Enlarging your remote workforce may have a significant effect on network architecture, security, and corporate culture. Progent has 20 years of experience assisting small and mid-size businesses to plan, configure, administer, tune, and troubleshoot IT networks that support work-from-home employees. Progent can help your Broomfield organization to select the right tools and follow best practices in building and operating a secure virtual solution for telecommuters that promotes teamwork and delivers maximum value. Progent can provide support services that go from on demand expertise for getting you over occasional technical bottlenecks to full project management or co-management to help you carry out mission-critical initiatives.
Progent's consultants can assist Broomfield, Colorado organizations to with any aspect of building a high-performing work-at-home environment by delivering infrastructure configuration services, VoIP PBX expertise, voice/video conferencing integration, collaboration platform selection and deployment, cloud integration, Help Desk services, security monitoring, backup/restore solutions, and unified management.
Network Infrastructure for a Remote Workforce
Setting up the network infrastructure required to support an at-home workforce can be particularly challenging if you must manage a mix of worker-owned hardware such as desktop computers and notebooks, Internet routers, and wireless appliances from various manufacturers and with a variety of OS software and firmware levels. Progent's experience delivering remote support for both legacy and modern technologies in virtual office venues allows you to make efficient use of your existing infrastructure and offers ready access to top-tire consultants for making essential updates. Support services available from Progent to help your company to create a productive telecommuting infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) technology makes it possible to create a safe tunnel for authenticated at-home workers to use IT assets located at your company data center or in a public cloud. Progent can help your company to deploy and manage VPN access between your at-home workforce and your key IT resources by providing remote VPN integration consulting. For organizations with Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco ASA Firewall consultants can assist your remote workers to set up Cisco's AnyConnect software for secure VPN tunneling for a broad selection of endpoint devices including Microsoft Windows, Mac, Apple iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure platforms allow an at-home worker to view and use a data center PC's desktop. This gives IT managers substantial control over the digital ecosystem of at-home employees and offers them a familiar work experience. Progent's VDI services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI expertise.
- Routers attach at-home computer networks to the Internet and typically support VPN connections, home wireless networks, and firewalls. Progent offers expert online support for deploying home routers from a range of manufacturers. See router configuration services from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wireless networks, often supporting the whole family and guests, are commonly used by telecommuters to connect to their Internet router for work. This can cause throughput and cybersecurity issues. Progent can assist you to resolve these problems by providing services that include Aironet configuration expertise, Cisco Meraki wireless deployment consulting, and Ubiquiti WiFi access point setup assistance.
- Internet connectivity solutions affect the performance and reliability of connections between telecommuters and the corporate data center. Mission-critical applications might require backup Internet access in the event the primary connection breaks. Progent can provide expertise for identifying service providers, selecting appropriate service bundles, and integrating redundant Internet access. Refer to Internet access integration services.
VoIP Integration for At-Home Workers
Extending the business PBX environment to include remote users is critical to supporting a productive at-home workforce. A broad range of cloud-centric VoIP products are popular with SMBs to server telecommuters. Many enterprises rely on Cisco's modern or legacy platforms for IP voice solutions. Progent can assist organizations of all sizes to plan or tune a telecommuter IP voice service that provides the flexibility, convenience and security required for telecommuters. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice consultants can provide high-level support to assist organizations optimize their existing Cisco IP voice systems to support an expanding remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM) extends advanced telephony features to devices like VoIP phones, media processing platforms, VoIP gateways, and multimedia software used throughout the network. CUCM supports other mixed media services such as unified messaging, voice/video conferencing, and team collaboration networks. For more information about Progent's Cisco Unified CM or CUCM support, visit CUCM expertise.
- CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing agent and has been superseded by CUCM. Progent can help your company to support your existing CallManager deployment or migrate smoothly to Cisco's current IP telephony solutions. To find out about Progent's support services for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other older VoIP platforms, visit CallManager consulting.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable connectivity with public telephony networks and with clients operating outside the corporate firewall
like telecommuters. Progent can provide consulting expertise for Cisco's legacy IP gateways such as the UC520, UC540 and UC560 product lines as well as for current Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway configuration consulting.
