Enlarging your at-home workforce can have a major impact on network infrastructure, security, and company processes. Progent has two decades of experience assisting SMBs to design, deploy, manage, tune, and debug IT environments that incorporate a remote workforce. Progent can assist your Baton Rouge company to select the appropriate tools and adhere to best practices in creating and maintaining a secure virtual solution for teleworkers that facilitates teamwork and returns top value. Progent offers services that go from as-needed guidance for helping you past challenging IT bottlenecks to full project management to help you carry out business-critical initiatives.
Progent can assist Baton Rouge, Louisiana businesses to succeed with any facet of creating a high-performing telecommuting environment by providing network infrastructure configuration services, VoIP PBX troubleshooting, video conferencing integration, collaboration platform selection and deployment, cloud integration, helpdesk outsourcing, cybersecurity, data protection solutions, and centralized management.
Infrastructure for an At-Home Workforce
Setting up the physical and software infrastructure required to support a remote workforce can be particularly complex if you have to accommodate a mix of personal equipment like desktop computers and notebooks, Internet routers, and wireless APs from various vendors and with a variety of OS software and firmware releases. Progent's experience delivering online help for both legacy as well as current IT products in virtual office solutions enables you to make cost-effective use of your existing infrastructure and offers ready access to expertise for implement necessary upgrades. Services offered by Progent to assist your company to implement a high-functioning telecommuting infrastructure include:
- VPN technology allows you to establish a safe connection for authenticated at-home employees to access IT resources located at your corporate data center or in the cloud. Progent's consultants can help your company to deploy and manage VPN access between your at-home workforce and your various IT resources by providing online VPN configuration support. For businesses using Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco ASA consultants can assist your at-home workers to set up Cisco's popular AnyConnect software to provide secure VPN connections for a wide range of devices such as Microsoft Windows, Mac, iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) platforms enable a telecommuter to see and interact with a remote PC's desktop. This technology gives network managers more control over the computing ecosystem of at-home employees and offers remote users a familiar experience. Progent's VDI consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI expertise.
- Routers attach at-home computer networks to the Internet and support VPN connections, local wireless connectivity, and firewalls. Progent offers top-tier remote support for integrating routers from all major vendors. See router integration services from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wireless networks, typically shared by the whole family and visitors, are frequently used by at-home employees to access their router for work. This can cause throughput as well as security issues. Progent can assist businesses to mitigate these problems by delivering services like Aironet configuration consulting, Cisco Meraki WiFi installation consulting, and Ubiquiti WiFi AP setup assistance.
- Internet access solutions affect the speed and availability of connections between at-home workers and the company data center. Business-critical applications might require backup Internet access in the event the normal connection breaks. Progent can provide expertise for picking Internet service providers, choosing sensible bandwidth and data volume packages, and setting up fault-tolerant Internet access. See Internet connectivity solutions.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Support Services
To get in touch with Progent about building and managing an efficient telecommuter solution for your Baton Rouge, Louisiana organization, call 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.