Expanding your telecommuter workforce can have a significant impact on IT architecture, security/compliance, and corporate culture. Progent has 20 years of experience helping small and mid-size businesses to design, deploy, administer, tune, and debug IT environments that incorporate a remote workforce. Progent can help your Brighton company to select the appropriate technologies and follow leading practices in creating and maintaining a secure virtual ecosystem for telecommuters that facilitates collaboration and delivers maximum value. Progent can provide services that go from on demand guidance for getting you over challenging IT roadblocks to full project management or co-management to help you carry out mission-critical initiatives.
Progent can assist Brighton, United Kingdom organizations to with any aspect of building a high-functioning telecommuting environment by providing network infrastructure configuration services, VoIP PBX troubleshooting, voice/video conferencing integration, collaboration platform customization and training, public cloud integration, Call Desk services, data security, data protection solutions, and unified management.
Network Infrastructure for Telecommuters
Configuring the network infrastructure required for an at-home workforce can be particularly complicated if you must manage a combination of worker-owned hardware like desktop computers and laptops, routers, and wireless appliances from an assortment of vendors and with a variety of OS software and firmware levels. Progent's background providing online help for both outdated and modern IT products in remote office venues allows you to make cost-effective use of your existing network infrastructure and provides you with ready access to expertise for implement necessary upgrades. Support services available from Progent to help your company to create a high-functioning work-at-home ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network connectivity allows you to establish a safe tunnel for authenticated remote employees to access IT assets situated at your company data center or in a public cloud. Progent's consultants can help your company to configure and maintain VPN access between your teleworkers and your various network resources by providing remote VPN configuration support. For businesses with Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA consultants can help your telecommuters to set up Cisco's popular AnyConnect software for safe VPN connections for a broad range of endpoint devices including Windows, Mac, iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) products enable a telecommuter to view and interact with a data center computer's desktop. This technology provides network managers substantial control over the digital ecosystem of at-home employees and ensures them a consistent and more productive work experience. Progent's VDI services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI expertise.
- Routers connect home networks to the Internet and typically support VPN tunnels, home Wi-Fi networks, and firewall services. Progent can provide expert online support for configuring routers from all major manufacturers. See router integration support from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wireless networks, typically shared by families and guests, are frequently utilized by at-home employees to access their Internet router for work. This can cause performance as well as cybersecurity issues. Progent can help you to resolve these issues by providing expertise that include Cisco Aironet configuration expertise, Cisco Meraki wireless deployment consulting, and Ubiquiti WiFi access point integration assistance.
- Internet access methods impact the speed and reliability of connections between at-home workers and the corporate data center. Mission-critical processes might require redundant Internet access in case the primary connection breaks. Progent offers guidance for identifying Internet service providers, picking sensible bandwidth and data volume packages, and configuring fault-tolerant Internet connections. Refer to Internet access integration services.
IP Voice Integration for Teleworkers
Extending the business PBX environment to include telecommuters is critical to supporting an effective work-at-home solution. A broad range of cloud-centric digital PBX platforms are popular with SMBs to support telecommuters. Many enterprises depend on Cisco's modern or legacy products for VoIP solutions. Progent can help organizations of all sizes to design or maintain a telecommuter IP voice environment that delivers the versatility, convenience and protection required for remote users. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice consultants can provide advanced support to help organizations optimize their current Cisco VoIP environments to support an expanding at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) extends enterprise IP telephony capabilities to devices such as VoIP phones, media processing platforms, VoIP gateways, and multimedia applications used throughout the network. CUCM manages other mixed media services like unified messaging, voice/video conferencing, and customer interaction networks. For details about Progent's CUCM expertise, see CUCM consultants.
- CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing agent and has been superseded by CUCM. Progent's consultants can assist your company to maintain your current CallManager deployment or migrate smoothly to Cisco's modern IP telephony products. For details about Progent's expertise for CallManager and Cisco's other early VoIP platforms, see CallManager expertise.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable integration with PSTN networks and with clients working beyond the corporate firewall
like at-home workers. Progent offers consulting expertise for Cisco's legacy IP gateways including the UC520, UC540 and UC560 product lines and for modern Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway integration consulting.
