Enlarging your telecommuter workforce can have a significant impact on IT infrastructure, security/compliance, and company workflows. Progent has 20 years of experience assisting SMBs to design, configure, administer, optimize, and debug IT networks that incorporate at-home workers. Progent can help your Calgary company to pick the right tools and follow leading practices in building and operating a secure virtual office solution for teleworkers that facilitates teamwork and delivers maximum business value. Progent can provide support services that go from as-needed guidance for helping you over occasional technical roadblocks to full project management to help you carry out mission-critical tasks.
Progent can assist Calgary, Alberta businesses to succeed with any aspect of creating a high-performing work-at-home environment by providing network infrastructure configuration services, VoIP PBX troubleshooting, voice/video conferencing integration, collaboration platform customization and training, public cloud integration, Call Desk outsourcing, data security, backup/restore solutions, and streamlined management.
Network Infrastructure for a Remote Workforce
Integrating the physical and software infrastructure needed for a remote work environment can be especially challenging if you must manage a mix of personal hardware such as desktop computers and laptops, routers, and wireless appliances from an assortment of manufacturers and with a mix of operating systems and firmware releases. Progent's background delivering remote help for both legacy as well as modern IT products in virtual office venues enables you to make efficient use of your existing infrastructure and provides you with fast access to top-tire consultants for implement essential upgrades. Support services available from Progent to help you to create a productive telecommuting ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) connectivity allows you to create a safe tunnel for authorized at-home workers to use IT resources located at your company data center or in a public cloud. Progent's consultants can assist you to deploy and manage VPN connections between your teleworkers and your key network resources by providing online VPN configuration consulting. For businesses with Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA consultants can help your telecommuters to utilize Cisco's popular AnyConnect client software to provide safe VPN connections for a broad range of devices including Windows, Mac, Apple iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) platforms enable a telecommuter to see and interact with a remote PC's desktop. This technology provides network managers significant control over the digital environment of telecommuters and offers remote users a familiar experience. Progent's VDI services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI expertise.
- Routers connect at-home computer networks to the Internet and support VPN tunnels, local wireless connectivity, and firewalls. Progent offers expert remote consulting for setting up routers from a range of manufacturers. See router integration support from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wireless networks, typically supporting the whole family and guests, are commonly used by at-home employees to access their Internet router for work. This can cause throughput and cybersecurity issues. Progent can assist you to mitigate these issues by delivering services like Aironet integration expertise, Cisco-certified Meraki WiFi deployment expertise, and Ubiquiti WiFi AP integration help.
- Internet connectivity solutions affect the speed and reliability of connections between at-home workers and the corporate data center. Mission-critical processes might require backup Internet access in the event the normal connection fails. Progent offers expertise for selecting service providers, picking sensible service packages, and configuring redundant Internet access. Refer to Internet connectivity solutions.
IP Voice Solutions for Teleworkers
Extending the company PBX system to accommodate teleworkers is critical to supporting a productive work-at-home solution. A variety of cloud-based VoIP products are used by small and mid-size businesses to server remote users. Many enterprises rely on Cisco's current or legacy products for IP voice management. Progent can assist businesses of all sizes to plan or tune a telecommuter VoIP environment that provides the flexibility, transparency and security required for at-home workers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice experts offer high-level support to assist businesses tune their existing Cisco VoIP environments to support a growing at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM) extends high-end telephony capabilities to devices such as IP phones, media processing products, Voice over IP gateways, and multimedia apps used throughout the network. CUCM manages additional mixed media services like unified messaging, voice/video conferencing, and customer interaction networks. For details about Progent's Unified Communications Manager support, visit Cisco Unified CM consultants.
- CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing software and has been replaced by CUCM. Progent can assist your company to maintain your existing CallManager environment or upgrade smoothly to Cisco's current IP telephony solutions. To find out about Progent's expertise for CallManager and Cisco's other older IP voice products, see Cisco CallManager consulting.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable connectivity with PSTN networks and with users working beyond the corporate perimeter
like at-home workers. Progent can provide expert support for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways like the UC520, UC540 and UC560 series as well as for modern Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway integration expertise.
- Other VoIP Products supported by Progent include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can help you to expand your wide area network infrastructure to work with these solutions and deliver online integration and debugging services.
