Expanding your remote workforce can have a major effect on IT infrastructure, security, and company workflows. Progent has 20 years of background helping small and mid-size businesses to design, configure, administer, tune, and debug IT networks that support at-home workers. Progent can help your Bakersfield organization to pick the right technologies and follow best practices in building and maintaining a safe virtual office ecosystem for telecommuters that promotes teamwork and returns maximum business value. Progent can provide services that go from as-needed expertise for getting you past challenging technical roadblocks to comprehensive project management or co-management to help you carry out business-critical initiatives.
Progent's consultants can help Bakersfield, California organizations to with any aspect of building a high-performing telecommuting environment by delivering network infrastructure configuration services, VoIP PBX troubleshooting, video conferencing integration, collaboration platform selection and deployment, cloud integration, helpdesk augmentation, endpoint security, data protection solutions, and unified management.
Infrastructure for Telecommuters
Configuring the network infrastructure needed for an at-home work environment can be especially challenging if you have to manage a mix of worker-owned hardware like PCs and notebooks, Internet routers, and wireless APs from an assortment of vendors and with a variety of operating systems and firmware releases. Progent's experience delivering online support for both legacy as well as current technologies in remote office venues allows you to make cost-effective use of your existing network infrastructure and offers fast access to top-tire consultants for implement essential updates. Services offered by Progent to help you to implement a productive work-at-home infrastructure include:
- VPN connectivity allows you to establish a safe connection for authorized at-home employees to use IT resources situated at your corporate datacenter or in a public cloud. Progent can assist you to deploy and manage VPN access between your teleworkers and your key IT resources by providing online VPN integration consulting. For organizations with Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA consultants can assist your remote workers to set up Cisco's AnyConnect client software to provide secure VPN tunneling for a broad range of endpoint devices such as Windows, macOS, Apple iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure products allow an at-home worker to view and use a data center computer's desktop. This provides network managers significant control over the computing environment of at-home employees and ensures remote users a consistent and more productive work experience. Progent's virtual desktop consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI solutions.
- Routers connect at-home computer networks to the Internet and typically support VPN connections, home Wi-Fi connectivity, and firewalls. Progent offers expert remote consulting for setting up home routers from a variety of manufacturers. See router integration services from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wireless networks, typically supporting the whole family and guests, are commonly utilized by telecommuters to connect to their router for work. This can cause throughput and security problems. Progent can assist businesses to mitigate these problems by providing expertise that include Cisco Aironet configuration consulting, Cisco-certified Meraki wireless installation consulting, and Ubiquiti Unifi wireless access point setup help.
- Internet connectivity solutions affect the speed and availability of connections between telecommuters and the company data center. Vital processes may demand backup Internet connections in case the primary connection fails. Progent can provide guidance for selecting Internet service providers, picking appropriate service bundles, and setting up fault-tolerant Internet access. Refer to Internet access integration services.
VoIP Integration for Remote Workers
Expanding the company PBX system to accommodate remote users is vital to maintaining an effective at-home workforce. A variety of cloud-centric digital PBX products are popular with small and mid-size businesses to server telecommuters. Many enterprises depend on Cisco's current or legacy platforms for IP voice solutions. Progent can help organizations of any size to design or tune a telecommuter IP voice environment that provides the flexibility, transparency and security needed for remote users. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice consultants offer high-level support to help businesses optimize their current Cisco VoIP systems to support a growing remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM or CUCM) delivers enterprise IP telephony features to devices like VoIP phones, media processing platforms, VoIP gateways, and multimedia applications deployed across the network. Unified Communications Manager manages other combined media services like messaging, video conferencing, and team collaboration networks. For more information about Progent's CUCM support, visit CUCM expertise.
- CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing agent and has been superseded by Cisco Unified CM. Progent's consultants can assist you to maintain your current CallManager environment or migrate smoothly to Cisco's modern IP telephony solutions. To find out about Progent's expertise for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other early IP voice products, refer to CallManager consulting services.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide integration with public telephony networks and with users operating beyond the corporate firewall
like at-home workers. Progent offers expert support for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways including the UC520, UC540 and UC560 product lines as well as for modern Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway integration consulting.
