Expanding your telecommuter workforce can have a major impact on IT infrastructure, security/compliance, and company culture. Progent has 20 years of background assisting small and mid-size businesses to design, deploy, manage, tune, and debug IT networks that incorporate work-from-home employees. Progent can assist your Bakersfield company to pick the appropriate technologies and adhere to leading practices in building and maintaining a safe virtual solution for telecommuters that facilitates collaboration and delivers top value. Progent can provide support services that go from as-needed guidance for helping you over challenging IT roadblocks to full project management to help you successfully complete mission-critical initiatives.
Progent can help Bakersfield, California companies to with any aspect of building a high-performing remote work ecosystem by delivering network infrastructure configuration services, IP voice expertise, video conferencing integration, collaboration platform selection and deployment, cloud integration, helpdesk services, security monitoring, data protection solutions, and streamlined management.
Infrastructure for a Remote Workforce
Integrating the network infrastructure needed for a remote work environment can be particularly complicated if you must manage a combination of personal hardware like desktop computers and laptops, routers, and wireless APs from various manufacturers and with a mix of OS software and firmware levels. Progent's experience delivering online help for both legacy and current technologies in remote office solutions allows you to make cost-effective use of your available network infrastructure and provides you with ready access to top-tire consultants for implement necessary upgrades. Support services offered by Progent to help your company to create a productive telecommuting ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) technology allows you to establish a secure tunnel for authorized remote employees to access IT resources located at your company datacenter or in the cloud. Progent can assist you to deploy and manage VPN connections between your teleworkers and your key IT resources by providing online VPN integration consulting. For businesses with Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA experts can help your remote workers to utilize Cisco's AnyConnect software for safe VPN connections for a wide range of devices such as Microsoft Windows, Mac, Apple iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure platforms enable a telecommuter to see and use a remote computer's desktop. This gives network managers significant control over the computing environment of at-home employees and ensures them a consistent and more productive work experience. Progent's virtual desktop consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI consulting.
- Routers attach home networks to the Internet and typically support VPN tunnels, home Wi-Fi networks, and firewall services. Progent offers expert online support for configuring home routers from a range of manufacturers. See router integration services from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, typically shared by the whole family and visitors, are frequently utilized by telecommuters to connect to their router for work. This can create throughput as well as cybersecurity issues. Progent can help you to resolve these issues by delivering expertise like Cisco Aironet configuration expertise, Cisco-certified Meraki WiFi deployment consulting, and Ubiquiti Unifi WiFi access point integration assistance.
- Internet connectivity methods impact the performance and reliability of connections between telecommuters and the company data center. Line-of-business applications may demand backup Internet access in case the normal connection fails. Progent offers guidance for selecting ISPs, picking sensible bandwidth and data volume offerings, and configuring redundant Internet access. Refer to Internet connectivity integration services.
VoIP Solutions for At-Home Workers
Expanding the business PBX system to accommodate remote users is critical to maintaining an effective at-home workforce. A variety of cloud-based IP voice platforms are used by small and mid-size businesses to server teleworkers. Many enterprises rely on Cisco's modern or older platforms for VoIP solutions. Progent can help organizations of all sizes to design or maintain a remote VoIP environment that delivers the versatility, transparency and security needed for telecommuters. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice consultants offer advanced support to assist businesses tune their current Cisco VoIP environments to handle a growing remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) delivers advanced telephony features to devices such as VoIP phones, media processing platforms, VoIP gateways, and multimedia applications deployed across the network. CUCM manages additional mixed media services like messaging, video conferencing, and team collaboration networks. For details about Progent's Cisco Unified CM or CUCM expertise, visit Cisco Unified Communications Manager consulting services.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing agent and has been replaced by Cisco Unified CM or CUCM. Progent can assist you to support your current CallManager deployment or migrate smoothly to Cisco's current IP telephony products. For details about Progent's support services for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other legacy IP voice platforms, refer to CallManager consulting services.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable connectivity with PSTN networks and with clients working beyond the corporate perimeter
such as at-home workers. Progent offers consulting expertise for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways including the UC520, UC540 and UC560 series as well as for current Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway integration consulting.
- Additional VoIP Products supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can assist you to update your WAN architecture to work with these solutions and provide on-demand configuration and debugging services.
