Enlarging your telecommuter workforce can have a significant effect on network infrastructure, cybersecurity, and company workflows. Progent has two decades of background assisting SMBs to design, configure, administer, optimize, and debug IT environments that incorporate work-from-home employees. Progent can assist your Barueri-Alphaville company to select the appropriate technologies and adhere to leading practices in creating and maintaining a safe virtual office ecosystem for telecommuters that facilitates collaboration and returns maximum business value. Progent offers support services that go from as-needed expertise for getting you over challenging IT bottlenecks to comprehensive project management or co-management to help you successfully complete mission-critical initiatives.
Progent can assist Barueri-Alphaville, São Paulo organizations to with any facet of building a high-functioning work-from-home environment by providing infrastructure configuration services, IP voice expertise, voice/video conferencing support, collaboration platform customization and training, public cloud integration, Help Desk outsourcing, endpoint security, backup/restore solutions, and centralized management.
Infrastructure for an At-Home Workforce
Integrating the physical and software infrastructure required to support an at-home workforce can be particularly complex if you have to manage a mix of personal hardware such as PCs and laptops, Internet routers, and wireless appliances from an assortment of manufacturers and with a variety of operating systems and firmware releases. Progent's experience providing remote support for both legacy as well as current technologies in remote office venues allows you to make efficient use of your available network infrastructure and offers fast access to top-tire consultants for implement necessary upgrades. Services available from Progent to help you to implement a productive work-at-home ecosystem include:
- VPN technology allows you to establish a safe connection for authorized at-home employees to access IT assets located at your company data center or in a public cloud. Progent can help you to deploy and maintain VPN connections between your teleworkers and your key IT resources by providing online VPN integration support. For organizations with Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA consultants can help your remote workers to utilize Cisco's AnyConnect client software for safe VPN tunneling for a wide range of devices such as Microsoft Windows, macOS, Apple iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) platforms enable a teleworker to view and interact with a remote PC's desktop. This technology gives network managers significant control over the computing environment of at-home employees and ensures remote users a familiar experience. Progent's VDI services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI expertise.
- Routers connect at-home networks to the Internet and support VPN connections, local Wi-Fi connectivity, and firewall services. Progent offers top-tier remote consulting for integrating routers from a range of manufacturers. See router integration services from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, typically supporting families and visitors, are frequently used by telecommuters to connect to their Internet router for work. This can cause performance and security issues. Progent can assist you to mitigate these problems by providing expertise that include Aironet integration expertise, Cisco Meraki WiFi installation consulting, and Ubiquiti wireless AP integration help.
- Internet access solutions impact the speed and reliability of connections between telecommuters and the corporate network. Line-of-business applications might require redundant Internet access in case the primary connection fails. Progent can provide guidance for picking Internet service providers, selecting sensible bandwidth and data volume offerings, and configuring redundant Internet connections. Refer to Internet access solutions.
VoIP Solutions for Telecommuters
Expanding the business PBX system to include telecommuters is critical to supporting a productive at-home workforce. A variety of cloud-centric VoIP products are popular with small and mid-size businesses to server telecommuters. Many larger organizations depend on Cisco's modern or legacy platforms for VoIP solutions. Progent can assist organizations of any size to design or tune a telecommuter IP voice environment that delivers the versatility, convenience and security required for at-home workers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice consultants can provide advanced support to help organizations optimize their current Cisco IP voice systems to handle an expanding remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM) extends advanced telephony capabilities to devices like VoIP phones, media processing platforms, VoIP gateways, and multimedia applications used across the network. Unified Communications Manager supports additional mixed media services like messaging, video conferencing, and team collaboration networks. For more information about Progent's CUCM support, refer to Cisco Unified Communications Manager consulting services.
- CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing software and has been superseded by Cisco Unified CM or CUCM. Progent can assist your company to maintain your existing CallManager deployment or migrate smoothly to Cisco's modern IP telephony solutions. To learn about Progent's expertise for CallManager and Cisco's other early VoIP products, see Cisco CallManager consulting services.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable connectivity with public telephony networks and with clients operating outside the corporate perimeter
such as telecommuters. Progent can provide consulting expertise for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways such as the UC520, UC540 and UC560 products and for current Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway integration consulting.