- Other VoIP Products supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can help you to update your WAN infrastructure to work with these solutions and deliver as-needed deployment and debugging expertise.
Video Conferencing for Remote Workers
A wide selection of voice/video conferencing platforms from leading technology companies enable virtual discussions, video and voice conferencing, chat, and content sharing for both local users and teleworkers. Many organizations use multiple conferencing products to accommodate their different partners and customers. Progent's communications experts can help your organization to maintain your current conferencing environment and optimize the engagement of your remote employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular unified communications product that supports presence, IM, voice and video conferencing as well as the transparent integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications including PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent can provide the expertise of Microsoft-certified specialists who can assist you to set up and maintain Skype for Business client software to support your remote employees. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Skype for Business, visit Skype for Business integration experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video calling platform for iOS, iPadOS, iPod and macOS computers and smartphones. FaceTime works over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Newer versions of FaceTime allow up to 32 concurrent users for voice/video sessions. For details about Progent's support services for Apple FaceTime, see Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides online conferencing for most computing devices. Offered via Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex capabilities include sharing specific content or computer screens, presentations that embed rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, session capture, plus editing and playback for future reference. For details about Progent's support expertise for Cisco Webex and for additional IP video products from Cisco, see Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a hub for conversations, contacts, and information with capabilities that include video calling, threaded chat, plus file sharing. For details about Progent's support expertise for Teams and for other Microsoft 365 apps, see Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Conferencing Apps supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide integration and troubleshooting services for these conferencing platforms and
assist you to tune your network infrastructure to host them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Software for Remote Workers
Microsoft's collaboration products are tightly integrated with Microsoft's popular Office and Microsoft 365 families, offering a rich ecosystem of productivity apps that deliver a cohesive user interface for sharing data and ideas throughout a corporate network and on a broad selection of endpoint devices. Progent has provided remote consulting services for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange Server since their original publication and can assist your company to deploy these critical collaboration platforms to maximize the effectiveness of your at-home workforce.
SharePoint uses web entities to promote collaboration and knowledge delivery by providing policy-driven access to data, workflow, and utilities for searching through company-wide information silos. SharePoint enables you to build secure portals that permits at-home workers to view and edit consolidated corporate intelligence by means of Wikis, Blogs, social sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). To find out about Progent's SharePoint support services, visit SharePoint configuration and development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To learn about Progent's Exchange consulting expertise, see deployment consulting for Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoftís shared cloud file hosting and synchronization service, similar to GoogleDrive. At-home users can store files to OneDrive, and co-workers can share them safely via a web browser. Provided with Microsoft 365, OneDrive allows at-home workers to co-author files. Revisions created offline are automatically synced when you go back online. To find out about Progent's expertise for Microsoft OneDrive, see Microsoft Onedrive integration consulting.
Cloud Integration Services for At-Home Workers
Progent offers fast and affordable remote assistance for helping organizations to build, maintain and troubleshoot cohesive network architectures that incorporate internal data centers, teleworkers, branches, and cloud resources. Progent offers expertise for all modes of cloud service including Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service. Progent can help telecommuters fix issues with public cloud access, authentication, and cybersecurity.
Microsoft Azure is a leading family of cloud software and services that allows you to use infrastructure, virtual servers, and critical apps hosted on Microsoft's massive cloud. Azure includes over one hundred cloud-based services such as hosting for Windows and Linux-powered VMs, scalable cloud storage, email and messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and data protection. Progent can assist you to deploy VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity control with Azure AD, and design data backup and recovery systems with Azure Backup. Progent can also help you establish secure access to Azure for telecommuters by setting up and debugging firewall appliances and VPN IPsec tunnels. For details about Progent's consulting services for Azure, go to Azure expertise.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's popular family of client productivity applications and cloud services offered by subscription. Office apps and services are marketed in a selection of plans intended for customers ranging from students and households to major enterprises. Progent offers fast and affordable remote access to experts familiar with Office 365-compatible client devices based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent's experts can assist your business to assess the various subscription bundles offered with Microsoft 365 and deploy 365 apps for your teleworkers in a way that delivers top business value. For details about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Office 365, go to Office 365 consulting support.
