Expanding your remote workforce may have a significant effect on IT infrastructure, security/compliance, and corporate workflows. Progent has 20 years of experience assisting SMBs to plan, configure, administer, optimize, and troubleshoot IT networks that support at-home workers. Progent can assist your Bristol organization to select the right tools and follow best practices in building and operating a secure virtual ecosystem for teleworkers that promotes teamwork and returns top value. Progent offers services that go from on demand guidance for getting you over challenging IT roadblocks to comprehensive project management to help you successfully complete mission-critical initiatives.
Progent can assist Bristol, United Kingdom organizations to with any facet of building a high-performing work-at-home ecosystem by delivering network infrastructure configuration services, VoIP PBX expertise, voice/video conferencing integration, collaboration platform selection and deployment, cloud connectivity, helpdesk outsourcing, security monitoring, backup/restore solutions, and unified management.
Network Infrastructure for Telecommuters
Configuring the physical and software infrastructure required for an at-home workforce can be particularly complicated if you have to manage a combination of personal equipment such as desktop computers and notebooks, Internet routers, and wireless APs from different vendors and with a mix of operating systems and firmware levels. Progent's experience delivering online support for both legacy and modern technologies in virtual office solutions allows you to make efficient use of your available network infrastructure and provides you with fast access to expertise for making essential updates. Services offered by Progent to help you to implement a productive telecommuting infrastructure include:
- VPN connectivity makes it possible to establish a safe connection for authenticated at-home workers to use IT assets located at your corporate data center or in a public cloud. Progent can help your company to configure and manage VPN connections between your teleworkers and your various network resources by providing online VPN configuration consulting. For organizations using Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco ASA consultants can assist your remote workers to set up Cisco's AnyConnect software for secure VPN tunneling for a wide range of endpoint devices such as Microsoft Windows, Mac, iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure platforms allow a teleworker to see and use a data center computer's desktop. This technology provides IT managers more control over the digital environment of at-home employees and offers them a familiar work experience. Progent's virtual desktop consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI expertise.
- Routers connect at-home computer networks to the Internet and typically support VPN connections, home wireless connectivity, and firewalls. Progent can provide expert remote support for setting up routers from a range of manufacturers. See router configuration services from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, often supporting an entire household and guests, are commonly used by at-home employees to connect to their Internet router for work. This can create performance as well as security issues. Progent can help businesses to mitigate these issues by delivering expertise like Aironet integration expertise, Cisco-certified Meraki wireless deployment consulting, and Ubiquiti Unifi wireless access point setup assistance.
- Internet access solutions affect the performance and reliability of connections between telecommuters and the company data center. Vital processes may demand redundant Internet connections in case the normal connection breaks. Progent can provide guidance for selecting service providers, selecting sensible service bundles, and integrating high-availability Internet connections. See Internet connectivity integration services.
VoIP Integration for Remote Workers
Extending the corporate PBX system to include remote users is vital to supporting a productive work-at-home solution. A broad range of cloud-centric VoIP products are used by SMBs to server telecommuters. Many enterprises depend on Cisco's modern or legacy platforms for IP voice solutions. Progent can help businesses of all sizes to design or tune a telecommuter IP voice environment that provides the versatility, transparency and security needed for remote users. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice experts offer advanced support to assist businesses optimize their existing Cisco IP voice environments to support an expanding at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) delivers advanced telephony capabilities to devices like IP phones, media processing platforms, VoIP gateways, and multimedia software deployed throughout the network. CUCM manages other combined media services such as unified messaging, video conferencing, and team collaboration networks. For more information about Progent's Unified Communications Manager support, visit Cisco Unified CM consulting services.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing software and has been replaced by Cisco Unified CM. Progent can assist your company to support your current CallManager environment or upgrade efficiently to Cisco's modern IP telephony products. For details about Progent's expertise for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other early IP voice products, refer to CallManager consulting services.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide connectivity with PSTN networks and with clients operating beyond the corporate perimeter
like telecommuters. Progent can provide expert support for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways such as the UC520, UC540 and UC560 products and for modern Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway integration expertise.