- Additional VoIP Products supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can assist you to enhance your WAN architecture to work with these solutions and provide on-demand integration and troubleshooting expertise.
Voice/Video Conferencing for Teleworkers
A broad selection of video conferencing platforms from major technology companies support virtual meetings, video and voice conferencing, chat sessions, and screen/content sharing for both local users and at-home workers. Many companies use multiple conferencing products to meet the needs of their different partners and customers. Progent can assist you to maintain your existing conferencing ecosystem and optimize the productivity of your at-home workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular communications platform that supports real-time presence, IM, voice and video calling and conferencing plus the transparent integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software including PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent can provide the expertise of Microsoft-certified specialists who can assist your company to configure and maintain Skype for Business clients to accommodate your at-home workforce. To learn more about Progent's support services for Skype for Business, refer to Skype for Business integration experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video phone platform for iOS, iPadOS, iPod and Mac computers and smartphones. FaceTime works over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Current versions of FaceTime support as many as 32 simultaneous users for video sessions. For details about Progent's support services for Apple FaceTime, see Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports remote conferencing for virtually all computing devices. Delivered via Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex capabilities include sharing discrete content or computer screens, presentations that incorporate rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, session capture, plus editing and playback for future reference and training. For details about Progent's consulting services for Webex and for other IP video products from Cisco, see Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams provides a hub for conferencing, contacts, and content with features such as voice/video conferencing, persistent chat, plus file sharing. For details about Progent's support expertise for Teams as well as for additional Microsoft 365 apps, see Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Voice/Video Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver integration and debugging expertise for these products and
help you to optimize your WAN architecture to host them.
Microsoft Collaboration Platforms for an At-Home Workforce
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are closely integrated with Microsoft's popular Office suites, providing a powerful environment of applications that deliver a cohesive user experience for sharing information throughout multiple sites and on a wide range of endpoint devices. Progent has provided remote consulting support for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange Server since their initial publication and can help businesses to deploy these flagship collaboration products to maximize the effectiveness of your remote workforce.
SharePoint utilizes web sites to facilitate collaboration and knowledge sharing by offering policy-based delivery of data, business processes, and tools for searching through company-wide information silos. SharePoint permits you to create secure web portals that enables at-home workers to view and update consolidated business intelligence via Wikis, Blogs, social sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). For information about Progent's SharePoint consulting services, refer to SharePoint configuration and development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To find out about Progent's Exchange support services, go to deployment expertise for Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoftís shared cloud-based file hosting and synchronization service, similar to GoogleDrive. At-home workers can store files to OneDrive, and co-workers anywhere can share them securely via a web browser. Provided with Office 365, OneDrive enables home workers to co-edit documents. Edits created offline are uploaded when you go back online. To find out about Progent's consulting expertise for OneDrive, visit Onedrive integration consulting.
Cloud Integration for Telecommuters
Progent can provide advanced online support for enabling organizations to create, maintain and optimize cohesive hybrid network models that combine internal data centers, telecommuters, branch offices, and cloud resources. Progent can provide expertise for all modes of cloud service delivery such as Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service. Progent can help telecommuters resolve problems with cloud connectivity, identity, and cybersecurity.
Azure is a popular platform for cloud services that allows you to use infrastructure, servers, and key apps hosted on Microsoft's massive cloud. Azure offers more than one hundred cloud-based services including hosting for Windows and Linux-based VMs, on-demand cloud storage, messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and backup/restore. Progent can help your organization to deploy virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity management with Azure Active Directory, and design data backup and recovery solutions with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also show you how to create secure connections to Azure services for at-home workers by configuring and troubleshooting firewall appliances and VPN IPsec tunnels. For information about Progent's expertise for Azure, see Microsoft Azure expertise.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's popular family of client productivity software and cloud services offered by subscription. Office apps and cloud services are provided in a selection of plans designed for users ranging from individuals and households to large enterprises. Progent can provide quick and easy online contact with consultants knowledgeable about Microsoft 365-compatible devices based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent's experts can assist you to assess the various subscription bundles available for Office 365 and configure 365 apps for your teleworkers to achieve maximum business value. To learn about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Office 365, go to Office 365 integration support.
