Expanding your telecommuter workforce can have a major effect on IT architecture, cybersecurity, and corporate workflows. Progent has two decades of background helping businesses of all sizes to design, configure, manage, optimize, and troubleshoot IT networks that support work-from-home employees. Progent can help your Bristol organization to pick the appropriate technologies and adhere to best practices in creating and operating a safe virtual office solution for teleworkers that facilitates teamwork and returns maximum value. Progent offers support services ranging from as-needed expertise for getting you past occasional technical roadblocks to comprehensive project management to help you successfully complete mission-critical tasks.
Progent's consultants can help Bristol, United Kingdom organizations to with any facet of building a high-functioning work-from-home ecosystem by delivering infrastructure design and configuration services, VoIP PBX expertise, voice/video conferencing support, collaboration platform selection and deployment, cloud connectivity, Help Desk outsourcing, security and compliance, backup/restore solutions, and centralized management.
Infrastructure for a Remote Workforce
Configuring the network infrastructure needed for a remote workforce can be particularly challenging if you have to manage a mix of personal equipment such as desktop computers and notebooks, Internet routers, and Wi-Fi APs from different vendors and with a mix of OS software and firmware levels. Progent's background providing remote support for both outdated as well as current IT products in virtual office solutions enables you to make cost-effective use of your existing network infrastructure and offers ready access to top-tire consultants for implement essential updates. Support services offered by Progent to assist you to create a productive telecommuting infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network connectivity allows you to create a secure connection for authenticated at-home employees to use IT assets situated at your company datacenter or in a public cloud. Progent's consultants can help your company to deploy and manage VPN connections between your teleworkers and your various IT resources by providing remote VPN integration consulting. For organizations with Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA Firewall consultants can help your telecommuters to set up Cisco's popular AnyConnect software to provide secure VPN connections for a broad selection of endpoint devices such as Microsoft Windows, Mac, Apple iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure platforms enable a teleworker to view and interact with a remote computer's desktop. This technology provides IT managers significant control over the digital ecosystem of at-home employees and ensures remote users a familiar work experience. Progent's virtual desktop services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI consulting.
- Routers connect at-home networks to the Internet and support VPN tunnels, home Wi-Fi networks, and firewall services. Progent offers expert online support for deploying home routers from a range of vendors. See router configuration services from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, often supporting an entire household and visitors, are frequently used by telecommuters to connect to their router for work. This can cause performance and security issues. Progent can assist businesses to resolve these issues by providing services that include Aironet configuration consulting, Cisco-certified Meraki wireless installation expertise, and Ubiquiti Unifi wireless AP integration help.
- Internet access solutions impact the speed and availability of connections between at-home workers and the corporate network. Line-of-business applications may require backup Internet connections in case the normal connection breaks. Progent can provide expertise for identifying ISPs, picking sensible bandwidth and data volume packages, and integrating fault-tolerant Internet access. See Internet access integration services.
VoIP Solutions for Teleworkers
Extending the company PBX system to include telecommuters is vital to maintaining a productive at-home workforce. A variety of cloud-based IP voice platforms are used by small and mid-size businesses to server telecommuters. Many larger organizations rely on Cisco's current or older platforms for IP voice management. Progent can help businesses of any size to plan or tune a remote VoIP service that provides the versatility, convenience and protection needed for telecommuters. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice experts offer advanced support to help organizations optimize their existing Cisco VoIP systems to support an expanding remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) delivers high-end IP telephony capabilities to devices like VoIP phones, media processing platforms, Voice over IP gateways, and mixed media apps deployed throughout the network. CUCM manages other combined media services like unified messaging, voice/video conferencing, and team collaboration networks. For details about Progent's CUCM expertise, visit Cisco Unified CM consulting services.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing agent and has been superseded by Cisco Unified CM. Progent's consultants can help you to support your existing CallManager deployment or upgrade smoothly to Cisco's current IP telephony solutions. To find out about Progent's expertise for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other older IP voice platforms, visit CallManager consulting.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide connectivity with public telephony networks and with clients operating beyond the corporate perimeter
such as telecommuters. Progent can provide consulting expertise for Cisco's legacy IP gateways such as the UC520, UC540 and UC560 product lines as well as for modern Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway configuration consulting.
