Overview of Progent's Ransomware Forensics Analysis and Reporting in Bakersfield
Progent's ransomware forensics consultants can preserve the system state after a ransomware assault and perform a detailed forensics investigation without slowing down activity related to operational continuity and data restoration. Your Bakersfield business can utilize Progent's post-attack ransomware forensics report to counter subsequent ransomware attacks, assist in the restoration of lost data, and meet insurance carrier and governmental requirements.
Ransomware forensics analysis involves tracking and describing the ransomware assault's progress throughout the targeted network from start to finish. This history of how a ransomware assault progressed through the network assists you to evaluate the damage and uncovers gaps in rules or processes that should be corrected to prevent later break-ins. Forensic analysis is commonly assigned a top priority by the cyber insurance provider and is often mandated by government and industry regulations. Since forensics can take time, it is essential that other key recovery processes such as operational resumption are pursued concurrently. Progent maintains a large roster of IT and security experts with the skills required to carry out the work of containment, operational resumption, and data recovery without interfering with forensic analysis.
Ransomware forensics analysis is time consuming and calls for intimate interaction with the teams focused on data recovery and, if necessary, settlement discussions with the ransomware Threat Actor. forensics can involve the examination of logs, registry, Group Policy Object, Active Directory, DNS servers, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and core Windows systems to detect anomalies.
Services associated with forensics investigation include:
- Isolate but avoid shutting down all potentially suspect devices from the network. This can require closing all RDP ports and Internet connected NAS storage, changing admin credentials and user PWs, and implementing two-factor authentication to guard your backups.
- Preserve forensically sound images of all exposed devices so your file recovery team can proceed
- Preserve firewall, VPN, and other critical logs as quickly as feasible
- Determine the type of ransomware used in the assault
- Survey each machine and data store on the network as well as cloud storage for indications of encryption
- Inventory all compromised devices
- Determine the kind of ransomware involved in the attack
- Study log activity and user sessions in order to determine the timeline of the attack and to spot any possible lateral migration from the originally infected machine
- Identify the security gaps used to carry out the ransomware attack
- Search for new executables associated with the first encrypted files or system breach
- Parse Outlook web archives
- Examine attachments
- Separate URLs from email messages and check to see whether they are malicious
- Provide comprehensive incident reporting to satisfy your insurance carrier and compliance mandates
- Suggest recommended improvements to close cybersecurity gaps and improve processes that lower the exposure to a future ransomware exploit
Progent has delivered remote and on-premises IT services throughout the United States for over 20 years and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's team of SMEs includes consultants who have earned advanced certifications in foundation technologies including Cisco networking, VMware, and popular Linux distros. Progent's data security consultants have earned internationally recognized certifications including CISA, CISSP-ISSAP, and GIAC. (Refer to Progent's certifications). Progent also has guidance in financial and Enterprise Resource Planning application software. This scope of skills allows Progent to salvage and integrate the undamaged parts of your IT environment after a ransomware attack and reconstruct them rapidly into a functioning network. Progent has collaborated with top insurance providers including Chubb to assist organizations recover from ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Investigation Expertise in Bakersfield
To find out more information about ways Progent can assist your Bakersfield business with ransomware forensics analysis, call 1-800-462-8800 or see Contact Progent.