Enlarging your remote workforce may have a significant impact on network architecture, security/compliance, and corporate culture. Progent has 20 years of background helping small and mid-size businesses to plan, configure, manage, optimize, and troubleshoot IT environments that incorporate at-home workers. Progent can assist your Calgary company to select the right tools and follow best practices in building and maintaining a secure virtual office solution for telecommuters that promotes collaboration and returns maximum value. Progent offers services ranging from as-needed guidance for getting you over occasional technical roadblocks to comprehensive project management or co-management to help you successfully complete mission-critical initiatives.
Progent can assist Calgary, Alberta businesses to succeed with any aspect of building a high-functioning telecommuting environment by providing network infrastructure configuration services, IP voice expertise, video conferencing integration, collaboration platform customization and training, cloud integration, Help Desk services, cybersecurity, data protection solutions, and unified management.
Network Infrastructure for Telecommuters
Configuring the physical and software infrastructure needed to support an at-home work environment can be particularly complex if you have to accommodate a mix of worker-owned hardware such as desktop computers and laptops, Internet routers, and wireless APs from various manufacturers and with a variety of OS software and firmware levels. Progent's experience delivering remote help for both legacy as well as modern IT products in virtual office solutions allows you to make efficient use of your existing network infrastructure and provides you with fast access to top-tire consultants for implement essential updates. Services offered by Progent to help your company to implement a high-functioning telecommuting ecosystem include:
- VPN connectivity makes it possible to create a safe tunnel for authenticated remote workers to use IT resources situated at your corporate data center or in the cloud. Progent can assist you to deploy and maintain VPN connections between your at-home workforce and your key IT resources by providing online VPN integration consulting. For organizations with Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco ASA consultants can help your telecommuters to utilize Cisco's AnyConnect software for secure VPN tunneling for a wide range of endpoint devices such as Microsoft Windows, Mac, iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure products allow a teleworker to see and use a data center computer's desktop. This gives network managers substantial control over the digital environment of at-home employees and offers them a consistent and more productive work experience. Progent's VDI services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops expertise.
- Routers attach at-home computer networks to the Internet and support VPN connections, home wireless networks, and firewall services. Progent offers expert remote consulting for deploying routers from a variety of vendors. See router integration services from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, typically supporting an entire household and guests, are frequently used by telecommuters to connect to their router for work. This can cause performance as well as security issues. Progent can help you to mitigate these problems by providing expertise like Aironet configuration consulting, Cisco Meraki WiFi installation expertise, and Ubiquiti Unifi WiFi access point setup assistance.
- Internet connectivity solutions affect the performance and availability of connections between telecommuters and the company network. Line-of-business processes might demand redundant Internet connections in case the primary connection fails. Progent can provide expertise for selecting ISPs, picking sensible service bundles, and integrating high-availability Internet access. Refer to Internet access solutions.
VoIP Integration for Teleworkers
Expanding the corporate phone environment to include telecommuters is vital to supporting a productive work-at-home solution. A variety of cloud-centric VoIP platforms are popular with SMBs to support teleworkers. Many enterprises depend on Cisco's modern or legacy products for VoIP solutions. Progent can help organizations of all sizes to design or tune a telecommuter VoIP service that delivers the versatility, transparency and security required for at-home workers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice experts offer high-level support to assist businesses optimize their current Cisco VoIP systems to support an expanding remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM) extends high-end IP telephony capabilities to devices like IP phones, media processing platforms, Voice over IP gateways, and mixed media software deployed across the network. CUCM supports additional mixed media services like messaging, video conferencing, and customer interaction networks. For details about Progent's Cisco Unified CM or CUCM expertise, visit CUCM consulting services.
- CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing software and has been superseded by Cisco Unified CM or CUCM. Progent can help you to maintain your current CallManager environment or upgrade smoothly to Cisco's modern IP telephony products. To learn about Progent's support services for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other legacy IP voice platforms, refer to CallManager consulting services.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide integration with public telephony networks and with users operating beyond the corporate firewall
like telecommuters. Progent can provide consulting expertise for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways such as the UC520, UC540 and UC560 products as well as for modern Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway integration expertise.