- Additional VoIP Products supported by Progent include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can assist you to expand your WAN architecture to work with these solutions and provide as-needed configuration and troubleshooting expertise.
Video Conferencing for Telecommuters
A broad range of video conferencing products from leading technology companies support virtual meetings, video conferencing, chat, and content sharing for both local workers and teleworkers. Many companies use a mix of products to meet the needs of their different partners and clients. Progent can assist you to manage your current voice/video conferencing environment and enhance the engagement of your remote workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular unified communications product that supports presence, IM, voice and video conferencing as well as the transparent integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent can provide the skills of Microsoft-certified specialists who can help your company to set up and maintain Skype for Business client software to accommodate your at-home employees. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Skype for Business, refer to Skype for Business consulting services.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video calling platform for compatible iOS and Mac devices. FaceTime runs on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Later editions of FaceTime support up to 32 concurrent users for voice/video calls. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for FaceTime, visit Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides online conferencing for most computing devices. Delivered through Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex capabilities include sharing granular content or computer screens, presentations that incorporate rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, session capture, plus revision and playback for future reference. For details about Progent's consulting services for Cisco Webex as well as for additional video conferencing solutions from Cisco, see Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a hub for conversations, contacts, and information with features that include video calling, threaded chat, plus data sharing. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Teams as well as for other Office 365 products, visit Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Conferencing Apps supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide configuration and debugging expertise for these products and
assist you to optimize your network architecture to host them.
Microsoft Collaboration Software for Telecommuters
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are closely integrated with Microsoft's popular Office and Microsoft 365 families, providing a rich ecosystem of productivity apps that deliver a consistent user interface for exchanging data and ideas across a corporate network and on a wide range of endpoint devices. Progent has provided remote consulting services for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange Server since their first publication and can help your company to tune these flagship collaboration platforms to optimize the effectiveness of your at-home workers.
SharePoint uses web sites to promote collaboration and information sharing by offering policy-based delivery of data, business processes, and utilities for searching through company-wide information silos. SharePoint permits you to create protected web portals that allows remote workforce to view and update consolidated business intelligence via Wikis, Blogs, social networking web sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). To learn about Progent's SharePoint consulting services, see SharePoint configuration and application development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For information about Progent's Exchange support services, go to planning and configuration consulting for Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoftís collaborative cloud file hosting and synchronization service, similar to GoogleDrive. Remote users can store files to the OneDrive service, and co-workers can access them safely via a web browser. Provided with Office 365, OneDrive allows at-home workers to co-edit documents. Edits created offline are uploaded when you reconnect to the Internet. For information about Progent's consulting services for OneDrive, go to Microsoft Onedrive integration experts.
Cloud Integration for At-Home Workers
Progent can provide affordable online support for enabling organizations to create, manage and repair cohesive network architectures that incorporate internal data centers, at-home workers, branch offices, and public cloud resources. Progent offers expertise for all modes of cloud service such as Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service. Progent can help teleworkers resolve issues with public cloud access, authentication, and security.
Azure is a leading family of cloud software and services that allows you to use infrastructure, virtual servers, and key apps running on Microsoft's massive cloud. Microsoft Azure includes over 100 cloud-based services including the ability to host Windows and Linux-powered virtual machines, scalable cloud storage, email and messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and backup/restore. Progent can help your organization to deploy virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, configure storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity management with Azure Active Directory, and plan backup and restore solutions with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also show you how to create secure connections to Azure for telecommuters by setting up and troubleshooting firewall appliances and VPN IPsec tunnels. For information about Progent's expertise for Azure, visit Azure expertise.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing suite of business productivity software and cloud services offered by subscription. Office apps and cloud services are provided in a selection of plans designed for users ranging from individuals and small offices to major corporations. Progent can provide quick and affordable online contact with experts familiar with Office 365-compatible clients running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent's experts can help you to evaluate the numerous subscription bundles available for Office 365 and deploy 365 apps for your at-home workers in a way that delivers top business value. To find out about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Office 365, see Microsoft 365 consulting support.
