Enlarging your at-home workforce can have a major impact on IT infrastructure, security/compliance, and corporate workflows. Progent has two decades of background helping SMBs to plan, configure, manage, tune, and troubleshoot IT environments that incorporate work-from-home employees. Progent can help your Broomfield organization to select the right technologies and adhere to best practices in building and maintaining a secure virtual ecosystem for telecommuters that promotes collaboration and returns maximum value. Progent offers support services ranging from on demand expertise for getting you past challenging technical bottlenecks to comprehensive project management to help you carry out business-critical tasks.
Progent's consultants can assist Broomfield, Colorado businesses to succeed with any aspect of creating a high-functioning work-from-home environment by providing infrastructure configuration services, VoIP PBX expertise, voice/video conferencing integration, collaboration platform customization and training, public cloud connectivity, helpdesk outsourcing, security and compliance, data protection solutions, and centralized management.
Infrastructure for an At-Home Workforce
Setting up the network infrastructure required for an at-home work environment can be particularly complex if you have to accommodate a mix of worker-owned hardware like desktop computers and laptops, Internet routers, and Wi-Fi APs from an assortment of manufacturers and with a variety of operating systems and firmware levels. Progent's background providing remote help for both outdated and current technologies in virtual office solutions allows you to make efficient use of your existing infrastructure and provides you with ready access to expertise for making essential upgrades. Services available from Progent to assist you to implement a high-functioning work-at-home ecosystem include:
- VPN technology allows you to establish a secure tunnel for authorized remote employees to use IT assets located at your company datacenter or in a public cloud. Progent can help your company to configure and maintain VPN access between your teleworkers and your key IT resources by providing remote VPN configuration support. For organizations using Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco ASA experts can help your telecommuters to utilize Cisco's popular AnyConnect software for secure VPN connections for a broad selection of devices such as Microsoft Windows, Mac, iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure platforms allow a telecommuter to see and use a data center PC's desktop. This gives IT managers more control over the digital ecosystem of telecommuters and ensures them a familiar experience. Progent's virtual desktop consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops expertise.
- Routers attach home networks to the Internet and support VPN connections, home Wi-Fi networks, and firewall services. Progent offers top-tier online support for integrating home routers from all major vendors. See router integration services from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wireless networks, typically shared by families and visitors, are frequently used by telecommuters to access their Internet router for work. This can cause throughput as well as security problems. Progent can assist you to mitigate these issues by providing expertise like Cisco Aironet configuration consulting, Cisco-certified Meraki wireless deployment consulting, and Ubiquiti Unifi wireless AP integration assistance.
- Internet connectivity solutions impact the speed and availability of connections between at-home workers and the company network. Mission-critical processes may demand backup Internet connections in the event the primary connection breaks. Progent offers guidance for picking ISPs, picking sensible bandwidth and data volume packages, and integrating redundant Internet access. Refer to Internet access integration services.
IP Voice Solutions for Telecommuters
Expanding the corporate phone environment to include teleworkers is critical to supporting a productive work-at-home solution. A broad range of cloud-centric IP voice products are popular with small and mid-size businesses to server teleworkers. Many enterprises rely on Cisco's modern or legacy products for VoIP solutions. Progent can help businesses of any size to plan or maintain a remote IP voice service that provides the flexibility, transparency and protection needed for telecommuters. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice experts can provide high-level support to help businesses tune their current Cisco VoIP systems to handle a growing remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) extends advanced IP telephony features to devices such as IP phones, media processing platforms, Voice over IP gateways, and mixed media software used across the network. Unified Communications Manager manages additional mixed media services such as messaging, video conferencing, and team interaction networks. For details about Progent's Unified Communications Manager expertise, refer to Cisco Unified Communications Manager consulting services.
- CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing software and has been superseded by CUCM. Progent's consultants can assist your company to maintain your existing CallManager deployment or migrate efficiently to Cisco's current IP telephony products. To learn about Progent's support services for CallManager and Cisco's other early VoIP products, see Cisco CallManager expertise.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable integration with public telephony networks and with clients operating beyond the corporate perimeter
such as at-home workers. Progent offers consulting expertise for Cisco's legacy IP gateways such as the UC520, UC540 and UC560 series as well as for modern Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway configuration consulting.
