Enlarging your remote workforce may have a significant effect on network architecture, security, and corporate processes. Progent has two decades of background assisting SMBs to design, configure, manage, optimize, and debug IT networks that incorporate at-home workers. Progent can help your Barra da Tijuca company to pick the appropriate tools and follow best practices in building and operating a secure virtual office ecosystem for teleworkers that promotes collaboration and delivers maximum value. Progent can provide services that go from as-needed guidance for getting you over occasional IT bottlenecks to full project management or co-management to help you carry out business-critical tasks.
Progent's consultants can assist Barra da Tijuca, Rio de Janeiro businesses to with any aspect of creating a high-performing telecommuting ecosystem by delivering infrastructure configuration services, VoIP PBX expertise, voice/video conferencing integration, collaboration platform customization and training, cloud connectivity, Call Desk services, endpoint security, data protection solutions, and centralized management.
Infrastructure for an At-Home Workforce
Configuring the physical and software infrastructure needed to support an at-home workforce can be particularly complex if you must accommodate a mix of worker-owned hardware like PCs and laptops, routers, and wireless APs from an assortment of manufacturers and with a variety of operating systems and firmware releases. Progent's experience providing online help for both legacy as well as current IT products in virtual office solutions enables you to make cost-effective use of your existing infrastructure and provides you with ready access to top-tire consultants for implement necessary updates. Support services offered by Progent to assist you to implement a productive work-at-home infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network technology makes it possible to create a secure connection for authenticated remote employees to access IT assets located at your company datacenter or in the cloud. Progent can assist you to configure and manage VPN connections between your teleworkers and your key network resources by providing online VPN integration consulting. For organizations with Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco ASA experts can assist your at-home workers to set up Cisco's popular AnyConnect client software to provide secure VPN connections for a wide range of endpoint devices such as Windows, Mac, iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure platforms allow a teleworker to see and use a remote computer's desktop. This technology gives network managers substantial control over the digital ecosystem of at-home employees and ensures remote users a familiar work experience. Progent's virtual desktop services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI solutions.
- Routers attach home computer networks to the Internet and typically support VPN connections, local Wi-Fi networks, and firewalls. Progent can provide top-tier online support for integrating routers from a range of vendors. See router configuration services from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, often shared by the whole family and guests, are frequently used by telecommuters to connect to their router for work. This can create performance as well as security problems. Progent can help businesses to resolve these problems by delivering services that include Aironet integration consulting, Cisco-certified Meraki wireless installation expertise, and Ubiquiti Unifi WiFi AP setup assistance.
- Internet connectivity methods affect the performance and reliability of connections between telecommuters and the corporate data center. Line-of-business processes may demand backup Internet connections in the event the normal connection fails. Progent offers guidance for identifying ISPs, selecting appropriate service offerings, and configuring redundant Internet connections. Refer to Internet connectivity solutions.
VoIP Integration for Telecommuters
Expanding the company PBX environment to include telecommuters is critical to maintaining an effective work-at-home solution. A broad range of cloud-centric digital PBX products are used by SMBs to server remote users. Many enterprises rely on Cisco's modern or legacy platforms for IP voice solutions. Progent can assist organizations of any size to plan or maintain a remote IP voice environment that provides the versatility, transparency and security needed for at-home workers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice consultants can provide advanced support to help businesses tune their current Cisco VoIP systems to support an expanding remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) delivers enterprise telephony capabilities to devices such as IP phones, media processing products, VoIP gateways, and multimedia software used throughout the network. CUCM manages additional combined media services such as unified messaging, voice/video conferencing, and team interaction networks. For more information about Progent's Cisco Unified CM or CUCM support, visit Cisco Unified CM expertise.
- CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing agent and has been replaced by Cisco Unified CM or CUCM. Progent can help you to maintain your current CallManager deployment or upgrade efficiently to Cisco's modern IP telephony products. To find out about Progent's expertise for CallManager and Cisco's other older VoIP products, see Cisco CallManager consulting.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable connectivity with public telephony networks and with clients operating beyond the corporate perimeter
such as telecommuters. Progent offers expert support for Cisco's legacy IP gateways such as the UC520, UC540 and UC560 series as well as for current Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway integration expertise.
- Other VoIP Products supported by Progent include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can help you to expand your wide area network architecture to support these solutions and deliver as-needed configuration and debugging services.
