Expanding your telecommuter workforce may have a significant effect on IT infrastructure, security, and corporate processes. Progent has 20 years of background assisting small and mid-size businesses to design, configure, manage, tune, and debug IT networks that support a remote workforce. Progent can assist your Baltimore organization to pick the appropriate technologies and adhere to best practices in building and maintaining a secure virtual ecosystem for teleworkers that facilitates teamwork and returns top value. Progent can provide support services that go from as-needed expertise for getting you past occasional technical bottlenecks to comprehensive project management to help you carry out mission-critical tasks.
Progent can help Baltimore, Maryland companies to succeed with any aspect of creating a high-performing work-from-home environment by providing infrastructure design and configuration services, IP voice troubleshooting, voice/video conferencing support, collaboration platform selection and deployment, public cloud connectivity, helpdesk outsourcing, endpoint security, backup/restore solutions, and centralized management.
Network Infrastructure for an At-Home Workforce
Setting up the network infrastructure required to support a remote workforce can be particularly complicated if you must manage a mix of personal equipment like PCs and notebooks, Internet routers, and wireless appliances from an assortment of manufacturers and with a mix of operating systems and firmware releases. Progent's experience delivering remote help for both legacy and modern IT products in virtual office venues allows you to make efficient use of your available infrastructure and offers fast access to expertise for making essential upgrades. Services offered by Progent to assist you to create a productive work-at-home ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) connectivity allows you to create a secure connection for authenticated at-home employees to access IT assets situated at your corporate datacenter or in a public cloud. Progent's consultants can assist you to deploy and manage VPN connections between your at-home workforce and your various IT resources by providing remote VPN configuration consulting. For businesses with Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA Firewall experts can assist your at-home workers to utilize Cisco's AnyConnect client software to provide safe VPN connections for a wide selection of devices such as Windows, macOS, iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) products enable an at-home worker to see and use a data center PC's desktop. This technology gives network managers substantial control over the digital environment of telecommuters and ensures them a consistent and more productive experience. Progent's virtual desktop consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI consulting.
- Routers connect at-home networks to the Internet and support VPN connections, local Wi-Fi networks, and firewall services. Progent can provide top-tier remote support for deploying routers from all major manufacturers. See router configuration support from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, typically supporting families and visitors, are commonly utilized by at-home employees to access their router for work. This can cause performance and security issues. Progent can help you to resolve these issues by delivering expertise like Aironet integration consulting, Cisco-certified Meraki wireless deployment consulting, and Ubiquiti WiFi AP setup help.
- Internet connectivity solutions impact the speed and reliability of connections between telecommuters and the company network. Line-of-business applications might require backup Internet access in case the primary connection breaks. Progent can provide expertise for identifying ISPs, selecting appropriate bandwidth and data volume bundles, and configuring high-availability Internet access. See Internet connectivity integration services.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Support Services
To get in touch with Progent about creating and maintaining a productive telecommuter solution for your Baltimore, Maryland business, phone 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.