Expanding your at-home workforce can have a major impact on network infrastructure, cybersecurity, and corporate processes. Progent has 20 years of background assisting small and mid-size businesses to plan, deploy, manage, tune, and debug IT networks that support work-from-home employees. Progent can help your Calgary organization to select the right technologies and follow best practices in building and operating a secure virtual office solution for teleworkers that promotes collaboration and delivers top value. Progent offers support services that go from on demand guidance for getting you past occasional IT roadblocks to comprehensive project management or co-management to help you carry out business-critical tasks.
Progent's consultants can help Calgary, Alberta companies to succeed with any facet of building a high-functioning work-from-home ecosystem by providing infrastructure configuration services, IP voice expertise, video conferencing support, collaboration platform selection and deployment, cloud integration, helpdesk services, data security, backup/restore solutions, and centralized management.
Network Infrastructure for an At-Home Workforce
Configuring the physical and software infrastructure required for a remote work environment can be especially complex if you have to accommodate a mix of personal hardware such as desktop computers and notebooks, routers, and Wi-Fi appliances from various vendors and with a variety of operating systems and firmware releases. Progent's experience providing remote help for both outdated and current IT products in virtual office venues enables you to make cost-effective use of your existing infrastructure and provides you with fast access to top-tire consultants for making essential updates. Services offered by Progent to assist you to create a productive work-at-home infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network technology makes it possible to establish a secure tunnel for authenticated remote employees to use IT assets situated at your corporate datacenter or in a public cloud. Progent can help you to deploy and maintain VPN access between your at-home workforce and your various network resources by providing remote VPN integration support. For organizations with Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco ASA Firewall experts can assist your remote workers to utilize Cisco's popular AnyConnect software for secure VPN tunneling for a broad range of devices such as Windows, macOS, Apple iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) products allow a teleworker to see and interact with a data center computer's desktop. This technology provides network managers substantial control over the digital ecosystem of at-home employees and offers them a consistent and more productive experience. Progent's virtual desktop services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI solutions.
- Routers connect at-home networks to the Internet and support VPN connections, local Wi-Fi networks, and firewall services. Progent can provide top-tier remote support for setting up home routers from a range of vendors. See router configuration services from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wireless networks, often supporting an entire household and guests, are frequently utilized by telecommuters to connect to their router for work. This can cause throughput and security issues. Progent can help you to resolve these issues by providing services like Aironet integration consulting, Cisco-certified Meraki WiFi installation consulting, and Ubiquiti Unifi WiFi access point integration help.
- Internet access methods affect the speed and availability of connections between telecommuters and the corporate network. Mission-critical applications may require backup Internet connections in the event the primary connection fails. Progent offers expertise for selecting service providers, choosing appropriate service offerings, and integrating redundant Internet connections. Refer to Internet connectivity solutions.
VoIP Solutions for Telecommuters
Expanding the company PBX system to include remote users is critical to supporting an effective at-home workforce. A broad range of cloud-centric digital PBX products are used by SMBs to server telecommuters. Many enterprises depend on Cisco's current or legacy products for VoIP management. Progent can assist organizations of all sizes to plan or maintain a telecommuter VoIP environment that delivers the versatility, convenience and security needed for teleworkers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice experts offer high-level support to help organizations optimize their current Cisco VoIP systems to support a growing remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM or CUCM) delivers high-end IP telephony features to devices like IP phones, media processing platforms, Voice over IP gateways, and multimedia applications used throughout the network. Unified Communications Manager supports other combined media services such as unified messaging, voice/video conferencing, and customer collaboration networks. For more information about Progent's Unified Communications Manager support, see Cisco Unified Communications Manager consultants.
- CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing software and has been replaced by Cisco Unified CM. Progent's consultants can assist you to maintain your current CallManager deployment or migrate efficiently to Cisco's current IP telephony products. To find out about Progent's expertise for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other early IP voice platforms, see Cisco CallManager consulting services.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable connectivity with public telephony networks and with clients operating outside the corporate firewall
like at-home workers. Progent offers consulting expertise for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways including the UC520, UC540 and UC560 product lines and for current Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway configuration consulting.
