Enlarging your telecommuter workforce can have a significant impact on network infrastructure, security, and company workflows. Progent has two decades of experience assisting businesses of all sizes to plan, deploy, administer, optimize, and troubleshoot IT environments that support at-home workers. Progent can assist your Bakersfield organization to pick the right tools and adhere to best practices in building and maintaining a secure virtual office solution for telecommuters that promotes teamwork and returns maximum value. Progent offers services ranging from as-needed guidance for helping you over challenging IT bottlenecks to full project management to help you successfully complete business-critical tasks.
Progent's consultants can assist Bakersfield, California companies to succeed with any facet of building a high-functioning telecommuting ecosystem by delivering network infrastructure configuration services, IP voice expertise, voice/video conferencing support, collaboration platform customization and training, cloud connectivity, helpdesk outsourcing, data security, data protection solutions, and centralized management.
Infrastructure for Telecommuters
Integrating the physical and software infrastructure needed for a remote work environment can be particularly complex if you must manage a mix of personal equipment such as desktop computers and laptops, routers, and wireless appliances from different manufacturers and with a variety of operating systems and firmware releases. Progent's background providing online help for both outdated and modern technologies in remote office solutions enables you to make efficient use of your available infrastructure and offers fast access to top-tire consultants for making necessary updates. Support services offered by Progent to assist you to create a high-functioning telecommuting ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) connectivity makes it possible to create a safe connection for authorized at-home employees to access IT assets situated at your company datacenter or in the cloud. Progent can help you to deploy and maintain VPN connections between your teleworkers and your key network resources by providing remote VPN configuration support. For businesses using Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco ASA Firewall consultants can help your telecommuters to set up Cisco's popular AnyConnect software to provide secure VPN tunneling for a broad selection of endpoint devices such as Windows, Mac, Apple iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure products enable a teleworker to see and interact with a remote computer's desktop. This gives network managers more control over the digital ecosystem of at-home employees and offers remote users a consistent and more productive work experience. Progent's virtual desktop consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI consulting.
- Routers connect home networks to the Internet and support VPN connections, home wireless networks, and firewalls. Progent offers top-tier online support for setting up home routers from a range of vendors. See router integration support from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wireless networks, often supporting families and guests, are frequently utilized by at-home employees to connect to their Internet router for work. This can cause throughput and cybersecurity problems. Progent can help you to resolve these problems by providing expertise like Cisco Aironet integration expertise, Cisco-certified Meraki WiFi installation expertise, and Ubiquiti WiFi AP setup assistance.
- Internet access methods affect the performance and reliability of connections between at-home workers and the company network. Vital applications may demand redundant Internet access in the event the normal connection fails. Progent offers guidance for identifying Internet service providers, selecting sensible bandwidth and data volume offerings, and setting up redundant Internet access. Refer to Internet connectivity solutions.
VoIP Integration for Teleworkers
Extending the business phone environment to include remote users is vital to maintaining an effective work-at-home solution. A broad range of cloud-based VoIP products are used by small and mid-size businesses to support teleworkers. Many larger organizations rely on Cisco's modern or older products for VoIP solutions. Progent can help organizations of any size to design or tune a telecommuter IP voice environment that delivers the flexibility, convenience and protection needed for telecommuters. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice consultants offer high-level support to assist organizations optimize their current Cisco IP voice systems to handle a growing at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM) delivers high-end telephony capabilities to devices such as IP phones, media processing products, Voice over IP gateways, and multimedia apps deployed across the network. CUCM manages other combined media services such as messaging, voice/video conferencing, and team interaction networks. For more information about Progent's CUCM support, see CUCM consultants.
- CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing agent and has been superseded by Cisco Unified CM. Progent's consultants can help you to maintain your existing CallManager environment or migrate efficiently to Cisco's modern IP telephony products. To find out about Progent's support services for CallManager and Cisco's other early VoIP platforms, visit CallManager consulting.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide integration with PSTN networks and with clients working outside the corporate perimeter
such as at-home workers. Progent offers consulting expertise for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways including the UC520, UC540 and UC560 products as well as for modern Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway configuration expertise.
