Expanding your telecommuter workforce may have a major effect on network architecture, security, and company processes. Progent has two decades of background helping small and mid-size businesses to design, deploy, manage, tune, and troubleshoot IT networks that incorporate at-home workers. Progent can assist your Baton Rouge organization to select the appropriate technologies and follow best practices in building and operating a safe virtual solution for telecommuters that facilitates collaboration and delivers maximum value. Progent offers support services that go from as-needed guidance for helping you over challenging technical bottlenecks to full project management to help you carry out mission-critical initiatives.
Progent's consultants can help Baton Rouge, Louisiana businesses to with any facet of building a high-performing work-at-home ecosystem by providing network infrastructure design and configuration services, IP voice troubleshooting, video conferencing integration, collaboration platform selection and deployment, cloud integration, Call Desk augmentation, security and compliance, backup/restore solutions, and unified management.
Network Infrastructure for an At-Home Workforce
Configuring the network infrastructure needed for an at-home workforce can be especially complicated if you must manage a mix of worker-owned hardware like PCs and laptops, Internet routers, and wireless appliances from different manufacturers and with a variety of OS software and firmware levels. Progent's background providing online support for both legacy and current IT products in virtual office solutions allows you to make cost-effective use of your existing infrastructure and provides you with ready access to expertise for implement essential updates. Services available from Progent to help your company to create a high-functioning telecommuting infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network connectivity makes it possible to establish a secure connection for authenticated remote employees to access IT assets situated at your corporate data center or in a public cloud. Progent's consultants can help you to deploy and manage VPN access between your teleworkers and your various IT resources by providing online VPN integration consulting. For businesses using Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco ASA consultants can assist your remote workers to set up Cisco's AnyConnect client software to provide secure VPN connections for a broad range of endpoint devices including Windows, Mac, iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure products allow a teleworker to see and interact with a data center PC's desktop. This technology provides IT managers substantial control over the digital ecosystem of at-home employees and ensures remote users a consistent and more productive work experience. Progent's virtual desktop services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI solutions.
- Routers attach at-home computer networks to the Internet and typically support VPN connections, local Wi-Fi networks, and firewalls. Progent offers expert remote support for setting up routers from a variety of vendors. See router configuration support from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, typically shared by families and visitors, are frequently used by telecommuters to connect to their Internet router for work. This can create performance and cybersecurity issues. Progent can assist you to mitigate these issues by delivering expertise like Aironet configuration consulting, Cisco Meraki WiFi installation consulting, and Ubiquiti Unifi wireless access point setup help.
- Internet connectivity methods impact the speed and availability of connections between telecommuters and the corporate network. Vital applications might demand redundant Internet access in case the primary connection fails. Progent offers guidance for selecting ISPs, picking sensible bandwidth and data volume packages, and setting up redundant Internet access. See Internet connectivity solutions.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Support Services
To contact Progent about building and managing an efficient work-from-home environment for your Baton Rouge, Louisiana business, call 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.