Progent's Ransomware Forensics Analysis and Reporting Services in Brooklyn
Progent's ransomware forensics experts can save the evidence of a ransomware attack and perform a detailed forensics analysis without disrupting activity related to operational resumption and data restoration. Your Brooklyn business can utilize Progent's post-attack ransomware forensics report to combat subsequent ransomware attacks, validate the restoration of encrypted data, and comply with insurance and governmental mandates.
Ransomware forensics analysis is aimed at discovering and describing the ransomware assault's storyline across the targeted network from start to finish. This history of how a ransomware assault progressed through the network helps you to evaluate the damage and uncovers shortcomings in policies or processes that should be rectified to avoid future break-ins. Forensic analysis is commonly assigned a top priority by the cyber insurance carrier and is often required by government and industry regulations. Because forensic analysis can be time consuming, it is essential that other key recovery processes like operational resumption are executed concurrently. Progent maintains an extensive roster of information technology and cybersecurity experts with the knowledge and experience required to perform the work of containment, business resumption, and data recovery without interfering with forensics.
Ransomware forensics is time consuming and calls for close cooperation with the teams responsible for data restoration and, if needed, payment talks with the ransomware Threat Actor (TA). forensics typically involve the examination of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object (GPO), Active Directory, DNS, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and core Windows systems to check for changes.
Services involved with forensics analysis include:
- Detach but avoid shutting down all possibly impacted devices from the network. This may require closing all Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) ports and Internet connected network-attached storage, changing admin credentials and user PWs, and setting up two-factor authentication to protect backups.
- Copy forensically complete duplicates of all exposed devices so the data restoration group can proceed
- Save firewall, virtual private network, and other critical logs as quickly as possible
- Determine the strain of ransomware involved in the attack
- Survey each computer and data store on the network as well as cloud storage for indications of encryption
- Inventory all encrypted devices
- Determine the kind of ransomware used in the assault
- Review log activity and sessions to determine the timeline of the ransomware assault and to spot any potential sideways migration from the first infected machine
- Understand the attack vectors exploited to perpetrate the ransomware assault
- Look for new executables surrounding the original encrypted files or system breach
- Parse Outlook web archives
- Examine email attachments
- Separate any URLs embedded in email messages and check to see whether they are malicious
- Provide detailed incident documentation to satisfy your insurance carrier and compliance requirements
- List recommended improvements to shore up cybersecurity vulnerabilities and enforce workflows that reduce the exposure to a future ransomware breach
Progent has provided remote and on-premises network services across the United States for over 20 years and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's team of SMEs includes professionals who have been awarded high-level certifications in foundation technologies including Cisco infrastructure, VMware, and major distributions of Linux. Progent's cybersecurity experts have earned internationally recognized certifications including CISM, CISSP, and GIAC. (See Progent's certifications). Progent also has guidance in financial management and Enterprise Resource Planning application software. This broad array of skills gives Progent the ability to salvage and integrate the undamaged pieces of your information system following a ransomware intrusion and rebuild them rapidly into a functioning network. Progent has worked with top cyber insurance carriers like Chubb to help organizations recover from ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Expertise in Brooklyn
To learn more about ways Progent can assist your Brooklyn business with ransomware forensics analysis, call 1-800-462-8800 or see Contact Progent.