Enlarging your remote workforce can have a significant effect on IT architecture, cybersecurity, and company processes. Progent has 20 years of background assisting SMBs to design, deploy, administer, tune, and troubleshoot IT environments that support work-from-home employees. Progent can assist your Baltimore company to pick the right technologies and adhere to best practices in building and operating a safe virtual ecosystem for teleworkers that promotes collaboration and delivers top business value. Progent offers services ranging from on demand expertise for getting you past occasional IT roadblocks to full project management or co-management to help you successfully complete business-critical initiatives.
Progent's consultants can assist Baltimore, Maryland businesses to with any aspect of creating a high-performing telecommuting ecosystem by delivering network infrastructure configuration services, VoIP PBX troubleshooting, voice/video conferencing support, collaboration platform selection and deployment, public cloud integration, helpdesk services, security and compliance, backup/restore solutions, and streamlined management.
Network Infrastructure for an At-Home Workforce
Configuring the physical and software infrastructure required for an at-home work environment can be particularly complicated if you must accommodate a combination of worker-owned hardware such as PCs and laptops, Internet routers, and wireless appliances from an assortment of manufacturers and with a mix of OS software and firmware levels. Progent's experience providing remote help for both legacy and current IT products in virtual office venues allows you to make efficient use of your existing network infrastructure and offers ready access to expertise for making necessary updates. Support services available from Progent to help your company to implement a productive telecommuting ecosystem include:
- VPN technology makes it possible to create a secure tunnel for authenticated at-home workers to use IT resources located at your company datacenter or in a public cloud. Progent can assist your company to deploy and manage VPN access between your at-home workforce and your key IT resources by providing remote VPN integration consulting. For organizations with Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA consultants can help your at-home workers to utilize Cisco's popular AnyConnect client software to provide safe VPN tunneling for a broad range of devices such as Windows, Mac, iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure platforms allow a teleworker to see and use a data center PC's desktop. This technology gives network managers substantial control over the digital ecosystem of at-home employees and ensures them a consistent and more productive experience. Progent's VDI consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI solutions.
- Routers connect home computer networks to the Internet and support VPN tunnels, local wireless connectivity, and firewalls. Progent offers expert remote consulting for deploying home routers from all major vendors. See router integration support from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wireless networks, often supporting families and visitors, are commonly used by telecommuters to access their Internet router for work. This can cause performance as well as cybersecurity issues. Progent can help businesses to mitigate these problems by delivering services like Cisco Aironet integration consulting, Cisco Meraki WiFi deployment expertise, and Ubiquiti Unifi wireless access point integration assistance.
- Internet connectivity solutions impact the performance and reliability of connections between telecommuters and the corporate network. Mission-critical applications may require redundant Internet connections in case the primary connection fails. Progent offers expertise for identifying ISPs, picking appropriate service offerings, and integrating high-availability Internet access. See Internet access integration services.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Expertise
To contact Progent about creating and managing a productive work-from-home environment for your Baltimore, Maryland organization, phone 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.