Ransomware Hot Line: 800-462-8800
24x7 Remote Access to a Top-tier Ransomware Consultant
Ransomware requires time to steal its way across a target network. Because of this, ransomware assaults are commonly launched on weekends and at night, when support personnel may be slower to become aware of a breach and are less able to mount a rapid and forceful response. The more lateral progress ransomware is able to make within a target's network, the more time it takes to restore core IT services and damaged files and the more information can be stolen and posted to the dark web.
Progent's Ransomware Hot Line is intended to help you to carry out the time-critical first step in mitigating a ransomware assault by stopping the bleeding. Progent's remote ransomware engineers can assist organizations in the Bristol area to identify and quarantine infected devices and guard clean assets from being penetrated.
If your system has been breached by any strain of ransomware, act fast. Get help quickly by calling Progent's Ransomware Hot Line at 800-462-8800.
Progent's Ransomware Response Expertise Available in Bristol
Modern strains of crypto-ransomware such as Ryuk, Maze, DopplePaymer, and Nephilim encrypt online files and infiltrate any available backups. Files synchronized to the cloud can also be corrupted. For a poorly defended environment, this can make system recovery nearly impossible and basically throws the datacenter back to the beginning. Threat Actors (TAs), the cybercriminals responsible for ransomware assault, demand a ransom fee for the decryption tools required to recover encrypted data. Ransomware assaults also try to steal (or "exfiltrate") files and hackers require an additional payment in exchange for not posting this information or selling it. Even if you are able to restore your system to a tolerable date in time, exfiltration can pose a major problem according to the sensitivity of the stolen data.
The recovery process after a ransomware attack has a number of distinct stages, most of which can proceed in parallel if the recovery team has enough members with the necessary skill sets.
- Quarantine: This time-critical initial step involves arresting the sideways spread of ransomware across your IT system. The longer a ransomware attack is allowed to run unchecked, the longer and more costly the restoration effort. Recognizing this, Progent keeps a 24x7 Ransomware Hotline staffed by seasoned ransomware response experts. Quarantine processes include cutting off infected endpoints from the network to block the contagion, documenting the environment, and securing entry points.
- Operational continuity: This covers bringing back the network to a minimal useful level of capability with the least delay. This process is usually at the highest level of urgency for the victims of the ransomware assault, who often perceive it to be an existential issue for their business. This project also requires the broadest range of technical skills that span domain controllers, DHCP servers, physical and virtual machines, PCs, laptops and smart phones, databases, productivity and line-of-business applications, network topology, and safe endpoint access management. Progent's recovery experts use state-of-the-art collaboration platforms to organize the multi-faceted restoration process. Progent appreciates the urgency of working quickly, tirelessly, and in concert with a client's managers and IT group to prioritize tasks and to get vital services back online as fast as possible.
- Data restoration: The effort necessary to recover data damaged by a ransomware assault varies according to the state of the network, the number of files that are encrypted, and which restore methods are needed. Ransomware assaults can destroy pivotal databases which, if not gracefully closed, might have to be reconstructed from scratch. This can apply to DNS and Active Directory (AD) databases. Microsoft Exchange and Microsoft SQL Server rely on Active Directory, and many manufacturing and other mission-critical applications are powered by SQL Server. Often some detective work could be needed to find undamaged data. For example, undamaged Outlook Email Offline Folder Files may exist on employees' PCs and laptops that were not connected at the time of the attack.
- Setting up modern antivirus/ransomware defense: Progent's Active Security Monitoring incorporates SentinelOne's machine learning technology to give small and mid-sized businesses the advantages of the same anti-virus tools deployed by some of the world's largest corporations such as Walmart, Visa, and Salesforce. By delivering real-time malware blocking, identification, containment, recovery and analysis in one integrated platform, ProSight ASM cuts total cost of ownership, streamlines administration, and expedites recovery. SentinelOne's next-generation endpoint protection (NGEP) built into in ProSight ASM was listed by Gartner Group as the "most visionary Endpoint Protection Platform (EPP)." Progent is a SentinelOne Partner, dealer, and integrator. Read about Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) next-generation endpoint protection and ransomware defense with SentinelOne technology.
- Negotiation with the threat actor (TA): Progent has experience negotiating ransom settlements with hackers. This calls for working closely with the victim and the cyber insurance provider, if any. Services consist of establishing the type of ransomware involved in the attack; identifying and making contact with the hacker persona; testing decryption capabilities; budgeting a settlement amount with the ransomware victim and the insurance provider; establishing a settlement and schedule with the TA; checking compliance with anti-money laundering regulations; carrying out the crypto-currency payment to the hacker; acquiring, reviewing, and using the decryption utility; debugging failed files; building a clean environment; remapping and connecting drives to reflect exactly their pre-encryption state; and reprovisioning machines and software services.
- Forensic analysis: This activity is aimed at uncovering the ransomware attack's progress across the targeted network from beginning to end. This audit trail of the way a ransomware attack progressed within the network assists your IT staff to assess the damage and brings to light weaknesses in rules or work habits that need to be corrected to avoid later break-ins. Forensics entails the examination of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object, AD, DNS, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and core Windows systems to look for anomalies. Forensic analysis is commonly given a top priority by the cyber insurance provider. Since forensics can take time, it is critical that other key activities such as business resumption are performed concurrently. Progent maintains an extensive roster of information technology and data security professionals with the knowledge and experience needed to carry out the work of containment, business resumption, and data restoration without interfering with forensics.
Progent has provided remote and on-premises network services across the U.S. for more than two decades and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's roster of subject matter experts (SMEs) includes consultants who have earned advanced certifications in foundation technology platforms such as Cisco networking, VMware, and major distributions of Linux. Progent's data security consultants have earned internationally recognized certifications including CISA, CISSP, and CRISC. (Refer to certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also offers top-tier support in financial management and ERP software. This scope of expertise allows Progent to salvage and consolidate the surviving parts of your information system following a ransomware intrusion and rebuild them rapidly into an operational system. Progent has collaborated with top cyber insurance providers like Chubb to assist organizations clean up after ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent for Ransomware System Restoration Expertise in Bristol
For ransomware recovery consulting in the Bristol area, call Progent at 800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.