Enlarging your remote workforce can have a significant impact on IT architecture, security/compliance, and corporate workflows. Progent has two decades of background helping small and mid-size businesses to design, configure, administer, optimize, and troubleshoot IT networks that support at-home workers. Progent can help your Bakersfield organization to select the appropriate technologies and follow best practices in creating and operating a safe virtual solution for telecommuters that promotes collaboration and delivers top business value. Progent can provide support services that go from as-needed expertise for getting you over occasional technical roadblocks to comprehensive project management or co-management to help you carry out mission-critical initiatives.
Progent can assist Bakersfield, California organizations to with any aspect of creating a high-functioning work-from-home environment by delivering infrastructure configuration services, IP voice troubleshooting, voice/video conferencing support, collaboration platform customization and training, public cloud connectivity, Call Desk augmentation, cybersecurity, backup/restore solutions, and unified management.
Infrastructure for Teleworkers
Setting up the network infrastructure needed to support a remote workforce can be particularly complex if you must accommodate a combination of personal hardware such as desktop computers and notebooks, Internet routers, and Wi-Fi APs from different manufacturers and with a variety of operating systems and firmware releases. Progent's background delivering online help for both legacy as well as modern technologies in remote office solutions enables you to make cost-effective use of your existing infrastructure and offers fast access to top-tire consultants for making necessary upgrades. Services offered by Progent to help your company to create a productive work-at-home ecosystem include:
- VPN technology makes it possible to establish a secure connection for authorized at-home workers to use IT assets situated at your company data center or in the cloud. Progent can assist your company to deploy and manage VPN access between your teleworkers and your various IT resources by providing remote VPN integration consulting. For businesses with Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco ASA experts can assist your remote workers to set up Cisco's popular AnyConnect software for secure VPN tunneling for a wide range of devices including Microsoft Windows, macOS, Apple iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) platforms enable an at-home worker to see and use a data center computer's desktop. This technology gives IT managers more control over the digital environment of telecommuters and ensures them a consistent and more productive work experience. Progent's VDI consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI consulting.
- Routers connect home computer networks to the Internet and typically support VPN connections, home wireless networks, and firewall services. Progent offers expert remote consulting for setting up home routers from all major manufacturers. See router integration support from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, typically supporting the whole family and guests, are commonly used by at-home employees to access their Internet router for work. This can cause performance as well as security problems. Progent can help businesses to mitigate these issues by providing services like Cisco Aironet configuration expertise, Cisco Meraki wireless installation consulting, and Ubiquiti wireless access point setup assistance.
- Internet connectivity methods impact the speed and reliability of connections between telecommuters and the company data center. Line-of-business applications might demand backup Internet access in the event the primary connection breaks. Progent can provide guidance for picking ISPs, picking appropriate bandwidth and data volume bundles, and setting up fault-tolerant Internet connections. See Internet connectivity integration services.
VoIP Solutions for At-Home Workers
Expanding the company phone environment to accommodate teleworkers is critical to maintaining an effective at-home workforce. A broad range of cloud-centric VoIP platforms are used by small and mid-size businesses to server telecommuters. Many enterprises rely on Cisco's modern or legacy platforms for VoIP management. Progent can help organizations of any size to design or maintain a telecommuter IP voice service that delivers the flexibility, convenience and protection needed for teleworkers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice experts offer advanced support to assist businesses tune their existing Cisco VoIP systems to handle an expanding at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM) extends enterprise telephony capabilities to devices such as VoIP phones, media processing products, Voice over IP gateways, and mixed media applications used throughout the network. Unified Communications Manager supports other combined media services like unified messaging, voice/video conferencing, and team collaboration networks. For more information about Progent's CUCM expertise, see CUCM consulting services.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing software and has been replaced by Cisco Unified CM. Progent's consultants can help you to maintain your existing CallManager deployment or upgrade efficiently to Cisco's modern IP telephony products. To find out about Progent's support services for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other older VoIP platforms, see CallManager expertise.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide integration with public telephony networks and with users working outside the corporate perimeter
such as at-home workers. Progent can provide expert support for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways like the UC520, UC540 and UC560 product lines and for current Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway configuration consulting.
