Expanding your telecommuter workforce can have a major impact on network infrastructure, cybersecurity, and corporate workflows. Progent has two decades of background helping SMBs to plan, deploy, manage, optimize, and debug IT environments that incorporate a remote workforce. Progent can help your Barueri-Alphaville company to select the appropriate tools and follow best practices in creating and operating a safe virtual office solution for teleworkers that facilitates collaboration and returns maximum value. Progent can provide services that go from on demand guidance for helping you over occasional technical bottlenecks to full project management or co-management to help you carry out mission-critical initiatives.
Progent's consultants can help Barueri-Alphaville, São Paulo organizations to succeed with any aspect of creating a high-functioning telecommuting ecosystem by providing network infrastructure design and configuration services, VoIP PBX expertise, voice/video conferencing integration, collaboration platform customization and training, cloud integration, helpdesk outsourcing, cybersecurity, backup/restore solutions, and streamlined management.
Infrastructure for an At-Home Workforce
Setting up the network infrastructure required to support a remote workforce can be especially complex if you have to accommodate a mix of worker-owned equipment like PCs and laptops, Internet routers, and wireless appliances from an assortment of manufacturers and with a mix of operating systems and firmware levels. Progent's background providing online support for both outdated and current technologies in remote office venues allows you to make cost-effective use of your available infrastructure and provides you with fast access to expertise for making essential updates. Support services offered by Progent to help you to create a productive telecommuting infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) connectivity makes it possible to create a safe tunnel for authenticated at-home workers to use IT assets located at your corporate data center or in a public cloud. Progent's consultants can assist you to deploy and maintain VPN connections between your at-home workforce and your various network resources by providing remote VPN integration support. For organizations with Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco ASA experts can help your at-home workers to set up Cisco's AnyConnect client software for secure VPN connections for a broad selection of endpoint devices including Windows, macOS, Apple iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure platforms enable a telecommuter to see and interact with a data center PC's desktop. This provides network managers more control over the digital ecosystem of telecommuters and offers remote users a familiar work experience. Progent's virtual desktop services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops expertise.
- Routers connect home networks to the Internet and support VPN tunnels, home wireless networks, and firewalls. Progent offers top-tier remote support for configuring routers from all major manufacturers. See router integration support from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, typically shared by families and guests, are frequently used by at-home employees to access their router for work. This can cause throughput and security problems. Progent can help you to resolve these problems by providing expertise like Aironet integration expertise, Cisco-certified Meraki WiFi installation expertise, and Ubiquiti Unifi wireless AP integration assistance.
- Internet connectivity methods impact the speed and reliability of connections between at-home workers and the corporate data center. Business-critical applications might demand redundant Internet connections in the event the normal connection breaks. Progent offers expertise for selecting ISPs, selecting sensible bandwidth and data volume packages, and configuring redundant Internet access. See Internet connectivity integration services.
IP Voice Integration for an At-Home Workforce
Expanding the business phone environment to include telecommuters is vital to maintaining an effective work-at-home solution. A broad range of cloud-centric VoIP products are popular with small and mid-size businesses to support telecommuters. Many larger organizations rely on Cisco's modern or legacy products for IP voice management. Progent can help organizations of any size to plan or tune a remote IP voice environment that delivers the flexibility, transparency and security required for at-home workers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice experts offer high-level support to help organizations optimize their existing Cisco IP voice systems to handle a growing remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM) extends enterprise telephony features to devices like IP phones, media processing platforms, VoIP gateways, and mixed media apps deployed across the network. Unified Communications Manager supports other mixed media services like messaging, video conferencing, and customer interaction networks. For more information about Progent's CUCM expertise, refer to Cisco Unified CM consultants.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing agent and has been superseded by CUCM. Progent's consultants can help your company to support your current CallManager environment or migrate smoothly to Cisco's modern IP telephony solutions. To learn about Progent's expertise for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other legacy IP voice platforms, refer to CallManager consulting services.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide connectivity with PSTN networks and with clients operating outside the corporate perimeter
such as telecommuters. Progent can provide consulting expertise for Cisco's legacy IP gateways such as the UC520, UC540 and UC560 products and for modern Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway configuration consulting.
- Other VoIP Platforms supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can help you to update your WAN infrastructure to support these solutions and deliver as-needed configuration and troubleshooting expertise.
