Expanding your telecommuter workforce may have a significant effect on network infrastructure, security/compliance, and company processes. Progent has 20 years of experience assisting SMBs to plan, configure, manage, optimize, and troubleshoot IT environments that incorporate a remote workforce. Progent can help your Brighton organization to pick the right tools and adhere to leading practices in creating and maintaining a safe virtual office solution for teleworkers that promotes teamwork and delivers top value. Progent can provide support services ranging from on demand expertise for helping you over challenging IT bottlenecks to full project management or co-management to help you successfully complete mission-critical initiatives.
Progent can assist Brighton, United Kingdom businesses to succeed with any aspect of creating a high-functioning work-at-home ecosystem by providing infrastructure design and configuration services, VoIP PBX troubleshooting, voice/video conferencing support, collaboration platform selection and deployment, public cloud connectivity, Call Desk outsourcing, security monitoring, backup/restore solutions, and streamlined management.
Network Infrastructure for Teleworkers
Configuring the physical and software infrastructure required for an at-home work environment can be particularly complex if you must accommodate a mix of worker-owned equipment like PCs and laptops, routers, and Wi-Fi APs from an assortment of vendors and with a variety of operating systems and firmware levels. Progent's background providing remote help for both legacy as well as modern technologies in virtual office solutions enables you to make efficient use of your available infrastructure and offers ready access to top-tire consultants for implement necessary updates. Services offered by Progent to help you to create a productive work-at-home infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) connectivity allows you to create a safe tunnel for authenticated at-home employees to access IT resources located at your corporate data center or in a public cloud. Progent can assist your company to deploy and manage VPN connections between your teleworkers and your key IT resources by providing online VPN configuration consulting. For businesses with Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco ASA Firewall consultants can help your at-home workers to set up Cisco's AnyConnect client software for safe VPN connections for a broad selection of devices including Windows, Mac, Apple iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure products enable an at-home worker to see and interact with a remote PC's desktop. This provides network managers more control over the digital environment of telecommuters and ensures remote users a familiar experience. Progent's VDI services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI solutions.
- Routers attach at-home networks to the Internet and typically support VPN connections, home Wi-Fi connectivity, and firewalls. Progent offers top-tier remote support for integrating routers from a range of vendors. See router integration support from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wireless networks, typically supporting families and visitors, are frequently used by telecommuters to connect to their Internet router for work. This can cause throughput and cybersecurity problems. Progent can assist businesses to resolve these problems by delivering services like Cisco Aironet configuration expertise, Cisco Meraki wireless installation expertise, and Ubiquiti Unifi wireless AP setup assistance.
- Internet access solutions affect the performance and availability of connections between at-home workers and the corporate network. Business-critical applications might demand backup Internet connections in the event the primary connection breaks. Progent can provide guidance for identifying Internet service providers, selecting appropriate bandwidth and data volume bundles, and integrating fault-tolerant Internet connections. See Internet connectivity integration services.
VoIP Solutions for Teleworkers
Extending the company PBX environment to include telecommuters is critical to maintaining a productive work-at-home solution. A variety of cloud-based digital PBX platforms are used by SMBs to server remote users. Many larger organizations rely on Cisco's current or older platforms for VoIP management. Progent can help organizations of all sizes to design or maintain a telecommuter IP voice service that provides the flexibility, transparency and security needed for at-home workers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice consultants can provide advanced support to help businesses optimize their current Cisco IP voice systems to support an expanding at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM) extends enterprise telephony capabilities to devices like VoIP phones, media processing platforms, VoIP gateways, and multimedia apps deployed across the network. CUCM manages additional combined media services like messaging, video conferencing, and customer interaction networks. For more information about Progent's Cisco Unified CM or CUCM support, see Cisco Unified Communications Manager expertise.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing agent and has been replaced by CUCM. Progent can assist your company to maintain your current CallManager deployment or upgrade smoothly to Cisco's modern IP telephony solutions. For details about Progent's expertise for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other early IP voice platforms, visit CallManager expertise.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable connectivity with public telephony networks and with users operating outside the corporate perimeter
like telecommuters. Progent can provide consulting expertise for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways like the UC520, UC540 and UC560 products and for modern Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway integration expertise.
- Additional VoIP Platforms supported by Progent include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can help you to update your WAN architecture to work with these VoIP solutions and deliver online integration and troubleshooting expertise.
