Enlarging your telecommuter workforce can have a major impact on IT architecture, security/compliance, and corporate processes. Progent has 20 years of experience assisting small and mid-size businesses to plan, deploy, manage, optimize, and debug IT environments that incorporate work-from-home employees. Progent can help your Broomfield organization to pick the appropriate tools and follow best practices in building and operating a secure virtual office solution for telecommuters that promotes teamwork and delivers maximum value. Progent can provide services ranging from on demand guidance for getting you past challenging IT bottlenecks to comprehensive project management to help you carry out mission-critical initiatives.
Progent can assist Broomfield, Colorado companies to succeed with any aspect of building a high-functioning work-at-home environment by delivering network infrastructure design and configuration services, VoIP PBX troubleshooting, video conferencing support, collaboration platform customization and training, cloud connectivity, helpdesk outsourcing, data security, data protection solutions, and streamlined management.
Network Infrastructure for a Remote Workforce
Configuring the physical and software infrastructure needed for a remote workforce can be particularly complex if you must manage a combination of personal hardware like PCs and notebooks, Internet routers, and Wi-Fi appliances from various manufacturers and with a variety of operating systems and firmware releases. Progent's experience providing remote support for both outdated as well as current technologies in virtual office solutions allows you to make efficient use of your existing network infrastructure and provides you with ready access to expertise for implement essential updates. Support services offered by Progent to help your company to create a high-functioning work-at-home infrastructure include:
- VPN technology allows you to create a safe connection for authorized at-home workers to access IT resources situated at your corporate data center or in a public cloud. Progent's consultants can help you to configure and manage VPN access between your at-home workforce and your various network resources by providing online VPN integration consulting. For businesses using Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco ASA experts can help your at-home workers to utilize Cisco's popular AnyConnect software for safe VPN tunneling for a wide selection of devices such as Microsoft Windows, macOS, Apple iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure platforms enable an at-home worker to view and interact with a data center PC's desktop. This gives network managers more control over the computing ecosystem of at-home employees and offers remote users a consistent and more productive experience. Progent's VDI services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops expertise.
- Routers connect at-home networks to the Internet and typically support VPN connections, local wireless networks, and firewalls. Progent can provide expert remote support for deploying home routers from a variety of manufacturers. See router integration support from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, typically supporting the whole family and visitors, are frequently utilized by at-home employees to access their router for work. This can create throughput as well as security problems. Progent can assist businesses to resolve these issues by delivering expertise like Cisco Aironet integration consulting, Cisco Meraki WiFi deployment expertise, and Ubiquiti wireless AP setup assistance.
- Internet connectivity solutions impact the speed and reliability of connections between at-home workers and the corporate data center. Line-of-business processes may require redundant Internet access in the event the normal connection fails. Progent offers expertise for identifying Internet service providers, selecting appropriate service bundles, and setting up redundant Internet connections. See Internet access integration services.
VoIP Integration for Remote Workers
Expanding the corporate PBX system to include teleworkers is vital to maintaining a productive at-home workforce. A broad range of cloud-based VoIP platforms are popular with SMBs to server telecommuters. Many enterprises rely on Cisco's modern or older platforms for VoIP management. Progent can assist businesses of any size to design or tune a telecommuter VoIP environment that delivers the versatility, convenience and protection required for telecommuters. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice consultants offer high-level support to assist businesses optimize their existing Cisco IP voice environments to handle a growing at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM or CUCM) extends enterprise telephony features to devices like IP phones, media processing platforms, VoIP gateways, and mixed media applications deployed across the network. CUCM manages additional mixed media services such as messaging, video conferencing, and customer interaction networks. For more information about Progent's Cisco Unified CM or CUCM support, visit Cisco Unified CM consulting services.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing agent and has been superseded by Cisco Unified CM. Progent's consultants can help your company to support your existing CallManager deployment or upgrade efficiently to Cisco's modern IP telephony solutions. To find out about Progent's expertise for CallManager and Cisco's other legacy IP voice platforms, see CallManager expertise.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide integration with PSTN networks and with users working beyond the corporate perimeter
such as telecommuters. Progent can provide expert support for Cisco's legacy IP gateways such as the UC520, UC540 and UC560 products and for modern Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway configuration expertise.