Video Conferencing for Remote Workers
A broad range of voice/video conferencing platforms from leading vendors support online meetings, video and voice conferencing, chat, and screen sharing for both local users and telecommuters. Many companies utilize a mix of conferencing products to accommodate their different partners and clients. Progent's communications experts can help your organization to manage your current voice/video conferencing ecosystem and enhance the engagement of your remote workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular communications platform that supports real-time presence, instant messaging, audio and video conferencing as well as the transparent integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software such as PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent can provide the skills of Microsoft-certified consultants who can help you to configure and maintain Skype for Business clients to accommodate your remote workforce. For details about Progent's support expertise for Skype for Business, visit Skype for Business integration experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video calling app for iOS, iPadOS, iPod and Mac computers and smartphones. FaceTime runs on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Later versions of FaceTime allow as many as 32 simultaneous users for video calls. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for FaceTime, see Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides online conferencing for virtually all desktop or mobile devices. Delivered through Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex services include sharing granular content or screens, presentations that incorporate rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint, session recording, plus revision and playback for future reference. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Cisco Webex and for additional IP video solutions from Cisco, visit Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams provides a hub for conversations, contacts, and content with capabilities that include voice/video conferencing, persistent threaded chat, plus file sharing. For details about Progent's support services for Microsoft Teams and for other Microsoft 365 products, visit Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Conferencing Apps supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide configuration and troubleshooting expertise for these products and
help you to optimize your network architecture to run them.
Microsoft Collaboration Platforms for Remote Workers
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are closely integrated with Microsoft's popular Microsoft Office and Microsoft 365 suites, providing a powerful environment of applications that create a cohesive user interface for exchanging information across multiple sites and on a broad range of endpoint devices. Progent has provided online consulting support for SharePoint and Exchange Server since their first publication and can help your company to deploy these critical collaboration products to optimize the productivity of your remote workers.
SharePoint utilizes web entities to promote collaboration and knowledge sharing by offering policy-driven access to data, business processes, and tools for looking through company-wide information silos. SharePoint permits you to create protected web portals that permits at-home workforce to view and edit consolidated corporate intelligence by means of Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). To find out about Progent's SharePoint consulting services, go to SharePoint configuration and application development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To find out about Progent's Exchange support services, visit integration consulting for Microsoft Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoft's shared cloud file hosting and synchronization service, comparable to GoogleDrive. At-home users can store files to the OneDrive service, and colleagues can share them safely through a browser. Included with Office and Microsoft 365, OneDrive allows remote workers to co-edit files. Edits made offline are uploaded when you reconnect to the Internet. To find out about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft OneDrive, visit Microsoft Onedrive configuration consulting.
Cloud Integration Services for At-Home Workers
Progent offers affordable remote assistance for enabling businesses to build, manage and troubleshoot cohesive hybrid network models that incorporate physical data centers, remote workers, branches, and public cloud services. Progent offers top-tier consultant for all types of cloud service such as Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service. Progent can help remote workers fix issues with public cloud access, authentication, and cybersecurity.
Microsoft Azure is a popular family of public cloud services that allows you to use infrastructure, servers, and key applications running on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Azure includes more than one hundred cloud-based services such as hosting for Windows and Linux-powered virtual machines, scalable cloud storage, email and messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and data protection. Progent can help you to set up virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity management with Azure AD, and plan backup and recovery systems with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also show you how to establish protected access to Azure for telecommuters by setting up and debugging firewall appliances and VPN IPsec tunnels. To learn about Progent's support services for Microsoft Azure, visit Azure expertise.
Microsoft 365, previously called Office 365, is Microsoft's growing suite of client productivity applications and cloud services offered by subscription. Microsoft apps and cloud services are provided in a variety of plans designed for users ranging from individuals and small offices to major corporations. Progent offers quick and easy remote contact with experts familiar with Microsoft 365-compatible endpoint devices based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent's experts can assist you to assess the numerous subscription bundles offered with Microsoft 365 and configure 365 applications for your remote workers to achieve maximum business value. To learn about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft 365, go to Microsoft 365 integration support.
Microsoft 365 Exchange Online is among the most widely used cloud-based applications in Azure-hosted Microsoft 365 product suite. Microsoft 365 Exchange Online offers the benefits of reduced spending for physical infrastructure, simplified management, dynamic scaling, high reliability, and additional advantages associated with public clouds. Microsoft has engineered Exchange Online to run transparently with local Exchange environments, allowing you to build hybrid cloud/onsite networks. Progent's Exchange experts can provide as-needed help to get you through challenging IT roadblocks and also offer comprehensive project management outsourcing to make sure your teleworkers have easy and safe access to your Exchange Online deployment. For information Progent's expertise for Exchange Online, see Exchange Online configuration and troubleshooting expertise.
