Enlarging your remote workforce can have a significant effect on network infrastructure, cybersecurity, and company culture. Progent has two decades of experience assisting small and mid-size businesses to plan, configure, manage, tune, and troubleshoot IT environments that incorporate a remote workforce. Progent can assist your Brisbane organization to select the appropriate tools and adhere to leading practices in creating and operating a secure virtual ecosystem for telecommuters that promotes teamwork and delivers top business value. Progent offers support services that go from as-needed guidance for getting you over occasional technical roadblocks to comprehensive project management to help you successfully complete mission-critical tasks.
Progent's consultants can assist Brisbane, Queensland businesses to with any facet of creating a high-functioning telecommuting ecosystem by delivering network infrastructure configuration services, IP voice expertise, video conferencing integration, collaboration platform customization and training, public cloud connectivity, Help Desk outsourcing, cybersecurity, data protection solutions, and unified management.
Network Infrastructure for an At-Home Workforce
Configuring the network infrastructure needed for a remote work environment can be particularly challenging if you have to accommodate a combination of worker-owned hardware such as desktop computers and notebooks, Internet routers, and Wi-Fi APs from an assortment of manufacturers and with a mix of operating systems and firmware levels. Progent's background delivering remote support for both outdated as well as modern IT products in remote office solutions enables you to make cost-effective use of your existing infrastructure and offers ready access to expertise for making essential updates. Services offered by Progent to help your company to implement a high-functioning work-at-home infrastructure include:
- VPN connectivity allows you to create a secure connection for authenticated remote employees to use IT resources located at your corporate datacenter or in the cloud. Progent can help you to deploy and maintain VPN connections between your teleworkers and your key IT resources by providing online VPN integration support. For organizations using Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco ASA experts can assist your telecommuters to set up Cisco's popular AnyConnect client software to provide secure VPN tunneling for a broad selection of devices such as Windows, macOS, Apple iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) platforms allow a telecommuter to view and use a data center computer's desktop. This technology provides network managers substantial control over the computing environment of telecommuters and offers remote users a familiar work experience. Progent's VDI consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops expertise.
- Routers connect at-home networks to the Internet and support VPN tunnels, home Wi-Fi connectivity, and firewall services. Progent can provide expert online support for setting up routers from a range of vendors. See router integration services from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wireless networks, often supporting an entire household and visitors, are frequently used by telecommuters to connect to their router for work. This can create performance as well as cybersecurity issues. Progent can help businesses to mitigate these problems by delivering expertise that include Aironet integration expertise, Cisco Meraki WiFi deployment expertise, and Ubiquiti WiFi AP setup assistance.
- Internet connectivity methods impact the performance and reliability of connections between at-home workers and the corporate network. Vital applications might demand backup Internet access in case the primary connection breaks. Progent offers guidance for picking service providers, selecting sensible service bundles, and configuring fault-tolerant Internet access. Refer to Internet access integration services.
VoIP Integration for an At-Home Workforce
Extending the business PBX environment to include teleworkers is critical to supporting a productive at-home workforce. A variety of cloud-based IP voice platforms are popular with SMBs to server remote users. Many larger organizations depend on Cisco's current or older platforms for IP voice management. Progent can assist businesses of any size to plan or maintain a remote IP voice environment that provides the versatility, convenience and protection required for at-home workers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice experts offer advanced support to help businesses optimize their existing Cisco VoIP systems to support a growing at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) delivers high-end IP telephony features to devices like VoIP phones, media processing products, Voice over IP gateways, and mixed media applications used across the network. Unified Communications Manager supports additional combined media services like unified messaging, voice/video conferencing, and customer interaction networks. For details about Progent's Cisco Unified CM or CUCM support, visit CUCM consultants.
- CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing agent and has been superseded by Cisco Unified CM or CUCM. Progent can help you to support your current CallManager environment or upgrade smoothly to Cisco's modern IP telephony products. To learn about Progent's support services for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other early VoIP platforms, refer to Cisco CallManager consulting services.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable integration with public telephony networks and with users operating outside the corporate perimeter
like telecommuters. Progent can provide consulting expertise for Cisco's legacy IP gateways such as the UC520, UC540 and UC560 series as well as for current Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway configuration expertise.
- Other VoIP Platforms supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can help you to update your wide area network infrastructure to work with these solutions and deliver as-needed configuration and debugging expertise.
