Overview of Progent's Ransomware Forensics Analysis and Reporting Services in Calgary
Progent's ransomware forensics experts can capture the evidence of a ransomware attack and carry out a detailed forensics investigation without interfering with activity related to operational resumption and data restoration. Your Calgary organization can utilize Progent's forensics documentation to counter subsequent ransomware attacks, assist in the cleanup of encrypted data, and meet insurance carrier and regulatory reporting requirements.
Ransomware forensics analysis involves tracking and documenting the ransomware assault's progress across the network from beginning to end. This history of how a ransomware assault travelled within the network helps you to assess the impact and highlights gaps in rules or processes that need to be corrected to avoid later break-ins. Forensic analysis is usually assigned a top priority by the cyber insurance provider and is typically required by state and industry regulations. Because forensic analysis can be time consuming, it is critical that other important recovery processes like operational continuity are pursued concurrently. Progent has an extensive team of information technology and security professionals with the skills required to carry out the work of containment, business resumption, and data recovery without disrupting forensics.
Ransomware forensics analysis is complicated and calls for intimate cooperation with the teams responsible for data cleanup and, if needed, settlement talks with the ransomware Threat Actor. forensics can require the review of logs, registry, Group Policy Object, Active Directory, DNS, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and basic Windows systems to detect anomalies.
Services involved with forensics analysis include:
- Detach without shutting off all potentially suspect devices from the network. This may involve closing all Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) ports and Internet connected network-attached storage, changing admin credentials and user PWs, and configuring two-factor authentication to guard your backups.
- Capture forensically complete duplicates of all suspect devices so your file recovery team can get started
- Save firewall, virtual private network, and other key logs as soon as possible
- Determine the type of ransomware used in the attack
- Examine every machine and storage device on the system including cloud-hosted storage for indications of encryption
- Catalog all encrypted devices
- Determine the type of ransomware involved in the assault
- Review log activity and sessions in order to establish the time frame of the attack and to spot any potential sideways migration from the first compromised system
- Identify the security gaps exploited to carry out the ransomware assault
- Search for new executables surrounding the first encrypted files or system compromise
- Parse Outlook PST files
- Examine email attachments
- Extract any URLs embedded in email messages and check to see whether they are malware
- Produce comprehensive incident documentation to satisfy your insurance carrier and compliance requirements
- Document recommendations to shore up cybersecurity vulnerabilities and enforce workflows that lower the risk of a future ransomware breach
Progent has provided remote and on-premises network services throughout the U.S. for more than two decades and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's roster of SBEs includes consultants who have earned advanced certifications in foundation technology platforms such as Cisco infrastructure, VMware, and major Linux distros. Progent's data security experts have earned industry-recognized certifications including CISA, CISSP-ISSAP, and CRISC. (Refer to certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also offers top-tier support in financial management and ERP applications. This broad array of expertise gives Progent the ability to salvage and consolidate the surviving parts of your information system after a ransomware assault and rebuild them rapidly into a viable network. Progent has collaborated with leading insurance carriers including Chubb to help businesses clean up after ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Analysis Expertise in Calgary
To learn more information about how Progent can help your Calgary organization with ransomware forensics, call 1-800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.