Progent's Ransomware Forensics Analysis and Reporting Services in Bakersfield
Progent's ransomware forensics consultants can preserve the evidence of a ransomware attack and carry out a detailed forensics investigation without slowing down activity required for operational resumption and data recovery. Your Bakersfield business can utilize Progent's post-attack ransomware forensics report to combat subsequent ransomware attacks, validate the restoration of lost data, and meet insurance and regulatory requirements.
Ransomware forensics analysis is aimed at determining and describing the ransomware assault's storyline throughout the network from start to finish. This audit trail of the way a ransomware attack travelled through the network helps you to assess the damage and highlights vulnerabilities in rules or work habits that should be rectified to prevent later breaches. Forensics is usually assigned a top priority by the insurance carrier and is typically mandated by state and industry regulations. Since forensic analysis can take time, it is critical that other key recovery processes like operational resumption are performed concurrently. Progent has an extensive team of information technology and cybersecurity professionals with the skills required to carry out the work of containment, operational continuity, and data recovery without interfering with forensics.
Ransomware forensics is complicated and calls for close interaction with the groups focused on file cleanup and, if necessary, settlement negotiation with the ransomware Threat Actor (TA). forensics typically require the review of logs, registry, Group Policy Object (GPO), AD, DNS servers, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and basic Windows systems to check for variations.
Services associated with forensics include:
- Disconnect but avoid shutting down all potentially affected devices from the system. This may involve closing all Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) ports and Internet connected NAS storage, changing admin credentials and user passwords, and implementing two-factor authentication to secure your backups.
- Capture forensically complete images of all suspect devices so your file recovery team can get started
- Save firewall, virtual private network, and additional critical logs as quickly as possible
- Establish the version of ransomware used in the assault
- Inspect every machine and storage device on the system including cloud storage for signs of compromise
- Inventory all encrypted devices
- Establish the kind of ransomware involved in the assault
- Review log activity and sessions to establish the time frame of the attack and to identify any potential sideways migration from the first compromised system
- Understand the security gaps used to carry out the ransomware assault
- Search for the creation of executables associated with the original encrypted files or network compromise
- Parse Outlook web archives
- Examine attachments
- Separate any URLs from messages and check to see whether they are malicious
- Produce comprehensive attack reporting to satisfy your insurance carrier and compliance regulations
- List recommended improvements to shore up security vulnerabilities and improve processes that reduce the exposure to a future ransomware exploit
Progent has delivered online and on-premises IT services throughout the U.S. for more than 20 years and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's team of SMEs includes consultants who have earned high-level certifications in foundation technology platforms such as Cisco networking, VMware virtualization, and popular distributions of Linux. Progent's cybersecurity consultants have earned industry-recognized certifications such as CISM, CISSP, and GIAC. (See Progent's certifications). Progent also has guidance in financial management and ERP software. This scope of expertise allows Progent to identify and integrate the surviving parts of your information system following a ransomware attack and reconstruct them rapidly into a viable system. Progent has collaborated with top insurance providers like Chubb to help businesses clean up after ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Expertise in Bakersfield
To learn more information about ways Progent can assist your Bakersfield organization with ransomware forensics, call 1-800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.