Expanding your at-home workforce can have a significant effect on network architecture, cybersecurity, and corporate culture. Progent has two decades of background assisting small and mid-size businesses to design, configure, administer, tune, and troubleshoot IT networks that support at-home workers. Progent can help your Brisbane organization to pick the right technologies and follow best practices in creating and operating a secure virtual ecosystem for telecommuters that promotes teamwork and returns top value. Progent can provide support services that go from on demand guidance for helping you over challenging technical roadblocks to comprehensive project management to help you successfully complete business-critical tasks.
Progent's consultants can help Brisbane, Queensland companies to succeed with any facet of creating a high-performing work-at-home environment by delivering network infrastructure design and configuration services, IP voice expertise, voice/video conferencing support, collaboration platform customization and training, cloud integration, Help Desk services, data security, data protection solutions, and centralized management.
Network Infrastructure for Telecommuters
Setting up the network infrastructure required to support an at-home work environment can be particularly complex if you have to manage a combination of personal equipment like PCs and notebooks, Internet routers, and Wi-Fi APs from different vendors and with a variety of operating systems and firmware releases. Progent's experience providing online help for both outdated and current IT products in virtual office venues allows you to make efficient use of your existing network infrastructure and provides you with ready access to top-tire consultants for making essential updates. Support services available from Progent to assist your company to create a high-functioning telecommuting infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) connectivity makes it possible to establish a secure tunnel for authenticated at-home employees to use IT assets located at your corporate datacenter or in a public cloud. Progent can help your company to configure and maintain VPN access between your teleworkers and your key network resources by providing online VPN configuration consulting. For businesses with Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA Firewall experts can help your telecommuters to utilize Cisco's AnyConnect client software for secure VPN tunneling for a wide selection of endpoint devices such as Microsoft Windows, Mac, iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure platforms enable a teleworker to view and use a data center computer's desktop. This gives network managers significant control over the digital environment of telecommuters and ensures them a consistent and more productive experience. Progent's virtual desktop consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI solutions.
- Routers attach home computer networks to the Internet and support VPN connections, local Wi-Fi connectivity, and firewall services. Progent can provide top-tier remote support for integrating home routers from a range of vendors. See router configuration services from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, often shared by an entire household and visitors, are commonly used by telecommuters to connect to their Internet router for work. This can cause performance and cybersecurity issues. Progent can help you to mitigate these problems by providing expertise like Cisco Aironet configuration expertise, Cisco-certified Meraki WiFi deployment consulting, and Ubiquiti Unifi WiFi access point setup help.
- Internet access solutions impact the performance and availability of connections between telecommuters and the company network. Mission-critical processes might demand backup Internet connections in the event the normal connection breaks. Progent offers guidance for selecting ISPs, picking appropriate service packages, and configuring redundant Internet connections. Refer to Internet access solutions.
IP Voice Integration for At-Home Workers
Expanding the business phone environment to include teleworkers is vital to maintaining an effective work-at-home solution. A broad range of cloud-based digital PBX products are used by small and mid-size businesses to support remote users. Many enterprises rely on Cisco's current or legacy products for IP voice solutions. Progent can help organizations of any size to plan or tune a telecommuter IP voice service that provides the flexibility, transparency and protection required for telecommuters. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice experts offer high-level support to assist organizations optimize their existing Cisco VoIP environments to support a growing remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) delivers enterprise IP telephony features to devices such as VoIP phones, media processing products, Voice over IP gateways, and mixed media software used across the network. CUCM manages other mixed media services such as unified messaging, voice/video conferencing, and customer interaction networks. For details about Progent's CUCM support, visit CUCM consulting services.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing agent and has been replaced by CUCM. Progent's consultants can assist your company to maintain your current CallManager environment or upgrade efficiently to Cisco's modern IP telephony solutions. To find out about Progent's expertise for CallManager and Cisco's other legacy IP voice products, see Cisco CallManager expertise.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable connectivity with PSTN networks and with users operating beyond the corporate firewall
such as at-home workers. Progent can provide expert support for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways such as the UC520, UC540 and UC560 series as well as for current Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway integration expertise.
- Additional VoIP Platforms supported by Progent include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can assist you to enhance your WAN architecture to support these solutions and deliver on-demand integration and debugging expertise.
