Enlarging your remote workforce may have a significant impact on IT infrastructure, security, and corporate culture. Progent has 20 years of experience assisting small and mid-size businesses to design, deploy, administer, tune, and debug IT environments that support at-home workers. Progent can help your Barra da Tijuca organization to pick the appropriate technologies and adhere to best practices in building and operating a secure virtual office solution for telecommuters that facilitates teamwork and delivers maximum value. Progent can provide services ranging from as-needed expertise for helping you over occasional technical bottlenecks to comprehensive project management or co-management to help you successfully complete mission-critical tasks.
Progent can help Barra da Tijuca, Rio de Janeiro businesses to succeed with any aspect of creating a high-functioning telecommuting ecosystem by delivering network infrastructure design and configuration services, VoIP PBX expertise, video conferencing support, collaboration platform customization and training, cloud integration, Help Desk augmentation, security and compliance, backup/restore solutions, and streamlined management.
Infrastructure for a Remote Workforce
Setting up the network infrastructure needed for an at-home workforce can be particularly complex if you have to manage a combination of worker-owned equipment like PCs and notebooks, Internet routers, and Wi-Fi appliances from various manufacturers and with a variety of OS software and firmware releases. Progent's background delivering remote help for both outdated as well as modern technologies in remote office venues allows you to make cost-effective use of your available infrastructure and provides you with fast access to top-tire consultants for implement necessary updates. Services offered by Progent to help you to create a productive telecommuting ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network technology allows you to create a safe tunnel for authorized remote workers to access IT assets located at your company datacenter or in the cloud. Progent's consultants can help your company to configure and maintain VPN connections between your teleworkers and your various IT resources by providing online VPN integration consulting. For organizations using Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco ASA consultants can assist your telecommuters to set up Cisco's popular AnyConnect client software to provide secure VPN tunneling for a broad range of devices including Microsoft Windows, Mac, Apple iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure platforms allow an at-home worker to see and interact with a data center computer's desktop. This technology provides IT managers more control over the computing ecosystem of telecommuters and ensures them a consistent and more productive experience. Progent's virtual desktop services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI consulting.
- Routers connect at-home computer networks to the Internet and typically support VPN tunnels, home wireless connectivity, and firewall services. Progent can provide top-tier remote support for deploying home routers from a range of vendors. See router integration services from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, typically supporting an entire household and guests, are commonly utilized by at-home employees to connect to their Internet router for work. This can create performance as well as security issues. Progent can help businesses to mitigate these problems by delivering services like Cisco Aironet configuration expertise, Cisco-certified Meraki wireless deployment consulting, and Ubiquiti Unifi wireless AP setup assistance.
- Internet access methods affect the performance and availability of connections between at-home workers and the corporate data center. Line-of-business processes may require redundant Internet connections in the event the normal connection breaks. Progent can provide expertise for identifying service providers, selecting appropriate bandwidth and data volume packages, and setting up fault-tolerant Internet connections. Refer to Internet connectivity solutions.
IP Voice Solutions for Telecommuters
Extending the company PBX environment to include teleworkers is vital to supporting an effective at-home workforce. A variety of cloud-centric VoIP products are used by small and mid-size businesses to support remote users. Many enterprises depend on Cisco's modern or older products for IP voice management. Progent can help organizations of any size to design or maintain a telecommuter VoIP environment that provides the flexibility, transparency and security required for at-home workers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice consultants can provide high-level support to assist organizations optimize their current Cisco IP voice systems to handle a growing at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) delivers enterprise telephony features to devices like VoIP phones, media processing platforms, VoIP gateways, and multimedia apps deployed throughout the network. Unified Communications Manager manages other mixed media services like messaging, voice/video conferencing, and team collaboration networks. For more information about Progent's Cisco Unified CM or CUCM support, refer to Cisco Unified CM expertise.
- CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing agent and has been replaced by CUCM. Progent can help you to support your existing CallManager environment or upgrade smoothly to Cisco's modern IP telephony solutions. To find out about Progent's support services for CallManager and Cisco's other early VoIP products, see CallManager expertise.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide integration with public telephony networks and with clients operating outside the corporate firewall
such as telecommuters. Progent offers consulting expertise for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways including the UC520, UC540 and UC560 series and for modern Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway configuration expertise.
- Additional VoIP Products supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can assist you to update your wide area network infrastructure to support these VoIP solutions and deliver online configuration and debugging expertise.
