Ransomware Hot Line: 800-462-8800
24x7 Online Help from a Senior Ransomware Engineer
Ransomware needs time to steal its way through a network. Because of this, ransomware attacks are commonly unleashed on weekends and late at night, when IT staff may take longer to recognize a break-in and are less able to mount a rapid and coordinated defense. The more lateral progress ransomware is able to manage inside a victim's network, the more time it will require to restore basic operations and scrambled files and the more data can be exfiltrated to the dark web.
Progent's Ransomware Hot Line is intended to help you to complete the time-critical first phase in responding to a ransomware assault by containing the malware. Progent's remote ransomware experts can help organizations in the Cabo Frio area to identify and isolate infected devices and guard undamaged resources from being compromised.
If your system has been breached by any strain of ransomware, act fast. Get immediate help by calling Progent's Ransomware Hot Line at 800-462-8800.
Progent's Ransomware Response Expertise Available in Cabo Frio
Current variants of ransomware like Ryuk, Sodinokibi, DopplePaymer, and Egregor encrypt online files and infiltrate any accessible system restores and backups. Data synchronized to the cloud can also be impacted. For a poorly defended network, this can make system recovery almost impossible and basically knocks the datacenter back to the beginning. Threat Actors, the hackers responsible for ransomware attack, insist on a ransom payment for the decryption tools required to unlock encrypted files. Ransomware assaults also try to exfiltrate information and hackers demand an extra ransom for not publishing this information on the dark web. Even if you are able to restore your system to an acceptable point in time, exfiltration can be a major problem depending on the nature of the downloaded data.
The restoration work after a ransomware penetration has several distinct stages, the majority of which can proceed in parallel if the recovery team has a sufficient number of members with the necessary skill sets.
- Quarantine: This time-critical first step requires arresting the sideways progress of the attack across your network. The longer a ransomware assault is allowed to run unrestricted, the more complex and more costly the recovery effort. Because of this, Progent keeps a 24x7 Ransomware Hotline monitored by veteran ransomware response experts. Containment processes include isolating affected endpoint devices from the rest of network to minimize the spread, documenting the environment, and securing entry points.
- System continuity: This involves restoring the network to a minimal useful degree of functionality with the shortest possible downtime. This process is usually the top priority for the victims of the ransomware assault, who often perceive it to be an existential issue for their business. This project also demands the widest array of IT abilities that cover domain controllers, DHCP servers, physical and virtual servers, desktops, notebooks and smart phones, databases, productivity and mission-critical applications, network topology, and protected endpoint access management. Progent's ransomware recovery experts use state-of-the-art collaboration tools to organize the multi-faceted recovery effort. Progent appreciates the urgency of working quickly, continuously, and in concert with a client's management and IT group to prioritize tasks and to get vital services on line again as fast as feasible.
- Data restoration: The work necessary to recover data impacted by a ransomware assault varies according to the condition of the network, the number of files that are affected, and which recovery methods are required. Ransomware attacks can destroy pivotal databases which, if not properly shut down, may need to be reconstructed from the beginning. This can include DNS and Active Directory (AD) databases. Exchange and SQL Server rely on Active Directory, and many financial and other mission-critical applications are powered by SQL Server. Often some detective work may be needed to find clean data. For example, non-encrypted OST files (Outlook Email Offline Folder Files) may exist on staff desktop computers and notebooks that were off line during the attack.
- Implementing advanced antivirus/ransomware defense: Progent's ProSight ASM utilizes SentinelOne's machine learning technology to offer small and medium-sized companies the benefits of the same AV technology implemented by some of the world's largest enterprises such as Netflix, Visa, and NASDAQ. By delivering real-time malware filtering, detection, containment, recovery and forensics in a single integrated platform, Progent's ASM lowers total cost of ownership, simplifies management, and promotes rapid operational continuity. SentinelOne's next-generation endpoint protection engine incorporated in Progent's ProSight ASM was ranked by Gartner Group as the "most visionary Endpoint Protection Platform." Progent is a SentinelOne Partner. Find out about Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring next-generation endpoint protection and ransomware recovery with SentinelOne technology.
- Negotiating a settlement with the hacker Progent is experienced in negotiating ransom settlements with threat actors. This calls for close co-operation with the ransomware victim and the insurance carrier, if any. Services include establishing the type of ransomware involved in the assault; identifying and establishing communications the hacker persona; testing decryption tool; budgeting a settlement amount with the ransomware victim and the cyber insurance provider; negotiating a settlement amount and timeline with the hacker; confirming adherence to anti-money laundering (AML) sanctions; overseeing the crypto-currency disbursement to the TA; acquiring, learning, and using the decryptor tool; troubleshooting failed files; building a pristine environment; remapping and connecting datastores to match precisely their pre-encryption state; and restoring computers and software services.
- Forensic analysis: This process involves learning the ransomware attack's progress throughout the network from beginning to end. This history of how a ransomware attack progressed through the network helps your IT staff to assess the damage and uncovers weaknesses in rules or processes that need to be rectified to avoid later break-ins. Forensics entails the review of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object, Active Directory (AD), DNS, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and core Windows systems to check for anomalies. Forensic analysis is usually given a top priority by the cyber insurance provider. Since forensics can be time consuming, it is vital that other key recovery processes like operational continuity are pursued concurrently. Progent has an extensive roster of information technology and cybersecurity experts with the skills needed to perform activities for containment, business continuity, and data recovery without disrupting forensic analysis.
Progent has delivered remote and onsite network services across the United States for over 20 years and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's roster of subject matter experts (SMEs) includes professionals who have been awarded high-level certifications in foundation technologies including Cisco infrastructure, VMware, and popular distributions of Linux. Progent's data security experts have earned prestigious certifications such as CISM, CISSP-ISSAP, and CRISC. (See certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also has top-tier support in financial management and Enterprise Resource Planning applications. This scope of skills gives Progent the ability to identify and integrate the surviving pieces of your information system following a ransomware assault and rebuild them rapidly into a viable system. Progent has collaborated with top insurance providers including Chubb to assist organizations clean up after ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent for Ransomware System Restoration Expertise in Cabo Frio
For ransomware cleanup services in the Cabo Frio metro area, call Progent at 800-462-8800 or go to Contact Progent.