Voice/Video Conferencing for Remote Workers
A wide selection of voice/video conferencing products from major technology companies enable online meetings, video and voice conferencing, chat sessions, and content sharing for both local users and telecommuters. Many companies utilize a mix of products to meet the needs of their various partners and customers. Progent can assist you to manage your current voice/video conferencing environment and optimize the experience of your at-home employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular communications platform that supports presence, IM, voice and video conferencing as well as the transparent integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software such as PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent can provide the skills of Microsoft-certified consultants who can assist your company to set up and manage Skype for Business clients to accommodate your at-home workforce. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business integration experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video calling platform for compatible iOS and Mac computers and smartphones. FaceTime works on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Later versions of FaceTime allow up to 32 simultaneous users for voice/video calls. For details about Progent's consulting services for Apple FaceTime, see Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides online conferencing for most desktop or mobile devices. Offered via Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex services include sharing specific content or computer screens, presentations that incorporate rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, network-based capture, plus revision and playback for future reference and training. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Cisco Webex as well as for other IP video solutions from Cisco, visit Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a portal for conferencing, contacts, and information with features that include voice/video conferencing, persistent threaded chat, plus file sharing. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Microsoft Teams as well as for other Microsoft 365 products, visit Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Voice/Video Conferencing Apps supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide configuration and debugging expertise for these conferencing platforms and
help your business to optimize your network infrastructure to host them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Software for Remote Workers
Microsoft's collaboration products are closely integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office and Microsoft 365 families, providing a rich ecosystem of applications that deliver a consistent user interface for sharing data and ideas throughout a corporate network and on a broad range of endpoint devices. Progent has provided online consulting services for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange since their first releases and can help your company to configure these critical collaboration products to maximize the productivity of your remote workforce.
SharePoint uses web sites to enable collaboration and knowledge sharing by providing policy-based delivery of content, workflow, and utilities for looking through enterprise-wide information silos. SharePoint permits you to create protected web portals that enables remote workforce to view and edit aggregated corporate intelligence via Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social web sites, and Web Parts. For information about Progent's SharePoint support services, go to SharePoint integration and application development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For details about Progent's Exchange consulting services, see planning and configuration consulting for Microsoft Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoft's shared cloud file hosting and synchronization service, similar to GoogleDrive. Remote workers can save files to the OneDrive service, and colleagues anywhere can access them safely through a web browser. Included with Office and Microsoft 365, OneDrive enables at-home employees to co-edit files. Revisions made offline are uploaded when you reconnect to the Internet. To learn about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft OneDrive, go to Onedrive configuration experts.
Cloud Integration for Remote Workers
Progent offers fast and affordable online assistance for helping organizations to create, manage and troubleshoot integrated hybrid network models that incorporate internal data centers, remote workers, branches, plus cloud resources. Progent offers expertise for all types of cloud service delivery such as Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service. Progent can help remote workers fix issues with cloud connectivity, authentication, and security.
Azure is a popular family of cloud software and services that allows you to utilize infrastructure, servers, and key apps running on Microsoft's massive cloud. Microsoft Azure includes over 100 cloud-based services including hosting for Windows and Linux-based virtual machines, on-demand cloud storage, messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and data backup. Progent can help you to deploy VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, configure cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity control with Azure Active Directory, and plan backup and recovery solutions with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also help you establish secure connections to Azure services for teleworkers by setting up and debugging firewalls and VPN IPsec tunnels. To find out about Progent's consulting services for Azure, visit Microsoft Azure consulting.
Microsoft 365, formerly called Office 365, is Microsoft's growing suite of client productivity software and cloud-based services offered by subscription. Microsoft apps and services are provided in a selection of plans designed for customers ranging from students and small offices to large enterprises. Progent offers fast and easy remote access to experts familiar with Microsoft 365-compatible clients running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent's experts can help your business to assess the numerous subscription plans offered with Microsoft 365 and configure 365 applications for your teleworkers to achieve top business value. To learn about Progent's support services for Microsoft 365, go to Microsoft 365 integration support.
