Enlarging your remote workforce may have a significant effect on network infrastructure, cybersecurity, and company culture. Progent has two decades of background helping SMBs to design, deploy, administer, optimize, and troubleshoot IT environments that incorporate work-from-home employees. Progent can help your Broomfield organization to select the appropriate tools and follow leading practices in building and maintaining a secure virtual ecosystem for telecommuters that facilitates teamwork and delivers maximum business value. Progent can provide support services that go from on demand guidance for helping you over challenging IT roadblocks to comprehensive project management or co-management to help you successfully complete business-critical tasks.
Progent's consultants can assist Broomfield, Colorado companies to succeed with any aspect of building a high-functioning remote work ecosystem by delivering infrastructure design and configuration services, IP voice troubleshooting, video conferencing support, collaboration platform selection and deployment, cloud connectivity, Help Desk outsourcing, data security, backup/restore solutions, and unified management.
Network Infrastructure for Teleworkers
Setting up the physical and software infrastructure needed to support a remote workforce can be particularly complicated if you must accommodate a mix of personal hardware like desktop computers and notebooks, routers, and Wi-Fi appliances from an assortment of vendors and with a mix of OS software and firmware releases. Progent's background providing online support for both legacy and modern IT products in virtual office solutions enables you to make efficient use of your existing infrastructure and provides you with fast access to expertise for making necessary updates. Support services available from Progent to help your company to implement a high-functioning work-at-home infrastructure include:
- VPN technology makes it possible to create a secure tunnel for authenticated remote workers to access IT assets situated at your company datacenter or in the cloud. Progent can help you to deploy and maintain VPN connections between your at-home workforce and your various network resources by providing remote VPN integration consulting. For organizations with Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco ASA consultants can help your telecommuters to set up Cisco's popular AnyConnect client software to provide secure VPN connections for a wide range of endpoint devices such as Microsoft Windows, Mac, Apple iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) platforms allow a teleworker to see and interact with a data center computer's desktop. This gives network managers significant control over the digital ecosystem of telecommuters and ensures them a consistent and more productive work experience. Progent's virtual desktop services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops expertise.
- Routers attach home computer networks to the Internet and support VPN connections, local wireless networks, and firewall services. Progent can provide expert remote support for setting up home routers from a range of vendors. See router configuration services from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, typically supporting an entire household and guests, are frequently used by at-home employees to access their router for work. This can cause performance and cybersecurity issues. Progent can help you to resolve these problems by providing services like Aironet integration consulting, Cisco-certified Meraki wireless deployment expertise, and Ubiquiti Unifi wireless AP integration assistance.
- Internet access methods impact the speed and reliability of connections between telecommuters and the corporate network. Line-of-business processes might require backup Internet connections in the event the primary connection fails. Progent can provide guidance for selecting service providers, selecting appropriate bandwidth and data volume bundles, and setting up fault-tolerant Internet connections. See Internet connectivity integration services.
VoIP Integration for Teleworkers
Expanding the corporate phone environment to accommodate teleworkers is critical to supporting a productive at-home workforce. A variety of cloud-centric IP voice platforms are popular with SMBs to support teleworkers. Many larger organizations depend on Cisco's modern or legacy platforms for VoIP solutions. Progent can help businesses of any size to design or maintain a remote IP voice service that delivers the versatility, convenience and security required for remote users. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice experts can provide high-level support to help businesses optimize their existing Cisco VoIP systems to handle an expanding at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM) delivers enterprise IP telephony capabilities to devices like IP phones, media processing platforms, VoIP gateways, and multimedia software used across the network. Unified Communications Manager supports other mixed media services such as messaging, voice/video conferencing, and customer interaction networks. For details about Progent's Cisco Unified CM or CUCM expertise, refer to Cisco Unified Communications Manager consulting services.
- CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing software and has been superseded by Cisco Unified CM. Progent's consultants can help you to maintain your current CallManager environment or upgrade efficiently to Cisco's current IP telephony products. To find out about Progent's support services for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other legacy VoIP products, see CallManager expertise.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable integration with public telephony networks and with clients working outside the corporate perimeter
such as at-home workers. Progent offers consulting expertise for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways such as the UC520, UC540 and UC560 products and for modern Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway configuration consulting.
- Additional VoIP Products supported by Progent include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can assist you to expand your wide area network infrastructure to support these solutions and deliver online configuration and debugging expertise.
