Overview of Progent's Ransomware Settlement Negotiation Services in Bakersfield
Progent is experienced in negotiating ransomware settlements with hackers. Reaching an optimum settlement is a complicated exercise that calls for a combination of real-word experience, IT skills and business savvy. It also calls for close co-operation with the cyber-extortion target's IT team and the insurance provider, if any. Since the top goal of the ransomware target is fast recovery, it is vital to establish response groups that operate effectively, concurrently, and with intimate collaboration. Progent has the scope of technical knowledge and the depth of personnel to complement your IT staff and restore your network environment rapidly and economically.
Services available from Progent's ransomware settlement negotiation team include:
In parallel with the settlement negotiations, Progent's ransomware team can assist with:
- Establishing the kind of ransomware involved in the attack
- identifying and contacting the hacker
- Evaluating the recovery risk
- Testing the hacker's decryption tool
- Deciding on an acceptable settlement amount with the victim and the insurance provider
- Negotiating a settlement amount and timeline with the threat actor
- Confirming accordance with anti-money laundering (AML) laws
- Overseeing the crypto-currency transfer to the hacker
- Acquiring, reviewing, and operating the TA's decryption tool
- If needed, contacting the threat actor for technical help with the decryptor tool
After the decryption utility has been mastered, Progent can help you to recover machines and services to their original condition. Progent can also help you to perform a complete forensics analysis and generate a report to share with the cyber insurance carrier. This report helps you to understand cybersecurity gaps that need to be corrected and suggests steps that should be performed to counter future ransomware attacks.
- Isolating infected endpoints to prevent further progress of the attack
- Making replicas of every compromised device and data store to allow forensics without interfering with restoration
- Installing anti-virus protection to all virus-free endpoints
- Recovering data from offline backups or unscathed endpoints
- Creating a pristine recovery environment
- Mapping and connecting drives to reflect exactly their pre-attack condition
Settling Exfiltration Ransoms
In addition to extorting money for a decryption utility, modern strains of crypto-ransomware like Ryuk, Maze, DopplePaymer, and Egregor often attempt to steal (or "exfiltrate") information. Hackers are then able to require an additional ransom in exchange for not posting this data or selling it. Unfortunately, there is no method to prove that stolen files have been completely deleted by the TA. In fact, in many instances the threat actor has limited control over the disposition of the data. Paying an exfiltration ransom does not eliminate the necessity of engaging the advice of privacy lawyers, conducting an investigation into which data were taken, and carrying out the necessary alerts to impacted entities. In almost all cases, paying an exfiltration ransom is a waste.
Progent has delivered remote and on-premises network services throughout the United States for over 20 years and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's team of SMEs includes professionals who have earned high-level certifications in foundation technology platforms including Cisco networking, VMware, and major distributions of Linux. Progent's data security consultants have earned internationally recognized certifications including CISM, CISSP, and GIAC. (Refer to Progent's certifications). Progent also has guidance in financial and Enterprise Resource Planning software. This breadth of expertise gives Progent the ability to identify and integrate the surviving pieces of your information system following a ransomware attack and rebuild them rapidly into a viable network. Progent has collaborated with leading cyber insurance providers like Chubb to help organizations clean up after ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Settlement Negotiation Guidance in Bakersfield
To get in touch with Progent about ransomware settlement expertise in Bakersfield, call Progent at 800-462-8800 or go to Contact Progent.