- Additional VoIP Products supported by Progent include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can assist you to expand your WAN architecture to support these solutions and deliver on-demand configuration and troubleshooting services.
Voice/Video Conferencing for At-Home Workers
A wide selection of video conferencing products from major technology companies support virtual meetings, video and voice conferencing, chat sessions, and content sharing for both local workers and at-home workers. Many organizations use multiple conferencing products to meet the needs of their various partners and customers. Progent's communications experts can help your organization to maintain your existing conferencing ecosystem and optimize the experience of your remote employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading unified communications product that supports real-time presence, instant messaging, audio and video calling and conferencing as well as the seamless integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software such as PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent offers the skills of Microsoft-certified consultants who can assist you to deploy and maintain Skype for Business client software to accommodate your at-home employees. For details about Progent's support services for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business integration experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video phone app for compatible iOS and macOS devices. FaceTime runs on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Newer editions of FaceTime support up to 32 concurrent users for voice/video calls. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Apple FaceTime, refer to Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports remote conferencing for virtually all desktop or mobile devices. Delivered via Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex capabilities include sharing specific content or computer screens, presentations that incorporate rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint, session recording, plus revision and playback for future reference and training. For details about Progent's support expertise for Cisco Webex and for other video conferencing solutions from Cisco, visit Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a hub for conversations, contacts, and content with features that include IP voice and video conferencing, persistent chat, plus file sharing. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Teams and for other Microsoft 365 apps, refer to Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Conferencing Apps supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver configuration and troubleshooting services for these products and
assist you to tune your WAN infrastructure to host them.
Microsoft Collaboration Platforms for Teleworkers
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are closely integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office and Microsoft 365 suites, providing a powerful ecosystem of applications that deliver a cohesive user interface for exchanging information throughout multiple sites and on a broad range of endpoints. Progent has delivered remote consulting services for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange Server since their original publication and can help businesses to deploy these flagship collaboration products to optimize the productivity of your at-home workforce.
SharePoint utilizes web sites to allow collaboration and information delivery by offering policy-driven access to content, workflow, and utilities for searching through enterprise-wide business data. SharePoint allows you to create secure portals that permits at-home workforce to see and update consolidated corporate intelligence by means of Wikis, Blogs, social web sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). To learn about Progent's SharePoint consulting services, see SharePoint integration and development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To find out about Progent's Exchange consulting expertise, refer to planning and configuration consulting for Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoft's shared cloud-based storage service, similar to GoogleDrive. At-home users can store files to the OneDrive service, and co-workers anywhere can share them securely via a browser. Included with Office and Microsoft 365, OneDrive allows at-home employees to co-edit documents. Revisions made offline are automatically uploaded when you go back online. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for OneDrive, see Onedrive integration experts.
Public Cloud Integration Services for Teleworkers
Progent can provide affordable remote assistance for helping organizations to create, manage and repair integrated hybrid network models that incorporate internal data centers, remote workers, branches, plus cloud resources. Progent offers top-tier consultant for all types of cloud service delivery such as Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help remote workers resolve problems with cloud connectivity, authentication, and security.
Azure is a popular platform for public cloud services that allows you to utilize infrastructure, servers, and key applications running on Microsoft's massive cloud. Azure includes over 100 cloud-based services including the ability to host Windows and Linux-based VMs, on-demand cloud storage, messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and backup/restore. Progent can assist your organization to deploy virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity management with Azure AD, and design backup and recovery systems with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also help you establish secure access to Azure for remote workers by setting up and troubleshooting firewall appliances and VPN tunnels. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Azure, refer to Microsoft Azure consulting services.
Microsoft 365, formerly called Office 365, is Microsoft's popular family of business productivity applications and cloud-based services offered by subscription. Microsoft apps and cloud services are provided in a variety of bundles designed for users ranging from students and households to major enterprises. Progent offers fast and affordable online contact with consultants familiar with Microsoft 365-compatible endpoint devices based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent's experts can help your business to evaluate the numerous subscription bundles available for Microsoft 365 and configure 365 applications for your telecommuters in a way that delivers top business value. For information about Progent's expertise for Microsoft 365, refer to Microsoft 365 consulting expertise.
