Expanding your remote workforce may have a major impact on network infrastructure, security, and corporate processes. Progent has two decades of experience helping SMBs to plan, configure, administer, optimize, and debug IT environments that incorporate a remote workforce. Progent can assist your Broomfield company to pick the right tools and adhere to best practices in creating and operating a secure virtual ecosystem for telecommuters that promotes teamwork and delivers top business value. Progent can provide services ranging from as-needed expertise for helping you over occasional IT bottlenecks to comprehensive project management or co-management to help you carry out business-critical initiatives.
Progent's consultants can help Broomfield, Colorado businesses to succeed with any aspect of building a high-functioning work-from-home environment by delivering network infrastructure design and configuration services, VoIP PBX expertise, voice/video conferencing support, collaboration platform selection and deployment, cloud connectivity, Help Desk services, data security, backup/restore solutions, and unified management.
Infrastructure for Teleworkers
Configuring the physical and software infrastructure needed to support an at-home work environment can be particularly complicated if you have to accommodate a mix of worker-owned equipment like desktop computers and notebooks, routers, and wireless APs from various vendors and with a variety of OS software and firmware levels. Progent's experience delivering online help for both legacy as well as modern IT products in virtual office venues enables you to make efficient use of your existing infrastructure and offers ready access to expertise for implement essential updates. Support services available from Progent to assist your company to implement a productive telecommuting infrastructure include:
- VPN connectivity allows you to create a secure tunnel for authenticated at-home workers to use IT resources situated at your corporate data center or in a public cloud. Progent can help your company to deploy and manage VPN connections between your teleworkers and your key network resources by providing online VPN configuration consulting. For organizations with Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco ASA consultants can assist your telecommuters to set up Cisco's AnyConnect client software for secure VPN connections for a wide selection of devices including Windows, macOS, Apple iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure platforms enable a telecommuter to view and interact with a remote PC's desktop. This provides network managers significant control over the computing environment of at-home employees and offers remote users a consistent and more productive work experience. Progent's VDI services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI solutions.
- Routers connect home computer networks to the Internet and typically support VPN tunnels, local wireless networks, and firewalls. Progent offers expert online consulting for configuring home routers from a variety of manufacturers. See router configuration support from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, typically shared by the whole family and guests, are commonly used by telecommuters to connect to their router for work. This can create performance and security issues. Progent can help you to resolve these problems by providing expertise that include Aironet configuration consulting, Cisco Meraki WiFi deployment consulting, and Ubiquiti wireless AP setup assistance.
- Internet access methods affect the speed and availability of connections between telecommuters and the company network. Mission-critical applications might require redundant Internet access in the event the primary connection breaks. Progent can provide expertise for identifying Internet service providers, selecting sensible service offerings, and configuring high-availability Internet access. Refer to Internet connectivity solutions.
IP Voice Integration for Telecommuters
Extending the business PBX environment to include teleworkers is critical to maintaining a productive at-home workforce. A broad range of cloud-based VoIP platforms are used by SMBs to support telecommuters. Many enterprises rely on Cisco's current or legacy platforms for VoIP solutions. Progent can help organizations of all sizes to design or maintain a telecommuter IP voice service that delivers the flexibility, transparency and security needed for teleworkers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice consultants offer high-level support to assist businesses optimize their current Cisco VoIP systems to support a growing at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM or CUCM) extends high-end telephony capabilities to devices such as VoIP phones, media processing products, Voice over IP gateways, and mixed media apps deployed across the network. CUCM supports other mixed media services such as unified messaging, voice/video conferencing, and customer collaboration networks. For details about Progent's Unified Communications Manager expertise, see CUCM expertise.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing agent and has been replaced by Cisco Unified CM. Progent can assist your company to support your current CallManager deployment or migrate smoothly to Cisco's modern IP telephony solutions. To find out about Progent's expertise for CallManager and Cisco's other early IP voice products, refer to Cisco CallManager expertise.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide connectivity with public telephony networks and with users operating outside the corporate firewall
such as telecommuters. Progent can provide expert support for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways such as the UC520, UC540 and UC560 series and for modern Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway configuration expertise.
