Progent's Ransomware Settlement Negotiation Services in Cabo Frio
Progent has experience negotiating ransomware settlements with threat actors. Reaching an acceptable settlement is a complicated exercise that requires a mix of real-word experience, IT skills and business acumen. It also requires close co-operation with the victim's IT team and the insurance carrier, if any. Because the number one goal of the ransomware target is operational continuity, it is critical to establish response teams that work efficiently, in parallel, and in close communication. Progent offers the breadth of technical skills and the deep bench of personnel to complement your network staff and recover your network environment rapidly and economically.
Support provided by Progent's ransomware settlement negotiation experts include:
Concurrent with the settlement negotiations, Progent's ransomware team can assist with:
- Establishing the type of ransomware involved in the attack
- identifying and contacting the hacker
- Evaluating the likelihood of recovery
- Validating the threat actor's decryption tool
- Deciding on an acceptable settlement with the victim and the cyber insurance provider
- Negotiating a settlement and schedule with the hacker
- Verifying compliance with anti-money laundering (AML) sanctions
- Managing the crypto-currency transfer to the TA
- Acquiring, reviewing, and using the threat actor's decryption tool
- If necessary, contacting the hacker for assistance with the decryptor tool
After the decryption utility has been learned, Progent can help you to restore computers and services to their original state. Progent can also help you to perform comprehensive forensics and create a report to share with the cyber insurance provider. This report helps you to understand security gaps that must be corrected and recommends actions that should be performed to block subsequent ransomware attacks.
- Isolating infected endpoints to prevent further spread of the assault
- Creating digital copies of each compromised server and endpoint and data store to allow forensics without interfering with recovery
- Adding A/V agents to all clean endpoints
- Recovering data from offline restores or uncompromised machines
- Creating a clean environment
- Mapping and reconnecting drives to match exactly their pre-attack state
Settling Exfiltration Ransoms
In addition to extorting money for a decryption tool, current variants of crypto-ransomware such as Ryuk, Maze, DopplePaymer, and Egregor often attempt to steal (or "exfiltrate") files. TAs are then able to demand a separate settlement for not posting this data on the dark web. Sadly, there exists no way to prove that exfiltrated data have been totally deleted by the TA. Actually, in numerous cases the TA has little say over data custody. Settling an exfiltration ransom does not free you from the need for engaging the advice of privacy attorneys, performing an inventory of data were stolen, and performing the necessary notifications to impacted entities. In almost all cases, paying an exfiltration ransom is not recommended.
Progent has provided online and onsite network services throughout the United States for over two decades and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's roster of subject matter experts includes professionals who have been awarded high-level certifications in core technology platforms including Cisco infrastructure, VMware virtualization, and popular distributions of Linux. Progent's data security consultants have earned internationally recognized certifications such as CISA, CISSP-ISSAP, and CRISC. (Refer to Progent's certifications). Progent also offers guidance in financial management and Enterprise Resource Planning applications. This scope of expertise allows Progent to identify and consolidate the undamaged pieces of your IT environment following a ransomware assault and rebuild them quickly into an operational network. Progent has worked with leading insurance carriers including Chubb to assist businesses clean up after ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Settlement Guidance in Cabo Frio
To contact with Progent about ransomware settlement guidance in Cabo Frio, phone Progent at 800-462-8800 or go to Contact Progent.