Progent's Ransomware Forensics Analysis and Reporting in Bristol
Progent's ransomware forensics experts can save the evidence of a ransomware assault and perform a comprehensive forensics investigation without slowing down activity related to operational resumption and data recovery. Your Bristol business can use Progent's post-attack ransomware forensics report to combat subsequent ransomware assaults, validate the cleanup of lost data, and meet insurance carrier and governmental requirements.
Ransomware forensics analysis involves tracking and describing the ransomware assault's progress throughout the targeted network from beginning to end. This audit trail of how a ransomware assault travelled within the network helps your IT staff to evaluate the damage and highlights gaps in policies or work habits that need to be rectified to avoid later break-ins. Forensic analysis is typically given a high priority by the cyber insurance carrier and is often required by state and industry regulations. Since forensic analysis can be time consuming, it is critical that other important recovery processes like business continuity are pursued concurrently. Progent has a large team of information technology and cybersecurity experts with the knowledge and experience needed to carry out activities for containment, business continuity, and data restoration without disrupting forensics.
Ransomware forensics is arduous and calls for close interaction with the groups assigned to data restoration and, if necessary, payment talks with the ransomware Threat Actor (TA). forensics typically require the examination of logs, registry, Group Policy Object, AD, DNS, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and basic Windows systems to look for changes.
Services involved with forensics investigation include:
- Isolate but avoid shutting down all potentially suspect devices from the system. This may require closing all RDP ports and Internet connected NAS storage, changing admin credentials and user passwords, and implementing 2FA to protect backups.
- Capture forensically complete images of all exposed devices so the file recovery group can get started
- Save firewall, virtual private network, and additional critical logs as quickly as possible
- Identify the kind of ransomware used in the assault
- Survey every machine and data store on the system as well as cloud storage for indications of compromise
- Inventory all encrypted devices
- Establish the type of ransomware involved in the attack
- Review logs and sessions in order to establish the time frame of the ransomware attack and to identify any possible lateral movement from the first infected system
- Understand the attack vectors exploited to carry out the ransomware attack
- Look for new executables surrounding the original encrypted files or system compromise
- Parse Outlook web archives
- Examine attachments
- Separate any URLs from messages and determine whether they are malicious
- Provide detailed attack reporting to satisfy your insurance and compliance requirements
- Suggest recommendations to close security vulnerabilities and improve workflows that reduce the risk of a future ransomware exploit
Progent has delivered remote and onsite IT services across the United States for over two decades and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's team of subject matter experts includes consultants who have been awarded advanced certifications in foundation technology platforms including Cisco networking, VMware virtualization, and major Linux distros. Progent's cybersecurity consultants have earned internationally recognized certifications such as CISA, CISSP, and CRISC. (See Progent's certifications). Progent also has guidance in financial management and ERP application software. This breadth of skills allows Progent to salvage and consolidate the undamaged parts of your network after a ransomware assault and reconstruct them rapidly into an operational network. Progent has worked with leading insurance carriers including Chubb to assist businesses recover from ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Investigation Expertise in Bristol
To find out more information about ways Progent can assist your Bristol organization with ransomware forensics investigation, call 1-800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.