- Other VoIP Products supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can assist you to expand your WAN infrastructure to support these solutions and deliver online deployment and troubleshooting expertise.
Video Conferencing for Teleworkers
A wide selection of video conferencing platforms from leading technology companies enable online discussions, video and voice conferencing, chat sessions, and content sharing for both onsite users and teleworkers. Many companies utilize a mix of products to accommodate their different partners and clients. Progent's communications experts can help your organization to manage your existing conferencing environment and optimize the engagement of your at-home workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular unified communications product that enables presence, IM, audio and video conferencing as well as the seamless integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent can provide the skills of Microsoft-certified specialists who can assist your company to set up and maintain Skype for Business clients to accommodate your at-home workforce. For details about Progent's consulting services for Skype for Business, visit Skype for Business consulting services.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video phone app for iOS and macOS devices. FaceTime works on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Later editions of FaceTime support as many as 32 concurrent users for voice/video calls. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for FaceTime, visit Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides online conferencing for most desktop or mobile devices. Offered through Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex services include sharing discrete content or computer screens, presentations that embed rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint, network-based recording, plus revision and playback for future reference. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Cisco Webex and for other video conferencing solutions from Cisco, see Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a portal for conferencing, contacts, and content with features such as video conferencing, threaded chat, plus file sharing. For details about Progent's support services for Microsoft Teams as well as for other Microsoft 365 products, visit Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Voice/Video Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide integration and debugging expertise for these products and
help your business to optimize your WAN infrastructure to host them.
Microsoft Collaboration Software for Teleworkers
Microsoft's collaboration products are tightly integrated with Microsoft's popular Office suites, offering a rich ecosystem of applications that deliver a consistent user experience for sharing information across multiple sites and on a broad range of endpoint devices. Progent has provided online consulting services for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange since their original publication and can assist businesses to deploy these critical collaboration products to maximize the effectiveness of your remote workers.
SharePoint uses web entities to allow collaboration and information delivery by offering policy-based delivery of data, business processes, and utilities for searching through enterprise-wide business data. SharePoint enables you to create protected portals that enables at-home workers to see and update consolidated business intelligence by means of Wikis, Blogs, social sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). For information about Progent's SharePoint support services, refer to SharePoint integration and development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For details about Progent's Exchange consulting services, see deployment expertise for Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoftís collaborative cloud-based storage service, similar to GoogleDrive. Remote workers can save files to OneDrive, and colleagues anywhere can share them securely via a browser. Provided with Office 365, OneDrive allows home employees to co-author files. Revisions made offline are automatically uploaded when you reconnect to the Internet. To find out about Progent's support services for Microsoft OneDrive, see Microsoft Onedrive integration consulting.
Cloud Integration Services for Teleworkers
Progent offers advanced remote support for enabling organizations to build, maintain and troubleshoot integrated hybrid network models that combine internal data centers, at-home workers, branch offices, and public cloud services. Progent can provide top-tier consultant for all modes of cloud service including Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service. Progent can help remote workers resolve issues with public cloud connectivity, identity, and security.
Microsoft Azure is a leading platform for cloud services that enables you to use infrastructure, servers, and key applications hosted on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Microsoft Azure offers over one hundred services services such as hosting for Windows and Linux-powered virtual machines, scalable cloud storage, messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and data backup. Progent can help your organization to deploy VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity management with Azure AD, and plan backup and recovery solutions with Azure Backup. Progent can also help you create secure connections to Azure services for telecommuters by setting up and troubleshooting firewall appliances and VPN IPsec tunnels. For information about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Azure, see Azure consulting services.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing family of client productivity applications and cloud services available on a subscription basis. Office applications and cloud services are provided in a variety of bundles designed for customers ranging from individuals and households to major corporations. Progent offers quick and affordable online contact with experts familiar with Microsoft 365-compatible devices running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent's experts can assist you to evaluate the numerous subscription plans offered with Office 365 and configure 365 applications for your remote workers to achieve top business value. For information about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Office 365, refer to Microsoft Office 365 integration expertise.
