Enlarging your at-home workforce can have a significant effect on IT infrastructure, security/compliance, and corporate culture. Progent has 20 years of experience helping small and mid-size businesses to design, configure, manage, tune, and debug IT networks that incorporate at-home workers. Progent can help your Barueri-Alphaville organization to pick the appropriate technologies and adhere to best practices in building and operating a secure virtual office solution for telecommuters that promotes teamwork and returns maximum business value. Progent offers services ranging from on demand guidance for getting you over challenging IT roadblocks to full project management to help you carry out mission-critical initiatives.
Progent's consultants can help Barueri-Alphaville, São Paulo businesses to with any aspect of building a high-functioning remote work ecosystem by delivering network infrastructure configuration services, IP voice expertise, voice/video conferencing support, collaboration platform customization and training, public cloud integration, Help Desk services, data security, backup/restore solutions, and centralized management.
Network Infrastructure for a Remote Workforce
Setting up the physical and software infrastructure needed to support a remote work environment can be particularly complicated if you must manage a mix of personal equipment like PCs and notebooks, Internet routers, and Wi-Fi appliances from different vendors and with a mix of OS software and firmware levels. Progent's experience delivering remote support for both legacy and modern technologies in virtual office venues enables you to make cost-effective use of your available infrastructure and offers ready access to top-tire consultants for implement necessary upgrades. Services offered by Progent to help your company to create a high-functioning telecommuting infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network technology makes it possible to establish a safe connection for authenticated at-home workers to access IT assets located at your company datacenter or in the cloud. Progent's consultants can assist you to deploy and maintain VPN access between your at-home workforce and your various IT resources by providing remote VPN integration consulting. For businesses with Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA experts can help your remote workers to set up Cisco's popular AnyConnect software for safe VPN tunneling for a broad selection of endpoint devices including Microsoft Windows, macOS, Apple iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure products enable a teleworker to view and use a remote PC's desktop. This provides network managers significant control over the computing environment of at-home employees and offers remote users a consistent and more productive experience. Progent's VDI consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI consulting.
- Routers connect at-home networks to the Internet and support VPN tunnels, home wireless connectivity, and firewall services. Progent can provide top-tier online consulting for deploying home routers from all major manufacturers. See router configuration services from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, typically supporting an entire household and visitors, are commonly utilized by telecommuters to access their Internet router for work. This can cause performance as well as security issues. Progent can assist businesses to mitigate these problems by delivering services like Aironet integration consulting, Cisco Meraki WiFi deployment expertise, and Ubiquiti Unifi WiFi AP setup assistance.
- Internet connectivity solutions affect the speed and reliability of connections between at-home workers and the corporate data center. Vital applications might require backup Internet connections in the event the normal connection fails. Progent can provide guidance for selecting ISPs, choosing sensible service packages, and setting up high-availability Internet connections. Refer to Internet access solutions.
IP Voice Integration for Remote Workers
Expanding the business phone environment to include telecommuters is critical to supporting a productive at-home workforce. A broad range of cloud-based IP voice platforms are popular with small and mid-size businesses to support remote users. Many larger organizations rely on Cisco's current or legacy platforms for IP voice management. Progent can assist organizations of any size to plan or tune a remote IP voice environment that delivers the versatility, convenience and security needed for remote users. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice consultants can provide advanced support to help businesses tune their current Cisco VoIP environments to support an expanding remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM or CUCM) delivers advanced telephony capabilities to devices like IP phones, media processing platforms, Voice over IP gateways, and multimedia apps deployed throughout the network. CUCM supports additional mixed media services like unified messaging, video conferencing, and team interaction networks. For more information about Progent's CUCM support, visit Cisco Unified CM expertise.
- CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing agent and has been superseded by Cisco Unified CM or CUCM. Progent's consultants can assist you to support your existing CallManager deployment or upgrade smoothly to Cisco's current IP telephony products. For details about Progent's expertise for CallManager and Cisco's other legacy IP voice platforms, see CallManager consulting services.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable integration with PSTN networks and with users working beyond the corporate firewall
like telecommuters. Progent offers consulting expertise for Cisco's legacy IP gateways such as the UC520, UC540 and UC560 product lines as well as for modern Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway integration expertise.
- Additional VoIP Platforms supported by Progent include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can assist you to update your wide area network infrastructure to work with these VoIP solutions and deliver on-demand deployment and debugging expertise.