- Additional VoIP Products supported by Progent include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can assist you to expand your wide area network architecture to support these solutions and deliver as-needed deployment and debugging expertise.
Video Conferencing for an At-Home Workforce
A broad range of video conferencing products from leading technology companies support virtual discussions, video and voice conferencing, chat, and screen/content sharing for both onsite users and telecommuters. Many companies use a mix of products to accommodate their different partners and customers. Progent can help your organization to maintain your current voice/video conferencing environment and enhance the productivity of your remote employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular communications platform that enables presence, IM, voice and video conferencing plus the seamless integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software such as PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent offers the expertise of Microsoft-certified consultants who can help your company to configure and maintain Skype for Business client software to accommodate your remote employees. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Skype for Business, visit Skype for Business integration experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video phone app for iOS, iPadOS, iPod and macOS computers and smartphones. FaceTime runs on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Later editions of FaceTime allow as many as 32 concurrent users for video sessions. For details about Progent's consulting services for Apple FaceTime, visit Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides remote conferencing for most computing devices. Delivered via Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex capabilities include sharing specific content or computer screens, presentations that incorporate rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, network-based recording, plus editing and playback for training. For details about Progent's support expertise for Webex as well as for other IP video products from Cisco, refer to Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams provides a hub for conversations, contacts, and information with capabilities such as voice/video conferencing, persistent threaded chat, plus file sharing. For details about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Teams as well as for other Office 365 apps, visit Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Conferencing Apps supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide integration and troubleshooting expertise for these products and
assist your business to optimize your network architecture to run them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Platforms for Remote Workers
Microsoft's collaboration products are closely integrated with Microsoft's popular Office and Microsoft 365 families, providing a rich ecosystem of applications that create a cohesive user experience for sharing data and ideas throughout multiple sites and on a wide selection of endpoint computers. Progent has provided online consulting support for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange since their original publication and can assist your company to tune these flagship collaboration platforms to maximize the effectiveness of your remote workers.
SharePoint uses web entities to allow collaboration and knowledge sharing by providing policy-based access to data, business processes, and tools for looking through company-wide business data. SharePoint allows you to create protected portals that enables remote workers to see and edit aggregated business intelligence by means of Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social web sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). For details about Progent's SharePoint consulting expertise, go to SharePoint configuration and application development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To find out about Progent's Exchange consulting services, refer to deployment consulting services for Microsoft Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoftís collaborative cloud storage service, similar to GoogleDrive. Remote workers can save files to the OneDrive service, and colleagues can retrieve them securely through a browser. Included with Office 365, OneDrive allows home employees to jointly author documents. Edits made offline are uploaded when you reconnect to the Internet. To learn about Progent's expertise for Microsoft OneDrive, see Microsoft Onedrive configuration consulting.
Public Cloud Integration Services for Teleworkers
Progent can provide affordable remote support for enabling businesses to create, maintain and troubleshoot cohesive network models that incorporate internal data centers, telecommuters, branches, and public cloud resources. Progent can provide top-tier consultant for all types of cloud service delivery including Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service. Progent can help telecommuters resolve problems with public cloud access, identity, and cybersecurity.
Microsoft Azure is a leading family of public cloud services that allows you to utilize IT infrastructure, virtual servers, and key apps hosted on Microsoft's massive cloud. Microsoft Azure includes over one hundred services services including hosting for Windows and Linux-based virtual machines, scalable cloud storage, messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and data protection. Progent can help you to deploy virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, configure cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity management with Azure Active Directory, and design backup and recovery solutions with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also help you create secure access to Azure for at-home workers by configuring and troubleshooting firewall appliances and VPN tunnels. To find out about Progent's consulting expertise for Azure, see Microsoft Azure expertise.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's popular family of business productivity software and cloud services offered by subscription. Microsoft apps and cloud services are provided in a selection of plans designed for customers ranging from individuals and households to major enterprises. Progent offers quick and affordable remote access to experts familiar with Office 365-compatible endpoint devices running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent's experts can help you to evaluate the various subscription bundles offered with Office 365 and deploy 365 apps for your telecommuters to achieve maximum business value. To learn about Progent's expertise for Microsoft Office 365, see Microsoft 365 integration support.