Video Conferencing for Teleworkers
A broad range of voice/video conferencing products from major vendors support virtual discussions, video and voice conferencing, chat sessions, and screen/content sharing for both onsite users and teleworkers. Many organizations use multiple products to accommodate their different partners and clients. Progent's communications experts can help your organization to maintain your current voice/video conferencing environment and enhance the engagement of your remote employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading unified communications platform that supports real-time presence, instant messaging, voice and video calling and conferencing as well as the transparent integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software such as PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent can provide the skills of Microsoft-certified specialists who can assist your company to configure and manage Skype for Business clients to support your at-home workforce. For details about Progent's consulting services for Skype for Business, visit Skype for Business consulting services.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video phone app for iOS, iPadOS, iPod and Mac devices. FaceTime runs over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Current versions of FaceTime support up to 32 concurrent users for voice/video calls. For details about Progent's support expertise for Apple FaceTime, visit Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports online conferencing for most desktop or mobile devices. Delivered through Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex capabilities include sharing discrete content or computer screens, presentations that embed rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint, network-based recording, plus revision and playback for future reference and training. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Webex as well as for additional IP video solutions from Cisco, refer to Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a portal for conferencing, contacts, and content with capabilities such as voice/video conferencing, persistent threaded chat, plus data sharing. For details about Progent's support expertise for Microsoft Teams and for additional Microsoft 365 apps, see Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Voice/Video Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver configuration and troubleshooting services for these products and
assist your business to tune your WAN infrastructure to host them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Software for At-Home Workers
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are tightly integrated with Microsoft's familiar Microsoft Office and Microsoft 365 suites, providing a powerful environment of productivity apps that deliver a cohesive user experience for exchanging information across a corporate network and on a broad range of endpoint computers. Progent has provided online consulting support for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange Server since their original publication and can help businesses to deploy these critical collaboration products to optimize the effectiveness of your at-home workers.
SharePoint utilizes web sites to facilitate collaboration and knowledge delivery by offering policy-driven access to content, business processes, and tools for looking through enterprise-wide business data. SharePoint permits you to build secure portals that allows at-home workforce to see and update consolidated business intelligence via Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). For details about Progent's SharePoint consulting services, visit SharePoint configuration and development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To find out about Progent's Exchange consulting expertise, refer to integration consulting for Microsoft Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoft's collaborative cloud-based storage service, similar to GoogleDrive. At-home workers can store files to OneDrive, and co-workers can retrieve them safely through a browser. Included with Office and Microsoft 365, OneDrive allows home workers to jointly author documents. Revisions created offline are uploaded when you go back online. To find out about Progent's support services for OneDrive, go to Onedrive configuration consulting.
Cloud Integration for Teleworkers
Progent offers fast and affordable remote support for enabling organizations to build, maintain and troubleshoot cohesive network architectures that combine internal data centers, telecommuters, branches, plus public cloud services. Progent offers expertise for all types of cloud service delivery such as Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help teleworkers fix problems with public cloud access, identity, and cybersecurity.
Azure is a leading platform for cloud services that allows you to utilize IT infrastructure, virtual servers, and key apps hosted on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Azure offers more than one hundred services services such as the ability to host Windows and Linux-powered VMs, on-demand cloud storage, messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and backup/restore. Progent can assist you to set up VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, configure storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity control with Azure AD, and design backup and recovery solutions with Azure Backup. Progent can also help you establish protected access to Azure services for at-home workers by configuring and debugging firewall appliances and VPN IPsec tunnels. To find out about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Azure, visit Azure consulting services.
Microsoft 365, formerly branded Office 365, is Microsoft's growing suite of business productivity software and cloud-based services available by subscription. Office apps and services are marketed in a variety of plans designed for customers ranging from individuals and households to major corporations. Progent offers quick and affordable remote access to experts familiar with Microsoft 365-compatible client devices based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent can help your business to evaluate the various subscription bundles available for Microsoft 365 and deploy 365 applications for your telecommuters to achieve top business value. To find out about Progent's expertise for Microsoft 365, go to Microsoft 365 consulting expertise.