- Other VoIP Products supported by Progent include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can help you to enhance your WAN architecture to work with these solutions and deliver on-demand deployment and troubleshooting services.
Voice/Video Conferencing for an At-Home Workforce
A wide selection of voice/video conferencing products from leading technology companies enable virtual discussions, video conferencing, chat, and screen/content sharing for both onsite users and teleworkers. Many companies utilize multiple conferencing products to accommodate their different partners and customers. Progent's communications experts can help you to maintain your existing conferencing environment and optimize the productivity of your remote employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular unified communications product that enables presence, IM, voice and video calling and conferencing plus the transparent integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications such as PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent offers the expertise of Microsoft-certified consultants who can assist your company to set up and manage Skype for Business clients to accommodate your remote employees. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business consulting experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video phone app for iOS and macOS devices. FaceTime works over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Later versions of FaceTime support as many as 32 simultaneous users for voice/video sessions. For details about Progent's support services for Apple FaceTime, see Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides online conferencing for most desktop or mobile devices. Delivered through Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex capabilities include sharing specific content or computer screens, presentations that embed rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint, session capture, plus editing and playback for training. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Webex and for additional video conferencing solutions from Cisco, see Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a portal for conversations, contacts, and content with capabilities such as IP voice and video conferencing, persistent threaded chat, plus data sharing. For details about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Teams and for additional Microsoft 365 apps, refer to Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Voice/Video Conferencing Apps supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver configuration and debugging services for these conferencing platforms and
assist you to tune your network architecture to run them.
Microsoft Collaboration Software for an At-Home Workforce
Microsoft's collaboration products are closely integrated with Microsoft's popular Office and Microsoft 365 families, providing a rich ecosystem of applications that deliver a cohesive user experience for exchanging information throughout a corporate network and on a broad selection of endpoint computers. Progent has provided online consulting services for SharePoint and Exchange Server since their initial publication and can assist your company to deploy these critical collaboration platforms to optimize the productivity of your remote workforce.
SharePoint utilizes web sites to allow collaboration and knowledge delivery by offering policy-driven delivery of data, business processes, and utilities for searching through enterprise-wide information silos. SharePoint enables you to build protected portals that allows remote workers to view and edit aggregated corporate intelligence by means of Wikis, Blogs, social web sites, and Web Parts. For information about Progent's SharePoint expertise, visit SharePoint integration and development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To find out about Progent's Exchange expertise, see integration consulting services for Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoftís shared cloud storage service, comparable to GoogleDrive. Remote users can save files to OneDrive, and colleagues anywhere can retrieve them safely through a web browser. Provided with Office 365, OneDrive enables home workers to jointly author documents. Edits made offline are automatically uploaded when you go back online. For details about Progent's support services for Microsoft OneDrive, refer to Onedrive configuration experts.
Public Cloud Integration Services for Remote Workers
Progent offers advanced remote support for enabling organizations to build, maintain and troubleshoot integrated network architectures that include physical data centers, telecommuters, branches, and public cloud services. Progent offers expertise for all modes of cloud service such as Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help telecommuters resolve issues with public cloud access, authentication, and security.
Microsoft Azure is a popular platform for cloud services that enables you to utilize infrastructure, virtual servers, and key applications hosted on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Azure includes over one hundred cloud-based services such as hosting for Windows and Linux-based virtual machines, on-demand cloud storage, email and messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and backup/restore. Progent can assist your organization to deploy VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, configure cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity management with Azure Active Directory, and design backup and recovery solutions with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also show you how to create secure connections to Azure for telecommuters by configuring and troubleshooting firewall appliances and VPN tunnels. To find out about Progent's consulting services for Azure, see Azure expertise.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's popular family of business productivity applications and cloud services available on a subscription basis. Office applications and services are marketed in a selection of plans intended for users ranging from students and households to large corporations. Progent can provide quick and affordable online contact with experts familiar with Microsoft 365-compatible endpoints based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent can help your business to evaluate the various subscription bundles available for Office 365 and deploy 365 apps for your remote workers to achieve top business value. For details about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Office 365, refer to Microsoft Office 365 consulting services.