- Additional VoIP Products supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can help you to enhance your wide area network infrastructure to work with these VoIP solutions and provide on-demand deployment and debugging expertise.
Voice/Video Conferencing for Remote Workers
A broad selection of voice/video conferencing platforms from leading vendors support online meetings, video conferencing, chat, and screen sharing for both onsite workers and at-home workers. Many companies utilize a mix of products to meet the needs of their different partners and customers. Progent's communications experts can assist your organization to manage your current voice/video conferencing ecosystem and optimize the engagement of your remote workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading unified communications product that supports real-time presence, instant messaging, audio and video conferencing as well as the transparent integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications such as PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent can provide the skills of Microsoft-certified specialists who can assist your company to configure and manage Skype for Business clients to support your remote workforce. To learn more about Progent's support services for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business integration experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video phone platform for iOS and macOS computers and smartphones. FaceTime works over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Current editions of FaceTime support as many as 32 concurrent users for voice/video calls. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Apple FaceTime, see Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports online conferencing for most desktop or mobile devices. Offered via Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex capabilities include sharing discrete content or screens, presentations that embed rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, session capture, plus revision and playback for training. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Cisco Webex and for other IP video solutions from Cisco, visit Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a portal for conversations, contacts, and information with features that include voice/video calling, persistent threaded chat, plus file sharing. For details about Progent's support expertise for Teams and for other Office 365 apps, refer to Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Voice/Video Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide integration and troubleshooting expertise for these products and
assist you to tune your WAN infrastructure to host them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Platforms for an At-Home Workforce
Microsoft's collaboration products are closely integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office and Microsoft 365 suites, providing a rich environment of applications that deliver a cohesive user interface for exchanging data and ideas across multiple sites and on a broad selection of endpoints. Progent has delivered online consulting support for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange since their first publication and can assist businesses to configure these critical collaboration platforms to optimize the effectiveness of your remote workers.
SharePoint utilizes web entities to enable collaboration and knowledge sharing by providing policy-based delivery of data, workflow, and tools for searching through enterprise-wide information silos. SharePoint allows you to build secure portals that allows remote workers to see and update aggregated business intelligence by means of Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social networking web sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). To learn about Progent's SharePoint expertise, refer to SharePoint configuration and application development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For information about Progent's Exchange expertise, visit deployment consulting services for Microsoft Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoftís collaborative cloud-based file hosting and synchronization service, similar to GoogleDrive. Remote workers can save files to the OneDrive service, and co-workers anywhere can access them securely through a web browser. Included with Office 365, OneDrive allows home workers to jointly author files. Revisions created offline are automatically uploaded when you go back online. For information about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft OneDrive, see Microsoft Onedrive integration experts.
Public Cloud Integration Services for Teleworkers
Progent can provide fast and affordable remote support for helping organizations to build, maintain and optimize cohesive hybrid network architectures that combine physical data centers, remote workers, branches, plus cloud services. Progent can provide top-tier consultant for all types of public cloud service delivery such as Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help at-home workers resolve issues with cloud connectivity, authentication, and cybersecurity.
Microsoft Azure is a popular platform for cloud services that enables you to utilize infrastructure, virtual servers, and key apps hosted on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Azure offers more than 100 cloud-based services including the ability to host Windows and Linux-based virtual machines, on-demand cloud storage, email and messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and backup/restore. Progent can help your organization to set up virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity control with Azure AD, and plan backup and restore systems with Azure Backup. Progent can also help you establish protected access to Azure for teleworkers by setting up and troubleshooting firewall appliances and VPN tunnels. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Azure, refer to Microsoft Azure consulting.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing suite of client productivity software and cloud-based services available on a subscription basis. Microsoft apps and cloud services are provided in a selection of bundles designed for customers ranging from individuals and small offices to large enterprises. Progent offers fast and easy remote contact with consultants knowledgeable about Microsoft 365-compatible endpoint devices running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent can assist you to assess the various subscription plans offered with Office 365 and deploy 365 applications for your teleworkers to achieve maximum business value. To find out about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Office 365, go to Office 365 consulting expertise.
