Expanding your remote workforce can have a major impact on network infrastructure, cybersecurity, and corporate workflows. Progent has 20 years of background assisting small and mid-size businesses to design, deploy, manage, tune, and debug IT environments that incorporate at-home workers. Progent can assist your Calgary company to pick the right technologies and adhere to best practices in building and operating a safe virtual solution for teleworkers that promotes collaboration and delivers top value. Progent offers services ranging from as-needed expertise for helping you past occasional IT bottlenecks to comprehensive project management to help you successfully complete business-critical initiatives.
Progent's consultants can help Calgary, Alberta companies to with any aspect of building a high-functioning work-at-home ecosystem by delivering infrastructure configuration services, VoIP PBX expertise, video conferencing integration, collaboration platform selection and deployment, cloud connectivity, Help Desk outsourcing, endpoint security, data protection solutions, and streamlined management.
Infrastructure for an At-Home Workforce
Setting up the network infrastructure needed to support a remote workforce can be especially complicated if you must accommodate a combination of worker-owned hardware like PCs and laptops, routers, and Wi-Fi appliances from an assortment of vendors and with a mix of operating systems and firmware levels. Progent's experience delivering online help for both outdated and modern technologies in virtual office venues enables you to make efficient use of your existing network infrastructure and offers fast access to top-tire consultants for implement essential updates. Support services offered by Progent to help you to create a productive work-at-home infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network technology makes it possible to establish a secure tunnel for authorized remote workers to use IT assets located at your corporate data center or in a public cloud. Progent can help you to deploy and maintain VPN access between your teleworkers and your key network resources by providing remote VPN configuration support. For organizations with Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco ASA consultants can help your at-home workers to utilize Cisco's AnyConnect software for secure VPN connections for a wide selection of devices including Windows, macOS, iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) products enable an at-home worker to view and interact with a remote PC's desktop. This gives network managers significant control over the computing environment of telecommuters and ensures remote users a familiar experience. Progent's virtual desktop services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI consulting.
- Routers attach at-home networks to the Internet and typically support VPN tunnels, home Wi-Fi connectivity, and firewall services. Progent offers expert online support for configuring home routers from a range of vendors. See router integration support from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, typically shared by families and visitors, are commonly utilized by telecommuters to access their Internet router for work. This can cause performance as well as security issues. Progent can help businesses to mitigate these issues by delivering services that include Aironet configuration consulting, Cisco Meraki wireless deployment consulting, and Ubiquiti WiFi AP setup help.
- Internet connectivity solutions impact the speed and availability of connections between at-home workers and the corporate network. Line-of-business processes might require backup Internet connections in case the primary connection fails. Progent can provide guidance for identifying Internet service providers, selecting sensible service packages, and configuring redundant Internet connections. See Internet access integration services.
IP Voice Solutions for At-Home Workers
Extending the business PBX environment to accommodate telecommuters is critical to supporting an effective work-at-home solution. A broad range of cloud-centric digital PBX products are popular with SMBs to support telecommuters. Many larger organizations depend on Cisco's modern or legacy platforms for VoIP solutions. Progent can assist businesses of all sizes to design or maintain a remote VoIP environment that delivers the flexibility, convenience and protection needed for telecommuters. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice experts offer high-level support to assist organizations tune their current Cisco VoIP environments to handle an expanding at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM) delivers high-end telephony capabilities to devices such as VoIP phones, media processing products, Voice over IP gateways, and multimedia software deployed throughout the network. Unified Communications Manager supports other combined media services like unified messaging, voice/video conferencing, and team interaction networks. For details about Progent's CUCM support, see CUCM consultants.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing software and has been superseded by CUCM. Progent can assist your company to support your existing CallManager deployment or migrate smoothly to Cisco's modern IP telephony solutions. To learn about Progent's expertise for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other older IP voice products, visit CallManager expertise.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable integration with PSTN networks and with clients operating beyond the corporate perimeter
like at-home workers. Progent offers consulting expertise for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways including the UC520, UC540 and UC560 series as well as for modern Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway integration consulting.
