Overview of Progent's Ransomware Forensics and Reporting in Bakersfield
Progent's ransomware forensics consultants can capture the evidence of a ransomware assault and carry out a comprehensive forensics investigation without slowing down activity required for operational continuity and data restoration. Your Bakersfield organization can utilize Progent's ransomware forensics documentation to combat subsequent ransomware assaults, validate the recovery of encrypted data, and meet insurance and governmental reporting requirements.
Ransomware forensics analysis involves discovering and describing the ransomware assault's storyline across the targeted network from start to finish. This history of the way a ransomware assault progressed within the network helps your IT staff to evaluate the impact and highlights vulnerabilities in rules or processes that need to be rectified to avoid later breaches. Forensic analysis is commonly given a high priority by the cyber insurance provider and is typically mandated by state and industry regulations. Since forensic analysis can be time consuming, it is critical that other important activities like business resumption are executed in parallel. Progent has a large roster of information technology and data security professionals with the knowledge and experience required to perform the work of containment, business resumption, and data recovery without disrupting forensics.
Ransomware forensics analysis is complex and requires intimate interaction with the groups responsible for data restoration and, if needed, payment talks with the ransomware Threat Actor (TA). forensics can involve the examination of logs, registry, Group Policy Object, AD, DNS, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and basic Windows systems to detect changes.
Activities involved with forensics include:
- Detach but avoid shutting off all possibly affected devices from the network. This can require closing all RDP ports and Internet facing NAS storage, modifying admin credentials and user PWs, and setting up 2FA to secure your backups.
- Copy forensically valid images of all suspect devices so your data recovery team can get started
- Save firewall, VPN, and additional key logs as quickly as possible
- Identify the version of ransomware involved in the assault
- Survey every machine and data store on the network as well as cloud-hosted storage for indications of encryption
- Catalog all encrypted devices
- Establish the kind of ransomware involved in the attack
- Review logs and sessions in order to determine the timeline of the ransomware attack and to identify any potential sideways migration from the originally infected system
- Identify the security gaps exploited to perpetrate the ransomware assault
- Look for the creation of executables associated with the original encrypted files or network breach
- Parse Outlook web archives
- Examine email attachments
- Extract any URLs embedded in messages and check to see whether they are malicious
- Produce comprehensive incident documentation to meet your insurance and compliance requirements
- Suggest recommendations to close cybersecurity vulnerabilities and improve workflows that lower the risk of a future ransomware breach
Progent has provided online and onsite IT services throughout the United States for more than 20 years and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's team of subject matter experts includes professionals who have been awarded high-level certifications in foundation technology platforms including Cisco infrastructure, VMware, and major distributions of Linux. Progent's data security experts have earned internationally recognized certifications such as CISA, CISSP-ISSAP, and CRISC. (Refer to Progent's certifications). Progent also offers top-tier support in financial management and Enterprise Resource Planning software. This scope of skills gives Progent the ability to salvage and consolidate the surviving pieces of your IT environment after a ransomware assault and rebuild them rapidly into an operational system. Progent has collaborated with leading cyber insurance carriers like Chubb to help organizations clean up after ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Investigation Services in Bakersfield
To learn more information about how Progent can help your Bakersfield business with ransomware forensics investigation, call 1-800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.