Video Conferencing for Teleworkers
A broad selection of voice/video conferencing platforms from leading technology companies support virtual discussions, video and voice conferencing, chat, and screen/content sharing for both local users and at-home workers. Many companies utilize a mix of conferencing products to meet the needs of their different partners and clients. Progent can assist your organization to manage your current conferencing environment and enhance the productivity of your remote employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading communications product that supports presence, instant messaging, audio and video calling and conferencing as well as the seamless integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent can provide the skills of Microsoft-certified specialists who can help your company to set up and manage Skype for Business clients to accommodate your remote employees. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business consulting services.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video calling platform for compatible iOS, iPadOS, iPod and macOS computers and smartphones. FaceTime runs over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Later editions of FaceTime support up to 32 concurrent users for voice/video calls. For details about Progent's support expertise for FaceTime, visit Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides online conferencing for virtually all desktop or mobile devices. Delivered through Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex capabilities include sharing granular content or computer screens, presentations that incorporate rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint, session recording, plus editing and playback for future reference. For details about Progent's support services for Cisco Webex as well as for other IP video solutions from Cisco, see Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams provides a portal for conversations, contacts, and content with capabilities such as IP voice and video conferencing, persistent chat, plus data sharing. For details about Progent's support services for Microsoft Teams as well as for other Microsoft 365 apps, see Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Voice/Video Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver configuration and troubleshooting expertise for these conferencing platforms and
help you to tune your WAN architecture to host them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Platforms for Teleworkers
Microsoft's collaboration products are tightly integrated with Microsoft's familiar Microsoft Office and Microsoft 365 families, providing a powerful environment of applications that deliver a cohesive user experience for exchanging information across multiple sites and on a broad selection of endpoint devices. Progent has provided remote consulting services for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange since their first releases and can help businesses to deploy these flagship collaboration platforms to maximize the productivity of your remote workforce.
SharePoint utilizes web entities to enable collaboration and knowledge delivery by providing policy-based delivery of content, business processes, and tools for looking through enterprise-wide business data. SharePoint permits you to build protected portals that enables remote workforce to see and update consolidated corporate intelligence via Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social networking web sites, and Web Parts. For information about Progent's SharePoint consulting services, see SharePoint configuration and development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For details about Progent's Exchange expertise, see deployment consulting for Microsoft Exchange.
OneDrive is MicrosoftÔŅĹs collaborative cloud-based file hosting and synchronization service, comparable to GoogleDrive. At-home users can store files to the OneDrive service, and co-workers anywhere can access them safely via a browser. Included with Office and Microsoft 365, OneDrive enables home employees to co-edit files. Edits created offline are automatically uploaded when you reconnect to the Internet. To find out about Progent's support services for OneDrive, refer to Onedrive configuration experts.
Cloud Integration Services for Teleworkers
Progent offers fast and affordable online support for helping organizations to build, manage and repair integrated hybrid network models that combine physical data centers, telecommuters, branches, plus public cloud services. Progent can provide top-tier consultant for all types of cloud service including Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help telecommuters resolve problems with cloud connectivity, authentication, and security.
Azure is a leading platform for public cloud services that allows you to use infrastructure, virtual servers, and key apps hosted on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Microsoft Azure offers more than one hundred services services such as the ability to host Windows and Linux-powered VMs, scalable cloud storage, email and messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and backup/restore. Progent can assist you to deploy VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity management with Azure AD, and plan data backup and restore systems with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also help you establish protected connections to Azure services for at-home workers by setting up and debugging firewalls and VPN tunnels. To find out about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Azure, refer to Microsoft Azure consulting services.
Microsoft 365, previously called Office 365, is Microsoft's popular suite of client productivity software and cloud-based services available on a subscription basis. Microsoft applications and services are provided in a selection of plans intended for users ranging from individuals and households to major enterprises. Progent offers quick and easy online access to experts knowledgeable about Microsoft 365-compatible endpoints based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent can help your business to evaluate the various subscription plans available for Microsoft 365 and deploy 365 apps for your telecommuters to achieve top business value. For details about Progent's expertise for Microsoft 365, go to Microsoft 365 consulting support.
