Overview of Progent's Ransomware Negotiation Services in Carlsbad
Progent is experienced in negotiating ransomware settlements with threat actors. Negotiating an optimum settlement is a complex activity that requires a mix of field experience, IT skills and business acumen. It also calls for close co-operation with the cyber-extortion target's IT team and the insurance provider, if there is one. Because the number one priority of the ransomware target is fast recovery, it is critical to deploy recovery teams that work efficiently, concurrently, and in close communication. Progent offers the scope of technical skills and the depth of personnel to supplement your network staff and recover your network quickly and economically.
Services provided by Progent's ransomware negotiation experts include:
In parallel with the ransom negotiations, Progent's ransomware staff can help with:
- Establishing the kind of ransomware involved in the attack
- making contact with the hacker
- Assessing the likelihood of recovery
- Verifying the threat actor's decryption tool
- Determining a settlement with the ransomware victim and the cyber insurance carrier
- Negotiating a settlement and timeline with the TA
- Confirming compliance with anti-money laundering sanctions
- Managing the crypto-currency transfer to the TA
- Acquiring, reviewing, and operating the hacker's decryption tool
- If needed, contacting the hacker for technical assistance with the decryptor tool
Once the decryption tool has been mastered, Progent can help you to restore machines and software services to their pre-arrack condition. Progent can also assist you to conduct a complete forensics analysis and create a report to deliver to the insurance provider. This document helps you to understand cybersecurity gaps that must be corrected and recommends actions to be taken to combat subsequent ransomware attacks.
- Quarantining infected endpoints to arrest the spread of the assault
- Creating digital copies of every compromised server and endpoint and data store to allow forensics in parallel with restoration
- Adding A/V protection to all clean endpoints
- Salvaging files from air-gapped restores or uncompromised endpoints
- Building a pristine environment
- Remapping and connecting datastores to reflect precisely their pre-encryption condition
Settling Exfiltration Ransoms
In addition to demanding payment for a decryption tool, modern strains of crypto-ransomware such as Ryuk, Sodinokibi, Netwalker, and Nephilim commonly try to steal (or "exfiltrate") information. TAs are then able to demand an extra settlement in exchange for not publishing this information or selling it. Sadly, there exists no way to prove that stolen data have been completely erased by the TA. Actually, in many instances the TA has limited control over who can access the stolen files. Paying an exfiltration ransom does not eliminate the necessity of seeking the guidance of legal counsel, conducting an investigation into which data were stolen, and performing the necessary alerts to affected entities. In general, paying an exfiltration ransom is not recommended.
Progent has provided online and on-premises network services across the U.S. for over two decades and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's team of subject matter experts (SBEs) includes consultants who have earned advanced certifications in foundation technologies such as Cisco networking, VMware, and major distributions of Linux. Progent's data security consultants have earned prestigious certifications such as CISM, CISSP, and GIAC. (See Progent's certifications). Progent also offers top-tier support in financial and ERP software. This broad array of skills allows Progent to salvage and consolidate the surviving parts of your information system after a ransomware assault and rebuild them rapidly into a viable network. Progent has worked with leading cyber insurance providers like Chubb to help organizations recover from ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Settlement Expertise in Carlsbad
To contact with Progent about ransomware settlement negotiation services in Carlsbad, call Progent at 800-462-8800 or go to Contact Progent.