Expanding your remote workforce may have a major impact on network architecture, security/compliance, and company workflows. Progent has two decades of background assisting SMBs to plan, deploy, administer, optimize, and troubleshoot IT environments that incorporate a remote workforce. Progent can help your Brisbane organization to select the appropriate tools and adhere to leading practices in building and maintaining a safe virtual office solution for teleworkers that facilitates collaboration and delivers maximum value. Progent offers services that go from on demand expertise for helping you past occasional IT bottlenecks to full project management or co-management to help you carry out business-critical initiatives.
Progent's consultants can assist Brisbane, Queensland businesses to with any facet of building a high-performing work-at-home ecosystem by delivering network infrastructure configuration services, VoIP PBX expertise, voice/video conferencing support, collaboration platform selection and deployment, cloud integration, Help Desk services, endpoint security, data protection solutions, and streamlined management.
Network Infrastructure for Teleworkers
Setting up the physical and software infrastructure needed to support a remote workforce can be particularly challenging if you have to manage a mix of worker-owned hardware like PCs and laptops, Internet routers, and wireless APs from an assortment of manufacturers and with a variety of operating systems and firmware levels. Progent's experience providing remote help for both legacy as well as current technologies in virtual office solutions allows you to make cost-effective use of your available infrastructure and provides you with fast access to top-tire consultants for implement necessary upgrades. Services offered by Progent to assist you to create a productive telecommuting ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network connectivity makes it possible to create a safe connection for authenticated at-home employees to access IT assets situated at your corporate data center or in a public cloud. Progent's consultants can help you to deploy and maintain VPN connections between your at-home workforce and your various network resources by providing remote VPN integration consulting. For organizations with Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA experts can assist your remote workers to set up Cisco's AnyConnect software to provide safe VPN tunneling for a broad selection of devices such as Windows, macOS, Apple iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure products allow a telecommuter to view and interact with a remote computer's desktop. This technology gives IT managers substantial control over the digital ecosystem of telecommuters and offers remote users a familiar experience. Progent's virtual desktop services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI expertise.
- Routers attach at-home networks to the Internet and support VPN tunnels, local wireless connectivity, and firewall services. Progent can provide top-tier online consulting for integrating home routers from all major vendors. See router integration services from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, typically shared by families and visitors, are frequently used by at-home employees to access their router for work. This can create performance as well as cybersecurity issues. Progent can assist businesses to mitigate these problems by delivering expertise like Aironet integration consulting, Cisco Meraki wireless installation expertise, and Ubiquiti Unifi WiFi access point integration help.
- Internet connectivity methods impact the performance and reliability of connections between telecommuters and the company data center. Mission-critical applications might require redundant Internet access in the event the primary connection breaks. Progent can provide guidance for picking Internet service providers, picking appropriate service packages, and setting up fault-tolerant Internet access. See Internet access solutions.
VoIP Integration for an At-Home Workforce
Extending the business PBX environment to include telecommuters is critical to supporting an effective work-at-home solution. A variety of cloud-based IP voice products are popular with small and mid-size businesses to support teleworkers. Many larger organizations rely on Cisco's modern or older platforms for VoIP solutions. Progent can assist businesses of all sizes to plan or tune a telecommuter IP voice environment that delivers the versatility, transparency and security required for remote users. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice consultants can provide high-level support to assist organizations tune their current Cisco VoIP environments to support a growing remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM) extends advanced IP telephony features to devices like IP phones, media processing platforms, Voice over IP gateways, and mixed media applications used throughout the network. Unified Communications Manager supports additional combined media services such as unified messaging, video conferencing, and team interaction networks. For more information about Progent's Unified Communications Manager expertise, see Cisco Unified Communications Manager consultants.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing agent and has been superseded by Cisco Unified CM. Progent's consultants can assist you to maintain your existing CallManager deployment or migrate efficiently to Cisco's current IP telephony products. For details about Progent's expertise for CallManager and Cisco's other older VoIP products, see CallManager expertise.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide connectivity with public telephony networks and with users working beyond the corporate firewall
such as at-home workers. Progent offers consulting expertise for Cisco's legacy IP gateways like the UC520, UC540 and UC560 products and for modern Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway integration expertise.
- Other VoIP Platforms supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can help you to update your WAN infrastructure to support these solutions and provide as-needed deployment and troubleshooting services.
