Overview of Progent's Ransomware Forensics and Reporting Services in Brisbane
Progent's ransomware forensics experts can save the system state after a ransomware assault and carry out a comprehensive forensics analysis without interfering with the processes required for business continuity and data recovery. Your Brisbane organization can use Progent's ransomware forensics report to block future ransomware assaults, assist in the recovery of lost data, and comply with insurance and governmental mandates.
Ransomware forensics investigation involves tracking and describing the ransomware attack's progress across the network from beginning to end. This audit trail of how a ransomware assault travelled within the network assists you to evaluate the damage and brings to light vulnerabilities in security policies or processes that should be corrected to prevent future breaches. Forensics is typically assigned a high priority by the cyber insurance provider and is typically required by government and industry regulations. Since forensic analysis can take time, it is vital that other key recovery processes such as business continuity are pursued in parallel. Progent has a large team of IT and cybersecurity experts with the skills needed to carry out activities for containment, business resumption, and data restoration without disrupting forensic analysis.
Ransomware forensics analysis is complex and requires close cooperation with the teams focused on data restoration and, if necessary, settlement discussions with the ransomware Threat Actor (TA). Ransomware forensics can involve the review of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object (GPO), AD, DNS servers, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and basic Windows systems to detect variations.
Activities associated with forensics investigation include:
- Isolate but avoid shutting down all potentially suspect devices from the system. This can involve closing all RDP ports and Internet facing network-attached storage, modifying admin credentials and user passwords, and implementing 2FA to guard your backups.
- Capture forensically complete digital images of all exposed devices so the data recovery group can get started
- Save firewall, virtual private network, and other key logs as quickly as feasible
- Establish the version of ransomware involved in the assault
- Survey each computer and data store on the system as well as cloud-hosted storage for signs of compromise
- Catalog all compromised devices
- Determine the kind of ransomware used in the assault
- Review log activity and sessions to determine the timeline of the ransomware attack and to spot any potential lateral movement from the first compromised system
- Understand the security gaps used to carry out the ransomware assault
- Look for the creation of executables surrounding the original encrypted files or system breach
- Parse Outlook web archives
- Analyze email attachments
- Extract URLs embedded in email messages and determine whether they are malicious
- Produce detailed incident documentation to meet your insurance and compliance regulations
- Document recommendations to close security vulnerabilities and enforce processes that lower the risk of a future ransomware exploit
Progent has provided online and onsite network services throughout the U.S. for more than 20 years and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's roster of subject matter experts (SBEs) includes consultants who have been awarded high-level certifications in core technology platforms such as Cisco infrastructure, VMware, and major Linux distros. Progent's cybersecurity experts have earned internationally recognized certifications such as CISA, CISSP-ISSAP, and CRISC. (See certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also offers guidance in financial management and ERP applications. This breadth of expertise allows Progent to identify and integrate the undamaged pieces of your information system after a ransomware attack and rebuild them quickly into a viable network. Progent has worked with top cyber insurance providers including Chubb to assist businesses recover from ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Investigation Expertise in Brisbane
To learn more information about ways Progent can help your Brisbane business with ransomware forensics analysis, call 1-800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.