Microsoft 365 Exchange Online is among the most popular applications in the Microsoft 365 product line. Exchange Online provides the advantages of reduced costs for data center infrastructure, easier management, on-demand scaling, high availability, and other advantages associated with cloud computing. Microsoft has designed Office 365 Exchange Online to operate smoothly with on-premises deployments of Exchange, allowing you to create hybrid cloud/onsite information systems. Progent's Exchange consultants are available for occasional help to get you past tough IT roadblocks and also offer comprehensive project management services to ensure your remote workers have easy and secure access to your Office 365 Exchange Online deployment. For information Progent's consulting services for Exchange Online, see Microsoft 365 Exchange Online configuration and support consulting.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a trailblazer in the public cloud arena and is the industry's leading provider of cloud services. Progent can provide fast and affordable online access to cloud connectivity consultants who can help your organization to design, deploy, manage, and troubleshoot hybrid IT networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with on-premises resources and with other popular cloud platforms like Azure. Progent also offers the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to assist you to build a high-uptime network model so your employees have a productive computing environment whether they are working from your headquarters, a remote branch, at home, or on the move. To find out about Progent's support services for Amazon AWS, go to Amazon AWS integration expertise.
Google Cloud (GCP) is a leading collection of cloud computing services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can assist you to expand your current IT assets with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's database consultants can show you how to make your critical apps cloud ready so your teleworkers can benefit fully from Google Cloud services. Progent can assist your organization to deploy VMs on GCP Compute Engine, design a cost-effective storage system with Google Cloud Storage, and simplify identity management for at-home workers with Google Cloud Identity. Progent's consultants can also help your business to use GCP's unified management tools to administer and track your Google Cloud environment. For details, see Google Cloud Platform integration support.
Help Desk Call Center Support for Teleworkers
A sudden, company-wide transition to a teleworker business model, which could be activated by an epidemic or as part of a business continuity plan, can overstretch even a high-performing internal Call Desk. Progent's Help Desk services make it possible for businesses to outsource or augment their Call Desk with Progent's remote Technical Response Center (TRC) services.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk Call Center services leverage Progent's extensive network of online IT support specialists combined with enterprise-class trouble ticketing and tracking technology to offer an economical, advanced Help Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer a comprehensive solution that handles all facets of online Level 1 PC support from initial help requests through ticket generation, desktop sharing, problem resolution, and reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal allows teleworkers to check or update their current trouble tickets, enter information, and upload screen captures or attachments. Technical support services are provided at a substantial price reduction off Progent's normal Level 1 technical support charges, and Progent offers the option of fast hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 support experts to deal with complex issues. For more information, go to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small businesses.
- Progent's Call Center Supplemental Service enables you to supplement your current Call Desk team by sharing responsibilities for Help Desk support services seamlessly between your regular IT support staff and Progent's extensive pool of PC support technicians and subject matter experts. Progent's shared Support Desk service uses a co-sourcing support model utilizing the number one PSA tool for managing service requests and trouble tickets, establishing responsibility, monitoring progress, and producing management reports. For details about how Progent's Support Desk Supplementation Services can enable your company to provide world-class technical support to your from-home workers, visit Progent's Support Desk supplementation Services.
Cybersecurity for At-Home Workers
Telecommuters often use their own computing devices and work in a physically unsecured environment. This increases their exposure to cyber threats and demands judicious deployment of firewalls, remote monitoring, and the creation of policies that adhere to leading practices. Progent's veteran team of certified data security professionals can assist you to design, implement and manage a modern security environment that safeguards vital data in networks that include teleworkers.