- Additional VoIP Platforms supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can help you to expand your wide area network architecture to support these VoIP solutions and deliver as-needed deployment and debugging expertise.
Video Conferencing for At-Home Workers
A wide selection of voice/video conferencing platforms from major vendors support online discussions, video conferencing, chat, and content sharing for both local users and telecommuters. Many companies use a mix of conferencing products to accommodate their different partners and clients. Progent can assist your organization to maintain your existing conferencing ecosystem and enhance the productivity of your at-home employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading unified communications platform that supports presence, instant messaging, audio and video calling and conferencing as well as the seamless integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent can provide the skills of Microsoft-certified specialists who can help you to configure and manage Skype for Business client software to support your at-home employees. For details about Progent's consulting services for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business consulting services.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video calling platform for iOS, iPadOS, iPod and macOS devices. FaceTime runs on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Later editions of FaceTime support up to 32 concurrent users for voice/video sessions. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for FaceTime, see Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports remote conferencing for most desktop or mobile devices. Delivered via Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex services include sharing specific content or computer screens, presentations that embed rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, network-based recording, plus revision and playback for training. To learn more about Progent's support services for Webex as well as for other video conferencing products from Cisco, refer to Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams provides a portal for conversations, contacts, and content with capabilities such as voice/video conferencing, threaded chat, plus data sharing. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Teams as well as for other Office 365 products, refer to Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Voice/Video Conferencing Apps supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver configuration and debugging services for these conferencing platforms and
assist you to optimize your network architecture to run them.
Microsoft Collaboration Software for Telecommuters
Microsoft's collaboration products are closely integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office and Microsoft 365 suites, providing a powerful ecosystem of productivity apps that deliver a cohesive user interface for exchanging data and ideas throughout multiple sites and on a wide selection of endpoint computers. Progent has delivered online consulting support for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange since their first releases and can assist your company to deploy these critical collaboration platforms to maximize the effectiveness of your remote workers.
SharePoint uses web sites to promote collaboration and information delivery by offering policy-driven access to data, workflow, and tools for looking through company-wide business data. SharePoint permits you to build secure portals that allows remote workforce to view and edit consolidated business intelligence by means of Wikis, Blogs, social networking web sites, and Web Parts. To find out about Progent's SharePoint consulting expertise, see SharePoint configuration and development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For information about Progent's Exchange expertise, visit integration expertise for Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoft’s shared cloud-based storage service, comparable to GoogleDrive. At-home users can store files to the OneDrive service, and co-workers can retrieve them safely via a browser. Included with Microsoft 365, OneDrive enables at-home employees to co-edit files. Revisions made offline are synced when you reconnect to the Internet. For information about Progent's consulting services for OneDrive, visit Microsoft Onedrive configuration experts.
Public Cloud Integration for Remote Workers
Progent can provide fast and affordable remote support for enabling businesses to build, manage and troubleshoot cohesive hybrid network architectures that combine internal data centers, teleworkers, branches, plus cloud services. Progent offers top-tier consultant for all modes of cloud service delivery including Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help remote workers fix problems with public cloud access, identity, and cybersecurity.
Azure is a popular platform for cloud software and services that allows you to utilize infrastructure, servers, and key applications running on Microsoft's massive cloud. Azure includes over one hundred cloud-based services such as hosting for Windows and Linux-based VMs, on-demand cloud storage, messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and backup/restore. Progent can help your organization to set up virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, configure cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity management with Azure Active Directory, and design data backup and restore systems with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also help you create secure connections to Azure services for telecommuters by configuring and debugging firewalls and VPN tunnels. To find out about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Azure, visit Microsoft Azure consulting services.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing suite of client productivity software and cloud services offered on a subscription basis. Microsoft apps and services are marketed in a selection of plans designed for customers ranging from students and small offices to major corporations. Progent offers quick and easy online contact with consultants knowledgeable about Office 365-compatible clients based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent can help you to assess the various subscription bundles available for Office 365 and configure 365 apps for your remote workers in a way that delivers maximum business value. To find out about Progent's expertise for Microsoft Office 365, go to Microsoft 365 consulting support.
