Progent's Ransomware Forensics Analysis and Reporting in Bristol
Progent's ransomware forensics experts can preserve the system state after a ransomware attack and carry out a detailed forensics analysis without impeding activity required for business resumption and data recovery. Your Bristol organization can utilize Progent's post-attack ransomware forensics documentation to counter subsequent ransomware assaults, assist in the recovery of lost data, and comply with insurance and governmental reporting requirements.
Ransomware forensics investigation is aimed at tracking and documenting the ransomware attack's storyline across the network from start to finish. This history of the way a ransomware attack progressed within the network helps you to evaluate the impact and uncovers gaps in rules or work habits that need to be corrected to prevent later break-ins. Forensics is usually given a high priority by the insurance provider and is typically required by state and industry regulations. Since forensic analysis can take time, it is critical that other important recovery processes like operational resumption are pursued in parallel. Progent maintains a large roster of information technology and data security professionals with the knowledge and experience required to perform the work of containment, business continuity, and data restoration without interfering with forensics.
Ransomware forensics analysis is arduous and requires close interaction with the groups responsible for file cleanup and, if needed, settlement talks with the ransomware Threat Actor. Ransomware forensics can require the examination of logs, registry, Group Policy Object (GPO), AD, DNS servers, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and core Windows systems to look for variations.
Services associated with forensics analysis include:
- Isolate without shutting down all potentially impacted devices from the system. This can involve closing all RDP ports and Internet connected network-attached storage, modifying admin credentials and user PWs, and setting up 2FA to secure backups.
- Preserve forensically valid digital images of all suspect devices so the file recovery team can proceed
- Preserve firewall, VPN, and additional critical logs as quickly as feasible
- Determine the version of ransomware involved in the assault
- Survey each computer and storage device on the system as well as cloud storage for indications of encryption
- Catalog all encrypted devices
- Establish the kind of ransomware involved in the attack
- Study log activity and sessions in order to establish the timeline of the ransomware assault and to identify any possible sideways movement from the originally infected system
- Understand the security gaps used to carry out the ransomware assault
- Look for the creation of executables surrounding the original encrypted files or network compromise
- Parse Outlook PST files
- Analyze attachments
- Separate any URLs embedded in email messages and check to see if they are malware
- Provide detailed incident documentation to satisfy your insurance carrier and compliance requirements
- Suggest recommended improvements to close cybersecurity gaps and enforce workflows that lower the risk of a future ransomware exploit
Progent has delivered online and onsite network services throughout the U.S. for over 20 years and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's team of subject matter experts (SMEs) includes professionals who have earned high-level certifications in core technologies including Cisco networking, VMware virtualization, and major distributions of Linux. Progent's cybersecurity consultants have earned internationally recognized certifications including CISA, CISSP-ISSAP, and CRISC. (Refer to Progent's certifications). Progent also offers guidance in financial and ERP application software. This broad array of skills allows Progent to identify and consolidate the surviving parts of your IT environment following a ransomware attack and rebuild them quickly into a functioning system. Progent has worked with leading cyber insurance carriers including Chubb to assist businesses recover from ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Analysis Expertise in Bristol
To learn more about ways Progent can help your Bristol organization with ransomware forensics investigation, call 1-800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.