- Firewalls enable companies to build a network environment that can be securely accessed by local users and by teleworkers, mobile workers, suppliers, customers, and the public. Modern firewall devices allow you to assign and control different permissions to different groups of users and to expand your network and adjust your security profile as your company evolves and as cyber threats become more sophisticated. Progent supports both new and legacy firewall appliances from all leading manufacturers like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. To learn more about Progent's firewall support services, see firewall support expertise.
- Remote Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it possible to track the disparate computers used by telecommuters and either block or identify and respond to the latest cyber attacks such as ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a small-footprint software agent is installed on every protected endpoint device, watching all activity and utilizing state-of-the-art machine learning to identify new attacks at inception. When a cyberattack is spotted, ProSight Active Security Monitoring instantly disconnects the impacted endpoint from the corporate network to contain the malware. Because the ProSight Active Security Monitoring software agent is self-contained, endpoints stay secure even if they are disconnected from the Internet. For more information about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, refer to remote endpoint security monitoring for teleworkers.
- Security Audits can assess the exposure of your network to all classes of external and internal security threats for a network that incorporates at-home workers. Progent can deploy remote, automated security inventory scanning for quickly and economically uncovering a wide variety of security gaps that can be surfaced via the Internet. Progent's security audit consulting services, which can be managed by security professionals with top credentials such as CISA, CISSP, and GIAC, can help your company to evaluate your workflows and policies and assess your network architecture to enable you to implement top-level protection for your at-home workers.
Data Protection for At-Home Workers
The field of Data Protection involves backing up and recovering vital information in order to prevent data loss and minimize restoration time in case of storage failures due to hardware breakdowns, programming glitches, user error, cyber attack, or any other reason. Dependable data protection solutions can be especially difficult to design and maintain in hybrid networks that combine in-house data centers, cloud resources, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Restore strategies for teleworkers must address multiple types of personally owned endpoint devices. Progent can provide quick online help from experts knowledgeable about a wide array of products for backing up Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktops as well as notebooks, iOS and Android tablets and handhelds. Popular backup/restore products supported by Progent's data protection experts include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To back up data spread throughout a wide area network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services, a backup/recovery subscription service that uses cloud-based storage and includes fine-grained recovery and unified management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity plans often envision scenarios that require a rapid switch to an at-home workforce. Progent's senior disaster recovery planning experts and business continuity specialists can help your business to develop, document and validate a DR/BC strategy that addresses the process of moving to telecommuting.
Unified Management for At-Home Workers
Microsoft has rebranded and rebundled its endpoint management products under the name Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud-based management of remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing on-premises computers. Microsoft Endpoint Manager offers a unified solution for protecting corporate information by controlling local, mobile, and at-home endpoint devices.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also features Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and securing mobile computers and applications. Remote endpoint devices can be personally owned or business owned. IT administrators managing the endpoint computers of at-home workers can utilize Intune to provision and authenticate applications on devices, push patches and certificates, set up rules for accessing data and networks, set passwords, establish VPN connections, determine how teleworkers share data, establish threat defense, verify security compliance, and erase sensitive data from lost, stolen or deactivated devices. Intune can be used with iOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS computers. For information about Intune and to find out how Progent can assist you to use this platform to administer the endpoint computers of your at-home workforce, see Intune mobile endpoint management consultants.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich centralized MDM product that allows network managers to keep remote endpoint devices current and protected. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch technology for centralized endpoint administration along with VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery technology for access control, application management, and setup management of endpoint devices. Workspace ONE operates with devices powered by Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-premises product through a one-time purchase. Top features of Workspace ONE include rapid over-the-air provisioning of new laptops, quick onboarding of new employees, policy set up and enforcement for all classes of devices, unifies management reporting and performance analytics, email encryption, and seamless integration with Microsoft apps and cloud-based products. For information about Progent's support for VMware Workspace ONE, see VMware Workspace ONE mobile device management expertise.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Expertise
To get in touch with Progent about building and maintaining an efficient work-from-home solution for your Brighton, United Kingdom business, phone 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.