Voice/Video Conferencing for Remote Workers
A broad range of voice/video conferencing platforms from major technology companies support online discussions, video conferencing, chat, and screen/content sharing for both onsite workers and at-home workers. Many companies use a mix of products to accommodate their different partners and customers. Progent's communications experts can assist you to maintain your current voice/video conferencing environment and optimize the productivity of your at-home workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading unified communications platform that enables real-time presence, instant messaging, audio and video conferencing as well as the transparent integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications such as PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent offers the expertise of Microsoft-certified consultants who can assist you to configure and maintain Skype for Business client software to support your remote employees. For details about Progent's consulting services for Skype for Business, visit Skype for Business consulting experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video phone app for iOS and macOS computers and smartphones. FaceTime works over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Current editions of FaceTime support up to 32 simultaneous users for video calls. For details about Progent's consulting services for Apple FaceTime, visit Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports online conferencing for most desktop or mobile devices. Delivered through Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex capabilities include sharing granular content or screens, presentations that embed rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, network-based capture, plus editing and playback for future reference. For details about Progent's support services for Cisco Webex and for additional video conferencing solutions from Cisco, visit Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a hub for conferencing, contacts, and information with features that include video calling, persistent threaded chat, plus data sharing. For details about Progent's support services for Teams and for additional Microsoft 365 apps, see Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Voice/Video Conferencing Apps supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver integration and troubleshooting services for these products and
help you to optimize your WAN architecture to run them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Platforms for Teleworkers
Microsoft's collaboration products are closely integrated with Microsoft's familiar Microsoft Office and Microsoft 365 families, offering a powerful environment of applications that create a cohesive user experience for sharing information throughout a corporate network and on a broad selection of endpoint computers. Progent has delivered remote consulting services for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange Server since their initial publication and can assist businesses to tune these critical collaboration products to maximize the effectiveness of your remote workers.
SharePoint uses web sites to promote collaboration and information sharing by offering policy-driven access to data, workflow, and utilities for searching through enterprise-wide business data. SharePoint enables you to create secure web portals that allows remote workers to see and update consolidated corporate intelligence via Wikis, Blogs, social networking web sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). To learn about Progent's SharePoint consulting services, visit SharePoint configuration and application development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For information about Progent's Exchange expertise, refer to planning and configuration consulting services for Microsoft Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoft's shared cloud-based storage service, comparable to GoogleDrive. At-home users can save files to OneDrive, and co-workers anywhere can share them securely via a browser. Included with Microsoft Office and Microsoft 365, OneDrive enables home employees to jointly author files. Revisions made offline are automatically uploaded when you go back online. To learn about Progent's consulting services for OneDrive, refer to Microsoft Onedrive integration consulting.
Cloud Integration Services for At-Home Workers
Progent can provide fast and affordable remote support for helping businesses to create, manage and troubleshoot cohesive network architectures that combine internal data centers, telecommuters, branches, and cloud services. Progent can provide top-tier consultant for all modes of public cloud service delivery including Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help remote workers resolve issues with public cloud connectivity, authentication, and cybersecurity.
Microsoft Azure is a leading family of cloud software and services that allows you to utilize IT infrastructure, servers, and key apps running on Microsoft's massive cloud. Azure features over one hundred cloud-based services including the ability to host Windows and Linux-based virtual machines, on-demand cloud storage, email and messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and backup/restore. Progent can assist you to deploy VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, configure cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity management with Azure Active Directory, and design data backup and recovery solutions with Azure Backup. Progent can also show you how to establish secure access to Azure services for at-home workers by configuring and troubleshooting firewalls and VPN IPsec tunnels. For details about Progent's support services for Microsoft Azure, refer to Azure consulting services.
Microsoft 365, previously branded Office 365, is Microsoft's popular family of client productivity software and cloud-based services available on a subscription basis. Office applications and services are marketed in a variety of bundles designed for users ranging from individuals and households to major corporations. Progent can provide fast and easy remote contact with experts familiar with Microsoft 365-compatible clients running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent can assist your business to evaluate the numerous subscription plans offered with Microsoft 365 and configure 365 apps for your teleworkers to achieve maximum business value. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft 365, refer to Microsoft 365 integration services.