- Other VoIP Products supported by Progent include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can assist you to enhance your WAN architecture to support these solutions and deliver on-demand deployment and troubleshooting services.
Voice/Video Conferencing for Remote Workers
A broad range of video conferencing products from major vendors enable online discussions, video conferencing, chat, and content sharing for both local workers and teleworkers. Many organizations use multiple products to accommodate their different partners and clients. Progent's communications experts can assist your organization to manage your existing conferencing environment and enhance the experience of your remote workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading communications platform that enables real-time presence, IM, voice and video calling and conferencing plus the transparent integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software including PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent can provide the expertise of Microsoft-certified consultants who can help your company to deploy and manage Skype for Business clients to support your at-home employees. To learn more about Progent's support services for Skype for Business, visit Skype for Business integration experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video phone app for iOS, iPadOS, iPod and Mac devices. FaceTime works on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Current versions of FaceTime support as many as 32 simultaneous users for video sessions. For details about Progent's support expertise for Apple FaceTime, visit Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides remote conferencing for most computing devices. Offered via Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex services include sharing discrete content or screens, presentations that embed rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, network-based capture, plus revision and playback for future reference and training. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Webex and for other IP video solutions from Cisco, visit Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams provides a hub for conferencing, contacts, and content with capabilities that include voice/video calling, threaded chat, plus data sharing. For details about Progent's support services for Microsoft Teams and for additional Microsoft 365 products, refer to Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Conferencing Apps supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver integration and debugging expertise for these products and
help you to optimize your WAN infrastructure to host them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Platforms for an At-Home Workforce
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are tightly integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office families, providing a powerful ecosystem of applications that create a consistent user interface for sharing information across multiple sites and on a wide range of endpoint devices. Progent has provided online consulting services for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange since their initial publication and can assist businesses to tune these critical collaboration products to maximize the effectiveness of your at-home workforce.
SharePoint utilizes web sites to facilitate collaboration and information delivery by providing policy-driven delivery of data, workflow, and utilities for searching through company-wide information silos. SharePoint enables you to build protected portals that permits remote workforce to see and edit aggregated business intelligence by means of Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social web sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). To learn about Progent's SharePoint expertise, refer to SharePoint configuration and application development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For information about Progent's Exchange consulting expertise, refer to deployment consulting services for Microsoft Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoftís collaborative cloud file hosting and synchronization service, comparable to GoogleDrive. Remote workers can save files to OneDrive, and co-workers anywhere can retrieve them securely through a web browser. Included with Office 365, OneDrive enables remote employees to jointly author files. Edits made offline are synced when you go back online. To find out about Progent's expertise for Microsoft OneDrive, refer to Microsoft Onedrive integration consulting.
Public Cloud Integration Services for Teleworkers
Progent offers fast and affordable remote support for enabling businesses to build, manage and repair integrated hybrid network architectures that combine internal data centers, telecommuters, branches, and cloud services. Progent can provide expertise for all modes of cloud service delivery including Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help telecommuters resolve issues with cloud access, identity, and cybersecurity.
Microsoft Azure is a leading platform for public cloud services that enables you to utilize IT infrastructure, virtual servers, and critical applications hosted on Microsoft's massive cloud. Azure features over 100 services services including hosting for Windows and Linux-based virtual machines, scalable cloud storage, messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and backup/restore. Progent can help you to deploy virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity management with Azure AD, and plan data backup and restore systems with Azure Backup. Progent can also show you how to create secure connections to Azure services for remote workers by configuring and debugging firewall appliances and VPN tunnels. To find out about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Azure, see Microsoft Azure consulting services.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing family of client productivity software and cloud-based services available on a subscription basis. Office applications and cloud services are provided in a variety of plans designed for customers ranging from individuals and households to major enterprises. Progent can provide quick and easy remote contact with experts knowledgeable about Microsoft 365-compatible clients based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent can help you to assess the various subscription plans offered with Office 365 and deploy 365 apps for your at-home workers to achieve top business value. To learn about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Office 365, refer to Office 365 consulting expertise.
