Ransomware Hot Line: 800-462-8800
24x7 Remote Access to a Top-tier Ransomware Engineer
Ransomware requires time to steal its way through a network. For this reason, ransomware assaults are typically launched on weekends and late at night, when support personnel are likely to take longer to become aware of a penetration and are less able to mount a quick and coordinated response. The more lateral movement ransomware can manage within a victim's system, the more time it will require to recover core IT services and scrambled files and the more data can be exfiltrated to the dark web.
Progent's Ransomware Hot Line is intended to help organizations to complete the time-critical first step in responding to a ransomware assault by containing the malware. Progent's online ransomware experts can help businesses in the Bristol area to identify and isolate breached devices and guard clean resources from being compromised.
If your network has been breached by any version of ransomware, act fast. Get help quickly by calling Progent's Ransomware Hot Line at 800-462-8800.
Progent's Ransomware Recovery Services Offered in Bristol
Current variants of ransomware such as Ryuk, Sodinokibi, Netwalker, and Egregor encrypt online data and infiltrate any accessible system restores. Data synchronized to the cloud can also be corrupted. For a vulnerable network, this can make system recovery nearly impossible and effectively knocks the datacenter back to square one. Threat Actors, the hackers responsible for ransomware attack, insist on a settlement payment for the decryption tools needed to recover scrambled data. Ransomware assaults also attempt to exfiltrate information and TAs demand an additional settlement for not publishing this data on the dark web. Even if you can rollback your network to a tolerable date in time, exfiltration can be a major problem according to the nature of the downloaded information.
The restoration work subsequent to ransomware attack involves a number of crucial stages, the majority of which can be performed in parallel if the recovery workgroup has enough members with the required skill sets.
- Containment: This time-critical first step requires blocking the sideways progress of ransomware across your IT system. The longer a ransomware assault is permitted to run unrestricted, the more complex and more costly the restoration process. Recognizing this, Progent keeps a round-the-clock Ransomware Hotline monitored by seasoned ransomware recovery experts. Containment processes include isolating infected endpoints from the network to restrict the contagion, documenting the IT system, and protecting entry points.
- System continuity: This covers restoring the network to a minimal useful level of capability with the least delay. This effort is usually the top priority for the targets of the ransomware attack, who often perceive it to be a life-or-death issue for their business. This project also demands the broadest range of IT skills that cover domain controllers, DHCP servers, physical and virtual machines, desktops, notebooks and smart phones, databases, office and line-of-business apps, network topology, and secure remote access. Progent's ransomware recovery experts use state-of-the-art workgroup platforms to organize the complicated restoration effort. Progent understands the urgency of working rapidly, tirelessly, and in concert with a customer's managers and network support staff to prioritize activity and to put vital services on line again as quickly as feasible.
- Data recovery: The effort required to restore data damaged by a ransomware assault varies according to the state of the network, how many files are encrypted, and which recovery methods are required. Ransomware attacks can destroy pivotal databases which, if not carefully shut down, may have to be reconstructed from the beginning. This can include DNS and Active Directory (AD) databases. Microsoft Exchange and SQL Server depend on Active Directory, and many financial and other business-critical platforms are powered by Microsoft SQL Server. Some detective work may be needed to find undamaged data. For instance, undamaged Outlook Email Offline Folder Files may have survived on employees' desktop computers and laptops that were not connected at the time of the attack.
- Implementing modern antivirus/ransomware defense: Progent's Active Security Monitoring utilizes SentinelOne's machine learning technology to offer small and mid-sized companies the benefits of the same AV technology deployed by some of the world's largest corporations such as Walmart, Visa, and NASDAQ. By delivering in-line malware blocking, detection, mitigation, restoration and analysis in a single integrated platform, ProSight Active Security Monitoring lowers total cost of ownership, streamlines management, and expedites resumption of operations. SentinelOne's next-generation endpoint protection engine incorporated in Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring was ranked by Gartner Group as the industry's "most visionary Endpoint Protection Platform." Progent is a SentinelOne Partner. Read about Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) endpoint protection and ransomware defense with SentinelOne technology.
- Negotiation with the threat actor (TA): Progent is experienced in negotiating ransom settlements with hackers. This calls for close co-operation with the ransomware victim and the insurance carrier, if there is one. Services include determining the type of ransomware used in the assault; identifying and making contact with the hacker; verifying decryption capabilities; deciding on a settlement with the victim and the cyber insurance provider; establishing a settlement and schedule with the TA; confirming adherence to anti-money laundering sanctions; overseeing the crypto-currency payment to the hacker; receiving, reviewing, and using the decryptor tool; troubleshooting failed files; building a clean environment; remapping and connecting drives to match exactly their pre-encryption condition; and reprovisioning computers and software services.
- Forensic analysis: This process involves discovering the ransomware attack's storyline throughout the targeted network from start to finish. This audit trail of how a ransomware attack travelled through the network assists you to evaluate the damage and highlights shortcomings in policies or work habits that need to be corrected to avoid future breaches. Forensics involves the review of all logs, registry, GPO, Active Directory (AD), DNS servers, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and basic Windows systems to check for anomalies. Forensic analysis is typically given a top priority by the cyber insurance provider. Since forensic analysis can be time consuming, it is critical that other important activities such as operational resumption are executed concurrently. Progent maintains an extensive team of information technology and cybersecurity experts with the knowledge and experience required to perform the work of containment, business continuity, and data restoration without disrupting forensic analysis.
Progent has provided remote and on-premises IT services throughout the United States for more than 20 years and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's team of subject matter experts includes professionals who have earned high-level certifications in foundation technologies including Cisco infrastructure, VMware, and major distributions of Linux. Progent's data security consultants have earned prestigious certifications such as CISA, CISSP, and GIAC. (See Progent's certifications). Progent also has top-tier support in financial management and ERP applications. This broad array of expertise allows Progent to identify and integrate the undamaged pieces of your IT environment after a ransomware intrusion and reconstruct them quickly into an operational network. Progent has collaborated with leading insurance carriers like Chubb to help organizations recover from ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent for Ransomware System Restoration Expertise in Bristol
For ransomware system recovery services in the Bristol metro area, call Progent at 800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.