Progent's Ransomware Forensics Analysis and Reporting in Bellevue
Progent's ransomware forensics experts can save the evidence of a ransomware assault and perform a comprehensive forensics investigation without impeding activity required for operational resumption and data recovery. Your Bellevue business can utilize Progent's post-attack forensics report to block subsequent ransomware attacks, validate the restoration of lost data, and meet insurance and governmental requirements.
Ransomware forensics is aimed at tracking and documenting the ransomware assault's progress across the network from beginning to end. This audit trail of how a ransomware assault travelled within the network helps your IT staff to evaluate the damage and uncovers weaknesses in rules or work habits that need to be corrected to prevent later breaches. Forensics is usually given a high priority by the insurance carrier and is typically mandated by state and industry regulations. Since forensic analysis can be time consuming, it is critical that other key recovery processes like operational continuity are executed in parallel. Progent has a large team of information technology and security professionals with the knowledge and experience needed to carry out activities for containment, business resumption, and data recovery without interfering with forensic analysis.
Ransomware forensics is arduous and calls for close interaction with the teams responsible for file cleanup and, if needed, settlement negotiation with the ransomware Threat Actor. Ransomware forensics can involve the review of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object (GPO), Active Directory (AD), DNS, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and basic Windows systems to look for anomalies.
Activities involved with forensics investigation include:
- Isolate without shutting down all potentially suspect devices from the network. This can require closing all RDP ports and Internet facing network-attached storage, changing admin credentials and user PWs, and implementing two-factor authentication to secure backups.
- Preserve forensically complete images of all suspect devices so the file recovery team can get started
- Preserve firewall, VPN, and other critical logs as quickly as possible
- Determine the version of ransomware involved in the attack
- Examine every computer and storage device on the network including cloud storage for indications of compromise
- Inventory all compromised devices
- Establish the kind of ransomware used in the assault
- Review log activity and sessions in order to establish the time frame of the attack and to identify any possible sideways migration from the first infected system
- Understand the security gaps used to perpetrate the ransomware assault
- Look for the creation of executables associated with the first encrypted files or system compromise
- Parse Outlook PST files
- Examine email attachments
- Extract any URLs embedded in messages and determine if they are malware
- Provide detailed attack documentation to meet your insurance carrier and compliance requirements
- List recommendations to shore up security gaps and improve workflows that reduce the risk of a future ransomware breach
Progent has provided remote and on-premises network services across the U.S. for more than 20 years and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's roster of SMEs includes consultants who have been awarded advanced certifications in foundation technologies including Cisco networking, VMware, and major distributions of Linux. Progent's data security consultants have earned prestigious certifications such as CISA, CISSP-ISSAP, and CRISC. (Refer to Progent's certifications). Progent also offers top-tier support in financial management and ERP applications. This scope of expertise gives Progent the ability to identify and integrate the undamaged parts of your IT environment following a ransomware attack and reconstruct them rapidly into a viable network. Progent has worked with leading insurance providers like Chubb to help organizations recover from ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Investigation Services in Bellevue
To learn more information about how Progent can assist your Bellevue business with ransomware forensics investigation, call 1-800-462-8800 or see Contact Progent.