Microsoft 365 Exchange Online is among the most popular applications in the Microsoft 365 product line. Microsoft 365 Exchange Online provides the advantages of reduced spending for data center infrastructure, simplified management, on-demand scaling, high reliability, and additional benefits inherent with cloud computing. Microsoft has designed Exchange Online to run seamlessly with on-premises deployments of Exchange, allowing you to build hybrid networks. Progent's certified Exchange experts are available for as-needed help to get you through challenging IT bottlenecks and can also provide end-to-end project management outsourcing to ensure your at-home workers have convenient and secure access to your Exchange Online environment. To learn Progent's consulting expertise for Exchange Online, see Microsoft 365 Exchange Online integration and support consulting.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a pioneer in the public cloud market and is the industry's leading provider of cloud-based services. Progent offers rapid and affordable online access to cloud integration experts who can assist your organization to design, deploy, manage, and debug hybrid IT networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with local resources and with other popular cloud platforms like Azure. Progent also offers the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to assist you to build a high-uptime network model to make sure your users have a consistent computing experience whether they are working from your headquarters, a branch office, from home, or on the road. For details about Progent's support services for Amazon AWS, visit Amazon AWS integration expertise.
Google Cloud (GCP) is a leading suite of cloud services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can help your organization to extend your existing IT assets with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's database experts can show you how to make your critical applications cloud friendly so your teleworkers can take full advantage of Google Cloud Platform services. Progent's consultants can help you to set up VMs on GCP Compute Engine, design an efficient storage system with GCP Storage, and streamline identity control for telecommuters with Google Cloud Identity. Progent's experts can also help your organization to use GCP's unified management technology to control and monitor your GCP environment. To find out, see Google Cloud Platform (GCP) consulting expertise.
Help Desk Call Center Services for Telecommuters
A sudden, organization-wide changeover to a telecommuter workforce, which could be the result of an epidemic or as an element of a disaster recovery/business continuity process, can overwhelm even a high-performing in-house Support Desk. Progent's Help Desk services make it possible for businesses to outsource or augment their Help Desk with Progent's remote Technical Response Center team.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk support services leverage Progent's nationwide team of online IT support specialists along with enterprise-class trouble ticketing and follow-up software to offer an affordable, state-of-the-art Support Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide an end-to-end solution that handles all aspects of online Level 1 PC support from initial service requests to ticket creation, desktop sharing, problem resolution, and incident reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal enables at-home employees to track or revise their active tickets, add information, and upload screen captures and attachments. Technical support services are provided at a substantial discount off Progent's normal Level 1 desktop support rates, and Progent offers optional rapid hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 IT experts to resolve advanced issues. For details, visit Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small and mid-size companies.
- Progent's Call Center Augmentation Service allows your company to supplement your existing Support Desk staff by sharing responsibilities for Help Desk Call Center support services seamlessly between your regular support organization and Progent's extensive pool of PC support technicians and subject matter experts. Progent's shared Call Center service uses a collaborative support solution based on the number one PSA platform for managing service requests and ticketing, establishing ownership, tracking progress, and generating management reports. To learn how Progent's Call Center Augmentation Services can enable your business to provide world-class desktop support to your at-home employees, refer to Progent's Help Desk supplementation Services.
Cybersecurity for At-Home Workers
Teleworkers commonly run their own computers and work in a physically unsecured space. This worsens their vulnerability to cyber attacks and requires careful use of security appliances, remote endpoint monitoring, and the creation of policies that adhere to leading practices. Progent's seasoned team of certified data security professionals can help your organization to plan, implement and administer a modern security solution that safeguards sensitive data in networks that incorporate telecommuters.
