Ransomware Hot Line: 800-462-8800
24x7 Remote Help from a Top-tier Ransomware Consultant
Ransomware requires time to steal its way across a target network. For this reason, ransomware assaults are commonly launched on weekends and at night, when IT staff may take longer to become aware of a penetration and are least able to mount a quick and coordinated defense. The more lateral progress ransomware can make within a target's system, the longer it will require to restore core operations and damaged files and the more data can be exfiltrated to the dark web.
Progent's Ransomware Hot Line is designed to assist you to carry out the time-critical first phase in responding to a ransomware assault by containing the malware. Progent's remote ransomware experts can help businesses in the Broomfield area to identify and isolate infected servers and endpoints and guard clean resources from being compromised.
If your system has been penetrated by any version of ransomware, act fast. Get immediate help by calling Progent's Ransomware Hot Line at 800-462-8800.
Progent's Ransomware Response Expertise Offered in Broomfield
Current strains of crypto-ransomware like Ryuk, Maze, Netwalker, and Nephilim encrypt online data and attack any accessible backups. Data synchronized to the cloud can also be impacted. For a vulnerable environment, this can make system restoration nearly impossible and effectively knocks the IT system back to the beginning. So-called Threat Actors, the cybercriminals responsible for ransomware attack, demand a settlement payment in exchange for the decryption tools needed to unlock encrypted data. Ransomware attacks also try to steal (or "exfiltrate") information and hackers demand an additional settlement for not posting this data on the dark web. Even if you are able to rollback your system to an acceptable date in time, exfiltration can pose a big problem according to the nature of the downloaded information.
The recovery work after a ransomware attack involves several distinct stages, the majority of which can proceed concurrently if the recovery workgroup has enough people with the necessary skill sets.
- Quarantine: This time-critical initial response involves arresting the lateral spread of ransomware within your IT system. The more time a ransomware attack is allowed to go unchecked, the more complex and more costly the recovery effort. Because of this, Progent maintains a 24x7 Ransomware Hotline staffed by veteran ransomware recovery engineers. Quarantine processes include cutting off infected endpoints from the rest of network to restrict the spread, documenting the environment, and protecting entry points.
- Operational continuity: This involves bringing back the network to a minimal acceptable level of functionality with the shortest possible delay. This effort is typically the highest priority for the targets of the ransomware attack, who often see it as a life-or-death issue for their company. This project also requires the broadest range of IT abilities that cover domain controllers, DHCP servers, physical and virtual servers, desktops, notebooks and mobile phones, databases, office and mission-critical apps, network topology, and secure endpoint access. Progent's ransomware recovery team uses state-of-the-art workgroup platforms to coordinate the complex restoration effort. Progent appreciates the urgency of working quickly, continuously, and in unison with a customer's management and IT staff to prioritize activity and to get critical services on line again as quickly as feasible.
- Data recovery: The effort necessary to recover data damaged by a ransomware assault varies according to the condition of the network, how many files are affected, and which recovery methods are needed. Ransomware attacks can destroy critical databases which, if not properly shut down, may need to be rebuilt from scratch. This can include DNS and AD databases. Exchange and Microsoft SQL Server depend on AD, and many financial and other mission-critical platforms depend on SQL Server. Some detective work may be required to locate clean data. For example, undamaged Outlook Email Offline Folder Files may exist on employees' PCs and laptops that were off line during the attack. Progent's Altaro VM Backup experts can assist you to utilize immutable backup for cloud storage, allowing tamper-proof data while under the defined policy so that backup data cannot be modified or deleted by anyone including root users. Immutable storage provides another level of protection and recoverability in the event of a ransomware breach.
- Setting up modern AV/ransomware protection: Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring incorporates SentinelOne's machine learning technology to give small and mid-sized businesses the advantages of the identical anti-virus technology deployed by some of the world's largest enterprises such as Walmart, Citi, and NASDAQ. By delivering real-time malware filtering, classification, mitigation, recovery and forensics in one integrated platform, Progent's ProSight ASM lowers TCO, streamlines administration, and expedites resumption of operations. SentinelOne's next-generation endpoint protection (NGEP) built into in Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring was ranked by Gartner Group as the industry's "most visionary Endpoint Protection Platform (EPP)." Progent is a SentinelOne Partner, reseller, and integrator. Find out about Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring next-generation endpoint protection and ransomware recovery with SentinelOne technology.
- Negotiation with the threat actor (TA): Progent is experienced in negotiating ransom settlements with threat actors. This calls for close co-operation with the victim and the insurance carrier, if there is one. Activities consist of establishing the kind of ransomware used in the attack; identifying and making contact with the hacker persona; testing decryption capabilities; deciding on a settlement with the ransomware victim and the cyber insurance carrier; establishing a settlement and schedule with the hacker; checking compliance with anti-money laundering sanctions; overseeing the crypto-currency transfer to the hacker; receiving, learning, and using the decryption tool; debugging decryption problems; building a clean environment; mapping and connecting drives to reflect exactly their pre-attack state; and recovering machines and services.
- Forensic analysis: This activity involves uncovering the ransomware assault's progress throughout the network from start to finish. This history of the way a ransomware assault progressed within the network assists you to assess the impact and brings to light gaps in policies or processes that should be corrected to prevent later breaches. Forensics involves the examination of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object (GPO), AD, DNS, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and core Windows systems to detect variations. Forensics is usually given a high priority by the cyber insurance carrier. Because forensic analysis can be time consuming, it is vital that other important recovery processes like operational resumption are performed concurrently. Progent has a large roster of IT and data security professionals with the skills needed to carry out the work of containment, business continuity, and data recovery without interfering with forensic analysis.
Progent has provided remote and on-premises network services throughout the U.S. for over 20 years and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's team of subject matter experts includes professionals who have earned advanced certifications in foundation technologies including Cisco infrastructure, VMware, and popular Linux distros. Progent's cybersecurity experts have earned internationally recognized certifications including CISA, CISSP-ISSAP, and GIAC. (Refer to Progent's certifications). Progent also offers top-tier support in financial and Enterprise Resource Planning applications. This scope of skills allows Progent to identify and integrate the surviving pieces of your information system after a ransomware intrusion and reconstruct them rapidly into a viable network. Progent has collaborated with top cyber insurance carriers like Chubb to assist businesses clean up after ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent for Ransomware Recovery Consulting in Broomfield
For ransomware system recovery expertise in the Broomfield area, phone Progent at 800-462-8800 or see Contact Progent.