Expanding your at-home workforce may have a major effect on network infrastructure, security/compliance, and corporate workflows. Progent has 20 years of experience assisting businesses of all sizes to design, configure, manage, optimize, and troubleshoot IT networks that support work-from-home employees. Progent can assist your Baltimore company to pick the appropriate tools and adhere to best practices in creating and maintaining a secure virtual office ecosystem for teleworkers that promotes collaboration and delivers top business value. Progent can provide support services that go from on demand expertise for getting you past occasional IT bottlenecks to comprehensive project management to help you carry out business-critical tasks.
Progent can assist Baltimore, Maryland businesses to with any facet of building a high-performing telecommuting ecosystem by providing infrastructure design and configuration services, IP voice expertise, voice/video conferencing integration, collaboration platform selection and deployment, cloud integration, Call Desk outsourcing, endpoint security, backup/restore solutions, and unified management.
Infrastructure for Telecommuters
Configuring the network infrastructure required for a remote work environment can be particularly complicated if you have to accommodate a combination of worker-owned hardware such as desktop computers and notebooks, Internet routers, and Wi-Fi appliances from different vendors and with a mix of operating systems and firmware levels. Progent's experience providing online help for both legacy as well as modern IT products in remote office solutions enables you to make efficient use of your available network infrastructure and provides you with ready access to top-tire consultants for making necessary updates. Services offered by Progent to assist you to implement a productive telecommuting infrastructure include:
- VPN connectivity allows you to establish a safe connection for authorized at-home workers to use IT resources located at your corporate datacenter or in a public cloud. Progent's consultants can help you to configure and maintain VPN access between your teleworkers and your various IT resources by providing remote VPN configuration consulting. For businesses using Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco ASA Firewall consultants can assist your telecommuters to utilize Cisco's AnyConnect software for secure VPN connections for a wide selection of devices including Windows, Mac, iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure platforms allow a teleworker to view and use a remote computer's desktop. This gives IT managers more control over the computing environment of telecommuters and ensures remote users a consistent and more productive work experience. Progent's VDI consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI consulting.
- Routers connect at-home computer networks to the Internet and typically support VPN connections, home Wi-Fi networks, and firewalls. Progent can provide top-tier online support for setting up routers from a range of manufacturers. See router integration services from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wireless networks, often shared by an entire household and guests, are frequently utilized by telecommuters to access their Internet router for work. This can cause performance and cybersecurity issues. Progent can assist you to resolve these issues by delivering services like Cisco Aironet configuration expertise, Cisco Meraki WiFi deployment consulting, and Ubiquiti Unifi WiFi AP integration help.
- Internet connectivity solutions impact the speed and availability of connections between telecommuters and the company data center. Line-of-business applications may demand backup Internet access in case the normal connection breaks. Progent can provide expertise for selecting service providers, selecting appropriate bandwidth and data volume offerings, and setting up fault-tolerant Internet connections. Refer to Internet access integration services.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Expertise
To contact Progent about creating and maintaining a productive work-from-home solution for your Baltimore, Maryland organization, call 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.