Overview of Progent's Ransomware Settlement Negotiation Services in Cabo Frio
Progent is experienced in negotiating ransomware settlements with threat actors. Negotiating an optimum settlement is a complicated exercise that requires a mix of field experience, technical knowledge and business savvy. It also calls for close co-operation with the cyber-extortion target's IT staff and the insurance provider, if there is one. Because the top priority of the ransomware target is operational continuity, it is critical to establish recovery teams that operate efficiently, in parallel, and in close communication. Progent has the breadth of technical knowledge and the deep bench of experts to complement your IT staff and recover your network environment quickly and affordably.
Support provided by Progent's ransomware settlement negotiation team include:
Concurrent with the ransom negotiations, Progent's ransomware staff can help with:
- Determining the kind of ransomware involved in the assault
- making contact with the hacker persona
- Assessing the likelihood of recovery
- Validating the TA's decryption tool
- Deciding on an acceptable settlement with the victim and the insurance provider
- Establishing a settlement amount and timeline with the TA
- Verifying adherence to anti-money laundering sanctions
- Managing the crypto-currency payment to the TA
- Acquiring, learning, and operating the hacker's decryptor mechanism
- If necessary, contacting the hacker for assistance with the decryption tool
After the decryption utility has been learned, Progent can assist you to restore computers and software services to their original state. Progent can also help you to conduct comprehensive forensics and generate a document to share with the insurance provider. This document identifies security gaps that need to be corrected and suggests actions to be taken to block future ransomware attacks.
- Quarantining affected endpoints to arrest the progress of the attack
- Making replicas of each compromised device and data store in order to perform forensics in parallel with recovery
- Adding A/V protection to all clean endpoints
- Recovering data from air-gapped backups or uncompromised endpoints
- Building a pristine environment
- Mapping and connecting datastores to reflect precisely their pre-attack condition
Paying Exfiltration Ransoms
In addition to demanding money for a decryption tool, modern strains of crypto-ransomware such as Ryuk, Sodinokibi, DopplePaymer, and Nephilim commonly try to exfiltrate information. Hackers are then able to demand an extra settlement in exchange for not posting this information on the dark web. Sadly, there exists no method to prove that exfiltrated files have been completely deleted by the TA. Actually, in many instances the TA has little control over the disposition of the data. Paying an exfiltration ransom does not free you from the necessity of engaging the guidance of privacy lawyers, conducting an audit on which data were stolen, and sending the mandated alerts to affected entities. In almost all cases, paying an exfiltration ransom is not recommended.
Progent has delivered online and onsite network services across the United States for more than two decades and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's team of subject matter experts (SBEs) includes consultants who have been awarded high-level certifications in foundation technologies including Cisco infrastructure, VMware, and major Linux distros. Progent's cybersecurity consultants have earned prestigious certifications including CISA, CISSP-ISSAP, and CRISC. (Refer to Progent's certifications). Progent also has top-tier support in financial and Enterprise Resource Planning software. This broad array of expertise gives Progent the ability to salvage and consolidate the surviving parts of your network after a ransomware assault and reconstruct them rapidly into a viable network. Progent has worked with top insurance carriers like Chubb to help businesses clean up after ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent about Crypto-Ransomware Settlement Services in Cabo Frio
To contact with Progent about ransomware settlement services in Cabo Frio, phone Progent at 800-462-8800 or go to Contact Progent.