Expanding your telecommuter workforce can have a significant impact on IT architecture, cybersecurity, and company processes. Progent has 20 years of experience assisting businesses of all sizes to design, configure, manage, tune, and debug IT networks that support a remote workforce. Progent can assist your Barueri-Alphaville company to select the appropriate tools and follow leading practices in building and operating a safe virtual office ecosystem for telecommuters that facilitates teamwork and returns maximum business value. Progent offers services that go from on demand guidance for getting you past challenging IT bottlenecks to comprehensive project management or co-management to help you carry out business-critical initiatives.
Progent can assist Barueri-Alphaville, São Paulo businesses to with any aspect of building a high-performing work-from-home ecosystem by providing network infrastructure design and configuration services, VoIP PBX troubleshooting, video conferencing support, collaboration platform selection and deployment, public cloud connectivity, helpdesk services, cybersecurity, data protection solutions, and streamlined management.
Infrastructure for Telecommuters
Setting up the network infrastructure needed for an at-home work environment can be especially challenging if you must manage a combination of worker-owned equipment like PCs and laptops, Internet routers, and wireless appliances from an assortment of manufacturers and with a variety of operating systems and firmware levels. Progent's experience providing online support for both outdated as well as current technologies in virtual office solutions enables you to make cost-effective use of your available network infrastructure and provides you with ready access to top-tire consultants for implement necessary upgrades. Services offered by Progent to help you to create a high-functioning telecommuting infrastructure include:
- VPN connectivity allows you to create a secure tunnel for authenticated at-home workers to use IT resources situated at your company datacenter or in the cloud. Progent can assist you to deploy and maintain VPN connections between your teleworkers and your various IT resources by providing online VPN configuration support. For businesses with Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco ASA experts can assist your remote workers to set up Cisco's popular AnyConnect software to provide safe VPN connections for a broad selection of endpoint devices such as Microsoft Windows, Mac, Apple iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) products allow a telecommuter to view and interact with a remote computer's desktop. This provides network managers significant control over the computing environment of at-home employees and offers them a familiar experience. Progent's virtual desktop consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI expertise.
- Routers attach home computer networks to the Internet and typically support VPN connections, home Wi-Fi networks, and firewalls. Progent can provide expert remote support for configuring home routers from a variety of vendors. See router integration services from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, typically supporting families and guests, are commonly used by at-home employees to access their router for work. This can cause performance and cybersecurity issues. Progent can assist businesses to resolve these problems by providing expertise like Aironet configuration consulting, Cisco-certified Meraki wireless installation expertise, and Ubiquiti Unifi WiFi AP integration help.
- Internet connectivity solutions affect the speed and reliability of connections between telecommuters and the company data center. Mission-critical applications might require redundant Internet connections in case the primary connection breaks. Progent offers guidance for identifying service providers, selecting appropriate bandwidth and data volume offerings, and setting up fault-tolerant Internet access. See Internet connectivity solutions.
VoIP Solutions for Remote Workers
Expanding the business PBX system to accommodate teleworkers is critical to maintaining an effective work-at-home solution. A variety of cloud-based VoIP products are used by SMBs to support telecommuters. Many enterprises depend on Cisco's current or legacy products for IP voice management. Progent can assist businesses of all sizes to plan or tune a remote VoIP service that delivers the flexibility, transparency and security required for at-home workers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice experts can provide high-level support to assist businesses optimize their current Cisco VoIP environments to handle an expanding at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM or CUCM) extends advanced IP telephony features to devices like IP phones, media processing platforms, VoIP gateways, and mixed media applications used across the network. CUCM supports additional mixed media services such as unified messaging, video conferencing, and team collaboration networks. For details about Progent's CUCM expertise, refer to Cisco Unified CM consulting services.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing agent and has been replaced by CUCM. Progent can help your company to maintain your current CallManager environment or upgrade efficiently to Cisco's modern IP telephony solutions. For details about Progent's expertise for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other legacy IP voice products, refer to CallManager consulting.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable integration with PSTN networks and with clients operating beyond the corporate perimeter
like telecommuters. Progent offers expert support for Cisco's legacy IP gateways like the UC520, UC540 and UC560 series as well as for current Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway integration expertise.
