Expanding your remote workforce can have a major effect on network architecture, cybersecurity, and corporate culture. Progent has two decades of background helping SMBs to design, configure, manage, tune, and troubleshoot IT environments that incorporate at-home workers. Progent can assist your Baton Rouge company to pick the appropriate technologies and follow leading practices in building and operating a safe virtual office ecosystem for teleworkers that facilitates teamwork and delivers top value. Progent offers support services ranging from on demand guidance for helping you over occasional technical bottlenecks to full project management to help you successfully complete mission-critical initiatives.
Progent's consultants can help Baton Rouge, Louisiana companies to succeed with any facet of building a high-functioning work-at-home ecosystem by delivering network infrastructure design and configuration services, VoIP PBX troubleshooting, voice/video conferencing integration, collaboration platform customization and training, cloud integration, Help Desk augmentation, data security, backup/restore solutions, and centralized management.
Infrastructure for Telecommuters
Configuring the physical and software infrastructure needed for an at-home work environment can be especially complex if you have to accommodate a mix of worker-owned hardware such as desktop computers and laptops, routers, and Wi-Fi appliances from an assortment of vendors and with a variety of OS software and firmware releases. Progent's experience providing online help for both legacy and current technologies in remote office solutions enables you to make efficient use of your existing network infrastructure and provides you with fast access to expertise for implement necessary upgrades. Services available from Progent to help your company to create a productive work-at-home ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) connectivity allows you to establish a secure tunnel for authorized at-home employees to use IT assets situated at your company datacenter or in a public cloud. Progent can help you to deploy and maintain VPN access between your teleworkers and your various IT resources by providing online VPN integration support. For businesses using Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA Firewall experts can help your at-home workers to set up Cisco's AnyConnect client software to provide secure VPN connections for a wide selection of endpoint devices including Microsoft Windows, macOS, Apple iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure platforms allow an at-home worker to see and interact with a remote computer's desktop. This gives network managers substantial control over the computing ecosystem of telecommuters and offers remote users a consistent and more productive experience. Progent's VDI consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops expertise.
- Routers attach at-home computer networks to the Internet and typically support VPN connections, home wireless networks, and firewall services. Progent offers expert online support for setting up routers from a range of manufacturers. See router configuration services from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wireless networks, often shared by families and visitors, are commonly utilized by telecommuters to access their Internet router for work. This can cause performance as well as cybersecurity problems. Progent can help businesses to mitigate these issues by delivering expertise that include Cisco Aironet integration expertise, Cisco-certified Meraki WiFi installation consulting, and Ubiquiti wireless access point setup assistance.
- Internet connectivity methods affect the speed and availability of connections between at-home workers and the corporate data center. Line-of-business applications may demand redundant Internet connections in case the normal connection breaks. Progent can provide expertise for identifying ISPs, selecting appropriate bandwidth and data volume offerings, and configuring high-availability Internet connections. Refer to Internet access integration services.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Expertise
To contact Progent about building and maintaining an efficient telecommuter solution for your Baton Rouge, Louisiana company, call 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.