Progent's Ransomware Forensics Analysis and Reporting in Beverly Hills
Progent's ransomware forensics consultants can capture the system state after a ransomware attack and perform a comprehensive forensics analysis without disrupting activity related to operational continuity and data recovery. Your Beverly Hills organization can use Progent's forensics documentation to counter future ransomware assaults, validate the restoration of encrypted data, and comply with insurance and regulatory mandates.
Ransomware forensics involves tracking and documenting the ransomware assault's progress across the targeted network from beginning to end. This audit trail of the way a ransomware attack travelled through the network assists you to assess the impact and uncovers weaknesses in rules or processes that should be corrected to avoid later break-ins. Forensic analysis is commonly assigned a high priority by the insurance carrier and is often mandated by state and industry regulations. Since forensic analysis can take time, it is essential that other key activities such as business continuity are executed in parallel. Progent has a large roster of IT and data security professionals with the skills needed to carry out the work of containment, business continuity, and data recovery without disrupting forensics.
Ransomware forensics investigation is complex and calls for close cooperation with the groups assigned to file restoration and, if needed, settlement negotiation with the ransomware Threat Actor. Ransomware forensics typically require the examination of logs, registry, Group Policy Object (GPO), Active Directory (AD), DNS, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and core Windows systems to check for changes.
Activities associated with forensics include:
- Isolate but avoid shutting down all potentially impacted devices from the system. This can require closing all Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) ports and Internet facing network-attached storage, modifying admin credentials and user PWs, and configuring two-factor authentication to protect backups.
- Capture forensically sound digital images of all exposed devices so the file recovery team can proceed
- Preserve firewall, VPN, and other critical logs as quickly as feasible
- Establish the variety of ransomware used in the attack
- Survey every computer and data store on the network as well as cloud-hosted storage for signs of encryption
- Catalog all compromised devices
- Determine the type of ransomware used in the assault
- Study log activity and sessions to determine the time frame of the assault and to identify any possible lateral migration from the first compromised machine
- Understand the security gaps exploited to perpetrate the ransomware assault
- Look for new executables surrounding the first encrypted files or system breach
- Parse Outlook web archives
- Examine attachments
- Separate any URLs from email messages and check to see if they are malware
- Provide comprehensive attack documentation to satisfy your insurance carrier and compliance mandates
- List recommendations to close security gaps and improve processes that lower the exposure to a future ransomware breach
Progent has provided remote and on-premises network services throughout the U.S. for more than 20 years and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's team of subject matter experts (SMEs) includes consultants who have earned high-level certifications in core technologies such as Cisco networking, VMware virtualization, and popular Linux distros. Progent's cybersecurity experts have earned prestigious certifications such as CISA, CISSP-ISSAP, and CRISC. (See Progent's certifications). Progent also offers top-tier support in financial and Enterprise Resource Planning software. This broad array of skills allows Progent to identify and consolidate the surviving pieces of your information system following a ransomware assault and rebuild them rapidly into an operational network. Progent has collaborated with leading insurance carriers like Chubb to assist organizations clean up after ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Services in Beverly Hills
To learn more information about ways Progent can assist your Beverly Hills organization with ransomware forensics investigation, call 1-800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.