Exchange Online is among the most popular cloud-based applications in Azure-hosted Microsoft 365 product suite. Microsoft 365 Exchange Online offers the benefits of lower spending for data center infrastructure, simplified management, on-demand scaling, high reliability, and additional benefits associated with public clouds. Microsoft has designed Exchange Online to run transparently with on-premises Exchange environments, allowing you to build hybrid information systems. Progent's Exchange consultants are available for occasional assistance to guide you past challenging IT bottlenecks and can also provide comprehensive project management outsourcing to ensure your telecommuters have convenient and safe access to your Exchange Online deployment. For details Progent's support services for Microsoft 365 Exchange Online, visit Microsoft 365 Exchange Online configuration and support expertise.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a trailblazer in the public cloud computing arena and is the industry's biggest source of cloud-based services. Progent can provide quick and affordable online access to cloud connectivity consultants who can assist your organization to design, deploy, manage, and debug hybrid information networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud services with on-premises data centers and with other popular cloud platforms such as Azure. Progent also can provide access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to help your company to create a high-uptime network architecture to make sure your employees have a productive computing experience whether they are working from your headquarters, a remote branch, from home, or on the move. For information about Progent's consulting expertise for Amazon AWS, refer to Amazon AWS integration services.
Google Cloud is a popular collection of cloud computing services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can assist your organization to extend your existing IT assets with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's DBA consultants can show you how to make your key apps cloud ready so your teleworkers can take full advantage of Google Cloud Platform services. Progent's consultants can help you to set up virtual machines on GCP Compute Engine, plan an efficient storage system with GCP Storage, and streamline access management for telecommuters with GCP Cloud Identity. Progent's experts can also help your business to use GCP's management tools to control and monitor your Google Cloud ecosystem. To learn, visit Google Cloud Platform consulting services.
Help Desk Services for At-Home Workers
A sudden, organization-wide changeover to a from-home business model, which could be the result of an epidemic or as part of a business continuity process, can overwhelm even a well-staffed in-house Call Desk. Progent's Help Desk Call Center services make it possible for organizations of any size to outsource or augment their Help Desk with Progent's remote Technical Response Center team.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk support services utilize Progent's extensive team of online technical support specialists combined with world-class ticketing and tracking technology to provide an economical, modern Help Desk Call Center. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide an end-to-end solution that handles all aspects of online Level 1 desktop technical support from help requests to ticket generation, screen sharing, issue resolution, and reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal allows teleworkers to monitor or revise the status of their active tickets, add details, and upload screenshots and attachments. Desktop support services are delivered at a substantial price reduction off Progent's normal Level 1 technical service rates, and Progent makes available optional rapid hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 support specialists to resolve complex problems. For more information, see Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small and mid-size companies.
- Progent's Support Desk Supplemental Service enables you to expand your existing Call Center team by splitting delivery of Help Desk services transparently between your in-house IT support organization and Progent's nationwide team of desktop support engineers and subject matter specialists. Progent's co-managed Help Desk Call Center service uses a collective support solution based on the number one professional services automation (PSA) tool for handling service requests and ticketing, assigning responsibility, monitoring progress, and generating reports. For information about how Progent's Call Desk Augmentation Services can help your business to deliver best-in-class IT support to your at-home workforce, refer to Progent's Support Desk augmentation Services.
Security for Telecommuters
Work-from-Home (WFH) employees typically utilize their personal devices and often work in a poorly secured physical space. This situation increases their vulnerability to cyber threats and calls for judicious configuration of firewalls, AV tools, MFA-based identity verification, remote monitoring, extensive user education, and the creation of policies based on leading practices. Progent's seasoned roster of cybersecurity solutions consultants can help your business to design, configure and maintain an effective security solution that guards critical information assets in environments that include at-home workers.
Firewalls allow you to build a network that can be securely utilized by on-premises users and by telecommuters, mobile workers, vendors, customers, and the public. Next-generation firewall appliances permit you to configure and control different permissions to different classes of users and to expand your IT network and modify your security as your business evolves and as cyber threats grow increasingly complex. Progent works with both current and older security devices from all leading vendors like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, and Fortinet. To find out more about Progent's firewall configuration services, go to firewall configuration and support services.
Remote Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it possible to track the various computers used by remote workers and either reject or spot and respond to the latest threats such as ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a small-footprint agent is put on each secured endpoint device, monitoring all activity and utilizing advanced machine learning and full execution context from SentinelOne to identify zero-day threats at inception. When a cyberattack is discovered, ProSight Active Security Monitoring immediately isolates the targeted endpoint device from the corporate network to contain the threat. Because the ProSight ASM agent is self-contained, endpoints remain protected even if they are offline. For details about ProSight ASM, go to remote endpoint monitoring for an at-home workforce.
