Progent's Ransomware Forensics and Reporting Services in Cambridge
Progent's ransomware forensics experts can preserve the system state after a ransomware assault and perform a detailed forensics analysis without disrupting activity related to operational resumption and data recovery. Your Cambridge business can utilize Progent's post-attack forensics report to block future ransomware attacks, validate the restoration of encrypted data, and meet insurance carrier and governmental requirements.
Ransomware forensics is aimed at discovering and describing the ransomware attack's storyline across the network from beginning to end. This history of the way a ransomware attack progressed within the network helps you to evaluate the damage and brings to light vulnerabilities in policies or work habits that need to be rectified to avoid later breaches. Forensics is commonly given a high priority by the cyber insurance carrier and is often required by government and industry regulations. Since forensics can be time consuming, it is essential that other important recovery processes such as operational continuity are pursued in parallel. Progent maintains an extensive roster of IT and cybersecurity experts with the knowledge and experience needed to perform the work of containment, business continuity, and data restoration without interfering with forensic analysis.
Ransomware forensics investigation is arduous and requires close cooperation with the groups responsible for file restoration and, if needed, payment negotiation with the ransomware hacker. forensics can involve the review of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object, Active Directory, DNS, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and basic Windows systems to detect changes.
Services associated with forensics include:
- Detach but avoid shutting off all potentially impacted devices from the system. This may require closing all Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) ports and Internet facing NAS storage, changing admin credentials and user passwords, and configuring two-factor authentication to secure your backups.
- Create forensically valid digital images of all exposed devices so your file recovery team can get started
- Save firewall, virtual private network, and additional critical logs as soon as feasible
- Establish the type of ransomware involved in the assault
- Inspect each machine and data store on the system including cloud-hosted storage for signs of encryption
- Inventory all encrypted devices
- Determine the type of ransomware used in the attack
- Study logs and user sessions to determine the timeline of the ransomware assault and to spot any possible sideways migration from the first infected machine
- Understand the security gaps used to carry out the ransomware assault
- Search for the creation of executables associated with the original encrypted files or network breach
- Parse Outlook PST files
- Analyze attachments
- Separate URLs embedded in messages and determine if they are malicious
- Produce comprehensive incident reporting to meet your insurance carrier and compliance mandates
- List recommended improvements to close security vulnerabilities and enforce workflows that reduce the exposure to a future ransomware breach
Progent has provided online and onsite network services throughout the U.S. for over two decades and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's roster of subject matter experts (SBEs) includes professionals who have earned advanced certifications in core technologies including Cisco networking, VMware, and popular distributions of Linux. Progent's cybersecurity consultants have earned internationally recognized certifications such as CISM, CISSP, and CRISC. (Refer to certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also has top-tier support in financial and ERP software. This scope of skills allows Progent to salvage and integrate the surviving parts of your network following a ransomware assault and reconstruct them rapidly into a viable system. Progent has worked with top insurance providers like Chubb to help organizations clean up after ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Expertise in Cambridge
To learn more about how Progent can assist your Cambridge organization with ransomware forensics, call 1-800-462-8800 or see Contact Progent.