Progent's Ransomware Forensics Analysis and Reporting in Calgary
Progent's ransomware forensics experts can preserve the evidence of a ransomware attack and carry out a detailed forensics investigation without slowing down the processes related to business continuity and data recovery. Your Calgary business can use Progent's post-attack ransomware forensics documentation to combat future ransomware assaults, assist in the recovery of encrypted data, and comply with insurance carrier and governmental mandates.
Ransomware forensics investigation involves tracking and documenting the ransomware assault's progress throughout the network from beginning to end. This history of the way a ransomware assault travelled within the network assists you to evaluate the impact and brings to light shortcomings in policies or processes that need to be rectified to avoid future breaches. Forensics is typically given a high priority by the cyber insurance carrier and is often required by government and industry regulations. Since forensic analysis can take time, it is critical that other important activities like operational resumption are executed concurrently. Progent maintains an extensive roster of IT and cybersecurity professionals with the knowledge and experience required to carry out the work of containment, operational resumption, and data restoration without interfering with forensic analysis.
Ransomware forensics investigation is complicated and calls for intimate interaction with the groups focused on data cleanup and, if needed, settlement discussions with the ransomware hacker. Ransomware forensics typically require the review of logs, registry, Group Policy Object, AD, DNS servers, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and basic Windows systems to check for changes.
Activities associated with forensics analysis include:
- Isolate without shutting down all possibly affected devices from the network. This can require closing all RDP ports and Internet facing network-attached storage, modifying admin credentials and user PWs, and implementing 2FA to guard your backups.
- Capture forensically valid images of all exposed devices so your data recovery group can get started
- Save firewall, VPN, and additional key logs as quickly as possible
- Establish the kind of ransomware involved in the assault
- Survey each machine and data store on the system including cloud-hosted storage for signs of encryption
- Catalog all encrypted devices
- Establish the kind of ransomware used in the attack
- Study logs and user sessions in order to determine the time frame of the ransomware attack and to spot any potential lateral migration from the originally infected system
- Identify the attack vectors exploited to carry out the ransomware assault
- Look for new executables surrounding the first encrypted files or system breach
- Parse Outlook web archives
- Examine email attachments
- Separate any URLs from email messages and check to see whether they are malware
- Provide extensive attack reporting to meet your insurance carrier and compliance regulations
- Document recommendations to close cybersecurity gaps and enforce processes that lower the exposure to a future ransomware breach
Progent has provided remote and on-premises IT services throughout the United States for more than two decades and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's team of subject matter experts (SBEs) includes professionals who have been awarded advanced certifications in core technology platforms such as Cisco networking, VMware virtualization, and popular distributions of Linux. Progent's data security experts have earned industry-recognized certifications such as CISA, CISSP, and CRISC. (See Progent's certifications). Progent also has guidance in financial and ERP applications. This scope of skills gives Progent the ability to identify and integrate the surviving parts of your information system following a ransomware attack and reconstruct them quickly into a viable network. Progent has collaborated with leading cyber insurance providers like Chubb to help businesses recover from ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Investigation Expertise in Calgary
To learn more about ways Progent can help your Calgary business with ransomware forensics, call 1-800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.