- Additional VoIP Platforms supported by Progent include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can help you to expand your wide area network infrastructure to work with these VoIP solutions and provide as-needed integration and troubleshooting expertise.
Voice/Video Conferencing for Teleworkers
A wide range of video conferencing platforms from major vendors support virtual meetings, video conferencing, chat sessions, and screen sharing for both local workers and telecommuters. Many companies use multiple conferencing products to meet the needs of their various partners and customers. Progent can assist you to manage your existing conferencing ecosystem and enhance the productivity of your remote workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular communications platform that supports real-time presence, instant messaging, voice and video calling and conferencing plus the seamless integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent can provide the skills of Microsoft-certified specialists who can help you to deploy and manage Skype for Business clients to support your remote workforce. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Skype for Business, refer to Skype for Business consulting experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video phone app for iOS, iPadOS, iPod and macOS computers and smartphones. FaceTime works over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Current editions of FaceTime allow up to 32 simultaneous users for voice/video calls. For details about Progent's support services for Apple FaceTime, visit Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports online conferencing for most desktop or mobile devices. Delivered via Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex capabilities include sharing specific content or screens, presentations that incorporate rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint, session recording, plus revision and playback for future reference. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Cisco Webex and for other IP video solutions from Cisco, refer to Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams provides a hub for conversations, contacts, and content with capabilities that include video calling, persistent chat, plus file sharing. To learn more about Progent's support services for Teams as well as for other Office 365 products, see Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Voice/Video Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide integration and debugging expertise for these products and
assist your business to tune your network architecture to run them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Software for Telecommuters
Microsoft's collaboration products are tightly integrated with Microsoft's popular Office and Microsoft 365 suites, providing a rich ecosystem of productivity apps that create a cohesive user interface for sharing information throughout a corporate network and on a wide range of endpoints. Progent has provided remote consulting support for SharePoint and Exchange Server since their initial releases and can help businesses to tune these flagship collaboration platforms to optimize the productivity of your at-home workforce.
SharePoint utilizes web sites to promote collaboration and information sharing by offering policy-based access to data, workflow, and tools for searching through enterprise-wide information silos. SharePoint enables you to build protected web portals that enables remote workforce to view and update consolidated business intelligence by means of Wikis, Blogs, social networking sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). For information about Progent's SharePoint support services, refer to SharePoint integration and development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To learn about Progent's Exchange consulting services, go to integration consulting for Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoftís collaborative cloud-based file hosting and synchronization service, similar to GoogleDrive. At-home users can save files to OneDrive, and co-workers can share them safely via a browser. Included with Office 365, OneDrive allows at-home workers to jointly author files. Edits made offline are uploaded when you reconnect to the Internet. To find out about Progent's consulting services for OneDrive, see Onedrive integration experts.
Public Cloud Integration for Telecommuters
Progent offers fast and affordable online assistance for enabling organizations to build, manage and repair integrated network models that include internal data centers, at-home workers, branches, plus cloud services. Progent offers expertise for all modes of public cloud service delivery such as Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service. Progent can help telecommuters resolve issues with cloud access, identity, and cybersecurity.
Azure is a leading platform for public cloud services that enables you to utilize IT infrastructure, servers, and key applications running on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Microsoft Azure offers over 100 cloud-based services including the ability to host Windows and Linux-based VMs, on-demand cloud storage, email and messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and data protection. Progent can help your organization to set up VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, configure cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity control with Azure Active Directory, and design backup and recovery systems with Azure Backup. Progent can also help you create protected access to Azure services for telecommuters by setting up and troubleshooting firewalls and VPN tunnels. For information about Progent's consulting expertise for Azure, visit Microsoft Azure consulting.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's popular suite of business productivity software and cloud-based services available on a subscription basis. Office applications and services are marketed in a variety of plans intended for users ranging from students and households to major corporations. Progent can provide quick and affordable online contact with experts familiar with Microsoft 365-compatible client devices running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent's experts can help you to evaluate the numerous subscription bundles available for Office 365 and configure 365 applications for your telecommuters in a way that delivers maximum business value. For information about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Office 365, go to Microsoft Office 365 consulting support.
