Overview of Progent's Ransomware Forensics and Reporting Services in Brisbane
Progent's ransomware forensics consultants can capture the system state after a ransomware assault and carry out a detailed forensics investigation without disrupting activity required for business continuity and data restoration. Your Brisbane business can utilize Progent's post-attack forensics report to combat subsequent ransomware assaults, validate the restoration of encrypted data, and meet insurance and governmental mandates.
Ransomware forensics is aimed at discovering and documenting the ransomware attack's storyline throughout the targeted network from start to finish. This history of the way a ransomware attack travelled through the network assists you to evaluate the impact and highlights shortcomings in security policies or work habits that should be corrected to avoid future breaches. Forensic analysis is typically assigned a high priority by the cyber insurance provider and is typically required by state and industry regulations. Since forensics can take time, it is vital that other key recovery processes such as operational resumption are executed in parallel. Progent has a large roster of information technology and security professionals with the knowledge and experience required to carry out activities for containment, operational resumption, and data recovery without interfering with forensic analysis.
Ransomware forensics investigation is arduous and calls for intimate cooperation with the groups focused on data restoration and, if needed, payment talks with the ransomware Threat Actor. forensics can require the examination of all logs, registry, GPO, Active Directory (AD), DNS, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and basic Windows systems to look for anomalies.
Activities involved with forensics include:
- Disconnect but avoid shutting off all possibly impacted devices from the system. This may require closing all RDP ports and Internet connected network-attached storage, modifying admin credentials and user PWs, and setting up 2FA to secure backups.
- Preserve forensically complete duplicates of all suspect devices so the data restoration group can proceed
- Save firewall, virtual private network, and other key logs as quickly as possible
- Determine the strain of ransomware used in the attack
- Survey every computer and data store on the network as well as cloud-hosted storage for indications of compromise
- Catalog all encrypted devices
- Determine the kind of ransomware involved in the attack
- Study logs and sessions in order to determine the timeline of the ransomware attack and to identify any potential sideways migration from the first compromised machine
- Understand the security gaps exploited to perpetrate the ransomware assault
- Search for the creation of executables associated with the original encrypted files or system breach
- Parse Outlook PST files
- Analyze attachments
- Separate any URLs embedded in messages and determine whether they are malicious
- Provide extensive incident reporting to satisfy your insurance and compliance mandates
- List recommendations to close cybersecurity vulnerabilities and enforce processes that lower the exposure to a future ransomware exploit
Progent has delivered online and onsite IT services throughout the U.S. for over 20 years and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's team of SMEs includes consultants who have been awarded high-level certifications in foundation technology platforms including Cisco infrastructure, VMware virtualization, and popular Linux distros. Progent's cybersecurity experts have earned prestigious certifications including CISA, CISSP-ISSAP, and GIAC. (Refer to certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also has top-tier support in financial management and Enterprise Resource Planning software. This breadth of expertise gives Progent the ability to identify and integrate the undamaged pieces of your IT environment following a ransomware attack and rebuild them rapidly into a viable network. Progent has collaborated with top cyber insurance providers including Chubb to assist businesses recover from ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Investigation Services in Brisbane
To learn more about how Progent can help your Brisbane business with ransomware forensics investigation, call 1-800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.