Ransomware Hot Line: 800-993-9400
24x7 Remote Access to a Top-tier Ransomware Engineer
Ransomware requires time to work its way across a target network. Because of this, ransomware assaults are commonly launched on weekends and late at night, when IT staff are likely to be slower to recognize a penetration and are least able to organize a quick and coordinated response. The more lateral progress ransomware is able to achieve within a target's system, the longer it takes to restore core IT services and damaged files and the more information can be stolen and posted to the dark web.
Progent's Ransomware Hot Line is designed to help organizations to complete the urgent first step in mitigating a ransomware assault by putting out the fire. Progent's remote ransomware engineer can help organizations in the Calgary metro area to identify and quarantine breached servers and endpoints and guard undamaged resources from being penetrated.
If your network has been penetrated by any strain of ransomware, don't panic. Get help quickly by calling Progent's Ransomware Hot Line at 800-993-9400.
Progent's Ransomware Recovery Expertise Available in Calgary
Modern variants of ransomware like Ryuk, Maze, DopplePaymer, and Nephilim encrypt online data and infiltrate any available system restores and backups. Files synchronized to the cloud can also be impacted. For a poorly defended environment, this can make system restoration nearly impossible and effectively sets the datacenter back to the beginning. Threat Actors (TAs), the cybercriminals responsible for ransomware assault, insist on a settlement payment for the decryption tools needed to unlock scrambled files. Ransomware assaults also try to steal (or "exfiltrate") information and TAs require an additional settlement in exchange for not posting this data on the dark web. Even if you are able to rollback your system to a tolerable point in time, exfiltration can pose a major problem depending on the sensitivity of the downloaded data.
The restoration process after a ransomware attack has several crucial phases, the majority of which can proceed concurrently if the recovery team has a sufficient number of members with the necessary skill sets.
- Containment: This time-critical first step requires arresting the sideways progress of ransomware within your IT system. The longer a ransomware assault is permitted to run unrestricted, the more complex and more expensive the restoration effort. Recognizing this, Progent keeps a round-the-clock Ransomware Hotline staffed by veteran ransomware recovery engineers. Quarantine processes include cutting off infected endpoint devices from the rest of network to minimize the contagion, documenting the environment, and protecting entry points.
- Operational continuity: This involves bringing back the IT system to a basic acceptable level of functionality with the shortest possible delay. This process is typically the highest priority for the targets of the ransomware attack, who often see it as an existential issue for their business. This project also requires the broadest range of technical skills that span domain controllers, DHCP servers, physical and virtual servers, desktops, laptops and mobile phones, databases, office and mission-critical applications, network topology, and safe endpoint access. Progent's recovery team uses state-of-the-art workgroup platforms to coordinate the complex recovery process. Progent appreciates the urgency of working rapidly, tirelessly, and in concert with a client's managers and IT group to prioritize tasks and to get essential resources back online as fast as feasible.
- Data restoration: The work required to recover data damaged by a ransomware attack varies according to the condition of the network, how many files are affected, and what restore methods are required. Ransomware assaults can take down key databases which, if not carefully shut down, might have to be reconstructed from scratch. This can include DNS and Active Directory (AD) databases. Microsoft Exchange and Microsoft SQL Server depend on Active Directory, and many financial and other business-critical applications are powered by Microsoft SQL Server. Some detective work may be required to locate clean data. For example, undamaged Outlook Email Offline Folder Files may exist on employees' PCs and notebooks that were off line during the assault.
- Deploying advanced AV/ransomware protection: Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring offers small and medium-sized companies the benefits of the same AV tools deployed by some of the world's biggest corporations such as Walmart, Visa, and Salesforce. By providing in-line malware blocking, identification, containment, restoration and forensics in one integrated platform, Progent's Active Security Monitoring reduces TCO, streamlines management, and promotes rapid resumption of operations. The next-generation endpoint protection (NGEP) built into in Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring was ranked by Gartner Group as the "most visionary Endpoint Protection Platform." Learn about Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring next-generation endpoint protection and ransomware recovery.
- Negotiation with the threat actor (TA): Progent has experience negotiating ransom settlements with hackers. This calls for close co-operation with the ransomware victim and the cyber insurance provider, if any. Services include determining the type of ransomware used in the assault; identifying and establishing communications the hacker persona; testing decryption tool; budgeting a settlement with the victim and the insurance provider; negotiating a settlement amount and schedule with the hacker; confirming adherence to anti-money laundering sanctions; carrying out the crypto-currency transfer to the TA; acquiring, learning, and using the decryptor tool; debugging decryption problems; building a clean environment; mapping and connecting datastores to match exactly their pre-encryption state; and reprovisioning physical and virtual devices and services.
- Forensic analysis: This activity involves learning the ransomware assault's storyline across the network from beginning to end. This audit trail of how a ransomware attack progressed through the network assists you to assess the impact and brings to light gaps in policies or work habits that should be rectified to prevent later break-ins. Forensics entails the examination of all logs, registry, GPO, Active Directory, DNS servers, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and basic Windows systems to detect anomalies. Forensic analysis is commonly assigned a top priority by the cyber insurance carrier. Since forensics can be time consuming, it is vital that other important activities such as business continuity are executed concurrently. Progent has an extensive roster of information technology and security professionals with the skills needed to carry out the work of containment, business resumption, and data restoration without interfering with forensics.
Progent has provided online and on-premises IT services across the U.S. for more than two decades and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's team of subject matter experts includes consultants who have been awarded high-level certifications in core technology platforms including Cisco infrastructure, VMware, and popular distributions of Linux. Progent's data security consultants have earned industry-recognized certifications such as CISM, CISSP-ISSAP, and GIAC. (Refer to Progent's certifications). Progent also has guidance in financial management and Enterprise Resource Planning software. This breadth of expertise gives Progent the ability to salvage and consolidate the undamaged parts of your IT environment after a ransomware attack and rebuild them quickly into a functioning system. Progent has collaborated with top insurance providers including Chubb to assist organizations recover from ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent for Ransomware System Restoration Consulting in Calgary
For ransomware recovery consulting in the Calgary metro area, call Progent at 800-993-9400 or see Contact Progent.