Office 365 Exchange Online is one of the most popular applications in Azure-hosted Office 365 product line. Exchange Online provides the benefits of lower costs for data center infrastructure, easier management, dynamic scaling, high availability, and other benefits associated with public clouds. Microsoft has designed Office 365 Exchange Online to run smoothly with on-premises Exchange environments, enabling customers to build hybrid cloud/onsite networks. Progent's Exchange experts are available for occasional assistance to guide you through challenging IT bottlenecks and can also provide end-to-end project management services to make sure your telecommuters have convenient and safe access to your Microsoft 365 Exchange Online deployment. To find out Progent's expertise for Exchange Online, go to Office 365 Exchange Online configuration and troubleshooting consulting.
Amazon AWS is a pioneer in the public cloud computing market and is the industry's top source of cloud services. Progent offers rapid and economical online contact with cloud integration consultants who can help your organization to plan, implement, maintain, and troubleshoot hybrid IT networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with on-premises resources and with other popular cloud platforms such as Azure. Progent also can provide access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to assist your company to build a high-uptime network architecture so your users have a consistent computing environment whether they are working from your main office, a remote branch, from home, or on the road. To learn about Progent's expertise for Amazon AWS, see Amazon AWS integration expertise.
Google Cloud Platform is a leading set of cloud computing services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can assist you to expand your current IT resources with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's database consultants can help you make your key apps cloud ready so your telecommuters can take full advantage of Google Cloud Platform services. Progent's consultants can help you to deploy VMs on Google Cloud Compute Engine, plan a cost-effective storage system with GCP Storage, and streamline access control for at-home workers with Google Cloud Identity. Progent's experts can also assist you to use GCP's unified management tools to control and monitor your Google Cloud ecosystem. To learn, see Google Cloud Platform (GCP) integration support.
Help Desk Call Center Support for Remote Workers
A fast, organization-wide changeover to a teleworker workforce, which could be the result of an epidemic or as part of a business continuity process, can overwhelm even a high-performing internal Help Desk. Progent's Help Desk services allow organizations to outsource or supplement their Call Desk by using Progent's online Technical Response Center services.
- Progent's Standard Support Desk services leverage Progent's extensive network of remote technical support experts along with enterprise-class trouble ticketing and follow-up software to provide an affordable, state-of-the-art Help Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer a comprehensive solution that handles all aspects of remote Level 1 desktop support from initial service requests through trouble ticket creation, screen sharing, issue resolution, and reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal allows at-home employees to track or revise their current tickets, enter information, and append screenshots or relevant files. Support services are provided at a significant discount off Progent's normal Level 1 technical service charges, and Progent makes available the option of rapid escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 support specialists to resolve advanced issues. For more information, see Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small and mid-size companies.
- Progent's Call Center Supplemental Service enables your company to expand your existing Help Desk Call Center team by sharing delivery of Help Desk Call Center support transparently between your in-house IT support staff and Progent's extensive roster of PC support technicians and subject matter experts. Progent's co-managed Call Desk service uses a co-sourcing support model utilizing the leading PSA tool for managing service requests and trouble tickets, assigning ownership, monitoring progress, and generating management reports. To learn how Progent's Support Desk Supplementation Services can help your business to deliver best-in-class IT support to your at-home workforce, visit Progent's Help Desk augmentation Services.
Security and Compliance for Teleworkers
At-home workers commonly use their own equipment and work in a physically unsecured space. This increases their vulnerability to cyber attacks and requires careful deployment of security appliances, remote security monitoring, and the enforcement of security policies based on leading practices. Progent's seasoned team of certified cybersecurity professionals can assist your company to design, deploy and manage a modern security environment that protects vital data in networks that incorporate telecommuters.
