Progent's Ransomware Forensics and Reporting Services in Birmingham
Progent's ransomware forensics consultants can preserve the evidence of a ransomware assault and perform a comprehensive forensics analysis without interfering with the processes related to operational continuity and data recovery. Your Birmingham organization can utilize Progent's forensics report to counter future ransomware assaults, assist in the recovery of lost data, and meet insurance and regulatory requirements.
Ransomware forensics analysis is aimed at tracking and documenting the ransomware attack's progress throughout the targeted network from beginning to end. This audit trail of the way a ransomware assault progressed through the network helps your IT staff to evaluate the impact and uncovers vulnerabilities in policies or processes that should be rectified to prevent later break-ins. Forensics is commonly given a high priority by the cyber insurance carrier and is often required by government and industry regulations. Because forensic analysis can be time consuming, it is essential that other key activities like operational continuity are performed in parallel. Progent has a large roster of information technology and security professionals with the skills needed to carry out activities for containment, business resumption, and data restoration without interfering with forensic analysis.
Ransomware forensics investigation is complicated and calls for close cooperation with the groups responsible for data cleanup and, if needed, payment negotiation with the ransomware Threat Actor (TA). Ransomware forensics typically require the examination of logs, registry, GPO, AD, DNS, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and core Windows systems to look for changes.
Services associated with forensics investigation include:
- Disconnect but avoid shutting off all possibly affected devices from the network. This may require closing all RDP ports and Internet connected network-attached storage, changing admin credentials and user PWs, and configuring 2FA to secure backups.
- Preserve forensically complete images of all suspect devices so the data recovery group can proceed
- Save firewall, VPN, and other critical logs as quickly as possible
- Determine the kind of ransomware used in the assault
- Examine each machine and storage device on the network as well as cloud-hosted storage for indications of compromise
- Inventory all compromised devices
- Determine the type of ransomware involved in the attack
- Review logs and sessions to establish the time frame of the attack and to spot any possible lateral movement from the first infected system
- Understand the attack vectors used to carry out the ransomware attack
- Search for the creation of executables associated with the original encrypted files or system breach
- Parse Outlook PST files
- Examine attachments
- Separate any URLs embedded in messages and check to see whether they are malware
- Provide extensive attack documentation to satisfy your insurance carrier and compliance requirements
- Suggest recommended improvements to close cybersecurity gaps and enforce processes that reduce the exposure to a future ransomware exploit
Progent has provided remote and on-premises network services across the U.S. for more than two decades and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's roster of SMEs includes professionals who have earned advanced certifications in foundation technologies including Cisco networking, VMware, and major Linux distros. Progent's cybersecurity experts have earned internationally recognized certifications such as CISM, CISSP, and CRISC. (See Progent's certifications). Progent also has guidance in financial and Enterprise Resource Planning application software. This broad array of skills gives Progent the ability to salvage and integrate the undamaged parts of your network following a ransomware attack and reconstruct them quickly into an operational network. Progent has worked with top cyber insurance carriers like Chubb to help organizations recover from ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Expertise in Birmingham
To find out more about how Progent can assist your Birmingham organization with ransomware forensics analysis, call 1-800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.