Progent's Duo authentication managed services utilize Cisco's Duo cloud technology to defend against stolen passwords by using two-factor authentication. Duo enables one-tap identity confirmation with iOS, Android, and other personal devices. With 2FA, whenever you sign into a secured online account and give your password you are asked to verify your identity on a device that only you have and that is accessed using a separate network channel. A broad range of out-of-band devices can be used for this added form of authentication including an iPhone or Android or watch, a hardware/software token, a landline telephone, etc. You may register several verification devices. To learn more about Duo two-factor identity authentication services, visit Cisco Duo MFA two-factor authentication services for an at-home workforce.
Security Audits can evaluate the vulnerability of your network to all classes of outside and internal security threats for a network that incorporates remote workers. Progent can run remote, automated cybersecurity analysis software for rapidly and economically detecting a broad range of security holes that can be found via the Internet. Progent's security assessment consulting services, which can be provided by security experts with top credentials including CISA, CISSP, and GIAC, can assist you to evaluate your workflows and policies and review your IT infrastructure to enable you to design the highest level of protection for your an at-home workforce.
Download White Paper: Protecting a Work-From-Home (WFH) Network
To view or download a white paper describing key areas to concentrate on for securing an IT environment that includes telecommuters, click:
Protecting a Work-From-Home (WFH) Network White Paper. (PDF - 2.4 MB)
Data Protection Solutions for Teleworkers
The field of Data Protection covers saving and restoring critical data so as to avoid data loss and minimize restoration time and effort in case of storage problems due to hardware breakdowns, programming glitches, operator error, malware, or other causes. Reliable data protection strategies can be especially challenging to architect and manage in hybrid environments that combine local data centers, public clouds, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Recovery solutions for at-home workers must address diverse types of user-owned endpoints. Progent can provide fast online access to experts knowledgeable about a broad array of products for backing up Microsoft Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktop computers as well as notebooks, iPads and handhelds. Popular backup/restore products supported by Progent's backup/recovery consultants include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Mozy, and Time Machine. To protect resources spread across a wide area network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services, a managed backup/recovery service that uses cloud storage and features granular recovery and centralized management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity plans typically anticipate circumstances that require a rapid changeover to an at-home workforce. Progent's senior disaster recovery preparedness consultants and business continuity planning specialists can assist your company to create, document and test a DR/BC plan that addresses the process of moving to telecommuting.
Unified Management for Teleworkers
Microsoft has renamed and rebundled its endpoint management platforms under the name Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud management of mobile and remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing onsite endpoints. Microsoft Endpoint Manager provides a centralized platform for safeguarding critical information by managing onsite, mobile, and home-based endpoints.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also features Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and protecting mobile devices and software. Remote endpoint devices can be user owned or business owned. Network administrators managing the enrolled endpoint devices of telecommuters can use Intune to provision and authenticate apps on devices, push patches and certificates, configure policies for permission to access data and networks, set passwords, establish VPN connections, determine how teleworkers share information, set up threat protection, verify compliance, and delete corporate data from lost, stolen or decommissioned endpoint devices. Intune works with Apple iOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X devices. To find out about Microsoft Intune and how Progent can assist your company to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to manage the devices of your at-home workers, refer to Intune telecommuter device management consultants.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich unified Mobile Device Management platform that allows network administrators to keep off-premises endpoint devices up to date and secure. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch technology for unified endpoint administration along with VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery platform for authorization control, app management, and configuration management of endpoint devices. Workspace ONE operates with endpoints based on Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or popular distros of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-site deployment through a one-time purchase. Top features of Workspace ONE include rapid remote provisioning of out-of-the-box notebooks, immediate onboarding of new employees, policy set up and enforcement for all classes of endpoints, unifies management reporting and performance analytics, an email encryption gateway, and seamless integration with Microsoft apps and cloud-based products. For details about Progent's support services for VMware Workspace ONE, refer to VMware Workspace ONE mobile device management consultants.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Support Services
To contact Progent about creating and managing a productive work-from-home solution for your Brighton, United Kingdom business, phone 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.