Amazon AWS is a trailblazer in the public cloud computing arena and is the industry's top source of cloud services. Progent can provide quick and affordable online contact with cloud integration consultants who can assist your organization to plan, implement, manage, and debug hybrid information networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with on-premises data centers and with other public clouds such as Microsoft Azure. Progent also can provide access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to help your company to create a high-availability network architecture to make sure your users have a consistent computing environment whether they are working from your main office, a branch office, from home, or on the move. For details about Progent's expertise for Amazon AWS, visit Amazon AWS integration support.
Google Cloud (GCP) is a popular suite of public cloud services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can assist your organization to scale your existing IT assets with the Google Cloud, and Progent's DBA consultants can show you how to make your key applications cloud ready so your remote workers can benefit fully from Google Cloud Platform services. Progent's consultants can assist you to deploy VMs on GCP Compute Engine, design a cost-effective storage system with Google Cloud Storage services, and simplify access management for remote workers with GCP Cloud Identity. Progent's experts can also assist your organization to utilize GCP's management tools to control and track your Google Cloud ecosystem. For information, go to Google Cloud Platform (GCP) integration support.
Help Desk Support for Remote Workers
An emergency, company-wide transition to a from-home workforce, which could be driven by an epidemic or as an element of a business continuity preparedness plan, can overwhelm even a well-staffed internal Call Desk. Progent's Call Center services allow businesses to outsource or augment their Help Desk Call Center by using Progent's online Technical Response Center services.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk services leverage Progent's extensive network of remote IT support specialists combined with enterprise-class trouble ticketing and follow-up software to provide an affordable, modern Call Center. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide a comprehensive solution that handles all facets of online Level 1 PC technical support from help requests to ticket generation, screen sharing, issue resolution, and reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal allows from-home workers to monitor or revise the status of their active trouble tickets, add information, and upload screenshots or relevant files. Technical support services are delivered at a significant discount off Progent's normal Level 1 desktop service charges, and Progent offers optional rapid hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 support experts to resolve advanced problems. For more information, visit Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small and mid-size businesses.
- Progent's Call Center Augmentation Service allows your company to augment your current Call Center team by splitting responsibilities for Support Desk support seamlessly between your in-house support personnel and Progent's nationwide roster of desktop support technicians and subject matter experts. Progent's shared Call Center service is based on a collective support model based on the number one professional services automation platform for managing service requests and trouble tickets, assigning ownership, monitoring progress, and generating management reports. For details about how Progent's Help Desk Augmentation Services can help your company to deliver world-class IT support to your teleworkers, visit Progent's Call Desk augmentation Services.
Cybersecurity for Teleworkers
Work-from-Home staff members typically utilize their personal computing devices and often operate in a poorly secured physical area. This increases their vulnerability to malware attacks and requires careful configuration of firewalls, anti-malware tools, MFA-based identity verification, remote monitoring, thorough end-user training, and the development of security policies based on leading practices. Progent's veteran roster of data security support experts can assist you to plan, implement and manage a compliant security solution that protects vital IT assets in environments that include at-home workers.
Firewalls allow you to create a network environment that can be securely utilized by local users as well as by telecommuters, mobile workers, vendors, clients, and the public. Next-generation firewall devices allow you to assign and manage appropriate access rights to different classes of users and to expand your network and adjust your security as your company evolves and as cyber threats grow increasingly complex. Progent supports both new and older firewall appliances from all major manufacturers including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, and Fortinet. For more information about Progent's firewall integration services, refer to firewall configuration and support expertise.
Remote Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it easy to watch over the various computers utilized by telecommuters and either block or identify and mitigate modern cyber attacks such as ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a lightweight software agent is put on each secured endpoint, watching all activity and utilizing advanced machine learning from SentinelOne to detect zero-day attacks on arrival. When an attack is spotted, ProSight Active Security Monitoring instantly disconnects the impacted device from the network to contain the threat. Because the ProSight Active Security Monitoring software agent is self-contained, endpoints stay protected even when they are offline. Progent is a SentinelOne Partner, dealer, and integrator. To learn more about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, visit remote endpoint security monitoring for telecommuters.
