Expanding your telecommuter workforce may have a major effect on network infrastructure, security/compliance, and company culture. Progent has two decades of experience helping businesses of all sizes to design, deploy, administer, optimize, and debug IT networks that support a remote workforce. Progent can help your Brighton company to pick the right technologies and adhere to best practices in building and operating a secure virtual solution for telecommuters that promotes collaboration and delivers top value. Progent can provide support services ranging from on demand expertise for getting you past challenging IT bottlenecks to comprehensive project management or co-management to help you successfully complete mission-critical tasks.
Progent's consultants can assist Brighton, United Kingdom companies to succeed with any facet of creating a high-functioning work-at-home ecosystem by providing infrastructure configuration services, IP voice troubleshooting, voice/video conferencing support, collaboration platform selection and deployment, public cloud connectivity, helpdesk outsourcing, cybersecurity, backup/restore solutions, and unified management.
Infrastructure for Telecommuters
Configuring the physical and software infrastructure needed to support a remote workforce can be particularly complex if you have to accommodate a combination of personal equipment such as PCs and laptops, Internet routers, and wireless APs from different manufacturers and with a variety of OS software and firmware releases. Progent's experience delivering remote support for both legacy and current technologies in virtual office solutions allows you to make cost-effective use of your available infrastructure and offers fast access to expertise for implement necessary updates. Support services offered by Progent to help you to create a high-functioning work-at-home infrastructure include:
- VPN connectivity makes it possible to create a secure tunnel for authorized at-home employees to use IT assets situated at your company data center or in a public cloud. Progent can assist your company to deploy and maintain VPN connections between your at-home workforce and your various IT resources by providing remote VPN configuration consulting. For businesses with Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco ASA Firewall consultants can help your remote workers to utilize Cisco's AnyConnect client software to provide secure VPN tunneling for a broad selection of endpoint devices such as Windows, Mac, Apple iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) platforms allow an at-home worker to see and use a data center computer's desktop. This technology gives network managers substantial control over the computing environment of telecommuters and offers remote users a consistent and more productive work experience. Progent's VDI services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI solutions.
- Routers attach at-home computer networks to the Internet and support VPN connections, home Wi-Fi networks, and firewall services. Progent offers expert online support for setting up home routers from all major vendors. See router configuration services from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, often supporting an entire household and guests, are frequently used by at-home employees to connect to their Internet router for work. This can create throughput as well as cybersecurity problems. Progent can help businesses to resolve these issues by delivering expertise that include Cisco Aironet configuration expertise, Cisco Meraki WiFi installation consulting, and Ubiquiti wireless AP setup assistance.
- Internet connectivity methods impact the speed and availability of connections between telecommuters and the corporate network. Line-of-business processes might require redundant Internet access in case the normal connection fails. Progent can provide guidance for picking ISPs, picking sensible bandwidth and data volume bundles, and configuring fault-tolerant Internet connections. See Internet connectivity solutions.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Support Services
To get in touch with Progent about creating and managing a productive telecommuter environment for your Brighton, United Kingdom business, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.