Voice/Video Conferencing for Teleworkers
A wide range of voice/video conferencing products from major vendors support online meetings, video and voice conferencing, chat, and screen/content sharing for both local workers and at-home workers. Many organizations utilize multiple products to accommodate their various partners and customers. Progent's communications experts can assist your organization to maintain your current voice/video conferencing environment and optimize the engagement of your remote employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular unified communications product that enables real-time presence, IM, voice and video calling and conferencing as well as the transparent integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications such as PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent offers the expertise of Microsoft-certified specialists who can help you to configure and maintain Skype for Business clients to support your at-home workforce. To learn more about Progent's support services for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business consulting experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video calling platform for iOS, iPadOS, iPod and macOS devices. FaceTime works over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Current versions of FaceTime support up to 32 simultaneous users for voice/video calls. For details about Progent's consulting services for FaceTime, visit Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports remote conferencing for virtually all desktop or mobile devices. Offered through Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex capabilities include sharing specific content or computer screens, presentations that incorporate rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint, session capture, plus editing and playback for training. For details about Progent's support expertise for Webex as well as for additional video conferencing products from Cisco, see Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a portal for conferencing, contacts, and content with features that include IP voice and video calling, threaded chat, plus data sharing. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Teams and for additional Microsoft 365 products, see Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Conferencing Apps supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide integration and debugging services for these products and
assist your business to tune your WAN infrastructure to run them.
Microsoft Collaboration Software for Telecommuters
Microsoft's collaboration products are closely integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office and Microsoft 365 suites, offering a rich ecosystem of applications that create a consistent user interface for exchanging data and ideas throughout multiple sites and on a wide selection of endpoints. Progent has provided remote consulting services for SharePoint and Exchange Server since their first publication and can help businesses to configure these flagship collaboration platforms to optimize the effectiveness of your at-home workforce.
SharePoint uses web sites to enable collaboration and knowledge sharing by providing policy-based access to content, business processes, and tools for looking through company-wide information silos. SharePoint allows you to create protected portals that permits at-home workforce to see and update consolidated business intelligence via Wikis, Blogs, social networking sites, and Web Parts. For information about Progent's SharePoint expertise, visit SharePoint configuration and application development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To find out about Progent's Exchange support services, refer to planning and configuration consulting services for Microsoft Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoft's shared cloud-based storage service, similar to GoogleDrive. Remote workers can save files to the OneDrive service, and co-workers anywhere can retrieve them securely through a browser. Included with Microsoft Office and Microsoft 365, OneDrive enables at-home workers to co-edit files. Revisions made offline are synced when you reconnect to the Internet. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft OneDrive, refer to Microsoft Onedrive integration experts.
Cloud Integration Services for At-Home Workers
Progent can provide advanced remote support for helping businesses to build, manage and repair cohesive hybrid network models that incorporate physical data centers, remote workers, branch offices, plus public cloud resources. Progent can provide top-tier consultant for all modes of public cloud service such as Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help telecommuters resolve issues with public cloud connectivity, identity, and cybersecurity.
Azure is a leading platform for cloud software and services that enables you to use IT infrastructure, virtual servers, and critical apps hosted on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Microsoft Azure includes more than 100 cloud-based services including hosting for Windows and Linux-based virtual machines, on-demand cloud storage, email and messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and backup/restore. Progent can assist your organization to deploy VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, configure cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity control with Azure Active Directory, and design data backup and restore systems with Azure Backup. Progent can also show you how to establish secure connections to Azure for teleworkers by configuring and debugging firewalls and VPN IPsec tunnels. To learn about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Azure, refer to Microsoft Azure consulting services.
Microsoft 365, formerly branded Office 365, is Microsoft's growing suite of client productivity applications and cloud services available by subscription. Office applications and cloud services are marketed in a variety of bundles intended for customers ranging from students and small offices to major enterprises. Progent offers quick and easy online contact with consultants knowledgeable about Microsoft 365-compatible clients running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent's experts can help you to evaluate the numerous subscription bundles available for Microsoft 365 and deploy 365 apps for your remote workers to achieve maximum business value. To learn about Progent's support services for Microsoft 365, refer to Microsoft 365 consulting support.