- Other VoIP Platforms supported by Progent include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can assist you to update your wide area network architecture to work with these solutions and deliver online deployment and troubleshooting expertise.
Voice/Video Conferencing for At-Home Workers
A broad range of voice/video conferencing products from leading vendors support online meetings, video and voice conferencing, chat sessions, and content sharing for both local users and telecommuters. Many organizations utilize multiple conferencing products to accommodate their various partners and customers. Progent can assist your organization to manage your current conferencing environment and enhance the experience of your at-home workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular communications product that enables real-time presence, IM, voice and video conferencing plus the seamless integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications such as PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent can provide the expertise of Microsoft-certified consultants who can assist you to set up and manage Skype for Business client software to accommodate your remote workforce. For details about Progent's consulting services for Skype for Business, visit Skype for Business consulting experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video calling app for compatible iOS and Mac computers and smartphones. FaceTime works on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Newer editions of FaceTime support up to 32 concurrent users for voice/video sessions. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Apple FaceTime, visit Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides online conferencing for virtually all desktop or mobile devices. Offered through Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex capabilities include sharing specific content or computer screens, presentations that incorporate rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, network-based recording, plus editing and playback for future reference and training. To learn more about Progent's support services for Webex and for additional IP video products from Cisco, see Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams provides a portal for conferencing, contacts, and content with capabilities that include IP voice and video calling, persistent chat, plus data sharing. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Teams as well as for additional Microsoft 365 products, refer to Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide configuration and debugging expertise for these conferencing platforms and
assist your business to optimize your network architecture to host them.
Microsoft Collaboration Software for Remote Workers
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are tightly integrated with Microsoft's popular Office and Microsoft 365 suites, providing a powerful ecosystem of productivity apps that deliver a consistent user experience for sharing information throughout multiple sites and on a wide range of endpoint computers. Progent has provided online consulting services for SharePoint and Exchange Server since their original releases and can assist businesses to tune these flagship collaboration platforms to maximize the effectiveness of your remote workers.
SharePoint uses web sites to facilitate collaboration and information delivery by offering policy-based access to data, business processes, and utilities for searching through company-wide business data. SharePoint allows you to create secure web portals that enables remote workforce to see and update aggregated business intelligence via Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social web sites, and Web Parts. To find out about Progent's SharePoint support services, refer to SharePoint configuration and development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To find out about Progent's Exchange consulting expertise, visit planning and configuration expertise for Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoftís shared cloud-based file hosting and synchronization service, comparable to GoogleDrive. At-home users can store files to OneDrive, and colleagues anywhere can share them securely via a browser. Provided with Microsoft 365, OneDrive enables remote workers to jointly author files. Revisions made offline are automatically uploaded when you reconnect to the Internet. For details about Progent's expertise for OneDrive, refer to Microsoft Onedrive integration consulting.
Public Cloud Integration for At-Home Workers
Progent offers advanced remote support for helping businesses to create, manage and optimize integrated hybrid network models that combine internal data centers, telecommuters, branches, plus public cloud resources. Progent offers top-tier consultant for all modes of public cloud service including Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service. Progent can help remote workers fix issues with public cloud access, authentication, and cybersecurity.
Microsoft Azure is a leading family of public cloud software and services that enables you to utilize infrastructure, servers, and critical applications hosted on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Azure offers more than one hundred services services including the ability to host Windows and Linux-based virtual machines, on-demand cloud storage, email and messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and data backup. Progent can help your organization to set up VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity control with Azure Active Directory, and design backup and restore systems with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also help you create secure connections to Azure services for teleworkers by setting up and troubleshooting firewalls and VPN tunnels. To learn about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Azure, refer to Azure expertise.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing family of business productivity software and cloud-based services offered on a subscription basis. Office applications and services are marketed in a variety of bundles intended for customers ranging from students and small offices to major corporations. Progent offers fast and affordable online contact with experts familiar with Microsoft 365-compatible endpoints based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent's experts can help your business to assess the various subscription bundles available for Office 365 and configure 365 apps for your at-home workers to achieve top business value. To learn about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Office 365, see Microsoft 365 consulting support.