- Other VoIP Platforms supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can assist you to expand your wide area network architecture to support these solutions and deliver online integration and troubleshooting services.
Video Conferencing for an At-Home Workforce
A broad range of video conferencing products from major vendors enable virtual meetings, video and voice conferencing, chat sessions, and content sharing for both onsite workers and teleworkers. Many companies use multiple conferencing products to meet the needs of their various partners and customers. Progent's communications experts can assist you to maintain your existing conferencing ecosystem and enhance the productivity of your at-home employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular unified communications platform that supports real-time presence, instant messaging, audio and video calling and conferencing plus the transparent integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent can provide the skills of Microsoft-certified consultants who can help your company to configure and manage Skype for Business client software to support your at-home employees. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business integration experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video phone app for iOS, iPadOS, iPod and macOS computers and smartphones. FaceTime runs on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Current versions of FaceTime allow up to 32 simultaneous users for voice/video sessions. For details about Progent's consulting services for FaceTime, visit Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides online conferencing for virtually all desktop or mobile devices. Delivered via Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex services include sharing granular content or screens, presentations that incorporate rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint, network-based recording, plus editing and playback for future reference. For details about Progent's consulting services for Webex as well as for other IP video products from Cisco, refer to Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams provides a portal for conferencing, contacts, and content with capabilities such as voice/video calling, persistent threaded chat, plus data sharing. To learn more about Progent's support services for Teams and for other Office 365 apps, refer to Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Voice/Video Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver configuration and debugging expertise for these conferencing platforms and
assist your business to optimize your network architecture to run them.
Microsoft Collaboration Platforms for Teleworkers
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are tightly integrated with Microsoft's popular Office and Microsoft 365 suites, offering a rich environment of applications that deliver a cohesive user interface for sharing information across multiple sites and on a wide range of endpoints. Progent has provided remote consulting services for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange since their original releases and can help your company to deploy these flagship collaboration platforms to optimize the productivity of your at-home workforce.
SharePoint uses web entities to facilitate collaboration and knowledge sharing by providing policy-based delivery of content, workflow, and utilities for looking through enterprise-wide business data. SharePoint enables you to create secure portals that enables remote workers to view and edit aggregated business intelligence by means of Wikis, Blogs, social web sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). To find out about Progent's SharePoint consulting services, go to SharePoint integration and development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For details about Progent's Exchange consulting expertise, refer to deployment consulting services for Microsoft Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoftís collaborative cloud storage service, similar to GoogleDrive. At-home workers can store files to OneDrive, and co-workers anywhere can share them safely via a browser. Provided with Microsoft 365, OneDrive enables home workers to co-edit documents. Revisions created offline are uploaded when you reconnect to the Internet. For information about Progent's support services for Microsoft OneDrive, go to Onedrive configuration consulting.
Cloud Integration for At-Home Workers
Progent offers fast and affordable online assistance for enabling businesses to create, manage and repair integrated hybrid network architectures that incorporate internal data centers, telecommuters, branch offices, and cloud resources. Progent offers top-tier consultant for all types of public cloud service delivery such as Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service. Progent can help at-home workers fix issues with cloud connectivity, authentication, and cybersecurity.
Azure is a popular family of cloud services that enables you to utilize IT infrastructure, virtual servers, and critical apps hosted on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Microsoft Azure includes more than one hundred services services including hosting for Windows and Linux-powered VMs, on-demand cloud storage, email and messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and backup/restore. Progent can help you to set up VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, configure cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity management with Azure Active Directory, and plan backup and recovery systems with Azure Backup. Progent can also help you create protected connections to Azure services for telecommuters by setting up and troubleshooting firewall appliances and VPN IPsec tunnels. For information about Progent's consulting expertise for Azure, refer to Microsoft Azure consulting services.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing suite of client productivity applications and cloud-based services offered by subscription. Office apps and cloud services are provided in a variety of plans designed for users ranging from students and small offices to large enterprises. Progent offers quick and easy online access to experts knowledgeable about Office 365-compatible clients based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent's experts can help your business to evaluate the numerous subscription bundles offered with Office 365 and configure 365 applications for your telecommuters to achieve top business value. For information about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Office 365, go to Office 365 integration expertise.