Exchange Online is among the most popular applications in the Office 365 product line. Microsoft 365 Exchange Online provides the benefits of reduced spending for data center infrastructure, easier management, dynamic scaling, high reliability, and other advantages associated with cloud computing. Microsoft has engineered Exchange Online to run transparently with local Exchange environments, enabling customers to create hybrid networks. Progent's Exchange experts can provide as-needed assistance to get you past challenging IT roadblocks and also offer end-to-end project management services to make sure your at-home workers have easy and safe access to your Microsoft 365 Exchange Online environment. To learn Progent's expertise for Office 365 Exchange Online, refer to Microsoft 365 Exchange Online integration and troubleshooting expertise.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a trailblazer in the public cloud computing arena and is the industry's biggest provider of cloud services. Progent can provide fast and affordable online access to cloud integration experts who can assist your business to plan, deploy, manage, and troubleshoot hybrid IT networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud services with on-premises resources and with other popular cloud platforms like Microsoft Azure. Progent also can provide access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to assist your company to build a high-availability network model so your users have a consistent computing experience whether they are working from your headquarters, a remote branch, at home, or on the road. For information about Progent's expertise for Amazon AWS, go to Amazon AWS consulting services.
Google Cloud Platform (GCP) is a leading suite of cloud services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can help your organization to expand your existing IT resources with the Google Cloud, and Progent's database experts can help you make your critical apps cloud friendly so your telecommuters can benefit fully from Google Cloud services. Progent's consultants can assist your organization to set up VMs on Google Cloud Compute Engine, design a cost-effective storage system with GCP Storage, and simplify access control for remote workers with Google Cloud Identity. Progent's experts can also help your organization to use GCP's unified management tools to administer and track your Google Cloud ecosystem. For information, visit Google Cloud Platform integration expertise.
Help Desk Call Center Support for Telecommuters
A rapid, organization-wide switchover to a teleworker business model, which might be motivated by a pandemic or as an element of a disaster recovery preparedness plan, can overwhelm even a high-performing in-house Call Center. Progent's Help Desk Call Center services allow organizations to outsource or expand their Support Desk by using Progent's online Technical Response Center (TRC) team.
- Progent's Standard Call Center support services utilize Progent's nationwide network of remote technical support specialists combined with enterprise-class trouble ticketing and tracking technology to offer an economical, state-of-the-art Help Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer an end-to-end solution that addresses all aspects of remote Level 1 desktop technical support from help requests to ticket creation, desktop sharing, issue resolution, and incident reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal enables from-home workers to track or revise their current tickets, enter details, and append screen captures or attachments. Desktop support services are delivered at a substantial price reduction off Progent's ordinary Level 1 desktop support rates, and Progent makes available the option of rapid escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 IT specialists to deal with advanced problems. For details, visit Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small and mid-size companies.
- Progent's Support Desk Supplemental Service allows you to expand your existing Help Desk Call Center organization by sharing delivery of Call Center support services transparently between your in-house support staff and Progent's extensive pool of desktop support technicians and subject matter experts. Progent's co-managed Help Desk service is based on a collective support model based on the leading PSA tool for managing help requests and trouble tickets, establishing ownership, monitoring progress, and producing reports. To learn how Progent's Call Desk Supplementation Services can help your business to provide best-in-class IT support to your telecommuters, refer to Progent's Call Desk supplementation Services.
Security for Teleworkers
Telecommuters often use their personal computers and work in an unsecured environment. This increases their exposure to cyber attacks and requires careful deployment of security appliances, remote monitoring, and the creation of security policies that follow leading practices. Progent's seasoned roster of certified data security experts can help your business to design, deploy and manage a modern cybersecurity solution that guards critical data in networks that incorporate remote workers.
