Enlarging your at-home workforce may have a significant impact on network infrastructure, cybersecurity, and company processes. Progent has 20 years of background helping small and mid-size businesses to design, configure, administer, optimize, and troubleshoot IT environments that support work-from-home employees. Progent can help your Brighton company to pick the right tools and follow leading practices in creating and operating a safe virtual office solution for teleworkers that promotes teamwork and delivers top business value. Progent offers services that go from as-needed expertise for getting you past challenging IT bottlenecks to full project management to help you carry out mission-critical initiatives.
Progent's consultants can help Brighton, United Kingdom businesses to with any aspect of creating a high-functioning work-from-home ecosystem by delivering infrastructure configuration services, IP voice expertise, voice/video conferencing support, collaboration platform customization and training, public cloud connectivity, Call Desk augmentation, security and compliance, backup/restore solutions, and streamlined management.
Network Infrastructure for Teleworkers
Integrating the physical and software infrastructure required for an at-home work environment can be particularly complicated if you have to manage a combination of personal equipment such as desktop computers and notebooks, Internet routers, and wireless APs from an assortment of vendors and with a mix of operating systems and firmware levels. Progent's background providing remote support for both legacy as well as current technologies in virtual office solutions enables you to make cost-effective use of your available infrastructure and offers ready access to top-tire consultants for making essential updates. Support services offered by Progent to assist your company to create a high-functioning telecommuting infrastructure include:
- VPN connectivity makes it possible to create a safe connection for authenticated remote employees to access IT assets situated at your company data center or in the cloud. Progent can help you to deploy and manage VPN access between your at-home workforce and your various IT resources by providing online VPN configuration consulting. For organizations with Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA consultants can assist your telecommuters to set up Cisco's popular AnyConnect client software for secure VPN connections for a wide range of endpoint devices including Microsoft Windows, Mac, Apple iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure products allow a teleworker to see and use a data center PC's desktop. This provides network managers more control over the computing environment of at-home employees and offers remote users a familiar experience. Progent's virtual desktop consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI solutions.
- Routers connect at-home networks to the Internet and support VPN connections, home wireless connectivity, and firewalls. Progent can provide top-tier remote support for integrating routers from a range of manufacturers. See router configuration services from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, often supporting the whole family and guests, are frequently used by telecommuters to connect to their router for work. This can create performance and security issues. Progent can assist you to resolve these problems by providing expertise like Cisco Aironet configuration expertise, Cisco-certified Meraki WiFi deployment consulting, and Ubiquiti Unifi WiFi access point integration help.
- Internet access solutions impact the performance and availability of connections between at-home workers and the company data center. Mission-critical processes might require backup Internet access in case the primary connection fails. Progent offers guidance for selecting service providers, selecting sensible service bundles, and integrating high-availability Internet access. Refer to Internet access solutions.
IP Voice Integration for Teleworkers
Extending the corporate phone system to include remote users is vital to maintaining an effective at-home workforce. A broad range of cloud-centric IP voice products are popular with SMBs to server telecommuters. Many larger organizations depend on Cisco's current or older products for IP voice management. Progent can assist organizations of all sizes to design or tune a remote VoIP environment that delivers the versatility, convenience and protection required for teleworkers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice consultants can provide advanced support to help organizations optimize their existing Cisco VoIP environments to support an expanding at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM or CUCM) delivers high-end telephony features to devices such as IP phones, media processing platforms, VoIP gateways, and mixed media apps deployed across the network. CUCM manages additional combined media services like unified messaging, voice/video conferencing, and team collaboration networks. For more information about Progent's Cisco Unified CM or CUCM support, refer to CUCM expertise.
- CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing software and has been replaced by CUCM. Progent can help you to maintain your current CallManager environment or upgrade smoothly to Cisco's current IP telephony products. For details about Progent's expertise for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other legacy IP voice products, visit CallManager consulting.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide connectivity with PSTN networks and with users working outside the corporate firewall
such as at-home workers. Progent can provide consulting expertise for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways like the UC520, UC540 and UC560 product lines as well as for current Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway configuration expertise.
- Other VoIP Platforms supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can assist you to expand your wide area network architecture to support these VoIP solutions and deliver online deployment and troubleshooting services.