Video Conferencing for At-Home Workers
A broad selection of video conferencing products from major technology companies enable virtual discussions, video and voice conferencing, chat, and screen sharing for both local users and teleworkers. Many organizations utilize multiple conferencing products to accommodate their different partners and customers. Progent can assist your organization to manage your current conferencing environment and enhance the engagement of your at-home workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular communications platform that supports real-time presence, instant messaging, audio and video conferencing as well as the seamless integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software such as PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent can provide the skills of Microsoft-certified specialists who can help your company to deploy and manage Skype for Business clients to accommodate your remote workforce. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Skype for Business, visit Skype for Business consulting services.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video phone platform for iOS, iPadOS, iPod and Mac devices. FaceTime works over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Later editions of FaceTime allow as many as 32 concurrent users for voice/video calls. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Apple FaceTime, visit Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports remote conferencing for virtually all desktop or mobile devices. Offered through Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex services include sharing granular content or screens, presentations that incorporate rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, session capture, plus editing and playback for training. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Webex as well as for other video conferencing products from Cisco, visit Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a portal for conversations, contacts, and information with features such as voice/video calling, threaded chat, plus file sharing. For details about Progent's consulting services for Teams as well as for additional Microsoft 365 apps, see Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Conferencing Apps supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver integration and debugging expertise for these conferencing platforms and
assist your business to tune your WAN infrastructure to host them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Software for an At-Home Workforce
Microsoft's collaboration products are closely integrated with Microsoft's popular Office and Microsoft 365 families, offering a powerful environment of productivity apps that deliver a consistent user interface for exchanging data and ideas throughout a corporate network and on a wide selection of endpoints. Progent has delivered online consulting services for SharePoint and Exchange since their first releases and can assist businesses to deploy these critical collaboration products to maximize the effectiveness of your remote workforce.
SharePoint uses web entities to promote collaboration and knowledge sharing by offering policy-based delivery of data, workflow, and utilities for looking through company-wide business data. SharePoint enables you to create protected web portals that enables at-home workforce to see and update consolidated corporate intelligence via Wikis, Blogs, social networking sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). For details about Progent's SharePoint consulting expertise, go to SharePoint integration and application development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To find out about Progent's Exchange expertise, see planning and configuration consulting services for Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoft's shared cloud-based file hosting and synchronization service, comparable to GoogleDrive. Remote users can store files to OneDrive, and co-workers anywhere can access them securely through a web browser. Included with Microsoft Office and Microsoft 365, OneDrive enables remote employees to co-author documents. Revisions made offline are automatically synced when you reconnect to the Internet. For information about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft OneDrive, refer to Microsoft Onedrive configuration experts.
Public Cloud Integration Services for Teleworkers
Progent offers advanced remote support for enabling businesses to create, manage and optimize cohesive network models that incorporate internal data centers, remote workers, branches, plus cloud resources. Progent offers top-tier consultant for all modes of public cloud service such as Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service. Progent can help teleworkers resolve issues with cloud access, identity, and security.
Microsoft Azure is a popular platform for public cloud services that enables you to use IT infrastructure, servers, and critical apps hosted on Microsoft's massive cloud. Microsoft Azure offers more than one hundred cloud-based services such as hosting for Windows and Linux-powered VMs, on-demand cloud storage, email and messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and data protection. Progent can help your organization to set up VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, configure cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity control with Azure Active Directory, and design data backup and restore systems with Azure Backup. Progent can also show you how to establish protected access to Azure services for telecommuters by configuring and debugging firewalls and VPN IPsec tunnels. To learn about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Azure, go to Azure consulting.
Microsoft 365, previously called Office 365, is Microsoft's growing suite of client productivity software and cloud services available on a subscription basis. Microsoft applications and cloud services are marketed in a variety of plans designed for users ranging from individuals and households to major enterprises. Progent offers fast and affordable remote access to experts knowledgeable about Microsoft 365-compatible client devices running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent can assist you to evaluate the various subscription plans available for Microsoft 365 and deploy 365 apps for your at-home workers in a way that delivers top business value. To learn about Progent's support services for Microsoft 365, refer to Microsoft 365 integration support.
Microsoft 365 Exchange Online is among the most widely used cloud-based applications in Azure-hosted Microsoft 365 product line. Microsoft 365 Exchange Online provides the benefits of reduced costs for data center infrastructure, easier management, on-demand scaling, high availability, and other advantages associated with cloud computing. Microsoft has designed Exchange Online to run transparently with on-premises deployments of Exchange, allowing customers to build hybrid cloud/onsite information systems. Progent's Exchange experts can provide occasional help to get you through challenging IT roadblocks and also offer comprehensive project management outsourcing to make sure your remote workers have easy and safe access to your Exchange Online deployment. For details Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft 365 Exchange Online, see Microsoft 365 Exchange Online integration and troubleshooting expertise.
