Progent's Ransomware Forensics Investigation and Reporting Services in Brisbane
Progent's ransomware forensics experts can preserve the evidence of a ransomware assault and perform a detailed forensics investigation without impeding the processes required for operational continuity and data recovery. Your Brisbane organization can utilize Progent's post-attack ransomware forensics report to counter subsequent ransomware attacks, assist in the restoration of encrypted data, and comply with insurance and governmental reporting requirements.
Ransomware forensics investigation is aimed at discovering and documenting the ransomware attack's storyline throughout the network from beginning to end. This audit trail of the way a ransomware assault progressed through the network assists you to assess the impact and uncovers vulnerabilities in security policies or work habits that need to be rectified to prevent future break-ins. Forensic analysis is commonly assigned a top priority by the cyber insurance carrier and is typically mandated by state and industry regulations. Because forensics can be time consuming, it is vital that other key recovery processes such as business resumption are pursued in parallel. Progent maintains a large team of information technology and data security experts with the knowledge and experience needed to perform activities for containment, operational resumption, and data recovery without disrupting forensics.
Ransomware forensics investigation is arduous and calls for close cooperation with the teams focused on file cleanup and, if needed, payment discussions with the ransomware Threat Actor. Ransomware forensics can involve the review of logs, registry, Group Policy Object, Active Directory, DNS, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and basic Windows systems to detect anomalies.
Activities involved with forensics include:
- Detach without shutting off all potentially impacted devices from the network. This may require closing all Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) ports and Internet facing network-attached storage, changing admin credentials and user passwords, and setting up 2FA to secure your backups.
- Create forensically valid digital images of all exposed devices so the file restoration team can proceed
- Preserve firewall, VPN, and other key logs as quickly as feasible
- Establish the type of ransomware involved in the assault
- Survey each machine and storage device on the network including cloud-hosted storage for indications of encryption
- Catalog all encrypted devices
- Determine the kind of ransomware involved in the assault
- Study logs and sessions in order to establish the timeline of the ransomware attack and to spot any possible lateral migration from the originally infected system
- Understand the attack vectors exploited to carry out the ransomware attack
- Search for the creation of executables associated with the first encrypted files or network breach
- Parse Outlook PST files
- Analyze attachments
- Separate any URLs embedded in email messages and determine if they are malware
- Produce extensive attack reporting to satisfy your insurance carrier and compliance mandates
- Suggest recommendations to shore up cybersecurity gaps and enforce workflows that reduce the exposure to a future ransomware breach
Progent has provided online and on-premises IT services across the U.S. for more than 20 years and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's team of subject matter experts (SMEs) includes consultants who have been awarded high-level certifications in foundation technologies such as Cisco networking, VMware, and popular Linux distros. Progent's cybersecurity experts have earned internationally recognized certifications including CISM, CISSP, and GIAC. (Refer to Progent's certifications). Progent also has guidance in financial and Enterprise Resource Planning software. This scope of skills gives Progent the ability to identify and integrate the surviving pieces of your network following a ransomware assault and rebuild them rapidly into an operational network. Progent has worked with top cyber insurance carriers like Chubb to help organizations clean up after ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Expertise in Brisbane
To find out more information about ways Progent can help your Brisbane organization with ransomware forensics analysis, call 1-800-462-8800 or see Contact Progent.