Exchange Online is one of the most popular cloud-based applications in Azure-hosted Microsoft 365 product suite. Exchange Online provides the benefits of reduced spending for physical infrastructure, easier management, dynamic scaling, high reliability, and other advantages associated with public clouds. Microsoft has engineered Exchange Online to operate seamlessly with local Exchange environments, enabling you to build hybrid cloud/onsite networks. Progent's Exchange consultants are available for occasional assistance to guide you through challenging IT roadblocks and also offer end-to-end project management outsourcing to ensure your telecommuters have convenient and safe access to your Microsoft 365 Exchange Online deployment. To find out Progent's support services for Microsoft 365 Exchange Online, visit Microsoft 365 Exchange Online integration and support consulting.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a trailblazer in the public cloud market and is the industry's biggest provider of cloud-based services. Progent can provide fast and economical online contact with cloud connectivity consultants who can help your organization to design, deploy, maintain, and debug hybrid information networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with on-premises data centers and with other public clouds like Microsoft Azure. Progent also offers access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to help your company to build a high-uptime network architecture so your employees have a productive computing experience regardless of whether they are working from your main office, a branch office, at home, or on the move. To find out about Progent's consulting expertise for Amazon AWS, see Amazon AWS consulting services.
Google Cloud is a leading suite of cloud computing services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can help your business to extend your current IT assets with the Google Cloud, and Progent's DBA consultants can help you make your key apps cloud friendly so your telecommuters can benefit fully from Google Cloud Platform services. Progent can help your organization to set up VMs on GCP Compute Engine, plan an efficient storage system with Google Cloud Storage, and streamline access management for teleworkers with GCP Cloud Identity. Progent can also assist you to use GCP's unified management tools to administer and track your Google Cloud ecosystem. For information, refer to Google Cloud Platform (GCP) consulting services.
Help Desk Call Center Support for At-Home Workers
An emergency, company-wide changeover to a telecommuter workforce, which might be driven by an epidemic or as part of a business continuity process, can overstretch even a well-staffed in-house Call Center. Progent's Help Desk services make it possible for businesses of any size to outsource or supplement their Help Desk Call Center with Progent's online Technical Response Center (TRC) team.
- Progent's Standard Call Center support services leverage Progent's extensive network of remote technical support experts along with enterprise-class trouble ticketing and tracking software to provide an economical, advanced Call Center. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer an end-to-end solution that addresses all aspects of online Level 1 desktop technical support from service requests through ticket generation, screen sharing, problem resolution, and incident reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal enables teleworkers to track or edit the status of their current trouble tickets, enter information, and append screen captures and relevant files. Support services are delivered at a significant price reduction off Progent's normal Level 1 desktop service rates, and Progent offers optional rapid hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 support experts to resolve advanced problems. To find out more, refer to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small and mid-size companies.
- Progent's Help Desk Augmentation Service enables your business to expand your current Call Desk organization by splitting delivery of Help Desk services transparently between your regular support organization and Progent's nationwide pool of desktop support technicians and subject matter experts. Progent's shared Support Desk service uses a co-sourcing support model utilizing the number one professional services automation platform for managing service requests and ticketing, assigning responsibility, monitoring progress, and producing management reports. For information about how Progent's Help Desk Augmentation Services can enable your company to provide best-in-class IT support to your at-home workforce, visit Progent's Call Center supplementation Services.
Security for Telecommuters
Work-from-Home employees commonly use their personal computers and usually work in an unsecured physical space. This multiplies their vulnerability to cyber threats and requires judicious configuration of firewalls, AV tools, MFA-based identity verification, remote monitoring, thorough user education, and the creation of policies based on best practices. Progent's seasoned roster of data security solutions experts can assist your business to plan, configure and manage an effective security solution that protects critical information assets in networks that include at-home workers.
Firewalls enable companies to build a network environment that can be safely accessed by local users and by at-home workers, mobile workers, suppliers, customers, and other stakeholders. Modern firewall appliances allow you to assign and manage different permissions to various classes of users and to expand your IT network and adjust your security as your business evolves and as cyber threats grow more sophisticated. Progent works with both new and older security devices from all major vendors including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, and Fortinet. To learn more about Progent's firewall support services, visit firewall configuration and support services.
Remote Endpoint Monitoring makes it possible to watch over the various computers used by teleworkers and either block or identify and mitigate the latest cyber attacks such as ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a small-footprint software agent is installed on each protected endpoint, monitoring all activity and using advanced machine learning from SentinelOne to identify zero-day threats on arrival. When a cyberattack is spotted, ProSight ASM immediately isolates the targeted device from the corporate network to contain the threat. Since the ProSight Active Security Monitoring software agent is self-contained, endpoint devices stay secure even if they are not connected to the Internet. Progent is a SentinelOne Partner, dealer, and integrator. To learn more about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, see remote endpoint security monitoring for telecommuters.
