Overview of Progent's Ransomware Forensics and Reporting Services in Bristol
Progent's ransomware forensics experts can preserve the system state after a ransomware assault and perform a comprehensive forensics investigation without slowing down activity required for business continuity and data restoration. Your Bristol organization can utilize Progent's ransomware forensics report to block future ransomware attacks, validate the recovery of lost data, and comply with insurance carrier and governmental mandates.
Ransomware forensics analysis is aimed at tracking and documenting the ransomware attack's storyline throughout the targeted network from start to finish. This audit trail of how a ransomware assault progressed within the network helps your IT staff to evaluate the impact and uncovers shortcomings in rules or work habits that should be corrected to avoid later breaches. Forensic analysis is usually given a high priority by the cyber insurance carrier and is typically required by state and industry regulations. Because forensics can take time, it is critical that other key activities like business continuity are pursued in parallel. Progent maintains an extensive roster of information technology and data security experts with the skills needed to carry out the work of containment, operational continuity, and data recovery without disrupting forensics.
Ransomware forensics analysis is arduous and requires close cooperation with the groups responsible for data restoration and, if needed, settlement talks with the ransomware Threat Actor (TA). forensics can require the examination of logs, registry, GPO, Active Directory (AD), DNS servers, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and basic Windows systems to detect variations.
Services involved with forensics investigation include:
- Detach without shutting down all potentially affected devices from the system. This may involve closing all RDP ports and Internet facing NAS storage, modifying admin credentials and user PWs, and implementing 2FA to secure backups.
- Create forensically sound digital images of all exposed devices so the data restoration team can proceed
- Preserve firewall, VPN, and other key logs as soon as feasible
- Determine the strain of ransomware used in the assault
- Inspect every computer and storage device on the system including cloud storage for indications of compromise
- Catalog all encrypted devices
- Establish the kind of ransomware used in the assault
- Review log activity and user sessions to determine the timeline of the assault and to identify any potential lateral movement from the originally compromised machine
- Understand the security gaps exploited to carry out the ransomware assault
- Look for new executables surrounding the first encrypted files or system compromise
- Parse Outlook PST files
- Analyze email attachments
- Extract any URLs embedded in messages and determine whether they are malicious
- Provide comprehensive attack documentation to satisfy your insurance carrier and compliance mandates
- Document recommended improvements to close cybersecurity vulnerabilities and improve processes that reduce the exposure to a future ransomware exploit
Progent has provided remote and on-premises network services across the United States for over 20 years and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's team of SBEs includes consultants who have earned advanced certifications in foundation technologies such as Cisco infrastructure, VMware, and popular Linux distros. Progent's data security experts have earned prestigious certifications including CISA, CISSP-ISSAP, and CRISC. (See Progent's certifications). Progent also has top-tier support in financial and Enterprise Resource Planning applications. This breadth of skills gives Progent the ability to salvage and integrate the undamaged parts of your IT environment after a ransomware attack and reconstruct them rapidly into a viable system. Progent has collaborated with leading cyber insurance carriers including Chubb to help businesses clean up after ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Expertise in Bristol
To learn more information about how Progent can assist your Bristol business with ransomware forensics, call 1-800-462-8800 or see Contact Progent.