Ransomware Hot Line: 800-462-8800
24x7 Online Help from a Top-tier Ransomware Engineer
Ransomware needs time to steal its way through a target network. Because of this, ransomware assaults are typically unleashed on weekends and at night, when support personnel may take longer to recognize a penetration and are less able to organize a quick and coordinated defense. The more lateral movement ransomware can achieve within a target's network, the longer it will require to restore core IT services and scrambled files and the more data can be exfiltrated to the dark web.
Progent's Ransomware Hot Line is designed to help organizations to carry out the urgent first phase in mitigating a ransomware assault by putting out the fire. Progent's online ransomware engineers can assist organizations in the Brooklyn metro area to identify and isolate breached devices and protect clean resources from being compromised.
If your system has been breached by any strain of ransomware, act fast. Get immediate help by calling Progent's Ransomware Hot Line at 800-462-8800.
Progent's Ransomware Response Services Offered in Brooklyn
Modern strains of crypto-ransomware such as Ryuk, Sodinokibi, Netwalker, and Nephilim encrypt online data and invade any accessible backups. Files synched to the cloud can also be impacted. For a vulnerable environment, this can make automated recovery nearly impossible and basically sets the datacenter back to square one. Threat Actors, the cybercriminals responsible for ransomware assault, demand a ransom fee for the decryptors required to recover scrambled files. Ransomware attacks also try to exfiltrate information and hackers require an additional settlement in exchange for not publishing this data or selling it. Even if you are able to rollback your system to an acceptable point in time, exfiltration can be a big problem according to the sensitivity of the downloaded data.
The restoration process subsequent to ransomware penetration has a number of crucial phases, most of which can be performed concurrently if the response team has enough members with the required skill sets.
- Containment: This time-critical initial response requires blocking the sideways spread of the attack across your IT system. The more time a ransomware assault is permitted to go unrestricted, the more complex and more expensive the recovery effort. Because of this, Progent keeps a 24x7 Ransomware Hotline monitored by seasoned ransomware response engineers. Containment processes consist of isolating infected endpoints from the network to restrict the spread, documenting the environment, and protecting entry points.
- Operational continuity: This covers bringing back the network to a basic acceptable level of capability with the least delay. This process is usually the top priority for the victims of the ransomware attack, who often see it as an existential issue for their company. This project also requires the broadest array of technical skills that cover domain controllers, DHCP servers, physical and virtual servers, PCs, laptops and smart phones, databases, productivity and line-of-business apps, network topology, and secure endpoint access. Progent's recovery experts use advanced workgroup tools to organize the complicated recovery process. Progent understands the urgency of working rapidly, continuously, and in unison with a customer's managers and network support group to prioritize activity and to put critical resources back online as quickly as feasible.
- Data recovery: The effort required to recover data impacted by a ransomware assault depends on the condition of the network, how many files are affected, and which recovery methods are required. Ransomware assaults can take down pivotal databases which, if not gracefully closed, may have to be rebuilt from the beginning. This can include DNS and Active Directory (AD) databases. Exchange and Microsoft SQL Server rely on AD, and many financial and other mission-critical platforms depend on Microsoft SQL Server. Often some detective work could be needed to find clean data. For example, undamaged OST files may have survived on staff desktop computers and laptops that were not connected during the ransomware assault.
- Deploying modern antivirus/ransomware protection: ProSight ASM incorporates SentinelOne's behavioral analysis technology to offer small and mid-sized businesses the benefits of the same anti-virus technology deployed by many of the world's largest corporations including Walmart, Visa, and Salesforce. By delivering real-time malware blocking, classification, containment, repair and analysis in a single integrated platform, Progent's ProSight ASM cuts total cost of ownership, streamlines management, and promotes rapid resumption of operations. SentinelOne's next-generation endpoint protection (NGEP) built into in Progent's ASM was listed by Gartner Group as the industry's "most visionary Endpoint Protection Platform (EPP)." Progent is a certified SentinelOne Partner. Learn about Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring endpoint protection and ransomware defense with SentinelOne technology.
- Negotiating a settlement with the hacker Progent has experience negotiating ransom settlements with threat actors. This requires close co-operation with the ransomware victim and the insurance carrier, if there is one. Activities include determining the type of ransomware involved in the attack; identifying and establishing communications the hacker persona; testing decryption tool; budgeting a settlement amount with the victim and the insurance carrier; negotiating a settlement amount and timeline with the hacker; checking compliance with anti-money laundering (AML) regulations; overseeing the crypto-currency disbursement to the TA; acquiring, reviewing, and operating the decryption utility; debugging decryption problems; creating a clean environment; mapping and reconnecting datastores to match exactly their pre-attack state; and recovering machines and software services.
- Forensics: This process is aimed at learning the ransomware attack's storyline across the network from start to finish. This audit trail of how a ransomware assault travelled within the network assists you to evaluate the damage and brings to light gaps in policies or work habits that need to be corrected to prevent future breaches. Forensics involves the review of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object, AD, DNS, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and basic Windows systems to check for variations. Forensic analysis is usually assigned a high priority by the cyber insurance carrier. Because forensic analysis can take time, it is critical that other important recovery processes such as business resumption are pursued in parallel. Progent has a large team of IT and cybersecurity experts with the knowledge and experience needed to carry out activities for containment, business continuity, and data restoration without disrupting forensic analysis.
Progent has provided remote and onsite network services across the United States for over two decades and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's roster of SMEs includes professionals who have been awarded high-level certifications in core technology platforms including Cisco networking, VMware virtualization, and popular Linux distros. Progent's cybersecurity consultants have earned industry-recognized certifications including CISM, CISSP-ISSAP, and CRISC. (See Progent's certifications). Progent also offers top-tier support in financial management and Enterprise Resource Planning application software. This breadth of skills gives Progent the ability to identify and integrate the undamaged pieces of your IT environment following a ransomware intrusion and reconstruct them quickly into a functioning system. Progent has collaborated with leading insurance carriers like Chubb to help businesses clean up after ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent for Ransomware Recovery Consulting in Brooklyn
For ransomware system recovery services in the Brooklyn area, call Progent at 800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.