Exchange Online is one of the most popular applications in the Microsoft 365 product line. Exchange Online offers the benefits of lower costs for physical infrastructure, simplified management, on-demand scaling, high reliability, and other benefits associated with cloud computing. Microsoft has engineered Exchange Online to run smoothly with local deployments of Exchange, allowing customers to build hybrid cloud/onsite information systems. Progent's Exchange consultants can provide as-needed help to guide you through tough technical roadblocks and can also provide end-to-end project management outsourcing to ensure your teleworkers have convenient and safe access to your Exchange Online environment. To find out Progent's consulting services for Microsoft 365 Exchange Online, refer to Exchange Online configuration and troubleshooting consulting.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a trailblazer in the public cloud computing arena and is the world's top provider of cloud-based services. Progent offers rapid and affordable online contact with cloud integration experts who can help your business to design, implement, manage, and troubleshoot hybrid information networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with local resources and with other public clouds like Azure. Progent also offers access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to assist your company to create a high-availability network model to make sure your users have a productive computing experience regardless of whether they are working from your headquarters, a remote branch, from home, or on the road. For information about Progent's expertise for Amazon AWS, refer to Amazon AWS consulting services.
Google Cloud is a popular collection of public cloud services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can assist your organization to extend your current IT resources with the Google Cloud, and Progent's database consultants can show you how to make your key applications cloud friendly so your telecommuters can benefit fully from Google Cloud services. Progent's consultants can assist you to set up VMs on GCP Compute Engine, design a cost-effective storage solution with Google Cloud Storage, and streamline identity control for teleworkers with Google Cloud Identity. Progent's consultants can also assist your organization to utilize GCP's unified management tools to control and track your Google Cloud environment. For details, see Google Cloud Platform consulting expertise.
Help Desk Services for At-Home Workers
A rapid, company-wide switchover to a teleworker business model, which might be driven by a pandemic or as an element of a disaster recovery/business continuity process, can overwhelm even the most efficient internal Support Desk. Progent's Help Desk services make it possible for organizations of any size to outsource or expand their Call Desk with Progent's online Technical Response Center (TRC) team.
- Progent's Standard Support Desk services utilize Progent's extensive network of online IT support experts combined with enterprise-class trouble ticketing and tracking software to offer an affordable, advanced Help Desk Call Center. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide a comprehensive solution that addresses all facets of online Level 1 PC technical support from help requests to trouble ticket creation, desktop sharing, problem resolution, and reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal allows from-home workers to check or edit their current trouble tickets, enter details, and append screenshots and relevant files. Support services are delivered at a substantial price reduction off Progent's ordinary Level 1 technical support rates, and Progent offers optional fast hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 IT specialists to deal with complex issues. To learn more, go to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small and mid-size companies.
- Progent's Call Center Supplemental Service enables your business to expand your existing Help Desk organization by sharing delivery of Call Desk support seamlessly between your in-house support staff and Progent's nationwide pool of PC support engineers and subject matter experts. Progent's co-managed Support Desk service uses a collaborative support solution based on the leading professional services automation platform for managing service requests and ticketing, assigning responsibility, tracking progress, and producing reports. For details about how Progent's Support Desk Supplementation Services can help your business to provide world-class IT support to your from-home workers, refer to Progent's Call Desk supplementation Services.
Security for Telecommuters
At-home staff members typically use their personal computers and usually work in a poorly secured physical environment. This multiplies their vulnerability to cyber threats and calls for careful configuration of corporate firewalls, anti-malware tools, multi-factor authentication, remote monitoring, thorough user education, and the development of security policies built on leading practices. Progent's veteran group of data security solutions experts can help your business to plan, configure and maintain a compliant security solution that protects critical information assets in environments that include at-home workers.
Firewalls enable you to build a network environment that can be securely utilized by on-premises users as well as by an at-home workforce, mobile employees, suppliers, customers, and other stakeholders. Next-generation firewall devices allow you to configure and manage different permissions to different groups of users and to expand your IT network and modify your security profile as your company evolves and as network attacks become increasingly sophisticated. Progent works with both current and legacy security devices from all major vendors like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. To learn more about Progent's firewall support expertise, go to firewall support services.
