Overview of Progent's Ransomware Forensics Analysis and Reporting Services in Broomfield
Progent's ransomware forensics consultants can preserve the system state after a ransomware attack and carry out a comprehensive forensics investigation without slowing down the processes required for operational continuity and data recovery. Your Broomfield organization can utilize Progent's ransomware forensics documentation to combat subsequent ransomware attacks, validate the cleanup of encrypted data, and comply with insurance and regulatory reporting requirements.
Ransomware forensics is aimed at tracking and describing the ransomware attack's storyline across the network from beginning to end. This audit trail of how a ransomware assault progressed through the network helps you to assess the damage and uncovers gaps in security policies or work habits that should be corrected to avoid future break-ins. Forensic analysis is usually assigned a high priority by the insurance carrier and is often mandated by state and industry regulations. Because forensics can be time consuming, it is critical that other important activities such as operational continuity are executed in parallel. Progent has a large team of information technology and data security professionals with the skills needed to carry out the work of containment, business continuity, and data restoration without disrupting forensic analysis.
Ransomware forensics investigation is time consuming and requires intimate cooperation with the teams focused on data recovery and, if necessary, settlement negotiation with the ransomware hacker. forensics typically involve the review of all logs, registry, GPO, AD, DNS, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and core Windows systems to detect changes.
Services involved with forensics analysis include:
- Disconnect but avoid shutting off all potentially affected devices from the system. This may involve closing all Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) ports and Internet facing NAS storage, changing admin credentials and user passwords, and implementing two-factor authentication to protect your backups.
- Capture forensically valid images of all exposed devices so your file recovery group can get started
- Save firewall, virtual private network, and additional critical logs as soon as possible
- Identify the variety of ransomware used in the assault
- Inspect every computer and storage device on the network including cloud-hosted storage for signs of encryption
- Catalog all encrypted devices
- Establish the type of ransomware involved in the assault
- Review logs and sessions in order to determine the timeline of the ransomware attack and to spot any possible sideways movement from the first compromised system
- Understand the security gaps used to carry out the ransomware attack
- Search for new executables surrounding the original encrypted files or system breach
- Parse Outlook web archives
- Examine email attachments
- Separate URLs embedded in messages and check to see whether they are malicious
- Provide detailed attack documentation to meet your insurance carrier and compliance regulations
- Suggest recommendations to close cybersecurity gaps and improve processes that reduce the risk of a future ransomware breach
Progent has delivered remote and on-premises network services throughout the United States for more than two decades and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's roster of subject matter experts includes professionals who have earned advanced certifications in core technologies including Cisco infrastructure, VMware, and popular Linux distros. Progent's data security experts have earned prestigious certifications such as CISM, CISSP-ISSAP, and GIAC. (See certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also offers guidance in financial and ERP applications. This breadth of expertise allows Progent to salvage and integrate the undamaged parts of your network after a ransomware intrusion and reconstruct them rapidly into a functioning system. Progent has worked with leading insurance carriers like Chubb to assist organizations clean up after ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Investigation Expertise in Broomfield
To learn more information about how Progent can help your Broomfield organization with ransomware forensics analysis, call 1-800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.