Overview of Progent's Ransomware Settlement Negotiation Consulting in Bristol
Progent is experienced in negotiating ransomware settlements with threat actors. Reaching an optimum settlement is a complex exercise that calls for a mix of real-word experience, technical knowledge and business savvy. It also calls for close co-operation with the cyber-extortion target's IT staff and the cyber insurance carrier, if any. Because the number one priority of the ransomware victim is operational continuity, it is vital to deploy recovery groups that work efficiently, concurrently, and with intimate collaboration. Progent offers the scope of technical skills and the deep bench of personnel to supplement your IT support team and recover your network environment quickly and economically.
Services provided by Progent's ransomware settlement negotiation experts include:
Concurrent with the settlement negotiations, Progent's ransomware team can help with:
- Establishing the kind of ransomware used in the attack
- Identifying and communicating with the hacker persona
- Evaluating the recovery risk
- Validating the threat actor's decryption capabilities
- Determining a settlement range with the ransomware victim and the cyber insurance carrier
- Establishing a settlement and schedule with the threat actor
- Verifying adherence to anti-money laundering sanctions
- Overseeing the crypto-currency transfer to the hacker
- Acquiring, learning, and operating the threat actor's decryption utility
- If needed, contacting the TA for technical assistance with the decryption utility
Once the decryption utility has been learned, Progent can help you to restore machines and services to their pre-arrack state. Progent can also help you to perform comprehensive forensics and generate a document to deliver to the cyber insurance provider. This document helps you to understand cybersecurity gaps that need to be fixed and recommends steps that should be performed to counter subsequent ransomware attacks.
- Isolating affected endpoints and data stores to arrest the progress of the assault
- Making digital copies of each compromised server and endpoint and data store in order to perform forensics without interfering with restoration
- Installing A/V agents to all clean endpoints
- Recovering files from air-gapped restores or unscathed endpoints
- Creating a pristine environment
- Mapping and reconnecting drives to reflect exactly their pre-attack condition
Paying Exfiltration Ransoms
Beyond demanding payment for a decryption utility, modern strains of crypto-ransomware like Ryuk, Maze, DopplePaymer, and Egregor commonly try to steal (or "exfiltrate") files. Hackers are then able to require a separate payment in exchange for not divulging this data or selling it. Unfortunately, there exists no method to guarantee that exfiltrated files have been completely deleted by the TA. Actually, in numerous cases the threat actor has limited say over where the information ends up. Paying an exfiltration ransom does not eliminate the necessity of seeking the guidance of legal counsel, performing an investigation into which files were taken, and sending the required notifications to affected entities. Generally, paying an exfiltration ransom is a waste.
Progent has provided online and onsite IT services across the United States for over two decades and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's roster of subject matter experts (SMEs) includes professionals who have earned high-level certifications in core technologies such as Cisco infrastructure, VMware virtualization, and popular Linux distros. Progent's cybersecurity consultants have earned industry-recognized certifications including CISM, CISSP-ISSAP, and CRISC. (See certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also offers guidance in financial management and ERP software. This breadth of expertise gives Progent the ability to identify and consolidate the undamaged pieces of your IT environment following a ransomware attack and rebuild them quickly into a viable system. Progent has worked with top cyber insurance providers like Chubb to help organizations recover from ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Settlement Negotiation Expertise in Bristol
To contact with Progent about ransomware settlement guidance in Bristol, phone Progent at 800-462-8800 or go to Contact Progent.