Overview of Progent's Ransomware Forensics Analysis and Reporting in Brisbane
Progent's ransomware forensics consultants can preserve the system state after a ransomware assault and carry out a comprehensive forensics analysis without impeding activity related to business continuity and data recovery. Your Brisbane business can utilize Progent's post-attack ransomware forensics documentation to combat future ransomware attacks, assist in the recovery of encrypted data, and comply with insurance carrier and governmental requirements.
Ransomware forensics involves tracking and documenting the ransomware attack's progress throughout the targeted network from beginning to end. This audit trail of how a ransomware assault progressed through the network assists your IT staff to evaluate the impact and highlights weaknesses in security policies or work habits that should be corrected to avoid future break-ins. Forensics is commonly assigned a high priority by the cyber insurance carrier and is typically mandated by state and industry regulations. Since forensics can take time, it is vital that other important activities like business continuity are executed in parallel. Progent has an extensive team of information technology and cybersecurity experts with the knowledge and experience required to carry out the work of containment, operational continuity, and data restoration without interfering with forensics.
Ransomware forensics is arduous and calls for intimate cooperation with the teams focused on data restoration and, if needed, payment negotiation with the ransomware Threat Actor. Ransomware forensics can require the examination of all logs, registry, GPO, Active Directory (AD), DNS, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and basic Windows systems to detect changes.
Services involved with forensics include:
- Isolate without shutting down all possibly suspect devices from the system. This can require closing all RDP ports and Internet connected network-attached storage, modifying admin credentials and user PWs, and setting up two-factor authentication to secure your backups.
- Capture forensically sound duplicates of all suspect devices so your data recovery team can get started
- Preserve firewall, VPN, and additional key logs as soon as possible
- Determine the variety of ransomware used in the assault
- Inspect every computer and data store on the network as well as cloud-hosted storage for indications of encryption
- Catalog all encrypted devices
- Establish the kind of ransomware involved in the attack
- Study log activity and user sessions in order to determine the time frame of the assault and to spot any potential lateral movement from the first compromised system
- Identify the security gaps used to perpetrate the ransomware attack
- Search for new executables surrounding the original encrypted files or system compromise
- Parse Outlook web archives
- Examine attachments
- Separate any URLs embedded in email messages and check to see whether they are malicious
- Provide extensive attack documentation to satisfy your insurance and compliance mandates
- Suggest recommended improvements to shore up cybersecurity vulnerabilities and enforce workflows that lower the exposure to a future ransomware exploit
Progent has provided remote and on-premises network services across the United States for over two decades and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's roster of subject matter experts includes professionals who have earned high-level certifications in foundation technologies such as Cisco infrastructure, VMware virtualization, and major Linux distros. Progent's data security consultants have earned internationally recognized certifications such as CISM, CISSP, and CRISC. (See Progent's certifications). Progent also offers top-tier support in financial management and Enterprise Resource Planning application software. This broad array of skills allows Progent to identify and consolidate the undamaged parts of your network following a ransomware intrusion and rebuild them quickly into a viable network. Progent has worked with top cyber insurance carriers including Chubb to help businesses clean up after ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Services in Brisbane
To learn more about ways Progent can help your Brisbane business with ransomware forensics investigation, call 1-800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.