Expanding your telecommuter workforce can have a major impact on IT architecture, security/compliance, and corporate culture. Progent has 20 years of background helping small and mid-size businesses to design, configure, administer, optimize, and troubleshoot IT networks that support work-from-home employees. Progent can assist your Calgary organization to pick the appropriate tools and adhere to leading practices in building and maintaining a safe virtual office solution for telecommuters that facilitates collaboration and returns maximum business value. Progent can provide services that go from as-needed guidance for getting you past challenging IT roadblocks to comprehensive project management or co-management to help you successfully complete mission-critical initiatives.
Progent's consultants can help Calgary, Alberta businesses to succeed with any facet of building a high-functioning telecommuting environment by providing network infrastructure configuration services, IP voice expertise, video conferencing integration, collaboration platform selection and deployment, public cloud connectivity, Help Desk outsourcing, security monitoring, backup/restore solutions, and unified management.
Infrastructure for Telecommuters
Integrating the physical and software infrastructure needed to support an at-home work environment can be particularly challenging if you must accommodate a mix of personal hardware such as desktop computers and laptops, routers, and wireless appliances from different manufacturers and with a variety of OS software and firmware releases. Progent's background delivering remote help for both legacy as well as current technologies in virtual office venues allows you to make efficient use of your existing network infrastructure and offers ready access to expertise for implement essential updates. Support services available from Progent to assist you to implement a productive telecommuting infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network technology makes it possible to create a secure connection for authenticated at-home employees to use IT resources located at your corporate datacenter or in a public cloud. Progent's consultants can help your company to configure and maintain VPN connections between your teleworkers and your key IT resources by providing remote VPN integration consulting. For businesses using Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco ASA Firewall experts can help your remote workers to set up Cisco's popular AnyConnect client software for secure VPN tunneling for a broad selection of endpoint devices including Windows, Mac, Apple iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure platforms allow an at-home worker to see and use a data center computer's desktop. This technology provides IT managers significant control over the computing ecosystem of telecommuters and ensures them a familiar experience. Progent's VDI consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops expertise.
- Routers attach home computer networks to the Internet and support VPN connections, home wireless networks, and firewalls. Progent can provide top-tier online support for integrating routers from a variety of manufacturers. See router integration support from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wireless networks, typically supporting families and visitors, are frequently used by telecommuters to connect to their Internet router for work. This can cause throughput and cybersecurity problems. Progent can help you to resolve these problems by providing expertise like Cisco Aironet configuration consulting, Cisco-certified Meraki wireless installation expertise, and Ubiquiti Unifi WiFi access point integration help.
- Internet access solutions impact the performance and reliability of connections between at-home workers and the company network. Mission-critical processes may require redundant Internet access in case the normal connection fails. Progent offers guidance for identifying ISPs, picking appropriate service packages, and integrating redundant Internet access. Refer to Internet connectivity integration services.
VoIP Integration for an At-Home Workforce
Extending the corporate PBX system to include telecommuters is critical to supporting a productive work-at-home solution. A variety of cloud-based digital PBX platforms are popular with SMBs to server remote users. Many enterprises depend on Cisco's modern or legacy platforms for IP voice management. Progent can help businesses of any size to plan or maintain a telecommuter VoIP service that provides the flexibility, convenience and security required for teleworkers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice consultants can provide advanced support to assist businesses tune their current Cisco IP voice environments to handle a growing remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) delivers advanced telephony features to devices like VoIP phones, media processing platforms, VoIP gateways, and mixed media apps used across the network. CUCM manages additional combined media services like messaging, video conferencing, and team collaboration networks. For details about Progent's Cisco Unified CM or CUCM support, refer to CUCM consultants.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing agent and has been replaced by CUCM. Progent can assist you to support your existing CallManager environment or migrate efficiently to Cisco's current IP telephony solutions. To learn about Progent's support services for CallManager and Cisco's other older IP voice platforms, visit Cisco CallManager consulting.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable integration with PSTN networks and with clients working beyond the corporate perimeter
like at-home workers. Progent offers expert support for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways like the UC520, UC540 and UC560 product lines and for current Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway integration consulting.
