Expanding your remote workforce may have a significant effect on IT architecture, security/compliance, and company culture. Progent has 20 years of experience helping small and mid-size businesses to design, configure, administer, optimize, and troubleshoot IT networks that support work-from-home employees. Progent can help your Baton Rouge organization to pick the right technologies and adhere to leading practices in building and maintaining a safe virtual office solution for teleworkers that promotes collaboration and returns maximum value. Progent offers support services ranging from on demand expertise for helping you past challenging technical bottlenecks to full project management or co-management to help you successfully complete business-critical tasks.
Progent's consultants can assist Baton Rouge, Louisiana businesses to succeed with any facet of building a high-functioning remote work environment by delivering infrastructure design and configuration services, IP voice expertise, voice/video conferencing support, collaboration platform customization and training, cloud connectivity, Call Desk augmentation, security and compliance, backup/restore solutions, and centralized management.
Infrastructure for an At-Home Workforce
Integrating the network infrastructure required to support an at-home workforce can be particularly challenging if you have to manage a combination of personal hardware like PCs and laptops, Internet routers, and wireless APs from an assortment of manufacturers and with a variety of operating systems and firmware releases. Progent's experience providing online support for both outdated as well as current technologies in virtual office solutions allows you to make cost-effective use of your existing infrastructure and provides you with ready access to top-tire consultants for implement essential updates. Support services offered by Progent to assist you to implement a high-functioning work-at-home ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network technology makes it possible to establish a secure connection for authorized at-home employees to access IT assets located at your corporate datacenter or in a public cloud. Progent's consultants can help your company to configure and maintain VPN connections between your at-home workforce and your key IT resources by providing online VPN integration support. For businesses using Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA Firewall experts can assist your remote workers to set up Cisco's AnyConnect client software to provide safe VPN connections for a broad range of devices such as Microsoft Windows, Mac, iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure products allow a telecommuter to see and interact with a data center PC's desktop. This provides network managers substantial control over the digital ecosystem of at-home employees and offers remote users a consistent and more productive experience. Progent's virtual desktop consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI consulting.
- Routers attach at-home computer networks to the Internet and support VPN connections, local wireless networks, and firewall services. Progent offers expert online support for configuring home routers from a range of vendors. See router configuration support from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, often shared by the whole family and visitors, are commonly used by at-home employees to access their router for work. This can create throughput as well as cybersecurity problems. Progent can help businesses to resolve these problems by delivering services like Cisco Aironet configuration consulting, Cisco Meraki WiFi deployment expertise, and Ubiquiti WiFi access point integration help.
- Internet access methods impact the speed and availability of connections between telecommuters and the corporate data center. Business-critical applications might demand backup Internet connections in the event the normal connection fails. Progent can provide expertise for identifying service providers, selecting appropriate service bundles, and integrating fault-tolerant Internet access. Refer to Internet access solutions.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Expertise
To contact Progent about creating and maintaining an efficient telecommuter environment for your Baton Rouge, Louisiana organization, call 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.