Overview of Progent's Ransomware Forensics and Reporting Services in Beverly Hills
Progent's ransomware forensics experts can save the evidence of a ransomware attack and carry out a detailed forensics investigation without disrupting the processes required for operational continuity and data restoration. Your Beverly Hills business can use Progent's post-attack forensics documentation to counter future ransomware attacks, assist in the recovery of encrypted data, and meet insurance carrier and governmental mandates.
Ransomware forensics analysis is aimed at tracking and describing the ransomware assault's storyline throughout the targeted network from start to finish. This audit trail of the way a ransomware attack travelled within the network assists you to assess the damage and brings to light weaknesses in policies or work habits that should be corrected to prevent future breaches. Forensics is usually assigned a high priority by the cyber insurance provider and is typically mandated by government and industry regulations. Because forensic analysis can be time consuming, it is essential that other key activities like operational continuity are executed in parallel. Progent has an extensive roster of IT and security professionals with the knowledge and experience needed to carry out activities for containment, operational resumption, and data recovery without disrupting forensics.
Ransomware forensics investigation is complicated and requires intimate cooperation with the teams assigned to data restoration and, if needed, settlement negotiation with the ransomware Threat Actor (TA). forensics can require the examination of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object (GPO), Active Directory, DNS, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and basic Windows systems to detect variations.
Activities associated with forensics investigation include:
- Isolate but avoid shutting down all potentially affected devices from the system. This may involve closing all RDP ports and Internet facing network-attached storage, modifying admin credentials and user PWs, and configuring 2FA to guard your backups.
- Preserve forensically complete images of all suspect devices so your data restoration team can get started
- Preserve firewall, virtual private network, and other critical logs as soon as possible
- Establish the strain of ransomware involved in the assault
- Survey each computer and data store on the system including cloud-hosted storage for signs of encryption
- Catalog all encrypted devices
- Determine the type of ransomware used in the assault
- Review logs and user sessions to establish the timeline of the assault and to spot any potential sideways migration from the originally compromised system
- Identify the attack vectors used to perpetrate the ransomware assault
- Look for the creation of executables surrounding the original encrypted files or system compromise
- Parse Outlook PST files
- Examine email attachments
- Separate any URLs embedded in email messages and check to see whether they are malware
- Produce comprehensive attack documentation to satisfy your insurance carrier and compliance requirements
- Suggest recommendations to close cybersecurity gaps and improve processes that reduce the risk of a future ransomware breach
Progent has delivered remote and onsite IT services across the U.S. for over two decades and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's team of SMEs includes professionals who have earned high-level certifications in foundation technologies including Cisco networking, VMware virtualization, and major distributions of Linux. Progent's data security experts have earned prestigious certifications such as CISA, CISSP-ISSAP, and GIAC. (See certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also has guidance in financial management and ERP application software. This broad array of expertise allows Progent to identify and consolidate the undamaged parts of your information system after a ransomware intrusion and rebuild them quickly into an operational network. Progent has worked with leading cyber insurance carriers like Chubb to assist organizations clean up after ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Expertise in Beverly Hills
To find out more information about how Progent can help your Beverly Hills business with ransomware forensics, call 1-800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.