Expanding your remote workforce can have a major impact on network architecture, cybersecurity, and company workflows. Progent has 20 years of experience helping businesses of all sizes to plan, deploy, manage, tune, and debug IT networks that incorporate at-home workers. Progent can help your Boston organization to pick the right technologies and adhere to best practices in creating and operating a safe virtual office solution for telecommuters that promotes collaboration and returns top value. Progent offers support services ranging from on demand expertise for helping you over occasional IT bottlenecks to full project management or co-management to help you carry out mission-critical initiatives.
Progent can help Boston, Massachusetts companies to with any facet of building a high-performing work-from-home ecosystem by delivering network infrastructure configuration services, VoIP PBX troubleshooting, voice/video conferencing integration, collaboration platform customization and training, public cloud connectivity, Help Desk outsourcing, endpoint security, data protection solutions, and streamlined management.
Infrastructure for a Remote Workforce
Integrating the network infrastructure required to support an at-home work environment can be especially challenging if you have to accommodate a mix of worker-owned equipment like desktop computers and laptops, routers, and wireless appliances from an assortment of vendors and with a mix of operating systems and firmware levels. Progent's experience providing online help for both outdated and current technologies in virtual office venues enables you to make efficient use of your available infrastructure and offers fast access to top-tire consultants for implement essential upgrades. Support services offered by Progent to help you to create a productive work-at-home infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) technology allows you to establish a secure tunnel for authenticated remote workers to use IT resources situated at your company data center or in a public cloud. Progent's consultants can assist your company to deploy and manage VPN access between your teleworkers and your various network resources by providing online VPN configuration support. For organizations with Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA Firewall consultants can assist your telecommuters to set up Cisco's AnyConnect software for safe VPN tunneling for a broad range of devices including Windows, macOS, iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) platforms allow a teleworker to see and use a data center computer's desktop. This technology gives network managers substantial control over the digital environment of telecommuters and ensures remote users a consistent and more productive experience. Progent's VDI services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI solutions.
- Routers attach at-home networks to the Internet and typically support VPN tunnels, local Wi-Fi connectivity, and firewalls. Progent can provide top-tier online support for configuring home routers from all major manufacturers. See router integration services from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wireless networks, typically shared by the whole family and guests, are frequently utilized by telecommuters to connect to their router for work. This can cause performance as well as security issues. Progent can assist you to mitigate these problems by delivering services that include Aironet configuration expertise, Cisco-certified Meraki WiFi deployment consulting, and Ubiquiti WiFi access point integration assistance.
- Internet connectivity methods affect the performance and availability of connections between telecommuters and the company network. Line-of-business processes might require backup Internet connections in case the primary connection fails. Progent offers expertise for selecting service providers, selecting appropriate bandwidth and data volume bundles, and setting up high-availability Internet access. Refer to Internet connectivity solutions.
VoIP Integration for Teleworkers
Extending the business PBX system to include remote users is critical to supporting a productive at-home workforce. A broad range of cloud-based digital PBX products are used by small and mid-size businesses to server teleworkers. Many enterprises depend on Cisco's current or older platforms for VoIP solutions. Progent can help organizations of any size to design or tune a telecommuter VoIP environment that delivers the flexibility, transparency and protection required for remote users. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice consultants can provide advanced support to help businesses tune their current Cisco VoIP systems to support an expanding remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM) extends enterprise telephony features to devices such as VoIP phones, media processing platforms, VoIP gateways, and mixed media software used throughout the network. Unified Communications Manager supports other combined media services like unified messaging, voice/video conferencing, and team interaction networks. For more information about Progent's Cisco Unified CM or CUCM support, see Cisco Unified Communications Manager consulting services.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing software and has been replaced by Cisco Unified CM or CUCM. Progent can assist your company to maintain your existing CallManager environment or upgrade smoothly to Cisco's current IP telephony solutions. For details about Progent's support services for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other older VoIP products, visit CallManager consulting services.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide connectivity with PSTN networks and with clients working outside the corporate firewall
like telecommuters. Progent can provide consulting expertise for Cisco's legacy IP gateways such as the UC520, UC540 and UC560 series as well as for modern Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway configuration expertise.
- Additional VoIP Platforms supported by Progent include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can assist you to update your WAN architecture to work with these solutions and provide on-demand deployment and troubleshooting expertise.
