Progent's Ransomware Forensics Analysis and Reporting Services in Calgary
Progent's ransomware forensics experts can capture the evidence of a ransomware attack and carry out a comprehensive forensics investigation without disrupting activity related to operational continuity and data recovery. Your Calgary business can utilize Progent's forensics report to combat subsequent ransomware attacks, validate the restoration of encrypted data, and comply with insurance carrier and regulatory mandates.
Ransomware forensics analysis involves discovering and describing the ransomware attack's storyline throughout the targeted network from start to finish. This history of how a ransomware assault progressed through the network assists you to evaluate the impact and brings to light weaknesses in rules or work habits that should be corrected to prevent later breaches. Forensic analysis is typically assigned a top priority by the cyber insurance carrier and is typically mandated by state and industry regulations. Since forensic analysis can take time, it is critical that other important recovery processes such as business continuity are pursued concurrently. Progent has an extensive team of IT and data security experts with the skills required to perform activities for containment, operational resumption, and data restoration without disrupting forensics.
Ransomware forensics analysis is complicated and requires intimate interaction with the teams responsible for file cleanup and, if needed, settlement discussions with the ransomware Threat Actor. Ransomware forensics can require the examination of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object, AD, DNS, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and core Windows systems to check for anomalies.
Activities associated with forensics investigation include:
- Isolate but avoid shutting down all potentially impacted devices from the system. This can involve closing all Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) ports and Internet facing NAS storage, changing admin credentials and user passwords, and configuring two-factor authentication to guard backups.
- Copy forensically complete digital images of all exposed devices so the data recovery team can proceed
- Save firewall, virtual private network, and other critical logs as quickly as feasible
- Establish the variety of ransomware used in the attack
- Examine each computer and storage device on the system as well as cloud storage for signs of compromise
- Catalog all encrypted devices
- Determine the type of ransomware involved in the attack
- Study log activity and sessions in order to establish the time frame of the assault and to spot any potential lateral migration from the first compromised system
- Understand the security gaps used to carry out the ransomware assault
- Search for new executables associated with the original encrypted files or network compromise
- Parse Outlook PST files
- Analyze email attachments
- Extract URLs embedded in email messages and check to see whether they are malware
- Produce extensive attack documentation to meet your insurance and compliance mandates
- Suggest recommendations to close security vulnerabilities and improve processes that lower the risk of a future ransomware breach
Progent has provided online and on-premises IT services throughout the U.S. for over 20 years and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's team of SMEs includes professionals who have earned high-level certifications in foundation technology platforms such as Cisco networking, VMware, and major Linux distros. Progent's cybersecurity consultants have earned prestigious certifications including CISA, CISSP, and GIAC. (See Progent's certifications). Progent also has top-tier support in financial and ERP application software. This scope of skills gives Progent the ability to salvage and integrate the surviving pieces of your IT environment after a ransomware intrusion and rebuild them rapidly into a viable system. Progent has worked with leading insurance providers like Chubb to assist businesses recover from ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Analysis Services in Calgary
To find out more about how Progent can assist your Calgary organization with ransomware forensics investigation, call 1-800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.