Progent's Ransomware Forensics Investigation and Reporting Services in Beverly Hills
Progent's ransomware forensics consultants can save the evidence of a ransomware assault and carry out a detailed forensics investigation without slowing down the processes related to operational resumption and data restoration. Your Beverly Hills business can use Progent's post-attack ransomware forensics report to combat future ransomware assaults, assist in the recovery of encrypted data, and comply with insurance and regulatory reporting requirements.
Ransomware forensics investigation involves tracking and documenting the ransomware assault's storyline throughout the targeted network from start to finish. This audit trail of how a ransomware assault progressed within the network helps your IT staff to evaluate the damage and highlights shortcomings in policies or work habits that need to be rectified to avoid later break-ins. Forensics is usually assigned a top priority by the insurance carrier and is typically required by government and industry regulations. Since forensics can be time consuming, it is essential that other important recovery processes such as operational continuity are pursued in parallel. Progent maintains a large team of information technology and cybersecurity professionals with the skills needed to perform the work of containment, operational resumption, and data restoration without interfering with forensics.
Ransomware forensics is time consuming and requires intimate interaction with the teams assigned to file restoration and, if necessary, payment negotiation with the ransomware Threat Actor (TA). Ransomware forensics can require the review of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object (GPO), Active Directory (AD), DNS servers, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and basic Windows systems to detect anomalies.
Activities involved with forensics investigation include:
- Disconnect but avoid shutting off all possibly suspect devices from the network. This can require closing all RDP ports and Internet facing network-attached storage, changing admin credentials and user passwords, and implementing two-factor authentication to protect backups.
- Create forensically sound digital images of all exposed devices so your data recovery group can get started
- Preserve firewall, virtual private network, and additional key logs as soon as feasible
- Determine the version of ransomware used in the assault
- Inspect each computer and data store on the system including cloud storage for signs of compromise
- Catalog all encrypted devices
- Determine the kind of ransomware used in the assault
- Review logs and user sessions to determine the timeline of the ransomware assault and to identify any potential lateral migration from the first compromised machine
- Identify the security gaps exploited to carry out the ransomware assault
- Search for the creation of executables surrounding the first encrypted files or network compromise
- Parse Outlook web archives
- Examine attachments
- Separate URLs embedded in messages and determine if they are malware
- Produce extensive incident reporting to meet your insurance carrier and compliance regulations
- List recommendations to close cybersecurity gaps and improve workflows that lower the risk of a future ransomware breach
Progent has provided online and on-premises IT services across the United States for more than two decades and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's team of SMEs includes consultants who have earned advanced certifications in core technology platforms including Cisco infrastructure, VMware virtualization, and major distributions of Linux. Progent's data security experts have earned internationally recognized certifications such as CISA, CISSP, and GIAC. (Refer to certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also offers guidance in financial management and ERP software. This broad array of expertise allows Progent to salvage and consolidate the surviving parts of your network following a ransomware attack and reconstruct them quickly into an operational network. Progent has worked with leading insurance carriers including Chubb to help organizations clean up after ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Investigation Expertise in Beverly Hills
To find out more about how Progent can assist your Beverly Hills business with ransomware forensics analysis, call 1-800-462-8800 or see Contact Progent.