Expanding your telecommuter workforce can have a significant impact on IT architecture, security, and company workflows. Progent has two decades of background helping SMBs to plan, deploy, administer, tune, and troubleshoot IT environments that support a remote workforce. Progent can help your Calgary organization to pick the right tools and adhere to leading practices in creating and maintaining a secure virtual solution for telecommuters that facilitates collaboration and returns maximum business value. Progent offers support services ranging from as-needed expertise for getting you past occasional technical roadblocks to full project management to help you carry out mission-critical initiatives.
Progent's consultants can assist Calgary, Alberta organizations to with any facet of building a high-functioning work-from-home environment by delivering infrastructure configuration services, IP voice expertise, video conferencing support, collaboration platform selection and deployment, public cloud connectivity, Call Desk outsourcing, endpoint security, backup/restore solutions, and centralized management.
Infrastructure for an At-Home Workforce
Integrating the physical and software infrastructure required to support a remote work environment can be especially challenging if you must manage a combination of worker-owned equipment like PCs and notebooks, Internet routers, and wireless appliances from an assortment of vendors and with a mix of operating systems and firmware levels. Progent's experience providing online help for both legacy and modern IT products in remote office venues allows you to make efficient use of your existing network infrastructure and provides you with ready access to expertise for implement essential upgrades. Support services available from Progent to assist you to create a productive work-at-home infrastructure include:
- VPN connectivity allows you to create a secure tunnel for authenticated at-home employees to use IT assets located at your corporate data center or in the cloud. Progent can help you to deploy and manage VPN connections between your at-home workforce and your various network resources by providing remote VPN configuration consulting. For businesses with Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco ASA Firewall consultants can help your telecommuters to set up Cisco's popular AnyConnect software for secure VPN tunneling for a wide range of endpoint devices including Microsoft Windows, Mac, Apple iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) products allow a telecommuter to see and use a data center computer's desktop. This technology gives IT managers more control over the digital environment of at-home employees and ensures them a familiar experience. Progent's virtual desktop services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops expertise.
- Routers attach at-home computer networks to the Internet and typically support VPN tunnels, local wireless connectivity, and firewalls. Progent offers expert remote support for integrating home routers from a range of manufacturers. See router integration services from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wireless networks, typically supporting an entire household and visitors, are commonly used by at-home employees to access their Internet router for work. This can cause performance as well as cybersecurity problems. Progent can help you to resolve these problems by delivering expertise that include Aironet configuration expertise, Cisco-certified Meraki WiFi deployment consulting, and Ubiquiti WiFi access point setup assistance.
- Internet access methods affect the speed and reliability of connections between telecommuters and the company network. Mission-critical applications may demand backup Internet connections in case the normal connection fails. Progent offers expertise for identifying service providers, choosing appropriate bandwidth and data volume bundles, and configuring fault-tolerant Internet connections. See Internet access integration services.
VoIP Integration for Telecommuters
Expanding the company PBX environment to accommodate remote users is critical to maintaining an effective at-home workforce. A broad range of cloud-based digital PBX platforms are popular with SMBs to server remote users. Many larger organizations depend on Cisco's modern or older platforms for IP voice solutions. Progent can help businesses of all sizes to design or maintain a telecommuter IP voice environment that delivers the versatility, transparency and protection required for remote users. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice consultants can provide advanced support to help organizations tune their current Cisco IP voice environments to support a growing at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM or CUCM) delivers high-end telephony capabilities to devices like IP phones, media processing platforms, VoIP gateways, and mixed media apps used across the network. Unified Communications Manager manages additional mixed media services like unified messaging, voice/video conferencing, and customer collaboration networks. For more information about Progent's Cisco Unified CM or CUCM support, refer to Cisco Unified CM expertise.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing software and has been superseded by CUCM. Progent can assist your company to support your current CallManager deployment or migrate smoothly to Cisco's current IP telephony solutions. To learn about Progent's expertise for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other older IP voice products, refer to Cisco CallManager consulting.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide integration with PSTN networks and with users operating outside the corporate firewall
such as at-home workers. Progent can provide expert support for Cisco's legacy IP gateways like the UC520, UC540 and UC560 products as well as for current Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway integration expertise.
- Other VoIP Platforms supported by Progent include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can assist you to expand your wide area network architecture to work with these solutions and deliver as-needed configuration and debugging services.