Office 365 Exchange Online is one of the most popular applications in Azure-hosted Office 365 product product suite. Microsoft 365 Exchange Online offers the advantages of lower costs for physical infrastructure, simplified management, dynamic scaling, high reliability, and other benefits associated with public clouds. Microsoft has engineered Exchange Online to run smoothly with local Exchange environments, allowing you to build hybrid networks. Progent's Exchange consultants can provide as-needed assistance to get you past challenging technical roadblocks and can also provide end-to-end project management services to make sure your at-home workers have easy and secure access to your Office 365 Exchange Online deployment. To learn Progent's consulting expertise for Exchange Online, go to Office 365 Exchange Online integration and support expertise.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a trailblazer in the public cloud arena and is the industry's biggest source of cloud-based services. Progent offers fast and economical online access to cloud connectivity consultants who can assist your business to design, implement, manage, and troubleshoot hybrid IT networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud services with local data centers and with other popular cloud platforms such as Microsoft Azure. Progent also can provide the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to assist you to create a high-uptime network model to make sure your employees have a consistent computing experience whether they are working from your headquarters, a remote branch, at home, or on the move. For information about Progent's expertise for Amazon AWS, go to Amazon AWS consulting support.
Google Cloud (GCP) is a popular suite of cloud computing services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can assist your organization to scale your current IT assets with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's DBA experts can show you how to make your critical apps cloud friendly so your telecommuters can benefit fully from Google Cloud Platform services. Progent can help you to deploy virtual machines on GCP Compute Engine, design an efficient storage solution with GCP Storage services, and streamline identity control for at-home workers with GCP Cloud Identity services. Progent's experts can also help you to utilize GCP's unified management tools to administer and monitor your Google Cloud ecosystem. To learn, see Google Cloud Platform consulting support.
Help Desk Call Center Support for Telecommuters
A rapid, enterprise-wide switchover to a teleworker workforce, which could be motivated by a pandemic or as part of a disaster recovery/business continuity process, can overwhelm even the most efficient internal Call Center. Progent's Help Desk services make it possible for businesses of any size to outsource or augment their Call Center by using Progent's remote Technical Response Center (TRC) services.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk support services utilize Progent's extensive network of online IT support specialists along with enterprise-class ticketing and follow-up technology to offer an affordable, state-of-the-art Help Desk Call Center. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide an end-to-end solution that addresses all facets of remote Level 1 PC technical support from initial help requests to trouble ticket generation, desktop sharing, issue resolution, and incident reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal allows telecommuters to check or update their current tickets, enter information, and upload screenshots or attachments. Technical support services are delivered at a significant discount off Progent's ordinary Level 1 technical support charges, and Progent makes available the option of fast escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 IT experts to deal with advanced problems. To learn more, go to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small and mid-size businesses.
- Progent's Call Desk Augmentation Service allows you to expand your current Call Center staff by splitting responsibilities for Help Desk services seamlessly between your in-house support organization and Progent's nationwide roster of desktop support technicians and subject matter specialists. Progent's co-managed Help Desk service uses a co-sourcing support model based on the leading professional services automation platform for managing help requests and ticketing, establishing ownership, monitoring progress, and producing management reports. To find out how Progent's Call Center Augmentation Services can enable your business to provide world-class technical support to your teleworkers, visit Progent's Help Desk supplementation Services.
Cybersecurity for At-Home Workers
At-home workers commonly use their personal equipment and work in a physically unsecured area. This worsens their vulnerability to cyber threats and calls for judicious deployment of firewalls, remote monitoring, and the enforcement of policies that adhere to leading practices. Progent's seasoned roster of certified data security experts can help your business to design, deploy and manage a modern cybersecurity environment that protects critical data in networks that include an at-home workforce.