Exchange Online is among the most popular applications in the Microsoft 365 product line. Microsoft 365 Exchange Online offers the advantages of reduced spending for physical infrastructure, easier management, on-demand scaling, high availability, and additional benefits inherent with cloud computing. Microsoft has designed Office 365 Exchange Online to run smoothly with on-premises Exchange environments, allowing customers to build hybrid cloud/onsite information systems. Progent's certified Exchange consultants are available for as-needed assistance to get you past challenging IT roadblocks and also offer end-to-end project management outsourcing to make sure your remote workers have easy and safe access to your Office 365 Exchange Online deployment. For details Progent's expertise for Office 365 Exchange Online, go to Microsoft 365 Exchange Online integration and support expertise.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a pioneer in the public cloud arena and is the world's top source of cloud-based services. Progent offers fast and affordable online access to cloud connectivity experts who can assist your business to design, implement, maintain, and debug hybrid IT networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud services with local data centers and with other public clouds like Azure. Progent also can provide the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to help your company to build a high-availability network model so your employees have a productive computing environment regardless of whether they are working from your main office, a remote branch, from home, or on the road. For information about Progent's support services for Amazon AWS, visit Amazon AWS consulting expertise.
Google Cloud is a popular suite of cloud services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can help you to scale your current IT resources with the Google Cloud, and Progent's DBA consultants can show you how to make your critical apps cloud friendly so your teleworkers can benefit fully from Google Cloud services. Progent can help you to set up virtual machines on Google Cloud Compute Engine, plan a cost-effective storage solution with GCP Storage services, and streamline identity management for at-home workers with GCP Cloud Identity services. Progent can also help your organization to utilize GCP's management tools to control and track your Google Cloud environment. To learn, see Google Cloud Platform (GCP) consulting support.
Help Desk Call Center Services for Remote Workers
A fast, organization-wide changeover to a from-home business model, which might be activated by a pandemic or as a component of a disaster recovery/business continuity preparedness plan, can overwhelm even a high-performing in-house Call Desk. Progent's Help Desk services allow organizations to outsource or expand their Call Desk with Progent's remote Technical Response Center (TRC) team.
- Progent's Standard Call Desk support services leverage Progent's nationwide team of remote technical support experts along with enterprise-class ticketing and tracking software to offer an economical, advanced Help Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide an end-to-end solution that addresses all facets of remote Level 1 desktop support from initial help requests through trouble ticket creation, screen sharing, issue resolution, and reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal allows telecommuters to check or revise the status of their active trouble tickets, add details, and upload screen captures and attachments. Desktop support services are delivered at a substantial discount off Progent's normal Level 1 desktop support charges, and Progent makes available optional fast hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 IT experts to deal with advanced issues. To find out more, see Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small and mid-size businesses.
- Progent's Support Desk Supplemental Service enables you to supplement your existing Help Desk Call Center team by sharing responsibilities for Help Desk support services transparently between your regular support staff and Progent's nationwide pool of PC support technicians and subject matter experts. Progent's shared Call Desk service uses a collaborative support solution based on the leading PSA platform for handling service requests and trouble tickets, assigning ownership, monitoring progress, and generating reports. For details about how Progent's Help Desk Augmentation Services can enable your company to deliver best-in-class IT support to your at-home workforce, see Progent's Call Desk supplementation Services.
Security and Compliance for Teleworkers
Teleworkers commonly run their personal equipment and work in a physically unsecured space. This increases their vulnerability to cyber threats and demands careful use of firewalls, remote monitoring, and the enforcement of policies that follow best practices. Progent's seasoned roster of certified data security professionals can assist you to design, deploy and manage a modern cybersecurity solution that safeguards vital data in networks that include remote workers.
