Expanding your remote workforce can have a major effect on IT infrastructure, cybersecurity, and company culture. Progent has two decades of background helping businesses of all sizes to design, configure, manage, optimize, and troubleshoot IT environments that incorporate a remote workforce. Progent can assist your Bakersfield company to select the right technologies and adhere to best practices in creating and operating a safe virtual office ecosystem for telecommuters that facilitates teamwork and delivers top business value. Progent offers support services ranging from on demand expertise for helping you over challenging technical roadblocks to comprehensive project management to help you carry out mission-critical tasks.
Progent's consultants can assist Bakersfield, California organizations to succeed with any aspect of creating a high-functioning work-from-home ecosystem by providing infrastructure configuration services, VoIP PBX expertise, video conferencing integration, collaboration platform customization and training, public cloud connectivity, Help Desk outsourcing, data security, backup/restore solutions, and streamlined management.
Infrastructure for an At-Home Workforce
Setting up the physical and software infrastructure needed to support a remote workforce can be especially complex if you have to manage a combination of personal hardware such as desktop computers and laptops, routers, and wireless appliances from different vendors and with a mix of OS software and firmware releases. Progent's background providing online help for both outdated as well as current technologies in remote office solutions allows you to make efficient use of your available network infrastructure and provides you with fast access to top-tire consultants for implement essential updates. Services offered by Progent to help you to create a productive telecommuting infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network connectivity makes it possible to create a safe connection for authenticated at-home workers to use IT assets located at your corporate datacenter or in the cloud. Progent's consultants can help your company to configure and manage VPN access between your at-home workforce and your various IT resources by providing remote VPN configuration consulting. For businesses using Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco ASA Firewall experts can help your at-home workers to utilize Cisco's popular AnyConnect software to provide secure VPN connections for a wide range of devices including Microsoft Windows, macOS, Apple iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure products allow an at-home worker to view and use a data center PC's desktop. This gives IT managers substantial control over the digital ecosystem of telecommuters and offers them a consistent and more productive experience. Progent's VDI services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops expertise.
- Routers attach at-home networks to the Internet and typically support VPN connections, home wireless connectivity, and firewalls. Progent offers expert online support for configuring routers from a range of manufacturers. See router configuration services from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wireless networks, typically supporting the whole family and visitors, are commonly used by telecommuters to access their Internet router for work. This can cause performance as well as cybersecurity issues. Progent can assist businesses to mitigate these problems by providing expertise like Cisco Aironet configuration expertise, Cisco Meraki WiFi deployment expertise, and Ubiquiti wireless access point integration assistance.
- Internet access methods affect the speed and reliability of connections between telecommuters and the company data center. Vital applications might demand redundant Internet access in case the normal connection breaks. Progent offers guidance for picking Internet service providers, picking sensible service bundles, and integrating fault-tolerant Internet connections. See Internet connectivity integration services.
IP Voice Solutions for an At-Home Workforce
Expanding the company PBX environment to accommodate telecommuters is critical to maintaining a productive work-at-home solution. A broad range of cloud-centric digital PBX products are used by small and mid-size businesses to server teleworkers. Many larger organizations depend on Cisco's modern or older products for VoIP solutions. Progent can assist businesses of all sizes to plan or maintain a remote IP voice environment that provides the versatility, transparency and protection needed for teleworkers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice consultants can provide high-level support to assist businesses tune their current Cisco IP voice environments to handle an expanding remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) delivers enterprise IP telephony features to devices such as VoIP phones, media processing products, VoIP gateways, and mixed media applications used across the network. CUCM manages other combined media services like messaging, video conferencing, and team interaction networks. For more information about Progent's Unified Communications Manager expertise, see Cisco Unified Communications Manager expertise.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing software and has been superseded by Cisco Unified CM. Progent's consultants can assist you to maintain your existing CallManager deployment or upgrade efficiently to Cisco's modern IP telephony products. To find out about Progent's support services for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other older IP voice platforms, see CallManager consulting services.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide integration with PSTN networks and with users operating beyond the corporate firewall
such as telecommuters. Progent can provide expert support for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways including the UC520, UC540 and UC560 series and for modern Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway configuration consulting.
