Ransomware Hot Line: 800-462-8800
24x7 Online Help from a Top-tier Ransomware Engineer
Ransomware needs time to work its way across a network. Because of this, ransomware assaults are commonly launched on weekends and late at night, when support staff may be slower to become aware of a breach and are less able to organize a rapid and coordinated response. The more lateral progress ransomware can achieve inside a victim's network, the more time it takes to restore core operations and damaged files and the more data can be stolen and posted to the dark web.
Progent's Ransomware Hot Line is designed to help you to take the urgent first phase in responding to a ransomware assault by containing the malware. Progent's remote ransomware engineer can help organizations in the Cabo Frio metro area to identify and isolate infected devices and guard clean resources from being penetrated.
If your network has been breached by any version of ransomware, act fast. Get immediate help by calling Progent's Ransomware Hot Line at 800-462-8800.
Progent's Ransomware Recovery Expertise Offered in Cabo Frio
Modern strains of crypto-ransomware like Ryuk, Maze, Netwalker, and Nephilim encrypt online data and invade any accessible system restores. Files synched to the cloud can also be impacted. For a vulnerable network, this can make system restoration almost impossible and basically knocks the datacenter back to square one. Threat Actors (TAs), the hackers behind a ransomware attack, demand a ransom fee in exchange for the decryption tools required to unlock scrambled files. Ransomware attacks also attempt to steal (or "exfiltrate") information and hackers demand an extra payment in exchange for not publishing this data on the dark web. Even if you are able to restore your network to an acceptable date in time, exfiltration can pose a big problem depending on the nature of the downloaded information.
The recovery work after a ransomware penetration has several crucial stages, most of which can be performed concurrently if the recovery team has enough members with the required experience.
- Containment: This urgent initial response requires arresting the lateral progress of the attack across your network. The more time a ransomware attack is allowed to run unchecked, the longer and more costly the restoration effort. Recognizing this, Progent keeps a round-the-clock Ransomware Hotline monitored by veteran ransomware response experts. Containment processes include cutting off affected endpoint devices from the rest of network to minimize the spread, documenting the IT system, and securing entry points.
- Operational continuity: This involves restoring the network to a basic acceptable level of functionality with the shortest possible delay. This process is usually the top priority for the victims of the ransomware attack, who often perceive it to be a life-or-death issue for their business. This activity also requires the broadest range of IT skills that cover domain controllers, DHCP servers, physical and virtual machines, PCs, laptops and smart phones, databases, productivity and line-of-business applications, network architecture, and secure remote access management. Progent's ransomware recovery experts use state-of-the-art workgroup platforms to coordinate the complicated recovery effort. Progent understands the urgency of working rapidly, tirelessly, and in concert with a client's management and IT staff to prioritize tasks and to put essential services on line again as quickly as possible.
- Data recovery: The effort necessary to recover data impacted by a ransomware assault depends on the state of the systems, the number of files that are affected, and what recovery techniques are required. Ransomware attacks can take down critical databases which, if not carefully shut down, may need to be rebuilt from scratch. This can apply to DNS and AD databases. Microsoft Exchange and SQL Server depend on AD, and many manufacturing and other mission-critical applications depend on Microsoft SQL Server. Often some detective work may be needed to locate undamaged data. For instance, undamaged OST files may exist on employees' PCs and laptops that were off line at the time of the assault.
- Deploying modern AV/ransomware defense: Progent's ProSight ASM gives small and medium-sized businesses the benefits of the same AV tools implemented by many of the world's largest corporations including Netflix, Visa, and NASDAQ. By providing real-time malware filtering, identification, containment, restoration and analysis in one integrated platform, ProSight Active Security Monitoring lowers TCO, simplifies administration, and promotes rapid recovery. The next-generation endpoint protection engine incorporated in Progent's Active Security Monitoring was listed by Gartner Group as the industry's "most visionary Endpoint Protection Platform." Find out about Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) next-generation endpoint protection and ransomware defense.
- Negotiation with the hacker Progent is experienced in negotiating settlements with hackers. This requires close co-operation with the victim and the cyber insurance carrier, if any. Activities include determining the kind of ransomware involved in the attack; identifying and making contact with the hacker; verifying decryption capabilities; deciding on a settlement with the ransomware victim and the insurance carrier; establishing a settlement amount and schedule with the TA; confirming adherence to anti-money laundering (AML) sanctions; overseeing the crypto-currency transfer to the hacker; receiving, reviewing, and operating the decryptor utility; troubleshooting decryption problems; creating a clean environment; remapping and connecting drives to reflect precisely their pre-encryption condition; and reprovisioning physical and virtual devices and software services.
- Forensic analysis: This process involves discovering the ransomware assault's storyline throughout the network from start to finish. This audit trail of the way a ransomware attack travelled through the network helps you to assess the damage and highlights shortcomings in policies or processes that need to be corrected to prevent future breaches. Forensics entails the examination of all logs, registry, GPO, Active Directory (AD), DNS, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and basic Windows systems to look for variations. Forensics is usually given a high priority by the cyber insurance carrier. Because forensics can take time, it is essential that other key recovery processes such as business continuity are performed in parallel. Progent has a large team of IT and security professionals with the knowledge and experience required to perform the work of containment, business resumption, and data recovery without disrupting forensics.
Progent has provided remote and onsite network services throughout the United States for more than 20 years and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's roster of subject matter experts includes professionals who have earned high-level certifications in foundation technology platforms including Cisco infrastructure, VMware virtualization, and major distributions of Linux. Progent's data security consultants have earned internationally recognized certifications such as CISM, CISSP, and GIAC. (Refer to Progent's certifications). Progent also has top-tier support in financial management and ERP applications. This scope of skills allows Progent to identify and consolidate the surviving pieces of your network after a ransomware assault and reconstruct them quickly into an operational system. Progent has collaborated with top cyber insurance providers including Chubb to assist businesses recover from ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent for Ransomware System Recovery Services in Cabo Frio
For ransomware cleanup consulting services in the Cabo Frio area, call Progent at 800-462-8800 or go to Contact Progent.