Video Conferencing for Teleworkers
A wide selection of video conferencing platforms from leading vendors support virtual meetings, video conferencing, chat, and screen sharing for both onsite workers and at-home workers. Many organizations use a mix of products to accommodate their different partners and clients. Progent's communications experts can help you to manage your current voice/video conferencing ecosystem and enhance the experience of your remote employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular communications product that enables real-time presence, IM, voice and video conferencing as well as the transparent integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software including PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent offers the expertise of Microsoft-certified consultants who can help you to set up and maintain Skype for Business client software to accommodate your remote workforce. To learn more about Progent's support services for Skype for Business, refer to Skype for Business consulting services.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video phone app for compatible iOS and macOS devices. FaceTime works on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Current versions of FaceTime allow as many as 32 concurrent users for voice/video sessions. For details about Progent's support expertise for FaceTime, see Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides online conferencing for most computing devices. Offered via Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex capabilities include sharing specific content or computer screens, presentations that embed rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, network-based recording, plus editing and playback for training. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Cisco Webex as well as for other IP video products from Cisco, refer to Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a portal for conversations, contacts, and content with features that include IP voice and video calling, threaded chat, plus file sharing. To learn more about Progent's support services for Teams and for other Microsoft 365 products, see Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Voice/Video Conferencing Apps supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide integration and debugging services for these products and
assist you to tune your network infrastructure to run them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Software for Remote Workers
Microsoft's collaboration products are tightly integrated with Microsoft's popular Office and Microsoft 365 suites, offering a rich environment of productivity apps that create a cohesive user experience for exchanging information throughout multiple sites and on a wide range of endpoint computers. Progent has delivered online consulting support for SharePoint and Exchange Server since their original releases and can help your company to deploy these flagship collaboration platforms to optimize the productivity of your remote workforce.
SharePoint utilizes web entities to facilitate collaboration and knowledge delivery by providing policy-based delivery of content, business processes, and utilities for searching through enterprise-wide information silos. SharePoint allows you to create secure web portals that allows at-home workers to view and update consolidated business intelligence via Wikis, Blogs, social web sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). For details about Progent's SharePoint support services, see SharePoint integration and application development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To find out about Progent's Exchange support services, visit planning and configuration consulting services for Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoft's collaborative cloud storage service, comparable to GoogleDrive. At-home workers can store files to OneDrive, and colleagues can retrieve them safely through a browser. Included with Microsoft Office and Microsoft 365, OneDrive enables remote employees to jointly author files. Edits made offline are synced when you go back online. For information about Progent's support services for Microsoft OneDrive, visit Onedrive integration experts.
Public Cloud Integration Services for Remote Workers
Progent can provide advanced online support for enabling businesses to create, manage and repair integrated hybrid network models that combine internal data centers, remote workers, branch offices, plus cloud services. Progent offers expertise for all types of cloud service including Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service. Progent can help telecommuters fix issues with cloud access, authentication, and security.
Azure is a popular platform for public cloud services that enables you to utilize IT infrastructure, virtual servers, and key apps running on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Microsoft Azure features over one hundred cloud-based services such as hosting for Windows and Linux-based virtual machines, on-demand cloud storage, email and messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and data backup. Progent can assist you to set up VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity control with Azure Active Directory, and design data backup and recovery systems with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also help you create secure connections to Azure for at-home workers by setting up and debugging firewall appliances and VPN tunnels. To learn about Progent's expertise for Azure, refer to Azure expertise.
Microsoft 365, previously branded Office 365, is Microsoft's popular suite of client productivity applications and cloud-based services offered on a subscription basis. Office apps and services are marketed in a variety of plans intended for customers ranging from individuals and households to large enterprises. Progent offers quick and easy online access to experts knowledgeable about Microsoft 365-compatible endpoint devices based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent's experts can help you to evaluate the numerous subscription bundles available for Microsoft 365 and configure 365 apps for your telecommuters in a way that delivers top business value. For information about Progent's expertise for Microsoft 365, see Microsoft 365 consulting expertise.