Exchange Online is one of the most popular applications in Azure-hosted Microsoft 365 product product suite. Microsoft 365 Exchange Online provides the advantages of lower spending for physical infrastructure, easier management, on-demand scaling, high availability, and additional benefits associated with public clouds. Microsoft has engineered Microsoft 365 Exchange Online to operate seamlessly with on-premises Exchange environments, enabling you to build hybrid information systems. Progent's Exchange experts can provide as-needed help to guide you through tough IT roadblocks and can also provide comprehensive project management services to make sure your telecommuters have convenient and secure access to your Microsoft 365 Exchange Online environment. To find out Progent's support services for Exchange Online, visit Office 365 Exchange Online integration and support consulting.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a trailblazer in the public cloud computing arena and is the industry's biggest source of cloud-based services. Progent offers quick and economical online contact with cloud connectivity experts who can help your business to plan, implement, manage, and troubleshoot hybrid information networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with local data centers and with other popular cloud platforms such as Microsoft Azure. Progent also can provide the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to help your company to create a high-uptime network model to make sure your employees have a consistent computing environment regardless of whether they are working from your headquarters, a branch office, at home, or on the move. For details about Progent's expertise for Amazon AWS, see Amazon AWS integration expertise.
Google Cloud (GCP) is a leading suite of cloud computing services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can help your organization to scale your existing IT resources with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's DBA consultants can help you make your critical apps cloud ready so your remote workers can take full advantage of Google Cloud services. Progent's consultants can help you to set up virtual machines on GCP Compute Engine, design an efficient storage system with GCP Storage, and streamline access control for telecommuters with GCP Cloud Identity services. Progent can also assist your organization to utilize GCP's management technology to control and monitor your GCP ecosystem. To find out, refer to Google Cloud Platform integration support.
Help Desk Call Center Support for At-Home Workers
A sudden, enterprise-wide transition to a telecommuter workforce, which could be driven by a pandemic or as part of a disaster recovery/business continuity preparedness plan, can overwhelm even the most efficient in-house Support Desk. Progent's Help Desk Call Center services make it possible for organizations to outsource or augment their Call Center by using Progent's online Technical Response Center (TRC) team.
- Progent's Standard Support Desk support services leverage Progent's nationwide team of remote technical support experts combined with enterprise-class ticketing and follow-up technology to offer an economical, state-of-the-art Help Desk Call Center. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer a comprehensive solution that addresses all facets of remote Level 1 PC support from initial service requests through trouble ticket creation, desktop sharing, problem resolution, and incident reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal enables from-home workers to check or edit the status of their active trouble tickets, enter information, and upload screen captures and relevant files. Desktop support services are provided at a substantial discount off Progent's normal Level 1 desktop support charges, and Progent offers optional fast hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 IT specialists to resolve complex problems. For details, go to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small businesses.
- Progent's Help Desk Call Center Supplemental Service enables your company to augment your existing Call Center team by splitting responsibilities for Help Desk support services transparently between your in-house support staff and Progent's nationwide pool of PC support engineers and subject matter specialists. Progent's co-managed Call Center service is based on a collaborative support model based on the number one professional services automation (PSA) platform for managing service requests and trouble tickets, establishing responsibility, monitoring progress, and producing management reports. To find out how Progent's Help Desk Supplementation Services can help your company to provide world-class technical support to your teleworkers, visit Progent's Help Desk augmentation Services.
Security and Compliance for At-Home Workers
Remote workers commonly use their own computing devices and work in an unsecured space. This worsens their exposure to cyber attacks and requires judicious deployment of security appliances, remote security monitoring, and the enforcement of policies that follow best practices. Progent's seasoned roster of certified cybersecurity experts can help your organization to plan, implement and manage a compliant security solution that protects vital data in networks that include remote workers.