- Additional VoIP Products supported by Progent include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can help you to expand your WAN infrastructure to support these solutions and deliver as-needed integration and troubleshooting expertise.
Voice/Video Conferencing for Teleworkers
A wide selection of voice/video conferencing platforms from leading technology companies enable virtual discussions, video and voice conferencing, chat sessions, and content sharing for both onsite users and teleworkers. Many companies use multiple conferencing products to meet the needs of their various partners and customers. Progent can help your organization to manage your existing conferencing environment and enhance the productivity of your at-home employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular communications product that supports real-time presence, instant messaging, voice and video conferencing as well as the transparent integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications including PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent offers the expertise of Microsoft-certified specialists who can help your company to deploy and manage Skype for Business clients to support your remote workforce. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Skype for Business, refer to Skype for Business integration services.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video phone platform for iOS and Mac devices. FaceTime runs on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Later versions of FaceTime allow as many as 32 simultaneous users for voice/video calls. For details about Progent's consulting services for Apple FaceTime, see Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides remote conferencing for most desktop or mobile devices. Offered via Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex services include sharing discrete content or computer screens, presentations that embed rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint, session capture, plus revision and playback for training. For details about Progent's consulting services for Cisco Webex and for additional video conferencing products from Cisco, refer to Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a portal for conversations, contacts, and information with capabilities such as IP voice and video conferencing, persistent chat, plus data sharing. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Teams as well as for other Office 365 apps, refer to Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Voice/Video Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide integration and troubleshooting services for these conferencing platforms and
help you to tune your network architecture to host them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Software for Remote Workers
Microsoft's collaboration products are closely integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office families, offering a rich environment of applications that create a cohesive user interface for exchanging data and ideas across a corporate network and on a wide selection of endpoint devices. Progent has delivered online consulting services for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange Server since their first releases and can help businesses to tune these critical collaboration platforms to maximize the effectiveness of your remote workforce.
SharePoint uses web entities to facilitate collaboration and information delivery by providing policy-driven delivery of data, workflow, and tools for searching through enterprise-wide business data. SharePoint enables you to build protected portals that allows remote workers to view and edit consolidated corporate intelligence via Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social web sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). To learn about Progent's SharePoint expertise, refer to SharePoint configuration and development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For information about Progent's Exchange consulting services, go to planning and configuration consulting for Microsoft Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoftís shared cloud-based file hosting and synchronization service, similar to GoogleDrive. Remote users can save files to OneDrive, and co-workers anywhere can share them safely via a web browser. Included with Office 365, OneDrive allows remote employees to co-edit documents. Edits made offline are uploaded when you go back online. To find out about Progent's expertise for OneDrive, see Onedrive configuration experts.
Public Cloud Integration Services for Remote Workers
Progent can provide fast and affordable remote support for helping organizations to create, maintain and troubleshoot cohesive network models that combine physical data centers, telecommuters, branch offices, and public cloud services. Progent offers top-tier consultant for all types of public cloud service such as Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help teleworkers resolve problems with public cloud connectivity, authentication, and security.
Azure is a popular family of cloud services that allows you to use IT infrastructure, servers, and critical apps hosted on Microsoft's massive cloud. Azure features over one hundred services services such as hosting for Windows and Linux-powered VMs, on-demand cloud storage, messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and backup/restore. Progent can help your organization to set up VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity management with Azure AD, and design backup and restore systems with Azure Backup. Progent can also show you how to create protected access to Azure services for telecommuters by setting up and debugging firewalls and VPN tunnels. To find out about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Azure, go to Azure consulting services.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing family of client productivity software and cloud-based services available by subscription. Microsoft apps and services are provided in a selection of bundles intended for customers ranging from individuals and small offices to major corporations. Progent can provide fast and easy remote contact with consultants familiar with Microsoft 365-compatible client devices running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent can assist you to assess the various subscription bundles offered with Microsoft 365 and deploy 365 apps for your telecommuters in a way that delivers maximum business value. For details about Progent's support services for Microsoft Office 365, refer to Office 365 integration support.