Voice/Video Conferencing for an At-Home Workforce
A wide range of video conferencing platforms from leading vendors support virtual meetings, video conferencing, chat, and screen/content sharing for both local workers and at-home workers. Many organizations use a mix of products to accommodate their different partners and clients. Progent's communications experts can assist your organization to manage your current conferencing ecosystem and enhance the engagement of your remote workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular communications platform that enables real-time presence, instant messaging, audio and video conferencing plus the transparent integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software including PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent offers the expertise of Microsoft-certified consultants who can help your company to deploy and maintain Skype for Business clients to support your at-home employees. For details about Progent's consulting services for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business integration services.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video phone platform for compatible iOS, iPadOS, iPod and Mac computers and smartphones. FaceTime works over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Current editions of FaceTime support up to 32 concurrent users for voice/video sessions. For details about Progent's support services for FaceTime, refer to Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports remote conferencing for most desktop or mobile devices. Offered via Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex capabilities include sharing discrete content or computer screens, presentations that incorporate rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, network-based recording, plus revision and playback for future reference. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Webex as well as for additional IP video products from Cisco, refer to Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a hub for conferencing, contacts, and information with capabilities such as video conferencing, persistent threaded chat, plus data sharing. For details about Progent's support services for Microsoft Teams and for additional Microsoft 365 apps, refer to Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Voice/Video Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide configuration and troubleshooting services for these products and
help you to tune your WAN architecture to run them.
Microsoft Collaboration Software for an At-Home Workforce
Microsoft's collaboration products are closely integrated with Microsoft's familiar Microsoft Office and Microsoft 365 families, providing a powerful environment of applications that create a consistent user experience for sharing information throughout multiple sites and on a broad range of endpoints. Progent has provided online consulting support for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange Server since their initial releases and can assist your company to tune these flagship collaboration platforms to maximize the productivity of your at-home workforce.
SharePoint uses web entities to facilitate collaboration and information sharing by offering policy-based delivery of data, business processes, and utilities for looking through enterprise-wide business data. SharePoint enables you to create secure web portals that allows remote workers to see and update consolidated corporate intelligence by means of Wikis, Blogs, social sites, and Web Parts. For details about Progent's SharePoint consulting expertise, go to SharePoint configuration and application development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To learn about Progent's Exchange expertise, go to integration consulting for Microsoft Exchange.
OneDrive is MicrosoftÔŅĹs shared cloud-based file hosting and synchronization service, comparable to GoogleDrive. At-home workers can save files to the OneDrive service, and co-workers can access them securely via a web browser. Included with Microsoft Office and Microsoft 365, OneDrive enables at-home workers to jointly author files. Revisions created offline are automatically synced when you reconnect to the Internet. To learn about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft OneDrive, refer to Onedrive configuration consulting.
Cloud Integration Services for Teleworkers
Progent offers advanced online support for enabling businesses to build, manage and repair cohesive network models that incorporate internal data centers, teleworkers, branches, plus cloud resources. Progent can provide expertise for all types of public cloud service including Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help telecommuters resolve problems with public cloud access, authentication, and security.
Azure is a popular family of cloud software and services that enables you to utilize IT infrastructure, servers, and key apps hosted on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Azure offers more than 100 cloud-based services such as the ability to host Windows and Linux-powered VMs, on-demand cloud storage, messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and data backup. Progent can assist you to deploy VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity management with Azure Active Directory, and plan data backup and recovery systems with Azure Backup. Progent can also show you how to establish protected access to Azure services for at-home workers by configuring and debugging firewall appliances and VPN IPsec tunnels. For details about Progent's support services for Microsoft Azure, see Azure expertise.
Microsoft 365, previously branded Office 365, is Microsoft's popular suite of business productivity software and cloud services available on a subscription basis. Microsoft applications and services are marketed in a variety of bundles designed for customers ranging from individuals and households to large corporations. Progent can provide fast and easy remote access to experts familiar with Microsoft 365-compatible endpoint devices based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent can help you to evaluate the various subscription plans offered with Microsoft 365 and deploy 365 applications for your remote workers to achieve top business value. For information about Progent's expertise for Microsoft 365, see Microsoft 365 consulting expertise.