- Firewalls enable companies to create a network that can be securely utilized by on-premises users as well as by an at-home workforce, mobile users, suppliers, customers, and the public. Modern firewall appliances allow you to assign and manage appropriate access rights to different groups of users and to scale your IT network and modify your security as your business evolves and as cyber threats grow increasingly sophisticated. Progent works with both new and older firewall appliances from all major vendors like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. To learn more about Progent's firewall integration expertise, refer to firewall configuration and support services.
- Online Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it easy to watch over the disparate devices utilized by telecommuters and either reject or identify and respond to the latest cyber attacks like ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a small-footprint software agent is put on each protected endpoint device, watching all activity and utilizing state-of-the-art machine learning and full execution context to identify new threats at inception. When a cyberattack is discovered, ProSight ASM immediately disconnects the targeted device from the network to contain the malware. Since the ProSight Active Security Monitoring software agent is self-contained, endpoints remain secure even if they are offline. To find out more about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, visit remote endpoint security monitoring for teleworkers.
- Security Audits can evaluate the exposure of your network to all types of external and internal security attacks for an environment that incorporates telecommuters. Progent can run remote, automated cybersecurity inventory scanning for quickly and affordably detecting a broad range of security gaps that can be found over the Internet. Progent's security audit consulting services, which can be managed by data security professionals with top credentials such as CISM, CISSP, and GIAC, can help your company to audit your procedures and governance policies and review your IT architecture to enable you to implement top-level protection for your an at-home workforce.
Data Protection for Telecommuters
The field of Data Protection involves backing up and recovering vital information so as to avoid data loss and minimize recovery time and effort in case of storage system failures due to equipment breakdowns, software hiccups, user mistakes, cyber attack, or any other reason. Dependable data protection solutions can be especially difficult to design and maintain in hybrid environments that combine local data centers, cloud resources, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Restore strategies for remote workers must address multiple types of user-owned endpoints. Progent can provide quick remote access to consultants knowledgeable about a broad array of products for protection Microsoft Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktop computers as well as laptops, iPads and smartphones. Leading backup/restore solutions supported by Progent's backup/recovery consultants include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Mozy, and Time Machine. To protect resources spread throughout a hybrid network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a managed backup/recovery service that utilizes cloud-based storage and includes granular restore and unified management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) plans typically anticipate scenarios that call for a rapid switch to telecommuting. Progent's senior disaster recovery planning consultants and business continuity planning consultants can help your company to create, document and test a DR/BC plan that addresses the process of switching to telecommuting.
Unified Management for Remote Workers
Microsoft has renamed and rebundled its endpoint management products under the name Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud management of mobile and remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing local endpoints. Endpoint Manager features a unified solution for protecting critical information by controlling onsite, mobile, and home-based endpoint devices.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also features Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and securing mobile computers and applications. Managed endpoint devices can be personally owned or business owned. IT administrators managing the enrolled endpoint computers of at-home workers can utilize Intune to provision and validate apps on managed devices, push patches and certificates, set up policies for accessing information and networks, manage passwords, create VPN connections, determine how teleworkers share data, set up threat defense, verify security compliance, and wipe sensitive data from lost, stolen or deactivated devices. Microsoft Intune can be used with iOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS endpoints. To find out about Intune and to find out how Progent can help you to use this platform to administer the endpoint devices of your at-home workers, visit Intune teleworker endpoint management experts.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced centralized MDM product that helps network managers to keep remote endpoint devices up to date and protected. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch technology for unified endpoint administration plus VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery technology for identity control, application management, and setup management of endpoints. Workspace ONE runs with devices powered by Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-premises deployment through a perpetual license. Key features of VMware Workspace ONE include fast over-the-air provisioning of new laptops, immediate onboarding of new users, policy set up and enforcement for all categories of endpoints, unifies reporting and performance analytics, email encryption, and tight integration with Microsoft applications and cloud services. For information about Progent's expertise for VMware Workspace ONE, see VMware Workspace ONE remote endpoint management consultants.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Support Services
To get in touch with Progent about creating and managing an efficient work-from-home solution for your Bakersfield, California organization, phone 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.