Ransomware Hot Line: 800-462-8800
24x7 Online Access to a Senior Ransomware Engineer
Ransomware needs time to work its way across a target network. For this reason, ransomware attacks are typically launched on weekends and at night, when IT personnel are likely to be slower to recognize a penetration and are less able to organize a quick and coordinated defense. The more lateral progress ransomware can achieve inside a victim's system, the more time it takes to recover basic IT services and damaged files and the more information can be stolen and posted to the dark web.
Progent's Ransomware Hot Line is designed to guide organizations to complete the time-critical first phase in mitigating a ransomware assault by containing the malware. Progent's remote ransomware experts can assist businesses in the Bakersfield metro area to locate and isolate breached devices and protect undamaged resources from being compromised.
If your network has been breached by any strain of ransomware, act fast. Get immediate help by calling Progent's Ransomware Hot Line at 800-462-8800.
Progent's Ransomware Response Services Available in Bakersfield
Current strains of crypto-ransomware like Ryuk, Sodinokibi, DopplePaymer, and Nephilim encrypt online files and invade any available system restores and backups. Data synchronized to the cloud can also be corrupted. For a vulnerable environment, this can make system restoration nearly impossible and effectively sets the IT system back to the beginning. Threat Actors, the cybercriminals responsible for ransomware attack, demand a settlement fee for the decryptors needed to unlock scrambled files. Ransomware assaults also attempt to steal (or "exfiltrate") files and hackers require an additional settlement for not posting this data or selling it. Even if you are able to restore your system to an acceptable point in time, exfiltration can be a big problem according to the nature of the stolen information.
The restoration work after a ransomware penetration involves a number of distinct stages, the majority of which can proceed in parallel if the response team has a sufficient number of people with the required skill sets.
- Containment: This urgent initial response requires blocking the sideways spread of the attack within your network. The more time a ransomware attack is allowed to run unrestricted, the longer and more expensive the restoration effort. Because of this, Progent keeps a round-the-clock Ransomware Hotline staffed by seasoned ransomware recovery experts. Containment activities include cutting off infected endpoint devices from the rest of network to minimize the spread, documenting the environment, and protecting entry points.
- System continuity: This involves bringing back the IT system to a minimal useful level of capability with the shortest possible delay. This process is typically at the highest level of urgency for the victims of the ransomware attack, who often see it as an existential issue for their company. This activity also demands the widest array of IT skills that cover domain controllers, DHCP servers, physical and virtual machines, desktops, laptops and smart phones, databases, productivity and mission-critical apps, network topology, and secure endpoint access. Progent's recovery team uses state-of-the-art workgroup platforms to organize the complicated restoration effort. Progent understands the urgency of working quickly, tirelessly, and in unison with a customer's managers and network support staff to prioritize activity and to get vital services on line again as quickly as feasible.
- Data restoration: The effort necessary to recover data impacted by a ransomware attack varies according to the condition of the systems, the number of files that are affected, and which restore techniques are needed. Ransomware assaults can destroy critical databases which, if not properly closed, may have to be rebuilt from scratch. This can include DNS and AD databases. Exchange and Microsoft SQL Server depend on Active Directory, and many ERP and other business-critical applications are powered by SQL Server. Often some detective work may be required to locate clean data. For example, non-encrypted OST files (Outlook Email Offline Folder Files) may exist on staff PCs and notebooks that were off line at the time of the ransomware attack.
- Deploying modern antivirus/ransomware defense: ProSight ASM utilizes SentinelOne's machine learning technology to give small and mid-sized companies the advantages of the identical AV tools deployed by many of the world's biggest enterprises including Walmart, Visa, and Salesforce. By delivering real-time malware filtering, detection, containment, repair and analysis in one integrated platform, Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring reduces TCO, streamlines management, and promotes rapid operational continuity. SentinelOne's next-generation endpoint protection engine built into in Progent's ProSight ASM was listed by Gartner Group as the industry's "most visionary Endpoint Protection Platform." Progent is a SentinelOne Partner, reseller, and integrator. Read about Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring endpoint protection and ransomware defense with SentinelOne technology.
- Negotiating a settlement with the hacker Progent has experience negotiating ransom settlements with hackers. This calls for close co-operation with the victim and the cyber insurance carrier, if any. Services consist of establishing the type of ransomware used in the assault; identifying and establishing communications the hacker persona; verifying decryption tool; deciding on a settlement with the victim and the insurance carrier; establishing a settlement amount and schedule with the TA; confirming compliance with anti-money laundering regulations; carrying out the crypto-currency transfer to the TA; receiving, learning, and using the decryption utility; troubleshooting failed files; creating a clean environment; mapping and connecting drives to reflect precisely their pre-encryption state; and restoring physical and virtual devices and software services.
- Forensic analysis: This process involves discovering the ransomware attack's progress throughout the targeted network from start to finish. This history of how a ransomware assault progressed through the network assists you to assess the damage and brings to light weaknesses in rules or work habits that need to be rectified to prevent future break-ins. Forensics entails the examination of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object (GPO), Active Directory (AD), DNS servers, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and basic Windows systems to detect anomalies. Forensic analysis is commonly given a high priority by the cyber insurance provider. Since forensics can be time consuming, it is critical that other important activities such as operational continuity are performed concurrently. Progent has an extensive roster of information technology and security professionals with the skills needed to carry out activities for containment, business continuity, and data recovery without interfering with forensics.
Progent has delivered remote and on-premises IT services across the U.S. for over 20 years and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's team of SMEs includes consultants who have earned advanced certifications in core technology platforms such as Cisco infrastructure, VMware, and popular distributions of Linux. Progent's data security experts have earned industry-recognized certifications including CISM, CISSP, and CRISC. (Refer to certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also offers top-tier support in financial management and ERP application software. This breadth of expertise gives Progent the ability to salvage and consolidate the surviving parts of your network after a ransomware attack and rebuild them rapidly into a functioning system. Progent has collaborated with leading insurance providers like Chubb to help organizations recover from ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent for Ransomware Cleanup Services in Bakersfield
For ransomware recovery services in the Bakersfield area, phone Progent at 800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.