Enlarging your at-home workforce can have a major impact on IT architecture, security, and company culture. Progent has 20 years of background assisting small and mid-size businesses to design, configure, administer, optimize, and troubleshoot IT environments that support at-home workers. Progent can assist your Carlsbad organization to pick the appropriate tools and adhere to leading practices in building and maintaining a secure virtual office solution for telecommuters that promotes collaboration and delivers maximum business value. Progent offers support services ranging from as-needed guidance for helping you over challenging IT roadblocks to comprehensive project management to help you carry out business-critical initiatives.
Progent's consultants can assist Carlsbad, California companies to with any facet of creating a high-performing telecommuting ecosystem by delivering infrastructure configuration services, VoIP PBX expertise, video conferencing integration, collaboration platform selection and deployment, public cloud integration, Call Desk augmentation, data security, data protection solutions, and unified management.
Infrastructure for Telecommuters
Integrating the network infrastructure needed for a remote workforce can be particularly challenging if you must accommodate a mix of worker-owned equipment like desktop computers and laptops, routers, and Wi-Fi appliances from various manufacturers and with a mix of operating systems and firmware levels. Progent's background providing remote help for both legacy and modern IT products in virtual office solutions allows you to make efficient use of your existing infrastructure and provides you with fast access to expertise for making essential updates. Support services offered by Progent to help your company to implement a high-functioning telecommuting ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network technology allows you to establish a secure connection for authorized at-home workers to use IT assets situated at your corporate data center or in the cloud. Progent can help your company to deploy and maintain VPN connections between your teleworkers and your key IT resources by providing remote VPN configuration consulting. For businesses using Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA experts can assist your remote workers to set up Cisco's AnyConnect software for secure VPN tunneling for a wide selection of endpoint devices including Windows, Mac, iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure platforms allow a telecommuter to view and use a remote computer's desktop. This technology provides network managers more control over the computing environment of at-home employees and offers remote users a familiar work experience. Progent's virtual desktop consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI consulting.
- Routers attach home networks to the Internet and typically support VPN tunnels, home Wi-Fi connectivity, and firewalls. Progent offers expert online support for configuring routers from a variety of manufacturers. See router configuration support from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wireless networks, often shared by families and guests, are frequently used by at-home employees to access their Internet router for work. This can cause throughput as well as security problems. Progent can help you to mitigate these problems by delivering expertise that include Cisco Aironet integration consulting, Cisco Meraki wireless deployment expertise, and Ubiquiti Unifi WiFi access point integration assistance.
- Internet connectivity methods impact the speed and reliability of connections between at-home workers and the corporate data center. Mission-critical processes might require backup Internet connections in the event the primary connection fails. Progent offers expertise for picking ISPs, selecting sensible service offerings, and setting up fault-tolerant Internet access. Refer to Internet access integration services.
IP Voice Integration for At-Home Workers
Extending the corporate phone environment to include telecommuters is vital to maintaining an effective work-at-home solution. A broad range of cloud-based digital PBX products are popular with SMBs to server remote users. Many larger organizations rely on Cisco's current or older products for VoIP solutions. Progent can assist businesses of any size to design or maintain a remote VoIP service that delivers the versatility, convenience and protection required for remote users. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice experts can provide advanced support to help organizations optimize their current Cisco VoIP environments to handle an expanding at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM or CUCM) delivers enterprise IP telephony capabilities to devices like IP phones, media processing products, VoIP gateways, and multimedia apps used across the network. CUCM supports additional mixed media services such as unified messaging, video conferencing, and team collaboration networks. For more information about Progent's Cisco Unified CM or CUCM support, refer to Cisco Unified CM consultants.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing agent and has been replaced by Cisco Unified CM. Progent can help your company to maintain your existing CallManager environment or upgrade efficiently to Cisco's modern IP telephony products. To learn about Progent's support services for CallManager and Cisco's other legacy IP voice platforms, refer to Cisco CallManager consulting services.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide integration with public telephony networks and with users working beyond the corporate perimeter
like telecommuters. Progent can provide consulting expertise for Cisco's legacy IP gateways like the UC520, UC540 and UC560 series and for modern Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway configuration expertise.
- Additional VoIP Platforms supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can assist you to expand your wide area network architecture to support these VoIP solutions and deliver online integration and debugging services.
