Expanding your at-home workforce may have a major impact on IT architecture, security, and corporate processes. Progent has 20 years of experience helping SMBs to plan, configure, administer, optimize, and debug IT networks that support work-from-home employees. Progent can help your Barra da Tijuca company to pick the appropriate technologies and follow leading practices in building and operating a secure virtual office solution for telecommuters that facilitates collaboration and delivers maximum value. Progent offers support services that go from as-needed expertise for helping you past challenging technical roadblocks to full project management or co-management to help you carry out mission-critical initiatives.
Progent can assist Barra da Tijuca, Rio de Janeiro businesses to succeed with any facet of building a high-functioning work-from-home environment by providing infrastructure configuration services, VoIP PBX troubleshooting, voice/video conferencing integration, collaboration platform selection and deployment, cloud integration, helpdesk outsourcing, cybersecurity, data protection solutions, and streamlined management.
Infrastructure for a Remote Workforce
Configuring the physical and software infrastructure needed for a remote work environment can be especially complicated if you have to accommodate a combination of personal hardware like desktop computers and notebooks, routers, and wireless APs from different vendors and with a variety of operating systems and firmware levels. Progent's background providing remote support for both outdated and modern IT products in remote office venues allows you to make cost-effective use of your existing infrastructure and offers ready access to expertise for implement essential upgrades. Support services offered by Progent to assist your company to implement a high-functioning work-at-home infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network connectivity makes it possible to create a secure connection for authenticated remote workers to access IT resources situated at your company datacenter or in a public cloud. Progent's consultants can assist you to configure and manage VPN connections between your at-home workforce and your key IT resources by providing remote VPN configuration consulting. For businesses using Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA Firewall consultants can assist your at-home workers to set up Cisco's popular AnyConnect software to provide safe VPN tunneling for a wide range of devices such as Windows, Mac, Apple iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure products enable an at-home worker to view and use a remote PC's desktop. This gives network managers more control over the computing environment of telecommuters and ensures remote users a familiar experience. Progent's VDI consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI consulting.
- Routers connect home networks to the Internet and typically support VPN connections, home wireless connectivity, and firewall services. Progent can provide expert online consulting for setting up routers from a variety of manufacturers. See router integration services from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, often shared by families and visitors, are commonly used by telecommuters to connect to their router for work. This can create throughput as well as cybersecurity issues. Progent can assist you to resolve these issues by providing expertise that include Cisco Aironet configuration expertise, Cisco Meraki wireless deployment expertise, and Ubiquiti wireless access point setup help.
- Internet connectivity solutions impact the speed and availability of connections between at-home workers and the corporate data center. Line-of-business applications might demand backup Internet connections in case the primary connection breaks. Progent offers expertise for identifying service providers, choosing sensible bandwidth and data volume offerings, and setting up fault-tolerant Internet access. Refer to Internet access integration services.
IP Voice Solutions for Remote Workers
Extending the business PBX environment to accommodate remote users is critical to supporting an effective at-home workforce. A broad range of cloud-centric digital PBX platforms are popular with small and mid-size businesses to server remote users. Many larger organizations depend on Cisco's modern or legacy platforms for VoIP management. Progent can help organizations of any size to plan or maintain a remote IP voice service that provides the versatility, transparency and security required for at-home workers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice consultants can provide advanced support to assist organizations optimize their existing Cisco VoIP environments to support an expanding at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM or CUCM) delivers advanced telephony features to devices such as IP phones, media processing products, VoIP gateways, and multimedia apps used across the network. Unified Communications Manager manages additional mixed media services such as messaging, video conferencing, and customer collaboration networks. For more information about Progent's CUCM expertise, see Cisco Unified CM consulting services.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing agent and has been superseded by Cisco Unified CM. Progent's consultants can assist you to support your current CallManager environment or upgrade smoothly to Cisco's modern IP telephony solutions. For details about Progent's expertise for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other legacy IP voice platforms, visit CallManager consulting.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable integration with PSTN networks and with users working outside the corporate firewall
such as telecommuters. Progent offers expert support for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways including the UC520, UC540 and UC560 products and for modern Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway configuration consulting.