Office 365 Exchange Online is one of the most popular applications in the Microsoft 365 product line. Microsoft 365 Exchange Online provides the benefits of reduced costs for physical infrastructure, simplified management, on-demand scaling, high availability, and other benefits associated with public clouds. Microsoft has engineered Office 365 Exchange Online to run transparently with on-premises Exchange environments, enabling customers to create hybrid networks. Progent's Exchange consultants can provide as-needed help to guide you through challenging IT roadblocks and also offer comprehensive project management services to ensure your teleworkers have convenient and safe access to your Microsoft 365 Exchange Online environment. For details Progent's consulting expertise for Exchange Online, refer to Exchange Online configuration and troubleshooting consulting.
Amazon AWS is a pioneer in the public cloud arena and is the world's biggest source of cloud services. Progent offers rapid and affordable online access to cloud connectivity consultants who can help your organization to design, deploy, maintain, and debug hybrid IT networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud services with on-premises resources and with other popular cloud platforms such as Microsoft Azure. Progent also can provide the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to assist your company to create a high-availability network model to make sure your users have a productive computing experience regardless of whether they are working from your headquarters, a remote branch, at home, or on the road. For details about Progent's support services for Amazon AWS, visit Amazon AWS consulting expertise.
Google Cloud Platform is a popular suite of cloud services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can assist you to expand your current IT assets with the Google Cloud, and Progent's database consultants can show you how to make your critical applications cloud ready so your telecommuters can benefit fully from Google Cloud Platform services. Progent's consultants can help your business to set up virtual machines on Google Cloud Compute Engine, design an efficient storage system with GCP Storage, and simplify access management for remote workers with GCP Cloud Identity. Progent's consultants can also help your organization to utilize GCP's management tools to control and track your Google Cloud ecosystem. For details, refer to Google Cloud Platform integration support.
Help Desk Call Center Support for Telecommuters
A fast, company-wide changeover to a teleworker workforce, which could be activated by a pandemic or as an element of a disaster recovery plan, can overwhelm even the most efficient internal Call Center. Progent's Help Desk services make it possible for organizations of any size to outsource or supplement their Call Desk with Progent's remote Technical Response Center (TRC) services.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk services utilize Progent's extensive network of online IT support specialists combined with world-class trouble ticketing and tracking software to provide an economical, advanced Help Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer an end-to-end solution that handles all aspects of remote Level 1 PC technical support from help requests to ticket creation, desktop sharing, problem resolution, and incident reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal allows teleworkers to monitor or edit the status of their current trouble tickets, add details, and append screen captures or relevant files. Desktop support services are provided at a significant price reduction off Progent's normal Level 1 desktop support charges, and Progent makes available the option of fast escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 support experts to resolve complex issues. To find out more, go to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small and mid-size companies.
- Progent's Support Desk Augmentation Service allows your business to supplement your existing Support Desk team by sharing delivery of Call Center services transparently between your regular support organization and Progent's nationwide team of PC support technicians and subject matter specialists. Progent's co-managed Help Desk Call Center service is based on a collective support solution utilizing the leading PSA platform for handling help requests and trouble tickets, establishing ownership, monitoring progress, and producing management reports. To find out how Progent's Call Desk Supplementation Services can enable your business to provide world-class technical support to your from-home workers, refer to Progent's Support Desk supplementation Services.
Cybersecurity for At-Home Workers
Teleworkers commonly run their own equipment and work in an unsecured area. This worsens their exposure to cyber threats and demands careful deployment of firewalls, remote monitoring, and the enforcement of security policies based on leading practices. Progent's veteran team of certified data security professionals can assist you to plan, implement and administer a compliant security solution that protects critical information in IT networks that include an at-home workforce.
