Ransomware Hot Line: 800-462-8800
24x7 Online Access to a Top-tier Ransomware Consultant
Ransomware needs time to steal its way across a target network. For this reason, ransomware assaults are typically launched on weekends and late at night, when support staff may be slower to recognize a break-in and are least able to organize a rapid and coordinated response. The more lateral movement ransomware is able to manage inside a victim's network, the longer it will require to restore basic IT services and scrambled files and the more data can be exfiltrated to the dark web.
Progent's Ransomware Hot Line is designed to assist you to carry out the time-critical first phase in mitigating a ransomware attack by stopping the bleeding. Progent's remote ransomware engineer can help organizations in the Buffalo area to identify and quarantine infected devices and guard undamaged resources from being penetrated.
If your network has been breached by any version of ransomware, don't panic. Get help quickly by calling Progent's Ransomware Hot Line at 800-462-8800.
Progent's Ransomware Recovery Services Available in Buffalo
Modern variants of ransomware like Ryuk, Maze, DopplePaymer, and Egregor encrypt online data and invade any available backups. Files synchronized to the cloud can also be impacted. For a vulnerable network, this can make system recovery nearly impossible and basically throws the datacenter back to square one. So-called Threat Actors, the cybercriminals behind a ransomware assault, demand a ransom payment for the decryptors needed to unlock encrypted data. Ransomware attacks also attempt to exfiltrate files and TAs require an extra ransom for not posting this data or selling it. Even if you are able to restore your system to an acceptable point in time, exfiltration can be a big issue according to the sensitivity of the stolen data.
The restoration work after a ransomware attack involves several distinct phases, the majority of which can be performed concurrently if the recovery team has enough people with the required experience.
- Containment: This urgent first step involves arresting the sideways spread of ransomware within your network. The longer a ransomware attack is allowed to go unchecked, the more complex and more expensive the recovery effort. Recognizing this, Progent maintains a 24x7 Ransomware Hotline staffed by seasoned ransomware response experts. Containment activities include isolating affected endpoint devices from the rest of network to block the spread, documenting the IT system, and securing entry points.
- System continuity: This covers restoring the IT system to a basic acceptable level of functionality with the shortest possible delay. This effort is typically at the highest level of urgency for the targets of the ransomware attack, who often see it as a life-or-death issue for their company. This project also requires the broadest range of technical abilities that cover domain controllers, DHCP servers, physical and virtual machines, PCs, laptops and mobile phones, databases, office and line-of-business apps, network topology, and secure endpoint access management. Progent's recovery experts use advanced workgroup tools to coordinate the multi-faceted recovery effort. Progent appreciates the urgency of working rapidly, continuously, and in unison with a customer's managers and IT staff to prioritize activity and to get essential services on line again as fast as possible.
- Data recovery: The work necessary to recover files impacted by a ransomware attack varies according to the condition of the systems, the number of files that are encrypted, and which recovery methods are needed. Ransomware assaults can destroy critical databases which, if not properly closed, might need to be rebuilt from scratch. This can include DNS and Active Directory databases. Exchange and Microsoft SQL Server rely on Active Directory, and many manufacturing and other business-critical platforms are powered by SQL Server. Often some detective work may be required to find undamaged data. For instance, non-encrypted Outlook Email Offline Folder Files may exist on staff PCs and laptops that were off line at the time of the ransomware assault.
- Deploying modern antivirus/ransomware defense: Progent's Active Security Monitoring offers small and mid-sized businesses the advantages of the identical AV tools deployed by some of the world's largest enterprises such as Walmart, Citi, and NASDAQ. By delivering real-time malware blocking, classification, containment, restoration and analysis in one integrated platform, ProSight Active Security Monitoring lowers TCO, streamlines management, and expedites operational continuity. The next-generation endpoint protection (NGEP) incorporated in Progent's ProSight ASM was ranked by Gartner Group as the industry's "most visionary Endpoint Protection Platform." Find out about Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring next-generation endpoint protection and ransomware defense.
- Negotiation with the hacker Progent is experienced in negotiating ransom settlements with hackers. This calls for working closely with the ransomware victim and the cyber insurance carrier, if any. Activities include determining the kind of ransomware involved in the attack; identifying and establishing communications the hacker; verifying decryption capabilities; budgeting a settlement amount with the ransomware victim and the insurance carrier; negotiating a settlement amount and timeline with the TA; checking adherence to anti-money laundering regulations; overseeing the crypto-currency transfer to the TA; acquiring, reviewing, and operating the decryptor utility; debugging decryption problems; building a clean environment; remapping and reconnecting datastores to reflect precisely their pre-encryption state; and reprovisioning machines and software services.
- Forensic analysis: This process involves uncovering the ransomware assault's storyline throughout the network from start to finish. This audit trail of how a ransomware attack travelled within the network helps your IT staff to assess the damage and brings to light weaknesses in rules or work habits that need to be rectified to avoid later break-ins. Forensics involves the examination of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object, AD, DNS, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and core Windows systems to check for anomalies. Forensics is commonly assigned a high priority by the insurance carrier. Because forensics can be time consuming, it is vital that other important activities like business resumption are executed concurrently. Progent maintains an extensive roster of information technology and security professionals with the knowledge and experience needed to carry out activities for containment, business resumption, and data restoration without disrupting forensics.
Progent has provided online and onsite network services across the U.S. for over 20 years and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's roster of subject matter experts (SBEs) includes professionals who have been awarded high-level certifications in core technology platforms such as Cisco infrastructure, VMware, and major Linux distros. Progent's data security consultants have earned prestigious certifications such as CISM, CISSP, and CRISC. (Refer to Progent's certifications). Progent also offers guidance in financial management and Enterprise Resource Planning applications. This breadth of skills gives Progent the ability to identify and consolidate the undamaged parts of your network after a ransomware intrusion and rebuild them quickly into a functioning network. Progent has collaborated with leading insurance carriers including Chubb to help organizations recover from ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent for Ransomware Recovery Services in Buffalo
For ransomware system restoration consulting services in the Buffalo area, phone Progent at 800-462-8800 or see Contact Progent.