Progent's Ransomware Settlement Negotiation Consulting in Cambridge
Progent is experienced in negotiating ransomware settlements with hackers. Reaching an acceptable settlement is a complex activity that requires a mix of real-word experience, IT skills and business savvy. It also calls for working closely with the cyber-extortion target's IT team and the insurance provider, if there is one. Since the top priority of the ransomware target is fast recovery, it is vital to establish response teams that work efficiently, concurrently, and with intimate collaboration. Progent has the scope of technical skills and the deep bench of personnel to supplement your network staff and recover your network rapidly and affordably.
Support available from Progent's ransomware settlement negotiation experts include:
Concurrent with the settlement negotiations, Progent's ransomware staff can help with:
- Establishing the type of ransomware involved in the assault
- identifying and contacting the hacker
- Assessing the recovery risk
- Testing the threat actor's decryption capabilities
- Agreeing on a settlement payment with the ransomware victim and the insurance provider
- Negotiating a settlement amount and timeline with the threat actor
- Checking accordance with anti-money laundering sanctions
- Overseeing the crypto-currency payment to the TA
- Receiving, learning, and using the hacker's decryption mechanism
- If necessary, contacting the TA for technical assistance with the decryption utility
After the decryption utility has been learned, Progent can help you to recover computers and software services to their pre-arrack condition. Progent can also assist you to conduct comprehensive forensics and create a document to share with the insurance carrier. This report helps you to understand security gaps that need to be fixed and suggests actions that can be taken to counter subsequent ransomware assaults.
- Isolating affected endpoints to prevent further progress of the assault
- Making replicas of every compromised device and data store in order to perform forensics without interfering with restoration
- Adding A/V protection to all clean endpoints
- Restoring data from offline backups or unscathed machines
- Creating a pristine environment
- Remapping and reconnecting drives to reflect exactly their pre-attack condition
Paying Exfiltration Ransoms
Beyond demanding money for a decryption tool, current variants of ransomware like Ryuk, Sodinokibi, DopplePaymer, and Egregor commonly attempt to exfiltrate information. TAs can then require an extra payment for not posting this information on the dark web. Sadly, there exists no way to prove that stolen data have been totally erased by the hacker. Actually, in numerous instances the hacker has limited say about where the information ends up. Paying an exfiltration ransom does not free you from the need for engaging the guidance of privacy lawyers, performing an audit on which data were compromised, and carrying out the required alerts to impacted entities. In general, paying an exfiltration ransom is a waste.
Progent has delivered remote and onsite network services across the United States for over 20 years and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's roster of subject matter experts (SMEs) includes professionals who have been awarded high-level certifications in core technology platforms including Cisco infrastructure, VMware virtualization, and popular distributions of Linux. Progent's cybersecurity consultants have earned internationally recognized certifications including CISM, CISSP-ISSAP, and CRISC. (Refer to Progent's certifications). Progent also offers guidance in financial and ERP applications. This scope of expertise allows Progent to identify and consolidate the undamaged parts of your network following a ransomware assault and rebuild them quickly into a viable system. Progent has worked with leading insurance carriers including Chubb to help organizations recover from ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Settlement Expertise in Cambridge
To get in touch with Progent about crypto-ransomware settlement negotiation services in Cambridge, call Progent at 800-462-8800 or go to Contact Progent.