Exchange Online is among the most popular cloud-based applications in Azure-hosted Microsoft 365 product line. Microsoft 365 Exchange Online offers the advantages of reduced costs for physical infrastructure, easier management, dynamic scaling, high reliability, and other benefits associated with cloud computing. Microsoft has designed Exchange Online to run smoothly with on-premises Exchange environments, allowing customers to create hybrid information systems. Progent's Exchange consultants are available for occasional help to guide you through tough technical roadblocks and also offer comprehensive project management outsourcing to make sure your at-home workers have convenient and secure access to your Exchange Online environment. For information Progent's expertise for Exchange Online, see Microsoft 365 Exchange Online configuration and troubleshooting consulting.
Amazon AWS is a trailblazer in the public cloud market and is the industry's leading source of cloud-based services. Progent offers rapid and affordable online contact with cloud integration consultants who can help your organization to design, deploy, manage, and troubleshoot hybrid IT networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud services with on-premises resources and with other popular cloud platforms such as Azure. Progent also offers access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to help you to build a high-uptime network model to make sure your employees have a productive computing experience regardless of whether they are working from your main office, a remote branch, from home, or on the road. For information about Progent's expertise for Amazon AWS, refer to Amazon AWS integration expertise.
Google Cloud is a popular suite of public cloud services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can help your organization to extend your existing IT assets with the Google Cloud, and Progent's DBA experts can help you make your mission-critical apps cloud friendly so your at-home workers can take full advantage of Google Cloud Platform services. Progent's consultants can assist your business to deploy virtual machines on GCP Compute Engine, design a cost-effective storage solution with Google Cloud Storage services, and simplify identity management for remote workers with Google Cloud Identity services. Progent can also help your organization to utilize GCP's unified management technology to control and monitor your Google Cloud environment. For information, go to Google Cloud Platform (GCP) integration support.
Help Desk Call Center Support for Remote Workers
An emergency, organization-wide switchover to a from-home business model, which could be the result of an epidemic or as an element of a business continuity plan, can overstretch even a high-performing in-house Support Desk. Progent's Help Desk services allow organizations to outsource or supplement their Help Desk Call Center with Progent's remote Technical Response Center (TRC) services.
- Progent's Standard Call Center support services utilize Progent's extensive network of remote technical support experts combined with world-class trouble ticketing and tracking technology to offer an affordable, state-of-the-art Help Desk Call Center. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer an end-to-end solution that handles all facets of remote Level 1 PC support from service requests to trouble ticket creation, desktop sharing, problem resolution, and incident reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal allows telecommuters to track or update the status of their active trouble tickets, enter information, and append screen captures and relevant files. Technical support services are delivered at a significant discount off Progent's ordinary Level 1 technical service rates, and Progent offers optional fast escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 IT experts to deal with advanced issues. To find out more, refer to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small businesses.
- Progent's Call Desk Augmentation Service enables your company to supplement your current Help Desk Call Center staff by splitting delivery of Help Desk support services transparently between your in-house IT support organization and Progent's extensive pool of desktop support technicians and subject matter experts. Progent's co-managed Call Center service uses a co-sourcing support model based on the number one PSA platform for managing help requests and trouble tickets, establishing responsibility, monitoring progress, and generating reports. For information about how Progent's Help Desk Call Center Supplementation Services can enable your company to provide world-class IT support to your teleworkers, see Progent's Help Desk Call Center supplementation Services.
Security for Telecommuters
Work-from-Home (WFH) workers commonly utilize their personal computing devices and often operate in a poorly secured physical space. This situation increases their susceptibility to malware attacks and calls for careful configuration of firewalls, anti-malware tools, multi-factor authentication, remote monitoring, thorough user training, and the development of policies built on best practices. Progent's veteran team of IT security solutions experts can help your business to plan, deploy and maintain an effective cybersecurity solution that protects vital IT resources in networks that include at-home workers.
Firewalls allow companies to create a network that can be safely accessed by on-premises users and by an at-home workforce, mobile users, suppliers, clients, and other stakeholders. Next-generation firewall devices allow you to assign and control appropriate access rights to different classes of users and to scale your IT network and adjust your cybersecurity posture as your business evolves and as cyber threats grow increasingly complex. Progent supports both new and older security devices from all major manufacturers like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. To find out more about Progent's firewall support expertise, go to firewall configuration and support services.
