Progent's Ransomware Forensics and Reporting in Bakersfield
Progent's ransomware forensics consultants can capture the system state after a ransomware assault and perform a comprehensive forensics analysis without impeding activity related to operational continuity and data recovery. Your Bakersfield business can use Progent's post-attack ransomware forensics documentation to block future ransomware assaults, validate the recovery of encrypted data, and meet insurance carrier and regulatory reporting requirements.
Ransomware forensics involves tracking and documenting the ransomware attack's storyline across the network from start to finish. This history of the way a ransomware assault travelled through the network assists your IT staff to evaluate the damage and uncovers weaknesses in policies or processes that need to be corrected to prevent future break-ins. Forensics is commonly given a top priority by the cyber insurance provider and is often required by government and industry regulations. Because forensic analysis can take time, it is essential that other important recovery processes like operational resumption are performed in parallel. Progent has an extensive roster of IT and data security experts with the knowledge and experience needed to perform activities for containment, operational continuity, and data recovery without disrupting forensics.
Ransomware forensics analysis is arduous and calls for intimate cooperation with the groups responsible for data restoration and, if necessary, payment discussions with the ransomware Threat Actor (TA). forensics can require the review of logs, registry, Group Policy Object (GPO), AD, DNS, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and basic Windows systems to check for changes.
Services involved with forensics investigation include:
- Disconnect but avoid shutting off all possibly suspect devices from the network. This can require closing all Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) ports and Internet facing network-attached storage, modifying admin credentials and user passwords, and implementing 2FA to guard backups.
- Capture forensically valid images of all exposed devices so your data restoration team can proceed
- Save firewall, virtual private network, and additional critical logs as quickly as possible
- Identify the type of ransomware involved in the assault
- Inspect each computer and data store on the system as well as cloud-hosted storage for indications of encryption
- Inventory all compromised devices
- Establish the type of ransomware involved in the attack
- Study logs and sessions to determine the timeline of the assault and to spot any possible lateral movement from the first infected system
- Understand the attack vectors used to perpetrate the ransomware attack
- Look for new executables associated with the original encrypted files or network breach
- Parse Outlook PST files
- Analyze attachments
- Separate any URLs from email messages and determine whether they are malicious
- Provide detailed attack reporting to satisfy your insurance and compliance regulations
- Document recommended improvements to close cybersecurity gaps and enforce processes that reduce the exposure to a future ransomware breach
Progent has delivered online and onsite IT services across the U.S. for over two decades and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's roster of SMEs includes professionals who have been awarded advanced certifications in foundation technology platforms including Cisco infrastructure, VMware, and major distributions of Linux. Progent's cybersecurity experts have earned prestigious certifications such as CISM, CISSP-ISSAP, and GIAC. (Refer to certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also offers guidance in financial management and Enterprise Resource Planning application software. This scope of skills gives Progent the ability to identify and consolidate the undamaged pieces of your IT environment following a ransomware attack and reconstruct them quickly into a functioning network. Progent has worked with top cyber insurance carriers including Chubb to help businesses recover from ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Investigation Expertise in Bakersfield
To learn more about ways Progent can assist your Bakersfield business with ransomware forensics investigation, call 1-800-462-8800 or see Contact Progent.