Overview of Progent's Ransomware Settlement Negotiation Consulting in Beverly Hills
Progent is experienced in negotiating ransomware settlements with threat actors (TAs). Negotiating an optimum settlement is a complicated activity that calls for a mix of field experience, technical skills and business savvy. It also calls for working closely with the ransomware victim's IT team and the insurance carrier, if there is one. Since the number one priority of the ransomware target is fast recovery, it is vital to deploy recovery groups that operate efficiently, in parallel, and with intimate collaboration. Progent offers the scope of technical skills and the deep bench of personnel to supplement your IT support team and restore your network environment rapidly and affordably.
Services provided by Progent's ransomware settlement experts include:
Concurrent with the settlement negotiations, Progent's ransomware staff can help with:
- Establishing the kind of ransomware used in the assault
- identifying and contacting the hacker
- Assessing the likelihood of recovery
- Validating the TA's decryption capabilities
- Agreeing on a settlement range with the ransomware victim and the insurance provider
- Negotiating a settlement and timeline with the hacker
- Checking compliance with anti-money laundering laws
- Carrying out the crypto-currency transfer to the hacker
- Acquiring, reviewing, and using the TA's decryption mechanism
- If necessary, contacting the hacker for technical assistance with the decryptor utility
Once the decryption tool has been mastered, Progent can help you to recover computers and services to their pre-arrack condition. Progent can also help you to perform comprehensive forensics and generate a document to share with the cyber insurance carrier. This report identifies security gaps that need to be eliminated and suggests steps to be taken to combat subsequent ransomware attacks.
- Quarantining affected endpoints to arrest the spread of the assault
- Creating replicas of each compromised server and endpoint and data store in order to perform forensics in parallel with cleanup
- Adding anti-virus protection to all virus-free endpoints
- Salvaging files from offline backups or unscathed endpoints
- Building a clean recovery environment
- Remapping and reconnecting datastores to reflect exactly their pre-attack state
In addition to demanding money for a decryption tool, modern variants of ransomware like Ryuk, Sodinokibi, DopplePaymer, and Egregor commonly try to exfiltrate files. TAs can then demand an additional payment for not divulging this data or selling it. Sadly, there is no way to be certain that exfiltrated files have been completely deleted by the TA. In fact, in many instances the hacker has little say about where the information ends up. Settling an exfiltration ransom does not free you from the necessity of seeking the advice of privacy lawyers, conducting an audit on which data were compromised, and sending the mandated alerts to affected entities. In almost all cases, paying an exfiltration ransom is a waste.
Progent has provided online and onsite network services across the United States for more than 20 years and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's team of SBEs includes professionals who have been awarded high-level certifications in core technologies such as Cisco infrastructure, VMware, and popular distributions of Linux. Progent's data security consultants have earned industry-recognized certifications including CISA, CISSP-ISSAP, and CRISC. (See certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also offers top-tier support in financial management and Enterprise Resource Planning software. This scope of expertise allows Progent to identify and consolidate the undamaged pieces of your information system following a ransomware intrusion and reconstruct them quickly into an operational network. Progent has worked with leading cyber insurance carriers including Chubb to help businesses clean up after ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Settlement Negotiation Expertise in Beverly Hills
To contact with Progent about crypto-ransomware settlement negotiation services in Beverly Hills, call Progent at 800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.