Video Conferencing for At-Home Workers
A wide range of voice/video conferencing platforms from major technology companies support virtual meetings, video and voice conferencing, chat, and content sharing for both local workers and teleworkers. Many organizations use a mix of products to meet the needs of their different partners and customers. Progent's communications experts can help you to maintain your current voice/video conferencing ecosystem and enhance the productivity of your remote workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular unified communications product that supports real-time presence, instant messaging, audio and video conferencing as well as the transparent integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent offers the expertise of Microsoft-certified consultants who can help you to deploy and maintain Skype for Business client software to support your at-home employees. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business integration experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video calling app for iOS, iPadOS, iPod and macOS computers and smartphones. FaceTime works over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Later versions of FaceTime allow up to 32 concurrent users for voice/video sessions. For details about Progent's support services for Apple FaceTime, see Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports online conferencing for virtually all desktop or mobile devices. Delivered via Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex services include sharing specific content or computer screens, presentations that incorporate rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, session capture, plus editing and playback for future reference. For details about Progent's support expertise for Cisco Webex and for additional video conferencing solutions from Cisco, see Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a portal for conferencing, contacts, and content with capabilities such as voice/video calling, threaded chat, plus data sharing. For details about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Teams and for additional Microsoft 365 products, visit Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Conferencing Apps supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver integration and debugging expertise for these products and
assist you to tune your WAN architecture to host them.
Microsoft Collaboration Software for Telecommuters
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are closely integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office and Microsoft 365 families, providing a powerful ecosystem of applications that create a cohesive user interface for exchanging information across multiple sites and on a broad selection of endpoint computers. Progent has delivered remote consulting support for SharePoint and Exchange Server since their first releases and can assist businesses to deploy these flagship collaboration products to optimize the effectiveness of your remote workforce.
SharePoint utilizes web entities to promote collaboration and knowledge sharing by offering policy-driven delivery of content, business processes, and tools for searching through enterprise-wide business data. SharePoint permits you to create protected web portals that allows at-home workers to see and update aggregated business intelligence by means of Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social networking sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). For details about Progent's SharePoint consulting services, see SharePoint configuration and development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To learn about Progent's Exchange consulting services, visit planning and configuration expertise for Microsoft Exchange.
OneDrive is MicrosoftÔŅĹs shared cloud-based storage service, comparable to GoogleDrive. Remote users can store files to the OneDrive service, and co-workers can retrieve them safely through a browser. Included with Microsoft Office and Microsoft 365, OneDrive enables at-home workers to jointly author files. Revisions made offline are automatically synced when you reconnect to the Internet. To learn about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft OneDrive, refer to Microsoft Onedrive integration consulting.
Cloud Integration Services for At-Home Workers
Progent offers affordable remote assistance for enabling organizations to create, manage and optimize integrated hybrid network architectures that combine physical data centers, remote workers, branches, and cloud resources. Progent offers expertise for all types of cloud service such as Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service. Progent can help at-home workers resolve issues with public cloud access, authentication, and cybersecurity.
Azure is a popular platform for public cloud software and services that enables you to use IT infrastructure, virtual servers, and key apps hosted on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Microsoft Azure includes over one hundred services services including hosting for Windows and Linux-powered VMs, scalable cloud storage, messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and data backup. Progent can help you to deploy VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity control with Azure AD, and design data backup and restore systems with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also help you establish protected connections to Azure for teleworkers by setting up and debugging firewalls and VPN tunnels. For information about Progent's consulting expertise for Azure, refer to Microsoft Azure consulting services.
Microsoft 365, formerly branded Office 365, is Microsoft's popular suite of business productivity applications and cloud-based services available on a subscription basis. Microsoft apps and cloud services are provided in a selection of plans intended for customers ranging from individuals and households to large corporations. Progent offers fast and affordable remote access to consultants knowledgeable about Microsoft 365-compatible devices based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent's experts can assist your business to evaluate the numerous subscription plans available for Microsoft 365 and deploy 365 applications for your remote workers in a way that delivers maximum business value. To find out about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft 365, see Microsoft 365 consulting services.
