Progent's Ransomware Forensics Investigation and Reporting Services in Baton Rouge
Progent's ransomware forensics consultants can save the system state after a ransomware assault and carry out a comprehensive forensics investigation without impeding the processes required for business continuity and data restoration. Your Baton Rouge business can use Progent's post-attack ransomware forensics report to block subsequent ransomware attacks, validate the recovery of encrypted data, and meet insurance carrier and regulatory reporting requirements.
Ransomware forensics involves determining and describing the ransomware assault's progress across the network from start to finish. This audit trail of the way a ransomware assault progressed through the network helps you to assess the impact and highlights shortcomings in policies or work habits that need to be rectified to prevent later breaches. Forensics is usually assigned a high priority by the insurance provider and is often mandated by government and industry regulations. Because forensics can be time consuming, it is essential that other key recovery processes like business resumption are executed concurrently. Progent has an extensive roster of IT and security professionals with the knowledge and experience required to perform the work of containment, operational continuity, and data recovery without interfering with forensic analysis.
Ransomware forensics investigation is time consuming and calls for intimate cooperation with the groups responsible for file recovery and, if needed, settlement discussions with the ransomware Threat Actor. forensics typically involve the examination of logs, registry, Group Policy Object (GPO), Active Directory (AD), DNS servers, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and core Windows systems to look for changes.
Activities associated with forensics investigation include:
- Disconnect without shutting off all potentially suspect devices from the network. This may require closing all RDP ports and Internet connected network-attached storage, changing admin credentials and user PWs, and configuring 2FA to secure your backups.
- Preserve forensically sound duplicates of all suspect devices so the file recovery group can proceed
- Preserve firewall, virtual private network, and other key logs as soon as feasible
- Establish the strain of ransomware used in the attack
- Survey each machine and storage device on the system as well as cloud storage for indications of encryption
- Inventory all encrypted devices
- Establish the kind of ransomware used in the assault
- Study logs and sessions to establish the timeline of the attack and to spot any possible sideways movement from the first infected machine
- Identify the security gaps used to carry out the ransomware attack
- Search for the creation of executables associated with the original encrypted files or network breach
- Parse Outlook web archives
- Examine attachments
- Separate any URLs embedded in email messages and determine if they are malicious
- Produce detailed attack reporting to satisfy your insurance carrier and compliance mandates
- List recommended improvements to close cybersecurity vulnerabilities and improve processes that reduce the risk of a future ransomware breach
Progent has provided remote and on-premises network services throughout the United States for over two decades and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's roster of subject matter experts (SMEs) includes consultants who have been awarded advanced certifications in core technology platforms such as Cisco infrastructure, VMware virtualization, and major Linux distros. Progent's cybersecurity consultants have earned internationally recognized certifications including CISA, CISSP-ISSAP, and CRISC. (Refer to certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also has guidance in financial and ERP software. This broad array of skills allows Progent to identify and consolidate the surviving pieces of your information system after a ransomware assault and rebuild them rapidly into a viable network. Progent has collaborated with leading insurance carriers including Chubb to help businesses recover from ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Investigation Expertise in Baton Rouge
To learn more about how Progent can assist your Baton Rouge business with ransomware forensics investigation, call 1-800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.