Ransomware Hot Line: 800-462-8800
24x7 Remote Help from a Top-tier Ransomware Consultant
Ransomware needs time to steal its way across a target network. Because of this, ransomware assaults are typically unleashed on weekends and late at night, when IT staff are likely to be slower to become aware of a penetration and are less able to mount a quick and forceful response. The more lateral progress ransomware can make within a victim's network, the longer it will require to recover core operations and damaged files and the more data can be stolen and posted to the dark web.
Progent's Ransomware Hot Line is intended to assist organizations to take the time-critical first step in responding to a ransomware assault by putting out the fire. Progent's remote ransomware engineers can assist organizations in the Brisbane area to identify and isolate infected devices and guard undamaged assets from being penetrated.
If your network has been breached by any strain of ransomware, act fast. Get immediate help by calling Progent's Ransomware Hot Line at 800-462-8800.
Progent's Ransomware Recovery Services Offered in Brisbane
Modern variants of crypto-ransomware like Ryuk, Maze, Netwalker, and Egregor encrypt online files and infiltrate any available system restores. Files synched to the cloud can also be impacted. For a vulnerable environment, this can make system restoration almost impossible and basically throws the datacenter back to the beginning. Threat Actors (TAs), the cybercriminals responsible for ransomware assault, demand a settlement payment for the decryption tools needed to unlock encrypted files. Ransomware assaults also try to steal (or "exfiltrate") files and TAs demand an additional ransom for not posting this data on the dark web. Even if you are able to rollback your network to a tolerable point in time, exfiltration can pose a big issue depending on the nature of the stolen information.
The restoration process after a ransomware penetration involves several distinct stages, the majority of which can be performed in parallel if the response workgroup has enough people with the required skill sets.
- Containment: This urgent first step requires blocking the sideways progress of the attack within your network. The more time a ransomware assault is allowed to run unchecked, the more complex and more expensive the recovery process. Because of this, Progent maintains a 24x7 Ransomware Hotline staffed by seasoned ransomware response engineers. Quarantine processes include cutting off affected endpoints from the network to restrict the contagion, documenting the environment, and protecting entry points.
- System continuity: This covers bringing back the network to a minimal useful degree of functionality with the least downtime. This process is typically the top priority for the targets of the ransomware attack, who often see it as a life-or-death issue for their business. This project also requires the broadest array of technical skills that cover domain controllers, DHCP servers, physical and virtual machines, PCs, laptops and mobile phones, databases, productivity and mission-critical applications, network topology, and protected remote access. Progent's recovery experts use state-of-the-art collaboration platforms to coordinate the complex restoration effort. Progent understands the importance of working rapidly, tirelessly, and in unison with a client's management and network support staff to prioritize tasks and to put essential resources back online as quickly as possible.
- Data restoration: The effort required to restore data impacted by a ransomware attack varies according to the state of the network, the number of files that are encrypted, and which restore techniques are needed. Ransomware attacks can destroy key databases which, if not properly shut down, may have to be rebuilt from scratch. This can include DNS and AD databases. Microsoft Exchange and SQL Server depend on Active Directory, and many financial and other mission-critical applications are powered by Microsoft SQL Server. Often some detective work could be needed to find undamaged data. For example, non-encrypted OST files may exist on staff desktop computers and laptops that were not connected at the time of the ransomware attack. Progent's Altaro VM Backup experts can assist you to utilize immutable backup for cloud storage, enabling tamper-proof data while under the defined policy so that backup data cannot be modified or deleted by any user including root users. Immutable storage adds another level of protection and restoration ability in the event of a successful ransomware attack.
- Setting up modern AV/ransomware protection: Progent's ProSight ASM uses SentinelOne's behavioral analysis technology to give small and medium-sized businesses the benefits of the identical AV technology used by many of the world's biggest enterprises such as Netflix, Visa, and Salesforce. By delivering in-line malware blocking, classification, mitigation, repair and analysis in a single integrated platform, Progent's ProSight ASM cuts total cost of ownership, simplifies management, and expedites operational continuity. SentinelOne's next-generation endpoint protection (NGEP) incorporated in Progent's ProSight ASM was ranked by Gartner Group as the "most visionary Endpoint Protection Platform (EPP)." Progent is a SentinelOne Partner, reseller, and integrator. Learn about Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring next-generation endpoint protection and ransomware defense with SentinelOne technology.
- Negotiating a settlement with the threat actor (TA): Progent is experienced in negotiating settlements with hackers. This calls for close co-operation with the victim and the cyber insurance provider, if any. Activities consist of determining the type of ransomware involved in the attack; identifying and making contact with the hacker; testing decryption capabilities; deciding on a settlement with the victim and the insurance carrier; negotiating a settlement and timeline with the TA; confirming compliance with anti-money laundering sanctions; overseeing the crypto-currency payment to the hacker; receiving, reviewing, and operating the decryptor tool; troubleshooting decryption problems; building a clean environment; remapping and connecting drives to match exactly their pre-attack state; and reprovisioning computers and software services.
- Forensics: This process is aimed at discovering the ransomware assault's progress throughout the targeted network from start to finish. This history of how a ransomware assault travelled through the network assists your IT staff to assess the damage and highlights shortcomings in security policies or processes that should be rectified to avoid later breaches. Forensics entails the review of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object (GPO), Active Directory (AD), DNS servers, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and core Windows systems to detect anomalies. Forensic analysis is usually given a top priority by the insurance carrier. Because forensic analysis can be time consuming, it is vital that other important activities like operational continuity are executed in parallel. Progent maintains a large team of IT and security experts with the knowledge and experience required to carry out activities for containment, business resumption, and data restoration without interfering with forensics.
Progent has provided online and onsite IT services across the U.S. for more than 20 years and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's team of subject matter experts (SMEs) includes consultants who have earned high-level certifications in foundation technologies such as Cisco networking, VMware, and popular Linux distros. Progent's data security consultants have earned industry-recognized certifications such as CISA, CISSP-ISSAP, and CRISC. (See Progent's certifications). Progent also has guidance in financial management and ERP application software. This breadth of skills allows Progent to salvage and consolidate the surviving parts of your network following a ransomware attack and reconstruct them quickly into an operational system. Progent has worked with top cyber insurance carriers like Chubb to help organizations clean up after ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent for Ransomware System Restoration Expertise in Brisbane
For ransomware recovery consulting services in the Brisbane area, call Progent at 800-462-8800 or see Contact Progent.