Enlarging your at-home workforce may have a major effect on IT architecture, security, and corporate processes. Progent has two decades of experience helping businesses of all sizes to design, deploy, administer, tune, and troubleshoot IT environments that support a remote workforce. Progent can help your Brighton organization to select the appropriate tools and adhere to best practices in creating and operating a secure virtual office solution for telecommuters that facilitates collaboration and delivers maximum value. Progent offers support services that go from as-needed guidance for helping you past occasional IT bottlenecks to comprehensive project management or co-management to help you successfully complete mission-critical tasks.
Progent's consultants can help Brighton, United Kingdom companies to with any facet of building a high-performing work-at-home ecosystem by providing infrastructure configuration services, VoIP PBX expertise, voice/video conferencing integration, collaboration platform customization and training, cloud connectivity, helpdesk outsourcing, security and compliance, data protection solutions, and unified management.
Infrastructure for Teleworkers
Setting up the network infrastructure needed to support a remote work environment can be particularly challenging if you have to accommodate a mix of worker-owned equipment like desktop computers and laptops, Internet routers, and wireless APs from various vendors and with a variety of operating systems and firmware levels. Progent's experience providing remote support for both outdated as well as current technologies in remote office venues enables you to make efficient use of your available infrastructure and offers ready access to top-tire consultants for making necessary updates. Services available from Progent to help you to implement a productive telecommuting ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network connectivity allows you to establish a secure connection for authorized at-home workers to use IT resources located at your company datacenter or in the cloud. Progent can help you to deploy and manage VPN access between your at-home workforce and your various network resources by providing online VPN configuration consulting. For organizations using Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA Firewall consultants can help your telecommuters to utilize Cisco's AnyConnect client software for secure VPN tunneling for a broad range of endpoint devices such as Windows, macOS, Apple iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure platforms enable a teleworker to view and use a remote PC's desktop. This provides network managers significant control over the computing environment of telecommuters and ensures remote users a familiar experience. Progent's virtual desktop consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI solutions.
- Routers connect home computer networks to the Internet and support VPN connections, local wireless connectivity, and firewalls. Progent can provide top-tier online support for integrating home routers from a range of vendors. See router integration support from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, typically supporting families and guests, are commonly used by telecommuters to connect to their router for work. This can cause performance as well as cybersecurity issues. Progent can help you to mitigate these problems by providing expertise like Aironet configuration expertise, Cisco Meraki WiFi installation expertise, and Ubiquiti WiFi access point integration help.
- Internet access solutions affect the speed and availability of connections between telecommuters and the company network. Vital applications might require backup Internet connections in case the normal connection fails. Progent can provide guidance for picking Internet service providers, selecting appropriate service bundles, and setting up fault-tolerant Internet connections. Refer to Internet access integration services.
VoIP Solutions for Telecommuters
Expanding the corporate PBX environment to include telecommuters is vital to maintaining a productive work-at-home solution. A variety of cloud-centric IP voice platforms are popular with SMBs to server remote users. Many larger organizations rely on Cisco's modern or older platforms for IP voice management. Progent can assist organizations of any size to design or maintain a remote IP voice service that delivers the flexibility, convenience and security required for remote users. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice consultants offer high-level support to assist organizations optimize their current Cisco VoIP systems to support an expanding at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) extends advanced IP telephony capabilities to devices like IP phones, media processing platforms, VoIP gateways, and multimedia applications used across the network. CUCM supports other combined media services like unified messaging, video conferencing, and customer interaction networks. For details about Progent's Cisco Unified CM or CUCM support, visit CUCM consulting services.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing agent and has been replaced by CUCM. Progent's consultants can help your company to maintain your existing CallManager deployment or upgrade smoothly to Cisco's current IP telephony solutions. To find out about Progent's expertise for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other early IP voice platforms, see CallManager consulting services.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable integration with public telephony networks and with clients working beyond the corporate firewall
like telecommuters. Progent can provide expert support for Cisco's legacy IP gateways such as the UC520, UC540 and UC560 series as well as for current Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway configuration expertise.