Video Conferencing for an At-Home Workforce
A broad selection of voice/video conferencing products from major technology companies support virtual discussions, video and voice conferencing, chat, and screen sharing for both onsite workers and at-home workers. Many organizations utilize multiple products to accommodate their various partners and clients. Progent can assist you to manage your current conferencing ecosystem and enhance the engagement of your at-home workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading communications product that enables real-time presence, instant messaging, voice and video calling and conferencing plus the seamless integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software including PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent can provide the skills of Microsoft-certified specialists who can help your company to deploy and manage Skype for Business client software to accommodate your remote employees. For details about Progent's support expertise for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business integration experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video phone platform for iOS and macOS computers and smartphones. FaceTime runs on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Later editions of FaceTime allow as many as 32 concurrent users for video calls. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for FaceTime, see Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports remote conferencing for most desktop or mobile devices. Delivered via Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex capabilities include sharing discrete content or computer screens, presentations that incorporate rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint, session recording, plus editing and playback for future reference and training. To learn more about Progent's support services for Webex as well as for other video conferencing products from Cisco, refer to Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a hub for conversations, contacts, and content with capabilities that include IP voice and video calling, threaded chat, plus file sharing. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Microsoft Teams and for additional Office 365 apps, refer to Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Voice/Video Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide configuration and debugging expertise for these products and
help you to tune your network infrastructure to host them.
Microsoft Collaboration Platforms for Remote Workers
Microsoft's collaboration products are tightly integrated with Microsoft's popular Office and Microsoft 365 families, offering a powerful ecosystem of productivity apps that create a cohesive user experience for sharing information throughout multiple sites and on a broad selection of endpoint devices. Progent has provided online consulting services for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange Server since their original releases and can help your company to deploy these flagship collaboration products to maximize the effectiveness of your remote workers.
SharePoint utilizes web sites to enable collaboration and knowledge sharing by offering policy-based delivery of content, workflow, and tools for looking through enterprise-wide information silos. SharePoint permits you to create protected web portals that permits at-home workforce to see and update consolidated corporate intelligence by means of Wikis, Blogs, social web sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). For details about Progent's SharePoint consulting expertise, refer to SharePoint integration and application development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For information about Progent's Exchange support services, go to deployment consulting services for Microsoft Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoftís collaborative cloud file hosting and synchronization service, comparable to GoogleDrive. Remote users can save files to OneDrive, and colleagues anywhere can access them safely via a web browser. Included with Office 365, OneDrive allows at-home workers to co-edit documents. Edits created offline are automatically uploaded when you go back online. To find out about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft OneDrive, go to Microsoft Onedrive integration consulting.
Cloud Integration Services for At-Home Workers
Progent offers fast and affordable remote assistance for enabling organizations to create, manage and repair integrated hybrid network models that combine physical data centers, remote workers, branches, plus cloud services. Progent can provide expertise for all modes of cloud service such as Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help remote workers fix issues with cloud access, authentication, and cybersecurity.
Microsoft Azure is a leading family of cloud services that allows you to use infrastructure, servers, and key apps running on Microsoft's massive cloud. Azure features over one hundred services services including hosting for Windows and Linux-based virtual machines, on-demand cloud storage, messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and data backup. Progent can assist your organization to deploy virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity management with Azure Active Directory, and plan backup and restore systems with Azure Backup. Progent can also help you establish secure connections to Azure for telecommuters by setting up and debugging firewall appliances and VPN IPsec tunnels. For details about Progent's expertise for Microsoft Azure, go to Microsoft Azure expertise.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's popular family of client productivity applications and cloud-based services available on a subscription basis. Office applications and services are marketed in a variety of plans designed for users ranging from individuals and households to large enterprises. Progent can provide fast and easy online access to experts knowledgeable about Office 365-compatible devices running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent can help your business to assess the numerous subscription bundles available for Office 365 and deploy 365 applications for your teleworkers to achieve top business value. For information about Progent's support services for Microsoft Office 365, see Microsoft Office 365 integration support.
Exchange Online is among the most widely used cloud-based applications in the Microsoft 365 product product suite. Exchange Online offers the benefits of reduced costs for data center infrastructure, simplified management, on-demand scaling, high reliability, and additional advantages inherent with cloud computing. Microsoft has engineered Office 365 Exchange Online to run seamlessly with on-premises Exchange environments, enabling customers to create hybrid cloud/onsite information systems. Progent's Exchange consultants are available for as-needed assistance to get you past tough technical bottlenecks and can also provide end-to-end project management services to make sure your telecommuters have easy and secure access to your Microsoft 365 Exchange Online environment. For details Progent's support services for Exchange Online, see Exchange Online configuration and support consulting.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a trailblazer in the public cloud computing market and is the world's leading provider of cloud-based services. Progent offers quick and economical online contact with cloud connectivity consultants who can assist your business to design, implement, manage, and debug hybrid information networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud services with local resources and with other public clouds like Azure. Progent also can provide access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to assist your company to build a high-availability network architecture to make sure your employees have a productive computing environment regardless of whether they are working from your main office, a branch office, at home, or on the move. To learn about Progent's consulting expertise for Amazon AWS, go to Amazon AWS consulting expertise.
