Ransomware Hot Line: 800-462-8800
24x7 Remote Help from a Senior Ransomware Engineer
Ransomware requires time to work its way through a network. Because of this, ransomware attacks are typically unleashed on weekends and at night, when IT staff are likely to take longer to recognize a penetration and are less able to mount a quick and coordinated defense. The more lateral progress ransomware can make within a victim's system, the longer it takes to restore basic operations and damaged files and the more information can be stolen and posted to the dark web.
Progent's Ransomware Hot Line is designed to assist you to complete the time-critical first phase in responding to a ransomware attack by stopping the bleeding. Progent's online ransomware engineers can help businesses in the Bakersfield area to identify and quarantine infected servers and endpoints and protect undamaged assets from being compromised.
If your system has been breached by any strain of ransomware, act fast. Get help quickly by calling Progent's Ransomware Hot Line at 800-462-8800.
Progent's Ransomware Response Expertise Available in Bakersfield
Modern strains of crypto-ransomware such as Ryuk, Maze, DopplePaymer, and Egregor encrypt online files and attack any accessible system restores and backups. Data synchronized to the cloud can also be impacted. For a poorly defended network, this can make automated recovery nearly impossible and basically sets the IT system back to the beginning. Threat Actors, the cybercriminals behind a ransomware attack, insist on a ransom fee in exchange for the decryptors needed to recover encrypted data. Ransomware attacks also attempt to exfiltrate files and TAs demand an additional ransom for not posting this information or selling it. Even if you are able to restore your network to a tolerable point in time, exfiltration can be a major problem depending on the nature of the stolen data.
The restoration process subsequent to ransomware penetration involves several distinct stages, most of which can be performed in parallel if the recovery team has enough members with the required experience.
- Quarantine: This time-critical initial response requires blocking the sideways progress of the attack within your IT system. The more time a ransomware attack is permitted to go unrestricted, the more complex and more expensive the recovery effort. Recognizing this, Progent maintains a 24x7 Ransomware Hotline monitored by seasoned ransomware response engineers. Quarantine processes consist of isolating infected endpoint devices from the rest of network to minimize the spread, documenting the IT system, and protecting entry points.
- Operational continuity: This involves bringing back the network to a minimal useful level of functionality with the shortest possible downtime. This process is typically at the highest level of urgency for the targets of the ransomware assault, who often see it as a life-or-death issue for their business. This activity also demands the broadest array of technical skills that cover domain controllers, DHCP servers, physical and virtual servers, desktops, laptops and smart phones, databases, office and mission-critical applications, network architecture, and safe remote access. Progent's recovery experts use advanced workgroup platforms to organize the complicated recovery effort. Progent understands the importance of working quickly, continuously, and in concert with a client's managers and IT staff to prioritize tasks and to put essential services on line again as quickly as feasible.
- Data recovery: The work necessary to restore files damaged by a ransomware assault depends on the state of the systems, the number of files that are affected, and what restore methods are needed. Ransomware attacks can destroy key databases which, if not properly closed, may need to be reconstructed from the beginning. This can include DNS and Active Directory databases. Exchange and Microsoft SQL Server depend on AD, and many manufacturing and other business-critical applications depend on Microsoft SQL Server. Some detective work could be required to find undamaged data. For example, non-encrypted OST files may exist on staff PCs and notebooks that were not connected during the ransomware assault. Progent's Altaro VM Backup consultants can assist you to utilize immutable backup for cloud object storage, enabling tamper-proof data while under the defined policy so that backup data cannot be erased or modified by anyone including administrators. This adds an extra level of protection and recoverability in case of a ransomware breach.
- Implementing modern antivirus/ransomware defense: Progent's Active Security Monitoring incorporates SentinelOne's machine learning technology to give small and mid-sized businesses the advantages of the same anti-virus tools deployed by some of the world's largest corporations such as Walmart, Citi, and NASDAQ. By delivering real-time malware filtering, classification, containment, repair and forensics in one integrated platform, Progent's Active Security Monitoring reduces TCO, simplifies administration, and expedites resumption of operations. SentinelOne's next-generation endpoint protection engine built into in ProSight ASM was listed by Gartner Group as the industry's "most visionary Endpoint Protection Platform." Progent is a SentinelOne Partner, dealer, and integrator. Read about Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) endpoint protection and ransomware defense with SentinelOne technology.
- Negotiation with the threat actor (TA): Progent has experience negotiating ransom settlements with threat actors. This requires working closely with the victim and the cyber insurance provider, if any. Activities include establishing the kind of ransomware used in the attack; identifying and making contact with the hacker; testing decryption capabilities; budgeting a settlement with the ransomware victim and the insurance provider; negotiating a settlement and timeline with the hacker; checking adherence to anti-money laundering (AML) sanctions; overseeing the crypto-currency disbursement to the hacker; acquiring, learning, and using the decryption utility; troubleshooting failed files; building a clean environment; mapping and reconnecting datastores to reflect exactly their pre-attack state; and recovering computers and services.
- Forensics: This activity is aimed at uncovering the ransomware attack's progress throughout the targeted network from beginning to end. This history of the way a ransomware assault progressed through the network helps your IT staff to assess the damage and highlights shortcomings in security policies or processes that should be rectified to avoid later break-ins. Forensics entails the examination of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object, Active Directory, DNS, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and core Windows systems to check for anomalies. Forensic analysis is commonly given a high priority by the insurance provider. Because forensics can be time consuming, it is critical that other key recovery processes like business resumption are pursued concurrently. Progent has a large roster of information technology and security professionals with the skills required to carry out the work of containment, operational resumption, and data recovery without disrupting forensic analysis.
Progent has delivered remote and on-premises IT services throughout the U.S. for over two decades and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's team of subject matter experts (SMEs) includes professionals who have earned advanced certifications in foundation technology platforms such as Cisco networking, VMware, and major distributions of Linux. Progent's cybersecurity consultants have earned industry-recognized certifications such as CISM, CISSP, and CRISC. (See certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also has guidance in financial and ERP applications. This breadth of skills allows Progent to salvage and consolidate the surviving parts of your IT environment following a ransomware intrusion and rebuild them rapidly into an operational network. Progent has collaborated with leading cyber insurance providers like Chubb to assist organizations recover from ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent for Ransomware System Restoration Services in Bakersfield
For ransomware recovery consulting services in the Bakersfield area, phone Progent at 800-462-8800 or see Contact Progent.