Progent's Ransomware Forensics Investigation and Reporting in Beverly Hills
Progent's ransomware forensics experts can save the system state after a ransomware assault and perform a comprehensive forensics analysis without disrupting the processes required for business continuity and data restoration. Your Beverly Hills business can utilize Progent's post-attack forensics report to block subsequent ransomware attacks, assist in the restoration of lost data, and comply with insurance carrier and governmental requirements.
Ransomware forensics investigation is aimed at determining and documenting the ransomware attack's storyline throughout the network from beginning to end. This history of how a ransomware attack travelled within the network helps you to assess the damage and uncovers weaknesses in rules or work habits that should be corrected to avoid later break-ins. Forensic analysis is typically assigned a top priority by the cyber insurance provider and is typically required by state and industry regulations. Because forensic analysis can take time, it is essential that other important activities like operational resumption are performed in parallel. Progent has a large team of IT and security experts with the skills required to carry out the work of containment, business resumption, and data restoration without disrupting forensic analysis.
Ransomware forensics is time consuming and requires intimate interaction with the groups responsible for data cleanup and, if necessary, payment talks with the ransomware Threat Actor. forensics can require the review of logs, registry, Group Policy Object, Active Directory, DNS, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and basic Windows systems to detect changes.
Activities involved with forensics investigation include:
- Disconnect without shutting off all potentially suspect devices from the network. This can require closing all Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) ports and Internet facing network-attached storage, changing admin credentials and user PWs, and configuring two-factor authentication to secure your backups.
- Capture forensically complete digital images of all exposed devices so your file restoration team can proceed
- Preserve firewall, virtual private network, and other critical logs as soon as feasible
- Identify the type of ransomware used in the attack
- Survey every machine and data store on the system as well as cloud storage for signs of encryption
- Catalog all compromised devices
- Determine the type of ransomware involved in the assault
- Review logs and user sessions in order to determine the time frame of the attack and to identify any possible sideways migration from the originally compromised system
- Identify the attack vectors used to perpetrate the ransomware attack
- Search for new executables surrounding the original encrypted files or system compromise
- Parse Outlook PST files
- Examine email attachments
- Separate any URLs from email messages and determine whether they are malicious
- Provide detailed attack documentation to satisfy your insurance carrier and compliance mandates
- List recommendations to close cybersecurity gaps and improve processes that reduce the risk of a future ransomware exploit
Progent has provided online and on-premises network services across the United States for more than 20 years and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's team of subject matter experts (SBEs) includes professionals who have earned advanced certifications in foundation technology platforms such as Cisco infrastructure, VMware virtualization, and popular Linux distros. Progent's cybersecurity consultants have earned industry-recognized certifications including CISA, CISSP-ISSAP, and GIAC. (See Progent's certifications). Progent also has guidance in financial management and Enterprise Resource Planning applications. This breadth of expertise gives Progent the ability to salvage and integrate the undamaged parts of your IT environment after a ransomware assault and reconstruct them rapidly into an operational system. Progent has worked with top insurance providers like Chubb to assist organizations recover from ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Analysis Expertise in Beverly Hills
To learn more information about ways Progent can help your Beverly Hills organization with ransomware forensics, call 1-800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.