Video Conferencing for At-Home Workers
A wide selection of video conferencing products from major vendors support online meetings, video conferencing, chat, and content sharing for both onsite workers and telecommuters. Many organizations use a mix of products to meet the needs of their different partners and clients. Progent's communications experts can help your organization to manage your existing conferencing environment and enhance the productivity of your at-home employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading communications product that enables presence, IM, audio and video calling and conferencing plus the seamless integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software such as PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent can provide the skills of Microsoft-certified specialists who can assist you to set up and manage Skype for Business clients to support your at-home workforce. For details about Progent's consulting services for Skype for Business, visit Skype for Business consulting experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video phone app for compatible iOS and macOS devices. FaceTime works over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Current editions of FaceTime allow up to 32 concurrent users for video calls. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for FaceTime, refer to Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports remote conferencing for most computing devices. Delivered through Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex services include sharing granular content or screens, presentations that embed rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, session capture, plus editing and playback for future reference and training. To learn more about Progent's support services for Cisco Webex as well as for additional video conferencing products from Cisco, refer to Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams provides a hub for conversations, contacts, and information with capabilities that include video conferencing, persistent threaded chat, plus data sharing. For details about Progent's support expertise for Teams as well as for additional Microsoft 365 products, refer to Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Voice/Video Conferencing Apps supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver configuration and debugging expertise for these products and
assist your business to optimize your network architecture to run them.
Microsoft Collaboration Platforms for Teleworkers
Microsoft's collaboration products are tightly integrated with Microsoft's popular Microsoft Office and Microsoft 365 families, providing a powerful ecosystem of applications that deliver a cohesive user experience for exchanging data and ideas across a corporate network and on a broad selection of endpoints. Progent has provided remote consulting services for SharePoint and Exchange Server since their first releases and can help your company to tune these flagship collaboration platforms to maximize the productivity of your remote workers.
SharePoint uses web entities to allow collaboration and knowledge sharing by providing policy-based access to content, business processes, and tools for searching through enterprise-wide business data. SharePoint enables you to build secure web portals that allows at-home workers to view and edit aggregated corporate intelligence by means of Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social web sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). For information about Progent's SharePoint expertise, go to SharePoint integration and development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For information about Progent's Exchange consulting expertise, see deployment expertise for Microsoft Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoft's shared cloud storage service, comparable to GoogleDrive. At-home users can store files to OneDrive, and co-workers can access them safely via a web browser. Included with Office and Microsoft 365, OneDrive allows home employees to co-author documents. Edits made offline are uploaded when you reconnect to the Internet. To learn about Progent's consulting services for OneDrive, see Onedrive configuration consulting.
Public Cloud Integration Services for Telecommuters
Progent offers affordable remote assistance for helping organizations to build, maintain and troubleshoot cohesive hybrid network models that include physical data centers, teleworkers, branches, plus cloud resources. Progent offers expertise for all modes of cloud service delivery including Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service. Progent can help at-home workers resolve issues with public cloud access, identity, and security.
Azure is a popular platform for cloud services that enables you to utilize infrastructure, servers, and key apps hosted on Microsoft's massive cloud. Azure offers more than one hundred services services including hosting for Windows and Linux-powered VMs, scalable cloud storage, messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and data backup. Progent can help you to set up VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity control with Azure Active Directory, and design backup and restore solutions with Azure Backup. Progent can also show you how to create secure connections to Azure for remote workers by setting up and debugging firewalls and VPN tunnels. For details about Progent's support services for Azure, see Microsoft Azure expertise.
Microsoft 365, previously branded Office 365, is Microsoft's growing suite of business productivity applications and cloud-based services offered by subscription. Office applications and cloud services are marketed in a variety of bundles designed for customers ranging from students and small offices to major corporations. Progent can provide quick and easy online access to consultants familiar with Microsoft 365-compatible devices running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent's experts can assist you to evaluate the various subscription bundles offered with Microsoft 365 and configure 365 applications for your teleworkers to achieve top business value. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft 365, refer to Microsoft 365 integration support.
Exchange Online is one of the most popular applications in Azure-hosted Microsoft 365 product suite. Microsoft 365 Exchange Online offers the benefits of reduced spending for physical infrastructure, easier management, on-demand scaling, high reliability, and additional benefits inherent with cloud computing. Microsoft has designed Microsoft 365 Exchange Online to operate smoothly with local deployments of Exchange, allowing customers to build hybrid cloud/onsite information systems. Progent's Exchange experts can provide occasional help to guide you past challenging technical roadblocks and also offer comprehensive project management services to ensure your teleworkers have easy and secure access to your Microsoft 365 Exchange Online environment. To find out Progent's support services for Microsoft 365 Exchange Online, go to Exchange Online configuration and support consulting.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a pioneer in the public cloud computing market and is the world's biggest source of cloud-based services. Progent can provide fast and economical online access to cloud integration consultants who can assist your organization to design, implement, maintain, and debug hybrid IT networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud services with local data centers and with other popular cloud platforms like Azure. Progent also can provide access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to assist you to create a high-availability network architecture to make sure your users have a consistent computing environment regardless of whether they are working from your main office, a remote branch, at home, or on the road. To learn about Progent's expertise for Amazon AWS, visit Amazon AWS integration services.
