Enlarging your remote workforce can have a major effect on IT infrastructure, security, and company processes. Progent has 20 years of background assisting businesses of all sizes to design, deploy, administer, tune, and troubleshoot IT environments that incorporate a remote workforce. Progent can assist your Brisbane organization to select the right tools and follow leading practices in building and operating a safe virtual office solution for teleworkers that facilitates collaboration and delivers maximum business value. Progent can provide services ranging from on demand guidance for getting you over challenging IT roadblocks to comprehensive project management or co-management to help you carry out mission-critical tasks.
Progent can assist Brisbane, Queensland businesses to with any facet of building a high-performing work-at-home ecosystem by providing infrastructure design and configuration services, VoIP PBX expertise, voice/video conferencing integration, collaboration platform customization and training, cloud connectivity, helpdesk services, data security, backup/restore solutions, and streamlined management.
Infrastructure for Teleworkers
Configuring the physical and software infrastructure required for a remote work environment can be particularly complicated if you must accommodate a combination of personal hardware such as desktop computers and laptops, Internet routers, and Wi-Fi appliances from an assortment of vendors and with a variety of operating systems and firmware levels. Progent's experience providing online help for both legacy and current IT products in remote office venues allows you to make efficient use of your existing network infrastructure and provides you with fast access to top-tire consultants for making necessary upgrades. Services offered by Progent to assist your company to implement a productive work-at-home infrastructure include:
- VPN technology makes it possible to create a safe connection for authenticated remote employees to use IT resources situated at your corporate data center or in a public cloud. Progent can help your company to configure and maintain VPN connections between your teleworkers and your key IT resources by providing remote VPN integration support. For organizations with Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA consultants can assist your telecommuters to set up Cisco's popular AnyConnect client software for secure VPN tunneling for a broad selection of devices including Windows, macOS, Apple iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) platforms enable a telecommuter to view and use a data center computer's desktop. This technology gives network managers significant control over the digital environment of telecommuters and offers remote users a consistent and more productive experience. Progent's virtual desktop consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI expertise.
- Routers attach at-home computer networks to the Internet and support VPN tunnels, home wireless connectivity, and firewall services. Progent offers top-tier remote consulting for integrating home routers from a variety of vendors. See router integration support from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, typically supporting the whole family and guests, are frequently utilized by at-home employees to connect to their Internet router for work. This can cause performance as well as cybersecurity issues. Progent can help you to mitigate these issues by delivering expertise like Aironet configuration expertise, Cisco-certified Meraki wireless installation expertise, and Ubiquiti wireless AP integration assistance.
- Internet access methods affect the speed and reliability of connections between telecommuters and the corporate data center. Business-critical applications might require redundant Internet connections in case the normal connection breaks. Progent can provide guidance for picking ISPs, picking sensible bandwidth and data volume packages, and setting up redundant Internet connections. Refer to Internet connectivity integration services.
VoIP Solutions for Teleworkers
Extending the corporate phone system to accommodate remote users is vital to maintaining an effective work-at-home solution. A broad range of cloud-centric digital PBX platforms are used by small and mid-size businesses to support telecommuters. Many larger organizations rely on Cisco's current or older products for IP voice solutions. Progent can help businesses of all sizes to plan or tune a telecommuter IP voice environment that provides the versatility, convenience and security required for remote users. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice consultants can provide high-level support to assist businesses optimize their current Cisco IP voice systems to support an expanding remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM or CUCM) extends high-end IP telephony features to devices such as IP phones, media processing products, VoIP gateways, and mixed media software deployed throughout the network. CUCM supports other mixed media services such as unified messaging, voice/video conferencing, and team collaboration networks. For details about Progent's CUCM expertise, visit CUCM consultants.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing software and has been replaced by Cisco Unified CM or CUCM. Progent can help your company to support your current CallManager environment or upgrade smoothly to Cisco's current IP telephony products. To learn about Progent's support services for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other early IP voice platforms, see Cisco CallManager consulting.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide connectivity with PSTN networks and with clients working beyond the corporate firewall
such as at-home workers. Progent offers consulting expertise for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways like the UC520, UC540 and UC560 series as well as for current Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway configuration expertise.