- Other VoIP Products supported by Progent include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can help you to update your wide area network infrastructure to work with these solutions and provide as-needed configuration and debugging expertise.
Video Conferencing for Teleworkers
A wide selection of video conferencing products from leading vendors support virtual meetings, video conferencing, chat, and screen sharing for both local users and telecommuters. Many companies use multiple conferencing products to accommodate their different partners and clients. Progent's communications experts can help your organization to maintain your existing conferencing ecosystem and enhance the engagement of your at-home workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular unified communications platform that supports presence, IM, voice and video conferencing as well as the transparent integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications including PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent offers the expertise of Microsoft-certified consultants who can assist you to configure and maintain Skype for Business clients to accommodate your remote employees. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business consulting services.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video calling platform for iOS and macOS devices. FaceTime runs over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Newer editions of FaceTime support up to 32 simultaneous users for voice/video sessions. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for FaceTime, see Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports online conferencing for most desktop or mobile devices. Delivered via Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex capabilities include sharing specific content or computer screens, presentations that embed rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint, session capture, plus editing and playback for future reference. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Webex as well as for other video conferencing products from Cisco, visit Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams provides a portal for conversations, contacts, and content with capabilities such as video conferencing, threaded chat, plus data sharing. For details about Progent's support services for Teams and for other Office 365 apps, see Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Conferencing Apps supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide integration and troubleshooting expertise for these products and
assist you to tune your network infrastructure to run them.
Microsoft Collaboration Platforms for Telecommuters
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are tightly integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office and Microsoft 365 suites, offering a powerful environment of applications that create a consistent user experience for exchanging information across multiple sites and on a wide range of endpoint computers. Progent has delivered remote consulting services for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange Server since their initial releases and can help businesses to deploy these critical collaboration products to maximize the productivity of your remote workforce.
SharePoint uses web sites to enable collaboration and knowledge delivery by providing policy-driven delivery of content, business processes, and tools for searching through enterprise-wide information silos. SharePoint allows you to build protected portals that permits remote workers to view and update consolidated business intelligence by means of Wikis, Blogs, social web sites, and Web Parts. For information about Progent's SharePoint support services, go to SharePoint configuration and development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For information about Progent's Exchange consulting services, refer to planning and configuration consulting services for Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoftís collaborative cloud-based file hosting and synchronization service, similar to GoogleDrive. Remote users can save files to the OneDrive service, and colleagues can share them safely through a browser. Included with Microsoft 365, OneDrive allows at-home workers to co-edit documents. Revisions made offline are automatically uploaded when you go back online. For information about Progent's support services for OneDrive, refer to Microsoft Onedrive integration experts.
Public Cloud Integration for At-Home Workers
Progent can provide advanced online assistance for helping organizations to create, manage and optimize integrated network architectures that include internal data centers, telecommuters, branch offices, and cloud services. Progent offers expertise for all modes of public cloud service such as Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service. Progent can help at-home workers fix problems with cloud connectivity, authentication, and security.
Microsoft Azure is a popular family of cloud services that allows you to use infrastructure, servers, and key apps running on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Microsoft Azure offers more than one hundred cloud-based services including the ability to host Windows and Linux-based VMs, scalable cloud storage, messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and data protection. Progent can assist your organization to set up VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, configure cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity control with Azure AD, and plan backup and restore systems with Azure Backup. Progent can also help you establish protected connections to Azure for telecommuters by setting up and debugging firewall appliances and VPN IPsec tunnels. For information about Progent's consulting expertise for Azure, go to Azure expertise.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's popular suite of client productivity software and cloud-based services offered on a subscription basis. Office apps and services are marketed in a variety of plans intended for users ranging from students and households to large corporations. Progent offers quick and affordable online contact with experts familiar with Microsoft 365-compatible endpoint devices based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent's experts can assist your business to assess the various subscription bundles available for Office 365 and deploy 365 apps for your at-home workers to achieve maximum business value. For information about Progent's expertise for Microsoft Office 365, see Microsoft 365 consulting support.