Voice/Video Conferencing for an At-Home Workforce
A wide range of voice/video conferencing products from major vendors support virtual discussions, video and voice conferencing, chat sessions, and screen sharing for both local workers and telecommuters. Many organizations utilize a mix of conferencing products to meet the needs of their different partners and customers. Progent can help you to manage your existing voice/video conferencing ecosystem and enhance the productivity of your remote workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular communications product that enables real-time presence, instant messaging, voice and video conferencing plus the seamless integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications such as PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent offers the skills of Microsoft-certified specialists who can help your company to set up and maintain Skype for Business client software to support your at-home workforce. For details about Progent's consulting services for Skype for Business, visit Skype for Business consulting services.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video calling platform for iOS and macOS devices. FaceTime runs on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Current versions of FaceTime support up to 32 simultaneous users for voice/video sessions. For details about Progent's support services for FaceTime, visit Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports online conferencing for virtually all desktop or mobile devices. Offered through Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex capabilities include sharing specific content or screens, presentations that embed rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint, session recording, plus revision and playback for future reference. For details about Progent's support services for Webex and for additional IP video solutions from Cisco, visit Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a hub for conferencing, contacts, and content with features that include video conferencing, threaded chat, plus data sharing. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Teams as well as for other Microsoft 365 apps, see Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Conferencing Apps supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver integration and troubleshooting services for these conferencing platforms and
assist your business to tune your network infrastructure to run them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Software for Telecommuters
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are closely integrated with Microsoft's familiar Microsoft Office and Microsoft 365 families, providing a powerful ecosystem of applications that create a consistent user experience for exchanging information throughout multiple sites and on a wide selection of endpoints. Progent has provided remote consulting services for SharePoint and Exchange since their original publication and can help businesses to configure these critical collaboration platforms to maximize the effectiveness of your remote workforce.
SharePoint utilizes web sites to facilitate collaboration and information sharing by providing policy-based delivery of data, business processes, and tools for searching through company-wide information silos. SharePoint allows you to create protected web portals that allows at-home workforce to view and update aggregated business intelligence by means of Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social sites, and Web Parts. For information about Progent's SharePoint expertise, go to SharePoint integration and development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For information about Progent's Exchange support services, visit deployment consulting for Microsoft Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoft's collaborative cloud storage service, similar to GoogleDrive. At-home users can store files to OneDrive, and colleagues can access them securely through a browser. Provided with Microsoft Office and Microsoft 365, OneDrive allows remote workers to co-author files. Revisions made offline are synced when you reconnect to the Internet. To find out about Progent's expertise for OneDrive, refer to Microsoft Onedrive integration experts.
Public Cloud Integration for Remote Workers
Progent can provide advanced online assistance for enabling businesses to build, manage and repair integrated network architectures that include physical data centers, telecommuters, branches, and public cloud services. Progent can provide top-tier consultant for all types of public cloud service delivery including Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help remote workers resolve problems with public cloud access, identity, and security.
Microsoft Azure is a leading family of cloud services that allows you to utilize IT infrastructure, servers, and key applications running on Microsoft's massive cloud. Microsoft Azure features more than 100 services services such as hosting for Windows and Linux-based VMs, scalable cloud storage, messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and data protection. Progent can help you to set up VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, configure storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity control with Azure AD, and plan data backup and recovery systems with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also help you create protected connections to Azure services for at-home workers by setting up and troubleshooting firewalls and VPN tunnels. For details about Progent's support services for Azure, visit Azure consulting.
Microsoft 365, previously called Office 365, is Microsoft's popular family of business productivity applications and cloud services available on a subscription basis. Microsoft applications and services are marketed in a selection of bundles intended for customers ranging from individuals and households to large enterprises. Progent offers fast and affordable remote contact with consultants familiar with Microsoft 365-compatible endpoints running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent can assist your business to evaluate the numerous subscription bundles offered with Microsoft 365 and configure 365 applications for your telecommuters in a way that delivers top business value. For details about Progent's support services for Microsoft 365, go to Microsoft 365 integration expertise.
Microsoft 365 Exchange Online is one of the most widely used cloud-based applications in Azure-hosted Microsoft 365 product suite. Exchange Online offers the advantages of reduced costs for data center infrastructure, simplified management, on-demand scaling, high availability, and other advantages inherent with cloud computing. Microsoft has designed Microsoft 365 Exchange Online to operate smoothly with on-premises deployments of Exchange, allowing customers to create hybrid networks. Progent's certified Exchange consultants are available for occasional help to get you through challenging technical roadblocks and can also provide end-to-end project management outsourcing to make sure your telecommuters have easy and safe access to your Exchange Online environment. To find out Progent's support services for Exchange Online, go to Microsoft 365 Exchange Online integration and support expertise.
