Ransomware Hot Line: 800-462-8800
24x7 Online Help from a Senior Ransomware Consultant
Ransomware requires time to work its way across a network. Because of this, ransomware assaults are typically launched on weekends and at night, when IT staff may be slower to become aware of a penetration and are least able to organize a rapid and forceful defense. The more lateral progress ransomware is able to achieve within a target's network, the longer it will require to restore basic operations and scrambled files and the more information can be stolen and posted to the dark web.
Progent's Ransomware Hot Line is intended to guide you to complete the time-critical first phase in responding to a ransomware attack by containing the malware. Progent's online ransomware experts can assist organizations in the Brisbane area to locate and quarantine infected devices and guard clean resources from being compromised.
If your system has been penetrated by any strain of ransomware, don't panic. Get immediate help by calling Progent's Ransomware Hot Line at 800-462-8800.
Progent's Ransomware Recovery Expertise Available in Brisbane
Current strains of ransomware such as Ryuk, Maze, DopplePaymer, and Nephilim encrypt online files and invade any accessible backups. Files synchronized to the cloud can also be corrupted. For a vulnerable network, this can make automated recovery almost impossible and effectively throws the datacenter back to the beginning. Threat Actors (TAs), the hackers responsible for ransomware attack, demand a ransom fee for the decryption tools needed to recover scrambled files. Ransomware assaults also attempt to steal (or "exfiltrate") information and TAs require an additional ransom in exchange for not publishing this information or selling it. Even if you can restore your system to an acceptable date in time, exfiltration can pose a big issue according to the nature of the downloaded data.
The restoration process after a ransomware attack involves several distinct stages, most of which can proceed concurrently if the response team has a sufficient number of members with the necessary experience.
- Quarantine: This urgent initial response requires arresting the lateral spread of the attack within your IT system. The longer a ransomware assault is allowed to run unrestricted, the longer and more costly the recovery process. Recognizing this, Progent keeps a round-the-clock Ransomware Hotline staffed by seasoned ransomware response experts. Containment activities consist of isolating infected endpoint devices from the network to block the contagion, documenting the environment, and protecting entry points.
- Operational continuity: This involves bringing back the IT system to a minimal useful degree of capability with the least downtime. This effort is usually the top priority for the victims of the ransomware assault, who often perceive it to be a life-or-death issue for their company. This project also requires the broadest range of IT abilities that cover domain controllers, DHCP servers, physical and virtual servers, PCs, notebooks and smart phones, databases, office and line-of-business applications, network architecture, and protected endpoint access management. Progent's ransomware recovery team uses state-of-the-art workgroup platforms to organize the multi-faceted recovery effort. Progent appreciates the urgency of working rapidly, continuously, and in concert with a customer's managers and network support staff to prioritize activity and to get essential services back online as fast as possible.
- Data recovery: The effort necessary to recover data damaged by a ransomware attack varies according to the condition of the network, how many files are encrypted, and which recovery methods are required. Ransomware assaults can take down critical databases which, if not properly closed, may need to be reconstructed from the beginning. This can include DNS and AD databases. Microsoft Exchange and Microsoft SQL Server depend on Active Directory, and many ERP and other mission-critical platforms depend on Microsoft SQL Server. Often some detective work could be needed to locate clean data. For example, undamaged Outlook Email Offline Folder Files may exist on staff desktop computers and notebooks that were not connected during the attack. Progent's Altaro VM Backup consultants can assist you to deploy immutable backup for cloud object storage, allowing tamper-proof data while under the defined policy so that backup data cannot be modified or deleted by anyone including administrators or root users. Immutable storage provides an extra level of protection and recoverability in the event of a successful ransomware attack.
- Setting up modern antivirus/ransomware defense: Progent's ProSight ASM utilizes SentinelOne's machine learning technology to give small and medium-sized companies the benefits of the same AV tools deployed by many of the world's largest enterprises including Walmart, Visa, and NASDAQ. By providing in-line malware filtering, identification, mitigation, recovery and analysis in a single integrated platform, Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring lowers total cost of ownership, streamlines management, and promotes rapid resumption of operations. SentinelOne's next-generation endpoint protection (NGEP) incorporated in Progent's Active Security Monitoring was listed by Gartner Group as the "most visionary Endpoint Protection Platform (EPP)." Progent is a SentinelOne Partner, reseller, and integrator. Find out about Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) next-generation endpoint protection and ransomware recovery with SentinelOne technology.
- Negotiating a settlement with the threat actor (TA): Progent is experienced in negotiating settlements with hackers. This requires close co-operation with the victim and the insurance carrier, if there is one. Services include determining the type of ransomware used in the attack; identifying and establishing communications the hacker; testing decryption capabilities; deciding on a settlement with the victim and the insurance carrier; negotiating a settlement amount and timeline with the TA; checking compliance with anti-money laundering regulations; carrying out the crypto-currency disbursement to the hacker; acquiring, learning, and using the decryption tool; debugging decryption problems; creating a pristine environment; mapping and connecting drives to match precisely their pre-attack state; and reprovisioning computers and services.
- Forensic analysis: This activity is aimed at uncovering the ransomware assault's progress throughout the targeted network from beginning to end. This history of the way a ransomware assault progressed within the network helps your IT staff to evaluate the impact and highlights gaps in policies or work habits that need to be corrected to prevent later break-ins. Forensics entails the examination of all logs, registry, GPO, Active Directory (AD), DNS, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and basic Windows systems to check for anomalies. Forensic analysis is typically given a high priority by the cyber insurance carrier. Since forensic analysis can be time consuming, it is essential that other key recovery processes like business continuity are executed in parallel. Progent maintains an extensive roster of information technology and data security experts with the skills needed to perform activities for containment, operational resumption, and data restoration without disrupting forensics.
Progent has provided remote and onsite network services across the United States for more than 20 years and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's roster of SMEs includes consultants who have been awarded advanced certifications in foundation technologies including Cisco infrastructure, VMware virtualization, and major Linux distros. Progent's data security consultants have earned prestigious certifications such as CISM, CISSP-ISSAP, and CRISC. (See Progent's certifications). Progent also has guidance in financial management and Enterprise Resource Planning application software. This scope of expertise gives Progent the ability to identify and integrate the undamaged pieces of your information system following a ransomware intrusion and reconstruct them quickly into an operational network. Progent has worked with leading insurance carriers like Chubb to assist organizations recover from ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent for Ransomware System Recovery Services in Brisbane
For ransomware system recovery services in the Brisbane metro area, phone Progent at 800-462-8800 or go to Contact Progent.