Office 365 Exchange Online is among the most widely used applications in the Office 365 product product suite. Microsoft 365 Exchange Online provides the advantages of reduced spending for physical infrastructure, easier management, dynamic scaling, high availability, and other benefits inherent with public clouds. Microsoft has designed Microsoft 365 Exchange Online to operate transparently with local Exchange environments, enabling customers to build hybrid cloud/onsite networks. Progent's Exchange consultants are available for as-needed assistance to guide you through tough IT bottlenecks and also offer end-to-end project management outsourcing to ensure your at-home workers have easy and safe access to your Office 365 Exchange Online environment. To learn Progent's support services for Microsoft 365 Exchange Online, go to Exchange Online integration and troubleshooting expertise.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a pioneer in the public cloud arena and is the world's top provider of cloud-based services. Progent can provide rapid and economical online contact with cloud integration experts who can help your business to design, implement, maintain, and debug hybrid information networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud services with local data centers and with other public clouds like Microsoft Azure. Progent also can provide access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to help you to create a high-availability network architecture to make sure your users have a consistent computing environment regardless of whether they are working from your main office, a remote branch, at home, or on the road. For information about Progent's consulting expertise for Amazon AWS, visit Amazon AWS integration expertise.
Google Cloud (GCP) is a popular set of cloud computing services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can assist your organization to expand your current IT resources with the Google Cloud, and Progent's DBA consultants can help you make your mission-critical applications cloud ready so your at-home workers can benefit fully from Google Cloud Platform services. Progent can help your business to deploy virtual machines on Google Cloud Compute Engine, plan an efficient storage system with GCP Storage, and simplify access management for remote workers with GCP Cloud Identity. Progent's experts can also assist your business to utilize GCP's unified management tools to administer and monitor your Google Cloud environment. To learn, go to Google Cloud Platform (GCP) consulting expertise.
Help Desk Support for At-Home Workers
A rapid, company-wide switchover to a from-home workforce, which might be activated by an epidemic or as a component of a disaster recovery preparedness plan, can overstretch even a well-staffed internal Help Desk. Progent's Call Center services make it possible for organizations to outsource or supplement their Help Desk by using Progent's online Technical Response Center (TRC) services.
- Progent's Standard Support Desk services leverage Progent's extensive team of remote technical support experts along with world-class ticketing and follow-up software to provide an affordable, state-of-the-art Help Desk Call Center. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide an end-to-end solution that addresses all facets of online Level 1 PC support from service requests through ticket generation, desktop sharing, problem resolution, and reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal enables from-home workers to check or update their current trouble tickets, enter details, and upload screen captures or relevant files. Technical support services are provided at a significant price reduction off Progent's normal Level 1 technical service charges, and Progent offers the option of fast escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 support specialists to deal with complex problems. For more information, refer to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small businesses.
- Progent's Help Desk Call Center Supplemental Service allows your business to expand your current Call Desk staff by splitting delivery of Call Desk support seamlessly between your regular IT support personnel and Progent's extensive roster of PC support technicians and subject matter experts. Progent's co-managed Help Desk Call Center service uses a collective support model based on the number one PSA tool for handling help requests and ticketing, establishing ownership, tracking progress, and producing reports. For information about how Progent's Help Desk Supplementation Services can help your company to deliver world-class technical support to your at-home employees, see Progent's Help Desk supplementation Services.
Cybersecurity for Remote Workers
At-home workers often run their personal computers and work in an unsecured space. This worsens their vulnerability to cyber threats and requires judicious deployment of firewalls, remote security monitoring, and the creation of security policies based on best practices. Progent's veteran team of certified cybersecurity experts can assist you to plan, deploy and administer a compliant security environment that guards critical data in networks that include remote workers.