- Other VoIP Platforms supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can assist you to expand your wide area network infrastructure to support these solutions and provide on-demand integration and debugging services.
Video Conferencing for Teleworkers
A broad range of video conferencing platforms from leading vendors enable online discussions, video conferencing, chat, and screen/content sharing for both local users and telecommuters. Many companies utilize a mix of products to accommodate their various partners and customers. Progent's communications experts can assist you to manage your current conferencing ecosystem and enhance the experience of your remote workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading communications platform that enables presence, instant messaging, voice and video conferencing plus the seamless integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software such as PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent can provide the expertise of Microsoft-certified specialists who can assist you to set up and manage Skype for Business client software to accommodate your at-home employees. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Skype for Business, refer to Skype for Business integration experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video phone app for compatible iOS, iPadOS, iPod and Mac computers and smartphones. FaceTime runs over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Later editions of FaceTime support as many as 32 concurrent users for voice/video calls. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Apple FaceTime, visit Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides remote conferencing for virtually all computing devices. Offered through Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex services include sharing granular content or computer screens, presentations that embed rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint, session capture, plus revision and playback for future reference and training. For details about Progent's support expertise for Cisco Webex as well as for other video conferencing solutions from Cisco, see Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a portal for conferencing, contacts, and content with capabilities such as voice/video conferencing, persistent threaded chat, plus file sharing. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Teams as well as for additional Microsoft 365 products, see Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Voice/Video Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide configuration and debugging expertise for these conferencing platforms and
help your business to tune your network architecture to host them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Software for an At-Home Workforce
Microsoft's collaboration products are closely integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office families, offering a powerful environment of applications that create a consistent user experience for sharing data and ideas throughout a corporate network and on a wide range of endpoints. Progent has delivered online consulting support for SharePoint and Exchange since their initial releases and can help your company to deploy these flagship collaboration products to optimize the productivity of your remote workers.
SharePoint uses web entities to enable collaboration and knowledge sharing by offering policy-driven access to data, business processes, and utilities for looking through company-wide business data. SharePoint enables you to create secure portals that enables remote workforce to view and edit aggregated corporate intelligence via Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social web sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). To find out about Progent's SharePoint consulting services, go to SharePoint configuration and application development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To learn about Progent's Exchange support services, go to integration expertise for Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoftís shared cloud file hosting and synchronization service, comparable to GoogleDrive. Remote workers can save files to the OneDrive service, and colleagues can access them safely through a web browser. Included with Office 365, OneDrive enables remote employees to co-edit files. Edits created offline are uploaded when you go back online. For information about Progent's support services for OneDrive, visit Onedrive integration consulting.
Cloud Integration Services for Remote Workers
Progent offers advanced online support for enabling businesses to build, manage and repair cohesive network models that combine physical data centers, remote workers, branch offices, and public cloud resources. Progent offers top-tier consultant for all modes of cloud service delivery such as Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help telecommuters fix problems with cloud connectivity, identity, and security.
Azure is a leading family of cloud services that enables you to utilize infrastructure, servers, and key applications running on Microsoft's massive cloud. Microsoft Azure offers over 100 services services such as the ability to host Windows and Linux-powered VMs, scalable cloud storage, messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and backup/restore. Progent can assist your organization to deploy virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, configure storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity management with Azure Active Directory, and plan data backup and recovery solutions with Azure Backup. Progent can also show you how to create secure access to Azure services for teleworkers by configuring and troubleshooting firewalls and VPN tunnels. For information about Progent's consulting services for Azure, visit Microsoft Azure expertise.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's popular suite of business productivity software and cloud services offered on a subscription basis. Microsoft apps and services are marketed in a variety of plans intended for users ranging from students and households to major enterprises. Progent can provide fast and easy online access to consultants familiar with Microsoft 365-compatible client devices based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent can help you to evaluate the various subscription bundles available for Office 365 and deploy 365 apps for your remote workers in a way that delivers maximum business value. For details about Progent's expertise for Microsoft Office 365, visit Office 365 consulting services.
