Overview of Progent's Ransomware Settlement Negotiation Services in Cabo Frio
Progent has experience negotiating ransomware settlements with threat actors (TAs). Reaching an acceptable settlement is a complicated activity that calls for a combination of real-word experience, technical knowledge and business acumen. It also requires working closely with the victim's IT team and the insurance provider, if any. Because the number one goal of the ransomware target is operational continuity, it is critical to establish recovery groups that work efficiently, concurrently, and with intimate collaboration. Progent has the breadth of IT skills and the deep bench of experts to complement your IT support team and recover your network quickly and affordably.
Support offered by Progent's ransomware negotiation experts include:
Concurrent with the ransom negotiations, Progent's ransomware staff can assist with:
- Determining the type of ransomware used in the assault
- making contact with the hacker persona
- Assessing the recovery risk
- Validating the TA's decryption capabilities
- Budgeting a settlement payment with the victim and the cyber insurance carrier
- Establishing a settlement and schedule with the TA
- Confirming adherence to anti-money laundering regulations
- Carrying out the crypto-currency payment to the TA
- Acquiring, learning, and operating the TA's decryptor mechanism
- If necessary, contacting the TA for assistance with the decryption utility
Once the decryption utility has been learned, Progent can assist you to restore computers and services to their pre-arrack condition. Progent can also help you to perform a forensics investigation and create a document to deliver to the insurance provider. This document helps you to understand security gaps that must be eliminated and recommends steps that can be performed to block future ransomware attacks.
- Quarantining infected endpoints to arrest the spread of the attack
- Creating replicas of each compromised server and endpoint and data store to allow forensics in parallel with cleanup
- Adding anti-virus agents to all virus-free endpoints
- Salvaging files from offline restores or uncompromised machines
- Creating a pristine environment
- Remapping and connecting drives to reflect precisely their pre-attack condition
Settling Exfiltration Ransoms
In addition to demanding money for a decryption tool, modern variants of crypto-ransomware like Ryuk, Sodinokibi, Netwalker, and Egregor often attempt to exfiltrate files. TAs can then demand a separate settlement in exchange for not divulging this information or selling it. Unfortunately, there is no method to prove that exfiltrated files have been totally deleted by the threat actor. Actually, in many instances the hacker has little control over data custody. Paying an exfiltration ransom does not free you from the necessity of seeking the guidance of privacy attorneys, conducting an investigation into which files were taken, and carrying out the mandated notifications to affected entities. In general, paying an exfiltration ransom is a waste.
Progent has provided online and on-premises IT services throughout the U.S. for over 20 years and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's roster of SBEs includes professionals who have earned advanced certifications in core technologies including Cisco infrastructure, VMware virtualization, and popular Linux distros. Progent's data security consultants have earned industry-recognized certifications such as CISA, CISSP-ISSAP, and CRISC. (Refer to Progent's certifications). Progent also offers guidance in financial and Enterprise Resource Planning application software. This breadth of expertise allows Progent to identify and consolidate the undamaged pieces of your information system following a ransomware attack and reconstruct them quickly into a functioning network. Progent has collaborated with leading cyber insurance providers like Chubb to assist businesses recover from ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent about Crypto-Ransomware Settlement Negotiation Expertise in Cabo Frio
To contact with Progent about ransomware settlement expertise in Cabo Frio, call Progent at 800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.