Online Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it possible to track the disparate computers used by remote workers and either reject or identify and mitigate modern threats such as ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a small-footprint agent is installed on each secured endpoint, watching all activity and using advanced AI technology from SentinelOne to identify new threats at inception. When a cyberattack is spotted, ProSight Active Security Monitoring instantly isolates the infected endpoint from the network to contain the threat. Because the ProSight ASM agent is self-contained, endpoints remain secure even when they are not connected to the Internet. Progent is a SentinelOne Partner, reseller, and integrator. To learn more about ProSight ASM, refer to remote endpoint security monitoring for telecommuters.
Progent's Duo MFA managed services incorporate Cisco's Duo technology to defend against stolen passwords by using two-factor authentication (2FA). Duo supports single-tap identity confirmation on iOS, Google Android, and other personal devices. Using Duo 2FA, when you sign into a protected application and give your password you are asked to confirm your identity on a device that only you possess and that uses a different ("out-of-band") network channel. A broad range of out-of-band devices can be utilized as this added form of authentication including a smartphone or wearable, a hardware token, a landline phone, etc. You can register multiple verification devices. To learn more about Duo two-factor identity authentication services, refer to Cisco Duo MFA two-factor authentication services for an at-home workforce.
Security Audits can assess the vulnerability of your network to all classes of external and internal security attacks for an environment that includes telecommuters. Progent can run online, automated cybersecurity inventory scanning for rapidly and affordably uncovering a broad range of security weaknesses that can be found via the Internet. Progent's security assessment experts, which can be managed by data security professionals with advanced certifications such as CISA, ISSAP, and GIAC, can help you to evaluate your operations and governance policies and review your IT architecture to allow you to implement top-level security for your at-home workers.
Download White Paper: Securing a Work-From-Home Network
To view or download a white paper about key things to concentrate on for protecting an IT environment that incorporates telecommuters, click:
Securing a Work-From-Home Network White Paper. (PDF - 2.4 MB)
Data Protection for At-Home Workers
Data Protection involves backing up and recovering critical data so as to avoid data loss and reduce recovery time in the event of storage system problems due to equipment breakdowns, programming glitches, operator mistakes, malware, or other causes. Dependable data protection strategies can be especially challenging to architect and manage in hybrid networks that incorporate local data centers, public clouds, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Recovery solutions for an at-home workforce must cover multiple kinds of personally owned endpoint devices. Progent can provide quick online help from consultants knowledgeable about a wide array of products for backing up Microsoft Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX servers and desktops as well as laptops, iOS and Android tablets and handhelds. Popular backup/restore products maintained by Progent's backup/recovery consultants include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To back up data spread throughout a wide area network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services, a backup/recovery subscription service that uses cloud-based storage and includes granular recovery and centralized management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) strategies often envision circumstances that require a temporary changeover to telecommuting. Progent's senior disaster recovery planning experts and business continuity consultants can assist you to develop, document and test a DR/BC strategy that includes the logistics of moving to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for Teleworkers
Microsoft has renamed and reshuffled its endpoint management platforms under the name Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud-based management of remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing local computers. Microsoft Endpoint Manager features a unified platform for safeguarding critical data by managing onsite, mobile, and home-based endpoint devices.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also includes Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and securing off-premises devices and applications. Managed endpoint computers can be personally owned or company owned. Network administrators managing the enrolled endpoint devices of telecommuters can use Intune to deploy and validate applications on managed devices, push updates and certificates, set up rules for permission to access information and resources, set passwords, establish VPN connections, control how teleworkers share information, set up threat defense, verify security compliance, and delete sensitive information from missing, stolen or deactivated devices. Microsoft Intune can be used with iOS/iPadOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X computers. To find out about Microsoft Intune and how Progent can help your company to use this platform to manage the devices of your at-home workers, see Intune remote device management experts.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich centralized MDM platform that helps network administrators to keep remote endpoint devices current and secure. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch technology for unified endpoint administration plus VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery platform for identity control, application management, and configuration management of endpoints. Workspace ONE runs with devices powered by Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or popular distros of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-premises product via a perpetual license. Key features of Workspace ONE include fast over-the-air provisioning of out-of-the-box notebooks, quick onboarding of new users, policy set up and enforcement for all categories of devices, aggregated management reporting and performance analytics, an email encryption gateway, and seamless integration with Microsoft applications and cloud products. To find out about Progent's expertise for VMware Workspace ONE, refer to VMware Workspace ONE remote endpoint management expertise.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Support Services
To get in touch with Progent about creating and managing a productive work-from-home solution for your Brisbane, Queensland organization, call 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.