Progent's Ransomware Negotiation Consulting in Carlsbad
Progent is experienced in negotiating ransomware settlements with threat actors. Negotiating an acceptable settlement is a complex activity that requires a combination of field experience, IT knowledge and business acumen. It also requires working closely with the cyber-extortion target's IT team and the insurance provider, if any. Because the top goal of the ransomware target is fast recovery, it is critical to deploy recovery groups that work effectively, in parallel, and in close communication. Progent offers the breadth of IT knowledge and the depth of personnel to supplement your network staff and recover your network environment rapidly and economically.
Support available from Progent's ransomware negotiation team include:
In parallel with the ransom negotiations, Progent's ransomware team can help with:
- Determining the type of ransomware involved in the assault
- identifying and contacting the hacker persona
- Evaluating the recovery risk
- Validating the threat actor's decryption capabilities
- Budgeting a settlement range with the victim and the cyber insurance provider
- Establishing a settlement amount and schedule with the hacker
- Verifying compliance with anti-money laundering (AML) sanctions
- Carrying out the crypto-currency payment to the hacker
- Acquiring, learning, and using the threat actor's decryption utility
- If needed, contacting the TA for assistance with the decryption utility
Once the decryption utility has been mastered, Progent can help you to restore physical and virtual devices and software services to their original condition. Progent can also help you to perform a forensics investigation and generate a document to deliver to the insurance carrier. This document helps you to understand security vulnerabilities that need to be eliminated and suggests steps that can be performed to combat subsequent ransomware attacks.
- Isolating affected endpoints to prevent further spread of the assault
- Creating digital copies of every compromised device and data store in order to perform forensics without interfering with recovery
- Installing anti-virus protection to all clean endpoints
- Recovering data from air-gapped backups or uncompromised endpoints
- Building a pristine recovery environment
- Mapping and connecting drives to match exactly their pre-attack state
Beyond demanding payment for a decryption tool, current strains of crypto-ransomware such as Ryuk, Maze, Netwalker, and Egregor commonly try to exfiltrate information. Hackers are then able to demand an additional ransom for not publishing this data on the dark web. Unfortunately, there exists no way to be certain that exfiltrated files have been completely erased by the hacker. In fact, in many cases the hacker has little control about who can access the stolen files. Paying an exfiltration ransom does not eliminate the need for getting the advice of legal counsel, performing an inventory of data were stolen, and carrying out the mandated notifications to impacted entities. In almost all cases, paying an exfiltration ransom is a waste.
Progent has delivered remote and on-premises network services throughout the U.S. for more than 20 years and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's team of SBEs includes consultants who have been awarded advanced certifications in core technologies such as Cisco networking, VMware, and major Linux distros. Progent's cybersecurity consultants have earned internationally recognized certifications such as CISA, CISSP, and GIAC. (See Progent's certifications). Progent also has top-tier support in financial and ERP software. This broad array of expertise allows Progent to salvage and consolidate the undamaged pieces of your information system following a ransomware intrusion and reconstruct them rapidly into a viable system. Progent has collaborated with top cyber insurance providers like Chubb to assist businesses recover from ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Crypto-Ransomware Settlement Guidance in Carlsbad
To contact with Progent about ransomware settlement guidance in Carlsbad, phone Progent at 800-462-8800 or go to Contact Progent.