Ransomware Hot Line: 800-462-8800
24x7 Remote Help from a Senior Ransomware Engineer
Ransomware requires time to work its way across a network. Because of this, ransomware assaults are commonly unleashed on weekends and late at night, when support personnel are likely to be slower to recognize a breach and are least able to mount a quick and forceful response. The more lateral progress ransomware is able to manage within a target's system, the more time it will require to restore core IT services and damaged files and the more data can be exfiltrated to the dark web.
Progent's Ransomware Hot Line is intended to guide organizations to carry out the urgent first phase in responding to a ransomware attack by stopping the bleeding. Progent's remote ransomware experts can help businesses in the Calgary metro area to identify and quarantine infected servers and endpoints and guard undamaged assets from being compromised.
If your system has been penetrated by any strain of ransomware, don't panic. Get help quickly by calling Progent's Ransomware Hot Line at 800-462-8800.
Progent's Ransomware Recovery Services Offered in Calgary
Current strains of crypto-ransomware like Ryuk, Maze, DopplePaymer, and Egregor encrypt online data and invade any accessible system restores. Data synched to the cloud can also be impacted. For a poorly defended environment, this can make automated recovery nearly impossible and effectively knocks the IT system back to square one. Threat Actors, the hackers responsible for ransomware attack, insist on a ransom fee for the decryption tools required to recover scrambled files. Ransomware assaults also try to exfiltrate files and hackers demand an extra payment for not publishing this data or selling it. Even if you can restore your network to an acceptable point in time, exfiltration can be a major issue according to the nature of the downloaded information.
The recovery work after a ransomware penetration involves several distinct stages, most of which can be performed in parallel if the recovery workgroup has a sufficient number of people with the necessary experience.
- Quarantine: This urgent initial step involves arresting the sideways progress of the attack across your IT system. The more time a ransomware attack is permitted to run unrestricted, the longer and more costly the recovery effort. Recognizing this, Progent keeps a round-the-clock Ransomware Hotline monitored by veteran ransomware recovery experts. Containment activities include isolating affected endpoints from the network to minimize the contagion, documenting the environment, and protecting entry points.
- System continuity: This covers bringing back the IT system to a minimal useful level of functionality with the shortest possible downtime. This process is usually at the highest level of urgency for the victims of the ransomware assault, who often perceive it to be an existential issue for their business. This activity also demands the broadest array of IT skills that span domain controllers, DHCP servers, physical and virtual machines, desktops, laptops and mobile phones, databases, productivity and line-of-business apps, network topology, and safe remote access management. Progent's recovery experts use advanced workgroup platforms to coordinate the complex recovery effort. Progent appreciates the importance of working rapidly, tirelessly, and in unison with a client's management and network support staff to prioritize tasks and to get essential services back online as quickly as possible.
- Data restoration: The effort necessary to recover files impacted by a ransomware attack depends on the condition of the systems, the number of files that are affected, and which recovery techniques are required. Ransomware attacks can take down pivotal databases which, if not properly shut down, might need to be reconstructed from the beginning. This can apply to DNS and Active Directory (AD) databases. Exchange and SQL Server rely on Active Directory, and many ERP and other mission-critical applications depend on Microsoft SQL Server. Often some detective work could be required to find clean data. For example, non-encrypted OST files (Outlook Email Offline Folder Files) may exist on employees' PCs and laptops that were off line during the attack.
- Deploying modern antivirus/ransomware protection: ProSight ASM incorporates SentinelOne's machine learning technology to offer small and medium-sized businesses the benefits of the identical anti-virus tools used by many of the world's largest enterprises including Netflix, Visa, and Salesforce. By delivering real-time malware filtering, identification, mitigation, recovery and analysis in a single integrated platform, Progent's ProSight ASM cuts TCO, simplifies management, and promotes rapid operational continuity. SentinelOne's next-generation endpoint protection engine incorporated in ProSight ASM was ranked by Gartner Group as the "most visionary Endpoint Protection Platform." Progent is a SentinelOne Partner, reseller, and integrator. Find out about Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring next-generation endpoint protection and ransomware defense with SentinelOne technology.
- Negotiation with the threat actor (TA): Progent has experience negotiating settlements with hackers. This calls for close co-operation with the victim and the insurance carrier, if there is one. Activities include determining the type of ransomware involved in the attack; identifying and making contact with the hacker; verifying decryption capabilities; budgeting a settlement amount with the victim and the cyber insurance carrier; negotiating a settlement and schedule with the hacker; checking adherence to anti-money laundering sanctions; overseeing the crypto-currency payment to the TA; receiving, reviewing, and using the decryptor utility; debugging failed files; building a pristine environment; remapping and reconnecting datastores to reflect exactly their pre-encryption state; and reprovisioning computers and services.
- Forensics: This process involves discovering the ransomware attack's progress across the network from start to finish. This history of the way a ransomware assault travelled through the network assists you to evaluate the impact and highlights vulnerabilities in policies or processes that need to be corrected to prevent future breaches. Forensics entails the examination of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object, Active Directory (AD), DNS, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and basic Windows systems to look for variations. Forensic analysis is typically assigned a high priority by the insurance carrier. Since forensics can be time consuming, it is critical that other important activities like operational continuity are performed concurrently. Progent has a large team of IT and cybersecurity professionals with the knowledge and experience required to perform activities for containment, operational continuity, and data restoration without interfering with forensics.
Progent has provided online and on-premises IT services across the U.S. for more than two decades and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's roster of SMEs includes consultants who have earned high-level certifications in foundation technology platforms including Cisco networking, VMware, and major Linux distros. Progent's cybersecurity experts have earned internationally recognized certifications such as CISM, CISSP-ISSAP, and GIAC. (Refer to certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also has guidance in financial management and Enterprise Resource Planning applications. This scope of expertise gives Progent the ability to identify and consolidate the undamaged pieces of your IT environment following a ransomware attack and rebuild them quickly into a viable system. Progent has worked with top cyber insurance providers like Chubb to assist organizations recover from ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent for Ransomware Cleanup Services in Calgary
For ransomware system recovery expertise in the Calgary metro area, call Progent at 800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.