Progent's Duo authentication managed services incorporate Cisco's Duo technology to protect against password theft through the use of two-factor authentication (2FA). Duo supports single-tap identity verification with Apple iOS, Android, and other out-of-band devices. Using 2FA, whenever you sign into a protected application and enter your password you are requested to verify your identity on a device that only you possess and that uses a different ("out-of-band") network channel. A wide range of out-of-band devices can be utilized as this second form of authentication such as a smartphone or wearable, a hardware/software token, a landline telephone, etc. You can register several verification devices. For details about ProSight Duo identity authentication services, refer to Cisco Duo MFA two-factor authentication services for an at-home workforce.
Security Audits can evaluate the vulnerability of your information system to all types of outside and internal security attacks for an environment that incorporates an at-home workforce. Progent can deploy remote, automated security inventory scanning for quickly and economically detecting a broad range of security gaps that can be found via the Internet. Progent's endpoint security assessment consulting services, which can be provided by network security professionals with top certifications including CISM, CISSP, and GIAC, can assist your company to evaluate your operations and governance policies and assess your network infrastructure to allow you to design top-level security for your teleworkers.
Download White Paper: Securing a Work-From-Home (WFH) Network
To view or download a white paper about key things to concentrate on for protecting an IT environment that includes work-from-home staff, click:
Protecting a Work-From-Home Environment White Paper. (PDF - 2.4 MB)
Data Protection Solutions for Telecommuters
Data Protection involves backing up and recovering vital data in order to avoid data loss and minimize recovery time in case of storage system failures due to equipment breakdowns, programming glitches, operator mistakes, malware, or other causes. Reliable data protection solutions can be particularly difficult to design and maintain in hybrid networks that combine private data centers, cloud resources, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Recovery solutions for teleworkers must address multiple types of user-owned endpoint devices. Progent offers fast online access to consultants knowledgeable about a broad array of platforms for protection Microsoft Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX servers and desktop computers as well as laptops, tablets and smartphones. Popular backup/restore solutions maintained by Progent's backup/recovery experts include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, CrashPlan, Mozy, and Time Machine. To protect resources distributed throughout a hybrid network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services, a managed backup/recovery subscription service that uses cloud storage and features granular restore and unified management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) strategies commonly anticipate circumstances that require a temporary switch to a work-at-home environment. Progent's expert disaster recovery planning consultants and business continuity specialists can help your company to create, document and test a DR/BC plan that includes the process of switching to telecommuting.
Unified Management for Telecommuters
Microsoft has rebranded and reshuffled its endpoint management products under the title Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud management of mobile and remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing onsite computers. Microsoft Endpoint Manager provides a centralized solution for safeguarding corporate information by managing local, mobile, and home-based endpoint devices.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also features Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and protecting mobile devices and software. Remote endpoint devices can be personally owned or business owned. Network administrators managing the enrolled endpoint devices of at-home workers can utilize Intune to provision and validate applications on managed devices, push updates and certificates, configure rules for permission to access data and resources, manage passwords, create VPN connections, determine how telecommuters share information, set up threat defense, ensure compliance, and delete corporate information from missing, stolen or decommissioned devices. Microsoft Intune runs with iOS/iPadOS, Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X endpoints. For information about Intune and to find out how Progent can help your company to use this platform to administer the endpoint computers of your telecommuters, refer to Intune remote endpoint management consultants.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich centralized Mobile Device Management (MDM) product that helps network administrators to keep off-premises endpoints up to date and secure. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch technology for unified endpoint administration along with VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery platform for access control, application management, and configuration management of endpoint computers. Workspace ONE runs with devices powered by Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-premises product through a one-time purchase. Key capabilities of Workspace ONE include fast over-the-air provisioning of out-of-the-box laptops, immediate onboarding of new employees, policy set up and enforcement for all classes of devices, aggregated management reporting and analytics, an email encryption gateway, and seamless integration with Microsoft apps and cloud-based products. To learn about Progent's expertise for VMware Workspace ONE, go to VMware Workspace ONE remote endpoint management expertise.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Expertise
To contact Progent about building and managing a productive work-from-home solution for your Barueri-Alphaville, São Paulo company, call 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.