Progent's Ransomware Settlement Negotiation Consulting in Barra da Tijuca
Progent has experience negotiating ransomware settlements with hackers. Reaching an optimum settlement is a complex activity that calls for a combination of real-word experience, technical knowledge and business savvy. It also calls for close co-operation with the victim's IT staff and the insurance provider, if any. Since the number one priority of the ransomware target is operational continuity, it is vital to establish recovery teams that work efficiently, in parallel, and with intimate collaboration. Progent has the breadth of IT knowledge and the depth of personnel to complement your IT staff and recover your network environment quickly and affordably.
Support provided by Progent's ransomware settlement negotiation team include:
Concurrent with the settlement negotiations, Progent's ransomware staff can help with:
- Establishing the kind of ransomware used in the assault
- Identifying and communicating with the hacker persona
- Evaluating the recovery risk
- Testing the hacker's decryption capabilities
- Determining a settlement range with the victim and the insurance carrier
- Establishing a settlement amount and timeline with the hacker
- Checking adherence to anti-money laundering regulations
- Managing the crypto-currency transfer to the hacker
- Receiving, learning, and using the hacker's decryptor tool
- If needed, contacting the hacker for technical help with the decryption tool
Once the decryption utility has been mastered, Progent can assist you to restore machines and services to their original condition. Progent can also assist you to conduct a full forensic review and generate a document to share with the insurance carrier. This document helps you to understand security gaps that must be eliminated and suggests steps to be taken to counter future ransomware assaults.
- Isolating affected endpoints to prevent further spread of the assault
- Creating replicas of every breached server and endpoint and data store to allow forensics without interfering with restoration
- Adding A/V protection to all clean endpoints
- Restoring files from air-gapped backups or unscathed machines
- Creating a pristine environment
- Mapping and connecting datastores to match precisely their pre-attack state
Paying Exfiltration Ransoms
Beyond extorting payment for a decryption tool, current variants of ransomware like Ryuk, Sodinokibi, Netwalker, and Nephilim commonly try to exfiltrate files. Hackers can then require an extra settlement for not publishing this information on the dark web. Sadly, there is no way to prove that stolen data have been totally erased by the TA. Actually, in numerous instances the hacker has limited say about where the information ends up. Settling an exfiltration ransom does not free you from the need for getting the advice of privacy lawyers, performing an audit on which data were stolen, and carrying out the mandated alerts to affected entities. In general, paying an exfiltration ransom is a waste.
Progent has provided remote and onsite IT services across the United States for over two decades and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's team of SBEs includes consultants who have earned high-level certifications in core technologies including Cisco infrastructure, VMware virtualization, and popular Linux distros. Progent's data security experts have earned internationally recognized certifications including CISM, CISSP, and CRISC. (Refer to certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also offers top-tier support in financial management and Enterprise Resource Planning applications. This breadth of expertise allows Progent to salvage and consolidate the surviving parts of your IT environment following a ransomware intrusion and reconstruct them quickly into a viable system. Progent has worked with leading cyber insurance carriers like Chubb to help businesses recover from ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Crypto-Ransomware Settlement Negotiation Expertise in Barra da Tijuca
To contact with Progent about crypto-ransomware settlement negotiation guidance in Barra da Tijuca, phone Progent at 800-462-8800 or go to Contact Progent.