Voice/Video Conferencing for Teleworkers
A wide range of video conferencing platforms from major technology companies support virtual discussions, video and voice conferencing, chat sessions, and screen sharing for both local users and telecommuters. Many organizations utilize a mix of conferencing products to accommodate their various partners and clients. Progent can help you to maintain your existing conferencing ecosystem and optimize the productivity of your at-home workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular communications platform that enables real-time presence, instant messaging, voice and video calling and conferencing plus the seamless integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications such as PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent can provide the expertise of Microsoft-certified specialists who can assist you to deploy and maintain Skype for Business client software to support your remote employees. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Skype for Business, visit Skype for Business consulting experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video calling platform for compatible iOS, iPadOS, iPod and macOS computers and smartphones. FaceTime works on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Later versions of FaceTime allow as many as 32 concurrent users for video calls. For details about Progent's support expertise for FaceTime, visit Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports remote conferencing for most computing devices. Delivered through Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex services include sharing discrete content or screens, presentations that embed rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint, network-based capture, plus editing and playback for training. To learn more about Progent's support services for Webex and for other IP video products from Cisco, visit Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams provides a portal for conferencing, contacts, and content with features that include video calling, persistent chat, plus data sharing. For details about Progent's support services for Microsoft Teams and for additional Microsoft 365 apps, visit Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver integration and debugging expertise for these products and
assist your business to tune your WAN architecture to host them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Platforms for At-Home Workers
Microsoft's collaboration products are closely integrated with Microsoft's popular Office and Microsoft 365 families, offering a powerful ecosystem of applications that create a cohesive user experience for exchanging data and ideas throughout multiple sites and on a wide range of endpoint computers. Progent has provided remote consulting support for SharePoint and Exchange since their initial releases and can assist your company to configure these flagship collaboration products to maximize the productivity of your remote workers.
SharePoint uses web sites to allow collaboration and knowledge delivery by providing policy-driven delivery of content, business processes, and utilities for looking through enterprise-wide information silos. SharePoint allows you to build protected web portals that enables remote workforce to see and update aggregated business intelligence by means of Wikis, Blogs, social sites, and Web Parts. To find out about Progent's SharePoint consulting services, see SharePoint configuration and development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For details about Progent's Exchange consulting services, refer to deployment consulting services for Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoft's shared cloud storage service, comparable to GoogleDrive. At-home workers can store files to the OneDrive service, and co-workers anywhere can retrieve them securely through a browser. Included with Office and Microsoft 365, OneDrive enables remote workers to jointly author files. Revisions made offline are synced when you reconnect to the Internet. To find out about Progent's expertise for OneDrive, go to Onedrive configuration consulting.
Cloud Integration for At-Home Workers
Progent can provide advanced remote support for helping organizations to create, manage and troubleshoot integrated network architectures that include internal data centers, telecommuters, branches, and cloud resources. Progent can provide expertise for all types of public cloud service including Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service. Progent can help teleworkers resolve problems with public cloud access, identity, and cybersecurity.
Azure is a leading platform for cloud software and services that allows you to utilize infrastructure, servers, and critical applications running on Microsoft's massive cloud. Azure includes over 100 services services including the ability to host Windows and Linux-powered virtual machines, on-demand cloud storage, email and messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and backup/restore. Progent can assist your organization to set up VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, configure storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity management with Azure AD, and design backup and restore solutions with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also help you create protected connections to Azure services for at-home workers by configuring and debugging firewall appliances and VPN IPsec tunnels. To find out about Progent's expertise for Microsoft Azure, go to Microsoft Azure consulting services.
Microsoft 365, formerly called Office 365, is Microsoft's growing suite of client productivity applications and cloud services offered on a subscription basis. Office apps and cloud services are marketed in a selection of bundles designed for users ranging from students and small offices to major enterprises. Progent can provide fast and affordable online access to experts knowledgeable about Microsoft 365-compatible devices based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent's experts can help your business to evaluate the various subscription plans offered with Microsoft 365 and configure 365 applications for your teleworkers in a way that delivers top business value. To find out about Progent's support services for Microsoft 365, refer to Microsoft 365 consulting support.
Exchange Online is among the most popular applications in the Microsoft 365 product line. Microsoft 365 Exchange Online offers the advantages of lower costs for physical infrastructure, simplified management, dynamic scaling, high availability, and additional advantages inherent with public clouds. Microsoft has designed Microsoft 365 Exchange Online to run transparently with local Exchange environments, enabling you to create hybrid information systems. Progent's Exchange consultants can provide occasional assistance to guide you past tough IT bottlenecks and also offer end-to-end project management services to make sure your remote workers have easy and safe access to your Exchange Online deployment. For details Progent's support services for Exchange Online, go to Microsoft 365 Exchange Online integration and support expertise.
