Expanding your telecommuter workforce can have a significant impact on IT infrastructure, cybersecurity, and corporate culture. Progent has 20 years of background helping SMBs to design, configure, manage, optimize, and troubleshoot IT environments that support at-home workers. Progent can help your Broomfield organization to pick the appropriate tools and follow leading practices in creating and operating a secure virtual ecosystem for telecommuters that facilitates collaboration and delivers top value. Progent can provide support services ranging from on demand expertise for helping you over occasional IT roadblocks to full project management or co-management to help you successfully complete mission-critical initiatives.
Progent's consultants can assist Broomfield, Colorado companies to succeed with any facet of building a high-performing work-at-home environment by providing network infrastructure design and configuration services, IP voice expertise, video conferencing integration, collaboration platform customization and training, cloud connectivity, Help Desk outsourcing, security and compliance, data protection solutions, and unified management.
Infrastructure for an At-Home Workforce
Setting up the physical and software infrastructure needed for an at-home workforce can be particularly challenging if you must manage a combination of personal hardware like PCs and notebooks, routers, and Wi-Fi APs from various manufacturers and with a variety of OS software and firmware releases. Progent's experience providing online support for both outdated as well as modern IT products in virtual office venues allows you to make efficient use of your available infrastructure and provides you with ready access to expertise for making essential upgrades. Support services available from Progent to help you to implement a high-functioning work-at-home infrastructure include:
- VPN technology makes it possible to establish a secure connection for authenticated remote employees to use IT assets situated at your company datacenter or in a public cloud. Progent can assist your company to configure and maintain VPN access between your at-home workforce and your key network resources by providing online VPN integration support. For organizations with Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA consultants can help your at-home workers to utilize Cisco's popular AnyConnect client software to provide secure VPN tunneling for a broad selection of endpoint devices including Microsoft Windows, macOS, iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure platforms enable a teleworker to see and interact with a data center PC's desktop. This provides network managers more control over the digital environment of telecommuters and ensures them a familiar work experience. Progent's virtual desktop services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI expertise.
- Routers attach home computer networks to the Internet and typically support VPN connections, home Wi-Fi connectivity, and firewall services. Progent can provide expert online consulting for setting up routers from all major vendors. See router integration support from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, often shared by an entire household and guests, are commonly used by at-home employees to access their Internet router for work. This can create performance as well as cybersecurity problems. Progent can help businesses to mitigate these issues by providing services like Aironet integration consulting, Cisco-certified Meraki WiFi installation expertise, and Ubiquiti Unifi WiFi access point setup help.
- Internet connectivity solutions affect the performance and availability of connections between telecommuters and the corporate network. Mission-critical applications might demand redundant Internet connections in case the primary connection fails. Progent offers expertise for picking Internet service providers, picking sensible service packages, and setting up high-availability Internet access. See Internet connectivity integration services.
VoIP Solutions for Teleworkers
Extending the company PBX environment to include teleworkers is critical to maintaining an effective at-home workforce. A variety of cloud-centric digital PBX platforms are popular with small and mid-size businesses to support teleworkers. Many enterprises rely on Cisco's modern or older platforms for VoIP management. Progent can help businesses of any size to plan or tune a telecommuter IP voice service that delivers the flexibility, convenience and protection needed for at-home workers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice consultants offer high-level support to help businesses optimize their current Cisco IP voice systems to handle an expanding at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM) extends high-end telephony capabilities to devices such as IP phones, media processing platforms, Voice over IP gateways, and multimedia applications deployed throughout the network. CUCM manages additional mixed media services like messaging, voice/video conferencing, and customer collaboration networks. For details about Progent's Unified Communications Manager support, see Cisco Unified CM consulting services.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing agent and has been replaced by Cisco Unified CM or CUCM. Progent can help you to maintain your current CallManager deployment or migrate efficiently to Cisco's current IP telephony products. For details about Progent's expertise for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other older VoIP products, visit CallManager consulting.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide connectivity with PSTN networks and with users working outside the corporate firewall
such as at-home workers. Progent offers consulting expertise for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways such as the UC520, UC540 and UC560 product lines and for modern Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway configuration consulting.