Exchange Online is one of the most popular cloud-based applications in Azure-hosted Microsoft 365 product suite. Microsoft 365 Exchange Online provides the benefits of reduced spending for data center infrastructure, easier management, dynamic scaling, high reliability, and additional benefits associated with public clouds. Microsoft has engineered Exchange Online to run smoothly with local Exchange environments, enabling customers to build hybrid cloud/onsite information systems. Progent's certified Exchange consultants are available for occasional help to guide you through challenging IT bottlenecks and also offer end-to-end project management services to ensure your telecommuters have easy and safe access to your Exchange Online environment. To find out Progent's consulting services for Microsoft 365 Exchange Online, go to Microsoft 365 Exchange Online configuration and troubleshooting consulting.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a trailblazer in the public cloud arena and is the world's leading provider of cloud services. Progent can provide fast and affordable online contact with cloud integration consultants who can help your business to plan, deploy, manage, and troubleshoot hybrid IT networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud services with on-premises data centers and with other public clouds like Microsoft Azure. Progent also can provide the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to assist your company to create a high-uptime network model to make sure your users have a consistent computing experience regardless of whether they are working from your main office, a branch office, at home, or on the road. For information about Progent's consulting expertise for Amazon AWS, visit Amazon AWS integration support.
Google Cloud (GCP) is a popular set of public cloud services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can assist you to expand your current IT resources with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's database experts can help you make your critical applications cloud ready so your teleworkers can benefit fully from Google Cloud Platform services. Progent can assist you to set up VMs on Google Cloud Compute Engine, plan a cost-effective storage system with Google Cloud Storage services, and streamline access control for at-home workers with Google Cloud Identity. Progent can also help your business to use GCP's management tools to administer and monitor your GCP environment. To find out, see Google Cloud Platform (GCP) integration services.
Help Desk Services for Teleworkers
A fast, enterprise-wide switchover to a from-home business model, which might be driven by a pandemic or as an element of a disaster recovery/business continuity plan, can overstretch even a high-performing in-house Support Desk. Progent's Help Desk Call Center services make it possible for businesses to outsource or expand their Call Center with Progent's online Technical Response Center (TRC) team.
- Progent's Standard Call Center support services utilize Progent's extensive network of online technical support experts along with world-class trouble ticketing and follow-up software to provide an economical, state-of-the-art Call Center. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer a comprehensive solution that addresses all facets of remote Level 1 PC support from initial service requests through trouble ticket creation, desktop sharing, issue resolution, and incident reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal enables at-home employees to monitor or update the status of their active trouble tickets, enter details, and upload screenshots and attachments. Support services are delivered at a significant discount off Progent's ordinary Level 1 desktop service rates, and Progent offers the option of rapid hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 IT specialists to resolve complex problems. To find out more, see Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small and mid-size companies.
- Progent's Support Desk Supplemental Service allows your business to expand your current Call Center team by splitting responsibilities for Support Desk services transparently between your regular support personnel and Progent's extensive roster of desktop support technicians and subject matter specialists. Progent's co-managed Help Desk Call Center service uses a collaborative support solution based on the leading PSA tool for managing service requests and trouble tickets, establishing responsibility, monitoring progress, and generating reports. To find out how Progent's Help Desk Call Center Supplementation Services can enable your company to provide world-class technical support to your at-home workforce, refer to Progent's Call Center supplementation Services.
Security for Remote Workers
At-home workers typically utilize their personal computing devices and usually operate in an unsecured physical space. This multiplies their susceptibility to cyber attacks and calls for careful configuration of firewalls, AV tools, MFA-based identity verification, remote monitoring, intensive user education, and the creation of policies based on best practices. Progent's seasoned team of IT security support experts can assist your business to plan, configure and manage an effective security solution that guards vital information assets in environments that incorporate an at-home workforce.
Firewalls enable you to build a network environment that can be safely utilized by local users and by at-home workers, mobile workers, vendors, customers, and other stakeholders. Modern firewall devices permit you to configure and manage appropriate access rights to various groups of users and to expand your network and modify your security profile as your business evolves and as cyber threats become more complex. Progent works with both new and legacy firewall appliances from all leading vendors like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, and Fortinet. For more information about Progent's firewall support expertise, refer to firewall configuration and support expertise.
Online Endpoint Monitoring makes it possible to track the disparate devices utilized by at-home workers and either block or identify and mitigate the latest cyber attacks like ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a small-footprint software agent is put on each secured endpoint device, watching all activity and utilizing state-of-the-art AI technology from SentinelOne to identify zero-day attacks at inception. When a cyberattack is spotted, ProSight ASM instantly isolates the infected device from the network to quarantine the threat. Because the ProSight ASM agent is self-contained, endpoints remain secure even if they are disconnected from the Internet. Progent is a SentinelOne Partner, dealer, and integrator. For details about ProSight ASM, refer to remote endpoint monitoring for an at-home workforce.
