Expanding your at-home workforce can have a major effect on network architecture, security, and corporate workflows. Progent has 20 years of experience helping small and mid-size businesses to plan, deploy, manage, tune, and troubleshoot IT networks that incorporate a remote workforce. Progent can help your Brighton organization to select the appropriate tools and follow leading practices in creating and maintaining a secure virtual ecosystem for telecommuters that facilitates collaboration and returns maximum business value. Progent offers support services that go from on demand guidance for helping you over occasional IT roadblocks to comprehensive project management to help you carry out mission-critical tasks.
Progent can assist Brighton, United Kingdom businesses to succeed with any facet of creating a high-functioning work-from-home environment by delivering infrastructure design and configuration services, IP voice expertise, video conferencing integration, collaboration platform selection and deployment, cloud integration, helpdesk outsourcing, endpoint security, backup/restore solutions, and streamlined management.
Network Infrastructure for Telecommuters
Configuring the network infrastructure required to support an at-home workforce can be particularly complex if you have to accommodate a mix of personal hardware like PCs and laptops, Internet routers, and wireless APs from different manufacturers and with a variety of operating systems and firmware levels. Progent's background providing online support for both legacy and current IT products in remote office solutions enables you to make cost-effective use of your available network infrastructure and provides you with ready access to top-tire consultants for making necessary upgrades. Support services available from Progent to help you to create a productive telecommuting ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) technology makes it possible to create a secure connection for authenticated remote employees to access IT assets situated at your corporate datacenter or in a public cloud. Progent's consultants can assist your company to configure and manage VPN connections between your teleworkers and your key IT resources by providing online VPN configuration consulting. For organizations using Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco ASA consultants can assist your telecommuters to utilize Cisco's AnyConnect software for secure VPN tunneling for a broad range of devices including Windows, macOS, iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) products allow a teleworker to see and use a data center computer's desktop. This provides IT managers more control over the digital environment of telecommuters and ensures remote users a familiar experience. Progent's virtual desktop consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops expertise.
- Routers connect at-home networks to the Internet and typically support VPN tunnels, local wireless connectivity, and firewall services. Progent offers top-tier online consulting for integrating routers from a range of vendors. See router configuration support from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wireless networks, typically supporting an entire household and visitors, are commonly used by telecommuters to connect to their Internet router for work. This can cause throughput and security issues. Progent can help you to mitigate these problems by providing services that include Cisco Aironet integration expertise, Cisco-certified Meraki WiFi deployment consulting, and Ubiquiti Unifi WiFi AP setup help.
- Internet access solutions affect the performance and reliability of connections between at-home workers and the corporate network. Mission-critical processes may require redundant Internet connections in case the primary connection fails. Progent offers expertise for selecting ISPs, selecting sensible service bundles, and configuring redundant Internet connections. Refer to Internet connectivity solutions.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Expertise
To contact Progent about building and managing a productive work-from-home environment for your Brighton, United Kingdom organization, phone 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.