Amazon AWS is a trailblazer in the public cloud computing market and is the world's leading provider of cloud services. Progent offers rapid and affordable online contact with cloud integration consultants who can assist your organization to design, deploy, manage, and debug hybrid IT networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud services with local resources and with other popular cloud platforms like Azure. Progent also can provide access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to help you to build a high-availability network model so your employees have a productive computing environment whether they are working from your main office, a branch office, from home, or on the road. For information about Progent's consulting expertise for Amazon AWS, refer to Amazon AWS integration services.
Google Cloud Platform is a popular set of cloud services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can assist your organization to extend your existing IT assets with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's database experts can help you make your mission-critical applications cloud ready so your at-home workers can take full advantage of Google Cloud Platform services. Progent can help your business to set up VMs on Google Cloud Compute Engine, design a cost-effective storage solution with GCP Storage, and simplify access management for remote workers with Google Cloud Identity. Progent's experts can also assist your organization to use GCP's unified management technology to administer and track your Google Cloud ecosystem. To find out, go to Google Cloud Platform (GCP) consulting support.
Help Desk Services for Remote Workers
A sudden, enterprise-wide transition to a teleworker workforce, which might be motivated by a pandemic or as a component of a disaster recovery process, can overstretch even a well-staffed in-house Call Center. Progent's Help Desk services allow organizations to outsource or augment their Support Desk with Progent's remote Technical Response Center (TRC) services.
- Progent's Standard Call Center services leverage Progent's nationwide team of online IT support specialists along with world-class ticketing and follow-up technology to provide an affordable, state-of-the-art Call Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide a comprehensive solution that handles all facets of online Level 1 PC support from initial help requests to ticket creation, screen sharing, problem resolution, and reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal enables telecommuters to check or edit their current trouble tickets, add details, and upload screen captures and relevant files. Desktop support services are delivered at a significant price reduction off Progent's normal Level 1 technical support charges, and Progent makes available optional rapid hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 support specialists to deal with advanced problems. For details, visit Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small and mid-size companies.
- Progent's Support Desk Augmentation Service allows your business to supplement your current Call Center staff by splitting responsibilities for Help Desk services seamlessly between your in-house support organization and Progent's extensive team of desktop support engineers and subject matter specialists. Progent's co-managed Support Desk service uses a collective support model based on the number one professional services automation tool for handling service requests and ticketing, assigning ownership, monitoring progress, and producing reports. To find out how Progent's Call Desk Supplementation Services can help your business to deliver world-class desktop support to your at-home employees, visit Progent's Call Desk supplementation Services.
Cybersecurity for Telecommuters
Work-from-Home staff members commonly utilize their own computers and often work in an unsecured physical area. This situation increases their vulnerability to cyber attacks and requires careful deployment of corporate firewalls, anti-malware tools, multi-factor authentication, remote monitoring, intensive end-user education, and the creation of security policies based on best practices. Progent's seasoned group of data security support consultants can help your business to plan, deploy and manage an effective cybersecurity solution that protects critical IT resources in environments that incorporate remote workers.
Firewalls enable companies to build a network environment that can be securely accessed by local users as well as by an at-home workforce, mobile workers, suppliers, customers, and other stakeholders. Next-generation firewall appliances allow you to configure and manage different access rights to various groups of users and to expand your IT network and adjust your cybersecurity posture as your company evolves and as cyber threats become more sophisticated. Progent supports both current and legacy security appliances from all major vendors including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, and Fortinet. For details about Progent's firewall configuration expertise, go to firewall support expertise.
Remote Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it possible to watch over the disparate computers used by an at-home workforce and either block or identify and mitigate the latest cyber attacks such as ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a small-footprint agent is installed on every protected endpoint device, monitoring all activity and utilizing state-of-the-art machine learning and full execution context from SentinelOne to detect zero-day attacks before they can spread. When an attack is spotted, ProSight ASM immediately isolates the targeted device from the network to contain the malware. Because the ProSight Active Security Monitoring agent is autonomous, endpoint devices remain secure even when they are not connected to the Internet. Progent is a SentinelOne Partner, dealer, and integrator. For more information about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, refer to remote endpoint security monitoring for an at-home workforce.
Progent's Duo authentication Service Plans utilize Cisco's Duo technology to defend against stolen passwords through the use of two-factor authentication (2FA). Duo enables single-tap identity confirmation with iOS, Android, and other out-of-band devices. Using 2FA, whenever you sign into a protected online account and give your password you are asked to confirm who you are via a unit that only you have and that uses a different network channel. A broad range of devices can be utilized for this added form of authentication including a smartphone or wearable, a hardware/software token, a landline telephone, etc. You may register several verification devices. To find out more about Duo identity authentication services, refer to Cisco Duo MFA two-factor authentication services for an at-home workforce.
