Progent's Ransomware Forensics Investigation and Reporting in Brooklyn
Progent's ransomware forensics experts can save the evidence of a ransomware assault and perform a detailed forensics analysis without interfering with the processes related to operational resumption and data restoration. Your Brooklyn organization can utilize Progent's post-attack ransomware forensics report to block future ransomware assaults, assist in the restoration of lost data, and meet insurance carrier and regulatory requirements.
Ransomware forensics involves tracking and describing the ransomware assault's storyline throughout the network from beginning to end. This audit trail of the way a ransomware assault progressed through the network assists you to assess the impact and highlights shortcomings in policies or work habits that should be corrected to avoid future breaches. Forensics is typically given a top priority by the cyber insurance provider and is often required by state and industry regulations. Since forensics can take time, it is essential that other important recovery processes like operational resumption are pursued concurrently. Progent maintains a large team of IT and data security experts with the skills needed to perform activities for containment, operational resumption, and data recovery without disrupting forensic analysis.
Ransomware forensics investigation is time consuming and calls for intimate interaction with the groups assigned to file restoration and, if needed, settlement talks with the ransomware Threat Actor (TA). forensics can require the examination of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object (GPO), AD, DNS, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and core Windows systems to look for changes.
Activities involved with forensics investigation include:
- Detach without shutting off all possibly suspect devices from the system. This may involve closing all RDP ports and Internet facing network-attached storage, modifying admin credentials and user PWs, and configuring 2FA to secure your backups.
- Create forensically valid images of all suspect devices so your data restoration team can get started
- Preserve firewall, virtual private network, and additional critical logs as soon as feasible
- Identify the version of ransomware involved in the assault
- Survey each computer and data store on the network as well as cloud storage for indications of compromise
- Catalog all compromised devices
- Establish the kind of ransomware used in the attack
- Review logs and sessions to determine the time frame of the assault and to identify any potential lateral movement from the originally infected system
- Understand the attack vectors used to carry out the ransomware assault
- Search for the creation of executables surrounding the first encrypted files or network breach
- Parse Outlook PST files
- Analyze attachments
- Extract URLs from email messages and determine whether they are malware
- Provide extensive attack documentation to satisfy your insurance and compliance requirements
- Suggest recommendations to shore up security gaps and enforce workflows that lower the exposure to a future ransomware breach
Progent has delivered remote and onsite network services throughout the U.S. for over two decades and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's roster of subject matter experts includes consultants who have been awarded advanced certifications in foundation technology platforms such as Cisco networking, VMware, and major Linux distros. Progent's cybersecurity consultants have earned prestigious certifications such as CISM, CISSP-ISSAP, and GIAC. (Refer to certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also offers top-tier support in financial and ERP application software. This scope of expertise gives Progent the ability to salvage and consolidate the undamaged pieces of your information system after a ransomware intrusion and rebuild them quickly into a viable network. Progent has collaborated with leading insurance providers like Chubb to help organizations recover from ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Analysis Services in Brooklyn
To learn more information about ways Progent can help your Brooklyn business with ransomware forensics, call 1-800-462-8800 or see Contact Progent.