Enlarging your telecommuter workforce can have a major effect on IT infrastructure, cybersecurity, and corporate processes. Progent has 20 years of experience helping small and mid-size businesses to plan, configure, manage, optimize, and troubleshoot IT networks that incorporate at-home workers. Progent can assist your Baton Rouge organization to select the appropriate technologies and follow leading practices in creating and maintaining a secure virtual solution for telecommuters that facilitates teamwork and delivers maximum value. Progent offers services that go from on demand guidance for helping you over challenging technical roadblocks to full project management or co-management to help you successfully complete mission-critical tasks.
Progent's consultants can assist Baton Rouge, Louisiana organizations to succeed with any facet of creating a high-performing telecommuting environment by delivering network infrastructure configuration services, VoIP PBX expertise, voice/video conferencing support, collaboration platform customization and training, public cloud integration, Call Desk augmentation, endpoint security, data protection solutions, and streamlined management.
Network Infrastructure for an At-Home Workforce
Setting up the physical and software infrastructure required for an at-home workforce can be especially complicated if you must manage a mix of worker-owned hardware like desktop computers and notebooks, Internet routers, and wireless appliances from an assortment of manufacturers and with a variety of OS software and firmware releases. Progent's background delivering online help for both legacy and modern technologies in remote office venues enables you to make cost-effective use of your available network infrastructure and provides you with fast access to expertise for making essential updates. Services available from Progent to help you to create a productive work-at-home infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network connectivity makes it possible to establish a secure tunnel for authenticated remote employees to access IT resources located at your corporate datacenter or in a public cloud. Progent can help you to configure and manage VPN access between your teleworkers and your key IT resources by providing online VPN integration support. For organizations using Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA consultants can assist your remote workers to utilize Cisco's AnyConnect client software to provide secure VPN tunneling for a wide selection of endpoint devices including Microsoft Windows, macOS, Apple iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) platforms allow a telecommuter to view and interact with a remote computer's desktop. This technology provides IT managers substantial control over the digital ecosystem of telecommuters and ensures them a consistent and more productive work experience. Progent's VDI consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI expertise.
- Routers attach at-home computer networks to the Internet and support VPN connections, local Wi-Fi networks, and firewall services. Progent offers expert online consulting for deploying routers from a variety of vendors. See router integration support from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, typically shared by the whole family and visitors, are commonly used by telecommuters to connect to their Internet router for work. This can cause performance as well as cybersecurity problems. Progent can help businesses to resolve these problems by providing expertise that include Cisco Aironet integration expertise, Cisco-certified Meraki wireless deployment expertise, and Ubiquiti wireless AP integration assistance.
- Internet access methods impact the performance and availability of connections between telecommuters and the corporate data center. Mission-critical processes might demand backup Internet access in case the normal connection breaks. Progent can provide expertise for identifying Internet service providers, choosing sensible service offerings, and setting up redundant Internet connections. Refer to Internet connectivity integration services.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Expertise
To contact Progent about building and maintaining an efficient telecommuter environment for your Baton Rouge, Louisiana company, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.