Expanding your remote workforce can have a major impact on network architecture, security, and company workflows. Progent has two decades of experience assisting small and mid-size businesses to plan, configure, manage, tune, and debug IT environments that incorporate at-home workers. Progent can help your Baltimore company to select the right tools and adhere to leading practices in creating and operating a secure virtual ecosystem for telecommuters that promotes teamwork and returns maximum business value. Progent can provide services that go from on demand guidance for helping you past challenging IT roadblocks to comprehensive project management to help you carry out mission-critical tasks.
Progent can help Baltimore, Maryland businesses to succeed with any facet of creating a high-performing work-from-home ecosystem by providing infrastructure design and configuration services, VoIP PBX troubleshooting, video conferencing integration, collaboration platform customization and training, cloud integration, helpdesk services, security and compliance, backup/restore solutions, and centralized management.
Network Infrastructure for Telecommuters
Integrating the network infrastructure required for a remote workforce can be especially complex if you must manage a combination of worker-owned hardware such as desktop computers and laptops, routers, and wireless APs from an assortment of manufacturers and with a mix of operating systems and firmware levels. Progent's experience delivering remote support for both outdated and modern IT products in remote office venues enables you to make efficient use of your existing infrastructure and provides you with fast access to expertise for implement essential upgrades. Support services available from Progent to help your company to implement a high-functioning work-at-home ecosystem include:
- VPN connectivity makes it possible to establish a safe tunnel for authorized remote workers to use IT resources situated at your company data center or in a public cloud. Progent can assist your company to deploy and maintain VPN connections between your teleworkers and your various network resources by providing remote VPN configuration consulting. For organizations using Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA Firewall consultants can help your at-home workers to utilize Cisco's AnyConnect client software to provide secure VPN connections for a wide selection of endpoint devices including Microsoft Windows, macOS, iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) products enable a teleworker to see and use a data center PC's desktop. This provides network managers substantial control over the digital environment of at-home employees and ensures remote users a consistent and more productive experience. Progent's VDI services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI solutions.
- Routers connect home computer networks to the Internet and typically support VPN connections, home Wi-Fi networks, and firewalls. Progent offers expert remote consulting for setting up home routers from all major vendors. See router integration support from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, typically shared by an entire household and visitors, are commonly utilized by at-home employees to access their Internet router for work. This can cause throughput as well as security problems. Progent can help you to mitigate these issues by delivering services like Aironet integration expertise, Cisco-certified Meraki wireless installation expertise, and Ubiquiti wireless AP setup help.
- Internet connectivity solutions impact the speed and reliability of connections between telecommuters and the company network. Line-of-business processes may demand backup Internet access in case the normal connection fails. Progent offers expertise for selecting service providers, picking appropriate bandwidth and data volume packages, and configuring redundant Internet connections. See Internet access integration services.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Expertise
To get in touch with Progent about creating and maintaining a productive telecommuter environment for your Baltimore, Maryland company, phone 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.