Overview of Progent's Ransomware Forensics Analysis and Reporting Services in Birmingham
Progent's ransomware forensics consultants can capture the system state after a ransomware attack and perform a comprehensive forensics analysis without impeding the processes related to operational continuity and data restoration. Your Birmingham organization can utilize Progent's forensics documentation to combat subsequent ransomware attacks, assist in the cleanup of lost data, and meet insurance carrier and governmental reporting requirements.
Ransomware forensics analysis is aimed at determining and documenting the ransomware attack's storyline throughout the network from start to finish. This audit trail of the way a ransomware assault progressed through the network helps you to assess the damage and brings to light weaknesses in security policies or work habits that should be corrected to avoid later breaches. Forensic analysis is commonly given a high priority by the cyber insurance carrier and is often mandated by government and industry regulations. Because forensic analysis can take time, it is critical that other important recovery processes like business resumption are executed concurrently. Progent maintains an extensive roster of information technology and data security professionals with the skills needed to carry out the work of containment, business resumption, and data recovery without disrupting forensic analysis.
Ransomware forensics investigation is complex and requires intimate cooperation with the groups focused on data restoration and, if needed, settlement talks with the ransomware Threat Actor (TA). Ransomware forensics can require the examination of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object (GPO), AD, DNS, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and core Windows systems to check for variations.
Activities associated with forensics investigation include:
- Isolate without shutting down all potentially impacted devices from the network. This may require closing all Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) ports and Internet connected NAS storage, modifying admin credentials and user PWs, and configuring 2FA to secure backups.
- Capture forensically complete digital images of all suspect devices so your data restoration group can get started
- Save firewall, virtual private network, and additional critical logs as quickly as possible
- Establish the variety of ransomware involved in the assault
- Examine every computer and storage device on the system including cloud storage for indications of compromise
- Catalog all compromised devices
- Establish the kind of ransomware used in the assault
- Study logs and sessions to determine the timeline of the ransomware assault and to identify any potential lateral migration from the first compromised machine
- Understand the security gaps used to carry out the ransomware attack
- Look for the creation of executables surrounding the original encrypted files or network breach
- Parse Outlook web archives
- Examine attachments
- Separate any URLs from messages and determine if they are malware
- Produce detailed attack reporting to meet your insurance carrier and compliance requirements
- List recommended improvements to shore up security vulnerabilities and enforce processes that reduce the exposure to a future ransomware exploit
Progent has delivered online and onsite IT services across the United States for more than 20 years and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's roster of SBEs includes consultants who have earned high-level certifications in core technology platforms such as Cisco networking, VMware, and popular Linux distros. Progent's data security experts have earned prestigious certifications such as CISA, CISSP-ISSAP, and CRISC. (See Progent's certifications). Progent also offers guidance in financial management and ERP application software. This breadth of expertise allows Progent to identify and consolidate the surviving parts of your IT environment following a ransomware intrusion and reconstruct them quickly into a viable system. Progent has worked with top cyber insurance carriers including Chubb to assist businesses recover from ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Analysis Services in Birmingham
To learn more information about ways Progent can help your Birmingham organization with ransomware forensics, call 1-800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.