Expanding your remote workforce can have a significant effect on IT architecture, cybersecurity, and company processes. Progent has 20 years of experience assisting businesses of all sizes to design, deploy, administer, tune, and troubleshoot IT environments that incorporate work-from-home employees. Progent can assist your Baltimore company to pick the appropriate tools and follow best practices in building and maintaining a secure virtual office solution for telecommuters that promotes collaboration and returns maximum value. Progent offers services ranging from as-needed guidance for helping you past challenging technical roadblocks to comprehensive project management or co-management to help you carry out business-critical tasks.
Progent's consultants can help Baltimore, Maryland organizations to with any facet of building a high-performing telecommuting ecosystem by delivering infrastructure configuration services, IP voice troubleshooting, video conferencing support, collaboration platform customization and training, public cloud connectivity, helpdesk outsourcing, cybersecurity, data protection solutions, and streamlined management.
Network Infrastructure for a Remote Workforce
Configuring the network infrastructure required for a remote work environment can be particularly complex if you have to manage a combination of personal equipment like desktop computers and laptops, Internet routers, and Wi-Fi appliances from various vendors and with a mix of OS software and firmware levels. Progent's experience delivering online help for both outdated as well as current technologies in virtual office venues allows you to make cost-effective use of your available infrastructure and provides you with fast access to expertise for implement essential updates. Services offered by Progent to assist your company to create a high-functioning telecommuting infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) technology allows you to create a safe tunnel for authorized at-home workers to access IT assets located at your corporate datacenter or in a public cloud. Progent can assist you to configure and manage VPN connections between your teleworkers and your various network resources by providing online VPN integration consulting. For businesses with Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco ASA Firewall consultants can assist your remote workers to utilize Cisco's AnyConnect software for secure VPN connections for a wide range of devices including Windows, Mac, iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure platforms allow a teleworker to see and use a data center computer's desktop. This technology provides network managers more control over the digital ecosystem of telecommuters and ensures remote users a consistent and more productive experience. Progent's VDI consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI solutions.
- Routers connect home computer networks to the Internet and typically support VPN connections, home wireless networks, and firewalls. Progent can provide top-tier remote support for deploying home routers from a range of manufacturers. See router integration support from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, typically supporting the whole family and guests, are frequently utilized by at-home employees to connect to their Internet router for work. This can create throughput as well as cybersecurity issues. Progent can assist businesses to mitigate these problems by providing expertise like Cisco Aironet configuration consulting, Cisco-certified Meraki WiFi installation expertise, and Ubiquiti WiFi AP integration assistance.
- Internet access methods impact the speed and availability of connections between at-home workers and the corporate network. Business-critical applications might demand redundant Internet access in the event the normal connection fails. Progent can provide guidance for selecting Internet service providers, picking sensible service offerings, and configuring redundant Internet access. Refer to Internet access solutions.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Support Services
To get in touch with Progent about building and managing a productive work-from-home solution for your Baltimore, Maryland company, phone 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.