- Firewalls allow you to build a network environment that can be safely accessed by on-premises users and by teleworkers, mobile employees, suppliers, customers, and other stakeholders. Modern firewall devices permit you to assign and control different permissions to various classes of users and to scale your network and modify your security profile as your business evolves and as cyber threats grow more complex. Progent works with both new and legacy firewall devices from all leading vendors including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, and Fortinet. For details about Progent's firewall configuration services, see firewall configuration and support services.
- Online Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it possible to watch over the disparate devices utilized by an at-home workforce and either reject or identify and mitigate modern threats like ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a lightweight software agent is put on each secured endpoint device, monitoring all activity and using advanced behavioral threat analysis to identify new threats on arrival. When an attack is discovered, ProSight ASM instantly isolates the targeted endpoint from the corporate network to quarantine the malware. Since the ProSight ASM software agent is self-contained, endpoint devices remain protected even if they are not connected to the Internet. For more information about ProSight ASM, refer to remote endpoint security monitoring for telecommuters.
- Security Audits can evaluate the exposure of your network to all types of external and local security attacks for a network that incorporates telecommuters. Progent can run remote, automated security inventory scanning for quickly and economically uncovering a broad range of security weaknesses that can be surfaced via the Internet. Progent's security assessment consulting services, which can be provided by network security experts with top certifications including CISM, CISSP, and GIAC, can help your business to audit your workflows and policies and assess your network architecture to allow you to design the highest level of security for your remote workers.
Data Protection for Telecommuters
The field of Data Protection covers backing up and recovering critical data so as to avoid data loss and minimize recovery time in the event of storage system problems due to hardware breakdowns, software glitches, user error, malware, or other causes. Reliable data protection strategies can be especially challenging to architect and manage in hybrid networks that incorporate private data centers, public clouds, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Restore strategies for an at-home workforce must address multiple types of personally owned endpoints. Progent can provide quick online access to experts familiar with a broad range of platforms for backing up Microsoft Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktops as well as notebooks, iOS and Android tablets and smartphones. Leading backup/recovery products maintained by Progent's backup/recovery consultants include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To protect resources spread throughout a hybrid network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a backup/recovery service that utilizes cloud storage and includes granular recovery and unified management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) plans commonly anticipate scenarios that require a temporary changeover to a work-at-home environment. Progent's senior disaster recovery preparedness consultants and business continuity consultants can assist your company to develop, document and validate a DR/BC plan that includes the process of switching to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for At-Home Workers
Microsoft has rebranded and reshuffled its endpoint management platforms under the name Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud management of mobile and remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing onsite endpoints. Microsoft Endpoint Manager offers a unified platform for safeguarding corporate data by controlling local, mobile, and home-based endpoint devices.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also features Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and securing mobile computers and applications. Remote endpoint devices can be personally owned or company owned. IT admins managing the enrolled endpoint computers of teleworkers can utilize Intune to deploy and validate apps on managed devices, push updates and certificates, set up policies for accessing data and networks, set passwords, establish VPN connections, control how telecommuters share information, establish threat protection, ensure security compliance, and wipe corporate information from lost, stolen or deactivated devices. Intune can be used with Apple iOS, Android, Windows, and macOS devices. For information about Intune and to find out how Progent can assist you to use this platform to administer the endpoint devices of your telecommuters, go to Intune telecommuter endpoint management consultants.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced centralized MDM platform that allows network administrators to keep offsite endpoint devices up to date and secure. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch technology for centralized endpoint management combined with VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery technology for authorization control, app management, and configuration management of endpoint computers. Workspace ONE operates with endpoints based on Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-premises deployment via a perpetual license. Top features of Workspace ONE include rapid remote deployment of out-of-the-box notebooks, immediate onboarding of new users, policy set up and enforcement for all categories of endpoints, aggregated reporting and performance analytics, email encryption, and tight integration with Microsoft applications and cloud-based products. To learn about Progent's support for VMware Workspace ONE, refer to VMware Workspace ONE remote device management consultants.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Expertise
To contact Progent about building and maintaining a productive telecommuter solution for your Calgary, Alberta company, phone 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.