Overview of Progent's Ransomware Forensics and Reporting in Baton Rouge
Progent's ransomware forensics consultants can capture the evidence of a ransomware assault and perform a comprehensive forensics investigation without slowing down activity related to business resumption and data recovery. Your Baton Rouge organization can use Progent's ransomware forensics report to block future ransomware attacks, assist in the cleanup of encrypted data, and comply with insurance and regulatory reporting requirements.
Ransomware forensics analysis is aimed at discovering and documenting the ransomware attack's storyline across the targeted network from start to finish. This audit trail of the way a ransomware assault progressed through the network assists you to evaluate the impact and highlights vulnerabilities in security policies or processes that need to be rectified to avoid later breaches. Forensic analysis is typically given a top priority by the cyber insurance carrier and is often required by state and industry regulations. Because forensics can be time consuming, it is essential that other important activities like business resumption are pursued in parallel. Progent has an extensive team of IT and cybersecurity professionals with the knowledge and experience required to perform the work of containment, business resumption, and data restoration without interfering with forensic analysis.
Ransomware forensics is arduous and requires close cooperation with the teams assigned to data cleanup and, if needed, settlement discussions with the ransomware Threat Actor. forensics typically involve the examination of all logs, registry, GPO, Active Directory, DNS, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and core Windows systems to look for anomalies.
Services involved with forensics include:
- Detach without shutting down all potentially suspect devices from the system. This can involve closing all Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) ports and Internet facing NAS storage, modifying admin credentials and user passwords, and implementing 2FA to protect your backups.
- Preserve forensically complete images of all suspect devices so your data restoration team can proceed
- Preserve firewall, VPN, and additional key logs as quickly as feasible
- Establish the version of ransomware used in the attack
- Survey every machine and data store on the system as well as cloud storage for signs of encryption
- Catalog all encrypted devices
- Establish the kind of ransomware involved in the attack
- Review logs and user sessions to establish the timeline of the ransomware attack and to identify any potential sideways migration from the first infected system
- Identify the security gaps exploited to carry out the ransomware assault
- Look for the creation of executables surrounding the original encrypted files or network breach
- Parse Outlook web archives
- Examine email attachments
- Extract URLs from email messages and determine whether they are malware
- Produce detailed incident documentation to satisfy your insurance and compliance regulations
- Suggest recommended improvements to close security gaps and enforce workflows that reduce the exposure to a future ransomware breach
Progent has provided online and onsite IT services throughout the U.S. for over two decades and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's team of SBEs includes consultants who have earned advanced certifications in foundation technology platforms including Cisco infrastructure, VMware, and popular Linux distros. Progent's cybersecurity consultants have earned industry-recognized certifications such as CISA, CISSP, and GIAC. (Refer to certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also offers guidance in financial and ERP applications. This breadth of skills gives Progent the ability to salvage and consolidate the undamaged parts of your information system following a ransomware assault and rebuild them rapidly into a viable network. Progent has worked with top insurance carriers including Chubb to help organizations recover from ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Services in Baton Rouge
To find out more about ways Progent can help your Baton Rouge business with ransomware forensics analysis, call 1-800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.