Microsoft 365 Exchange Online is among the most popular applications in Azure-hosted Office 365 product line. Microsoft 365 Exchange Online provides the advantages of lower spending for physical infrastructure, simplified management, on-demand scaling, high reliability, and additional advantages associated with cloud computing. Microsoft has designed Office 365 Exchange Online to operate seamlessly with on-premises deployments of Exchange, allowing customers to build hybrid cloud/onsite networks. Progent's Exchange experts can provide occasional assistance to guide you through tough technical bottlenecks and can also provide end-to-end project management services to make sure your remote workers have convenient and safe access to your Exchange Online deployment. For details Progent's expertise for Microsoft 365 Exchange Online, go to Office 365 Exchange Online integration and troubleshooting consulting.
Amazon AWS is a trailblazer in the public cloud arena and is the industry's leading provider of cloud services. Progent offers quick and economical online access to cloud integration experts who can assist your business to design, implement, maintain, and troubleshoot hybrid information networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud services with local resources and with other popular cloud platforms like Azure. Progent also offers the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to help your company to build a high-availability network model to make sure your employees have a consistent computing experience whether they are working from your headquarters, a remote branch, at home, or on the road. To find out about Progent's expertise for Amazon AWS, see Amazon AWS consulting support.
Google Cloud Platform (GCP) is a leading set of cloud computing services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can assist you to expand your current IT resources with the Google Cloud, and Progent's DBA experts can show you how to make your key apps cloud ready so your remote workers can take full advantage of Google Cloud Platform services. Progent can assist your business to set up VMs on GCP Compute Engine, design a cost-effective storage system with Google Cloud Storage services, and simplify identity control for telecommuters with GCP Cloud Identity. Progent's experts can also help your organization to utilize GCP's management technology to administer and track your Google Cloud ecosystem. For details, visit Google Cloud Platform (GCP) consulting services.
Help Desk Call Center Support for Remote Workers
An emergency, company-wide transition to a teleworker workforce, which could be activated by a pandemic or as part of a disaster recovery/business continuity preparedness plan, can overstretch even the most efficient internal Help Desk. Progent's Help Desk Call Center services make it possible for businesses of any size to outsource or augment their Support Desk by using Progent's online Technical Response Center (TRC) team.
- Progent's Standard Support Desk support services utilize Progent's nationwide team of online IT support experts combined with enterprise-class ticketing and tracking software to offer an affordable, advanced Help Desk Call Center. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer a comprehensive solution that addresses all facets of remote Level 1 desktop technical support from initial service requests to ticket creation, desktop sharing, problem resolution, and incident reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal enables teleworkers to check or revise their active trouble tickets, add information, and append screenshots and attachments. Desktop support services are provided at a significant price reduction off Progent's ordinary Level 1 technical support charges, and Progent offers optional fast escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 support specialists to resolve advanced issues. To find out more, refer to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small companies.
- Progent's Call Center Supplemental Service enables your company to supplement your current Help Desk Call Center organization by sharing responsibilities for Call Desk services transparently between your regular IT support organization and Progent's nationwide roster of desktop support technicians and subject matter experts. Progent's shared Call Center service uses a collaborative support model utilizing the leading professional services automation platform for handling service requests and ticketing, assigning ownership, monitoring progress, and producing management reports. For details about how Progent's Call Center Augmentation Services can help your company to provide world-class desktop support to your teleworkers, visit Progent's Help Desk Call Center supplementation Services.
Security and Compliance for At-Home Workers
Telecommuters often run their own computing devices and work in an unsecured area. This increases their exposure to cyber threats and demands careful use of firewalls, remote endpoint monitoring, and the creation of security policies based on best practices. Progent's seasoned roster of certified data security professionals can help your business to plan, implement and administer a modern security environment that protects critical information in IT networks that incorporate remote workers.
