Progent's Ransomware Forensics and Reporting Services in Bakersfield
Progent's ransomware forensics consultants can preserve the system state after a ransomware assault and perform a comprehensive forensics investigation without disrupting activity required for operational resumption and data recovery. Your Bakersfield business can use Progent's ransomware forensics documentation to counter future ransomware assaults, assist in the restoration of lost data, and comply with insurance and regulatory mandates.
Ransomware forensics involves tracking and describing the ransomware assault's storyline throughout the network from beginning to end. This audit trail of how a ransomware assault travelled through the network helps you to evaluate the impact and highlights weaknesses in policies or work habits that need to be corrected to prevent future break-ins. Forensics is commonly given a top priority by the cyber insurance carrier and is typically mandated by state and industry regulations. Because forensic analysis can take time, it is essential that other important recovery processes such as business continuity are executed in parallel. Progent maintains a large team of information technology and data security professionals with the knowledge and experience needed to carry out activities for containment, business continuity, and data restoration without interfering with forensics.
Ransomware forensics analysis is arduous and calls for intimate cooperation with the teams focused on file cleanup and, if necessary, settlement discussions with the ransomware hacker. forensics typically involve the review of logs, registry, Group Policy Object (GPO), Active Directory, DNS servers, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and basic Windows systems to check for anomalies.
Services involved with forensics include:
- Isolate without shutting down all potentially suspect devices from the network. This may involve closing all RDP ports and Internet connected network-attached storage, modifying admin credentials and user PWs, and setting up two-factor authentication to protect your backups.
- Preserve forensically sound digital images of all suspect devices so the data restoration team can get started
- Save firewall, VPN, and other key logs as soon as possible
- Determine the strain of ransomware used in the assault
- Inspect each machine and storage device on the network including cloud-hosted storage for signs of compromise
- Inventory all encrypted devices
- Establish the kind of ransomware used in the assault
- Study logs and sessions in order to determine the timeline of the ransomware assault and to identify any potential lateral migration from the originally compromised machine
- Identify the attack vectors used to carry out the ransomware attack
- Look for new executables associated with the original encrypted files or network compromise
- Parse Outlook web archives
- Analyze email attachments
- Extract any URLs from email messages and determine if they are malware
- Provide detailed attack reporting to satisfy your insurance carrier and compliance mandates
- List recommended improvements to shore up security gaps and improve workflows that lower the exposure to a future ransomware breach
Progent has delivered online and on-premises IT services across the United States for over two decades and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's roster of SBEs includes consultants who have been awarded advanced certifications in core technologies such as Cisco networking, VMware virtualization, and major Linux distros. Progent's cybersecurity consultants have earned industry-recognized certifications such as CISM, CISSP-ISSAP, and GIAC. (See Progent's certifications). Progent also offers top-tier support in financial management and ERP software. This breadth of expertise allows Progent to identify and consolidate the surviving parts of your IT environment following a ransomware assault and reconstruct them rapidly into a functioning network. Progent has worked with top cyber insurance providers including Chubb to assist businesses recover from ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Analysis Services in Bakersfield
To learn more information about how Progent can assist your Bakersfield business with ransomware forensics investigation, call 1-800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.