Security Audits can evaluate the exposure of your information system to all types of outside and internal security attacks for a network that incorporates an at-home workforce. Progent can run remote, automated security analysis scanning for quickly and economically uncovering a wide variety of security gaps that can be surfaced over the Internet. Progent's endpoint security assessment consulting services, which can be managed by security experts with advanced certifications including CISA, ISSAP, and GIAC, can help you to evaluate your workflows and governance policies and review your IT architecture to enable you to implement the highest level of security for your telecommuters.
Horizon3.ai's NodeZero Pentest Platform is a breakthrough penetration test (pentest) product family that can deliver automated threat assessment of your at-home connectivity solution as well as your internal and perimeter networks so you can identify, rank, remediate, and verify cybersecurity vulnerabilities before malicious hackers can exploit them. Progent's pentest experts can assist you to deploy NodeZero to carry out thorough penetration tests of your network perimeter and your internal IT infrastructure in order to determine your current security profile. Progent can also help you to harden your existing network security and can help you to design and implement a unified cybersecurity ecosystem that simplifies management and delivers optimum protection for on-premises, cloud-based, at-home, and perimeter IT assets. To find out additional details about Progent's vulnerability analysis services based on on NodeZero's penetration test products, refer to Consulting Services for NodeZero's Penetration Test Products.
Download White Paper: Protecting a Work-From-Home (WFH) Environment
To view or download a white paper describing critical things to focus on for securing an IT environment that incorporates telecommuters, click:
Protecting a Work-From-Home Environment White Paper. (PDF - 2.4 MB)
Data Protection Solutions for Teleworkers
Data Protection involves backing up and restoring vital data so as to avoid data loss and reduce restoration time in case of storage failures resulting from equipment issues, programming hiccups, human error, malware, or other causes. Reliable data protection strategies can be particularly challenging to architect and maintain in hybrid environments that combine private data centers, cloud resources, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Restore strategies for at-home workers must address diverse types of personally owned endpoints. Progent offers quick remote access to experts knowledgeable about a wide range of products for backing up Microsoft Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX servers and desktops as well as notebooks, iPads and smartphones. Popular backup/recovery solutions maintained by Progent's data protection consultants include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, CrashPlan, Mozy, and Time Machine. To protect data spread throughout a wide area network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services, a backup/recovery service that utilizes cloud-based storage and includes fine-grained restore and centralized management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity strategies commonly envision circumstances that require a temporary changeover to an at-home workforce. Progent's senior disaster recovery planning consultants and business continuity specialists can assist you to create, document and validate a DR/BC strategy that includes the logistics of moving to telecommuting.
Unified Management for At-Home Workers
Microsoft has rebranded and rebundled its endpoint management platforms under the name Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud management of mobile and remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing onsite computers. Endpoint Manager features a unified environment for protecting critical information by managing on-premises, mobile, and at-home endpoint devices.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also includes Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and protecting remote devices and applications. Managed endpoint devices can be personally owned or business owned. IT administrators managing the enrolled endpoint devices of teleworkers can utilize Intune to deploy and validate applications on managed devices, push patches and certificates, set up rules for accessing information and resources, manage passwords, create VPN tunnels, determine how home-based workers share information, set up threat protection, ensure compliance, and wipe sensitive data from missing, stolen or decommissioned endpoint devices. Microsoft Intune runs with iOS/iPadOS, Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X endpoints. For information about Intune and to find out how Progent can help your company to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to administer the devices of your at-home workers, go to Intune telecommuter endpoint management expertise.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich centralized Mobile Device Management (MDM) platform that allows network administrators to keep remote endpoints up to date and protected. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch for unified endpoint management plus VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery platform for access control, application management, and configuration management of endpoints. Workspace ONE operates with devices based on Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or leading distros of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-site product via a one-time purchase. Top features of VMware Workspace ONE include fast over-the-air provisioning of out-of-the-box notebooks, quick onboarding of new users, policy set up and enforcement for all classes of endpoints, unifies reporting and analytics, an email encryption gateway, and tight integration with Microsoft apps and cloud products. To learn about Progent's support for VMware Workspace ONE, visit VMware Workspace ONE remote device management consultants.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Expertise
To get in touch with Progent about creating and maintaining an efficient work-from-home environment for your Barueri-Alphaville, São Paulo business, phone 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.