Exchange Online is among the most popular cloud-based applications in Azure-hosted Microsoft 365 product line. Microsoft 365 Exchange Online offers the benefits of lower costs for physical infrastructure, easier management, on-demand scaling, high reliability, and other advantages associated with cloud computing. Microsoft has engineered Microsoft 365 Exchange Online to operate transparently with local deployments of Exchange, enabling you to create hybrid information systems. Progent's Exchange experts can provide occasional assistance to guide you past tough IT bottlenecks and also offer comprehensive project management outsourcing to ensure your remote workers have easy and safe access to your Exchange Online deployment. For information Progent's expertise for Exchange Online, refer to Microsoft 365 Exchange Online configuration and support expertise.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a trailblazer in the public cloud market and is the industry's top source of cloud services. Progent offers quick and affordable online contact with cloud connectivity experts who can help your organization to plan, deploy, maintain, and troubleshoot hybrid information networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud services with on-premises resources and with other public clouds like Azure. Progent also offers the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to assist your company to create a high-availability network model to make sure your users have a productive computing experience whether they are working from your headquarters, a branch office, from home, or on the move. To find out about Progent's support services for Amazon AWS, see Amazon AWS integration support.
Google Cloud (GCP) is a leading suite of public cloud services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can assist you to extend your current IT assets with the Google Cloud, and Progent's database experts can help you make your critical applications cloud friendly so your telecommuters can take full advantage of Google Cloud Platform services. Progent can assist your business to set up virtual machines on GCP Compute Engine, design a cost-effective storage system with Google Cloud Storage services, and simplify access control for remote workers with Google Cloud Identity. Progent's consultants can also help your organization to utilize GCP's unified management technology to control and track your GCP ecosystem. For details, refer to Google Cloud Platform (GCP) consulting expertise.
Help Desk Call Center Services for Telecommuters
An emergency, organization-wide changeover to a from-home workforce, which might be motivated by an epidemic or as an element of a disaster recovery process, can overstretch even a high-performing in-house Help Desk. Progent's Help Desk Call Center services make it possible for organizations of any size to outsource or expand their Call Center with Progent's online Technical Response Center (TRC) team.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk Call Center support services utilize Progent's nationwide team of remote IT support specialists combined with world-class trouble ticketing and tracking technology to offer an affordable, advanced Help Desk Call Center. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer a comprehensive solution that handles all aspects of online Level 1 desktop support from initial service requests through trouble ticket generation, screen sharing, problem resolution, and reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal allows teleworkers to monitor or revise the status of their current trouble tickets, add information, and append screen captures and attachments. Technical support services are delivered at a significant discount off Progent's normal Level 1 desktop service charges, and Progent makes available the option of fast hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 support experts to deal with advanced problems. For details, go to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small businesses.
- Progent's Call Desk Augmentation Service enables your business to expand your existing Help Desk Call Center staff by splitting delivery of Support Desk services transparently between your regular IT support personnel and Progent's extensive team of PC support technicians and subject matter experts. Progent's shared Help Desk service is based on a collaborative support model based on the leading professional services automation platform for managing service requests and trouble tickets, establishing responsibility, monitoring progress, and generating reports. To find out how Progent's Call Center Augmentation Services can enable your business to provide world-class desktop support to your from-home workers, see Progent's Call Center supplementation Services.
Cybersecurity for Telecommuters
Work-from-Home (WFH) staff members commonly utilize their own computers and usually work in an unsecured physical area. This situation multiplies their vulnerability to malware threats and calls for careful configuration of firewalls, AV tools, MFA-based identity verification, remote monitoring, intensive end-user training, and the development of security policies built on best practices. Progent's veteran team of data security solutions experts can assist your business to design, configure and maintain a compliant security solution that protects vital information assets in environments that incorporate at-home workers.
Firewalls allow you to create a network that can be safely accessed by on-premises users as well as by at-home workers, mobile employees, suppliers, customers, and other stakeholders. Modern firewall appliances allow you to assign and control different access rights to various classes of users and to scale your network and adjust your security as your company evolves and as network attacks grow more complex. Progent supports both new and legacy firewall appliances from all leading manufacturers including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. To find out more about Progent's firewall support expertise, go to firewall integration and support expertise.