- Other VoIP Platforms supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can help you to expand your wide area network architecture to support these solutions and deliver online deployment and debugging expertise.
Video Conferencing for At-Home Workers
A wide selection of video conferencing platforms from leading technology companies support virtual discussions, video and voice conferencing, chat sessions, and screen sharing for both local workers and teleworkers. Many organizations utilize multiple products to accommodate their various partners and clients. Progent's communications experts can help you to manage your current conferencing environment and enhance the experience of your remote workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading communications platform that enables real-time presence, instant messaging, voice and video calling and conferencing plus the transparent integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications such as PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent offers the skills of Microsoft-certified specialists who can help you to configure and maintain Skype for Business client software to support your remote employees. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Skype for Business, visit Skype for Business consulting experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video calling app for compatible iOS and macOS computers and smartphones. FaceTime runs on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Newer versions of FaceTime support as many as 32 concurrent users for video calls. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for FaceTime, visit Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports online conferencing for virtually all computing devices. Delivered via Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex capabilities include sharing specific content or computer screens, presentations that embed rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, session capture, plus revision and playback for future reference. For details about Progent's consulting services for Webex and for additional video conferencing solutions from Cisco, visit Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a hub for conferencing, contacts, and content with capabilities such as video conferencing, persistent threaded chat, plus file sharing. For details about Progent's support services for Microsoft Teams and for other Microsoft 365 products, visit Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Voice/Video Conferencing Apps supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver integration and troubleshooting services for these products and
help your business to tune your WAN infrastructure to host them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Software for Remote Workers
Microsoft's collaboration products are tightly integrated with Microsoft's popular Office and Microsoft 365 families, offering a powerful environment of productivity apps that create a consistent user experience for exchanging data and ideas across a corporate network and on a broad range of endpoints. Progent has delivered online consulting support for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange Server since their initial publication and can help businesses to deploy these flagship collaboration platforms to optimize the productivity of your remote workforce.
SharePoint uses web entities to allow collaboration and knowledge sharing by providing policy-based access to data, workflow, and utilities for looking through enterprise-wide business data. SharePoint permits you to build protected web portals that enables at-home workforce to see and edit consolidated business intelligence by means of Wikis, Blogs, social sites, and Web Parts. To learn about Progent's SharePoint consulting expertise, refer to SharePoint integration and development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To find out about Progent's Exchange support services, go to planning and configuration expertise for Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoftís collaborative cloud file hosting and synchronization service, similar to GoogleDrive. At-home workers can save files to OneDrive, and co-workers anywhere can share them safely via a web browser. Provided with Office 365, OneDrive enables at-home employees to co-author documents. Revisions created offline are automatically uploaded when you go back online. To learn about Progent's consulting expertise for OneDrive, refer to Onedrive configuration experts.
Public Cloud Integration Services for Teleworkers
Progent offers affordable remote support for enabling organizations to build, maintain and optimize cohesive network architectures that include physical data centers, at-home workers, branch offices, plus public cloud resources. Progent can provide top-tier consultant for all modes of public cloud service such as Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help at-home workers resolve issues with public cloud connectivity, identity, and cybersecurity.
Azure is a popular platform for cloud services that allows you to use IT infrastructure, virtual servers, and critical applications hosted on Microsoft's massive cloud. Azure includes more than 100 services services including hosting for Windows and Linux-powered virtual machines, scalable cloud storage, email and messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and data protection. Progent can assist you to deploy VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, configure cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity management with Azure AD, and design backup and recovery systems with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also show you how to create protected access to Azure services for remote workers by configuring and troubleshooting firewalls and VPN IPsec tunnels. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Azure, visit Microsoft Azure consulting.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's popular suite of client productivity software and cloud services available by subscription. Microsoft apps and cloud services are marketed in a selection of bundles designed for users ranging from students and households to major enterprises. Progent offers fast and easy remote access to consultants knowledgeable about Office 365-compatible client devices running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent can help you to evaluate the numerous subscription bundles available for Microsoft 365 and configure 365 apps for your at-home workers in a way that delivers maximum business value. To learn about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Office 365, see Office 365 consulting services.