- Additional VoIP Products supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can help you to expand your wide area network infrastructure to work with these solutions and deliver on-demand deployment and troubleshooting expertise.
Video Conferencing for At-Home Workers
A broad selection of voice/video conferencing platforms from major vendors support virtual discussions, video and voice conferencing, chat sessions, and screen/content sharing for both local users and at-home workers. Many companies use a mix of products to accommodate their various partners and customers. Progent can help you to maintain your existing conferencing environment and optimize the engagement of your at-home workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular unified communications product that enables presence, instant messaging, voice and video conferencing as well as the transparent integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications including PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent can provide the expertise of Microsoft-certified specialists who can assist your company to set up and maintain Skype for Business clients to support your remote workforce. For details about Progent's consulting services for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business consulting services.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video calling platform for compatible iOS, iPadOS, iPod and macOS computers and smartphones. FaceTime works over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Current versions of FaceTime support as many as 32 concurrent users for video sessions. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Apple FaceTime, visit Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports remote conferencing for virtually all desktop or mobile devices. Delivered through Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex services include sharing discrete content or computer screens, presentations that embed rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint, network-based capture, plus editing and playback for training. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Cisco Webex as well as for other IP video solutions from Cisco, refer to Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a portal for conversations, contacts, and content with features that include IP voice and video calling, threaded chat, plus data sharing. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Teams as well as for additional Office 365 apps, see Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver configuration and debugging expertise for these products and
help you to tune your network infrastructure to run them.
Microsoft Collaboration Platforms for an At-Home Workforce
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are tightly integrated with Microsoft's popular Office suites, offering a rich ecosystem of applications that deliver a consistent user interface for sharing data and ideas throughout a corporate network and on a broad selection of endpoint devices. Progent has provided remote consulting support for SharePoint and Exchange since their original publication and can help your company to configure these critical collaboration products to maximize the productivity of your at-home workforce.
SharePoint utilizes web entities to enable collaboration and information sharing by offering policy-based access to content, workflow, and utilities for searching through company-wide business data. SharePoint permits you to create secure portals that permits remote workforce to view and update aggregated business intelligence via Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social networking sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). For details about Progent's SharePoint support services, refer to SharePoint integration and application development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To find out about Progent's Exchange support services, visit integration expertise for Microsoft Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoftís collaborative cloud-based storage service, comparable to GoogleDrive. At-home users can save files to the OneDrive service, and co-workers can retrieve them securely via a web browser. Provided with Microsoft 365, OneDrive allows at-home employees to co-edit files. Edits created offline are uploaded when you go back online. To learn about Progent's expertise for Microsoft OneDrive, refer to Microsoft Onedrive integration experts.
Cloud Integration Services for Teleworkers
Progent offers advanced remote support for helping businesses to build, maintain and optimize integrated network models that incorporate internal data centers, remote workers, branches, plus cloud resources. Progent can provide expertise for all modes of cloud service including Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help telecommuters fix problems with cloud access, identity, and security.
Azure is a popular platform for public cloud software and services that enables you to utilize infrastructure, virtual servers, and critical apps hosted on Microsoft's massive cloud. Microsoft Azure offers more than one hundred cloud-based services including the ability to host Windows and Linux-based virtual machines, scalable cloud storage, email and messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and backup/restore. Progent can assist your organization to set up VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, configure storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity management with Azure AD, and design backup and recovery systems with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also show you how to create secure connections to Azure services for teleworkers by configuring and debugging firewall appliances and VPN tunnels. To find out about Progent's expertise for Microsoft Azure, visit Azure consulting.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's popular suite of business productivity software and cloud-based services offered by subscription. Office applications and services are provided in a selection of plans intended for customers ranging from students and households to large corporations. Progent can provide fast and affordable remote contact with experts familiar with Microsoft 365-compatible endpoint devices running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent can assist you to evaluate the various subscription plans available for Microsoft 365 and deploy 365 applications for your remote workers in a way that delivers maximum business value. To learn about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Office 365, see Microsoft 365 consulting support.
