Ransomware Hot Line: 800-462-8800
24x7 Online Help from a Senior Ransomware Engineer
Ransomware needs time to work its way across a target network. Because of this, ransomware assaults are commonly launched on weekends and late at night, when IT personnel may be slower to recognize a penetration and are least able to organize a quick and forceful defense. The more lateral progress ransomware is able to manage within a target's network, the more time it will require to recover core operations and scrambled files and the more information can be exfiltrated to the dark web.
Progent's Ransomware Hot Line is intended to guide organizations to complete the urgent first phase in mitigating a ransomware assault by putting out the fire. Progent's online ransomware engineers can help businesses in the Bakersfield area to locate and isolate breached servers and endpoints and protect clean resources from being penetrated.
If your network has been breached by any strain of ransomware, don't panic. Get immediate help by calling Progent's Ransomware Hot Line at 800-462-8800.
Progent's Ransomware Response Services Offered in Bakersfield
Current strains of crypto-ransomware like Ryuk, Sodinokibi, DopplePaymer, and Egregor encrypt online data and infiltrate any available system restores. Data synchronized to the cloud can also be impacted. For a poorly defended network, this can make system restoration almost impossible and basically throws the datacenter back to the beginning. Threat Actors (TAs), the cybercriminals behind a ransomware attack, demand a ransom fee in exchange for the decryptors required to unlock scrambled files. Ransomware attacks also try to exfiltrate files and hackers demand an extra ransom for not posting this data on the dark web. Even if you are able to restore your system to a tolerable date in time, exfiltration can be a big issue according to the nature of the downloaded information.
The restoration work after a ransomware attack has several distinct stages, the majority of which can be performed in parallel if the recovery team has a sufficient number of people with the required skill sets.
- Containment: This urgent first step involves blocking the sideways progress of ransomware across your network. The more time a ransomware assault is permitted to go unchecked, the more complex and more expensive the recovery effort. Because of this, Progent keeps a 24x7 Ransomware Hotline staffed by seasoned ransomware recovery experts. Containment processes include isolating infected endpoints from the rest of network to minimize the contagion, documenting the environment, and protecting entry points.
- System continuity: This involves bringing back the network to a minimal acceptable level of capability with the shortest possible delay. This process is usually the top priority for the targets of the ransomware assault, who often see it as an existential issue for their company. This project also demands the widest range of technical skills that cover domain controllers, DHCP servers, physical and virtual servers, desktops, notebooks and smart phones, databases, office and mission-critical apps, network topology, and secure endpoint access. Progent's ransomware recovery team uses advanced collaboration platforms to organize the complex recovery effort. Progent appreciates the urgency of working quickly, tirelessly, and in concert with a client's managers and network support staff to prioritize activity and to put critical resources back online as fast as feasible.
- Data recovery: The work required to restore data damaged by a ransomware attack varies according to the condition of the network, the number of files that are encrypted, and which recovery techniques are required. Ransomware assaults can take down critical databases which, if not carefully closed, might need to be rebuilt from scratch. This can apply to DNS and AD databases. Exchange and SQL Server rely on AD, and many ERP and other mission-critical applications depend on Microsoft SQL Server. Often some detective work could be needed to locate undamaged data. For example, undamaged OST files (Outlook Email Offline Folder Files) may exist on employees' PCs and laptops that were off line at the time of the attack. Progent's Altaro VM Backup consultants can assist you to utilize immutability for cloud storage, enabling tamper-proof data for a set duration so that backup data cannot be modified or deleted by any user including root users. This provides an extra level of protection and recoverability in the event of a successful ransomware attack.
- Setting up advanced antivirus/ransomware defense: Progent's Active Security Monitoring utilizes SentinelOne's machine learning technology to offer small and medium-sized businesses the advantages of the identical anti-virus tools deployed by many of the world's biggest enterprises such as Netflix, Visa, and Salesforce. By delivering in-line malware blocking, detection, containment, recovery and analysis in one integrated platform, Progent's ASM cuts total cost of ownership, simplifies administration, and promotes rapid operational continuity. SentinelOne's next-generation endpoint protection engine built into in Progent's ProSight ASM was listed by Gartner Group as the "most visionary Endpoint Protection Platform (EPP)." Progent is a SentinelOne Partner, dealer, and integrator. Read about Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) endpoint protection and ransomware defense with SentinelOne technology.
- Negotiation with the hacker Progent is experienced in negotiating ransom settlements with hackers. This requires close co-operation with the ransomware victim and the cyber insurance carrier, if any. Activities include establishing the kind of ransomware involved in the assault; identifying and making contact with the hacker persona; testing decryption capabilities; budgeting a settlement with the victim and the cyber insurance carrier; establishing a settlement amount and schedule with the hacker; confirming adherence to anti-money laundering sanctions; overseeing the crypto-currency disbursement to the TA; acquiring, reviewing, and using the decryptor tool; troubleshooting decryption problems; creating a clean environment; mapping and reconnecting datastores to match exactly their pre-attack condition; and restoring physical and virtual devices and software services.
- Forensics: This process involves uncovering the ransomware attack's storyline across the network from beginning to end. This history of how a ransomware attack travelled through the network assists you to assess the damage and highlights vulnerabilities in policies or work habits that need to be rectified to avoid later breaches. Forensics entails the review of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object (GPO), Active Directory, DNS, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and core Windows systems to look for changes. Forensic analysis is commonly assigned a top priority by the insurance carrier. Since forensic analysis can be time consuming, it is essential that other important activities like operational resumption are executed in parallel. Progent maintains an extensive team of information technology and security experts with the skills needed to carry out activities for containment, operational resumption, and data restoration without interfering with forensics.
Progent has delivered remote and on-premises IT services across the United States for over two decades and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's team of SMEs includes professionals who have been awarded advanced certifications in core technology platforms including Cisco networking, VMware, and major distributions of Linux. Progent's data security consultants have earned industry-recognized certifications such as CISM, CISSP, and GIAC. (See certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also offers top-tier support in financial and ERP application software. This broad array of skills gives Progent the ability to salvage and integrate the undamaged pieces of your information system following a ransomware attack and reconstruct them quickly into a viable network. Progent has collaborated with leading insurance providers like Chubb to assist businesses recover from ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent for Ransomware System Restoration Consulting Services in Bakersfield
For ransomware system restoration consulting in the Bakersfield area, call Progent at 800-462-8800 or see Contact Progent.