Overview of Progent's Ransomware Forensics Investigation and Reporting Services in Cambridge
Progent's ransomware forensics experts can save the evidence of a ransomware attack and perform a detailed forensics analysis without slowing down activity required for operational resumption and data restoration. Your Cambridge business can utilize Progent's forensics report to counter subsequent ransomware assaults, validate the cleanup of encrypted data, and comply with insurance carrier and governmental mandates.
Ransomware forensics is aimed at determining and documenting the ransomware assault's progress throughout the targeted network from beginning to end. This audit trail of the way a ransomware assault travelled through the network assists you to assess the damage and brings to light gaps in security policies or work habits that need to be rectified to prevent later breaches. Forensic analysis is typically assigned a top priority by the insurance provider and is often required by government and industry regulations. Because forensics can be time consuming, it is critical that other key activities like operational continuity are pursued concurrently. Progent has an extensive team of information technology and data security experts with the knowledge and experience needed to carry out the work of containment, operational resumption, and data restoration without disrupting forensic analysis.
Ransomware forensics is arduous and calls for close cooperation with the teams assigned to file recovery and, if needed, settlement talks with the ransomware Threat Actor (TA). Ransomware forensics can require the review of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object, AD, DNS, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and basic Windows systems to check for variations.
Services associated with forensics include:
- Isolate without shutting down all possibly impacted devices from the network. This may involve closing all RDP ports and Internet connected network-attached storage, changing admin credentials and user PWs, and implementing two-factor authentication to guard backups.
- Create forensically sound digital images of all exposed devices so your data restoration group can proceed
- Preserve firewall, virtual private network, and other key logs as quickly as feasible
- Identify the variety of ransomware involved in the assault
- Survey every computer and data store on the network including cloud storage for signs of compromise
- Inventory all compromised devices
- Establish the type of ransomware involved in the assault
- Review logs and sessions to establish the timeline of the ransomware attack and to spot any possible lateral movement from the originally compromised machine
- Understand the security gaps used to perpetrate the ransomware attack
- Search for the creation of executables surrounding the first encrypted files or system compromise
- Parse Outlook web archives
- Examine email attachments
- Extract any URLs from messages and determine whether they are malware
- Produce extensive incident reporting to meet your insurance and compliance regulations
- List recommendations to close cybersecurity vulnerabilities and improve workflows that lower the exposure to a future ransomware breach
Progent has delivered online and on-premises IT services across the United States for more than 20 years and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's team of SMEs includes professionals who have been awarded high-level certifications in core technologies such as Cisco infrastructure, VMware, and major Linux distros. Progent's cybersecurity experts have earned prestigious certifications including CISA, CISSP-ISSAP, and GIAC. (Refer to Progent's certifications). Progent also has guidance in financial and Enterprise Resource Planning software. This broad array of expertise gives Progent the ability to salvage and integrate the undamaged parts of your network after a ransomware assault and reconstruct them rapidly into a viable system. Progent has collaborated with top insurance providers including Chubb to assist organizations clean up after ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Services in Cambridge
To learn more information about how Progent can assist your Cambridge organization with ransomware forensics, call 1-800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.