Exchange Online is one of the most widely used applications in Azure-hosted Microsoft 365 product product suite. Office 365 Exchange Online offers the advantages of lower spending for physical infrastructure, simplified management, dynamic scaling, high reliability, and additional benefits inherent with public clouds. Microsoft has designed Exchange Online to run smoothly with local deployments of Exchange, enabling you to build hybrid networks. Progent's Exchange experts can provide occasional assistance to get you past tough technical bottlenecks and also offer comprehensive project management services to ensure your telecommuters have easy and secure access to your Exchange Online deployment. To learn Progent's consulting services for Microsoft 365 Exchange Online, visit Microsoft 365 Exchange Online configuration and support consulting.
Amazon AWS is a pioneer in the public cloud computing market and is the industry's leading source of cloud services. Progent offers fast and economical online contact with cloud connectivity experts who can help your business to design, deploy, maintain, and troubleshoot hybrid IT networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with on-premises resources and with other public clouds such as Azure. Progent also can provide access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to assist your company to create a high-uptime network architecture to make sure your users have a consistent computing experience whether they are working from your headquarters, a branch office, from home, or on the move. For details about Progent's expertise for Amazon AWS, visit Amazon AWS consulting services.
Google Cloud Platform (GCP) is a leading suite of cloud services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can assist your business to scale your current IT resources with the Google Cloud, and Progent's database experts can show you how to make your critical applications cloud ready so your telecommuters can take full advantage of Google Cloud services. Progent's consultants can help your organization to set up virtual machines on Google Cloud Compute Engine, design an efficient storage system with GCP Storage, and streamline access control for telecommuters with GCP Cloud Identity services. Progent's experts can also assist your organization to utilize GCP's unified management tools to administer and monitor your GCP environment. For details, see Google Cloud Platform (GCP) consulting support.
Help Desk Call Center Support for Telecommuters
A fast, company-wide switchover to a teleworker business model, which could be the result of an epidemic or as part of a disaster recovery preparedness plan, can overstretch even the most efficient internal Help Desk. Progent's Help Desk Call Center services allow businesses of any size to outsource or augment their Support Desk by using Progent's online Technical Response Center (TRC) services.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk services leverage Progent's extensive network of remote IT support specialists along with enterprise-class trouble ticketing and tracking technology to provide an affordable, state-of-the-art Help Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer an end-to-end solution that handles all facets of online Level 1 PC technical support from initial service requests through ticket creation, screen sharing, issue resolution, and reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal allows teleworkers to monitor or update the status of their current tickets, enter details, and upload screen captures and relevant files. Technical support services are delivered at a significant price reduction off Progent's ordinary Level 1 desktop support charges, and Progent offers optional rapid escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 IT experts to deal with complex problems. To find out more, go to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small and mid-size companies.
- Progent's Call Desk Supplemental Service enables your business to supplement your existing Call Center staff by sharing responsibilities for Call Center services seamlessly between your in-house support personnel and Progent's nationwide roster of PC support technicians and subject matter specialists. Progent's co-managed Call Center service is based on a collective support solution based on the number one PSA tool for managing help requests and trouble tickets, assigning ownership, monitoring progress, and producing management reports. To learn how Progent's Call Center Supplementation Services can enable your company to provide world-class technical support to your at-home employees, visit Progent's Call Center supplementation Services.
Cybersecurity for Telecommuters
Remote workers often run their personal equipment and work in a physically unsecured area. This worsens their exposure to cyber attacks and requires careful deployment of firewalls, remote security monitoring, and the creation of security policies based on best practices. Progent's seasoned roster of certified data security experts can assist you to plan, deploy and administer a compliant security environment that guards critical information in IT networks that include teleworkers.