Office 365 Exchange Online is one of the most popular applications in Azure-hosted Microsoft 365 product line. Microsoft 365 Exchange Online offers the advantages of reduced spending for data center infrastructure, easier management, on-demand scaling, high availability, and other advantages inherent with public clouds. Microsoft has designed Office 365 Exchange Online to operate transparently with local deployments of Exchange, enabling customers to build hybrid cloud/onsite information systems. Progent's certified Exchange experts can provide as-needed assistance to guide you past tough technical bottlenecks and can also provide comprehensive project management services to make sure your remote workers have convenient and safe access to your Office 365 Exchange Online deployment. For details Progent's expertise for Microsoft 365 Exchange Online, go to Office 365 Exchange Online configuration and support expertise.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a trailblazer in the public cloud computing arena and is the industry's leading source of cloud services. Progent offers fast and affordable online access to cloud connectivity consultants who can assist your business to design, deploy, maintain, and troubleshoot hybrid IT networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with local resources and with other popular cloud platforms like Microsoft Azure. Progent also offers the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to assist your company to build a high-availability network architecture so your employees have a productive computing experience whether they are working from your headquarters, a remote branch, from home, or on the move. For details about Progent's consulting services for Amazon AWS, refer to Amazon AWS integration services.
Google Cloud (GCP) is a leading collection of cloud computing services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can assist your business to scale your current IT assets with the Google Cloud, and Progent's DBA experts can show you how to make your critical applications cloud ready so your at-home workers can benefit fully from Google Cloud services. Progent can help you to set up virtual machines on Google Cloud Compute Engine, design an efficient storage solution with Google Cloud Storage, and streamline identity management for at-home workers with Google Cloud Identity. Progent's consultants can also help you to use GCP's management tools to administer and monitor your GCP environment. To learn, visit Google Cloud Platform (GCP) consulting expertise.
Help Desk Call Center Support for At-Home Workers
A fast, organization-wide changeover to a teleworker workforce, which could be motivated by a pandemic or as a component of a disaster recovery process, can overstretch even a well-staffed internal Help Desk. Progent's Call Center services allow organizations to outsource or expand their Call Desk with Progent's online Technical Response Center services.
- Progent's Standard Call Desk support services utilize Progent's nationwide team of remote technical support experts combined with enterprise-class trouble ticketing and tracking technology to offer an economical, state-of-the-art Call Center. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide a comprehensive solution that handles all facets of online Level 1 PC support from initial service requests to ticket creation, screen sharing, problem resolution, and incident reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal allows from-home workers to check or edit their active tickets, add details, and upload screenshots and relevant files. Technical support services are provided at a substantial discount off Progent's ordinary Level 1 desktop service charges, and Progent offers optional rapid hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 IT specialists to deal with advanced problems. For details, go to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small and mid-size companies.
- Progent's Help Desk Call Center Augmentation Service enables your business to supplement your existing Support Desk staff by splitting responsibilities for Help Desk Call Center support transparently between your regular IT support staff and Progent's extensive pool of PC support engineers and subject matter specialists. Progent's shared Support Desk service uses a collaborative support model utilizing the leading professional services automation platform for managing service requests and trouble tickets, assigning ownership, monitoring progress, and producing reports. To find out how Progent's Call Center Supplementation Services can help your company to provide best-in-class IT support to your telecommuters, visit Progent's Call Desk augmentation Services.
Security for Remote Workers
Remote workers commonly run their own equipment and work in a physically unsecured area. This increases their vulnerability to cyber threats and demands judicious use of firewalls, remote monitoring, and the creation of security policies that adhere to best practices. Progent's veteran team of certified cybersecurity experts can help your organization to design, implement and administer a modern security solution that protects vital information in IT networks that incorporate at-home workers.