- Other VoIP Platforms supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can help you to expand your wide area network infrastructure to support these solutions and provide on-demand integration and debugging services.
Video Conferencing for Telecommuters
A broad selection of video conferencing products from major technology companies support virtual meetings, video and voice conferencing, chat, and content sharing for both local users and teleworkers. Many organizations use a mix of conferencing products to meet the needs of their various partners and clients. Progent can help your organization to manage your existing voice/video conferencing environment and enhance the experience of your at-home employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading communications product that enables real-time presence, IM, voice and video conferencing as well as the transparent integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent can provide the expertise of Microsoft-certified specialists who can help you to configure and manage Skype for Business client software to support your at-home employees. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Skype for Business, visit Skype for Business integration services.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video phone app for iOS and Mac devices. FaceTime runs on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Newer editions of FaceTime allow as many as 32 simultaneous users for video calls. To learn more about Progent's support services for FaceTime, refer to Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides remote conferencing for most desktop or mobile devices. Offered through Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex services include sharing discrete content or computer screens, presentations that incorporate rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, network-based capture, plus editing and playback for training. For details about Progent's support expertise for Cisco Webex as well as for additional IP video solutions from Cisco, see Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a portal for conferencing, contacts, and content with capabilities that include voice/video calling, persistent threaded chat, plus file sharing. To learn more about Progent's support services for Microsoft Teams as well as for additional Office 365 apps, see Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Conferencing Apps supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide integration and debugging expertise for these products and
help you to tune your network infrastructure to run them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Platforms for Teleworkers
Microsoft's collaboration products are tightly integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office families, offering a powerful environment of productivity apps that create a cohesive user interface for exchanging information across a corporate network and on a wide selection of endpoints. Progent has provided online consulting services for SharePoint and Exchange Server since their original publication and can assist businesses to deploy these critical collaboration platforms to maximize the productivity of your remote workforce.
SharePoint uses web sites to allow collaboration and information sharing by offering policy-based delivery of data, workflow, and tools for searching through enterprise-wide business data. SharePoint allows you to build protected web portals that allows remote workers to view and update aggregated corporate intelligence by means of Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social web sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). To find out about Progent's SharePoint support services, go to SharePoint integration and development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To find out about Progent's Exchange consulting expertise, visit planning and configuration expertise for Microsoft Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoft’s shared cloud file hosting and synchronization service, comparable to GoogleDrive. Remote workers can store files to OneDrive, and co-workers can access them securely via a browser. Provided with Office 365, OneDrive allows remote workers to jointly author files. Edits made offline are synced when you go back online. For details about Progent's consulting services for OneDrive, go to Onedrive configuration consulting.
Public Cloud Integration Services for Remote Workers
Progent offers affordable online support for helping businesses to create, maintain and optimize integrated hybrid network models that combine internal data centers, teleworkers, branches, plus public cloud services. Progent can provide top-tier consultant for all modes of cloud service such as Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help at-home workers fix issues with public cloud connectivity, authentication, and cybersecurity.
Microsoft Azure is a leading family of cloud services that allows you to utilize IT infrastructure, servers, and critical applications hosted on Microsoft's massive cloud. Microsoft Azure offers more than one hundred cloud-based services including the ability to host Windows and Linux-powered virtual machines, on-demand cloud storage, email and messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and data protection. Progent can assist you to deploy VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, configure storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity control with Azure Active Directory, and plan backup and recovery solutions with Azure Backup. Progent can also show you how to establish protected access to Azure for telecommuters by configuring and troubleshooting firewall appliances and VPN tunnels. To learn about Progent's consulting services for Azure, go to Azure consulting.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing family of client productivity software and cloud-based services offered on a subscription basis. Microsoft applications and services are marketed in a selection of bundles designed for users ranging from students and small offices to major corporations. Progent offers fast and affordable remote access to experts familiar with Office 365-compatible devices running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent's experts can help your business to evaluate the numerous subscription plans available for Microsoft 365 and configure 365 applications for your remote workers to achieve top business value. To learn about Progent's expertise for Microsoft Office 365, go to Microsoft Office 365 integration expertise.