- Firewalls allow companies to build a network that can be securely accessed by on-premises users and by teleworkers, mobile workers, vendors, clients, and the public. Next-generation firewall devices permit you to assign and manage appropriate access rights to different classes of users and to scale your network and adjust your security profile as your business evolves and as cyber threats become more complex. Progent works with both current and legacy firewall appliances from all leading vendors including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. For more information about Progent's firewall support services, go to firewall configuration and support services.
- Online Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it possible to track the disparate devices used by an at-home workforce and either block or identify and mitigate modern cyber attacks like ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a lightweight agent is installed on each protected endpoint, monitoring all activity and utilizing advanced behavioral threat analysis to identify zero-day attacks at inception. When an attack is discovered, ProSight ASM instantly isolates the infected endpoint from the corporate network to contain the malware. Because the ProSight ASM software agent is self-contained, endpoint devices stay secure even if they are offline. For more information about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, go to remote endpoint monitoring for telecommuters.
- Security Audits can assess the vulnerability of your information system to all classes of outside and local security attacks for a network that incorporates at-home workers. Progent can deploy online, automated security analysis scanning for quickly and affordably uncovering a wide variety of security holes that can be surfaced over the Internet. Progent's endpoint security audit experts, which can be provided by data security professionals with top certifications including CISA, CISSP, and GIAC, can help you to audit your workflows and governance policies and review your WAN infrastructure to allow you to implement the highest level of security for your telecommuters.
Data Protection Solutions for Teleworkers
Data Protection involves backing up and restoring vital information so as to prevent data loss and minimize recovery time in case of storage failures resulting from hardware issues, software glitches, operator error, cyber attack, or other causes. Reliable data protection solutions can be particularly difficult to architect and maintain in hybrid networks that combine local data centers, public clouds, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Restore solutions for telecommuters must address multiple types of personally owned endpoint devices. Progent offers fast remote help from consultants familiar with a wide range of products for protection Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktops as well as laptops, iOS and Android tablets and smartphones. Leading backup/restore products supported by Progent's data protection experts include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, CrashPlan, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To back up data spread across a wide area network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a backup/recovery subscription service that utilizes cloud-based storage and includes granular recovery and unified management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity plans commonly envision scenarios that require a temporary switch to a work-at-home environment. Progent's expert disaster recovery planning consultants and business continuity planning consultants can help your company to create, document and test a DR/BC plan that includes the logistics of moving to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for Remote Workers
Microsoft has rebranded and rebundled its endpoint management products under the name Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud management of remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing on-premises endpoints. Endpoint Manager provides a centralized solution for safeguarding corporate data by managing local, mobile, and home-based endpoints.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also features Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and protecting remote devices and software. Remote endpoint computers can be personally owned or business owned. IT admins managing the enrolled endpoint computers of at-home workers can utilize Intune to provision and authenticate applications on managed devices, push updates and certificates, configure rules for permission to access information and networks, manage passwords, create VPN connections, determine how telecommuters share information, establish threat defense, verify security compliance, and wipe sensitive data from lost, stolen or decommissioned devices. Microsoft Intune can be used with iOS, Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X computers. For details about Intune and how Progent can help you to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to administer the devices of your telecommuters, visit Intune telecommuter device management experts.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced unified Mobile Device Management (MDM) product that helps network managers to keep off-premises endpoints up to date and protected. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch technology for centralized endpoint management plus VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery technology for identity control, app management, and setup management of endpoint devices. Workspace ONE runs with devices based on Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-site deployment via a one-time purchase. Key features of VMware Workspace ONE include fast over-the-air provisioning of new notebooks, immediate onboarding of new users, policy setting and enforcement for all classes of devices, unifies reporting and analytics, email encryption, and integration with Microsoft applications and cloud services. For details about Progent's expertise for VMware Workspace ONE, see VMware Workspace ONE mobile endpoint management expertise.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Support Services
To contact Progent about building and managing a productive telecommuter environment for your Broomfield, Colorado business, phone 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.