Online Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it possible to watch over the disparate devices used by at-home workers and either block or spot and mitigate modern cyber attacks such as ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a lightweight agent is put on each secured endpoint, monitoring all activity and using advanced AI technology from SentinelOne to detect zero-day attacks at inception. When an attack is spotted, ProSight Active Security Monitoring immediately disconnects the targeted device from the network to contain the threat. Since the ProSight ASM agent is self-contained, endpoint devices stay secure even if they are disconnected from the Internet. Progent is a SentinelOne Partner, dealer, and integrator. For more information about ProSight ASM, go to remote endpoint security monitoring for telecommuters.
Progent's Duo authentication managed services incorporate Cisco's Duo cloud technology to protect against password theft through the use of two-factor authentication. Duo enables single-tap identity confirmation with iOS, Google Android, and other out-of-band devices. Using Duo 2FA, whenever you sign into a secured application and give your password you are requested to verify your identity on a unit that only you possess and that uses a different network channel. A wide range of out-of-band devices can be used as this second form of ID validation such as an iPhone or Android or watch, a hardware token, a landline phone, etc. You can designate several validation devices. To find out more about Duo two-factor identity authentication services, visit Cisco Duo MFA two-factor authentication (2FA) services for an at-home workforce.
Security Audits can assess the exposure of your information system to all types of outside and internal security attacks for an environment that includes remote workers. Progent can run remote, automated security inventory scanning for quickly and economically detecting a broad range of security holes that can be found via the Internet. Progent's security assessment consulting services, which can be provided by security professionals with top certifications such as CISM, CISSP, and GIAC, can help you to evaluate your procedures and policies and review your WAN infrastructure to enable you to design the highest level of protection for your remote workers.
Download White Paper: Protecting a Work-From-Home (WFH) Environment
To read or download a white paper about critical things to focus on for protecting a network that supports telecommuters, click:
Protecting a Work-From-Home Network White Paper. (PDF - 2.4 MB)
Data Protection for At-Home Workers
The field of Data Protection involves backing up and recovering critical information so as to avoid data loss and reduce restoration time and effort in the event of storage failures resulting from hardware issues, programming glitches, operator mistakes, cyber attack, or any other reason. Reliable data protection strategies can be especially difficult to architect and manage in hybrid networks that incorporate local data centers, public clouds, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Restore solutions for telecommuters must address multiple types of user-owned endpoint devices. Progent offers fast remote help from consultants familiar with a wide range of platforms for backing up Microsoft Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX servers and desktops as well as laptops, tablets and handhelds. Popular backup/recovery solutions supported by Progent's data protection experts include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Mozy, and Time Machine. To protect data spread across a hybrid network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services, a backup/recovery subscription service that utilizes cloud-based storage and includes fine-grained restore and centralized management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity plans typically envision scenarios that call for a rapid changeover to a work-at-home environment. Progent's expert disaster recovery planning consultants and business continuity planning consultants can assist you to create, document and validate a DR/BC plan that includes the process of moving to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for Telecommuters
Microsoft has rebranded and reshuffled its endpoint management platforms under the title Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud management of remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing onsite endpoints. Microsoft Endpoint Manager offers a centralized solution for safeguarding corporate data by managing local, mobile, and at-home endpoints.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also includes Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and securing mobile devices and software. Managed endpoint devices can be personally owned or company owned. IT admins managing the endpoint computers of teleworkers can utilize Intune to provision and authenticate apps on managed devices, push patches and certificates, set up policies for accessing data and resources, set passwords, establish VPN connections, determine how teleworkers share information, set up threat defense, verify security compliance, and wipe sensitive data from missing, stolen or decommissioned endpoint devices. Microsoft Intune works with iOS/iPadOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS devices. To learn about Microsoft Intune and how Progent can help your company to use this platform to manage the devices of your teleworkers, refer to Intune telecommuter device management experts.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced centralized MDM platform that allows network administrators to keep offsite endpoint devices current and secure. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch for unified endpoint management combined with VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery platform for access control, app management, and configuration management of endpoints. Workspace ONE runs with devices powered by Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-site deployment through a one-time purchase. Top features of Workspace ONE include fast remote deployment of new notebooks, quick onboarding of new employees, policy set up and enforcement for all classes of devices, aggregated management reporting and performance analytics, email encryption, and seamless integration with Microsoft applications and cloud products. For information about Progent's support services for VMware Workspace ONE, go to VMware Workspace ONE remote endpoint management expertise.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Support Services
To contact Progent about building and managing an efficient work-from-home solution for your Broomfield, Colorado organization, phone 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.