Ransomware Hot Line: 800-462-8800
24x7 Online Access to a Top-tier Ransomware Consultant
Ransomware needs time to work its way through a network. For this reason, ransomware attacks are commonly launched on weekends and late at night, when support personnel are likely to take longer to recognize a breach and are less able to organize a rapid and forceful response. The more lateral progress ransomware can make within a victim's network, the longer it will require to recover basic operations and scrambled files and the more data can be exfiltrated to the dark web.
Progent's Ransomware Hot Line is intended to help you to take the urgent first step in responding to a ransomware attack by putting out the fire. Progent's online ransomware experts can assist organizations in the Brooklyn area to identify and quarantine infected devices and guard undamaged resources from being penetrated.
If your system has been penetrated by any version of ransomware, act fast. Get help quickly by calling Progent's Ransomware Hot Line at 800-462-8800.
Progent's Ransomware Response Services Available in Brooklyn
Modern variants of ransomware such as Ryuk, Sodinokibi, Netwalker, and Egregor encrypt online files and invade any accessible system restores and backups. Files synched to the cloud can also be impacted. For a poorly defended network, this can make system restoration almost impossible and basically sets the datacenter back to the beginning. Threat Actors, the cybercriminals responsible for ransomware assault, insist on a settlement payment in exchange for the decryptors required to recover encrypted data. Ransomware assaults also attempt to steal (or "exfiltrate") files and TAs require an extra ransom in exchange for not publishing this data on the dark web. Even if you can restore your system to an acceptable date in time, exfiltration can be a big problem depending on the nature of the downloaded information.
The restoration process after a ransomware penetration involves several crucial stages, the majority of which can be performed concurrently if the response workgroup has enough members with the required skill sets.
- Containment: This time-critical initial response involves arresting the lateral spread of ransomware across your IT system. The longer a ransomware assault is permitted to run unrestricted, the more complex and more expensive the recovery process. Because of this, Progent maintains a round-the-clock Ransomware Hotline staffed by veteran ransomware response experts. Quarantine processes include isolating infected endpoint devices from the network to minimize the contagion, documenting the IT system, and securing entry points.
- Operational continuity: This covers restoring the IT system to a minimal useful level of capability with the shortest possible delay. This process is usually the highest priority for the targets of the ransomware assault, who often see it as a life-or-death issue for their company. This project also demands the widest array of technical abilities that cover domain controllers, DHCP servers, physical and virtual machines, PCs, laptops and smart phones, databases, productivity and mission-critical apps, network architecture, and protected remote access. Progent's ransomware recovery experts use state-of-the-art workgroup tools to coordinate the complicated recovery process. Progent appreciates the urgency of working rapidly, tirelessly, and in unison with a client's managers and IT staff to prioritize tasks and to put essential services on line again as quickly as feasible.
- Data recovery: The work necessary to recover files impacted by a ransomware assault depends on the state of the systems, how many files are encrypted, and what recovery methods are required. Ransomware assaults can take down critical databases which, if not properly closed, may have to be rebuilt from scratch. This can include DNS and AD databases. Microsoft Exchange and Microsoft SQL Server depend on Active Directory, and many manufacturing and other mission-critical applications depend on Microsoft SQL Server. Some detective work may be needed to locate clean data. For example, non-encrypted OST files (Outlook Email Offline Folder Files) may have survived on employees' PCs and laptops that were not connected during the assault.
- Implementing advanced antivirus/ransomware protection: ProSight ASM utilizes SentinelOne's machine learning technology to offer small and medium-sized companies the benefits of the identical AV technology deployed by many of the world's biggest enterprises such as Walmart, Citi, and NASDAQ. By delivering real-time malware filtering, classification, mitigation, recovery and analysis in a single integrated platform, Progent's ASM reduces TCO, simplifies management, and expedites resumption of operations. SentinelOne's next-generation endpoint protection (NGEP) incorporated in Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring was listed by Gartner Group as the "most visionary Endpoint Protection Platform (EPP)." Progent is a certified SentinelOne Partner. Find out about Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring endpoint protection and ransomware recovery with SentinelOne technology.
- Negotiation with the threat actor (TA): Progent has experience negotiating ransom settlements with hackers. This requires close co-operation with the ransomware victim and the cyber insurance provider, if any. Activities consist of establishing the type of ransomware involved in the attack; identifying and establishing communications the hacker; verifying decryption capabilities; deciding on a settlement with the victim and the insurance carrier; negotiating a settlement amount and timeline with the hacker; checking adherence to anti-money laundering (AML) regulations; overseeing the crypto-currency disbursement to the TA; receiving, learning, and using the decryption utility; troubleshooting failed files; building a clean environment; mapping and reconnecting datastores to reflect exactly their pre-attack state; and reprovisioning physical and virtual devices and software services.
- Forensics: This process is aimed at uncovering the ransomware attack's storyline across the network from beginning to end. This audit trail of how a ransomware assault progressed within the network assists you to evaluate the impact and uncovers vulnerabilities in policies or processes that should be corrected to avoid future breaches. Forensics entails the examination of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object (GPO), Active Directory (AD), DNS, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and core Windows systems to look for variations. Forensics is commonly assigned a high priority by the cyber insurance provider. Because forensic analysis can take time, it is vital that other important recovery processes like business continuity are performed concurrently. Progent has an extensive roster of IT and data security experts with the skills needed to carry out the work of containment, operational continuity, and data recovery without interfering with forensic analysis.
Progent has delivered remote and onsite IT services throughout the United States for over 20 years and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's roster of SMEs includes professionals who have been awarded advanced certifications in foundation technology platforms such as Cisco infrastructure, VMware virtualization, and major distributions of Linux. Progent's data security consultants have earned prestigious certifications including CISM, CISSP, and GIAC. (Refer to certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also offers guidance in financial management and ERP application software. This scope of expertise allows Progent to identify and integrate the surviving parts of your information system following a ransomware assault and rebuild them rapidly into a functioning system. Progent has collaborated with top cyber insurance carriers including Chubb to help organizations clean up after ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent for Ransomware System Recovery Expertise in Brooklyn
For ransomware recovery consulting in the Brooklyn metro area, phone Progent at 800-462-8800 or see Contact Progent.