Microsoft 365 Exchange Online is among the most widely used applications in Azure-hosted Office 365 product line. Exchange Online provides the advantages of lower spending for data center infrastructure, simplified management, dynamic scaling, high availability, and additional benefits inherent with cloud computing. Microsoft has designed Exchange Online to operate transparently with local deployments of Exchange, allowing customers to build hybrid information systems. Progent's certified Exchange consultants can provide occasional assistance to guide you past challenging IT roadblocks and can also provide end-to-end project management outsourcing to ensure your at-home workers have convenient and secure access to your Office 365 Exchange Online deployment. To learn Progent's consulting services for Microsoft 365 Exchange Online, go to Office 365 Exchange Online configuration and troubleshooting consulting.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a pioneer in the public cloud computing arena and is the world's biggest source of cloud-based services. Progent can provide rapid and economical online access to cloud connectivity consultants who can help your organization to plan, implement, maintain, and troubleshoot hybrid information networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud services with local data centers and with other public clouds like Microsoft Azure. Progent also can provide access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to assist you to build a high-uptime network architecture so your users have a productive computing experience regardless of whether they are working from your main office, a remote branch, from home, or on the road. For information about Progent's expertise for Amazon AWS, see Amazon AWS integration services.
Google Cloud (GCP) is a popular set of cloud services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can help you to extend your existing IT assets with the Google Cloud, and Progent's DBA experts can show you how to make your key apps cloud friendly so your teleworkers can benefit fully from Google Cloud services. Progent's consultants can help you to set up VMs on GCP Compute Engine, design an efficient storage solution with GCP Storage services, and simplify access management for remote workers with Google Cloud Identity. Progent can also assist you to use GCP's management technology to control and monitor your Google Cloud environment. To find out, go to Google Cloud Platform (GCP) integration expertise.
Help Desk Support for At-Home Workers
A sudden, company-wide changeover to a from-home business model, which might be the result of an epidemic or as part of a disaster recovery/business continuity preparedness plan, can overwhelm even a high-performing internal Help Desk. Progent's Help Desk services make it possible for organizations to outsource or expand their Call Center with Progent's online Technical Response Center services.
- Progent's Standard Support Desk support services leverage Progent's nationwide team of online technical support specialists along with world-class ticketing and tracking software to offer an economical, advanced Support Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide a comprehensive solution that addresses all facets of online Level 1 PC support from help requests to trouble ticket generation, desktop sharing, issue resolution, and reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal enables at-home employees to monitor or edit the status of their current tickets, enter information, and append screen captures and relevant files. Desktop support services are provided at a substantial discount off Progent's ordinary Level 1 technical support rates, and Progent makes available the option of rapid escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 support experts to resolve complex issues. To find out more, visit Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small and mid-size businesses.
- Progent's Help Desk Augmentation Service enables your company to augment your current Call Center team by sharing responsibilities for Call Desk services transparently between your regular support personnel and Progent's extensive roster of desktop support technicians and subject matter specialists. Progent's co-managed Help Desk service is based on a collective support model based on the number one professional services automation platform for managing help requests and ticketing, establishing responsibility, monitoring progress, and generating management reports. For details about how Progent's Help Desk Supplementation Services can help your business to provide world-class desktop support to your from-home workers, see Progent's Call Center supplementation Services.
Security and Compliance for Remote Workers
At-home workers often use their own computers and work in a physically unsecured area. This increases their vulnerability to cyber attacks and calls for judicious use of security appliances, remote monitoring, and the creation of policies that follow leading practices. Progent's veteran roster of certified cybersecurity professionals can assist your organization to design, deploy and manage a modern security solution that guards sensitive data in networks that include remote workers.
