Progent's Ransomware Forensics and Reporting in Broomfield
Progent's ransomware forensics experts can save the evidence of a ransomware assault and carry out a comprehensive forensics investigation without disrupting the processes related to operational resumption and data recovery. Your Broomfield organization can utilize Progent's forensics report to combat future ransomware attacks, validate the recovery of encrypted data, and meet insurance and governmental requirements.
Ransomware forensics analysis involves tracking and documenting the ransomware attack's storyline across the network from start to finish. This history of the way a ransomware attack progressed within the network assists your IT staff to assess the impact and highlights vulnerabilities in security policies or processes that need to be rectified to prevent future breaches. Forensics is usually assigned a high priority by the insurance provider and is typically mandated by state and industry regulations. Because forensics can take time, it is essential that other important recovery processes like business continuity are pursued in parallel. Progent maintains an extensive roster of information technology and security professionals with the knowledge and experience needed to carry out activities for containment, operational continuity, and data restoration without disrupting forensics.
Ransomware forensics is complex and calls for intimate cooperation with the teams responsible for file recovery and, if necessary, payment talks with the ransomware Threat Actor (TA). forensics can involve the review of all logs, registry, GPO, Active Directory, DNS servers, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and core Windows systems to look for changes.
Services involved with forensics investigation include:
- Isolate without shutting down all potentially impacted devices from the network. This may require closing all Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) ports and Internet connected NAS storage, modifying admin credentials and user PWs, and setting up two-factor authentication to guard backups.
- Capture forensically complete duplicates of all suspect devices so your data recovery group can get started
- Save firewall, VPN, and additional key logs as quickly as possible
- Determine the strain of ransomware involved in the attack
- Survey each computer and storage device on the system as well as cloud storage for indications of encryption
- Catalog all encrypted devices
- Establish the type of ransomware used in the assault
- Review log activity and sessions to determine the timeline of the ransomware assault and to identify any possible lateral migration from the first compromised machine
- Identify the attack vectors used to carry out the ransomware assault
- Look for new executables associated with the original encrypted files or system breach
- Parse Outlook PST files
- Examine email attachments
- Separate any URLs embedded in email messages and determine whether they are malicious
- Provide extensive attack documentation to meet your insurance and compliance regulations
- List recommended improvements to shore up security vulnerabilities and improve workflows that lower the exposure to a future ransomware exploit
Progent has delivered online and on-premises IT services across the U.S. for over two decades and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's roster of subject matter experts includes consultants who have been awarded advanced certifications in core technology platforms such as Cisco networking, VMware, and major Linux distros. Progent's data security consultants have earned prestigious certifications including CISM, CISSP, and CRISC. (See certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also has guidance in financial management and Enterprise Resource Planning application software. This broad array of expertise gives Progent the ability to identify and consolidate the undamaged parts of your information system after a ransomware attack and reconstruct them rapidly into a viable network. Progent has worked with top cyber insurance carriers including Chubb to assist businesses recover from ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Services in Broomfield
To learn more information about how Progent can assist your Broomfield business with ransomware forensics analysis, call 1-800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.