- Firewalls allow companies to build a network environment that can be securely utilized by local users and by an at-home workforce, mobile workers, vendors, customers, and the public. Next-generation firewall devices allow you to assign and manage appropriate access rights to various groups of users and to scale your network and modify your security as your company evolves and as network attacks grow more complex. Progent supports both current and older security appliances from all major vendors including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. For details about Progent's firewall configuration services, refer to firewall configuration and support expertise.
- Remote Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it possible to track the disparate devices used by at-home workers and either reject or identify and mitigate the latest threats like ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a lightweight agent is installed on every secured endpoint, watching all activity and utilizing advanced machine learning to detect zero-day threats on arrival. When a cyberattack is spotted, ProSight ASM immediately disconnects the infected device from the network to quarantine the threat. Since the ProSight Active Security Monitoring agent is autonomous, endpoints remain secure even if they are disconnected from the Internet. To learn more about ProSight ASM, refer to remote endpoint security monitoring for telecommuters.
- Security Audits can evaluate the vulnerability of your information system to all types of outside and internal security attacks for an environment that includes telecommuters. Progent can run online, automated cybersecurity inventory scanning for quickly and affordably detecting a broad range of security gaps that can be surfaced via the Internet. Progent's security assessment experts, which can be provided by security professionals with advanced credentials such as CISM, ISSAP, and GIAC, can help your company to evaluate your workflows and governance policies and assess your WAN infrastructure to allow you to implement the highest level of protection for your teleworkers.
Data Protection Solutions for At-Home Workers
Data Protection covers backing up and restoring vital information so as to prevent data loss and minimize recovery time and effort in case of storage problems due to equipment breakdowns, software hiccups, operator mistakes, malware, or any other reason. Dependable data protection strategies can be particularly difficult to design and manage in hybrid networks that incorporate local data centers, cloud resources, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Recovery solutions for teleworkers must cover multiple kinds of personally owned endpoint devices. Progent can provide quick online access to experts knowledgeable about a wide array of platforms for protection Microsoft Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX servers and desktops as well as laptops, iPads and handhelds. Leading backup/restore solutions maintained by Progent's backup/recovery experts include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, CrashPlan, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To back up data spread throughout a wide area network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services, a managed backup/recovery service that uses cloud storage and includes granular recovery and centralized management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity strategies commonly anticipate circumstances that require a quick changeover to a work-at-home environment. Progent's senior disaster recovery preparedness experts and business continuity planning specialists can help your business to create, document and validate a DR/BC strategy that addresses the process of moving to telecommuting.
Unified Management for Teleworkers
Microsoft has renamed and rebundled its endpoint management products under the title Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud management of remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing onsite endpoints. Microsoft Endpoint Manager provides a centralized solution for protecting critical information by managing onsite, mobile, and at-home endpoints.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also features Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and protecting remote devices and software. Managed endpoint computers can be personally owned or business owned. Network administrators managing the enrolled endpoint devices of telecommuters can use Intune to deploy and authenticate applications on devices, push updates and certificates, set up policies for permission to access information and resources, set passwords, create VPN tunnels, control how teleworkers share data, set up threat defense, verify security compliance, and wipe corporate data from lost, stolen or decommissioned devices. Microsoft Intune runs with iOS/iPadOS, Android, Windows, and macOS endpoints. To learn about Microsoft Intune and to find out how Progent can assist you to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to administer the endpoint computers of your at-home workforce, refer to Intune telecommuter endpoint management consultants.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich centralized Mobile Device Management (MDM) product that allows network administrators to keep off-premises endpoints current and secure. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch technology for centralized endpoint management combined with VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery platform for access control, application management, and configuration management of endpoints. Workspace ONE runs with devices powered by Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-site deployment via a perpetual license. Key features of VMware Workspace ONE include rapid remote provisioning of new laptops, quick onboarding of new users, policy set up and enforcement for all categories of devices, unifies reporting and performance analytics, an email encryption gateway, and integration with Microsoft applications and cloud products. To find out about Progent's expertise for VMware Workspace ONE, refer to VMware Workspace ONE mobile endpoint management consultants.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Support Services
To contact Progent about building and maintaining an efficient telecommuter environment for your Bakersfield, California company, call 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.