Office 365 Exchange Online is one of the most widely used cloud-based applications in Azure-hosted Office 365 product product suite. Exchange Online provides the advantages of lower spending for physical infrastructure, simplified management, dynamic scaling, high reliability, and other benefits associated with public clouds. Microsoft has designed Office 365 Exchange Online to run seamlessly with local deployments of Exchange, enabling customers to create hybrid networks. Progent's Exchange experts are available for as-needed help to get you past tough IT bottlenecks and also offer end-to-end project management outsourcing to make sure your teleworkers have convenient and safe access to your Microsoft 365 Exchange Online environment. To learn Progent's expertise for Microsoft 365 Exchange Online, go to Office 365 Exchange Online integration and support consulting.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a pioneer in the public cloud computing market and is the industry's biggest provider of cloud services. Progent can provide fast and affordable online contact with cloud connectivity consultants who can assist your organization to plan, implement, maintain, and debug hybrid information networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with local data centers and with other public clouds such as Microsoft Azure. Progent also can provide access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to help you to create a high-uptime network architecture so your employees have a consistent computing experience regardless of whether they are working from your main office, a remote branch, from home, or on the road. For information about Progent's consulting expertise for Amazon AWS, see Amazon AWS consulting services.
Google Cloud is a leading collection of cloud computing services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can help your business to extend your existing IT resources with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's database experts can show you how to make your mission-critical applications cloud ready so your telecommuters can benefit fully from Google Cloud services. Progent can assist you to set up virtual machines on GCP Compute Engine, design a cost-effective storage system with Google Cloud Storage services, and streamline access control for at-home workers with Google Cloud Identity services. Progent's experts can also assist your organization to use GCP's unified management technology to control and monitor your Google Cloud environment. For details, visit Google Cloud Platform integration expertise.
Help Desk Services for At-Home Workers
A rapid, company-wide transition to a telecommuter workforce, which might be the result of a pandemic or as an element of a business continuity process, can overstretch even a well-staffed in-house Support Desk. Progent's Help Desk Call Center services allow organizations to outsource or augment their Help Desk with Progent's online Technical Response Center (TRC) team.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk Call Center support services utilize Progent's nationwide team of remote IT support experts along with world-class trouble ticketing and tracking software to offer an economical, state-of-the-art Help Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer an end-to-end solution that handles all facets of online Level 1 desktop technical support from service requests through trouble ticket creation, screen sharing, issue resolution, and reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal enables teleworkers to monitor or update the status of their current tickets, add information, and upload screen captures or relevant files. Support services are delivered at a substantial discount off Progent's normal Level 1 desktop support rates, and Progent offers optional fast hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 IT experts to deal with advanced problems. To find out more, visit Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small businesses.
- Progent's Call Desk Augmentation Service allows you to expand your current Help Desk team by sharing delivery of Call Desk support transparently between your in-house IT support organization and Progent's nationwide pool of PC support engineers and subject matter experts. Progent's co-managed Support Desk service is based on a co-sourcing support solution based on the number one PSA tool for handling service requests and trouble tickets, establishing responsibility, monitoring progress, and generating reports. For information about how Progent's Call Center Augmentation Services can enable your company to deliver best-in-class IT support to your teleworkers, refer to Progent's Call Desk supplementation Services.
Security for Remote Workers
At-home workers commonly run their own computing devices and work in a physically unsecured area. This increases their vulnerability to cyber threats and requires judicious use of security appliances, remote endpoint monitoring, and the enforcement of security policies in compliance with leading practices. Progent's seasoned team of certified data security experts can assist your organization to design, deploy and administer a modern cybersecurity solution that safeguards sensitive information in networks that include telecommuters.