Office 365 Exchange Online is among the most widely used cloud-based applications in Azure-hosted Office 365 product product suite. Microsoft 365 Exchange Online provides the benefits of lower costs for physical infrastructure, simplified management, on-demand scaling, high reliability, and other benefits associated with public clouds. Microsoft has designed Exchange Online to operate smoothly with on-premises Exchange environments, allowing customers to create hybrid networks. Progent's Exchange experts are available for as-needed assistance to get you past challenging technical bottlenecks and also offer comprehensive project management services to make sure your teleworkers have convenient and safe access to your Exchange Online deployment. For details Progent's consulting expertise for Office 365 Exchange Online, visit Exchange Online configuration and troubleshooting consulting.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a pioneer in the public cloud arena and is the world's top provider of cloud-based services. Progent offers fast and economical online access to cloud integration experts who can assist your business to plan, implement, maintain, and troubleshoot hybrid IT networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with local data centers and with other popular cloud platforms like Microsoft Azure. Progent also offers the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to assist your company to create a high-availability network model to make sure your employees have a consistent computing experience regardless of whether they are working from your main office, a branch office, from home, or on the road. To find out about Progent's support services for Amazon AWS, go to Amazon AWS integration services.
Google Cloud (GCP) is a leading collection of cloud services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can assist your business to expand your current IT assets with the Google Cloud, and Progent's database experts can help you make your mission-critical apps cloud ready so your telecommuters can take full advantage of Google Cloud Platform services. Progent can assist your business to deploy VMs on GCP Compute Engine, plan a cost-effective storage system with Google Cloud Storage services, and simplify access management for remote workers with Google Cloud Identity. Progent can also assist your business to utilize GCP's management technology to control and monitor your GCP ecosystem. To find out, visit Google Cloud Platform (GCP) consulting expertise.
Help Desk Support for Teleworkers
A rapid, organization-wide switchover to a teleworker business model, which could be the result of an epidemic or as a component of a business continuity preparedness plan, can overwhelm even a high-performing in-house Help Desk. Progent's Call Center services make it possible for organizations of any size to outsource or expand their Call Center by using Progent's online Technical Response Center (TRC) services.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk services leverage Progent's extensive network of online technical support experts along with enterprise-class ticketing and follow-up software to provide an economical, modern Help Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide an end-to-end solution that addresses all aspects of remote Level 1 desktop support from initial help requests to trouble ticket generation, screen sharing, issue resolution, and incident reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal enables at-home employees to monitor or update the status of their active trouble tickets, enter details, and upload screenshots and attachments. Desktop support services are delivered at a significant price reduction off Progent's normal Level 1 technical service charges, and Progent offers the option of fast hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 IT experts to deal with advanced problems. For more information, go to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small and mid-size businesses.
- Progent's Call Desk Supplemental Service enables your company to expand your current Support Desk team by splitting responsibilities for Call Desk support transparently between your regular support personnel and Progent's extensive pool of desktop support engineers and subject matter experts. Progent's shared Support Desk service is based on a collaborative support model based on the number one PSA tool for managing service requests and trouble tickets, assigning responsibility, monitoring progress, and generating management reports. To learn how Progent's Call Desk Supplementation Services can help your company to deliver world-class IT support to your teleworkers, refer to Progent's Call Desk augmentation Services.
Security for At-Home Workers
Remote workers often use their personal computing devices and work in an unsecured environment. This worsens their exposure to cyber attacks and requires careful deployment of security appliances, remote security monitoring, and the creation of policies that follow best practices. Progent's seasoned roster of certified data security professionals can help you to design, deploy and administer a modern security solution that safeguards critical information in IT networks that include at-home workers.