Amazon AWS is a pioneer in the public cloud market and is the industry's top source of cloud-based services. Progent can provide fast and economical online access to cloud connectivity experts who can help your organization to design, implement, manage, and troubleshoot hybrid information networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with on-premises resources and with other public clouds such as Microsoft Azure. Progent also offers the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to help you to build a high-availability network architecture to make sure your employees have a consistent computing environment regardless of whether they are working from your main office, a branch office, at home, or on the road. To find out about Progent's consulting expertise for Amazon AWS, see Amazon AWS consulting support.
Google Cloud is a popular collection of cloud computing services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can help you to scale your current IT resources with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's DBA consultants can help you make your critical apps cloud ready so your teleworkers can benefit fully from Google Cloud Platform services. Progent's consultants can help your business to set up VMs on Google Cloud Compute Engine, plan a cost-effective storage system with GCP Storage, and simplify access control for at-home workers with GCP Cloud Identity services. Progent's experts can also assist your business to utilize GCP's unified management technology to control and monitor your GCP environment. To find out, refer to Google Cloud Platform integration support.
Help Desk Call Center Support for Telecommuters
An emergency, enterprise-wide changeover to a from-home business model, which could be the result of a pandemic or as part of a disaster recovery/business continuity process, can overwhelm even the most efficient in-house Support Desk. Progent's Help Desk services make it possible for organizations to outsource or augment their Help Desk Call Center by using Progent's online Technical Response Center (TRC) services.
- Progent's Standard Support Desk support services utilize Progent's extensive team of online technical support specialists combined with world-class ticketing and tracking technology to offer an affordable, modern Call Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer a comprehensive solution that addresses all aspects of remote Level 1 PC technical support from service requests through trouble ticket creation, screen sharing, issue resolution, and incident reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal enables telecommuters to monitor or update the status of their active tickets, enter details, and upload screenshots or relevant files. Support services are delivered at a substantial discount off Progent's normal Level 1 desktop support rates, and Progent makes available optional fast escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 support experts to deal with advanced issues. To find out more, refer to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small and mid-size companies.
- Progent's Help Desk Call Center Supplemental Service enables your company to supplement your existing Call Center staff by sharing delivery of Help Desk Call Center support services transparently between your regular support personnel and Progent's nationwide roster of desktop support engineers and subject matter experts. Progent's shared Call Center service is based on a co-sourcing support solution utilizing the number one professional services automation (PSA) platform for handling service requests and ticketing, assigning responsibility, monitoring progress, and producing management reports. To find out how Progent's Support Desk Supplementation Services can help your business to provide best-in-class desktop support to your teleworkers, see Progent's Help Desk augmentation Services.
Security and Compliance for Telecommuters
Work-from-Home (WFH) employees typically utilize their personal computers and usually operate in an unsecured physical environment. This situation multiplies their vulnerability to malware threats and requires careful configuration of corporate firewalls, AV tools, MFA-based identity verification, remote monitoring, thorough end-user training, and the creation of security policies based on leading practices. Progent's seasoned group of data security solutions experts can help your business to design, implement and maintain a compliant security solution that guards critical IT assets in networks that incorporate at-home workers.
Firewalls enable companies to build a network environment that can be securely accessed by local users as well as by an at-home workforce, mobile users, vendors, clients, and other stakeholders. Modern firewall appliances permit you to configure and manage appropriate permissions to different groups of users and to scale your IT network and adjust your security as your company evolves and as cyber threats become more complex. Progent works with both new and legacy firewall devices from all major manufacturers including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, and Fortinet. To learn more about Progent's firewall support expertise, refer to firewall integration and support services.
Remote Endpoint Monitoring makes it easy to track the disparate devices utilized by remote workers and either block or spot and mitigate the latest threats like ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a small-footprint agent is put on every secured endpoint, watching all activity and using state-of-the-art behavioral threat analysis from SentinelOne to identify zero-day threats at inception. When a cyberattack is discovered, ProSight ASM instantly isolates the impacted device from the corporate network to quarantine the threat. Because the ProSight Active Security Monitoring agent is self-contained, endpoints stay secure even if they are offline. Progent is a SentinelOne Partner, dealer, and integrator. For details about ProSight ASM, see remote endpoint monitoring for at-home workers.
