Progent's Ransomware Forensics Analysis and Reporting Services in Bellevue
Progent's ransomware forensics experts can preserve the evidence of a ransomware assault and perform a detailed forensics investigation without disrupting the processes required for business continuity and data recovery. Your Bellevue business can utilize Progent's forensics documentation to block future ransomware attacks, assist in the restoration of lost data, and meet insurance carrier and governmental reporting requirements.
Ransomware forensics analysis is aimed at determining and describing the ransomware attack's storyline across the network from beginning to end. This history of how a ransomware assault progressed within the network helps your IT staff to assess the impact and brings to light gaps in rules or work habits that need to be corrected to prevent future breaches. Forensics is usually given a high priority by the insurance provider and is typically mandated by government and industry regulations. Because forensics can take time, it is essential that other important activities like business continuity are performed concurrently. Progent maintains a large team of IT and cybersecurity professionals with the knowledge and experience needed to perform activities for containment, business continuity, and data recovery without disrupting forensic analysis.
Ransomware forensics investigation is time consuming and requires close cooperation with the groups assigned to data recovery and, if needed, payment negotiation with the ransomware Threat Actor. Ransomware forensics can involve the examination of logs, registry, Group Policy Object, AD, DNS servers, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and core Windows systems to look for variations.
Services associated with forensics analysis include:
- Disconnect without shutting down all possibly impacted devices from the network. This may involve closing all Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) ports and Internet connected NAS storage, changing admin credentials and user passwords, and configuring two-factor authentication to guard your backups.
- Create forensically valid digital images of all suspect devices so your file restoration group can get started
- Save firewall, virtual private network, and additional critical logs as quickly as possible
- Identify the strain of ransomware used in the assault
- Survey each machine and storage device on the system including cloud-hosted storage for signs of compromise
- Catalog all compromised devices
- Establish the kind of ransomware used in the attack
- Review log activity and user sessions in order to establish the time frame of the ransomware assault and to identify any potential lateral movement from the originally compromised machine
- Identify the attack vectors used to carry out the ransomware assault
- Search for new executables associated with the original encrypted files or network breach
- Parse Outlook web archives
- Examine attachments
- Extract any URLs embedded in messages and determine whether they are malware
- Provide comprehensive attack documentation to meet your insurance carrier and compliance regulations
- Document recommendations to close cybersecurity vulnerabilities and improve processes that reduce the risk of a future ransomware breach
Progent has delivered online and on-premises IT services throughout the U.S. for more than 20 years and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's team of SBEs includes consultants who have been awarded high-level certifications in foundation technologies such as Cisco networking, VMware virtualization, and major distributions of Linux. Progent's data security consultants have earned industry-recognized certifications including CISM, CISSP-ISSAP, and GIAC. (See certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also offers top-tier support in financial management and Enterprise Resource Planning software. This breadth of expertise allows Progent to identify and consolidate the undamaged pieces of your network following a ransomware assault and reconstruct them rapidly into a viable network. Progent has collaborated with top insurance carriers like Chubb to help organizations clean up after ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Investigation Expertise in Bellevue
To find out more about ways Progent can help your Bellevue business with ransomware forensics investigation, call 1-800-462-8800 or see Contact Progent.