- Firewalls allow you to create a network environment that can be safely accessed by on-premises users and by teleworkers, mobile employees, vendors, clients, and other stakeholders. Next-generation firewall devices permit you to configure and control appropriate permissions to various groups of users and to expand your IT network and modify your security as your company evolves and as network attacks become more sophisticated. Progent supports both current and older firewall appliances from all leading vendors including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. To find out more about Progent's firewall configuration services, visit firewall integration and support expertise.
- Remote Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it easy to track the disparate computers utilized by at-home workers and either block or spot and mitigate the latest threats like ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a small-footprint agent is put on every secured endpoint, monitoring all activity and using advanced machine learning and full execution context to identify zero-day attacks at inception. When an attack is discovered, ProSight Active Security Monitoring immediately disconnects the infected endpoint device from the network to quarantine the malware. Since the ProSight Active Security Monitoring software agent is self-contained, endpoints remain protected even if they are offline. For more information about ProSight ASM, see remote endpoint security monitoring for teleworkers.
- Security Audits can assess the exposure of your network to all classes of external and local security threats for an environment that incorporates an at-home workforce. Progent can deploy remote, automated cybersecurity analysis software for quickly and affordably detecting a wide variety of security weaknesses that can be found via the Internet. Progent's security audit experts, which can be provided by network security experts with top certifications such as CISM, CISSP, and GIAC, can help your business to audit your workflows and policies and assess your network infrastructure to allow you to design top-level security for your remote workers.
Data Protection Solutions for At-Home Workers
Data Protection covers backing up and recovering vital data in order to avoid data loss and reduce recovery time in case of storage system problems due to hardware breakdowns, software hiccups, user mistakes, cyber attack, or any other reason. Dependable data protection strategies can be especially difficult to design and maintain in hybrid environments that combine in-house data centers, cloud resources, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Recovery solutions for an at-home workforce must cover diverse types of user-owned endpoints. Progent offers fast remote access to experts knowledgeable about a broad range of platforms for protection Microsoft Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktops as well as notebooks, tablets and handhelds. Leading backup/recovery solutions supported by Progent's data protection consultants include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, CrashPlan, Mozy, and Time Machine. To back up data spread across a hybrid network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services, a backup/recovery service that utilizes cloud-based storage and features fine-grained restore and centralized management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity strategies commonly anticipate circumstances that call for a temporary switch to an at-home workforce. Progent's expert disaster recovery preparedness experts and business continuity planning consultants can assist your company to create, document and test a DR/BC strategy that includes the logistics of switching to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for an At-Home Workforce
Microsoft has renamed and rebundled its endpoint management platforms under the title Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud-based management of remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing onsite endpoints. Endpoint Manager provides a centralized environment for protecting critical data by managing local, mobile, and at-home endpoint devices.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also features Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and securing mobile computers and applications. Remote endpoint devices can be personally owned or company owned. IT administrators managing the endpoint devices of telecommuters can use Intune to provision and validate applications on managed devices, push patches and certificates, configure policies for permission to access information and resources, set passwords, establish VPN connections, control how telecommuters share data, set up threat defense, verify security compliance, and wipe sensitive information from lost, stolen or decommissioned endpoint devices. Microsoft Intune can be used with iOS/iPadOS, Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X devices. For information about Intune and how Progent can help you to use this platform to manage the endpoint devices of your teleworkers, refer to Intune mobile endpoint management expertise.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich unified Mobile Device Management product that allows network administrators to keep off-premises endpoint devices up to date and secure. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch for centralized endpoint administration plus VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery platform for authorization control, application management, and configuration management of endpoint devices. Workspace ONE operates with endpoints based on Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-premises product through a one-time purchase. Top capabilities of Workspace ONE include rapid over-the-air deployment of new laptops, quick onboarding of new users, policy set up and enforcement for all classes of devices, unifies reporting and performance analytics, an email encryption gateway, and seamless integration with Microsoft apps and cloud-based products. To learn about Progent's support services for VMware Workspace ONE, visit VMware Workspace ONE remote endpoint management expertise.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Support Services
To get in touch with Progent about building and maintaining a productive work-from-home environment for your Broomfield, Colorado business, phone 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.