Ransomware Hot Line: 800-462-8800
24x7 Remote Help from a Senior Ransomware Consultant
Ransomware requires time to steal its way across a network. For this reason, ransomware attacks are commonly unleashed on weekends and at night, when IT personnel are likely to be slower to become aware of a penetration and are less able to mount a quick and forceful defense. The more lateral movement ransomware is able to manage within a victim's network, the longer it will require to restore basic operations and damaged files and the more information can be exfiltrated to the dark web.
Progent's Ransomware Hot Line is intended to assist you to take the urgent first phase in responding to a ransomware assault by containing the malware. Progent's remote ransomware experts can help businesses in the Broomfield metro area to locate and isolate breached servers and endpoints and guard clean assets from being penetrated.
If your system has been breached by any strain of ransomware, don't panic. Get immediate help by calling Progent's Ransomware Hot Line at 800-462-8800.
Progent's Ransomware Recovery Expertise Available in Broomfield
Modern strains of crypto-ransomware like Ryuk, Maze, Netwalker, and Nephilim encrypt online data and invade any accessible backups. Data synched to the cloud can also be corrupted. For a poorly defended environment, this can make system recovery nearly impossible and effectively sets the datacenter back to square one. Threat Actors (TAs), the hackers behind a ransomware attack, insist on a ransom payment for the decryption tools required to unlock scrambled files. Ransomware attacks also try to steal (or "exfiltrate") information and TAs require an extra payment for not publishing this information on the dark web. Even if you are able to restore your system to an acceptable point in time, exfiltration can be a major problem according to the sensitivity of the stolen information.
The restoration process after a ransomware penetration has a number of distinct stages, most of which can proceed concurrently if the recovery team has a sufficient number of people with the required experience.
- Containment: This urgent initial step involves blocking the lateral progress of ransomware across your network. The longer a ransomware attack is permitted to run unchecked, the more complex and more costly the restoration process. Recognizing this, Progent maintains a 24x7 Ransomware Hotline monitored by seasoned ransomware response experts. Quarantine processes consist of isolating affected endpoint devices from the rest of network to restrict the spread, documenting the environment, and protecting entry points.
- Operational continuity: This involves bringing back the network to a basic acceptable degree of capability with the shortest possible delay. This process is usually the top priority for the targets of the ransomware attack, who often perceive it to be a life-or-death issue for their business. This activity also requires the broadest array of technical abilities that span domain controllers, DHCP servers, physical and virtual machines, desktops, laptops and mobile phones, databases, office and line-of-business apps, network architecture, and safe endpoint access. Progent's ransomware recovery team uses state-of-the-art collaboration tools to coordinate the multi-faceted recovery effort. Progent appreciates the urgency of working rapidly, tirelessly, and in concert with a client's management and IT group to prioritize tasks and to get vital services on line again as fast as possible.
- Data recovery: The work necessary to recover files damaged by a ransomware attack depends on the state of the network, the number of files that are encrypted, and which restore methods are needed. Ransomware attacks can take down key databases which, if not carefully shut down, might have to be rebuilt from scratch. This can apply to DNS and Active Directory (AD) databases. Exchange and SQL Server depend on AD, and many ERP and other business-critical applications depend on SQL Server. Often some detective work may be needed to find undamaged data. For instance, non-encrypted OST files may have survived on staff desktop computers and notebooks that were off line at the time of the ransomware assault. Progent's Altaro VM Backup experts can assist you to deploy immutability for cloud object storage, enabling tamper-proof data while under the defined policy so that backup data cannot be modified or deleted by any user including administrators or root users. This adds an extra level of security and restoration ability in the event of a successful ransomware attack.
- Deploying advanced antivirus/ransomware defense: ProSight ASM incorporates SentinelOne's machine learning technology to give small and medium-sized companies the benefits of the identical anti-virus tools implemented by some of the world's biggest corporations such as Netflix, Visa, and Salesforce. By providing real-time malware filtering, detection, mitigation, recovery and forensics in one integrated platform, ProSight ASM reduces TCO, streamlines management, and expedites resumption of operations. SentinelOne's next-generation endpoint protection (NGEP) built into in ProSight Active Security Monitoring was ranked by Gartner Group as the "most visionary Endpoint Protection Platform (EPP)." Progent is a SentinelOne Partner, dealer, and integrator. Find out about Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring endpoint protection and ransomware recovery with SentinelOne technology.
- Negotiation with the threat actor (TA): Progent is experienced in negotiating settlements with threat actors. This calls for close co-operation with the victim and the insurance provider, if there is one. Services consist of determining the kind of ransomware involved in the assault; identifying and establishing communications the hacker; testing decryption tool; budgeting a settlement amount with the ransomware victim and the insurance provider; establishing a settlement and timeline with the TA; confirming adherence to anti-money laundering (AML) sanctions; carrying out the crypto-currency payment to the TA; acquiring, learning, and operating the decryption utility; troubleshooting failed files; building a clean environment; mapping and connecting datastores to match exactly their pre-encryption state; and restoring physical and virtual devices and services.
- Forensic analysis: This process is aimed at uncovering the ransomware assault's storyline throughout the targeted network from beginning to end. This audit trail of how a ransomware assault travelled within the network helps you to assess the impact and brings to light gaps in rules or work habits that should be corrected to avoid later breaches. Forensics entails the review of all logs, registry, GPO, Active Directory, DNS servers, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and basic Windows systems to look for anomalies. Forensic analysis is typically assigned a high priority by the cyber insurance provider. Since forensic analysis can take time, it is vital that other key recovery processes such as business continuity are performed in parallel. Progent maintains a large team of information technology and security professionals with the knowledge and experience required to perform the work of containment, operational continuity, and data recovery without interfering with forensic analysis.
Progent has delivered remote and on-premises IT services throughout the United States for over two decades and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's team of subject matter experts includes consultants who have been awarded advanced certifications in core technology platforms including Cisco networking, VMware, and major distributions of Linux. Progent's cybersecurity consultants have earned internationally recognized certifications including CISA, CISSP, and CRISC. (Refer to Progent's certifications). Progent also has top-tier support in financial management and Enterprise Resource Planning application software. This broad array of skills gives Progent the ability to identify and integrate the undamaged pieces of your information system following a ransomware intrusion and reconstruct them rapidly into an operational network. Progent has collaborated with leading cyber insurance carriers like Chubb to assist organizations clean up after ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent for Ransomware System Restoration Services in Broomfield
For ransomware cleanup consulting in the Broomfield area, call Progent at 800-462-8800 or go to Contact Progent.