Overview of Progent's Ransomware Forensics Investigation and Reporting Services in Carlsbad
Progent's ransomware forensics experts can capture the system state after a ransomware assault and carry out a comprehensive forensics analysis without slowing down activity related to operational continuity and data recovery. Your Carlsbad business can use Progent's ransomware forensics documentation to counter future ransomware assaults, assist in the restoration of encrypted data, and meet insurance and regulatory reporting requirements.
Ransomware forensics involves determining and documenting the ransomware assault's progress across the targeted network from beginning to end. This history of how a ransomware assault progressed within the network assists you to assess the impact and brings to light shortcomings in rules or processes that need to be corrected to prevent future break-ins. Forensics is commonly assigned a top priority by the insurance carrier and is often mandated by state and industry regulations. Because forensics can take time, it is critical that other key activities such as operational continuity are performed concurrently. Progent maintains a large roster of IT and cybersecurity professionals with the knowledge and experience needed to perform the work of containment, operational resumption, and data recovery without disrupting forensics.
Ransomware forensics analysis is time consuming and requires close cooperation with the teams responsible for data cleanup and, if needed, payment negotiation with the ransomware hacker. forensics typically require the examination of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object, Active Directory (AD), DNS, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and core Windows systems to look for changes.
Activities involved with forensics investigation include:
- Detach but avoid shutting off all possibly impacted devices from the system. This may require closing all Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) ports and Internet connected network-attached storage, changing admin credentials and user passwords, and implementing two-factor authentication to guard your backups.
- Preserve forensically complete images of all exposed devices so the file recovery team can get started
- Preserve firewall, VPN, and other key logs as quickly as feasible
- Identify the kind of ransomware used in the assault
- Examine each machine and storage device on the system including cloud storage for indications of compromise
- Catalog all encrypted devices
- Determine the type of ransomware used in the assault
- Review log activity and user sessions in order to determine the timeline of the attack and to identify any potential sideways migration from the originally infected system
- Identify the security gaps used to perpetrate the ransomware assault
- Search for the creation of executables surrounding the original encrypted files or network breach
- Parse Outlook web archives
- Analyze email attachments
- Separate any URLs embedded in email messages and check to see whether they are malware
- Produce extensive incident reporting to satisfy your insurance carrier and compliance requirements
- Suggest recommended improvements to close cybersecurity vulnerabilities and improve workflows that lower the exposure to a future ransomware breach
Progent has delivered online and on-premises IT services throughout the United States for over 20 years and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's roster of subject matter experts includes consultants who have been awarded advanced certifications in core technology platforms including Cisco networking, VMware, and major Linux distros. Progent's data security consultants have earned industry-recognized certifications including CISM, CISSP-ISSAP, and CRISC. (Refer to certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also has guidance in financial and Enterprise Resource Planning software. This scope of skills gives Progent the ability to salvage and integrate the surviving parts of your network following a ransomware assault and reconstruct them rapidly into a viable system. Progent has collaborated with leading insurance providers including Chubb to help organizations recover from ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Investigation Services in Carlsbad
To find out more about ways Progent can help your Carlsbad organization with ransomware forensics analysis, call 1-800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.