Progent's Ransomware Forensics Analysis and Reporting in Carlsbad
Progent's ransomware forensics experts can capture the system state after a ransomware assault and perform a detailed forensics investigation without disrupting the processes related to business resumption and data recovery. Your Carlsbad business can utilize Progent's post-attack ransomware forensics documentation to combat subsequent ransomware attacks, assist in the restoration of lost data, and comply with insurance carrier and regulatory reporting requirements.
Ransomware forensics analysis involves tracking and documenting the ransomware assault's storyline across the network from beginning to end. This history of the way a ransomware assault progressed through the network helps your IT staff to evaluate the impact and uncovers weaknesses in policies or work habits that should be rectified to prevent future breaches. Forensics is typically given a top priority by the cyber insurance provider and is often required by state and industry regulations. Because forensic analysis can take time, it is critical that other key activities like business resumption are executed in parallel. Progent has an extensive roster of information technology and data security professionals with the skills required to perform activities for containment, operational continuity, and data restoration without disrupting forensic analysis.
Ransomware forensics analysis is time consuming and calls for close interaction with the groups assigned to file restoration and, if necessary, payment talks with the ransomware Threat Actor. forensics can involve the review of logs, registry, Group Policy Object, Active Directory, DNS servers, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and core Windows systems to detect anomalies.
Services involved with forensics include:
- Disconnect without shutting off all possibly suspect devices from the network. This may involve closing all RDP ports and Internet facing network-attached storage, changing admin credentials and user passwords, and configuring 2FA to protect your backups.
- Capture forensically complete duplicates of all exposed devices so the data recovery group can get started
- Preserve firewall, VPN, and other critical logs as quickly as possible
- Identify the variety of ransomware involved in the assault
- Survey every computer and data store on the network as well as cloud-hosted storage for indications of encryption
- Inventory all encrypted devices
- Determine the type of ransomware involved in the attack
- Study logs and sessions in order to determine the time frame of the ransomware assault and to identify any potential sideways migration from the first compromised system
- Understand the security gaps used to perpetrate the ransomware assault
- Search for new executables surrounding the first encrypted files or network breach
- Parse Outlook PST files
- Examine email attachments
- Extract URLs from messages and determine if they are malicious
- Produce extensive attack reporting to satisfy your insurance carrier and compliance requirements
- Document recommended improvements to shore up cybersecurity gaps and enforce workflows that lower the risk of a future ransomware exploit
Progent has delivered online and onsite IT services throughout the United States for more than 20 years and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's team of subject matter experts includes professionals who have been awarded high-level certifications in core technology platforms including Cisco infrastructure, VMware virtualization, and popular distributions of Linux. Progent's data security consultants have earned prestigious certifications including CISM, CISSP, and CRISC. (Refer to Progent's certifications). Progent also has guidance in financial management and Enterprise Resource Planning applications. This scope of skills allows Progent to salvage and consolidate the undamaged pieces of your information system following a ransomware intrusion and reconstruct them rapidly into a viable network. Progent has collaborated with top cyber insurance carriers including Chubb to help organizations clean up after ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Investigation Services in Carlsbad
To learn more information about how Progent can assist your Carlsbad business with ransomware forensics analysis, call 1-800-462-8800 or see Contact Progent.