- Other VoIP Platforms supported by Progent include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can assist you to enhance your wide area network architecture to work with these VoIP solutions and provide as-needed deployment and troubleshooting services.
Voice/Video Conferencing for Telecommuters
A wide range of voice/video conferencing platforms from leading vendors support virtual meetings, video conferencing, chat sessions, and screen/content sharing for both onsite users and at-home workers. Many organizations utilize multiple products to meet the needs of their various partners and clients. Progent can assist you to maintain your current conferencing environment and enhance the experience of your at-home employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular communications product that supports real-time presence, instant messaging, audio and video conferencing as well as the seamless integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications including PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent offers the skills of Microsoft-certified consultants who can assist you to deploy and manage Skype for Business clients to support your remote workforce. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business integration experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video calling platform for compatible iOS and Mac devices. FaceTime works over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Later versions of FaceTime support up to 32 concurrent users for voice/video sessions. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Apple FaceTime, visit Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports online conferencing for virtually all desktop or mobile devices. Delivered via Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex capabilities include sharing granular content or computer screens, presentations that incorporate rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint, session capture, plus revision and playback for training. For details about Progent's consulting services for Cisco Webex as well as for additional IP video products from Cisco, refer to Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a portal for conferencing, contacts, and content with capabilities such as video conferencing, threaded chat, plus file sharing. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Teams and for additional Office 365 products, visit Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Voice/Video Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver integration and troubleshooting expertise for these products and
help you to tune your WAN architecture to run them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Software for an At-Home Workforce
Microsoft's collaboration products are tightly integrated with Microsoft's popular Office and Microsoft 365 suites, offering a rich environment of applications that deliver a consistent user experience for exchanging information throughout a corporate network and on a wide selection of endpoints. Progent has delivered remote consulting support for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange Server since their first releases and can assist businesses to tune these critical collaboration products to maximize the productivity of your remote workers.
SharePoint utilizes web sites to allow collaboration and information sharing by offering policy-based delivery of content, workflow, and utilities for looking through company-wide information silos. SharePoint permits you to create protected portals that allows at-home workforce to see and update consolidated business intelligence via Wikis, Blogs, social web sites, and Web Parts. To learn about Progent's SharePoint consulting expertise, refer to SharePoint integration and development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For information about Progent's Exchange consulting expertise, go to integration expertise for Microsoft Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoft’s collaborative cloud file hosting and synchronization service, similar to GoogleDrive. At-home workers can store files to OneDrive, and co-workers anywhere can share them securely via a browser. Included with Microsoft 365, OneDrive allows at-home employees to jointly author documents. Revisions created offline are uploaded when you go back online. To learn about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft OneDrive, refer to Onedrive integration consulting.
Cloud Integration Services for Telecommuters
Progent can provide advanced online support for enabling businesses to build, manage and troubleshoot cohesive network models that combine internal data centers, teleworkers, branch offices, plus public cloud resources. Progent offers expertise for all modes of cloud service delivery including Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help teleworkers fix issues with public cloud access, authentication, and security.
Microsoft Azure is a leading family of public cloud services that allows you to utilize IT infrastructure, servers, and critical apps hosted on Microsoft's massive cloud. Azure includes over 100 cloud-based services such as the ability to host Windows and Linux-powered VMs, on-demand cloud storage, email and messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and data protection. Progent can assist your organization to deploy VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity control with Azure Active Directory, and design data backup and recovery systems with Azure Backup. Progent can also show you how to create secure access to Azure services for telecommuters by setting up and debugging firewall appliances and VPN tunnels. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Azure, go to Microsoft Azure consulting.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's popular suite of business productivity applications and cloud-based services available by subscription. Microsoft apps and cloud services are marketed in a variety of plans intended for customers ranging from individuals and households to major corporations. Progent offers fast and easy remote contact with experts familiar with Microsoft 365-compatible client devices running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent's experts can help you to assess the various subscription bundles available for Office 365 and deploy 365 applications for your telecommuters in a way that delivers top business value. To find out about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Office 365, visit Office 365 integration services.