Microsoft 365 Exchange Online is among the most widely used cloud-based applications in the Microsoft 365 product product suite. Office 365 Exchange Online offers the benefits of lower costs for data center infrastructure, easier management, dynamic scaling, high reliability, and additional benefits associated with public clouds. Microsoft has designed Exchange Online to operate smoothly with on-premises deployments of Exchange, enabling customers to build hybrid cloud/onsite information systems. Progent's Exchange experts can provide occasional assistance to guide you through tough IT bottlenecks and also offer comprehensive project management outsourcing to make sure your remote workers have convenient and safe access to your Microsoft 365 Exchange Online environment. For information Progent's consulting services for Microsoft 365 Exchange Online, visit Exchange Online integration and troubleshooting expertise.
Amazon AWS is a pioneer in the public cloud computing arena and is the industry's leading provider of cloud-based services. Progent offers quick and economical online contact with cloud integration consultants who can assist your business to design, implement, maintain, and debug hybrid information networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud services with on-premises data centers and with other public clouds such as Azure. Progent also offers access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to help your company to build a high-uptime network model to make sure your users have a productive computing experience whether they are working from your main office, a remote branch, at home, or on the move. To learn about Progent's support services for Amazon AWS, see Amazon AWS consulting support.
Google Cloud (GCP) is a leading set of cloud computing services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can assist your business to scale your existing IT assets with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's DBA experts can show you how to make your critical applications cloud ready so your at-home workers can benefit fully from Google Cloud Platform services. Progent's consultants can help your organization to deploy VMs on Google Cloud Compute Engine, plan an efficient storage system with Google Cloud Storage services, and simplify access management for at-home workers with GCP Cloud Identity. Progent's consultants can also assist your organization to use GCP's unified management technology to control and monitor your Google Cloud ecosystem. To find out, refer to Google Cloud Platform consulting support.
Help Desk Support for Teleworkers
An emergency, company-wide switchover to a telecommuter business model, which might be motivated by an epidemic or as part of a disaster recovery/business continuity plan, can overstretch even a high-performing internal Call Center. Progent's Help Desk services allow organizations of any size to outsource or expand their Help Desk with Progent's remote Technical Response Center (TRC) team.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk services leverage Progent's nationwide network of online technical support specialists along with enterprise-class trouble ticketing and tracking software to provide an economical, advanced Call Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide an end-to-end solution that addresses all facets of online Level 1 desktop support from help requests to ticket creation, desktop sharing, issue resolution, and reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal enables teleworkers to check or revise their current tickets, enter information, and upload screen captures or attachments. Support services are provided at a significant price reduction off Progent's normal Level 1 desktop service rates, and Progent offers the option of fast hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 IT specialists to resolve advanced issues. For more information, visit Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small companies.
- Progent's Help Desk Supplemental Service enables you to supplement your current Call Desk team by splitting responsibilities for Help Desk support services seamlessly between your in-house IT support personnel and Progent's nationwide team of desktop support engineers and subject matter specialists. Progent's co-managed Help Desk Call Center service is based on a collaborative support solution based on the number one PSA platform for managing service requests and trouble tickets, assigning ownership, monitoring progress, and generating management reports. For information about how Progent's Call Desk Supplementation Services can enable your business to provide best-in-class desktop support to your at-home employees, go to Progent's Help Desk supplementation Services.
Cybersecurity for Teleworkers
Remote workers commonly run their own computers and work in an unsecured area. This worsens their exposure to cyber attacks and requires judicious use of security appliances, remote monitoring, and the creation of policies that follow best practices. Progent's seasoned roster of certified data security experts can help you to plan, implement and manage a modern security solution that safeguards critical data in networks that include telecommuters.