- Firewalls allow you to create a network environment that can be securely utilized by on-premises users and by an at-home workforce, mobile employees, vendors, clients, and other stakeholders. Modern firewall devices permit you to assign and manage different permissions to different classes of users and to scale your network and modify your cybersecurity posture as your business evolves and as network attacks become increasingly complex. Progent supports both current and legacy firewall appliances from all leading vendors like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, and Fortinet. For more information about Progent's firewall support services, go to firewall configuration and support services.
- Remote Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it easy to track the various computers utilized by an at-home workforce and either reject or identify and respond to modern threats such as ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a lightweight software agent is installed on every secured endpoint device, watching all activity and using state-of-the-art behavioral threat analysis to identify zero-day threats at inception. When a cyberattack is spotted, ProSight ASM instantly disconnects the impacted endpoint from the network to quarantine the threat. Since the ProSight ASM agent is autonomous, endpoints stay protected even when they are disconnected from the Internet. For more information about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, go to remote endpoint monitoring for telecommuters.
- Security Audits can assess the exposure of your information system to all classes of external and internal security attacks for an environment that incorporates at-home workers. Progent can deploy online, automated cybersecurity inventory software for rapidly and economically detecting a wide variety of security holes that can be found over the Internet. Progent's endpoint security audit experts, which can be managed by data security professionals with top credentials such as CISA, CISSP, and GIAC, can assist your company to evaluate your procedures and governance policies and review your IT architecture to enable you to design top-level security for your an at-home workforce.
Data Protection for Teleworkers
The field of Data Protection covers saving and restoring vital data so as to avoid data loss and minimize restoration time and effort in case of storage failures resulting from hardware issues, software glitches, operator mistakes, malware, or other causes. Dependable data protection strategies can be especially challenging to design and manage in hybrid environments that incorporate private data centers, public clouds, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Recovery solutions for remote workers must cover diverse types of user-owned endpoint devices. Progent offers fast online help from consultants knowledgeable about a wide range of products for protection Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX servers and desktops as well as notebooks, tablets and handhelds. Popular backup/recovery solutions maintained by Progent's data protection consultants include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Mozy, and Time Machine. To back up data distributed throughout a wide area network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a managed backup/recovery subscription service that uses cloud-based storage and features granular recovery and unified management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity strategies typically anticipate scenarios that require a quick changeover to telecommuting. Progent's senior disaster recovery preparedness experts and business continuity specialists can assist your company to create, document and test a DR/BC strategy that addresses the logistics of moving to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for Teleworkers
Microsoft has rebranded and reshuffled its endpoint management products under the name Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud-based management of remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing onsite computers. Endpoint Manager offers a centralized environment for safeguarding critical information by managing onsite, mobile, and at-home endpoints.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also includes Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and securing remote computers and software. Remote endpoint devices can be personally owned or business owned. IT admins managing the enrolled endpoint devices of telecommuters can utilize Intune to deploy and authenticate applications on devices, push updates and certificates, configure rules for accessing information and resources, set passwords, establish VPN tunnels, determine how teleworkers share information, establish threat defense, verify security compliance, and erase sensitive data from missing, stolen or deactivated devices. Microsoft Intune runs with iOS, Android, Windows, and macOS devices. For details about Microsoft Intune and to find out how Progent can help you to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to manage the endpoint computers of your teleworkers, refer to Intune telecommuter endpoint management expertise.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced unified Mobile Device Management (MDM) platform that helps network managers to keep remote endpoint devices current and secure. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch for centralized endpoint administration plus VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery technology for identity control, app management, and setup management of endpoint devices. Workspace ONE runs with devices based on Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-premises product through a one-time purchase. Key features of VMware Workspace ONE include fast remote provisioning of new notebooks, immediate onboarding of new employees, policy setting and enforcement for all classes of devices, unifies reporting and analytics, email encryption, and integration with Microsoft applications and cloud products. To find out about Progent's support for VMware Workspace ONE, visit VMware Workspace ONE remote endpoint management expertise.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Expertise
To get in touch with Progent about creating and managing an efficient telecommuter environment for your Bakersfield, California company, call 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.