Office 365 Exchange Online is among the most popular cloud-based applications in Azure-hosted Office 365 product line. Office 365 Exchange Online offers the advantages of lower costs for physical infrastructure, simplified management, on-demand scaling, high availability, and additional advantages associated with cloud computing. Microsoft has engineered Office 365 Exchange Online to operate transparently with local deployments of Exchange, enabling customers to create hybrid cloud/onsite networks. Progent's certified Exchange consultants are available for as-needed help to get you through tough IT roadblocks and can also provide end-to-end project management services to ensure your remote workers have convenient and safe access to your Microsoft 365 Exchange Online environment. For details Progent's consulting services for Microsoft 365 Exchange Online, refer to Office 365 Exchange Online configuration and troubleshooting consulting.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a trailblazer in the public cloud market and is the world's top provider of cloud services. Progent offers quick and affordable online contact with cloud connectivity experts who can help your business to design, deploy, maintain, and debug hybrid information networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with on-premises resources and with other public clouds such as Microsoft Azure. Progent also offers the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to help your company to create a high-availability network model to make sure your users have a productive computing environment regardless of whether they are working from your headquarters, a branch office, at home, or on the move. To find out about Progent's expertise for Amazon AWS, refer to Amazon AWS integration expertise.
Google Cloud is a popular set of cloud computing services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can assist your business to extend your current IT resources with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's database experts can show you how to make your mission-critical apps cloud ready so your teleworkers can benefit fully from Google Cloud services. Progent's consultants can help you to set up VMs on GCP Compute Engine, design an efficient storage solution with GCP Storage, and simplify access control for telecommuters with GCP Cloud Identity services. Progent's experts can also help you to utilize GCP's unified management tools to administer and track your Google Cloud environment. To learn, go to Google Cloud Platform consulting expertise.
Help Desk Support for At-Home Workers
A sudden, company-wide switchover to a teleworker workforce, which could be motivated by a pandemic or as an element of a disaster recovery/business continuity process, can overwhelm even a high-performing in-house Support Desk. Progent's Help Desk services make it possible for businesses of any size to outsource or augment their Support Desk with Progent's online Technical Response Center (TRC) team.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk support services leverage Progent's extensive team of remote technical support specialists combined with enterprise-class trouble ticketing and tracking technology to provide an economical, advanced Help Desk Call Center. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer an end-to-end solution that handles all facets of remote Level 1 desktop support from initial service requests to trouble ticket creation, desktop sharing, issue resolution, and reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal allows telecommuters to check or revise their current trouble tickets, enter information, and append screen captures or relevant files. Technical support services are provided at a significant discount off Progent's normal Level 1 desktop service charges, and Progent offers optional rapid hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 IT experts to resolve complex problems. For details, see Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small companies.
- Progent's Call Center Augmentation Service allows you to augment your current Call Desk team by splitting delivery of Call Center support seamlessly between your in-house support personnel and Progent's extensive pool of PC support engineers and subject matter experts. Progent's shared Help Desk service is based on a collaborative support model utilizing the leading PSA platform for handling help requests and ticketing, assigning responsibility, monitoring progress, and generating management reports. For information about how Progent's Support Desk Supplementation Services can enable your business to provide best-in-class desktop support to your telecommuters, refer to Progent's Call Center augmentation Services.
Security and Compliance for Teleworkers
Teleworkers often run their own equipment and work in an unsecured area. This worsens their vulnerability to cyber threats and demands judicious deployment of security appliances, remote security monitoring, and the enforcement of policies that adhere to best practices. Progent's veteran team of certified cybersecurity experts can assist your company to design, implement and administer a modern security solution that guards critical data in IT networks that incorporate teleworkers.