Exchange Online is one of the most popular cloud-based applications in Azure-hosted Office 365 product line. Microsoft 365 Exchange Online provides the benefits of lower spending for data center infrastructure, simplified management, on-demand scaling, high availability, and additional advantages inherent with public clouds. Microsoft has designed Office 365 Exchange Online to run smoothly with local Exchange environments, enabling you to create hybrid cloud/onsite networks. Progent's certified Exchange experts can provide occasional help to guide you through tough technical roadblocks and also offer end-to-end project management outsourcing to ensure your remote workers have convenient and secure access to your Office 365 Exchange Online environment. For details Progent's support services for Microsoft 365 Exchange Online, visit Microsoft 365 Exchange Online configuration and support expertise.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a trailblazer in the public cloud computing market and is the industry's biggest source of cloud services. Progent offers quick and economical online contact with cloud connectivity consultants who can help your business to plan, implement, maintain, and debug hybrid information networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud services with local resources and with other public clouds like Azure. Progent also offers access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to assist your company to create a high-uptime network model so your users have a consistent computing environment whether they are working from your main office, a remote branch, from home, or on the move. For information about Progent's consulting services for Amazon AWS, visit Amazon AWS integration expertise.
Google Cloud (GCP) is a popular collection of public cloud services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can help you to expand your existing IT assets with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's database consultants can show you how to make your critical apps cloud ready so your teleworkers can take full advantage of Google Cloud Platform services. Progent's consultants can help you to deploy virtual machines on GCP Compute Engine, plan a cost-effective storage solution with Google Cloud Storage, and streamline access management for telecommuters with GCP Cloud Identity services. Progent's consultants can also help your organization to use GCP's management tools to administer and monitor your Google Cloud environment. For information, see Google Cloud Platform consulting services.
Help Desk Services for Telecommuters
A rapid, organization-wide changeover to a from-home workforce, which could be activated by an epidemic or as a component of a business continuity plan, can overwhelm even a well-staffed internal Help Desk. Progent's Help Desk Call Center services make it possible for organizations of any size to outsource or expand their Call Center with Progent's remote Technical Response Center team.
- Progent's Standard Call Center support services leverage Progent's extensive network of online technical support experts combined with world-class ticketing and follow-up software to provide an affordable, advanced Help Desk Call Center. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide a comprehensive solution that addresses all aspects of remote Level 1 PC technical support from help requests to trouble ticket creation, desktop sharing, problem resolution, and reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal allows from-home workers to check or edit their current tickets, add details, and append screen captures and relevant files. Support services are delivered at a significant discount off Progent's normal Level 1 technical support charges, and Progent offers optional fast hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 support specialists to deal with advanced problems. To learn more, see Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small companies.
- Progent's Help Desk Augmentation Service enables your business to supplement your existing Call Desk team by sharing delivery of Call Center support services transparently between your regular IT support organization and Progent's extensive pool of desktop support technicians and subject matter experts. Progent's shared Support Desk service uses a co-sourcing support model based on the leading professional services automation tool for managing help requests and trouble tickets, establishing responsibility, tracking progress, and producing reports. For information about how Progent's Call Center Augmentation Services can enable your company to provide world-class desktop support to your teleworkers, see Progent's Call Center supplementation Services.
Security for Telecommuters
Remote workers commonly use their own computing devices and work in a physically unsecured space. This increases their exposure to cyber threats and demands careful use of firewalls, remote monitoring, and the creation of policies in compliance with leading practices. Progent's seasoned roster of certified data security experts can help your organization to design, implement and administer a modern cybersecurity solution that safeguards critical information in IT networks that incorporate telecommuters.