Firewalls enable you to build a network that can be securely utilized by on-premises users as well as by an at-home workforce, mobile workers, vendors, customers, and other stakeholders. Next-generation firewall appliances permit you to configure and manage different permissions to different classes of users and to expand your IT network and adjust your cybersecurity posture as your business evolves and as cyber threats grow increasingly sophisticated. Progent works with both new and older security devices from all major manufacturers including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. For more information about Progent's firewall support expertise, refer to firewall support services.
Remote Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it possible to watch over the various devices used by at-home workers and either block or spot and respond to the latest threats such as ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a lightweight software agent is installed on each secured endpoint device, monitoring all activity and using advanced behavioral threat analysis to identify zero-day attacks before they can spread. When a cyberattack is spotted, ProSight Active Security Monitoring immediately isolates the targeted endpoint device from the network to quarantine the malware. Because the ProSight Active Security Monitoring software agent is self-contained, endpoint devices stay secure even when they are not connected to the Internet. For details about ProSight ASM, visit remote endpoint monitoring for an at-home workforce.
Security Audits can assess the exposure of your information system to all types of external and internal security threats for an environment that includes at-home workers. Progent can run remote, automated security analysis software for quickly and affordably uncovering a broad range of security holes that can be surfaced via the Internet. Progent's endpoint security audit experts, which can be provided by data security professionals with advanced credentials such as CISA, ISSAP, and GIAC, can assist you to evaluate your operations and policies and assess your WAN architecture to allow you to implement the highest level of security for your teleworkers.
Data Protection for Teleworkers
The field of Data Protection involves saving and restoring critical data in order to prevent data loss and minimize recovery time in case of storage failures resulting from equipment breakdowns, programming glitches, human error, cyber attack, or other causes. Dependable data protection strategies can be particularly challenging to architect and manage in hybrid networks that combine local data centers, cloud resources, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Restore solutions for at-home workers must address diverse kinds of user-owned endpoints. Progent can provide quick online help from consultants familiar with a broad array of products for backing up Microsoft Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX servers and desktop computers as well as notebooks, tablets and smartphones. Popular backup/recovery solutions supported by Progent's backup/recovery experts include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To protect data distributed across a wide area network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a backup/recovery subscription service that utilizes cloud storage and features granular recovery and centralized management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) plans typically anticipate circumstances that require a temporary changeover to an at-home workforce. Progent's expert disaster recovery planning consultants and business continuity specialists can assist your company to create, document and test a DR/BC plan that addresses the logistics of moving to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for Remote Workers
Microsoft has rebranded and reshuffled its endpoint management platforms under the title Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud-based management of remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing local endpoints. Endpoint Manager offers a centralized platform for safeguarding corporate information by managing local, mobile, and home-based endpoints.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also includes Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and securing remote devices and applications. Remote endpoint devices can be personally owned or company owned. IT administrators managing the endpoint computers of teleworkers can utilize Intune to deploy and authenticate applications on managed devices, push updates and certificates, configure rules for accessing data and networks, manage passwords, establish VPN tunnels, determine how telecommuters share data, set up threat defense, verify security compliance, and erase sensitive information from lost, stolen or deactivated endpoint devices. Intune can be used with iOS, Android, Windows, and macOS devices. To learn about Intune and how Progent can help your company to use this platform to administer the devices of your telecommuters, go to Intune remote device management expertise.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich unified Mobile Device Management (MDM) product that allows network managers to keep remote endpoint devices up to date and secure. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch for unified endpoint management along with VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery technology for access control, app management, and setup management of endpoints. Workspace ONE operates with endpoints powered by Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-premises deployment through a one-time purchase. Top features of VMware Workspace ONE include fast over-the-air provisioning of out-of-the-box laptops, immediate onboarding of new employees, policy setting and enforcement for all classes of endpoints, unifies reporting and performance analytics, email encryption, and tight integration with Microsoft apps and cloud-based services. For information about Progent's support for VMware Workspace ONE, visit VMware Workspace ONE remote endpoint management consultants.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Support Services
To contact Progent about building and managing an efficient work-from-home environment for your Calgary, Alberta company, phone 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.