Progent's Ransomware Forensics Investigation and Reporting in Bellevue
Progent's ransomware forensics experts can save the system state after a ransomware assault and perform a comprehensive forensics investigation without interfering with activity required for business resumption and data recovery. Your Bellevue business can utilize Progent's post-attack forensics documentation to combat future ransomware assaults, assist in the cleanup of encrypted data, and comply with insurance carrier and regulatory requirements.
Ransomware forensics is aimed at discovering and describing the ransomware attack's progress throughout the targeted network from start to finish. This history of the way a ransomware assault progressed within the network assists you to assess the damage and brings to light vulnerabilities in policies or work habits that should be corrected to prevent later break-ins. Forensics is usually assigned a top priority by the cyber insurance provider and is often required by government and industry regulations. Because forensic analysis can take time, it is critical that other key activities such as business continuity are executed concurrently. Progent has a large team of IT and security professionals with the skills required to carry out activities for containment, operational continuity, and data restoration without disrupting forensic analysis.
Ransomware forensics analysis is complex and requires intimate interaction with the groups assigned to file restoration and, if needed, settlement talks with the ransomware Threat Actor (TA). Ransomware forensics can involve the examination of logs, registry, Group Policy Object, Active Directory, DNS, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and basic Windows systems to detect changes.
Activities involved with forensics analysis include:
- Isolate but avoid shutting off all potentially impacted devices from the network. This may involve closing all Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) ports and Internet connected NAS storage, modifying admin credentials and user PWs, and implementing 2FA to secure backups.
- Create forensically sound duplicates of all suspect devices so the file recovery group can proceed
- Preserve firewall, virtual private network, and other key logs as soon as possible
- Determine the version of ransomware involved in the attack
- Survey each computer and storage device on the network including cloud-hosted storage for indications of encryption
- Inventory all encrypted devices
- Establish the kind of ransomware used in the assault
- Study logs and user sessions to determine the time frame of the attack and to spot any potential sideways migration from the first compromised machine
- Identify the attack vectors exploited to perpetrate the ransomware assault
- Look for the creation of executables associated with the first encrypted files or system compromise
- Parse Outlook PST files
- Examine email attachments
- Extract any URLs embedded in email messages and check to see whether they are malicious
- Produce detailed attack reporting to meet your insurance and compliance regulations
- List recommendations to close cybersecurity vulnerabilities and improve processes that reduce the risk of a future ransomware breach
Progent has delivered remote and onsite network services throughout the U.S. for over 20 years and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's roster of subject matter experts includes consultants who have been awarded advanced certifications in core technology platforms including Cisco infrastructure, VMware virtualization, and major Linux distros. Progent's data security consultants have earned prestigious certifications such as CISA, CISSP-ISSAP, and CRISC. (Refer to certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also offers guidance in financial and Enterprise Resource Planning applications. This scope of skills gives Progent the ability to identify and integrate the undamaged pieces of your network after a ransomware intrusion and rebuild them quickly into a viable network. Progent has collaborated with top cyber insurance carriers like Chubb to assist businesses recover from ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Analysis Expertise in Bellevue
To find out more about ways Progent can assist your Bellevue business with ransomware forensics, call 1-800-462-8800 or see Contact Progent.