Progent's Ransomware Forensics Analysis and Reporting in Buffalo
Progent's ransomware forensics consultants can capture the evidence of a ransomware assault and carry out a detailed forensics investigation without impeding activity related to operational continuity and data recovery. Your Buffalo business can use Progent's ransomware forensics documentation to combat future ransomware assaults, validate the restoration of lost data, and comply with insurance and governmental mandates.
Ransomware forensics analysis involves discovering and documenting the ransomware attack's progress across the targeted network from start to finish. This history of the way a ransomware attack progressed through the network assists you to evaluate the impact and brings to light shortcomings in policies or work habits that should be rectified to avoid later breaches. Forensics is commonly assigned a top priority by the insurance provider and is typically mandated by government and industry regulations. Because forensic analysis can take time, it is vital that other important recovery processes like business continuity are executed concurrently. Progent maintains a large team of IT and cybersecurity experts with the knowledge and experience required to perform the work of containment, operational continuity, and data restoration without interfering with forensic analysis.
Ransomware forensics analysis is arduous and calls for intimate cooperation with the teams responsible for data cleanup and, if necessary, payment discussions with the ransomware hacker. Ransomware forensics can involve the examination of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object, Active Directory, DNS servers, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and core Windows systems to look for variations.
Activities involved with forensics include:
- Isolate without shutting down all potentially affected devices from the network. This can involve closing all Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) ports and Internet facing network-attached storage, modifying admin credentials and user passwords, and configuring 2FA to secure backups.
- Create forensically sound digital images of all suspect devices so the file restoration team can proceed
- Preserve firewall, virtual private network, and additional critical logs as quickly as possible
- Establish the strain of ransomware used in the assault
- Examine every computer and data store on the network including cloud storage for signs of compromise
- Catalog all compromised devices
- Establish the kind of ransomware involved in the assault
- Review log activity and sessions to determine the time frame of the ransomware attack and to identify any possible lateral movement from the first compromised system
- Understand the attack vectors exploited to perpetrate the ransomware assault
- Look for new executables surrounding the first encrypted files or network compromise
- Parse Outlook web archives
- Examine email attachments
- Extract URLs from email messages and check to see if they are malicious
- Provide extensive incident reporting to satisfy your insurance carrier and compliance regulations
- List recommended improvements to close security gaps and enforce workflows that lower the risk of a future ransomware exploit
Progent has provided online and onsite IT services across the U.S. for more than 20 years and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's roster of subject matter experts (SBEs) includes consultants who have earned advanced certifications in core technologies including Cisco networking, VMware virtualization, and major Linux distros. Progent's cybersecurity experts have earned industry-recognized certifications including CISA, CISSP-ISSAP, and CRISC. (See Progent's certifications). Progent also offers guidance in financial and ERP software. This broad array of skills allows Progent to identify and consolidate the surviving pieces of your IT environment after a ransomware attack and rebuild them quickly into a functioning system. Progent has worked with top cyber insurance providers like Chubb to help organizations recover from ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Expertise in Buffalo
To learn more information about ways Progent can assist your Buffalo organization with ransomware forensics analysis, call 1-800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.