Exchange Online is one of the most widely used cloud-based applications in the Microsoft 365 product suite. Exchange Online offers the benefits of lower costs for data center infrastructure, simplified management, dynamic scaling, high availability, and additional advantages associated with cloud computing. Microsoft has designed Microsoft 365 Exchange Online to run seamlessly with on-premises Exchange environments, enabling you to build hybrid cloud/onsite information systems. Progent's Exchange consultants can provide occasional assistance to get you past tough IT bottlenecks and also offer comprehensive project management outsourcing to ensure your teleworkers have convenient and safe access to your Exchange Online deployment. For information Progent's expertise for Microsoft 365 Exchange Online, visit Exchange Online integration and support expertise.
Amazon AWS is a pioneer in the public cloud computing market and is the industry's leading source of cloud services. Progent offers quick and economical online access to cloud integration experts who can assist your business to plan, deploy, manage, and troubleshoot hybrid IT networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with on-premises resources and with other public clouds such as Microsoft Azure. Progent also offers the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to assist you to create a high-availability network model to make sure your employees have a consistent computing experience regardless of whether they are working from your main office, a branch office, from home, or on the move. For information about Progent's expertise for Amazon AWS, see Amazon AWS consulting services.
Google Cloud is a popular set of cloud computing services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can help your business to extend your current IT assets with the Google Cloud, and Progent's DBA experts can show you how to make your key apps cloud friendly so your at-home workers can benefit fully from Google Cloud services. Progent can help your business to deploy virtual machines on GCP Compute Engine, design a cost-effective storage system with GCP Storage, and simplify identity control for telecommuters with Google Cloud Identity. Progent's consultants can also help you to use GCP's management technology to administer and track your Google Cloud ecosystem. For details, go to Google Cloud Platform integration services.
Help Desk Support for Remote Workers
A rapid, enterprise-wide switchover to a from-home workforce, which might be motivated by an epidemic or as a component of a disaster recovery/business continuity preparedness plan, can overstretch even a high-performing internal Call Desk. Progent's Help Desk Call Center services make it possible for businesses of any size to outsource or augment their Call Desk with Progent's remote Technical Response Center team.
- Progent's Standard Call Desk services leverage Progent's nationwide team of remote technical support experts combined with enterprise-class trouble ticketing and follow-up software to provide an economical, modern Help Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer a comprehensive solution that addresses all facets of online Level 1 PC technical support from service requests to trouble ticket creation, desktop sharing, problem resolution, and incident reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal enables from-home workers to monitor or update the status of their active trouble tickets, add details, and upload screen captures or relevant files. Support services are provided at a substantial price reduction off Progent's ordinary Level 1 technical service rates, and Progent offers the option of rapid hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 IT specialists to resolve advanced problems. To find out more, see Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small and mid-size businesses.
- Progent's Help Desk Call Center Supplemental Service enables your business to expand your existing Help Desk Call Center staff by splitting responsibilities for Support Desk support transparently between your in-house support personnel and Progent's extensive pool of PC support engineers and subject matter experts. Progent's shared Call Desk service is based on a collective support solution utilizing the leading professional services automation tool for handling help requests and ticketing, establishing ownership, tracking progress, and generating reports. For details about how Progent's Call Center Augmentation Services can enable your company to deliver world-class IT support to your at-home workforce, go to Progent's Call Center augmentation Services.
Security and Compliance for Teleworkers
Work-from-Home staff members typically utilize their personal computers and often work in a poorly secured physical area. This situation increases their vulnerability to malware threats and calls for judicious configuration of firewalls, anti-malware tools, MFA-based identity verification, remote endpoint monitoring, extensive user education, and the creation of policies built on best practices. Progent's veteran team of IT security support experts can assist your business to plan, configure and manage an effective security solution that guards vital IT resources in environments that incorporate remote workers.
Firewalls enable you to create a network that can be securely accessed by local users as well as by teleworkers, mobile users, vendors, customers, and other stakeholders. Next-generation firewall devices allow you to configure and control different access rights to various classes of users and to scale your network and modify your security as your company evolves and as cyber threats become more sophisticated. Progent supports both current and older firewall appliances from all major manufacturers including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, and Fortinet. To learn more about Progent's firewall configuration services, refer to firewall configuration and support expertise.