- Other VoIP Products supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can help you to expand your WAN architecture to support these solutions and deliver as-needed deployment and debugging services.
Video Conferencing for Remote Workers
A broad selection of voice/video conferencing products from major technology companies support virtual meetings, video conferencing, chat, and screen sharing for both local users and telecommuters. Many companies use a mix of products to accommodate their different partners and clients. Progent's communications experts can assist you to maintain your existing conferencing environment and enhance the engagement of your at-home employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular unified communications product that supports real-time presence, IM, audio and video conferencing as well as the transparent integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent offers the expertise of Microsoft-certified specialists who can help you to deploy and manage Skype for Business client software to accommodate your at-home employees. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Skype for Business, refer to Skype for Business consulting services.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video calling app for compatible iOS and macOS devices. FaceTime works over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Newer editions of FaceTime support up to 32 simultaneous users for voice/video calls. For details about Progent's consulting services for FaceTime, see Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides remote conferencing for virtually all computing devices. Delivered through Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex capabilities include sharing granular content or computer screens, presentations that embed rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint, session capture, plus revision and playback for training. For details about Progent's support expertise for Cisco Webex as well as for additional video conferencing products from Cisco, see Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a hub for conversations, contacts, and content with features such as voice/video calling, persistent threaded chat, plus file sharing. To learn more about Progent's support services for Teams as well as for other Microsoft 365 products, visit Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Voice/Video Conferencing Apps supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide integration and debugging expertise for these conferencing platforms and
help you to optimize your WAN infrastructure to run them.
Microsoft Collaboration Platforms for an At-Home Workforce
Microsoft's collaboration products are closely integrated with Microsoft's popular Office families, providing a powerful environment of applications that create a consistent user interface for sharing data and ideas throughout multiple sites and on a wide range of endpoint computers. Progent has delivered remote consulting services for SharePoint and Exchange since their first publication and can help businesses to deploy these critical collaboration products to optimize the productivity of your remote workforce.
SharePoint utilizes web sites to allow collaboration and information delivery by offering policy-driven access to content, workflow, and utilities for looking through company-wide business data. SharePoint permits you to create protected portals that permits at-home workforce to view and update aggregated corporate intelligence via Wikis, Blogs, social sites, and Web Parts. To learn about Progent's SharePoint consulting services, go to SharePoint integration and application development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For details about Progent's Exchange consulting services, refer to deployment consulting for Microsoft Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoftís collaborative cloud file hosting and synchronization service, similar to GoogleDrive. At-home workers can save files to the OneDrive service, and colleagues can share them securely through a browser. Included with Microsoft 365, OneDrive enables home employees to co-edit files. Edits created offline are uploaded when you go back online. To learn about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft OneDrive, go to Onedrive integration consulting.
Public Cloud Integration Services for Teleworkers
Progent can provide advanced online assistance for helping organizations to create, maintain and optimize cohesive network architectures that combine physical data centers, remote workers, branch offices, plus cloud services. Progent offers top-tier consultant for all modes of cloud service such as Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help teleworkers resolve issues with cloud access, identity, and cybersecurity.
Microsoft Azure is a leading family of public cloud software and services that allows you to utilize infrastructure, servers, and key applications running on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Azure includes more than one hundred services services including hosting for Windows and Linux-based VMs, scalable cloud storage, email and messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and data backup. Progent can assist your organization to set up VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity control with Azure Active Directory, and plan data backup and recovery solutions with Azure Backup. Progent can also help you create secure connections to Azure services for remote workers by configuring and troubleshooting firewalls and VPN IPsec tunnels. For details about Progent's support services for Microsoft Azure, visit Azure consulting.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing family of business productivity software and cloud-based services offered on a subscription basis. Microsoft applications and cloud services are marketed in a variety of bundles designed for customers ranging from individuals and households to major corporations. Progent can provide fast and affordable remote contact with consultants knowledgeable about Office 365-compatible endpoints based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent can help your business to assess the various subscription plans available for Office 365 and configure 365 apps for your at-home workers in a way that delivers maximum business value. For information about Progent's expertise for Microsoft Office 365, see Office 365 consulting support.