Exchange Online is one of the most popular cloud-based applications in the Microsoft 365 product line. Microsoft 365 Exchange Online offers the advantages of lower spending for physical infrastructure, simplified management, dynamic scaling, high availability, and other benefits inherent with public clouds. Microsoft has designed Exchange Online to run seamlessly with local deployments of Exchange, enabling customers to create hybrid networks. Progent's certified Exchange consultants can provide occasional assistance to guide you through tough IT roadblocks and can also provide end-to-end project management outsourcing to make sure your telecommuters have convenient and secure access to your Microsoft 365 Exchange Online deployment. To learn Progent's consulting services for Microsoft 365 Exchange Online, visit Exchange Online configuration and troubleshooting consulting.
Amazon AWS is a trailblazer in the public cloud computing arena and is the world's top source of cloud services. Progent offers fast and economical online access to cloud integration consultants who can assist your organization to plan, implement, maintain, and debug hybrid IT networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud services with on-premises resources and with other public clouds like Azure. Progent also offers the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to assist your company to build a high-uptime network architecture so your users have a consistent computing experience regardless of whether they are working from your main office, a branch office, from home, or on the move. For details about Progent's support services for Amazon AWS, visit Amazon AWS integration expertise.
Google Cloud is a leading set of cloud computing services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can help your business to scale your existing IT assets with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's database consultants can help you make your critical apps cloud ready so your remote workers can take full advantage of Google Cloud services. Progent's consultants can assist your organization to set up virtual machines on Google Cloud Compute Engine, plan a cost-effective storage system with Google Cloud Storage services, and simplify access control for telecommuters with GCP Cloud Identity services. Progent's experts can also help your organization to use GCP's management tools to control and monitor your Google Cloud environment. For information, visit Google Cloud Platform (GCP) consulting expertise.
Help Desk Call Center Services for At-Home Workers
A rapid, organization-wide transition to a telecommuter business model, which could be the result of an epidemic or as a component of a business continuity process, can overwhelm even a well-staffed internal Help Desk. Progent's Help Desk services make it possible for organizations to outsource or augment their Call Center by using Progent's online Technical Response Center team.
- Progent's Standard Call Center support services leverage Progent's nationwide team of remote IT support experts combined with world-class trouble ticketing and follow-up technology to provide an economical, advanced Help Desk Call Center. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide a comprehensive solution that addresses all facets of remote Level 1 desktop support from service requests through ticket creation, desktop sharing, problem resolution, and incident reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal allows telecommuters to track or update the status of their active trouble tickets, add information, and append screen captures or relevant files. Desktop support services are delivered at a significant price reduction off Progent's ordinary Level 1 technical service rates, and Progent makes available the option of rapid hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 support experts to resolve advanced problems. For details, visit Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small and mid-size businesses.
- Progent's Call Center Supplemental Service enables your business to supplement your existing Help Desk staff by splitting responsibilities for Help Desk support seamlessly between your in-house support staff and Progent's nationwide roster of desktop support technicians and subject matter specialists. Progent's shared Call Center service uses a collaborative support model based on the number one professional services automation tool for handling service requests and ticketing, establishing responsibility, tracking progress, and generating reports. To learn how Progent's Help Desk Supplementation Services can enable your company to deliver world-class IT support to your telecommuters, see Progent's Help Desk augmentation Services.
Security for Remote Workers
At-home workers typically use their own computing devices and usually operate in an unsecured physical space. This situation increases their susceptibility to cyber threats and calls for careful configuration of corporate firewalls, anti-malware tools, multi-factor authentication, remote monitoring, thorough user education, and the creation of security policies based on best practices. Progent's seasoned roster of cybersecurity support experts can help your business to plan, configure and maintain a compliant security solution that guards critical IT assets in networks that include an at-home workforce.
Firewalls enable companies to create a network environment that can be securely utilized by local users and by an at-home workforce, mobile employees, suppliers, clients, and other stakeholders. Modern firewall devices permit you to assign and manage appropriate permissions to various classes of users and to scale your network and modify your security profile as your company evolves and as network attacks become increasingly sophisticated. Progent supports both current and older firewall appliances from all major vendors including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, and Fortinet. For more information about Progent's firewall integration services, see firewall integration and support services.
