Ransomware Hot Line: 800-462-8800
24x7 Online Help from a Senior Ransomware Consultant
Ransomware needs time to steal its way across a network. For this reason, ransomware attacks are typically unleashed on weekends and at night, when support staff are likely to be slower to recognize a break-in and are less able to organize a rapid and forceful response. The more lateral movement ransomware is able to manage inside a victim's network, the longer it will require to recover basic operations and scrambled files and the more data can be exfiltrated to the dark web.
Progent's Ransomware Hot Line is designed to help you to complete the urgent first phase in responding to a ransomware attack by putting out the fire. Progent's online ransomware engineers can assist businesses in the Brooklyn metro area to identify and isolate infected servers and endpoints and guard clean resources from being compromised.
If your system has been breached by any version of ransomware, act fast. Get immediate help by calling Progent's Ransomware Hot Line at 800-462-8800.
Progent's Ransomware Response Expertise Offered in Brooklyn
Modern variants of crypto-ransomware such as Ryuk, Maze, Netwalker, and Egregor encrypt online data and invade any available backups. Files synchronized to the cloud can also be impacted. For a vulnerable environment, this can make system restoration almost impossible and effectively throws the datacenter back to square one. So-called Threat Actors, the cybercriminals responsible for ransomware attack, insist on a ransom payment in exchange for the decryptors required to recover encrypted data. Ransomware attacks also try to exfiltrate information and TAs demand an extra payment for not publishing this information or selling it. Even if you are able to rollback your network to an acceptable point in time, exfiltration can be a major problem according to the nature of the stolen information.
The recovery work after a ransomware attack has a number of distinct stages, the majority of which can proceed in parallel if the recovery workgroup has a sufficient number of members with the necessary skill sets.
- Containment: This time-critical initial response requires arresting the lateral spread of ransomware across your IT system. The more time a ransomware assault is allowed to go unchecked, the longer and more expensive the restoration process. Because of this, Progent maintains a 24x7 Ransomware Hotline staffed by seasoned ransomware recovery experts. Containment processes include isolating affected endpoints from the network to block the spread, documenting the environment, and protecting entry points.
- Operational continuity: This covers restoring the network to a basic acceptable level of functionality with the least downtime. This process is typically at the highest level of urgency for the victims of the ransomware assault, who often see it as an existential issue for their company. This project also requires the broadest range of IT skills that cover domain controllers, DHCP servers, physical and virtual servers, desktops, laptops and mobile phones, databases, office and mission-critical apps, network architecture, and secure endpoint access management. Progent's ransomware recovery experts use state-of-the-art workgroup tools to organize the complicated recovery effort. Progent understands the urgency of working rapidly, continuously, and in concert with a customer's managers and network support staff to prioritize tasks and to get essential services back online as fast as feasible.
- Data recovery: The effort required to restore data impacted by a ransomware attack varies according to the state of the network, how many files are affected, and what restore methods are required. Ransomware assaults can take down key databases which, if not carefully shut down, might have to be reconstructed from scratch. This can apply to DNS and Active Directory (AD) databases. Exchange and Microsoft SQL Server rely on AD, and many financial and other business-critical applications depend on SQL Server. Often some detective work may be needed to locate clean data. For example, undamaged OST files may have survived on staff desktop computers and notebooks that were not connected during the ransomware assault. Progent's Altaro VM Backup experts can assist you to deploy immutable backup for cloud object storage, enabling tamper-proof data for a set duration so that backup data cannot be modified or deleted by anyone including administrators or root users. This adds an extra level of protection and recoverability in case of a ransomware breach.
- Setting up advanced AV/ransomware defense: ProSight ASM incorporates SentinelOne's behavioral analysis technology to give small and medium-sized businesses the benefits of the same anti-virus technology deployed by some of the world's largest enterprises such as Walmart, Citi, and NASDAQ. By delivering in-line malware blocking, detection, containment, repair and forensics in one integrated platform, Progent's Active Security Monitoring lowers TCO, simplifies management, and promotes rapid operational continuity. SentinelOne's next-generation endpoint protection engine incorporated in Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring was listed by Gartner Group as the industry's "most visionary Endpoint Protection Platform (EPP)." Progent is a SentinelOne Partner, dealer, and integrator. Read about Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) next-generation endpoint protection and ransomware recovery with SentinelOne technology.
- Negotiating a settlement with the threat actor (TA): Progent is experienced in negotiating settlements with threat actors. This calls for working closely with the ransomware victim and the cyber insurance carrier, if there is one. Services include determining the type of ransomware involved in the attack; identifying and establishing communications the hacker; testing decryption tool; budgeting a settlement with the victim and the insurance provider; establishing a settlement and schedule with the TA; confirming adherence to anti-money laundering (AML) sanctions; carrying out the crypto-currency transfer to the TA; receiving, learning, and operating the decryption tool; debugging decryption problems; building a clean environment; mapping and reconnecting drives to reflect precisely their pre-attack condition; and reprovisioning machines and software services.
- Forensic analysis: This activity is aimed at discovering the ransomware attack's progress throughout the targeted network from beginning to end. This history of the way a ransomware assault progressed through the network assists you to assess the damage and uncovers gaps in security policies or processes that should be rectified to prevent future breaches. Forensics involves the review of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object, Active Directory (AD), DNS, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and core Windows systems to check for changes. Forensics is typically given a top priority by the cyber insurance provider. Since forensic analysis can take time, it is vital that other important activities like operational resumption are pursued in parallel. Progent has a large roster of IT and data security professionals with the knowledge and experience needed to perform activities for containment, business resumption, and data restoration without disrupting forensics.
Progent has delivered online and onsite IT services across the U.S. for over 20 years and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's team of subject matter experts includes professionals who have been awarded advanced certifications in foundation technologies including Cisco infrastructure, VMware, and popular Linux distros. Progent's data security consultants have earned prestigious certifications including CISM, CISSP-ISSAP, and GIAC. (See Progent's certifications). Progent also offers top-tier support in financial and Enterprise Resource Planning software. This scope of expertise gives Progent the ability to identify and integrate the undamaged parts of your information system after a ransomware intrusion and reconstruct them quickly into a viable system. Progent has worked with leading cyber insurance carriers including Chubb to assist businesses recover from ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent for Ransomware Cleanup Consulting in Brooklyn
For ransomware system restoration expertise in the Brooklyn area, call Progent at 800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.