Online Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it possible to track the disparate computers utilized by teleworkers and either block or identify and respond to modern cyber attacks like ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a small-footprint software agent is put on each protected endpoint device, watching all activity and utilizing advanced AI technology from SentinelOne to identify new attacks at inception. When an attack is discovered, ProSight ASM immediately isolates the infected device from the corporate network to contain the malware. Since the ProSight Active Security Monitoring agent is self-contained, endpoint devices remain protected even when they are not connected to the Internet. Progent is a SentinelOne Partner, reseller, and integrator. For more information about ProSight ASM, visit remote endpoint security monitoring for remote workers.
Progent's Duo MFA services utilize Cisco's Duo cloud technology to defend against compromised passwords through the use of two-factor authentication (2FA). Duo enables one-tap identity verification with Apple iOS, Google Android, and other out-of-band devices. Using 2FA, whenever you sign into a protected online account and give your password you are asked to verify who you are via a device that only you possess and that uses a different ("out-of-band") network channel. A wide range of out-of-band devices can be used for this second means of ID validation including an iPhone or Android or watch, a hardware token, a landline phone, etc. You can register multiple validation devices. For more information about Duo two-factor identity validation services, refer to Cisco Duo MFA two-factor authentication (2FA) services for telecommuters.
Security Audits can evaluate the exposure of your network to all types of external and internal security threats for an environment that includes teleworkers. Progent can run online, automated cybersecurity inventory software for rapidly and economically detecting a broad range of security weaknesses that can be found over the Internet. Progent's security audit consulting services, which can be managed by network security experts with advanced credentials including CISM, CISSP, and GIAC, can help you to evaluate your operations and governance policies and review your IT infrastructure to enable you to implement the highest level of security for your remote workers.
Download White Paper: Securing a Work-From-Home (WFH) Environment
To view or download a white paper describing critical areas to concentrate on for securing a network that incorporates telecommuters, click:
Securing a Work-From-Home Environment White Paper. (PDF - 2.4 MB)
Data Protection for Telecommuters
Data Protection covers saving and recovering vital data in order to avoid data loss and reduce restoration time and effort in case of storage system problems resulting from hardware issues, programming hiccups, human mistakes, malware, or any other reason. Reliable data protection solutions can be especially challenging to design and maintain in hybrid environments that incorporate in-house data centers, cloud resources, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Recovery strategies for remote workers must address multiple kinds of user-owned endpoint devices. Progent can provide fast remote help from consultants knowledgeable about a wide range of products for protection Microsoft Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX servers and desktop computers as well as notebooks, iPads and handhelds. Leading backup/recovery solutions supported by Progent's data protection consultants include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, CrashPlan, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To back up data distributed across a wide area network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a backup/recovery service that utilizes cloud-based storage and includes granular restore and centralized management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) plans commonly envision circumstances that call for a rapid changeover to an at-home workforce. Progent's expert disaster recovery planning experts and business continuity planning consultants can assist you to develop, document and validate a DR/BC strategy that addresses the logistics of moving to telecommuting.
Unified Management for an At-Home Workforce
Microsoft has renamed and reshuffled its endpoint management products under the name Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud management of mobile and remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing local endpoints. Microsoft Endpoint Manager features a unified environment for safeguarding corporate information by managing local, mobile, and home-based endpoint devices.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also features Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and protecting remote devices and applications. Managed endpoint devices can be user owned or business owned. IT administrators managing the endpoint devices of telecommuters can utilize Intune to deploy and authenticate apps on managed devices, push patches and certificates, configure rules for permission to access information and networks, manage passwords, create VPN connections, control how telecommuters share information, set up threat protection, ensure compliance, and erase sensitive data from missing, stolen or decommissioned devices. Microsoft Intune works with iOS/iPadOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X endpoints. For details about Microsoft Intune and how Progent can help you to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to manage the endpoint devices of your teleworkers, see Intune remote device management consultants.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced unified MDM platform that helps network administrators to keep remote endpoint devices current and protected. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch for centralized endpoint management combined with VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery platform for authorization control, app management, and configuration management of endpoints. Workspace ONE operates with devices powered by Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-premises deployment via a perpetual license. Key features of VMware Workspace ONE include rapid remote provisioning of new notebooks, quick onboarding of new users, policy set up and enforcement for all classes of devices, aggregated management reporting and analytics, email encryption, and seamless integration with Microsoft applications and cloud products. For details about Progent's expertise for VMware Workspace ONE, see VMware Workspace ONE remote endpoint management consultants.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Support Services
To contact Progent about building and maintaining a productive work-from-home environment for your Barra da Tijuca, Rio de Janeiro organization, phone 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.