- Firewalls allow companies to create a network environment that can be safely utilized by on-premises users and by teleworkers, mobile employees, suppliers, customers, and other stakeholders. Next-generation firewall appliances allow you to assign and control appropriate permissions to different groups of users and to expand your IT network and adjust your security as your company evolves and as cyber threats grow more complex. Progent supports both current and legacy security devices from all major manufacturers including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, and Fortinet. For details about Progent's firewall integration expertise, see firewall support services.
- Online Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it easy to watch over the disparate devices utilized by telecommuters and either reject or identify and respond to modern cyber attacks such as ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a small-footprint software agent is put on each secured endpoint device, monitoring all activity and utilizing advanced behavioral threat analysis to detect zero-day threats on arrival. When an attack is spotted, ProSight ASM immediately isolates the infected endpoint device from the corporate network to contain the threat. Because the ProSight Active Security Monitoring agent is self-contained, endpoint devices stay secure even when they are disconnected from the Internet. For more information about ProSight ASM, visit remote endpoint security monitoring for remote workers.
- Security Audits can assess the exposure of your network to all classes of external and local security threats for an environment that incorporates an at-home workforce. Progent can deploy online, automated cybersecurity analysis scanning for quickly and affordably detecting a broad range of security gaps that can be surfaced via the Internet. Progent's endpoint security audit experts, which can be managed by security professionals with top credentials such as CISA, ISSAP, and GIAC, can assist your company to evaluate your processes and policies and review your IT architecture to enable you to implement top-level security for your at-home workers.
Data Protection Solutions for Telecommuters
Data Protection involves backing up and recovering critical information in order to prevent data loss and reduce restoration time in case of storage problems due to hardware issues, software hiccups, user mistakes, cyber attack, or any other reason. Reliable data protection solutions can be especially difficult to architect and manage in hybrid networks that incorporate private data centers, public clouds, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Recovery solutions for an at-home workforce must address multiple types of user-owned endpoints. Progent offers quick remote access to consultants familiar with a wide array of products for backing up Microsoft Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX servers and desktops as well as notebooks, iPads and handhelds. Leading backup/recovery solutions supported by Progent's backup/recovery experts include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Mozy, and Time Machine. To protect resources spread across a hybrid network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a managed backup/recovery subscription service that uses cloud-based storage and includes granular recovery and centralized management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) strategies typically envision circumstances that call for a quick changeover to telecommuting. Progent's senior disaster recovery planning consultants and business continuity planning consultants can help your business to produce, document and test a DR/BC plan that includes the process of switching to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for an At-Home Workforce
Microsoft has rebranded and reshuffled its endpoint management platforms under the title Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud management of mobile and remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing local endpoints. Endpoint Manager provides a centralized solution for protecting critical data by controlling local, mobile, and at-home endpoint devices.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also features Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and protecting mobile computers and software. Remote endpoint computers can be user owned or company owned. Network administrators managing the endpoint computers of telecommuters can utilize Intune to provision and validate applications on devices, push updates and certificates, set up policies for accessing data and resources, set passwords, establish VPN connections, determine how telecommuters share information, set up threat defense, ensure compliance, and erase sensitive data from lost, stolen or deactivated endpoint devices. Intune works with iOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS computers. For information about Intune and to find out how Progent can help you to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to administer the devices of your telecommuters, see Intune telecommuter endpoint management experts.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced unified Mobile Device Management product that allows network managers to keep offsite endpoints up to date and protected. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch for unified endpoint management along with VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery platform for authorization control, app management, and configuration management of endpoint computers. Workspace ONE operates with endpoints based on Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-site deployment through a one-time purchase. Key features of Workspace ONE include fast remote deployment of new notebooks, immediate onboarding of new users, policy set up and enforcement for all classes of devices, unifies management reporting and analytics, email encryption, and tight integration with Microsoft apps and cloud services. To find out about Progent's support for VMware Workspace ONE, see VMware Workspace ONE mobile endpoint management expertise.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Support Services
To contact Progent about building and managing a productive work-from-home environment for your Bristol, United Kingdom organization, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.