- Firewalls enable you to build a network that can be safely accessed by on-premises users as well as by teleworkers, mobile users, vendors, customers, and other stakeholders. Modern firewall devices allow you to configure and control appropriate permissions to different classes of users and to scale your IT network and modify your security profile as your company evolves and as network attacks grow increasingly complex. Progent supports both current and older firewall devices from all leading vendors including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, and Fortinet. To find out more about Progent's firewall integration expertise, go to firewall integration and support expertise.
- Online Endpoint Monitoring makes it possible to track the disparate devices utilized by an at-home workforce and either reject or identify and mitigate the latest threats like ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a small-footprint agent is put on each secured endpoint, watching all activity and using advanced machine learning and full execution context to identify new threats on arrival. When a cyberattack is discovered, ProSight Active Security Monitoring instantly disconnects the infected device from the corporate network to contain the malware. Because the ProSight ASM software agent is autonomous, endpoint devices remain protected even when they are offline. To find out more about ProSight ASM, visit remote endpoint security monitoring for telecommuters.
- Security Audits can assess the exposure of your network to all types of external and internal security threats for an environment that includes at-home workers. Progent can run remote, automated security inventory scanning for rapidly and economically detecting a broad range of security gaps that can be surfaced over the Internet. Progent's security audit consulting services, which can be managed by network security professionals with advanced credentials such as CISA, ISSAP, and GIAC, can help you to audit your workflows and governance policies and assess your IT architecture to enable you to implement top-level protection for your teleworkers.
Data Protection Solutions for Remote Workers
Data Protection involves saving and recovering critical data in order to prevent data loss and minimize restoration time in the event of storage failures due to hardware breakdowns, programming hiccups, user error, cyber attack, or other causes. Dependable data protection strategies can be especially challenging to design and manage in hybrid environments that combine local data centers, cloud resources, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Restore solutions for an at-home workforce must address diverse kinds of user-owned endpoint devices. Progent offers fast online access to consultants knowledgeable about a broad array of platforms for backing up Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktop computers as well as laptops, iPads and smartphones. Leading backup/restore solutions maintained by Progent's backup/recovery consultants include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, CrashPlan, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To back up data distributed across a wide area network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services, a backup/recovery subscription service that uses cloud storage and features fine-grained restore and unified management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity plans often envision circumstances that call for a quick switch to telecommuting. Progent's expert disaster recovery preparedness experts and business continuity specialists can assist your business to create, document and validate a DR/BC plan that addresses the logistics of moving to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for Telecommuters
Microsoft has renamed and rebundled its endpoint management platforms under the title Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud-based management of remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing local computers. Microsoft Endpoint Manager features a unified platform for protecting critical data by managing local, mobile, and home-based endpoints.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also features Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and securing remote devices and applications. Remote endpoint devices can be user owned or company owned. Network administrators managing the enrolled endpoint computers of telecommuters can utilize Intune to deploy and authenticate applications on managed devices, push updates and certificates, configure rules for permission to access data and networks, set passwords, create VPN connections, control how home-based workers share data, set up threat protection, ensure security compliance, and delete corporate information from missing, stolen or decommissioned devices. Intune runs with Apple iOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS endpoints. To learn about Intune and how Progent can help you to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to manage the endpoint computers of your teleworkers, see Intune teleworker device management expertise.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich unified Mobile Device Management product that helps network administrators to keep offsite endpoints current and protected. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch technology for centralized endpoint management combined with VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery platform for identity control, app management, and configuration management of endpoint computers. Workspace ONE runs with endpoints based on Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-site deployment through a one-time purchase. Key features of Workspace ONE include fast remote deployment of new laptops, immediate onboarding of new users, policy set up and enforcement for all categories of endpoints, unifies management reporting and performance analytics, an email encryption gateway, and seamless integration with Microsoft apps and cloud-based products. For information about Progent's support services for VMware Workspace ONE, refer to VMware Workspace ONE remote endpoint management expertise.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Expertise
To contact Progent about building and maintaining an efficient work-from-home solution for your Calgary, Alberta organization, phone 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.