Online Endpoint Monitoring makes it possible to watch over the various devices utilized by teleworkers and either block or spot and mitigate the latest cyber attacks such as ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a lightweight agent is installed on each secured endpoint device, monitoring all activity and using advanced machine learning from SentinelOne to identify zero-day attacks before they can spread. When an attack is discovered, ProSight ASM instantly isolates the infected device from the corporate network to quarantine the malware. Since the ProSight Active Security Monitoring software agent is autonomous, endpoint devices remain secure even when they are offline. Progent is a SentinelOne Partner, dealer, and integrator. For more information about ProSight ASM, go to remote endpoint security monitoring for telecommuters.
Progent's Duo authentication managed services incorporate Cisco's Duo technology to protect against compromised passwords by using two-factor authentication. Duo enables single-tap identity verification on Apple iOS, Google Android, and other personal devices. With Duo 2FA, whenever you sign into a protected online account and give your password you are asked to verify who you are via a device that only you possess and that is accessed using a different network channel. A wide range of devices can be utilized as this second form of ID validation including an iPhone or Android or watch, a hardware/software token, a landline telephone, etc. You can register several validation devices. To find out more about Duo identity authentication services, go to Cisco Duo MFA two-factor authentication (2FA) services for an at-home workforce.
Security Audits can evaluate the vulnerability of your information system to all types of outside and local security attacks for an environment that includes telecommuters. Progent can deploy remote, automated security analysis software for quickly and economically detecting a broad range of security holes that can be surfaced over the Internet. Progent's security assessment experts, which can be managed by data security experts with top credentials including CISM, CISSP, and GIAC, can help your business to audit your workflows and policies and review your network infrastructure to enable you to implement top-level security for your telecommuters.
Download White Paper: Protecting a Work-From-Home (WFH) Network
To view or download a white paper about key things to concentrate on for protecting a network that includes telecommuters, click:
Securing a Work-From-Home (WFH) Network White Paper. (PDF - 2.4 MB)
Data Protection for Teleworkers
The field of Data Protection covers backing up and recovering vital information in order to avoid data loss and minimize recovery time in the event of storage problems due to hardware breakdowns, software glitches, user mistakes, malware, or any other reason. Reliable data protection strategies can be particularly challenging to design and maintain in hybrid environments that combine private data centers, public clouds, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Recovery strategies for at-home workers must address diverse types of user-owned endpoints. Progent can provide quick remote help from consultants familiar with a broad array of products for protection Microsoft Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktops as well as laptops, iPads and smartphones. Leading backup/restore solutions maintained by Progent's data protection experts include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, CrashPlan, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To back up data spread across a hybrid network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a managed backup/recovery service that uses cloud-based storage and includes granular recovery and centralized management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) plans commonly anticipate circumstances that call for a temporary changeover to an at-home workforce. Progent's senior disaster recovery preparedness experts and business continuity specialists can help your business to develop, document and validate a DR/BC strategy that addresses the logistics of moving to telecommuting.
Unified Management for an At-Home Workforce
Microsoft has rebranded and rebundled its endpoint management products under the name Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud management of mobile and remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing local computers. Endpoint Manager offers a unified solution for protecting corporate information by controlling on-premises, mobile, and at-home endpoint devices.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also features Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and securing remote computers and applications. Managed endpoint computers can be user owned or company owned. Network admins managing the endpoint devices of at-home workers can utilize Intune to deploy and authenticate applications on devices, push patches and certificates, set up policies for permission to access information and networks, set passwords, create VPN connections, control how telecommuters share data, establish threat defense, verify security compliance, and delete sensitive information from lost, stolen or deactivated endpoint devices. Intune runs with Apple iOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X endpoints. To find out about Microsoft Intune and how Progent can assist your company to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to manage the endpoint devices of your at-home workers, refer to Intune teleworker device management consultants.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced unified Mobile Device Management (MDM) platform that allows network managers to keep offsite endpoint devices up to date and protected. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch for centralized endpoint management along with VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery technology for identity control, app management, and setup management of endpoint devices. Workspace ONE runs with devices powered by Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or leading distros of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-premises product through a perpetual license. Key capabilities of VMware Workspace ONE include fast remote deployment of out-of-the-box notebooks, immediate onboarding of new users, policy setting and enforcement for all classes of endpoints, unifies reporting and performance analytics, an email encryption gateway, and tight integration with Microsoft apps and cloud-based services. To find out about Progent's expertise for VMware Workspace ONE, visit VMware Workspace ONE remote endpoint management consultants.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Support Services
To contact Progent about building and maintaining a productive work-from-home environment for your Bakersfield, California organization, call 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.