Ransomware Hot Line: 800-462-8800
24x7 Remote Access to a Senior Ransomware Consultant
Ransomware needs time to steal its way through a target network. Because of this, ransomware assaults are typically launched on weekends and at night, when IT personnel may be slower to become aware of a breach and are less able to mount a rapid and coordinated defense. The more lateral progress ransomware can manage within a target's network, the longer it will require to recover core IT services and scrambled files and the more data can be stolen and posted to the dark web.
Progent's Ransomware Hot Line is intended to guide organizations to carry out the time-critical first phase in responding to a ransomware attack by stopping the bleeding. Progent's online ransomware experts can assist businesses in the Cabo Frio metro area to identify and quarantine infected servers and endpoints and guard clean assets from being compromised.
If your network has been penetrated by any version of ransomware, act fast. Get immediate help by calling Progent's Ransomware Hot Line at 800-462-8800.
Progent's Ransomware Response Expertise Offered in Cabo Frio
Modern strains of crypto-ransomware like Ryuk, Sodinokibi, DopplePaymer, and Nephilim encrypt online files and invade any available system restores and backups. Files synched to the cloud can also be corrupted. For a vulnerable network, this can make automated restoration almost impossible and basically throws the IT system back to square one. So-called Threat Actors, the hackers responsible for ransomware attack, demand a settlement payment for the decryption tools required to recover encrypted files. Ransomware assaults also try to exfiltrate information and hackers require an additional payment for not posting this information on the dark web. Even if you are able to restore your system to an acceptable point in time, exfiltration can pose a major problem depending on the nature of the downloaded data.
The restoration process after a ransomware penetration has several distinct phases, most of which can proceed in parallel if the response team has enough people with the required experience.
- Containment: This urgent initial step requires arresting the lateral spread of the attack across your network. The more time a ransomware assault is allowed to go unchecked, the longer and more costly the restoration effort. Because of this, Progent maintains a round-the-clock Ransomware Hotline staffed by seasoned ransomware response engineers. Containment processes include cutting off affected endpoints from the network to restrict the contagion, documenting the IT system, and protecting entry points.
- System continuity: This covers restoring the IT system to a basic useful level of functionality with the least downtime. This effort is typically the top priority for the victims of the ransomware attack, who often perceive it to be an existential issue for their business. This project also demands the widest array of IT skills that cover domain controllers, DHCP servers, physical and virtual servers, desktops, notebooks and mobile phones, databases, office and line-of-business apps, network topology, and safe remote access management. Progent's recovery team uses advanced workgroup platforms to coordinate the complex recovery process. Progent understands the importance of working rapidly, tirelessly, and in concert with a client's managers and IT group to prioritize activity and to get vital services back online as quickly as feasible.
- Data restoration: The effort required to recover files impacted by a ransomware assault varies according to the state of the network, how many files are encrypted, and what restore techniques are needed. Ransomware attacks can take down critical databases which, if not carefully closed, might need to be reconstructed from scratch. This can apply to DNS and AD databases. Exchange and SQL Server depend on AD, and many financial and other business-critical platforms are powered by Microsoft SQL Server. Some detective work may be needed to locate clean data. For instance, non-encrypted Outlook Email Offline Folder Files may exist on employees' PCs and laptops that were not connected at the time of the assault. Progent's Altaro VM Backup experts can help you to deploy immutability for cloud object storage, enabling tamper-proof data while under the defined policy so that backup data cannot be modified or deleted by any user including administrators. This adds an extra level of protection and recoverability in case of a successful ransomware attack.
- Implementing advanced antivirus/ransomware protection: ProSight ASM utilizes SentinelOne's machine learning technology to give small and medium-sized companies the benefits of the identical anti-virus technology used by many of the world's largest corporations such as Walmart, Citi, and Salesforce. By providing real-time malware filtering, classification, containment, restoration and forensics in one integrated platform, Progent's ProSight ASM reduces total cost of ownership, simplifies administration, and promotes rapid operational continuity. SentinelOne's next-generation endpoint protection (NGEP) built into in Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring was ranked by Gartner Group as the industry's "most visionary Endpoint Protection Platform (EPP)." Progent is a SentinelOne Partner, dealer, and integrator. Find out about Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring endpoint protection and ransomware recovery with SentinelOne technology.
- Negotiation with the threat actor (TA): Progent has experience negotiating settlements with hackers. This requires close co-operation with the victim and the cyber insurance carrier, if any. Services consist of determining the kind of ransomware involved in the assault; identifying and making contact with the hacker persona; testing decryption tool; budgeting a settlement amount with the victim and the cyber insurance carrier; negotiating a settlement and schedule with the TA; confirming adherence to anti-money laundering sanctions; carrying out the crypto-currency disbursement to the hacker; receiving, reviewing, and operating the decryptor utility; troubleshooting decryption problems; creating a pristine environment; mapping and connecting drives to match exactly their pre-attack state; and restoring computers and software services.
- Forensics: This process involves uncovering the ransomware attack's storyline across the network from start to finish. This history of the way a ransomware attack travelled within the network helps you to assess the impact and highlights shortcomings in security policies or processes that should be rectified to avoid future break-ins. Forensics entails the examination of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object (GPO), Active Directory (AD), DNS servers, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and core Windows systems to look for variations. Forensic analysis is usually assigned a top priority by the insurance carrier. Because forensic analysis can be time consuming, it is essential that other key activities like business resumption are pursued concurrently. Progent has a large team of information technology and security professionals with the skills needed to perform activities for containment, business resumption, and data recovery without interfering with forensic analysis.
Progent has provided remote and on-premises network services throughout the U.S. for more than 20 years and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's roster of subject matter experts (SMEs) includes professionals who have been awarded advanced certifications in foundation technology platforms including Cisco networking, VMware, and popular distributions of Linux. Progent's data security consultants have earned prestigious certifications such as CISA, CISSP, and GIAC. (Refer to certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also has guidance in financial management and ERP software. This breadth of skills allows Progent to identify and integrate the surviving pieces of your IT environment following a ransomware assault and rebuild them quickly into a viable system. Progent has collaborated with leading cyber insurance carriers like Chubb to help businesses recover from ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent for Ransomware Cleanup Consulting Services in Cabo Frio
For ransomware system recovery consulting services in the Cabo Frio metro area, call Progent at 800-462-8800 or go to Contact Progent.