Amazon AWS is a trailblazer in the public cloud computing arena and is the industry's leading source of cloud-based services. Progent can provide rapid and economical online contact with cloud integration consultants who can assist your business to design, deploy, manage, and troubleshoot hybrid information networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud services with local resources and with other public clouds such as Azure. Progent also offers access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to assist you to create a high-uptime network architecture so your employees have a consistent computing environment regardless of whether they are working from your headquarters, a branch office, from home, or on the move. To find out about Progent's expertise for Amazon AWS, go to Amazon AWS consulting services.
Google Cloud Platform (GCP) is a popular collection of cloud services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can help you to expand your current IT assets with the Google Cloud, and Progent's DBA experts can help you make your critical apps cloud friendly so your remote workers can benefit fully from Google Cloud services. Progent can help you to deploy virtual machines on GCP Compute Engine, design an efficient storage solution with Google Cloud Storage services, and streamline access management for teleworkers with Google Cloud Identity services. Progent's consultants can also assist your organization to utilize GCP's management tools to control and track your Google Cloud ecosystem. To learn, refer to Google Cloud Platform integration expertise.
Help Desk Call Center Services for Teleworkers
A sudden, enterprise-wide changeover to a from-home business model, which might be motivated by an epidemic or as part of a disaster recovery/business continuity process, can overwhelm even a high-performing in-house Help Desk. Progent's Call Center services make it possible for businesses of any size to outsource or supplement their Support Desk by using Progent's remote Technical Response Center services.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk Call Center support services utilize Progent's nationwide network of online technical support specialists combined with enterprise-class ticketing and tracking technology to offer an affordable, advanced Help Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide an end-to-end solution that addresses all facets of online Level 1 PC technical support from initial help requests to trouble ticket creation, desktop sharing, problem resolution, and reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal allows from-home workers to track or edit the status of their active trouble tickets, enter information, and append screen captures and relevant files. Technical support services are delivered at a significant discount off Progent's normal Level 1 desktop support rates, and Progent makes available the option of fast hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 support experts to deal with complex issues. For details, visit Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small businesses.
- Progent's Help Desk Call Center Supplemental Service enables you to supplement your existing Support Desk staff by sharing responsibilities for Call Center support services seamlessly between your regular support organization and Progent's extensive team of PC support technicians and subject matter specialists. Progent's shared Call Center service uses a collaborative support model utilizing the leading professional services automation tool for managing service requests and ticketing, establishing ownership, monitoring progress, and generating reports. For details about how Progent's Help Desk Augmentation Services can help your company to deliver world-class desktop support to your at-home workforce, see Progent's Support Desk supplementation Services.
Security and Compliance for Teleworkers
Work-from-Home (WFH) staff members typically utilize their own devices and often operate in an unsecured physical space. This increases their vulnerability to cyber threats and requires careful deployment of corporate firewalls, anti-malware tools, MFA-based identity verification, remote endpoint monitoring, extensive end-user training, and the development of security policies built on leading practices. Progent's seasoned group of IT security solutions consultants can assist you to plan, configure and maintain an effective cybersecurity solution that guards critical IT assets in networks that incorporate an at-home workforce.
Firewalls enable you to create a network environment that can be safely utilized by local users and by an at-home workforce, mobile workers, vendors, customers, and other stakeholders. Next-generation firewall devices allow you to assign and manage appropriate access rights to different classes of users and to scale your network and modify your security profile as your business evolves and as cyber threats become increasingly sophisticated. Progent works with both current and older firewall devices from all major vendors including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. To learn more about Progent's firewall integration services, visit firewall support expertise.
Online Endpoint Monitoring makes it possible to track the disparate devices used by an at-home workforce and either reject or spot and respond to modern threats like ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a small-footprint software agent is installed on each secured endpoint device, watching all activity and using advanced AI technology from SentinelOne to detect zero-day attacks before they can spread. When a cyberattack is spotted, ProSight ASM immediately isolates the impacted device from the network to contain the malware. Because the ProSight ASM software agent is self-contained, endpoint devices stay secure even when they are disconnected from the Internet. Progent is a SentinelOne Partner, reseller, and integrator. To find out more about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, see remote endpoint security monitoring for remote workers.