Voice/Video Conferencing for Remote Workers
A wide selection of video conferencing products from major technology companies enable virtual meetings, video conferencing, chat sessions, and screen/content sharing for both local users and at-home workers. Many organizations use a mix of products to accommodate their various partners and clients. Progent can assist your organization to manage your current conferencing environment and optimize the productivity of your at-home workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading unified communications platform that supports presence, IM, audio and video calling and conferencing plus the seamless integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications such as PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent offers the skills of Microsoft-certified specialists who can help you to deploy and maintain Skype for Business clients to accommodate your remote workforce. For details about Progent's support services for Skype for Business, visit Skype for Business integration experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video calling app for compatible iOS, iPadOS, iPod and macOS computers and smartphones. FaceTime works over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Current versions of FaceTime support as many as 32 simultaneous users for video sessions. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Apple FaceTime, refer to Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports online conferencing for virtually all computing devices. Offered through Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex services include sharing granular content or screens, presentations that embed rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, network-based capture, plus editing and playback for future reference. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Webex and for additional IP video products from Cisco, refer to Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a hub for conferencing, contacts, and content with capabilities that include voice/video calling, threaded chat, plus data sharing. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Teams and for additional Microsoft 365 products, see Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Conferencing Apps supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide configuration and troubleshooting expertise for these conferencing platforms and
help you to optimize your WAN infrastructure to run them.
Microsoft Collaboration Software for Teleworkers
Microsoft's collaboration products are tightly integrated with Microsoft's popular Microsoft Office and Microsoft 365 families, providing a rich ecosystem of productivity apps that create a consistent user interface for exchanging data and ideas throughout multiple sites and on a broad selection of endpoint computers. Progent has delivered online consulting support for SharePoint and Exchange since their original releases and can help your company to deploy these flagship collaboration platforms to optimize the productivity of your remote workforce.
SharePoint uses web sites to allow collaboration and knowledge sharing by providing policy-based access to data, workflow, and utilities for searching through enterprise-wide information silos. SharePoint allows you to build protected web portals that permits at-home workforce to view and update consolidated business intelligence by means of Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social networking web sites, and Web Parts. To find out about Progent's SharePoint consulting services, go to SharePoint configuration and application development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For details about Progent's Exchange consulting services, refer to deployment consulting services for Microsoft Exchange.
OneDrive is MicrosoftÔŅĹs collaborative cloud storage service, similar to GoogleDrive. Remote workers can store files to the OneDrive service, and co-workers can access them securely via a browser. Provided with Office and Microsoft 365, OneDrive enables remote workers to jointly author files. Edits created offline are automatically uploaded when you go back online. For details about Progent's support services for Microsoft OneDrive, see Onedrive integration experts.
Cloud Integration Services for At-Home Workers
Progent can provide fast and affordable online support for enabling businesses to create, maintain and troubleshoot integrated hybrid network models that combine physical data centers, telecommuters, branch offices, and public cloud resources. Progent offers top-tier consultant for all types of public cloud service such as Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service. Progent can help telecommuters resolve issues with public cloud access, identity, and security.
Microsoft Azure is a leading family of public cloud software and services that enables you to use IT infrastructure, virtual servers, and critical apps running on Microsoft's massive cloud. Microsoft Azure offers over one hundred services services such as the ability to host Windows and Linux-powered virtual machines, scalable cloud storage, email and messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and data protection. Progent can help your organization to deploy virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, configure cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity management with Azure AD, and plan data backup and restore solutions with Azure Backup. Progent can also show you how to establish secure connections to Azure for telecommuters by setting up and troubleshooting firewall appliances and VPN IPsec tunnels. For information about Progent's expertise for Microsoft Azure, refer to Microsoft Azure consulting services.
Microsoft 365, formerly called Office 365, is Microsoft's popular suite of client productivity applications and cloud services available on a subscription basis. Microsoft applications and services are provided in a selection of bundles designed for users ranging from individuals and small offices to large corporations. Progent offers quick and affordable online access to consultants familiar with Microsoft 365-compatible endpoints running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent's experts can assist you to evaluate the various subscription bundles available for Microsoft 365 and configure 365 applications for your telecommuters to achieve top business value. To find out about Progent's support services for Microsoft 365, see Microsoft 365 integration expertise.
