Progent's Ransomware Settlement Negotiation Consulting in Barra da Tijuca
Progent is experienced in negotiating ransomware settlements with hackers. Negotiating an optimum settlement is a complicated exercise that calls for a combination of real-word experience, technical knowledge and business savvy. It also demands close co-operation with the victim's IT team and the cyber insurance provider, if any. Because the number one priority of the ransomware target is fast recovery, it is vital to establish response groups that work effectively, concurrently, and in close communication. Progent offers the scope of IT knowledge and the depth of experts to complement your network support team and restore your network environment rapidly and affordably.
Support offered by Progent's ransomware settlement negotiation experts include:
Concurrent with the settlement negotiations, Progent's ransomware team can assist with:
- Determining the kind of ransomware used in the attack
- Identifying and communicating with the hacker
- Assessing the likelihood of recovery
- Validating the threat actor's decryption capabilities
- Budgeting a settlement with the ransomware victim and the insurance provider
- Establishing a settlement amount and timeline with the hacker
- Confirming adherence to anti-money laundering regulations
- Carrying out the crypto-currency payment to the hacker
- Receiving, reviewing, and using the threat actor's decryptor mechanism
- If needed, contacting the hacker for assistance with the decryptor utility
Once the decryption utility has been learned, Progent can help you to recover machines and services to their pre-arrack condition. Progent can also help you to perform a full forensic review and generate a report to share with the cyber insurance provider. This report helps you to understand cybersecurity vulnerabilities that need to be eliminated and recommends steps to be taken to counter subsequent ransomware assaults.
- Quarantining affected endpoints to prevent further progress of the assault
- Making digital copies of each compromised device and data store to allow forensics without interfering with restoration
- Adding A/V protection to all virus-free endpoints
- Salvaging data from air-gapped backups or unscathed machines
- Creating a pristine environment
- Remapping and reconnecting datastores to reflect exactly their pre-encryption state
Paying Exfiltration Ransoms
Beyond extorting payment for a decryption utility, modern variants of ransomware like Ryuk, Sodinokibi, Netwalker, and Nephilim commonly attempt to steal (or "exfiltrate") information. TAs are then able to require an extra ransom for not publishing this information on the dark web. Sadly, there exists no way to be certain that stolen data have been totally deleted by the TA. In fact, in many cases the hacker has little say about data custody. Settling an exfiltration ransom does not free you from the need for getting the advice of legal counsel, conducting an investigation into which files were compromised, and performing the mandated notifications to affected entities. Generally, paying an exfiltration ransom is a waste.
Progent has provided remote and onsite network services throughout the U.S. for more than 20 years and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's roster of subject matter experts includes consultants who have been awarded high-level certifications in foundation technologies such as Cisco infrastructure, VMware, and popular Linux distros. Progent's data security consultants have earned prestigious certifications such as CISM, CISSP, and CRISC. (Refer to certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also has guidance in financial management and ERP application software. This scope of skills allows Progent to identify and integrate the undamaged pieces of your IT environment following a ransomware attack and rebuild them rapidly into an operational system. Progent has worked with leading insurance carriers like Chubb to assist organizations clean up after ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Crypto-Ransomware Settlement Services in Barra da Tijuca
To contact with Progent about crypto-ransomware settlement negotiation expertise in Barra da Tijuca, call Progent at 800-462-8800 or go to Contact Progent.