Progent's Ransomware Forensics and Reporting Services in Beverly Hills
Progent's ransomware forensics experts can capture the evidence of a ransomware attack and perform a comprehensive forensics analysis without disrupting activity required for business continuity and data recovery. Your Beverly Hills organization can use Progent's post-attack forensics report to combat future ransomware assaults, validate the restoration of lost data, and comply with insurance and regulatory mandates.
Ransomware forensics investigation involves determining and describing the ransomware assault's storyline across the network from beginning to end. This history of how a ransomware assault travelled through the network helps your IT staff to assess the damage and brings to light weaknesses in policies or work habits that should be corrected to prevent future breaches. Forensics is typically given a high priority by the insurance provider and is typically required by state and industry regulations. Since forensics can take time, it is vital that other key recovery processes like business continuity are performed in parallel. Progent maintains an extensive team of information technology and cybersecurity professionals with the skills needed to perform the work of containment, business continuity, and data restoration without disrupting forensics.
Ransomware forensics analysis is complicated and calls for close interaction with the groups focused on data restoration and, if needed, settlement discussions with the ransomware Threat Actor. Ransomware forensics typically require the examination of all logs, registry, GPO, AD, DNS servers, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and core Windows systems to look for variations.
Services associated with forensics investigation include:
- Disconnect without shutting off all potentially impacted devices from the system. This may involve closing all RDP ports and Internet facing NAS storage, modifying admin credentials and user passwords, and implementing 2FA to secure backups.
- Copy forensically sound duplicates of all exposed devices so the data recovery team can proceed
- Preserve firewall, VPN, and other key logs as soon as possible
- Determine the version of ransomware used in the assault
- Examine every machine and data store on the system including cloud-hosted storage for indications of encryption
- Inventory all compromised devices
- Determine the type of ransomware involved in the attack
- Study logs and sessions to establish the time frame of the ransomware assault and to identify any potential lateral migration from the first compromised machine
- Understand the attack vectors used to carry out the ransomware attack
- Search for the creation of executables surrounding the original encrypted files or system breach
- Parse Outlook PST files
- Examine email attachments
- Extract any URLs from email messages and check to see whether they are malware
- Produce comprehensive incident documentation to satisfy your insurance carrier and compliance requirements
- Document recommendations to close cybersecurity gaps and enforce processes that lower the exposure to a future ransomware breach
Progent has delivered online and on-premises network services throughout the U.S. for more than 20 years and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's roster of SMEs includes professionals who have been awarded high-level certifications in core technologies such as Cisco infrastructure, VMware, and major distributions of Linux. Progent's data security experts have earned prestigious certifications including CISM, CISSP-ISSAP, and GIAC. (Refer to Progent's certifications). Progent also has top-tier support in financial management and ERP applications. This scope of skills allows Progent to identify and integrate the undamaged pieces of your network following a ransomware intrusion and reconstruct them quickly into an operational system. Progent has worked with leading cyber insurance carriers including Chubb to assist organizations recover from ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Analysis Expertise in Beverly Hills
To find out more about how Progent can help your Beverly Hills organization with ransomware forensics analysis, call 1-800-462-8800 or see Contact Progent.