Exchange Online is among the most widely used cloud-based applications in the Microsoft 365 product suite. Exchange Online offers the benefits of reduced costs for physical infrastructure, simplified management, dynamic scaling, high availability, and other benefits inherent with cloud computing. Microsoft has engineered Exchange Online to operate smoothly with local Exchange environments, enabling you to create hybrid networks. Progent's certified Exchange consultants can provide occasional help to guide you past tough IT roadblocks and also offer end-to-end project management outsourcing to make sure your at-home workers have easy and safe access to your Microsoft 365 Exchange Online deployment. For information Progent's support services for Microsoft 365 Exchange Online, refer to Exchange Online configuration and troubleshooting expertise.
Amazon AWS is a trailblazer in the public cloud computing market and is the industry's leading provider of cloud-based services. Progent offers quick and affordable online contact with cloud integration experts who can help your organization to plan, implement, manage, and troubleshoot hybrid IT networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with on-premises data centers and with other popular cloud platforms such as Azure. Progent also can provide access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to help you to build a high-availability network architecture so your employees have a consistent computing environment regardless of whether they are working from your main office, a remote branch, at home, or on the move. For details about Progent's consulting services for Amazon AWS, go to Amazon AWS consulting expertise.
Google Cloud Platform is a leading suite of cloud services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can help your organization to expand your existing IT resources with the Google Cloud, and Progent's DBA experts can show you how to make your mission-critical applications cloud ready so your remote workers can benefit fully from Google Cloud Platform services. Progent can help your organization to set up VMs on Google Cloud Compute Engine, design a cost-effective storage system with GCP Storage, and simplify access management for teleworkers with GCP Cloud Identity. Progent's consultants can also assist your business to utilize GCP's unified management technology to administer and track your GCP environment. To learn, visit Google Cloud Platform (GCP) integration support.
Help Desk Services for Teleworkers
A rapid, enterprise-wide changeover to a telecommuter workforce, which might be the result of a pandemic or as a component of a disaster recovery/business continuity process, can overstretch even a well-staffed in-house Call Center. Progent's Help Desk services allow organizations to outsource or augment their Help Desk Call Center with Progent's online Technical Response Center (TRC) team.
- Progent's Standard Support Desk support services utilize Progent's nationwide network of remote technical support experts combined with world-class trouble ticketing and tracking technology to provide an affordable, advanced Call Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide a comprehensive solution that handles all aspects of online Level 1 PC support from service requests through ticket generation, screen sharing, issue resolution, and reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal enables telecommuters to track or edit the status of their current trouble tickets, enter information, and append screen captures or relevant files. Support services are delivered at a significant price reduction off Progent's normal Level 1 technical support rates, and Progent makes available optional fast escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 IT experts to deal with advanced issues. To find out more, go to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small and mid-size companies.
- Progent's Help Desk Call Center Augmentation Service allows your business to expand your current Support Desk team by splitting delivery of Call Center support services seamlessly between your regular IT support organization and Progent's nationwide roster of PC support technicians and subject matter specialists. Progent's shared Call Center service uses a collaborative support model based on the leading PSA platform for managing service requests and ticketing, establishing ownership, tracking progress, and producing reports. To find out how Progent's Call Desk Supplementation Services can enable your company to deliver world-class desktop support to your at-home employees, go to Progent's Call Desk supplementation Services.
Security and Compliance for Teleworkers
Work-from-Home (WFH) staff members commonly utilize their own devices and often work in a poorly secured physical environment. This situation multiplies their vulnerability to malware threats and calls for careful configuration of corporate firewalls, anti-malware tools, multi-factor authentication, remote endpoint monitoring, intensive end-user training, and the development of policies based on best practices. Progent's veteran roster of cybersecurity solutions experts can assist you to design, deploy and maintain a compliant cybersecurity solution that guards critical information assets in environments that incorporate at-home workers.
Firewalls enable you to create a network environment that can be securely utilized by local users and by an at-home workforce, mobile workers, vendors, customers, and the public. Next-generation firewall appliances permit you to assign and control appropriate access rights to various classes of users and to scale your IT network and modify your cybersecurity posture as your company evolves and as cyber threats become more complex. Progent supports both new and legacy security devices from all leading vendors including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, and Fortinet. To find out more about Progent's firewall integration services, go to firewall support services.
