Ransomware Hot Line: 800-462-8800
24x7 Remote Help from a Top-tier Ransomware Consultant
Ransomware needs time to work its way across a target network. Because of this, ransomware attacks are typically unleashed on weekends and at night, when IT staff may take longer to recognize a penetration and are less able to mount a quick and forceful response. The more lateral progress ransomware is able to manage inside a target's network, the longer it will require to restore core IT services and scrambled files and the more data can be exfiltrated to the dark web.
Progent's Ransomware Hot Line is designed to help organizations to complete the time-critical first step in responding to a ransomware attack by containing the malware. Progent's online ransomware experts can assist businesses in the Bristol metro area to identify and quarantine infected servers and endpoints and guard undamaged resources from being compromised.
If your network has been penetrated by any version of ransomware, act fast. Get help quickly by calling Progent's Ransomware Hot Line at 800-462-8800.
Progent's Ransomware Response Expertise Available in Bristol
Current strains of ransomware such as Ryuk, Sodinokibi, Netwalker, and Egregor encrypt online files and infiltrate any available system restores and backups. Files synchronized to the cloud can also be corrupted. For a poorly defended network, this can make system restoration almost impossible and effectively knocks the datacenter back to square one. So-called Threat Actors, the cybercriminals responsible for ransomware attack, demand a ransom fee in exchange for the decryptors needed to unlock encrypted files. Ransomware assaults also try to exfiltrate files and hackers require an additional payment for not publishing this data or selling it. Even if you can rollback your network to an acceptable date in time, exfiltration can be a big problem according to the nature of the stolen information.
The recovery work subsequent to ransomware penetration has several distinct stages, the majority of which can be performed in parallel if the response workgroup has a sufficient number of members with the required skill sets.
- Quarantine: This urgent first response requires blocking the sideways progress of the attack within your IT system. The more time a ransomware assault is allowed to go unchecked, the more complex and more costly the restoration process. Recognizing this, Progent maintains a 24x7 Ransomware Hotline monitored by veteran ransomware response experts. Containment activities include isolating infected endpoints from the network to minimize the contagion, documenting the environment, and securing entry points.
- System continuity: This involves bringing back the IT system to a minimal useful degree of functionality with the shortest possible delay. This process is usually the highest priority for the targets of the ransomware assault, who often see it as an existential issue for their company. This project also demands the broadest array of IT abilities that span domain controllers, DHCP servers, physical and virtual servers, desktops, notebooks and smart phones, databases, productivity and line-of-business applications, network topology, and secure remote access management. Progent's recovery experts use advanced collaboration platforms to coordinate the complex restoration effort. Progent appreciates the urgency of working quickly, tirelessly, and in unison with a client's managers and IT group to prioritize activity and to get essential resources back online as fast as possible.
- Data restoration: The effort required to recover files impacted by a ransomware assault depends on the state of the network, how many files are affected, and what restore methods are needed. Ransomware attacks can take down critical databases which, if not gracefully shut down, may need to be reconstructed from scratch. This can apply to DNS and AD databases. Exchange and Microsoft SQL Server depend on AD, and many ERP and other mission-critical platforms depend on SQL Server. Some detective work could be needed to find clean data. For example, non-encrypted OST files (Outlook Email Offline Folder Files) may have survived on employees' PCs and notebooks that were off line at the time of the ransomware attack.
- Deploying advanced AV/ransomware defense: Progent's Active Security Monitoring uses SentinelOne's behavioral analysis technology to give small and medium-sized companies the advantages of the identical AV technology used by many of the world's biggest corporations such as Walmart, Visa, and Salesforce. By providing real-time malware filtering, detection, mitigation, repair and forensics in one integrated platform, Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring lowers TCO, simplifies management, and promotes rapid resumption of operations. SentinelOne's next-generation endpoint protection (NGEP) built into in ProSight ASM was listed by Gartner Group as the "most visionary Endpoint Protection Platform (EPP)." Progent is a SentinelOne Partner, dealer, and integrator. Read about Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring endpoint protection and ransomware recovery with SentinelOne technology.
- Negotiating a settlement with the hacker Progent is experienced in negotiating ransom settlements with threat actors. This calls for close co-operation with the victim and the cyber insurance provider, if there is one. Activities consist of establishing the type of ransomware used in the attack; identifying and establishing communications the hacker; testing decryption capabilities; deciding on a settlement with the ransomware victim and the cyber insurance provider; negotiating a settlement and schedule with the TA; checking compliance with anti-money laundering regulations; overseeing the crypto-currency disbursement to the hacker; receiving, reviewing, and using the decryptor utility; troubleshooting decryption problems; building a clean environment; remapping and connecting drives to reflect precisely their pre-encryption state; and recovering computers and software services.
- Forensic analysis: This activity involves discovering the ransomware assault's storyline throughout the targeted network from beginning to end. This history of how a ransomware assault progressed through the network helps you to evaluate the damage and brings to light vulnerabilities in security policies or work habits that should be corrected to prevent later breaches. Forensics entails the examination of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object, Active Directory (AD), DNS servers, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and basic Windows systems to detect variations. Forensic analysis is commonly assigned a high priority by the insurance carrier. Since forensic analysis can be time consuming, it is essential that other key recovery processes such as business resumption are pursued concurrently. Progent has a large roster of information technology and data security experts with the knowledge and experience required to perform activities for containment, operational resumption, and data recovery without interfering with forensic analysis.
Progent has provided online and onsite network services throughout the U.S. for over 20 years and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's team of subject matter experts includes consultants who have earned high-level certifications in foundation technology platforms including Cisco infrastructure, VMware, and popular Linux distros. Progent's data security experts have earned industry-recognized certifications such as CISM, CISSP-ISSAP, and GIAC. (Refer to certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also offers top-tier support in financial and ERP applications. This scope of skills gives Progent the ability to salvage and consolidate the undamaged pieces of your IT environment following a ransomware attack and reconstruct them quickly into an operational system. Progent has collaborated with top cyber insurance carriers like Chubb to help businesses recover from ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent for Ransomware System Restoration Services in Bristol
For ransomware recovery consulting services in the Bristol area, phone Progent at 800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.