Overview of Progent's Ransomware Forensics Analysis and Reporting in Broomfield
Progent's ransomware forensics consultants can save the system state after a ransomware assault and perform a comprehensive forensics investigation without slowing down the processes required for operational continuity and data recovery. Your Broomfield organization can utilize Progent's forensics documentation to combat subsequent ransomware assaults, validate the restoration of lost data, and comply with insurance and regulatory mandates.
Ransomware forensics investigation is aimed at determining and describing the ransomware assault's storyline across the targeted network from start to finish. This audit trail of the way a ransomware assault travelled through the network assists you to evaluate the impact and highlights weaknesses in policies or work habits that should be rectified to prevent future breaches. Forensic analysis is typically given a high priority by the cyber insurance provider and is typically mandated by government and industry regulations. Because forensics can take time, it is vital that other important activities like business continuity are executed concurrently. Progent maintains a large roster of information technology and security experts with the knowledge and experience required to carry out activities for containment, operational continuity, and data recovery without interfering with forensics.
Ransomware forensics investigation is complex and requires intimate interaction with the groups responsible for data restoration and, if needed, settlement discussions with the ransomware Threat Actor (TA). forensics can require the examination of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object (GPO), Active Directory, DNS, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and basic Windows systems to look for anomalies.
Services involved with forensics investigation include:
- Isolate without shutting down all possibly affected devices from the system. This may involve closing all RDP ports and Internet facing NAS storage, changing admin credentials and user PWs, and setting up two-factor authentication to guard backups.
- Capture forensically sound images of all exposed devices so your file recovery team can get started
- Save firewall, VPN, and additional key logs as soon as possible
- Establish the strain of ransomware used in the attack
- Survey every machine and data store on the system including cloud-hosted storage for signs of compromise
- Catalog all compromised devices
- Establish the type of ransomware used in the assault
- Review log activity and user sessions in order to determine the time frame of the attack and to identify any possible lateral migration from the first infected machine
- Identify the security gaps exploited to carry out the ransomware attack
- Search for new executables associated with the first encrypted files or system breach
- Parse Outlook web archives
- Examine email attachments
- Separate URLs from email messages and determine whether they are malicious
- Produce extensive attack reporting to meet your insurance carrier and compliance requirements
- Suggest recommendations to shore up security gaps and improve workflows that lower the risk of a future ransomware breach
Progent has delivered online and on-premises network services across the United States for over 20 years and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's roster of subject matter experts includes consultants who have been awarded advanced certifications in core technology platforms including Cisco networking, VMware, and major Linux distros. Progent's cybersecurity experts have earned internationally recognized certifications including CISA, CISSP-ISSAP, and CRISC. (Refer to Progent's certifications). Progent also offers top-tier support in financial and Enterprise Resource Planning applications. This breadth of expertise allows Progent to identify and integrate the undamaged parts of your information system after a ransomware assault and rebuild them rapidly into an operational network. Progent has collaborated with top cyber insurance providers like Chubb to assist organizations recover from ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Services in Broomfield
To learn more about how Progent can help your Broomfield organization with ransomware forensics, call 1-800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.