Progent's Ransomware Forensics Investigation and Reporting Services in Baton Rouge
Progent's ransomware forensics consultants can save the system state after a ransomware attack and carry out a comprehensive forensics investigation without slowing down the processes required for business continuity and data restoration. Your Baton Rouge business can utilize Progent's post-attack forensics documentation to counter subsequent ransomware assaults, assist in the cleanup of encrypted data, and meet insurance and regulatory reporting requirements.
Ransomware forensics is aimed at tracking and documenting the ransomware assault's storyline across the targeted network from beginning to end. This history of how a ransomware assault travelled through the network helps your IT staff to evaluate the impact and brings to light weaknesses in security policies or processes that need to be rectified to avoid later break-ins. Forensics is usually given a top priority by the insurance carrier and is often required by state and industry regulations. Since forensics can take time, it is vital that other important recovery processes such as operational continuity are performed concurrently. Progent has an extensive team of IT and security experts with the knowledge and experience required to carry out the work of containment, business continuity, and data recovery without interfering with forensic analysis.
Ransomware forensics is complicated and calls for intimate interaction with the groups assigned to data restoration and, if necessary, settlement talks with the ransomware hacker. forensics typically require the review of logs, registry, Group Policy Object (GPO), AD, DNS, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and core Windows systems to look for changes.
Services involved with forensics analysis include:
- Detach without shutting off all potentially suspect devices from the network. This may require closing all Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) ports and Internet facing NAS storage, changing admin credentials and user passwords, and implementing two-factor authentication to secure backups.
- Capture forensically sound duplicates of all exposed devices so your file recovery team can get started
- Preserve firewall, virtual private network, and other critical logs as soon as feasible
- Determine the variety of ransomware involved in the attack
- Survey every computer and data store on the network including cloud storage for indications of compromise
- Inventory all compromised devices
- Establish the type of ransomware used in the attack
- Study log activity and user sessions in order to determine the timeline of the ransomware assault and to spot any potential lateral migration from the originally compromised system
- Understand the security gaps used to perpetrate the ransomware assault
- Search for new executables surrounding the first encrypted files or system compromise
- Parse Outlook web archives
- Examine email attachments
- Extract URLs from messages and check to see whether they are malware
- Provide detailed incident documentation to satisfy your insurance and compliance regulations
- Suggest recommended improvements to close cybersecurity vulnerabilities and improve workflows that reduce the risk of a future ransomware exploit
Progent has delivered remote and on-premises network services across the United States for more than 20 years and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's roster of SBEs includes professionals who have earned high-level certifications in foundation technologies such as Cisco infrastructure, VMware virtualization, and major distributions of Linux. Progent's cybersecurity consultants have earned internationally recognized certifications including CISA, CISSP, and CRISC. (See Progent's certifications). Progent also has guidance in financial and Enterprise Resource Planning software. This broad array of skills allows Progent to salvage and integrate the undamaged parts of your IT environment after a ransomware attack and reconstruct them rapidly into a functioning system. Progent has worked with leading insurance carriers including Chubb to assist businesses recover from ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Services in Baton Rouge
To learn more about how Progent can help your Baton Rouge organization with ransomware forensics investigation, call 1-800-993-9400 or see Contact Progent.