Overview of Progent's Ransomware Forensics Analysis and Reporting Services in Broomfield
Progent's ransomware forensics consultants can save the system state after a ransomware assault and perform a comprehensive forensics investigation without impeding activity related to business resumption and data recovery. Your Broomfield business can utilize Progent's post-attack ransomware forensics documentation to counter subsequent ransomware attacks, validate the recovery of encrypted data, and meet insurance carrier and governmental requirements.
Ransomware forensics involves discovering and describing the ransomware attack's progress throughout the targeted network from start to finish. This audit trail of how a ransomware assault progressed within the network assists you to assess the impact and brings to light weaknesses in security policies or work habits that should be rectified to avoid later break-ins. Forensic analysis is typically given a high priority by the insurance provider and is typically mandated by state and industry regulations. Since forensics can be time consuming, it is essential that other key activities such as business continuity are performed concurrently. Progent has a large team of IT and security professionals with the skills required to carry out activities for containment, business continuity, and data restoration without interfering with forensic analysis.
Ransomware forensics is arduous and calls for intimate cooperation with the teams focused on file recovery and, if needed, settlement negotiation with the ransomware Threat Actor. forensics can involve the examination of logs, registry, GPO, AD, DNS servers, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and core Windows systems to look for anomalies.
Services associated with forensics include:
- Detach without shutting off all potentially impacted devices from the system. This may involve closing all RDP ports and Internet connected network-attached storage, modifying admin credentials and user passwords, and setting up 2FA to secure your backups.
- Capture forensically complete duplicates of all suspect devices so the data recovery group can proceed
- Save firewall, virtual private network, and additional critical logs as soon as feasible
- Determine the type of ransomware involved in the attack
- Survey each computer and data store on the system including cloud storage for signs of compromise
- Inventory all encrypted devices
- Determine the kind of ransomware involved in the attack
- Study log activity and user sessions to establish the time frame of the assault and to identify any potential lateral movement from the originally compromised system
- Identify the security gaps used to carry out the ransomware attack
- Search for the creation of executables surrounding the original encrypted files or system compromise
- Parse Outlook PST files
- Analyze attachments
- Separate URLs from email messages and check to see if they are malicious
- Produce extensive incident documentation to meet your insurance carrier and compliance regulations
- Document recommendations to close security gaps and enforce processes that lower the exposure to a future ransomware exploit
Progent has delivered online and onsite IT services throughout the United States for over 20 years and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's team of subject matter experts (SMEs) includes professionals who have earned high-level certifications in foundation technology platforms such as Cisco networking, VMware, and popular Linux distros. Progent's cybersecurity consultants have earned internationally recognized certifications including CISA, CISSP-ISSAP, and CRISC. (Refer to Progent's certifications). Progent also has guidance in financial and Enterprise Resource Planning applications. This broad array of expertise gives Progent the ability to salvage and consolidate the undamaged parts of your network following a ransomware assault and reconstruct them rapidly into a functioning network. Progent has worked with leading cyber insurance providers including Chubb to help businesses recover from ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Services in Broomfield
To learn more about ways Progent can assist your Broomfield business with ransomware forensics analysis, call 1-800-462-8800 or see Contact Progent.