Remote Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it possible to watch over the various computers used by remote workers and either block or spot and mitigate modern threats such as ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a lightweight software agent is put on every protected endpoint, watching all activity and using state-of-the-art machine learning and full execution context to detect new attacks on arrival. When a cyberattack is discovered, ProSight Active Security Monitoring instantly isolates the infected endpoint from the corporate network to contain the malware. Because the ProSight Active Security Monitoring software agent is self-contained, endpoint devices remain protected even when they are offline. For details about ProSight ASM, refer to remote endpoint security monitoring for remote workers.
Progent's Duo authentication managed services utilize Cisco's Duo cloud technology to protect against password theft by using two-factor authentication (2FA). Duo supports one-tap identity verification on Apple iOS, Google Android, and other out-of-band devices. Using Duo 2FA, whenever you sign into a secured online account and give your password you are asked to confirm who you are on a unit that only you have and that uses a different ("out-of-band") network channel. A wide selection of devices can be utilized as this added means of authentication including a smartphone or watch, a hardware/software token, a landline telephone, etc. You can register several verification devices. To find out more about ProSight Duo two-factor identity validation services, see Duo MFA two-factor authentication services for telecommuters.
Security Audits can evaluate the exposure of your information system to all classes of external and internal security threats for an environment that includes telecommuters. Progent can deploy online, automated cybersecurity inventory scanning for quickly and economically detecting a wide variety of security weaknesses that can be found over the Internet. Progent's security audit experts, which can be managed by data security experts with advanced credentials including CISA, ISSAP, and GIAC, can assist you to audit your processes and policies and review your IT architecture to enable you to design top-level security for your remote workers.
Download White Paper: Protecting a Work-From-Home (WFH) Network
To read or download a white paper describing key areas to concentrate on for securing a network that includes work-from-home staff, click:
Protecting a Work-From-Home (WFH) Network White Paper. (PDF - 2.4 MB)
Data Protection Solutions for Teleworkers
The field of Data Protection involves saving and restoring vital information in order to avoid data loss and minimize restoration time and effort in case of storage system problems due to equipment issues, programming glitches, human error, malware, or other causes. Dependable data protection strategies can be especially difficult to design and maintain in hybrid environments that incorporate local data centers, cloud resources, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Recovery solutions for at-home workers must cover diverse kinds of user-owned endpoints. Progent can provide quick online access to experts familiar with a wide range of platforms for backing up Microsoft Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktop computers as well as laptops, iPads and smartphones. Leading backup/restore products maintained by Progent's backup/recovery consultants include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, CrashPlan, Mozy, and Time Machine. To back up resources spread across a wide area network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a managed backup/recovery subscription service that uses cloud-based storage and includes fine-grained recovery and centralized management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity plans typically envision circumstances that require a rapid switch to an at-home workforce. Progent's senior disaster recovery preparedness consultants and business continuity planning consultants can assist your business to create, document and validate a DR/BC strategy that addresses the logistics of moving to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for an At-Home Workforce
Microsoft has renamed and reshuffled its endpoint management products under the name Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud-based management of remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing local endpoints. Endpoint Manager features a centralized platform for safeguarding corporate data by managing local, mobile, and at-home endpoint devices.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also features Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and securing off-premises devices and software. Remote endpoint devices can be personally owned or company owned. IT admins managing the endpoint computers of at-home workers can use Intune to deploy and validate apps on managed devices, push updates and certificates, set up policies for permission to access data and networks, set passwords, create VPN connections, control how telecommuters share data, set up threat defense, verify compliance, and wipe sensitive information from missing, stolen or decommissioned devices. Microsoft Intune runs with iOS/iPadOS, Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X devices. To find out about Microsoft Intune and to find out how Progent can help you to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to administer the devices of your teleworkers, see Intune teleworker device management consultants.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced centralized Mobile Device Management platform that helps network managers to keep offsite endpoint devices up to date and secure. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch technology for unified endpoint management combined with VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery technology for access control, app management, and setup management of endpoint computers. Workspace ONE runs with devices powered by Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-premises deployment through a one-time purchase. Top features of Workspace ONE include rapid over-the-air deployment of new notebooks, immediate onboarding of new employees, policy set up and enforcement for all classes of endpoints, aggregated management reporting and analytics, email encryption, and tight integration with Microsoft applications and cloud-based products. To find out about Progent's expertise for VMware Workspace ONE, visit VMware Workspace ONE mobile device management consultants.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Support Services
To get in touch with Progent about building and maintaining a productive telecommuter environment for your Calgary, Alberta organization, phone 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.