- Firewalls enable you to build a network that can be securely accessed by local users and by at-home workers, mobile users, vendors, clients, and other stakeholders. Next-generation firewall appliances allow you to assign and manage appropriate access rights to various groups of users and to expand your network and adjust your security as your company evolves and as network attacks become more complex. Progent supports both new and older firewall appliances from all major manufacturers like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, and Fortinet. For more information about Progent's firewall configuration services, refer to firewall configuration and support services.
- Online Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it easy to watch over the various computers used by teleworkers and either reject or spot and respond to modern threats such as ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a small-footprint agent is installed on each protected endpoint, monitoring all activity and utilizing advanced machine learning and full execution context to identify new attacks before they can spread. When a cyberattack is discovered, ProSight ASM instantly isolates the targeted endpoint from the network to contain the malware. Because the ProSight Active Security Monitoring software agent is autonomous, endpoint devices remain secure even when they are offline. To find out more about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, visit remote endpoint security monitoring for teleworkers.
- Security Audits can assess the vulnerability of your information system to all types of outside and internal security attacks for an environment that includes telecommuters. Progent can run online, automated security inventory scanning for rapidly and economically detecting a wide variety of security holes that can be surfaced over the Internet. Progent's security audit experts, which can be managed by security professionals with top credentials such as CISM, ISSAP, and GIAC, can assist your company to evaluate your operations and policies and review your IT infrastructure to enable you to implement the highest level of security for your an at-home workforce.
Data Protection for At-Home Workers
Data Protection covers backing up and recovering critical data so as to avoid data loss and reduce restoration time and effort in the event of storage failures resulting from hardware breakdowns, software glitches, user error, cyber attack, or other causes. Dependable data protection strategies can be particularly challenging to design and manage in hybrid networks that combine in-house data centers, public clouds, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Restore solutions for telecommuters must cover diverse kinds of user-owned endpoints. Progent offers quick online access to consultants knowledgeable about a broad range of platforms for backing up Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX servers and desktops as well as notebooks, iPads and smartphones. Leading backup/restore products supported by Progent's data protection consultants include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To protect resources spread across a wide area network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services, a managed backup/recovery service that utilizes cloud storage and includes fine-grained restore and unified management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity plans commonly envision scenarios that call for a rapid changeover to a work-at-home environment. Progent's expert disaster recovery preparedness experts and business continuity planning consultants can help your company to create, document and test a DR/BC plan that addresses the process of moving to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for At-Home Workers
Microsoft has rebranded and reshuffled its endpoint management products under the name Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud-based management of mobile and remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing onsite computers. Endpoint Manager features a unified solution for safeguarding critical information by managing local, mobile, and home-based endpoints.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also includes Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and protecting off-premises computers and applications. Managed endpoint computers can be user owned or business owned. Network administrators managing the endpoint devices of at-home workers can utilize Intune to deploy and authenticate applications on devices, push updates and certificates, configure policies for permission to access information and resources, manage passwords, establish VPN connections, determine how telecommuters share information, establish threat protection, verify security compliance, and delete sensitive information from missing, stolen or decommissioned devices. Intune works with Apple iOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS endpoints. For details about Intune and how Progent can help your company to use this platform to manage the devices of your at-home workers, visit Intune mobile device management experts.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich centralized MDM platform that helps network administrators to keep offsite endpoints up to date and protected. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch for unified endpoint administration plus VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery technology for access control, app management, and setup management of endpoint computers. Workspace ONE operates with devices powered by Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-site deployment via a one-time purchase. Top capabilities of Workspace ONE include rapid over-the-air provisioning of out-of-the-box notebooks, immediate onboarding of new users, policy setting and enforcement for all categories of endpoints, aggregated management reporting and analytics, an email encryption gateway, and integration with Microsoft applications and cloud products. To learn about Progent's support services for VMware Workspace ONE, visit VMware Workspace ONE mobile endpoint management expertise.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Expertise
To contact Progent about building and managing an efficient work-from-home environment for your Brighton, United Kingdom business, call 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.