Google Cloud Platform is a leading set of public cloud services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can help your business to expand your current IT assets with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's database experts can help you make your critical applications cloud friendly so your at-home workers can benefit fully from Google Cloud services. Progent's consultants can assist your business to set up virtual machines on GCP Compute Engine, design an efficient storage solution with GCP Storage, and simplify identity management for teleworkers with GCP Cloud Identity services. Progent's consultants can also help your organization to use GCP's management tools to administer and monitor your Google Cloud environment. For details, see Google Cloud Platform integration expertise.
Help Desk Support for Telecommuters
An emergency, enterprise-wide transition to a teleworker workforce, which might be driven by a pandemic or as part of a disaster recovery process, can overstretch even the most efficient in-house Help Desk. Progent's Call Center services allow businesses to outsource or augment their Support Desk with Progent's online Technical Response Center (TRC) team.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk Call Center support services leverage Progent's extensive team of remote IT support specialists combined with enterprise-class trouble ticketing and follow-up software to offer an affordable, modern Support Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide an end-to-end solution that addresses all facets of remote Level 1 PC support from service requests to trouble ticket generation, screen sharing, problem resolution, and reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal allows from-home workers to monitor or edit the status of their active tickets, add details, and upload screenshots and relevant files. Technical support services are delivered at a substantial discount off Progent's ordinary Level 1 desktop support charges, and Progent makes available optional fast hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 IT experts to resolve complex problems. To find out more, visit Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small and mid-size businesses.
- Progent's Help Desk Supplemental Service allows your business to supplement your current Call Center organization by splitting delivery of Support Desk services seamlessly between your regular IT support organization and Progent's nationwide pool of PC support technicians and subject matter experts. Progent's co-managed Help Desk service is based on a collaborative support solution based on the number one professional services automation (PSA) platform for handling help requests and trouble tickets, assigning ownership, tracking progress, and producing reports. For information about how Progent's Help Desk Call Center Supplementation Services can help your company to deliver world-class IT support to your telecommuters, refer to Progent's Help Desk Call Center augmentation Services.
Cybersecurity for Teleworkers
At-home staff members typically use their personal devices and usually operate in a poorly secured physical space. This increases their vulnerability to cyber attacks and calls for careful configuration of corporate firewalls, AV tools, MFA-based identity verification, remote monitoring, extensive end-user training, and the development of policies built on best practices. Progent's veteran group of IT security support experts can help your business to plan, configure and maintain an effective security solution that guards vital information assets in environments that include remote workers.
Firewalls enable companies to build a network environment that can be safely utilized by on-premises users and by at-home workers, mobile employees, suppliers, customers, and other stakeholders. Next-generation firewall devices permit you to assign and manage different permissions to various groups of users and to scale your IT network and adjust your cybersecurity posture as your company evolves and as cyber threats grow increasingly complex. Progent works with both current and legacy security appliances from all leading manufacturers including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, and Fortinet. To find out more about Progent's firewall configuration services, go to firewall support expertise.
Online Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it easy to watch over the various devices used by teleworkers and either block or spot and respond to modern threats like ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a lightweight agent is put on every secured endpoint, monitoring all activity and utilizing state-of-the-art behavioral threat analysis from SentinelOne to detect new attacks before they can spread. When a cyberattack is discovered, ProSight ASM instantly isolates the targeted endpoint from the network to contain the malware. Since the ProSight ASM software agent is autonomous, endpoints stay secure even if they are not connected to the Internet. Progent is a SentinelOne Partner, reseller, and integrator. For details about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, visit remote endpoint security monitoring for an at-home workforce.
Progent's Duo MFA Service Plans utilize Cisco's Duo technology to protect against stolen passwords through the use of two-factor authentication (2FA). Duo supports one-tap identity confirmation with Apple iOS, Android, and other personal devices. Using Duo 2FA, whenever you sign into a protected online account and enter your password you are asked to verify your identity via a unit that only you possess and that is accessed using a different ("out-of-band") network channel. A wide selection of out-of-band devices can be used as this added form of ID validation including a smartphone or wearable, a hardware/software token, a landline phone, etc. You can designate multiple validation devices. For more information about Duo two-factor identity authentication services, go to Cisco Duo MFA two-factor authentication services for teleworkers.