Progent's Duo MFA Service Plans incorporate Cisco's Duo cloud technology to protect against compromised passwords through the use of two-factor authentication (2FA). Duo supports one-tap identity confirmation with iOS, Android, and other personal devices. With 2FA, whenever you sign into a protected online account and enter your password you are requested to confirm who you are on a unit that only you have and that uses a separate network channel. A wide range of devices can be utilized for this added means of authentication including an iPhone or Android or watch, a hardware/software token, a landline phone, etc. You may register several verification devices. For details about ProSight Duo identity validation services, go to Duo MFA two-factor authentication (2FA) services for telecommuters.
Security Audits can assess the vulnerability of your network to all classes of outside and local security attacks for a network that incorporates an at-home workforce. Progent can run online, automated security analysis software for quickly and economically detecting a wide variety of security gaps that can be found via the Internet. Progent's security audit consulting services, which can be provided by data security professionals with top certifications including CISA, CISSP, and GIAC, can help your company to evaluate your workflows and governance policies and assess your IT architecture to enable you to design top-level security for your teleworkers.
Horizon3.ai's NodeZero Penetration Testing Platform is a leading-edge penetration test (pentest) product family that supports automated threat assessment of your at-home environment as well as your internal and perimeter networks to help you identify, rank, fix, and verify security vulnerabilities before malicious hackers can take advantage of them. Progent can assist you to deploy NodeZero to perform comprehensive penetration tests of your network perimeter and your internal network in order to determine your current security posture. Progent's NodeZero experts can also help you to strengthen your existing network security and can help you to design and deploy a unified cybersecurity ecosystem that simplifies management and provides optimum protection for on-premises, cloud-based, remote, and perimeter IT resources. To learn additional information about Progent's vulnerability analysis services powered by on NodeZero's pentest platform, refer to Consulting Services for NodeZero's Pentest Platform.
Download White Paper: Protecting a Work-From-Home (WFH) Network
To read or download a white paper about critical things to concentrate on for securing a network that includes work-from-home staff, click:
Securing a Work-From-Home Network White Paper. (PDF - 2.4 MB)
Data Protection Solutions for Teleworkers
The field of Data Protection involves backing up and restoring vital data so as to prevent data loss and minimize recovery time in the event of storage system problems resulting from equipment issues, software hiccups, human mistakes, malware, or other causes. Reliable data protection solutions can be particularly difficult to architect and manage in hybrid networks that combine private data centers, public clouds, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Restore solutions for at-home workers must cover diverse types of user-owned endpoints. Progent offers fast remote access to experts knowledgeable about a wide array of products for protection Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktops as well as laptops, iPads and handhelds. Popular backup/recovery products supported by Progent's backup/recovery experts include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To back up data distributed throughout a hybrid network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a backup/recovery service that uses cloud-based storage and includes granular restore and unified management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) strategies typically anticipate circumstances that call for a temporary switch to telecommuting. Progent's expert disaster recovery preparedness experts and business continuity specialists can help your business to create, document and validate a DR/BC plan that includes the logistics of switching to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for Telecommuters
Microsoft has rebranded and rebundled its endpoint management products under the title Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud-based management of remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing on-premises endpoints. Endpoint Manager features a unified environment for safeguarding corporate data by controlling on-premises, mobile, and at-home endpoint devices.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also includes Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and securing off-premises computers and software. Remote endpoint computers can be user owned or company owned. Network administrators managing the endpoint devices of at-home workers can utilize Intune to provision and authenticate apps on devices, push updates and certificates, set up policies for permission to access information and resources, manage passwords, establish VPN connections, determine how home-based workers share information, establish threat protection, verify compliance, and wipe corporate information from missing, stolen or deactivated endpoint devices. Intune runs with Apple iOS, Android, Windows, and macOS computers. For details about Intune and how Progent can help you to use this platform to manage the endpoint devices of your at-home workforce, go to Intune remote device management experts.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich centralized Mobile Device Management platform that allows network administrators to keep remote endpoints up to date and protected. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch technology for centralized endpoint management along with VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery technology for authorization control, application management, and configuration management of endpoint computers. Workspace ONE runs with devices powered by Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or leading distros of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-site deployment via a one-time purchase. Key features of Workspace ONE include rapid over-the-air provisioning of out-of-the-box laptops, quick onboarding of new users, policy set up and enforcement for all categories of endpoints, aggregated management reporting and performance analytics, an email encryption gateway, and seamless integration with Microsoft applications and cloud-based products. To find out about Progent's expertise for VMware Workspace ONE, go to VMware Workspace ONE mobile endpoint management expertise.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Support Services
To contact Progent about creating and managing an efficient work-from-home environment for your Boston, Massachusetts organization, call 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.