Progent's Ransomware Forensics Analysis and Reporting in Brooklyn
Progent's ransomware forensics experts can save the evidence of a ransomware assault and perform a comprehensive forensics analysis without disrupting the processes required for operational continuity and data restoration. Your Brooklyn business can use Progent's post-attack ransomware forensics documentation to combat future ransomware assaults, assist in the restoration of lost data, and meet insurance and regulatory reporting requirements.
Ransomware forensics analysis is aimed at tracking and documenting the ransomware attack's progress across the network from start to finish. This history of the way a ransomware assault travelled through the network helps you to assess the impact and highlights weaknesses in policies or processes that should be corrected to avoid future breaches. Forensics is typically given a top priority by the insurance carrier and is often mandated by state and industry regulations. Since forensics can be time consuming, it is critical that other key activities such as operational resumption are performed in parallel. Progent has a large team of information technology and cybersecurity professionals with the knowledge and experience needed to perform the work of containment, business resumption, and data restoration without interfering with forensic analysis.
Ransomware forensics is complex and calls for close interaction with the teams responsible for file cleanup and, if needed, settlement negotiation with the ransomware Threat Actor (TA). forensics typically require the review of all logs, registry, GPO, Active Directory (AD), DNS servers, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and basic Windows systems to detect changes.
Activities involved with forensics include:
- Detach without shutting down all potentially affected devices from the system. This may require closing all Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) ports and Internet facing network-attached storage, changing admin credentials and user passwords, and configuring 2FA to protect your backups.
- Copy forensically valid digital images of all suspect devices so your data restoration team can get started
- Preserve firewall, VPN, and other key logs as quickly as feasible
- Determine the kind of ransomware used in the attack
- Examine each computer and data store on the system as well as cloud storage for indications of encryption
- Catalog all encrypted devices
- Establish the kind of ransomware used in the assault
- Review log activity and user sessions in order to establish the time frame of the attack and to spot any potential lateral migration from the originally compromised machine
- Understand the attack vectors used to perpetrate the ransomware assault
- Search for the creation of executables surrounding the original encrypted files or system compromise
- Parse Outlook PST files
- Analyze attachments
- Separate any URLs from email messages and determine whether they are malicious
- Provide extensive incident documentation to satisfy your insurance and compliance mandates
- Suggest recommendations to shore up cybersecurity gaps and improve processes that lower the risk of a future ransomware breach
Progent has delivered remote and onsite IT services across the United States for more than 20 years and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's roster of subject matter experts (SBEs) includes consultants who have been awarded high-level certifications in core technology platforms including Cisco networking, VMware virtualization, and popular distributions of Linux. Progent's data security experts have earned prestigious certifications including CISA, CISSP-ISSAP, and GIAC. (See certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also offers guidance in financial and ERP application software. This scope of skills gives Progent the ability to identify and consolidate the surviving pieces of your network after a ransomware assault and rebuild them rapidly into a viable system. Progent has collaborated with leading insurance providers like Chubb to help organizations recover from ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Services in Brooklyn
To find out more information about ways Progent can assist your Brooklyn organization with ransomware forensics investigation, call 1-800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.