- Firewalls enable companies to create a network environment that can be safely utilized by local users and by teleworkers, mobile workers, vendors, customers, and the public. Next-generation firewall appliances permit you to configure and manage appropriate access rights to various classes of users and to scale your IT network and adjust your security as your business evolves and as cyber threats grow increasingly sophisticated. Progent supports both current and legacy security appliances from all leading vendors including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. To learn more about Progent's firewall configuration services, see firewall support expertise.
- Online Endpoint Monitoring makes it possible to watch over the disparate computers used by an at-home workforce and either block or spot and respond to the latest cyber attacks such as ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a small-footprint agent is installed on each secured endpoint, watching all activity and utilizing state-of-the-art machine learning to detect zero-day attacks at inception. When an attack is discovered, ProSight Active Security Monitoring instantly isolates the infected endpoint from the corporate network to contain the threat. Because the ProSight Active Security Monitoring software agent is autonomous, endpoint devices stay secure even if they are offline. For more information about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, see remote endpoint security monitoring for teleworkers.
- Security Audits can evaluate the exposure of your information system to all classes of outside and internal security threats for a network that incorporates an at-home workforce. Progent can run remote, automated cybersecurity inventory software for quickly and economically detecting a broad range of security holes that can be found over the Internet. Progent's endpoint security assessment consulting services, which can be managed by security experts with top credentials such as CISA, ISSAP, and GIAC, can assist your company to audit your processes and governance policies and assess your network architecture to enable you to implement the highest level of security for your remote workers.
Data Protection Solutions for Remote Workers
Data Protection involves saving and recovering critical information so as to prevent data loss and reduce restoration time in case of storage problems resulting from hardware issues, programming hiccups, user mistakes, cyber attack, or any other reason. Reliable data protection solutions can be particularly difficult to design and maintain in hybrid environments that combine private data centers, cloud resources, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Restore strategies for telecommuters must address diverse kinds of user-owned endpoints. Progent can provide quick remote help from consultants familiar with a wide range of products for backing up Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX servers and desktops as well as laptops, tablets and handhelds. Popular backup/restore solutions maintained by Progent's data protection consultants include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Mozy, and Time Machine. To protect resources spread across a hybrid network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services, a managed backup/recovery subscription service that uses cloud storage and features fine-grained recovery and unified management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity strategies often anticipate circumstances that require a temporary switch to an at-home workforce. Progent's expert disaster recovery planning experts and business continuity specialists can assist your company to develop, document and test a DR/BC strategy that addresses the logistics of moving to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for an At-Home Workforce
Microsoft has renamed and reshuffled its endpoint management products under the title Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud-based management of remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing local computers. Endpoint Manager provides a unified solution for safeguarding corporate information by controlling local, mobile, and home-based endpoint devices.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also includes Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and protecting mobile devices and software. Managed endpoint devices can be personally owned or company owned. Network administrators managing the endpoint computers of at-home workers can use Intune to deploy and validate applications on devices, push patches and certificates, set up rules for accessing information and resources, manage passwords, establish VPN tunnels, determine how telecommuters share information, set up threat defense, ensure security compliance, and wipe corporate data from missing, stolen or deactivated endpoint devices. Intune can be used with Apple iOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X endpoints. To learn about Intune and how Progent can help your company to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to administer the endpoint devices of your teleworkers, go to Intune remote device management consultants.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced unified MDM platform that allows network administrators to keep offsite endpoint devices up to date and secure. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch for centralized endpoint administration plus VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery platform for authorization control, app management, and setup management of endpoint computers. Workspace ONE operates with devices powered by Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-site deployment via a perpetual license. Top features of VMware Workspace ONE include fast over-the-air deployment of out-of-the-box notebooks, quick onboarding of new users, policy setting and enforcement for all categories of endpoints, unifies management reporting and analytics, an email encryption gateway, and seamless integration with Microsoft applications and cloud services. For details about Progent's support services for VMware Workspace ONE, visit VMware Workspace ONE mobile endpoint management expertise.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Expertise
To contact Progent about creating and maintaining an efficient telecommuter environment for your Bakersfield, California business, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.