Progent's Ransomware Forensics Investigation and Reporting in Bristol
Progent's ransomware forensics consultants can capture the evidence of a ransomware assault and carry out a comprehensive forensics analysis without impeding the processes related to operational resumption and data recovery. Your Bristol organization can use Progent's post-attack forensics report to combat future ransomware assaults, validate the cleanup of lost data, and comply with insurance and regulatory requirements.
Ransomware forensics is aimed at tracking and describing the ransomware assault's storyline throughout the targeted network from start to finish. This audit trail of how a ransomware attack travelled within the network assists you to assess the damage and brings to light gaps in rules or work habits that need to be corrected to avoid future breaches. Forensics is commonly assigned a high priority by the insurance provider and is typically required by state and industry regulations. Because forensics can take time, it is essential that other important recovery processes like operational resumption are executed in parallel. Progent has a large team of information technology and security professionals with the knowledge and experience required to carry out the work of containment, operational resumption, and data restoration without disrupting forensics.
Ransomware forensics investigation is arduous and calls for intimate interaction with the groups focused on data cleanup and, if necessary, settlement negotiation with the ransomware Threat Actor (TA). Ransomware forensics can require the examination of all logs, registry, GPO, Active Directory, DNS, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and core Windows systems to look for changes.
Services involved with forensics include:
- Isolate but avoid shutting down all possibly affected devices from the network. This may require closing all Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) ports and Internet connected NAS storage, changing admin credentials and user PWs, and configuring 2FA to protect your backups.
- Preserve forensically complete digital images of all exposed devices so your data restoration team can proceed
- Save firewall, virtual private network, and additional critical logs as soon as feasible
- Determine the kind of ransomware involved in the attack
- Inspect every machine and data store on the network including cloud storage for signs of compromise
- Catalog all compromised devices
- Establish the type of ransomware involved in the assault
- Review log activity and sessions to establish the time frame of the assault and to spot any possible sideways movement from the originally compromised system
- Identify the security gaps used to carry out the ransomware attack
- Look for the creation of executables associated with the original encrypted files or network compromise
- Parse Outlook web archives
- Analyze email attachments
- Extract any URLs from messages and determine if they are malicious
- Produce detailed attack reporting to meet your insurance carrier and compliance requirements
- Suggest recommendations to close security gaps and improve workflows that reduce the exposure to a future ransomware exploit
Progent has provided remote and on-premises network services across the U.S. for more than 20 years and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's roster of subject matter experts (SMEs) includes consultants who have been awarded advanced certifications in core technology platforms including Cisco infrastructure, VMware virtualization, and major distributions of Linux. Progent's data security experts have earned internationally recognized certifications such as CISM, CISSP, and GIAC. (Refer to Progent's certifications). Progent also offers top-tier support in financial management and ERP software. This broad array of expertise allows Progent to identify and integrate the undamaged pieces of your IT environment after a ransomware attack and rebuild them rapidly into a viable network. Progent has collaborated with leading cyber insurance carriers including Chubb to help organizations recover from ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Expertise in Bristol
To learn more about ways Progent can assist your Bristol business with ransomware forensics, call 1-800-462-8800 or see Contact Progent.