- Firewalls allow companies to create a network environment that can be safely utilized by on-premises users as well as by telecommuters, mobile users, suppliers, clients, and other stakeholders. Next-generation firewall appliances allow you to configure and control appropriate access rights to different classes of users and to scale your network and adjust your security as your business evolves and as cyber threats become more sophisticated. Progent works with both new and legacy security devices from all major manufacturers like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. For details about Progent's firewall configuration services, visit firewall support expertise.
- Online Endpoint Monitoring makes it easy to watch over the various devices utilized by remote workers and either reject or identify and mitigate modern threats such as ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a small-footprint agent is put on each protected endpoint device, watching all activity and using advanced behavioral threat analysis to identify new attacks on arrival. When an attack is discovered, ProSight Active Security Monitoring instantly disconnects the infected device from the network to contain the threat. Since the ProSight Active Security Monitoring agent is self-contained, endpoints stay secure even when they are offline. To learn more about ProSight ASM, visit remote endpoint monitoring for telecommuters.
- Security Audits can evaluate the exposure of your network to all types of external and internal security threats for a network that incorporates at-home workers. Progent can run remote, automated cybersecurity analysis software for rapidly and affordably detecting a broad range of security holes that can be surfaced via the Internet. Progent's endpoint security audit consulting services, which can be provided by data security experts with top certifications including CISA, ISSAP, and GIAC, can assist your business to audit your workflows and governance policies and review your IT infrastructure to enable you to design top-level protection for your at-home workers.
Data Protection for Remote Workers
Data Protection covers saving and recovering vital information so as to prevent data loss and minimize recovery time and effort in the event of storage failures resulting from equipment breakdowns, programming hiccups, operator mistakes, cyber attack, or any other reason. Dependable data protection strategies can be especially challenging to design and maintain in hybrid networks that incorporate in-house data centers, public clouds, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Restore strategies for at-home workers must address multiple types of personally owned endpoint devices. Progent can provide fast remote access to experts familiar with a wide range of platforms for protection Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktop computers as well as laptops, tablets and smartphones. Popular backup/restore products supported by Progent's data protection experts include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, CrashPlan, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To back up resources spread across a wide area network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a backup/recovery subscription service that utilizes cloud storage and includes fine-grained recovery and unified management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity plans typically envision circumstances that call for a quick changeover to a work-at-home environment. Progent's expert disaster recovery planning consultants and business continuity planning specialists can assist your company to create, document and test a DR/BC strategy that includes the logistics of moving to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for At-Home Workers
Microsoft has renamed and reshuffled its endpoint management platforms under the title Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud-based management of mobile and remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing onsite computers. Endpoint Manager provides a unified platform for protecting critical information by managing onsite, mobile, and home-based endpoint devices.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also features Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and protecting remote devices and applications. Remote endpoint computers can be personally owned or company owned. IT admins managing the enrolled endpoint computers of at-home workers can use Intune to provision and validate apps on managed devices, push patches and certificates, configure policies for accessing information and resources, manage passwords, establish VPN tunnels, determine how telecommuters share information, set up threat protection, verify compliance, and delete sensitive information from lost, stolen or decommissioned devices. Intune works with iOS, Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X devices. For information about Microsoft Intune and how Progent can assist your company to use this platform to manage the endpoint computers of your at-home workers, visit Intune mobile endpoint management experts.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced unified MDM product that allows network administrators to keep offsite endpoints up to date and secure. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch technology for unified endpoint administration combined with VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery platform for access control, application management, and setup management of endpoint devices. Workspace ONE runs with devices powered by Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-premises product via a perpetual license. Key capabilities of VMware Workspace ONE include fast over-the-air deployment of new laptops, immediate onboarding of new employees, policy setting and enforcement for all classes of endpoints, aggregated reporting and analytics, an email encryption gateway, and seamless integration with Microsoft apps and cloud products. To find out about Progent's expertise for VMware Workspace ONE, see VMware Workspace ONE mobile endpoint management consultants.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Expertise
To contact Progent about building and maintaining an efficient telecommuter solution for your Calgary, Alberta business, call 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.