Progent's Ransomware Settlement Negotiation Services in Campinas
Progent has experience negotiating ransomware settlements with threat actors. Reaching an optimum settlement is a complex exercise that requires a combination of real-word experience, IT skills and business acumen. It also requires working closely with the ransomware victim's IT staff and the cyber insurance carrier, if there is one. Because the top goal of the ransomware target is operational continuity, it is critical to establish response teams that operate effectively, concurrently, and with intimate collaboration. Progent offers the scope of IT skills and the deep bench of experts to supplement your IT support team and restore your network quickly and affordably.
Support provided by Progent's ransomware negotiation experts include:
In parallel with the settlement negotiations, Progent's ransomware staff can assist with:
- Establishing the type of ransomware involved in the attack
- identifying and contacting the hacker
- Evaluating the likelihood of recovery
- Validating the threat actor's decryption tool
- Budgeting a settlement with the victim and the cyber insurance provider
- Negotiating a settlement amount and timeline with the threat actor
- Checking adherence to anti-money laundering regulations
- Managing the crypto-currency transfer to the TA
- Receiving, reviewing, and operating the threat actor's decryptor utility
- If needed, contacting the hacker for technical assistance with the decryptor utility
Once the decryption utility has been learned, Progent can assist you to restore computers and software services to their pre-arrack state. Progent can also help you to conduct comprehensive forensics and create a document to deliver to the cyber insurance provider. This document helps you to understand security gaps that need to be corrected and recommends steps that should be performed to counter future ransomware attacks.
- Quarantining affected endpoints and data stores to arrest the spread of the attack
- Creating replicas of every infected device and data store to allow forensics in parallel with restoration
- Installing anti-virus agents to all clean endpoints
- Recovering data from air-gapped backups or uncompromised machines
- Building a pristine environment
- Remapping and reconnecting drives to match precisely their pre-attack state
In addition to extorting payment for a decryption tool, modern variants of ransomware like Ryuk, Maze, DopplePaymer, and Egregor often try to steal (or "exfiltrate") files. Hackers are then able to require an extra ransom in exchange for not posting this data or selling it. Unfortunately, there is no method to guarantee that stolen data have been totally erased by the threat actor. In fact, in many cases the hacker has limited control about the disposition of the data. Paying an exfiltration ransom does not free you from the need for getting the guidance of privacy attorneys, conducting an audit on which data were stolen, and carrying out the required alerts to impacted entities. In general, paying an exfiltration ransom is not recommended.
Progent has provided online and onsite IT services across the U.S. for more than 20 years and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's roster of subject matter experts (SBEs) includes consultants who have earned high-level certifications in core technology platforms including Cisco networking, VMware virtualization, and popular distributions of Linux. Progent's cybersecurity experts have earned internationally recognized certifications such as CISM, CISSP-ISSAP, and CRISC. (See Progent's certifications). Progent also has top-tier support in financial management and Enterprise Resource Planning application software. This scope of expertise gives Progent the ability to salvage and consolidate the surviving pieces of your network following a ransomware intrusion and rebuild them quickly into an operational network. Progent has collaborated with leading insurance carriers like Chubb to help businesses clean up after ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Settlement Guidance in Campinas
To get in touch with Progent about ransomware settlement services in Campinas, call Progent at 800-462-8800 or go to Contact Progent.