Exchange Online is among the most widely used applications in Azure-hosted Office 365 product line. Exchange Online offers the advantages of reduced costs for physical infrastructure, simplified management, on-demand scaling, high availability, and additional advantages associated with cloud computing. Microsoft has designed Microsoft 365 Exchange Online to run smoothly with local deployments of Exchange, enabling you to build hybrid cloud/onsite networks. Progent's Exchange consultants are available for as-needed help to get you past tough IT bottlenecks and can also provide end-to-end project management services to ensure your telecommuters have convenient and secure access to your Exchange Online deployment. For details Progent's consulting expertise for Exchange Online, visit Office 365 Exchange Online configuration and support consulting.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a trailblazer in the public cloud market and is the industry's leading source of cloud services. Progent offers fast and economical online contact with cloud connectivity consultants who can assist your organization to plan, implement, manage, and debug hybrid information networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with on-premises data centers and with other popular cloud platforms such as Microsoft Azure. Progent also can provide access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to help your company to create a high-availability network model to make sure your employees have a consistent computing environment whether they are working from your headquarters, a remote branch, from home, or on the move. For details about Progent's support services for Amazon AWS, refer to Amazon AWS consulting services.
Google Cloud Platform (GCP) is a leading suite of cloud services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can help your organization to extend your current IT assets with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's DBA consultants can show you how to make your key apps cloud friendly so your teleworkers can take full advantage of Google Cloud services. Progent's consultants can assist your organization to deploy VMs on Google Cloud Compute Engine, design a cost-effective storage solution with Google Cloud Storage services, and streamline identity management for remote workers with Google Cloud Identity services. Progent's experts can also assist you to utilize GCP's management tools to control and track your GCP environment. To learn, go to Google Cloud Platform (GCP) consulting support.
Help Desk Support for Remote Workers
An emergency, organization-wide transition to a teleworker business model, which could be activated by a pandemic or as an element of a business continuity process, can overwhelm even the most efficient internal Support Desk. Progent's Call Center services allow organizations to outsource or expand their Help Desk by using Progent's remote Technical Response Center (TRC) services.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk support services utilize Progent's extensive team of online technical support experts along with enterprise-class ticketing and tracking technology to provide an economical, advanced Call Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer an end-to-end solution that handles all facets of online Level 1 desktop support from help requests through ticket creation, desktop sharing, problem resolution, and reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal allows teleworkers to check or edit their active trouble tickets, add information, and append screenshots and attachments. Technical support services are delivered at a significant price reduction off Progent's normal Level 1 technical support rates, and Progent offers the option of rapid escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 IT specialists to deal with advanced issues. For details, go to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small and mid-size businesses.
- Progent's Help Desk Call Center Supplemental Service allows you to supplement your existing Call Desk organization by sharing responsibilities for Help Desk services transparently between your in-house support staff and Progent's nationwide roster of desktop support engineers and subject matter specialists. Progent's co-managed Help Desk Call Center service uses a co-sourcing support solution utilizing the leading professional services automation (PSA) tool for managing service requests and ticketing, establishing responsibility, tracking progress, and producing reports. To find out how Progent's Call Desk Supplementation Services can enable your company to deliver best-in-class IT support to your telecommuters, visit Progent's Help Desk supplementation Services.
Cybersecurity for Remote Workers
At-home workers commonly run their personal equipment and work in an unsecured environment. This worsens their vulnerability to cyber threats and demands careful use of security appliances, remote security monitoring, and the creation of policies that adhere to best practices. Progent's veteran team of certified data security experts can help you to design, implement and manage a modern security environment that protects vital data in networks that incorporate an at-home workforce.
