Overview of Progent's Ransomware Forensics Analysis and Reporting in Brisbane
Progent's ransomware forensics experts can capture the system state after a ransomware attack and perform a detailed forensics investigation without impeding the processes related to business resumption and data recovery. Your Brisbane organization can utilize Progent's ransomware forensics report to block future ransomware attacks, validate the cleanup of encrypted data, and meet insurance carrier and regulatory mandates.
Ransomware forensics is aimed at determining and describing the ransomware assault's progress across the network from start to finish. This audit trail of the way a ransomware assault travelled through the network helps your IT staff to assess the damage and highlights vulnerabilities in rules or processes that should be corrected to avoid future break-ins. Forensics is typically given a top priority by the insurance carrier and is typically required by state and industry regulations. Because forensics can take time, it is vital that other key activities like business continuity are pursued in parallel. Progent has an extensive team of information technology and data security professionals with the knowledge and experience needed to carry out the work of containment, business resumption, and data recovery without interfering with forensic analysis.
Ransomware forensics analysis is arduous and calls for close cooperation with the groups assigned to file restoration and, if necessary, payment discussions with the ransomware hacker. Ransomware forensics typically involve the examination of logs, registry, Group Policy Object, Active Directory, DNS, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and core Windows systems to look for changes.
Services associated with forensics analysis include:
- Detach without shutting off all possibly suspect devices from the network. This can require closing all RDP ports and Internet facing network-attached storage, changing admin credentials and user PWs, and implementing two-factor authentication to protect backups.
- Capture forensically sound digital images of all exposed devices so your data restoration group can get started
- Save firewall, virtual private network, and additional key logs as quickly as feasible
- Identify the version of ransomware involved in the assault
- Examine every computer and storage device on the system as well as cloud-hosted storage for signs of compromise
- Inventory all encrypted devices
- Determine the kind of ransomware involved in the assault
- Review log activity and user sessions in order to establish the time frame of the assault and to spot any potential lateral movement from the first infected system
- Identify the attack vectors used to perpetrate the ransomware attack
- Look for the creation of executables associated with the original encrypted files or system compromise
- Parse Outlook PST files
- Examine attachments
- Extract any URLs from email messages and check to see if they are malicious
- Provide comprehensive incident reporting to satisfy your insurance carrier and compliance mandates
- Document recommendations to close security vulnerabilities and enforce processes that lower the risk of a future ransomware breach
Progent has provided online and onsite IT services across the United States for more than two decades and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's team of subject matter experts (SBEs) includes consultants who have been awarded advanced certifications in foundation technologies including Cisco networking, VMware virtualization, and popular Linux distros. Progent's data security consultants have earned industry-recognized certifications such as CISM, CISSP, and CRISC. (See Progent's certifications). Progent also has guidance in financial and Enterprise Resource Planning applications. This scope of skills gives Progent the ability to identify and integrate the undamaged parts of your information system following a ransomware assault and rebuild them quickly into an operational network. Progent has collaborated with leading cyber insurance carriers like Chubb to assist organizations clean up after ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Investigation Services in Brisbane
To learn more about ways Progent can help your Brisbane organization with ransomware forensics analysis, call 1-800-462-8800 or see Contact Progent.