Microsoft 365 Exchange Online is among the most popular cloud-based applications in Azure-hosted Microsoft 365 product suite. Microsoft 365 Exchange Online offers the advantages of reduced costs for physical infrastructure, easier management, on-demand scaling, high reliability, and other advantages associated with public clouds. Microsoft has engineered Exchange Online to operate transparently with local deployments of Exchange, enabling customers to build hybrid networks. Progent's Exchange consultants are available for occasional help to guide you past challenging technical roadblocks and also offer comprehensive project management outsourcing to make sure your remote workers have easy and safe access to your Microsoft 365 Exchange Online deployment. For information Progent's consulting services for Exchange Online, go to Microsoft 365 Exchange Online integration and troubleshooting expertise.
Amazon AWS is a pioneer in the public cloud computing arena and is the industry's biggest provider of cloud-based services. Progent can provide quick and affordable online access to cloud integration consultants who can help your business to plan, implement, maintain, and troubleshoot hybrid information networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud services with local resources and with other public clouds such as Azure. Progent also offers the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to help your company to build a high-uptime network architecture so your employees have a productive computing experience regardless of whether they are working from your headquarters, a remote branch, from home, or on the move. To find out about Progent's expertise for Amazon AWS, refer to Amazon AWS integration services.
Google Cloud Platform is a leading set of cloud computing services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can assist your business to expand your existing IT resources with the Google Cloud, and Progent's DBA experts can help you make your mission-critical apps cloud friendly so your remote workers can take full advantage of Google Cloud services. Progent can help your business to deploy VMs on GCP Compute Engine, design an efficient storage system with Google Cloud Storage, and simplify identity control for teleworkers with GCP Cloud Identity services. Progent's consultants can also assist your organization to utilize GCP's management technology to administer and monitor your Google Cloud ecosystem. To learn, visit Google Cloud Platform (GCP) integration support.
Help Desk Services for Remote Workers
A fast, enterprise-wide switchover to a from-home business model, which might be motivated by a pandemic or as an element of a business continuity preparedness plan, can overstretch even the most efficient in-house Help Desk. Progent's Help Desk Call Center services allow organizations of any size to outsource or expand their Call Desk with Progent's online Technical Response Center (TRC) services.
- Progent's Standard Call Desk services utilize Progent's extensive team of remote technical support experts along with enterprise-class ticketing and follow-up software to offer an affordable, advanced Support Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide an end-to-end solution that handles all aspects of online Level 1 desktop support from initial help requests to trouble ticket generation, desktop sharing, issue resolution, and incident reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal allows at-home employees to monitor or edit the status of their active trouble tickets, add information, and upload screen captures or relevant files. Technical support services are delivered at a significant discount off Progent's normal Level 1 desktop support rates, and Progent offers optional rapid escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 support specialists to resolve advanced problems. For details, see Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small companies.
- Progent's Help Desk Augmentation Service allows your company to supplement your current Call Center organization by splitting delivery of Call Desk services seamlessly between your regular support staff and Progent's extensive roster of desktop support engineers and subject matter specialists. Progent's co-managed Help Desk Call Center service uses a collective support model based on the number one PSA tool for handling service requests and ticketing, establishing responsibility, monitoring progress, and producing management reports. For details about how Progent's Support Desk Augmentation Services can help your company to provide world-class technical support to your from-home workers, go to Progent's Call Desk augmentation Services.
Cybersecurity for Telecommuters
Work-from-Home staff members typically use their own devices and often work in a poorly secured physical environment. This situation multiplies their susceptibility to malware threats and calls for judicious configuration of firewalls, anti-malware tools, MFA-based identity verification, remote monitoring, thorough user training, and the development of policies based on leading practices. Progent's veteran roster of cybersecurity solutions experts can assist your business to design, implement and manage a compliant cybersecurity solution that protects critical information assets in networks that incorporate remote workers.
Firewalls enable companies to build a network environment that can be securely accessed by on-premises users as well as by at-home workers, mobile workers, suppliers, clients, and the public. Next-generation firewall devices allow you to configure and manage different access rights to various classes of users and to expand your network and adjust your security as your company evolves and as network attacks become increasingly complex. Progent supports both new and legacy firewall devices from all leading manufacturers including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. To find out more about Progent's firewall configuration expertise, refer to firewall configuration and support expertise.
