Overview of Progent's Ransomware Forensics Analysis and Reporting Services in Bellevue
Progent's ransomware forensics experts can preserve the evidence of a ransomware assault and perform a detailed forensics analysis without interfering with the processes required for operational resumption and data restoration. Your Bellevue business can utilize Progent's post-attack ransomware forensics documentation to counter subsequent ransomware assaults, assist in the cleanup of lost data, and comply with insurance and governmental mandates.
Ransomware forensics involves discovering and documenting the ransomware assault's storyline throughout the targeted network from start to finish. This history of the way a ransomware assault travelled within the network assists you to evaluate the damage and uncovers vulnerabilities in security policies or processes that need to be rectified to avoid future break-ins. Forensics is typically given a top priority by the cyber insurance carrier and is often mandated by government and industry regulations. Because forensics can take time, it is vital that other key activities such as business continuity are pursued concurrently. Progent maintains an extensive roster of IT and data security professionals with the skills required to carry out the work of containment, business continuity, and data recovery without disrupting forensics.
Ransomware forensics analysis is time consuming and requires intimate interaction with the groups assigned to data recovery and, if necessary, payment talks with the ransomware Threat Actor (TA). Ransomware forensics can involve the review of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object (GPO), AD, DNS, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and core Windows systems to detect anomalies.
Services associated with forensics include:
- Isolate but avoid shutting off all possibly impacted devices from the network. This may require closing all RDP ports and Internet facing NAS storage, modifying admin credentials and user PWs, and implementing 2FA to secure your backups.
- Create forensically complete images of all exposed devices so the data recovery team can proceed
- Preserve firewall, VPN, and additional key logs as soon as possible
- Identify the version of ransomware used in the assault
- Examine every machine and storage device on the network as well as cloud-hosted storage for signs of compromise
- Catalog all compromised devices
- Establish the kind of ransomware involved in the attack
- Review log activity and sessions to establish the time frame of the ransomware attack and to identify any possible sideways migration from the first infected system
- Understand the security gaps used to perpetrate the ransomware assault
- Search for new executables surrounding the first encrypted files or system breach
- Parse Outlook PST files
- Analyze attachments
- Extract any URLs from email messages and check to see whether they are malware
- Produce extensive attack reporting to satisfy your insurance carrier and compliance requirements
- List recommended improvements to close cybersecurity vulnerabilities and enforce workflows that reduce the exposure to a future ransomware breach
Progent has provided online and on-premises IT services across the United States for over two decades and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's team of SBEs includes professionals who have earned high-level certifications in core technologies such as Cisco infrastructure, VMware virtualization, and popular Linux distros. Progent's data security consultants have earned industry-recognized certifications including CISM, CISSP-ISSAP, and GIAC. (See Progent's certifications). Progent also offers top-tier support in financial and ERP software. This scope of expertise allows Progent to salvage and consolidate the undamaged parts of your information system after a ransomware assault and rebuild them rapidly into a functioning network. Progent has worked with leading cyber insurance providers like Chubb to assist businesses recover from ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Analysis Services in Bellevue
To learn more about ways Progent can help your Bellevue business with ransomware forensics analysis, call 1-800-993-9400 or see Contact Progent.