Progent's Duo authentication Managed Services utilize Cisco's Duo technology to protect against compromised passwords through the use of two-factor authentication (2FA). Duo supports one-tap identity verification on iOS, Google Android, and other out-of-band devices. With Duo 2FA, whenever you sign into a secured online account and give your password you are asked to verify your identity on a device that only you have and that uses a different ("out-of-band") network channel. A wide range of devices can be utilized as this added means of authentication such as a smartphone or wearable, a hardware/software token, a landline telephone, etc. You may designate multiple validation devices. For details about ProSight Duo two-factor identity authentication services, refer to Cisco Duo MFA two-factor authentication (2FA) services for an at-home workforce.
Security Audits can assess the exposure of your network to all types of outside and local security threats for a network that includes telecommuters. Progent can run online, automated cybersecurity analysis software for quickly and affordably uncovering a wide variety of security holes that can be found via the Internet. Progent's security audit experts, which can be provided by security professionals with top certifications such as CISA, ISSAP, and GIAC, can help you to evaluate your procedures and policies and review your WAN architecture to allow you to design the highest level of protection for your teleworkers.
Horizon3.ai's NodeZero PEN Testing Platform is a cutting-edge penetration test (pentest) product family that can deliver automated threat assessment of your work-from-home connectivity solution as well as your internal and perimeter networks so you can find, prioritize, remediate, and confirm cybersecurity vulnerabilities before threat actors can take advantage of them. Progent's pentest experts can help you to deploy NodeZero to perform thorough penetration tests of your network perimeter and your internal IT infrastructure in order to determine your current security profile. Progent can also assist you to harden your existing network security and can assist you to design and deploy a cohesive cybersecurity strategy that simplifies management and provides optimum protection for on-prem, cloud-based, at-home, and perimeter IT resources. To learn more information about Progent's vulnerability analysis solutions powered by on NodeZero's pentest products, refer to Consulting Services for NodeZero's PEN Test Products.
Download White Paper: Securing a Work-From-Home (WFH) Network
To view or download a white paper describing key things to concentrate on for protecting an IT environment that supports telecommuters, click:
Protecting a Work-From-Home Environment White Paper. (PDF - 2.4 MB)
Data Protection for Telecommuters
Data Protection covers saving and recovering critical data in order to prevent data loss and reduce restoration time and effort in case of storage problems due to equipment issues, programming hiccups, human mistakes, cyber attack, or any other reason. Reliable data protection solutions can be especially difficult to design and maintain in hybrid networks that incorporate local data centers, public clouds, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Recovery solutions for telecommuters must cover diverse types of user-owned endpoints. Progent offers fast remote access to consultants knowledgeable about a wide range of products for protection Microsoft Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktops as well as laptops, tablets and smartphones. Popular backup/restore solutions supported by Progent's data protection consultants include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To protect resources spread across a wide area network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services, a managed backup/recovery subscription service that uses cloud storage and includes fine-grained recovery and unified management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity plans often anticipate scenarios that require a temporary switch to telecommuting. Progent's expert disaster recovery preparedness consultants and business continuity specialists can help your business to produce, document and test a DR/BC strategy that addresses the logistics of moving to telecommuting.
Unified Management for Teleworkers
Microsoft has renamed and reshuffled its endpoint management products under the name Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud-based management of mobile and remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing local computers. Microsoft Endpoint Manager provides a centralized solution for safeguarding critical information by controlling onsite, mobile, and at-home endpoint devices.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also includes Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and protecting off-premises computers and applications. Managed endpoint computers can be user owned or company owned. IT administrators managing the enrolled endpoint computers of teleworkers can use Intune to deploy and authenticate applications on devices, push updates and certificates, set up policies for accessing information and resources, set passwords, establish VPN connections, control how home-based workers share information, establish threat defense, verify security compliance, and erase sensitive information from missing, stolen or decommissioned devices. Microsoft Intune works with iOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X computers. For information about Intune and to find out how Progent can assist your company to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to manage the endpoint computers of your at-home workforce, visit Intune teleworker endpoint management consultants.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich centralized Mobile Device Management (MDM) product that allows network managers to keep offsite endpoint devices up to date and protected. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch for centralized endpoint management along with VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery platform for access control, application management, and configuration management of endpoints. Workspace ONE runs with endpoints powered by Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or leading distros of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-premises product through a one-time purchase. Top features of VMware Workspace ONE include rapid over-the-air deployment of new laptops, immediate onboarding of new employees, policy set up and enforcement for all classes of endpoints, unifies management reporting and performance analytics, email encryption, and tight integration with Microsoft applications and cloud-based services. For information about Progent's support services for VMware Workspace ONE, go to VMware Workspace ONE mobile device management expertise.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Expertise
To contact Progent about building and managing an efficient telecommuter environment for your Brisbane, Queensland business, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.