Progent's Duo MFA Services utilize Cisco's Duo cloud technology to protect against password theft through the use of two-factor authentication. Duo supports single-tap identity confirmation on iOS, Android, and other personal devices. With 2FA, whenever you log into a protected online account and enter your password you are requested to confirm who you are via a unit that only you have and that uses a different network channel. A wide selection of out-of-band devices can be used as this added means of ID validation such as an iPhone or Android or watch, a hardware/software token, a landline telephone, etc. You can designate several verification devices. For details about Duo two-factor identity validation services, go to Duo MFA two-factor authentication services for at-home workers.
Security Audits can assess the exposure of your network to all types of outside and internal security attacks for a network that incorporates teleworkers. Progent can run online, automated cybersecurity inventory scanning for quickly and affordably detecting a wide variety of security holes that can be surfaced over the Internet. Progent's endpoint security assessment experts, which can be provided by data security experts with advanced credentials including CISM, ISSAP, and GIAC, can assist your business to audit your operations and policies and assess your WAN infrastructure to enable you to design top-level security for your telecommuters.
Horizon3.ai's NodeZero PEN Testing Platform is a breakthrough penetration test (pentest) product family that can deliver autonomous threat assessment of your work-from-home connectivity solution as well as your internal and perimeter networks so you can expose, rank, remediate, and verify security weaknesses before malicious hackers can exploit them. Progent's pentest experts can help you to use NodeZero to carry out comprehensive pentests of your network perimeter and your internal IT infrastructure so you can evaluate your current security profile. Progent can also assist you to strengthen your existing network security and can assist you to plan and deploy a unified cybersecurity ecosystem that streamlines management and delivers maximum protection for on-premises, cloud-based, remote, and perimeter IT resources. To learn more information about Progent's threat analysis solutions powered by on NodeZero's PEN test platform, refer to Consulting Services for NodeZero's Penetration Test Platform.
Download White Paper: Securing a Work-From-Home Network
To read or download a white paper about critical areas to concentrate on for securing an IT environment that supports work-from-home staff, click:
Protecting a Work-From-Home Network White Paper. (PDF - 2.4 MB)
Data Protection for Teleworkers
The field of Data Protection covers backing up and restoring vital data in order to avoid data loss and reduce recovery time and effort in the event of storage failures due to hardware breakdowns, software glitches, user mistakes, malware, or other causes. Reliable data protection strategies can be particularly difficult to design and maintain in hybrid environments that combine private data centers, public clouds, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Recovery strategies for remote workers must cover diverse kinds of personally owned endpoints. Progent can provide quick remote access to experts knowledgeable about a wide range of platforms for backing up Microsoft Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX servers and desktops as well as notebooks, tablets and smartphones. Popular backup/restore products supported by Progent's data protection experts include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To back up data distributed throughout a hybrid network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services, a backup/recovery service that utilizes cloud-based storage and features granular restore and unified management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) plans often envision circumstances that require a rapid switch to an at-home workforce. Progent's expert disaster recovery planning experts and business continuity specialists can assist your company to create, document and test a DR/BC strategy that includes the logistics of switching to telecommuting.
Unified Management for Teleworkers
Microsoft has renamed and rebundled its endpoint management products under the title Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud management of mobile and remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing on-premises computers. Microsoft Endpoint Manager provides a unified environment for protecting critical data by controlling local, mobile, and home-based endpoints.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also includes Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and protecting remote computers and applications. Managed endpoint computers can be personally owned or business owned. Network admins managing the enrolled endpoint devices of teleworkers can use Intune to deploy and authenticate applications on devices, push patches and certificates, set up rules for permission to access information and resources, set passwords, establish VPN tunnels, determine how telecommuters share information, set up threat defense, ensure compliance, and erase sensitive information from lost, stolen or deactivated devices. Microsoft Intune can be used with Apple iOS, Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X computers. For details about Intune and how Progent can assist you to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to administer the devices of your at-home workforce, go to Intune remote device management experts.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich unified MDM platform that helps network administrators to keep offsite endpoint devices current and protected. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch technology for centralized endpoint administration plus VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery technology for authorization control, application management, and setup management of endpoint computers. Workspace ONE operates with endpoints powered by Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or popular distros of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-premises deployment through a perpetual license. Top features of VMware Workspace ONE include rapid over-the-air provisioning of out-of-the-box notebooks, immediate onboarding of new users, policy setting and enforcement for all categories of devices, unifies management reporting and performance analytics, an email encryption gateway, and seamless integration with Microsoft applications and cloud products. For details about Progent's support services for VMware Workspace ONE, go to VMware Workspace ONE mobile device management consultants.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Expertise
To get in touch with Progent about building and managing a productive work-from-home solution for your Barra da Tijuca, Rio de Janeiro company, phone 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.