Progent's Ransomware Forensics Investigation and Reporting Services in Bristol
Progent's ransomware forensics experts can preserve the evidence of a ransomware assault and perform a detailed forensics investigation without impeding the processes required for business continuity and data recovery. Your Bristol organization can use Progent's post-attack ransomware forensics documentation to block future ransomware assaults, validate the cleanup of lost data, and comply with insurance and regulatory mandates.
Ransomware forensics analysis involves tracking and documenting the ransomware attack's storyline across the targeted network from start to finish. This audit trail of the way a ransomware attack travelled within the network assists your IT staff to assess the damage and brings to light gaps in security policies or processes that should be corrected to avoid later breaches. Forensics is usually given a top priority by the cyber insurance carrier and is typically required by state and industry regulations. Because forensics can be time consuming, it is vital that other important activities such as business resumption are pursued in parallel. Progent maintains a large roster of IT and security experts with the knowledge and experience required to perform the work of containment, business continuity, and data recovery without interfering with forensics.
Ransomware forensics is complex and calls for intimate interaction with the groups focused on file recovery and, if necessary, settlement discussions with the ransomware hacker. Ransomware forensics can require the review of logs, registry, GPO, AD, DNS, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and basic Windows systems to look for changes.
Activities associated with forensics investigation include:
- Disconnect but avoid shutting down all possibly affected devices from the network. This may require closing all RDP ports and Internet connected NAS storage, changing admin credentials and user passwords, and implementing two-factor authentication to secure your backups.
- Copy forensically complete images of all suspect devices so the file restoration team can proceed
- Save firewall, virtual private network, and additional critical logs as soon as possible
- Establish the variety of ransomware used in the assault
- Examine every machine and data store on the network as well as cloud storage for signs of compromise
- Inventory all compromised devices
- Determine the type of ransomware involved in the attack
- Review logs and sessions in order to determine the timeline of the attack and to spot any possible sideways movement from the originally infected machine
- Identify the attack vectors used to perpetrate the ransomware assault
- Look for the creation of executables associated with the first encrypted files or network compromise
- Parse Outlook PST files
- Analyze email attachments
- Separate URLs from email messages and determine if they are malware
- Provide comprehensive attack reporting to satisfy your insurance and compliance requirements
- Suggest recommendations to shore up security vulnerabilities and enforce processes that reduce the exposure to a future ransomware exploit
Progent has provided online and onsite IT services throughout the U.S. for more than two decades and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's team of subject matter experts (SMEs) includes professionals who have earned advanced certifications in core technologies including Cisco networking, VMware, and major distributions of Linux. Progent's data security experts have earned industry-recognized certifications such as CISA, CISSP, and CRISC. (See certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also offers guidance in financial management and Enterprise Resource Planning applications. This scope of expertise gives Progent the ability to salvage and consolidate the surviving parts of your IT environment after a ransomware assault and rebuild them quickly into a functioning network. Progent has worked with top insurance carriers including Chubb to assist businesses clean up after ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Services in Bristol
To learn more information about how Progent can assist your Bristol organization with ransomware forensics, call 1-800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.