- Firewalls enable you to build a network environment that can be securely accessed by local users as well as by at-home workers, mobile users, suppliers, customers, and the public. Next-generation firewall devices permit you to assign and manage different access rights to different groups of users and to scale your network and modify your security as your company evolves and as cyber threats become increasingly sophisticated. Progent works with both new and older firewall appliances from all major vendors including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, and Fortinet. For details about Progent's firewall support services, go to firewall support services.
- Online Endpoint Monitoring makes it easy to watch over the disparate computers used by an at-home workforce and either reject or spot and respond to modern threats such as ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a lightweight software agent is installed on every secured endpoint device, watching all activity and utilizing state-of-the-art machine learning and full execution context to detect new threats on arrival. When a cyberattack is discovered, ProSight ASM immediately isolates the impacted endpoint from the corporate network to quarantine the threat. Since the ProSight ASM agent is autonomous, endpoints stay secure even if they are not connected to the Internet. For details about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, refer to remote endpoint monitoring for at-home workers.
- Security Audits can assess the vulnerability of your network to all classes of outside and internal security threats for an environment that includes an at-home workforce. Progent can run online, automated cybersecurity inventory software for quickly and affordably detecting a broad range of security gaps that can be surfaced via the Internet. Progent's security audit consulting services, which can be provided by security professionals with advanced certifications including CISM, CISSP, and GIAC, can help you to evaluate your workflows and policies and assess your network architecture to allow you to implement top-level security for your teleworkers.
Data Protection Solutions for Telecommuters
The field of Data Protection covers backing up and restoring critical data so as to avoid data loss and reduce restoration time and effort in the event of storage system problems due to equipment breakdowns, software hiccups, operator error, cyber attack, or any other reason. Reliable data protection solutions can be especially challenging to design and maintain in hybrid environments that incorporate in-house data centers, public clouds, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Recovery strategies for telecommuters must cover diverse types of personally owned endpoints. Progent offers fast online access to consultants knowledgeable about a broad array of platforms for backing up Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktops as well as notebooks, iPads and handhelds. Popular backup/recovery solutions supported by Progent's backup/recovery consultants include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To protect resources spread throughout a wide area network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services, a managed backup/recovery subscription service that uses cloud storage and includes fine-grained restore and centralized management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) plans often envision scenarios that require a temporary switch to an at-home workforce. Progent's expert disaster recovery planning experts and business continuity specialists can help your company to create, document and validate a DR/BC strategy that addresses the process of switching to telecommuting.
Unified Management for Remote Workers
Microsoft has rebranded and reshuffled its endpoint management products under the name Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud management of remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing on-premises computers. Endpoint Manager features a unified environment for safeguarding critical information by controlling on-premises, mobile, and home-based endpoint devices.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also features Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and protecting remote devices and applications. Remote endpoint computers can be personally owned or company owned. IT administrators managing the enrolled endpoint computers of at-home workers can utilize Intune to provision and authenticate applications on managed devices, push updates and certificates, configure policies for permission to access data and resources, set passwords, create VPN connections, determine how teleworkers share information, establish threat protection, ensure security compliance, and delete sensitive data from missing, stolen or deactivated endpoint devices. Microsoft Intune runs with iOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X devices. For information about Intune and to find out how Progent can assist you to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to manage the devices of your teleworkers, see Intune teleworker endpoint management expertise.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced unified Mobile Device Management platform that allows network managers to keep offsite endpoint devices up to date and secure. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch technology for centralized endpoint management along with VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery platform for access control, application management, and configuration management of endpoint computers. Workspace ONE runs with devices based on Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-premises product via a one-time purchase. Key capabilities of VMware Workspace ONE include rapid remote deployment of new notebooks, immediate onboarding of new users, policy set up and enforcement for all categories of endpoints, aggregated management reporting and performance analytics, an email encryption gateway, and integration with Microsoft applications and cloud-based products. For information about Progent's support for VMware Workspace ONE, refer to VMware Workspace ONE mobile device management expertise.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Expertise
To contact Progent about building and managing an efficient work-from-home solution for your Barra da Tijuca, Rio de Janeiro business, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.