Exchange Online is one of the most popular applications in the Microsoft 365 product product suite. Office 365 Exchange Online provides the advantages of reduced costs for physical infrastructure, simplified management, dynamic scaling, high reliability, and additional advantages associated with public clouds. Microsoft has engineered Microsoft 365 Exchange Online to operate seamlessly with on-premises Exchange environments, enabling you to build hybrid cloud/onsite networks. Progent's Exchange consultants are available for as-needed assistance to guide you past challenging technical roadblocks and also offer end-to-end project management services to make sure your remote workers have easy and secure access to your Office 365 Exchange Online environment. For information Progent's consulting services for Microsoft 365 Exchange Online, go to Office 365 Exchange Online configuration and support expertise.
Amazon AWS is a trailblazer in the public cloud computing arena and is the world's top provider of cloud-based services. Progent can provide quick and affordable online contact with cloud integration consultants who can help your business to design, implement, maintain, and debug hybrid IT networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud services with on-premises resources and with other public clouds like Microsoft Azure. Progent also can provide the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to assist you to create a high-uptime network architecture to make sure your users have a consistent computing experience regardless of whether they are working from your headquarters, a branch office, at home, or on the road. To learn about Progent's consulting expertise for Amazon AWS, refer to Amazon AWS integration support.
Google Cloud Platform is a leading suite of public cloud services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can help your organization to expand your current IT assets with the Google Cloud, and Progent's DBA experts can show you how to make your key applications cloud ready so your remote workers can take full advantage of Google Cloud Platform services. Progent's consultants can assist you to deploy virtual machines on GCP Compute Engine, plan an efficient storage system with Google Cloud Storage, and streamline identity management for telecommuters with Google Cloud Identity services. Progent can also help your organization to use GCP's management technology to administer and track your Google Cloud environment. To learn, go to Google Cloud Platform integration services.
Help Desk Support for At-Home Workers
A sudden, company-wide changeover to a telecommuter workforce, which could be activated by an epidemic or as part of a disaster recovery process, can overstretch even a high-performing in-house Call Center. Progent's Help Desk Call Center services make it possible for businesses of any size to outsource or expand their Call Desk with Progent's remote Technical Response Center (TRC) team.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk Call Center support services utilize Progent's extensive team of online technical support experts along with world-class ticketing and tracking technology to offer an affordable, advanced Support Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide a comprehensive solution that handles all aspects of online Level 1 desktop support from initial service requests to ticket generation, screen sharing, issue resolution, and reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal allows from-home workers to track or revise their active trouble tickets, enter details, and upload screen captures and relevant files. Support services are delivered at a significant discount off Progent's ordinary Level 1 desktop service charges, and Progent offers the option of rapid escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 IT specialists to deal with complex issues. To learn more, go to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small companies.
- Progent's Call Center Augmentation Service allows you to augment your existing Help Desk Call Center team by sharing delivery of Call Center support services seamlessly between your regular support personnel and Progent's extensive roster of PC support technicians and subject matter specialists. Progent's co-managed Help Desk service uses a collective support solution utilizing the leading professional services automation tool for handling help requests and trouble tickets, establishing responsibility, monitoring progress, and producing reports. To find out how Progent's Call Desk Augmentation Services can help your company to deliver best-in-class technical support to your teleworkers, refer to Progent's Support Desk supplementation Services.
Cybersecurity for At-Home Workers
Teleworkers commonly use their own equipment and work in an unsecured area. This increases their vulnerability to cyber attacks and demands judicious use of security appliances, remote monitoring, and the creation of policies that adhere to best practices. Progent's seasoned roster of certified data security experts can help your business to design, deploy and manage a compliant security environment that guards vital data in networks that incorporate telecommuters.
