Overview of Progent's Ransomware Forensics Analysis and Reporting Services in Buffalo
Progent's ransomware forensics consultants can save the evidence of a ransomware assault and carry out a detailed forensics investigation without impeding activity required for business resumption and data recovery. Your Buffalo business can use Progent's post-attack ransomware forensics report to combat subsequent ransomware attacks, assist in the cleanup of encrypted data, and meet insurance carrier and governmental mandates.
Ransomware forensics investigation is aimed at tracking and documenting the ransomware attack's storyline across the targeted network from start to finish. This history of how a ransomware attack travelled through the network helps you to assess the damage and brings to light vulnerabilities in rules or processes that should be corrected to prevent later breaches. Forensic analysis is commonly given a high priority by the insurance provider and is often required by state and industry regulations. Because forensics can be time consuming, it is essential that other key recovery processes such as operational continuity are performed in parallel. Progent maintains a large team of IT and security professionals with the knowledge and experience required to carry out activities for containment, business continuity, and data recovery without disrupting forensics.
Ransomware forensics is complicated and calls for close interaction with the teams focused on data cleanup and, if necessary, settlement negotiation with the ransomware Threat Actor. forensics typically require the review of logs, registry, Group Policy Object (GPO), AD, DNS servers, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and basic Windows systems to detect anomalies.
Services associated with forensics investigation include:
- Disconnect without shutting off all potentially suspect devices from the network. This may involve closing all RDP ports and Internet facing NAS storage, modifying admin credentials and user PWs, and setting up two-factor authentication to guard backups.
- Preserve forensically valid digital images of all suspect devices so the data recovery team can proceed
- Save firewall, virtual private network, and additional critical logs as soon as possible
- Identify the variety of ransomware used in the assault
- Inspect every computer and data store on the system as well as cloud-hosted storage for indications of encryption
- Catalog all compromised devices
- Determine the type of ransomware used in the attack
- Review logs and user sessions to establish the time frame of the ransomware attack and to spot any possible sideways movement from the originally compromised system
- Understand the attack vectors exploited to perpetrate the ransomware attack
- Search for new executables surrounding the first encrypted files or network compromise
- Parse Outlook PST files
- Examine email attachments
- Extract URLs embedded in email messages and check to see whether they are malicious
- Produce comprehensive attack documentation to meet your insurance and compliance regulations
- List recommendations to close security vulnerabilities and improve workflows that reduce the exposure to a future ransomware breach
Progent has provided online and on-premises network services across the United States for more than 20 years and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's roster of subject matter experts includes professionals who have earned advanced certifications in core technology platforms including Cisco infrastructure, VMware virtualization, and major distributions of Linux. Progent's cybersecurity consultants have earned prestigious certifications such as CISM, CISSP-ISSAP, and CRISC. (Refer to Progent's certifications). Progent also offers top-tier support in financial management and Enterprise Resource Planning applications. This broad array of expertise allows Progent to salvage and integrate the undamaged pieces of your network after a ransomware intrusion and reconstruct them rapidly into a viable network. Progent has collaborated with top cyber insurance carriers including Chubb to assist organizations recover from ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Analysis Expertise in Buffalo
To learn more about ways Progent can assist your Buffalo organization with ransomware forensics investigation, call 1-800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.