Progent's Duo MFA Managed Services utilize Cisco's Duo cloud technology to defend against stolen passwords through the use of two-factor authentication. Duo enables one-tap identity confirmation on iOS, Google Android, and other personal devices. With 2FA, whenever you log into a protected online account and give your password you are requested to confirm your identity via a unit that only you have and that is accessed using a separate network channel. A broad selection of devices can be utilized as this second means of ID validation such as a smartphone or wearable, a hardware/software token, a landline phone, etc. You can register multiple verification devices. To find out more about ProSight Duo identity authentication services, refer to Cisco Duo MFA two-factor authentication services for an at-home workforce.
Security Audits can evaluate the vulnerability of your network to all classes of outside and local security threats for an environment that includes teleworkers. Progent can deploy online, automated security inventory software for quickly and affordably detecting a wide variety of security gaps that can be surfaced via the Internet. Progent's security audit experts, which can be managed by security professionals with top credentials including CISM, ISSAP, and GIAC, can help you to evaluate your operations and governance policies and review your network architecture to enable you to implement the highest level of security for your an at-home workforce.
Horizon3.ai's NodeZero PEN Testing Platform is a leading-edge penetration test (pentest) product family that can deliver autonomous testing of your at-home environment as well as your internal and perimeter networks so you can identify, rank, fix, and verify security weaknesses before threat actors can take advantage of them. Progent can assist you to deploy NodeZero to perform comprehensive pentests of your network perimeter and your internal IT infrastructure so you can determine your present security profile. Progent can also help you to harden your existing network security and can assist you to plan and implement a unified cybersecurity strategy that streamlines management and delivers optimum cyber defense for on-premises, cloud-based, at-home, and perimeter IT resources. To find out more details about Progent's vulnerability analysis solutions based on on NodeZero's pentest platform, refer to Consulting Support for NodeZero's Pentest Products.
Download White Paper: Securing a Work-From-Home Network
To read or download a white paper about critical things to concentrate on for securing an IT environment that incorporates work-from-home staff, click:
Securing a Work-From-Home (WFH) Network White Paper. (PDF - 2.4 MB)
Data Protection for At-Home Workers
The field of Data Protection covers backing up and restoring critical data so as to prevent data loss and minimize restoration time in case of storage problems due to equipment issues, software hiccups, user mistakes, cyber attack, or any other reason. Dependable data protection strategies can be particularly challenging to design and maintain in hybrid networks that combine private data centers, cloud resources, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Restore solutions for at-home workers must address multiple types of personally owned endpoint devices. Progent can provide quick remote access to consultants familiar with a wide range of products for protection Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktop computers as well as notebooks, tablets and handhelds. Popular backup/restore products supported by Progent's backup/recovery consultants include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, CrashPlan, Mozy, and Time Machine. To protect data spread across a hybrid network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services, a backup/recovery service that utilizes cloud-based storage and includes granular recovery and centralized management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity plans commonly anticipate circumstances that call for a rapid switch to telecommuting. Progent's expert disaster recovery preparedness experts and business continuity planning specialists can assist your company to produce, document and test a DR/BC plan that addresses the process of switching to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for Telecommuters
Microsoft has rebranded and rebundled its endpoint management platforms under the name Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud-based management of remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing local computers. Endpoint Manager features a unified platform for protecting critical data by managing local, mobile, and home-based endpoints.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also includes Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and securing mobile devices and applications. Managed endpoint devices can be personally owned or company owned. Network administrators managing the endpoint devices of teleworkers can use Intune to deploy and authenticate apps on managed devices, push updates and certificates, configure rules for accessing information and resources, manage passwords, establish VPN tunnels, control how home-based workers share data, establish threat defense, ensure security compliance, and erase sensitive information from missing, stolen or deactivated devices. Intune runs with Apple iOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS computers. To find out about Intune and how Progent can assist your company to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to administer the endpoint computers of your teleworkers, refer to Intune mobile device management consultants.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced centralized MDM product that allows network administrators to keep remote endpoints current and secure. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch technology for unified endpoint administration along with VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery platform for authorization control, app management, and setup management of endpoint devices. Workspace ONE runs with devices powered by Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or leading distros of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-site product through a one-time purchase. Top capabilities of VMware Workspace ONE include fast over-the-air deployment of new laptops, quick onboarding of new employees, policy setting and enforcement for all classes of endpoints, unifies reporting and analytics, an email encryption gateway, and tight integration with Microsoft apps and cloud-based products. For information about Progent's support services for VMware Workspace ONE, visit VMware Workspace ONE remote device management consultants.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Support Services
To contact Progent about building and managing a productive telecommuter solution for your Calgary, Alberta organization, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.