- Firewalls enable companies to build a network that can be securely utilized by on-premises users and by telecommuters, mobile employees, vendors, clients, and other stakeholders. Modern firewall appliances permit you to configure and manage different access rights to various classes of users and to scale your network and adjust your security profile as your company evolves and as network attacks grow increasingly sophisticated. Progent supports both new and older security appliances from all leading manufacturers including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. To learn more about Progent's firewall configuration services, refer to firewall integration and support expertise.
- Online Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it easy to watch over the various devices used by teleworkers and either block or identify and respond to modern cyber attacks like ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a lightweight software agent is installed on every protected endpoint, monitoring all activity and utilizing state-of-the-art AI technology to detect new threats at inception. When an attack is spotted, ProSight ASM immediately disconnects the impacted device from the network to contain the malware. Because the ProSight ASM software agent is self-contained, endpoints stay protected even if they are not connected to the Internet. For details about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, visit remote endpoint monitoring for teleworkers.
- Security Audits can assess the vulnerability of your information system to all classes of external and internal security threats for an environment that includes at-home workers. Progent can run remote, automated security analysis software for quickly and affordably detecting a broad range of security holes that can be found via the Internet. Progent's endpoint security audit experts, which can be managed by network security professionals with advanced credentials including CISA, CISSP, and GIAC, can assist your business to evaluate your operations and policies and review your network architecture to enable you to implement top-level security for your an at-home workforce.
Data Protection Solutions for At-Home Workers
Data Protection covers backing up and recovering vital data in order to avoid data loss and minimize recovery time and effort in case of storage failures resulting from equipment issues, software glitches, human mistakes, malware, or any other reason. Dependable data protection strategies can be particularly difficult to design and maintain in hybrid networks that incorporate in-house data centers, cloud resources, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Restore solutions for remote workers must cover multiple types of user-owned endpoints. Progent offers fast remote access to consultants knowledgeable about a wide range of products for protection Microsoft Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX servers and desktop computers as well as laptops, iOS and Android tablets and handhelds. Leading backup/recovery products supported by Progent's backup/recovery consultants include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, CrashPlan, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To back up data distributed across a wide area network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services, a managed backup/recovery subscription service that uses cloud storage and includes granular recovery and centralized management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) plans often envision circumstances that call for a temporary changeover to telecommuting. Progent's expert disaster recovery planning consultants and business continuity planning specialists can help your business to create, document and test a DR/BC plan that addresses the process of switching to telecommuting.
Unified Management for an At-Home Workforce
Microsoft has renamed and reshuffled its endpoint management platforms under the title Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud management of mobile and remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing on-premises endpoints. Endpoint Manager offers a unified platform for protecting critical data by controlling onsite, mobile, and at-home endpoint devices.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also includes Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and securing mobile devices and applications. Managed endpoint devices can be user owned or business owned. Network admins managing the endpoint computers of teleworkers can utilize Intune to provision and validate apps on devices, push updates and certificates, configure rules for permission to access information and resources, set passwords, establish VPN connections, control how home-based workers share data, establish threat defense, ensure security compliance, and erase corporate information from lost, stolen or decommissioned endpoint devices. Microsoft Intune runs with iOS/iPadOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS computers. To learn about Microsoft Intune and how Progent can assist you to use this platform to manage the endpoint computers of your telecommuters, go to Intune remote device management consultants.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich unified Mobile Device Management (MDM) product that allows network administrators to keep offsite endpoints current and protected. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch technology for unified endpoint administration combined with VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery platform for authorization control, application management, and configuration management of endpoints. Workspace ONE operates with devices powered by Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-premises deployment via a perpetual license. Top features of Workspace ONE include fast remote deployment of out-of-the-box laptops, quick onboarding of new employees, policy setting and enforcement for all categories of devices, unifies reporting and analytics, email encryption, and tight integration with Microsoft apps and cloud-based products. To learn about Progent's support for VMware Workspace ONE, see VMware Workspace ONE remote endpoint management consultants.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Support Services
To get in touch with Progent about creating and managing an efficient telecommuter solution for your Broomfield, Colorado company, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.