- Firewalls enable companies to build a network environment that can be securely accessed by local users and by at-home workers, mobile workers, vendors, clients, and the public. Modern firewall appliances permit you to assign and manage different permissions to different classes of users and to scale your IT network and modify your security as your business evolves and as cyber threats grow more complex. Progent supports both new and legacy security appliances from all major manufacturers including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, and Fortinet. For more information about Progent's firewall configuration expertise, see firewall support services.
- Remote Endpoint Monitoring makes it easy to track the various computers used by teleworkers and either reject or spot and respond to the latest threats like ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a small-footprint software agent is installed on every protected endpoint device, watching all activity and utilizing state-of-the-art behavioral threat analysis to identify new attacks on arrival. When a cyberattack is spotted, ProSight Active Security Monitoring instantly isolates the impacted endpoint device from the network to contain the threat. Because the ProSight ASM agent is self-contained, endpoints remain protected even when they are offline. For more information about ProSight ASM, visit remote endpoint security monitoring for telecommuters.
- Security Audits can assess the exposure of your network to all types of outside and local security threats for a network that incorporates telecommuters. Progent can deploy online, automated security analysis scanning for quickly and affordably detecting a wide variety of security gaps that can be surfaced over the Internet. Progent's endpoint security audit consulting services, which can be provided by security professionals with top credentials such as CISA, ISSAP, and GIAC, can help you to evaluate your procedures and governance policies and review your IT infrastructure to enable you to implement top-level security for your remote workers.
Data Protection for Telecommuters
The field of Data Protection involves backing up and restoring critical information in order to avoid data loss and reduce recovery time and effort in case of storage system failures resulting from equipment breakdowns, programming hiccups, user error, cyber attack, or other causes. Reliable data protection solutions can be particularly difficult to architect and manage in hybrid environments that incorporate private data centers, public clouds, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Restore strategies for an at-home workforce must address multiple types of personally owned endpoints. Progent can provide quick remote access to consultants familiar with a wide range of products for protection Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX servers and desktops as well as notebooks, tablets and smartphones. Leading backup/restore products supported by Progent's data protection consultants include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, CrashPlan, Mozy, and Time Machine. To protect resources spread across a hybrid network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a backup/recovery subscription service that utilizes cloud storage and includes granular recovery and centralized management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity strategies typically anticipate scenarios that require a quick changeover to an at-home workforce. Progent's expert disaster recovery preparedness consultants and business continuity specialists can help your company to produce, document and validate a DR/BC strategy that includes the logistics of moving to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for an At-Home Workforce
Microsoft has renamed and reshuffled its endpoint management products under the name Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud-based management of mobile and remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing onsite endpoints. Microsoft Endpoint Manager features a unified solution for safeguarding critical data by managing onsite, mobile, and at-home endpoints.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also includes Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and protecting remote computers and applications. Remote endpoint computers can be user owned or company owned. IT administrators managing the enrolled endpoint devices of at-home workers can utilize Intune to provision and authenticate apps on managed devices, push patches and certificates, configure rules for accessing data and resources, manage passwords, create VPN connections, determine how home-based workers share data, establish threat protection, verify security compliance, and erase corporate information from lost, stolen or decommissioned devices. Microsoft Intune runs with iOS/iPadOS, Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X computers. For details about Microsoft Intune and how Progent can assist you to use this platform to manage the devices of your at-home workforce, visit Intune telecommuter device management experts.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced unified MDM platform that helps network administrators to keep remote endpoints up to date and protected. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch for centralized endpoint management combined with VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery technology for identity control, app management, and configuration management of endpoints. Workspace ONE runs with devices based on Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-premises deployment through a perpetual license. Top features of VMware Workspace ONE include rapid remote provisioning of new notebooks, quick onboarding of new employees, policy set up and enforcement for all classes of endpoints, unifies reporting and performance analytics, email encryption, and tight integration with Microsoft applications and cloud services. For information about Progent's support services for VMware Workspace ONE, visit VMware Workspace ONE remote endpoint management consultants.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Support Services
To get in touch with Progent about creating and maintaining an efficient work-from-home environment for your Broomfield, Colorado company, call 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.