- Firewalls enable companies to build a network environment that can be securely accessed by local users as well as by telecommuters, mobile workers, suppliers, customers, and other stakeholders. Next-generation firewall appliances permit you to assign and manage different access rights to various classes of users and to expand your IT network and modify your security as your company evolves and as network attacks become increasingly complex. Progent supports both current and legacy security devices from all major vendors including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. For more information about Progent's firewall integration expertise, see firewall configuration and support services.
- Online Endpoint Monitoring makes it possible to watch over the various computers used by remote workers and either block or identify and mitigate the latest threats like ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a small-footprint agent is put on each secured endpoint, monitoring all activity and utilizing advanced machine learning to detect new attacks on arrival. When an attack is spotted, ProSight ASM immediately isolates the targeted device from the corporate network to contain the threat. Since the ProSight Active Security Monitoring agent is autonomous, endpoints stay secure even when they are not connected to the Internet. To learn more about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, refer to remote endpoint monitoring for an at-home workforce.
- Security Audits can assess the exposure of your network to all types of external and internal security threats for an environment that incorporates remote workers. Progent can run remote, automated cybersecurity inventory software for quickly and affordably detecting a broad range of security weaknesses that can be surfaced via the Internet. Progent's endpoint security assessment consulting services, which can be provided by security experts with advanced credentials such as CISA, CISSP, and GIAC, can help your business to evaluate your processes and policies and review your WAN infrastructure to allow you to design top-level security for your teleworkers.
Data Protection Solutions for At-Home Workers
Data Protection involves backing up and recovering vital data in order to prevent data loss and reduce restoration time and effort in case of storage failures resulting from equipment breakdowns, software hiccups, operator mistakes, malware, or any other reason. Reliable data protection solutions can be particularly challenging to design and manage in hybrid networks that combine local data centers, cloud resources, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Recovery solutions for remote workers must cover multiple types of user-owned endpoint devices. Progent offers fast remote help from experts knowledgeable about a broad range of products for protection Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX servers and desktops as well as laptops, iPads and smartphones. Popular backup/recovery solutions maintained by Progent's backup/recovery experts include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, CrashPlan, Mozy, and Time Machine. To protect data distributed throughout a hybrid network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services, a managed backup/recovery subscription service that utilizes cloud storage and features granular restore and centralized management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity strategies often anticipate scenarios that call for a quick switch to telecommuting. Progent's senior disaster recovery planning consultants and business continuity planning specialists can help you to create, document and validate a DR/BC plan that addresses the process of switching to telecommuting.
Unified Management for At-Home Workers
Microsoft has rebranded and reshuffled its endpoint management products under the title Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud-based management of remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing on-premises endpoints. Endpoint Manager provides a unified environment for safeguarding corporate data by managing on-premises, mobile, and home-based endpoints.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also features Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and securing off-premises devices and applications. Remote endpoint devices can be user owned or company owned. IT admins managing the enrolled endpoint devices of teleworkers can utilize Intune to deploy and validate apps on devices, push patches and certificates, set up policies for permission to access data and resources, set passwords, create VPN connections, control how telecommuters share information, set up threat defense, verify security compliance, and erase corporate information from missing, stolen or decommissioned devices. Microsoft Intune can be used with iOS, Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X computers. For information about Microsoft Intune and to find out how Progent can help you to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to administer the endpoint computers of your telecommuters, see Intune teleworker endpoint management consultants.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced unified Mobile Device Management platform that helps network administrators to keep remote endpoint devices up to date and protected. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch for unified endpoint management combined with VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery technology for authorization control, application management, and setup management of endpoint computers. Workspace ONE runs with devices powered by Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-premises deployment through a perpetual license. Top capabilities of VMware Workspace ONE include rapid remote provisioning of new notebooks, quick onboarding of new employees, policy set up and enforcement for all categories of devices, unifies reporting and performance analytics, email encryption, and integration with Microsoft applications and cloud services. For details about Progent's expertise for VMware Workspace ONE, see VMware Workspace ONE remote device management consultants.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Support Services
To get in touch with Progent about creating and managing an efficient telecommuter solution for your Bristol, United Kingdom company, call 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.