Ransomware Hot Line: 800-462-8800
24x7 Remote Access to a Senior Ransomware Engineer
Ransomware requires time to work its way across a network. Because of this, ransomware assaults are typically unleashed on weekends and at night, when support staff may be slower to recognize a break-in and are least able to mount a rapid and coordinated defense. The more lateral progress ransomware is able to achieve inside a target's system, the more time it takes to recover basic IT services and scrambled files and the more data can be stolen and posted to the dark web.
Progent's Ransomware Hot Line is designed to assist organizations to take the urgent first step in responding to a ransomware attack by putting out the fire. Progent's online ransomware experts can assist businesses in the Calgary metro area to locate and quarantine infected servers and endpoints and protect clean assets from being compromised.
If your network has been penetrated by any strain of ransomware, don't panic. Get immediate help by calling Progent's Ransomware Hot Line at 800-462-8800.
Progent's Ransomware Response Services Offered in Calgary
Current variants of ransomware such as Ryuk, Sodinokibi, DopplePaymer, and Egregor encrypt online files and invade any accessible backups. Data synchronized to the cloud can also be corrupted. For a vulnerable environment, this can make automated recovery almost impossible and effectively throws the IT system back to the beginning. Threat Actors (TAs), the cybercriminals behind a ransomware attack, demand a settlement fee in exchange for the decryptors required to unlock encrypted data. Ransomware assaults also try to steal (or "exfiltrate") information and TAs require an additional ransom in exchange for not posting this data or selling it. Even if you can rollback your system to an acceptable date in time, exfiltration can be a major problem depending on the sensitivity of the downloaded data.
The restoration process after a ransomware attack involves a number of crucial phases, the majority of which can proceed in parallel if the response workgroup has enough members with the necessary skill sets.
- Quarantine: This urgent first step requires blocking the lateral spread of the attack within your network. The more time a ransomware attack is permitted to go unchecked, the longer and more costly the restoration effort. Because of this, Progent maintains a round-the-clock Ransomware Hotline staffed by seasoned ransomware response engineers. Quarantine activities include isolating infected endpoints from the network to minimize the contagion, documenting the IT system, and protecting entry points.
- System continuity: This covers bringing back the network to a basic acceptable degree of functionality with the least downtime. This effort is typically at the highest level of urgency for the targets of the ransomware assault, who often perceive it to be a life-or-death issue for their company. This project also requires the widest array of technical abilities that cover domain controllers, DHCP servers, physical and virtual machines, PCs, notebooks and mobile phones, databases, office and line-of-business apps, network architecture, and protected remote access. Progent's ransomware recovery team uses advanced collaboration platforms to coordinate the complicated recovery effort. Progent appreciates the urgency of working quickly, tirelessly, and in unison with a customer's management and network support group to prioritize tasks and to get vital services back online as fast as feasible.
- Data recovery: The effort required to restore files damaged by a ransomware assault depends on the condition of the systems, how many files are encrypted, and what restore methods are needed. Ransomware attacks can take down key databases which, if not gracefully shut down, might need to be reconstructed from the beginning. This can include DNS and Active Directory (AD) databases. Exchange and SQL Server depend on AD, and many manufacturing and other business-critical platforms are powered by SQL Server. Some detective work could be needed to find clean data. For instance, undamaged Outlook Email Offline Folder Files may have survived on staff desktop computers and laptops that were off line during the ransomware attack. Progent's Altaro VM Backup consultants can help you to deploy immutability for cloud storage, enabling tamper-proof data for a set duration so that backup data cannot be erased or modified by any user including administrators or root users. This provides an extra level of security and restoration ability in the event of a ransomware breach.
- Implementing advanced AV/ransomware defense: Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring incorporates SentinelOne's machine learning technology to offer small and medium-sized businesses the benefits of the same anti-virus tools used by some of the world's largest corporations including Netflix, Visa, and Salesforce. By delivering real-time malware blocking, detection, containment, restoration and forensics in a single integrated platform, Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring cuts total cost of ownership, streamlines management, and promotes rapid resumption of operations. SentinelOne's next-generation endpoint protection (NGEP) built into in ProSight ASM was listed by Gartner Group as the industry's "most visionary Endpoint Protection Platform (EPP)." Progent is a SentinelOne Partner, reseller, and integrator. Read about Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) next-generation endpoint protection and ransomware recovery with SentinelOne technology.
- Negotiation with the threat actor (TA): Progent is experienced in negotiating ransom settlements with threat actors. This calls for working closely with the ransomware victim and the insurance provider, if there is one. Activities include determining the type of ransomware used in the assault; identifying and establishing communications the hacker; testing decryption capabilities; deciding on a settlement with the victim and the insurance carrier; establishing a settlement and timeline with the hacker; checking adherence to anti-money laundering sanctions; carrying out the crypto-currency transfer to the TA; acquiring, learning, and operating the decryption tool; troubleshooting failed files; building a pristine environment; remapping and connecting drives to reflect precisely their pre-attack condition; and recovering machines and software services.
- Forensics: This activity is aimed at learning the ransomware attack's storyline across the targeted network from beginning to end. This history of the way a ransomware assault progressed within the network helps you to evaluate the damage and uncovers gaps in rules or processes that should be rectified to prevent future breaches. Forensics involves the review of all logs, registry, GPO, AD, DNS servers, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and core Windows systems to detect changes. Forensics is commonly given a high priority by the insurance carrier. Since forensics can be time consuming, it is vital that other important recovery processes like business continuity are executed concurrently. Progent has an extensive roster of IT and cybersecurity experts with the skills needed to carry out activities for containment, business resumption, and data recovery without interfering with forensic analysis.
Progent has delivered online and on-premises IT services throughout the United States for over 20 years and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's roster of subject matter experts (SMEs) includes consultants who have earned high-level certifications in foundation technologies including Cisco networking, VMware virtualization, and popular distributions of Linux. Progent's cybersecurity consultants have earned internationally recognized certifications including CISM, CISSP, and GIAC. (Refer to Progent's certifications). Progent also has top-tier support in financial management and ERP software. This scope of expertise allows Progent to identify and integrate the surviving parts of your network following a ransomware intrusion and rebuild them rapidly into an operational system. Progent has collaborated with top insurance carriers like Chubb to assist organizations recover from ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent for Ransomware System Restoration Consulting Services in Calgary
For ransomware recovery services in the Calgary area, call Progent at 800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.