Online Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it easy to watch over the disparate computers used by at-home workers and either block or identify and respond to the latest cyber attacks such as ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a small-footprint agent is put on every protected endpoint, monitoring all activity and using state-of-the-art machine learning and full execution context to identify zero-day attacks before they can spread. When an attack is discovered, ProSight Active Security Monitoring instantly isolates the infected endpoint device from the network to contain the malware. Since the ProSight Active Security Monitoring agent is autonomous, endpoints stay protected even if they are disconnected from the Internet. For details about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, refer to remote endpoint security monitoring for an at-home workforce.
Progent's Duo MFA managed services incorporate Cisco's Duo cloud technology to protect against compromised passwords by using two-factor authentication (2FA). Duo supports single-tap identity verification on iOS, Google Android, and other personal devices. Using Duo 2FA, whenever you log into a protected online account and enter your password you are requested to verify who you are on a unit that only you possess and that uses a different ("out-of-band") network channel. A wide selection of devices can be utilized for this second means of ID validation such as a smartphone or watch, a hardware token, a landline phone, etc. You can designate multiple validation devices. For more information about Duo identity authentication services, go to Cisco Duo MFA two-factor authentication (2FA) services for at-home workers.
Security Audits can evaluate the exposure of your information system to all types of outside and local security attacks for an environment that includes at-home workers. Progent can run remote, automated cybersecurity inventory software for quickly and affordably uncovering a wide variety of security holes that can be found over the Internet. Progent's security assessment experts, which can be managed by data security professionals with advanced credentials such as CISM, ISSAP, and GIAC, can help you to audit your procedures and governance policies and review your IT infrastructure to allow you to design the highest level of security for your at-home workers.
Download White Paper: Protecting a Work-From-Home (WFH) Network
To view or download a white paper describing key things to concentrate on for protecting an IT environment that incorporates work-from-home staff, click:
Protecting a Work-From-Home (WFH) Network White Paper. (PDF - 2.4 MB)
Data Protection for Remote Workers
The field of Data Protection involves backing up and recovering critical data in order to avoid data loss and reduce recovery time in the event of storage problems due to equipment breakdowns, software glitches, human error, malware, or any other reason. Dependable data protection strategies can be especially difficult to design and maintain in hybrid networks that incorporate local data centers, cloud resources, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Restore solutions for an at-home workforce must address diverse kinds of personally owned endpoints. Progent can provide fast remote help from consultants knowledgeable about a wide range of products for protection Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX servers and desktop computers as well as notebooks, iPads and handhelds. Popular backup/recovery solutions maintained by Progent's backup/recovery experts include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, CrashPlan, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To protect resources spread throughout a hybrid network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a backup/recovery service that utilizes cloud storage and includes fine-grained restore and centralized management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) plans often anticipate circumstances that call for a temporary changeover to telecommuting. Progent's senior disaster recovery preparedness experts and business continuity specialists can help you to create, document and test a DR/BC strategy that includes the logistics of switching to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for Teleworkers
Microsoft has renamed and reshuffled its endpoint management platforms under the name Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud-based management of remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing on-premises endpoints. Endpoint Manager features a centralized platform for safeguarding corporate data by managing on-premises, mobile, and home-based endpoints.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also features Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and protecting mobile devices and applications. Managed endpoint computers can be user owned or business owned. IT admins managing the enrolled endpoint devices of telecommuters can use Intune to provision and validate apps on managed devices, push updates and certificates, set up policies for accessing data and resources, manage passwords, establish VPN connections, determine how home-based workers share information, establish threat defense, verify security compliance, and erase corporate data from lost, stolen or decommissioned devices. Microsoft Intune can be used with Apple iOS, Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X computers. For details about Intune and to find out how Progent can help your company to use this platform to administer the endpoint computers of your telecommuters, see Intune mobile device management consultants.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich centralized Mobile Device Management platform that allows network managers to keep remote endpoint devices current and protected. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch for unified endpoint administration combined with VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery technology for access control, app management, and configuration management of endpoint computers. Workspace ONE runs with devices powered by Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-premises deployment through a one-time purchase. Top capabilities of Workspace ONE include fast over-the-air deployment of out-of-the-box notebooks, quick onboarding of new employees, policy set up and enforcement for all categories of devices, aggregated reporting and performance analytics, an email encryption gateway, and integration with Microsoft apps and cloud services. For details about Progent's support services for VMware Workspace ONE, refer to VMware Workspace ONE remote endpoint management consultants.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Support Services
To contact Progent about creating and managing a productive work-from-home solution for your Brighton, United Kingdom company, phone 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.