Ransomware Hot Line: 800-462-8800
24x7 Online Help from a Top-tier Ransomware Consultant
Ransomware requires time to steal its way across a target network. Because of this, ransomware assaults are typically launched on weekends and late at night, when support personnel may take longer to recognize a break-in and are least able to organize a quick and forceful response. The more lateral progress ransomware can make within a target's system, the more time it will require to recover core IT services and damaged files and the more data can be stolen and posted to the dark web.
Progent's Ransomware Hot Line is intended to assist organizations to complete the time-critical first step in mitigating a ransomware attack by stopping the bleeding. Progent's online ransomware experts can help organizations in the Cabo Frio metro area to identify and quarantine infected servers and endpoints and guard clean resources from being penetrated.
If your system has been penetrated by any version of ransomware, act fast. Get immediate help by calling Progent's Ransomware Hot Line at 800-462-8800.
Progent's Ransomware Recovery Expertise Offered in Cabo Frio
Modern variants of crypto-ransomware like Ryuk, Maze, Netwalker, and Egregor encrypt online data and infiltrate any accessible system restores and backups. Data synchronized to the cloud can also be impacted. For a vulnerable environment, this can make system recovery nearly impossible and basically throws the IT system back to square one. So-called Threat Actors (TAs), the hackers behind a ransomware attack, demand a settlement fee in exchange for the decryption tools required to recover scrambled data. Ransomware assaults also attempt to steal (or "exfiltrate") information and TAs require an additional payment for not publishing this information or selling it. Even if you can restore your system to a tolerable point in time, exfiltration can pose a big issue depending on the sensitivity of the stolen data.
The restoration process after a ransomware penetration involves several distinct phases, most of which can be performed concurrently if the response workgroup has a sufficient number of members with the required skill sets.
- Containment: This time-critical first response requires blocking the lateral progress of ransomware across your IT system. The more time a ransomware attack is permitted to run unrestricted, the more complex and more costly the restoration process. Recognizing this, Progent keeps a 24x7 Ransomware Hotline staffed by seasoned ransomware response engineers. Containment activities include cutting off infected endpoints from the rest of network to block the spread, documenting the environment, and securing entry points.
- Operational continuity: This covers bringing back the IT system to a basic acceptable degree of capability with the least delay. This process is usually the highest priority for the victims of the ransomware assault, who often perceive it to be an existential issue for their business. This activity also demands the widest array of technical skills that cover domain controllers, DHCP servers, physical and virtual servers, PCs, laptops and smart phones, databases, productivity and mission-critical applications, network architecture, and protected remote access management. Progent's ransomware recovery experts use advanced collaboration tools to coordinate the multi-faceted restoration effort. Progent understands the importance of working rapidly, continuously, and in unison with a client's management and IT group to prioritize tasks and to get critical services back online as quickly as possible.
- Data recovery: The work necessary to recover data damaged by a ransomware assault varies according to the condition of the systems, how many files are affected, and what recovery techniques are required. Ransomware assaults can destroy pivotal databases which, if not carefully closed, might have to be reconstructed from scratch. This can include DNS and Active Directory (AD) databases. Exchange and Microsoft SQL Server depend on Active Directory, and many financial and other mission-critical applications depend on Microsoft SQL Server. Often some detective work could be needed to find clean data. For example, non-encrypted Outlook Email Offline Folder Files may have survived on staff PCs and laptops that were off line during the ransomware attack. Progent's Altaro VM Backup consultants can help you to utilize immutable backup for cloud object storage, allowing tamper-proof data for a set duration so that backup data cannot be erased or modified by anyone including administrators. This adds another level of security and restoration ability in case of a ransomware breach.
- Deploying modern antivirus/ransomware protection: Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring utilizes SentinelOne's machine learning technology to offer small and mid-sized companies the advantages of the same anti-virus technology deployed by some of the world's largest enterprises including Walmart, Citi, and NASDAQ. By delivering in-line malware blocking, detection, containment, recovery and analysis in one integrated platform, Progent's ASM lowers TCO, simplifies management, and expedites resumption of operations. SentinelOne's next-generation endpoint protection engine incorporated in Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring was listed by Gartner Group as the "most visionary Endpoint Protection Platform." Progent is a SentinelOne Partner, dealer, and integrator. Learn about Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) next-generation endpoint protection and ransomware recovery with SentinelOne technology.
- Negotiating a settlement with the hacker Progent has experience negotiating settlements with threat actors. This calls for working closely with the victim and the insurance carrier, if any. Services include establishing the type of ransomware involved in the attack; identifying and establishing communications the hacker; verifying decryption capabilities; budgeting a settlement amount with the victim and the cyber insurance provider; negotiating a settlement amount and timeline with the hacker; confirming compliance with anti-money laundering (AML) sanctions; overseeing the crypto-currency disbursement to the hacker; acquiring, learning, and operating the decryptor tool; troubleshooting decryption problems; creating a clean environment; remapping and connecting datastores to match precisely their pre-attack state; and restoring computers and software services.
- Forensics: This activity is aimed at learning the ransomware attack's progress throughout the network from beginning to end. This audit trail of how a ransomware assault progressed through the network helps your IT staff to evaluate the impact and uncovers shortcomings in security policies or work habits that should be corrected to avoid later breaches. Forensics entails the review of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object (GPO), AD, DNS servers, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and core Windows systems to detect anomalies. Forensic analysis is commonly assigned a top priority by the cyber insurance provider. Since forensic analysis can take time, it is vital that other important activities such as operational resumption are executed in parallel. Progent has an extensive team of information technology and cybersecurity experts with the knowledge and experience required to perform the work of containment, operational resumption, and data recovery without disrupting forensic analysis.
Progent has provided remote and on-premises IT services across the U.S. for over two decades and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's roster of SMEs includes professionals who have earned high-level certifications in core technology platforms including Cisco networking, VMware, and popular Linux distros. Progent's cybersecurity consultants have earned prestigious certifications such as CISA, CISSP-ISSAP, and CRISC. (See certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also offers top-tier support in financial and Enterprise Resource Planning applications. This scope of skills allows Progent to identify and integrate the undamaged parts of your IT environment following a ransomware attack and reconstruct them rapidly into a functioning system. Progent has worked with leading insurance providers including Chubb to assist organizations recover from ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent for Ransomware Cleanup Services in Cabo Frio
For ransomware system restoration consulting services in the Cabo Frio area, call Progent at 800-462-8800 or go to Contact Progent.