Overview of Progent's Ransomware Forensics Investigation and Reporting Services in Baton Rouge
Progent's ransomware forensics experts can capture the system state after a ransomware assault and perform a comprehensive forensics investigation without interfering with the processes required for business continuity and data restoration. Your Baton Rouge organization can use Progent's post-attack forensics documentation to block future ransomware assaults, validate the restoration of encrypted data, and meet insurance carrier and governmental mandates.
Ransomware forensics analysis is aimed at determining and documenting the ransomware attack's storyline across the targeted network from beginning to end. This history of how a ransomware assault progressed within the network helps you to evaluate the impact and uncovers gaps in security policies or work habits that need to be rectified to avoid later breaches. Forensic analysis is usually given a high priority by the cyber insurance carrier and is often required by state and industry regulations. Because forensics can be time consuming, it is vital that other important activities such as operational continuity are executed concurrently. Progent has a large team of information technology and security experts with the knowledge and experience required to carry out the work of containment, business continuity, and data recovery without disrupting forensic analysis.
Ransomware forensics analysis is time consuming and requires close cooperation with the groups focused on data cleanup and, if necessary, settlement talks with the ransomware hacker. Ransomware forensics typically involve the review of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object (GPO), Active Directory (AD), DNS servers, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and core Windows systems to look for changes.
Services associated with forensics analysis include:
- Disconnect but avoid shutting down all potentially impacted devices from the system. This may require closing all RDP ports and Internet connected NAS storage, changing admin credentials and user passwords, and implementing two-factor authentication to guard backups.
- Copy forensically valid duplicates of all suspect devices so the data restoration group can proceed
- Preserve firewall, virtual private network, and additional key logs as soon as possible
- Determine the kind of ransomware involved in the assault
- Examine every machine and storage device on the system including cloud storage for indications of encryption
- Catalog all encrypted devices
- Determine the kind of ransomware used in the assault
- Review logs and user sessions to establish the timeline of the ransomware attack and to spot any potential lateral movement from the originally infected system
- Understand the security gaps used to perpetrate the ransomware attack
- Search for new executables surrounding the first encrypted files or network breach
- Parse Outlook PST files
- Analyze attachments
- Separate URLs embedded in messages and check to see whether they are malicious
- Provide comprehensive attack reporting to satisfy your insurance and compliance requirements
- Document recommendations to close security gaps and improve workflows that lower the risk of a future ransomware exploit
Progent has provided remote and onsite network services across the U.S. for over 20 years and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's team of SMEs includes consultants who have been awarded high-level certifications in foundation technology platforms including Cisco infrastructure, VMware, and major distributions of Linux. Progent's data security consultants have earned industry-recognized certifications such as CISM, CISSP-ISSAP, and GIAC. (Refer to Progent's certifications). Progent also offers guidance in financial management and Enterprise Resource Planning application software. This scope of expertise gives Progent the ability to salvage and consolidate the undamaged pieces of your information system after a ransomware intrusion and reconstruct them rapidly into a viable system. Progent has collaborated with top insurance providers including Chubb to help businesses recover from ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Expertise in Baton Rouge
To find out more information about ways Progent can help your Baton Rouge organization with ransomware forensics investigation, call 1-800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.