Progent's Ransomware Negotiation Consulting in Birmingham
Progent has experience negotiating ransomware settlements with hackers. Negotiating an optimum settlement is a complex exercise that calls for a combination of field experience, IT knowledge and business acumen. It also calls for close co-operation with the cyber-extortion target's IT team and the insurance carrier, if there is one. Because the number one goal of the ransomware victim is fast recovery, it is critical to deploy response teams that work effectively, concurrently, and with intimate collaboration. Progent offers the breadth of IT knowledge and the depth of personnel to supplement your network staff and recover your network rapidly and economically.
Services available from Progent's ransomware settlement negotiation team include:
In parallel with the settlement negotiations, Progent's ransomware staff can help with:
- Determining the kind of ransomware used in the assault
- Identifying and communicating with the hacker
- Assessing the recovery risk
- Verifying the hacker's decryption tool
- Determining a settlement amount with the victim and the cyber insurance provider
- Negotiating a settlement and timeline with the hacker
- Confirming accordance with anti-money laundering laws
- Overseeing the crypto-currency transfer to the TA
- Acquiring, reviewing, and using the TA's decryption mechanism
- If necessary, contacting the threat actor for technical assistance with the decryption tool
Once the decryption tool has been learned, Progent can assist you to restore machines and services to their pre-arrack condition. Progent can also help you to perform comprehensive forensics and create a report to deliver to the cyber insurance provider. This document helps you to understand cybersecurity vulnerabilities that must be fixed and recommends actions to be taken to counter subsequent ransomware attacks.
- Quarantining affected endpoints and data stores to prevent further progress of the attack
- Making replicas of every compromised server and endpoint and data store in order to perform forensics in parallel with restoration
- Installing A/V protection to all clean endpoints
- Restoring data from air-gapped backups or unscathed machines
- Building a clean environment
- Remapping and reconnecting drives to reflect exactly their pre-encryption state
Paying Exfiltration Ransoms
In addition to demanding payment for a decryption tool, current variants of crypto-ransomware like Ryuk, Sodinokibi, Netwalker, and Egregor commonly try to steal (or "exfiltrate") information. TAs are then able to require an extra payment in exchange for not divulging this data or selling it. Sadly, there exists no way to prove that stolen data have been completely deleted by the TA. Actually, in numerous instances the TA has limited control over data custody. Paying an exfiltration ransom does not free you from the necessity of seeking the advice of privacy lawyers, conducting an audit on which files were taken, and performing the mandated alerts to affected entities. In almost all cases, paying an exfiltration ransom is a waste.
Progent has delivered online and onsite network services throughout the U.S. for over two decades and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's team of SBEs includes consultants who have been awarded high-level certifications in foundation technology platforms including Cisco infrastructure, VMware virtualization, and popular Linux distros. Progent's cybersecurity experts have earned prestigious certifications including CISA, CISSP-ISSAP, and CRISC. (See Progent's certifications). Progent also offers top-tier support in financial management and ERP software. This broad array of skills gives Progent the ability to identify and integrate the undamaged parts of your network after a ransomware assault and reconstruct them rapidly into an operational network. Progent has collaborated with leading insurance providers like Chubb to help businesses recover from ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Settlement Services in Birmingham
To contact with Progent about crypto-ransomware settlement guidance in Birmingham, phone Progent at 800-462-8800 or go to Contact Progent.