Online Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it easy to track the disparate computers used by at-home workers and either block or identify and respond to the latest cyber attacks such as ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a small-footprint software agent is put on each protected endpoint device, watching all activity and using state-of-the-art AI technology from SentinelOne to identify new attacks on arrival. When a cyberattack is discovered, ProSight Active Security Monitoring immediately disconnects the targeted endpoint device from the corporate network to quarantine the threat. Since the ProSight Active Security Monitoring software agent is self-contained, endpoint devices remain secure even if they are offline. For details about ProSight ASM, visit remote endpoint monitoring for remote workers.
Progent's Duo MFA service plans incorporate Cisco's Duo cloud technology to defend against compromised passwords by using two-factor authentication (2FA). Duo supports one-tap identity verification with Apple iOS, Google Android, and other personal devices. With Duo 2FA, when you log into a protected application and enter your password you are asked to verify your identity on a device that only you have and that uses a different network channel. A wide selection of out-of-band devices can be used for this second means of ID validation including a smartphone or watch, a hardware/software token, a landline phone, etc. You can designate multiple validation devices. For details about ProSight Duo two-factor identity authentication services, refer to Duo MFA two-factor authentication services for an at-home workforce.
Security Audits can assess the exposure of your information system to all types of outside and local security threats for an environment that incorporates teleworkers. Progent can deploy remote, automated cybersecurity inventory scanning for rapidly and affordably uncovering a wide variety of security gaps that can be found via the Internet. Progent's security audit experts, which can be provided by data security professionals with advanced credentials such as CISM, ISSAP, and GIAC, can assist your business to audit your workflows and policies and review your network architecture to allow you to implement the highest level of protection for your at-home workers.
Download White Paper: Protecting a Work-From-Home Environment
To view or download a white paper describing key things to concentrate on for securing an IT environment that supports work-from-home staff, click:
Protecting a Work-From-Home Environment White Paper. (PDF - 2.4 MB)
Data Protection Solutions for Teleworkers
The field of Data Protection involves saving and recovering vital data so as to avoid data loss and reduce restoration time and effort in the event of storage failures resulting from equipment issues, programming hiccups, human error, malware, or other causes. Dependable data protection solutions can be especially difficult to architect and manage in hybrid environments that combine local data centers, public clouds, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Recovery solutions for teleworkers must cover multiple types of user-owned endpoint devices. Progent offers fast remote help from experts knowledgeable about a wide range of products for backing up Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktop computers as well as notebooks, iOS and Android tablets and smartphones. Leading backup/restore solutions supported by Progent's backup/recovery experts include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, CrashPlan, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To protect resources distributed across a wide area network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services, a backup/recovery subscription service that uses cloud storage and includes fine-grained recovery and unified management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity plans often anticipate scenarios that call for a rapid switch to an at-home workforce. Progent's expert disaster recovery planning consultants and business continuity consultants can assist your company to produce, document and test a DR/BC strategy that includes the logistics of moving to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for Remote Workers
Microsoft has rebranded and reshuffled its endpoint management products under the title Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud management of mobile and remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing local endpoints. Endpoint Manager provides a unified environment for protecting critical data by managing onsite, mobile, and at-home endpoints.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also features Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and protecting off-premises devices and applications. Managed endpoint computers can be personally owned or company owned. IT admins managing the enrolled endpoint computers of telecommuters can utilize Intune to deploy and validate apps on managed devices, push updates and certificates, configure policies for permission to access data and networks, manage passwords, establish VPN tunnels, determine how teleworkers share data, establish threat defense, ensure security compliance, and wipe sensitive data from missing, stolen or decommissioned devices. Intune works with iOS, Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X devices. To find out about Microsoft Intune and to find out how Progent can help you to use this platform to manage the endpoint devices of your telecommuters, refer to Intune mobile device management expertise.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich centralized MDM product that allows network managers to keep off-premises endpoint devices up to date and protected. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch for centralized endpoint management plus VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery platform for access control, app management, and setup management of endpoint devices. Workspace ONE runs with endpoints powered by Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or leading distros of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-premises product through a perpetual license. Key capabilities of VMware Workspace ONE include rapid remote deployment of new notebooks, immediate onboarding of new users, policy setting and enforcement for all categories of endpoints, aggregated reporting and analytics, email encryption, and integration with Microsoft applications and cloud-based products. To learn about Progent's support for VMware Workspace ONE, refer to VMware Workspace ONE remote device management expertise.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Support Services
To contact Progent about creating and managing an efficient telecommuter environment for your Brisbane, Queensland company, phone 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.