Security Audits can assess the vulnerability of your network to all types of outside and local security threats for a network that incorporates teleworkers. Progent can run remote, automated security inventory scanning for rapidly and economically detecting a broad range of security weaknesses that can be surfaced over the Internet. Progent's security audit consulting services, which can be managed by data security professionals with advanced credentials such as CISM, ISSAP, and GIAC, can assist your business to audit your processes and governance policies and assess your network infrastructure to enable you to design top-level security for your at-home workers.
Horizon3.ai's NodeZero PEN Testing Platform is a breakthrough penetration test (pentest) product family that can deliver autonomous testing of your at-home environment and your internal and perimeter networks to help you expose, rank, remediate, and confirm security vulnerabilities before malicious hackers can exploit them. Progent can help you to deploy NodeZero to perform comprehensive pentests of your perimeter and your internal IT infrastructure in order to determine your present security posture. Progent's NodeZero experts can also help you to strengthen your existing network security and can assist you to plan and deploy a unified cybersecurity ecosystem that simplifies management and provides maximum protection for on-prem, cloud-based, remote, and perimeter IT resources. To learn additional information about Progent's vulnerability analysis solutions based on on NodeZero's PEN test platform, see Consulting Support for NodeZero's Pentest Products.
Download White Paper: Securing a Work-From-Home (WFH) Environment
To view or download a white paper describing critical areas to focus on for protecting a network that incorporates telecommuters, click:
Protecting a Work-From-Home (WFH) Network White Paper. (PDF - 2.4 MB)
Data Protection for Telecommuters
Data Protection involves saving and restoring vital information in order to prevent data loss and reduce restoration time and effort in the event of storage failures resulting from hardware breakdowns, software hiccups, user mistakes, malware, or other causes. Reliable data protection strategies can be particularly difficult to design and manage in hybrid environments that incorporate in-house data centers, public clouds, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Restore solutions for at-home workers must address diverse kinds of user-owned endpoints. Progent offers quick online help from experts familiar with a wide array of platforms for backing up Microsoft Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktops as well as notebooks, tablets and handhelds. Leading backup/restore products supported by Progent's backup/recovery consultants include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To protect resources distributed throughout a hybrid network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services, a managed backup/recovery subscription service that uses cloud-based storage and features granular recovery and unified management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) plans typically anticipate scenarios that require a quick changeover to an at-home workforce. Progent's senior disaster recovery preparedness consultants and business continuity planning specialists can help you to create, document and test a DR/BC strategy that includes the logistics of moving to telecommuting.
Unified Management for Remote Workers
Microsoft has renamed and reshuffled its endpoint management platforms under the name Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud management of mobile and remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing onsite endpoints. Microsoft Endpoint Manager provides a unified environment for safeguarding corporate information by controlling on-premises, mobile, and home-based endpoints.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also includes Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and securing off-premises computers and software. Remote endpoint devices can be personally owned or business owned. IT administrators managing the enrolled endpoint computers of telecommuters can utilize Intune to provision and authenticate apps on managed devices, push updates and certificates, configure policies for accessing data and networks, set passwords, create VPN tunnels, control how telecommuters share data, set up threat defense, ensure security compliance, and erase sensitive information from missing, stolen or decommissioned devices. Intune can be used with Apple iOS, Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X endpoints. For details about Microsoft Intune and how Progent can help you to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to administer the endpoint devices of your at-home workforce, refer to Intune telecommuter device management experts.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced centralized Mobile Device Management platform that allows network administrators to keep off-premises endpoints up to date and protected. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch for centralized endpoint management along with VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery platform for identity control, application management, and configuration management of endpoint computers. Workspace ONE runs with devices powered by Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-premises product via a perpetual license. Key capabilities of Workspace ONE include rapid over-the-air provisioning of out-of-the-box notebooks, immediate onboarding of new employees, policy set up and enforcement for all classes of devices, unifies management reporting and analytics, email encryption, and integration with Microsoft applications and cloud services. To learn about Progent's support for VMware Workspace ONE, see VMware Workspace ONE remote endpoint management consultants.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Expertise
To get in touch with Progent about creating and maintaining a productive work-from-home solution for your Broomfield, Colorado company, phone 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.