- Firewalls allow you to build a network that can be safely accessed by on-premises users as well as by at-home workers, mobile users, vendors, customers, and the public. Modern firewall appliances permit you to configure and control different access rights to various classes of users and to expand your IT network and adjust your cybersecurity posture as your business evolves and as network attacks become increasingly complex. Progent supports both current and older firewall devices from all leading manufacturers like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, and Fortinet. To find out more about Progent's firewall integration services, see firewall configuration and support services.
- Online Endpoint Monitoring makes it possible to track the various computers used by an at-home workforce and either reject or spot and respond to the latest threats like ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a lightweight software agent is installed on each secured endpoint device, monitoring all activity and utilizing state-of-the-art AI technology to identify new threats before they can spread. When an attack is discovered, ProSight ASM instantly isolates the infected endpoint from the corporate network to contain the threat. Because the ProSight ASM agent is autonomous, endpoint devices stay secure even when they are offline. For details about ProSight ASM, visit remote endpoint monitoring for teleworkers.
- Security Audits can assess the exposure of your network to all classes of outside and local security threats for an environment that incorporates telecommuters. Progent can deploy online, automated security analysis software for rapidly and affordably uncovering a broad range of security weaknesses that can be surfaced over the Internet. Progent's endpoint security audit experts, which can be provided by data security professionals with top credentials such as CISA, ISSAP, and GIAC, can assist your company to audit your procedures and policies and assess your WAN architecture to allow you to design top-level security for your remote workers.
Data Protection Solutions for Teleworkers
The field of Data Protection involves backing up and restoring critical data in order to avoid data loss and reduce recovery time and effort in case of storage problems due to equipment issues, software glitches, operator error, cyber attack, or any other reason. Reliable data protection solutions can be especially challenging to design and maintain in hybrid networks that combine private data centers, public clouds, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Recovery strategies for at-home workers must address diverse types of user-owned endpoints. Progent offers quick online help from experts knowledgeable about a broad array of products for backing up Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX servers and desktop computers as well as laptops, iOS and Android tablets and smartphones. Popular backup/recovery products maintained by Progent's data protection experts include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, CrashPlan, Mozy, and Time Machine. To protect data spread throughout a wide area network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a backup/recovery service that uses cloud storage and includes granular recovery and unified management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity strategies commonly anticipate scenarios that call for a temporary switch to telecommuting. Progent's senior disaster recovery preparedness experts and business continuity planning specialists can assist you to develop, document and test a DR/BC plan that addresses the logistics of switching to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for At-Home Workers
Microsoft has rebranded and reshuffled its endpoint management platforms under the title Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud management of remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing on-premises endpoints. Microsoft Endpoint Manager features a unified platform for safeguarding corporate information by managing local, mobile, and home-based endpoint devices.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also features Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and protecting mobile devices and applications. Remote endpoint devices can be user owned or business owned. Network admins managing the endpoint devices of telecommuters can use Intune to provision and validate apps on managed devices, push updates and certificates, configure policies for permission to access data and networks, manage passwords, create VPN connections, determine how telecommuters share data, establish threat defense, verify compliance, and wipe sensitive information from lost, stolen or deactivated devices. Intune runs with Apple iOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS endpoints. To learn about Intune and how Progent can assist your company to use this platform to manage the endpoint devices of your telecommuters, see Intune teleworker device management experts.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced unified Mobile Device Management (MDM) platform that helps network managers to keep remote endpoints up to date and secure. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch technology for centralized endpoint administration combined with VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery technology for authorization control, app management, and setup management of endpoint devices. Workspace ONE operates with devices powered by Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-site product via a perpetual license. Top features of VMware Workspace ONE include rapid over-the-air provisioning of out-of-the-box notebooks, quick onboarding of new employees, policy setting and enforcement for all classes of devices, unifies reporting and performance analytics, an email encryption gateway, and tight integration with Microsoft apps and cloud products. For details about Progent's support services for VMware Workspace ONE, visit VMware Workspace ONE mobile device management expertise.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Expertise
To get in touch with Progent about creating and maintaining a productive work-from-home solution for your Brisbane, Queensland business, phone 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.