- Firewalls allow companies to build a network that can be securely utilized by local users and by telecommuters, mobile employees, vendors, clients, and the public. Modern firewall devices allow you to assign and control appropriate permissions to different classes of users and to expand your IT network and adjust your security profile as your company evolves and as cyber threats become increasingly complex. Progent works with both current and legacy firewall appliances from all major vendors like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, and Fortinet. To learn more about Progent's firewall support services, visit firewall configuration and support expertise.
- Online Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it possible to track the disparate computers used by telecommuters and either reject or identify and mitigate modern threats like ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a small-footprint agent is put on each protected endpoint, watching all activity and using advanced machine learning and full execution context to identify zero-day attacks at inception. When a cyberattack is spotted, ProSight Active Security Monitoring instantly disconnects the targeted endpoint device from the network to contain the threat. Since the ProSight Active Security Monitoring software agent is autonomous, endpoint devices stay protected even if they are disconnected from the Internet. For more information about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, refer to remote endpoint monitoring for telecommuters.
- Security Audits can assess the vulnerability of your network to all types of external and local security attacks for an environment that includes an at-home workforce. Progent can run remote, automated cybersecurity analysis scanning for rapidly and economically detecting a broad range of security gaps that can be surfaced over the Internet. Progent's security assessment experts, which can be managed by security professionals with top credentials such as CISM, ISSAP, and GIAC, can assist your business to audit your procedures and policies and assess your WAN infrastructure to allow you to implement the highest level of protection for your teleworkers.
Data Protection for Remote Workers
The field of Data Protection covers backing up and restoring vital data so as to prevent data loss and minimize recovery time in the event of storage problems due to hardware breakdowns, software hiccups, user error, cyber attack, or any other reason. Dependable data protection strategies can be especially challenging to architect and manage in hybrid environments that incorporate local data centers, public clouds, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Restore solutions for at-home workers must cover diverse types of user-owned endpoints. Progent offers fast online help from consultants knowledgeable about a wide array of platforms for backing up Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktops as well as notebooks, iPads and handhelds. Leading backup/recovery solutions supported by Progent's data protection consultants include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, CrashPlan, Mozy, and Time Machine. To protect resources distributed across a wide area network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a backup/recovery service that uses cloud storage and includes granular restore and unified management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) strategies typically anticipate circumstances that require a temporary changeover to telecommuting. Progent's senior disaster recovery preparedness experts and business continuity planning specialists can assist your company to develop, document and test a DR/BC plan that addresses the logistics of moving to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for an At-Home Workforce
Microsoft has rebranded and rebundled its endpoint management products under the title Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud-based management of remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing on-premises computers. Endpoint Manager provides a unified environment for safeguarding critical data by managing onsite, mobile, and at-home endpoints.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also features Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and protecting remote computers and software. Remote endpoint computers can be personally owned or company owned. Network administrators managing the endpoint devices of teleworkers can use Intune to deploy and validate applications on managed devices, push updates and certificates, configure policies for permission to access information and resources, set passwords, create VPN connections, determine how home-based workers share data, establish threat defense, ensure security compliance, and wipe corporate information from lost, stolen or decommissioned devices. Microsoft Intune works with iOS/iPadOS, Android, Windows, and macOS computers. For details about Intune and how Progent can help your company to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to administer the endpoint computers of your telecommuters, see Intune mobile device management experts.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced centralized Mobile Device Management (MDM) product that allows network administrators to keep offsite endpoint devices up to date and secure. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch for centralized endpoint management plus VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery platform for identity control, app management, and setup management of endpoint computers. Workspace ONE runs with devices powered by Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-premises deployment via a perpetual license. Top features of Workspace ONE include fast remote provisioning of new laptops, immediate onboarding of new employees, policy setting and enforcement for all categories of devices, aggregated reporting and performance analytics, an email encryption gateway, and tight integration with Microsoft applications and cloud-based products. For details about Progent's support services for VMware Workspace ONE, see VMware Workspace ONE remote endpoint management expertise.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Support Services
To get in touch with Progent about building and managing an efficient telecommuter solution for your Barueri-Alphaville, São Paulo company, phone 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.