Progent's Ransomware Forensics Analysis and Reporting in Birmingham
Progent's ransomware forensics consultants can save the system state after a ransomware attack and perform a comprehensive forensics analysis without disrupting the processes related to business continuity and data restoration. Your Birmingham business can use Progent's post-attack forensics documentation to combat subsequent ransomware attacks, assist in the recovery of lost data, and comply with insurance carrier and governmental requirements.
Ransomware forensics investigation involves determining and describing the ransomware attack's storyline across the network from start to finish. This history of how a ransomware attack progressed within the network helps you to assess the impact and brings to light weaknesses in rules or work habits that should be rectified to avoid future break-ins. Forensics is usually given a top priority by the cyber insurance provider and is often mandated by government and industry regulations. Because forensic analysis can be time consuming, it is critical that other important activities like operational resumption are pursued concurrently. Progent maintains a large team of IT and cybersecurity professionals with the skills needed to perform activities for containment, operational resumption, and data restoration without interfering with forensic analysis.
Ransomware forensics is arduous and requires intimate interaction with the teams focused on file cleanup and, if necessary, settlement talks with the ransomware Threat Actor. forensics can require the examination of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object (GPO), Active Directory, DNS, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and core Windows systems to look for anomalies.
Services associated with forensics include:
- Disconnect but avoid shutting down all possibly suspect devices from the network. This can require closing all RDP ports and Internet facing network-attached storage, changing admin credentials and user PWs, and configuring 2FA to protect backups.
- Preserve forensically sound digital images of all suspect devices so your data restoration team can proceed
- Save firewall, VPN, and other key logs as quickly as feasible
- Establish the strain of ransomware involved in the assault
- Inspect every computer and storage device on the system as well as cloud storage for signs of compromise
- Inventory all encrypted devices
- Establish the kind of ransomware involved in the assault
- Study logs and sessions to determine the time frame of the ransomware assault and to spot any potential sideways migration from the first compromised machine
- Understand the attack vectors exploited to carry out the ransomware assault
- Look for new executables associated with the original encrypted files or system compromise
- Parse Outlook web archives
- Analyze email attachments
- Separate URLs embedded in email messages and check to see whether they are malware
- Provide detailed attack reporting to satisfy your insurance carrier and compliance requirements
- List recommendations to shore up security vulnerabilities and improve workflows that lower the risk of a future ransomware exploit
Progent has provided online and onsite IT services across the U.S. for more than 20 years and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's team of subject matter experts (SMEs) includes consultants who have earned high-level certifications in foundation technologies such as Cisco networking, VMware virtualization, and major Linux distros. Progent's cybersecurity consultants have earned industry-recognized certifications including CISA, CISSP-ISSAP, and GIAC. (Refer to certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also has top-tier support in financial management and Enterprise Resource Planning software. This scope of skills allows Progent to identify and integrate the undamaged pieces of your information system after a ransomware assault and reconstruct them quickly into a viable system. Progent has collaborated with top insurance providers including Chubb to assist organizations recover from ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Services in Birmingham
To find out more information about ways Progent can help your Birmingham organization with ransomware forensics investigation, call 1-800-462-8800 or see Contact Progent.