Progent's Ransomware Settlement Negotiation Services in Cabo Frio
Progent has experience negotiating ransomware settlements with threat actors. Negotiating an optimum settlement is a complex exercise that calls for a combination of field experience, IT skills and business acumen. It also demands working closely with the victim's IT team and the cyber insurance provider, if there is one. Since the number one goal of the ransomware victim is operational continuity, it is critical to deploy response groups that work efficiently, concurrently, and in close communication. Progent offers the scope of IT knowledge and the depth of personnel to complement your network staff and restore your network environment rapidly and economically.
Support offered by Progent's ransomware settlement team include:
Concurrent with the ransom negotiations, Progent's ransomware team can help with:
- Establishing the type of ransomware involved in the assault
- identifying and contacting the hacker
- Evaluating the likelihood of recovery
- Verifying the hacker's decryption tool
- Deciding on an acceptable settlement with the victim and the insurance carrier
- Establishing a settlement amount and timeline with the hacker
- Confirming accordance with anti-money laundering (AML) sanctions
- Managing the crypto-currency disbursement to the hacker
- Receiving, reviewing, and using the hacker's decryption mechanism
- If necessary, contacting the TA for technical assistance with the decryptor tool
After the decryption tool has been mastered, Progent can help you to restore computers and software services to their original condition. Progent can also help you to perform a forensics investigation and generate a report to share with the insurance carrier. This document identifies security gaps that need to be corrected and suggests actions that can be performed to counter subsequent ransomware attacks.
- Quarantining affected endpoints to arrest the progress of the assault
- Creating replicas of every breached device and data store in order to perform forensics in parallel with restoration
- Adding A/V agents to all virus-free endpoints
- Recovering data from offline restores or unscathed machines
- Building a pristine environment
- Mapping and connecting drives to match precisely their pre-attack state
Settling Exfiltration Ransoms
Beyond extorting payment for a decryption tool, current variants of ransomware like Ryuk, Maze, Netwalker, and Nephilim commonly attempt to exfiltrate files. TAs are then able to require an additional payment in exchange for not posting this data on the dark web. Sadly, there exists no way to prove that stolen files have been totally erased by the threat actor. Actually, in numerous instances the threat actor has limited say about where the information ends up. Settling an exfiltration ransom does not eliminate the necessity of seeking the guidance of privacy lawyers, performing an investigation into which files were stolen, and performing the required alerts to impacted entities. In general, paying an exfiltration ransom is not recommended.
Progent has delivered online and onsite IT services across the U.S. for more than 20 years and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's team of SMEs includes professionals who have been awarded advanced certifications in core technology platforms such as Cisco infrastructure, VMware virtualization, and major Linux distros. Progent's cybersecurity experts have earned prestigious certifications including CISM, CISSP, and CRISC. (See Progent's certifications). Progent also offers guidance in financial and Enterprise Resource Planning applications. This breadth of skills allows Progent to identify and integrate the surviving pieces of your IT environment following a ransomware assault and reconstruct them quickly into a viable network. Progent has collaborated with top insurance providers including Chubb to assist organizations clean up after ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Crypto-Ransomware Settlement Negotiation Expertise in Cabo Frio
To contact with Progent about ransomware settlement expertise in Cabo Frio, call Progent at 800-462-8800 or go to Contact Progent.