- Firewalls allow companies to create a network that can be safely utilized by on-premises users and by teleworkers, mobile users, vendors, clients, and the public. Next-generation firewall appliances allow you to assign and manage appropriate permissions to various groups of users and to scale your network and adjust your security profile as your business evolves and as network attacks become more sophisticated. Progent works with both current and legacy security devices from all major manufacturers including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. To learn more about Progent's firewall configuration expertise, see firewall integration and support expertise.
- Remote Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it possible to track the disparate devices utilized by at-home workers and either block or spot and mitigate modern cyber attacks such as ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a lightweight software agent is installed on each protected endpoint, watching all activity and utilizing state-of-the-art machine learning to detect zero-day attacks on arrival. When a cyberattack is spotted, ProSight Active Security Monitoring instantly disconnects the impacted endpoint device from the network to quarantine the threat. Since the ProSight Active Security Monitoring agent is autonomous, endpoint devices remain secure even if they are disconnected from the Internet. For details about ProSight ASM, go to remote endpoint security monitoring for at-home workers.
- Security Audits can evaluate the vulnerability of your information system to all types of external and internal security attacks for an environment that incorporates teleworkers. Progent can run online, automated cybersecurity analysis software for quickly and economically detecting a wide variety of security gaps that can be found via the Internet. Progent's endpoint security audit experts, which can be provided by network security professionals with advanced credentials such as CISM, CISSP, and GIAC, can assist you to audit your processes and policies and assess your IT infrastructure to enable you to implement the highest level of security for your teleworkers.
Data Protection Solutions for Remote Workers
The field of Data Protection covers backing up and restoring critical information so as to prevent data loss and reduce restoration time in case of storage problems resulting from hardware breakdowns, software glitches, operator error, malware, or any other reason. Reliable data protection strategies can be especially difficult to design and maintain in hybrid environments that combine in-house data centers, public clouds, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Restore strategies for at-home workers must address diverse types of user-owned endpoint devices. Progent can provide quick remote access to experts familiar with a broad array of platforms for backing up Microsoft Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktop computers as well as notebooks, tablets and smartphones. Popular backup/recovery products maintained by Progent's data protection experts include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, CrashPlan, Mozy, and Time Machine. To protect data spread across a wide area network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services, a managed backup/recovery subscription service that uses cloud storage and includes granular restore and centralized management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity plans typically anticipate scenarios that call for a quick switch to a work-at-home environment. Progent's senior disaster recovery planning consultants and business continuity planning specialists can help your business to produce, document and validate a DR/BC plan that includes the logistics of moving to telecommuting.
Unified Management for an At-Home Workforce
Microsoft has rebranded and rebundled its endpoint management products under the title Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud-based management of remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing onsite endpoints. Endpoint Manager provides a centralized solution for protecting corporate information by controlling on-premises, mobile, and at-home endpoint devices.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also includes Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and protecting remote devices and software. Managed endpoint devices can be user owned or business owned. IT admins managing the endpoint devices of teleworkers can use Intune to deploy and authenticate applications on devices, push updates and certificates, set up rules for accessing information and resources, manage passwords, establish VPN tunnels, control how telecommuters share data, set up threat defense, ensure compliance, and erase sensitive data from missing, stolen or deactivated endpoint devices. Intune runs with Apple iOS, Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X devices. For information about Intune and how Progent can help your company to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to manage the endpoint computers of your telecommuters, visit Intune telecommuter endpoint management expertise.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich unified Mobile Device Management product that helps network administrators to keep remote endpoint devices current and protected. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch technology for centralized endpoint management plus VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery technology for identity control, application management, and configuration management of endpoint computers. Workspace ONE operates with devices based on Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-premises product via a perpetual license. Top capabilities of Workspace ONE include rapid over-the-air deployment of out-of-the-box laptops, immediate onboarding of new employees, policy setting and enforcement for all classes of devices, aggregated reporting and performance analytics, email encryption, and tight integration with Microsoft apps and cloud products. For information about Progent's support for VMware Workspace ONE, refer to VMware Workspace ONE mobile endpoint management expertise.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Expertise
To get in touch with Progent about creating and managing a productive work-from-home environment for your Barueri-Alphaville, São Paulo organization, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.