Google Cloud Platform is a popular set of cloud computing services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can help you to extend your current IT resources with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's database consultants can help you make your critical apps cloud friendly so your telecommuters can benefit fully from Google Cloud Platform services. Progent's consultants can assist you to set up virtual machines on GCP Compute Engine, plan an efficient storage solution with Google Cloud Storage, and simplify identity control for teleworkers with GCP Cloud Identity. Progent's consultants can also assist you to use GCP's management tools to control and track your Google Cloud ecosystem. For details, see Google Cloud Platform (GCP) consulting services.
Help Desk Call Center Services for Teleworkers
A sudden, company-wide transition to a from-home business model, which might be motivated by an epidemic or as an element of a disaster recovery process, can overwhelm even a well-staffed internal Call Center. Progent's Help Desk services make it possible for businesses of any size to outsource or augment their Support Desk with Progent's remote Technical Response Center team.
- Progent's Standard Support Desk services utilize Progent's extensive team of online IT support experts along with enterprise-class trouble ticketing and tracking software to offer an economical, state-of-the-art Call Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer an end-to-end solution that handles all aspects of online Level 1 PC technical support from initial service requests through ticket generation, desktop sharing, issue resolution, and incident reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal allows from-home workers to check or revise the status of their current tickets, enter information, and append screenshots or relevant files. Technical support services are delivered at a significant discount off Progent's ordinary Level 1 desktop support charges, and Progent makes available optional fast escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 IT experts to resolve complex problems. For more information, go to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small and mid-size businesses.
- Progent's Help Desk Call Center Augmentation Service enables you to supplement your current Call Center organization by splitting delivery of Help Desk Call Center support services transparently between your in-house support personnel and Progent's nationwide pool of desktop support engineers and subject matter experts. Progent's co-managed Help Desk Call Center service uses a collaborative support solution based on the number one professional services automation (PSA) platform for handling service requests and ticketing, assigning ownership, monitoring progress, and producing management reports. For information about how Progent's Support Desk Supplementation Services can help your company to deliver best-in-class IT support to your at-home workforce, go to Progent's Support Desk augmentation Services.
Security and Compliance for At-Home Workers
Teleworkers commonly run their own computers and work in an unsecured area. This increases their vulnerability to cyber threats and calls for careful deployment of security appliances, remote security monitoring, and the enforcement of policies based on leading practices. Progent's veteran roster of certified cybersecurity professionals can assist you to design, deploy and manage a modern security environment that protects sensitive information in networks that incorporate at-home workers.
- Firewalls enable companies to build a network environment that can be securely accessed by local users and by telecommuters, mobile users, vendors, customers, and other stakeholders. Modern firewall devices allow you to configure and control appropriate access rights to various groups of users and to expand your network and modify your security profile as your company evolves and as cyber threats grow increasingly complex. Progent works with both new and legacy firewall devices from all leading manufacturers including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, and Fortinet. To learn more about Progent's firewall integration services, visit firewall integration and support services.
- Remote Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it possible to track the various computers used by telecommuters and either reject or spot and mitigate modern threats like ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a small-footprint agent is put on every secured endpoint device, watching all activity and utilizing advanced behavioral threat analysis to detect new threats on arrival. When a cyberattack is discovered, ProSight ASM immediately disconnects the targeted device from the corporate network to contain the threat. Since the ProSight Active Security Monitoring software agent is self-contained, endpoints stay protected even when they are offline. To find out more about ProSight ASM, visit remote endpoint monitoring for remote workers.
- Security Audits can assess the exposure of your information system to all types of outside and internal security attacks for an environment that includes at-home workers. Progent can run remote, automated security analysis software for quickly and economically uncovering a wide variety of security gaps that can be surfaced over the Internet. Progent's endpoint security assessment consulting services, which can be provided by network security professionals with advanced credentials including CISM, CISSP, and GIAC, can assist your business to audit your workflows and governance policies and assess your IT architecture to enable you to design the highest level of security for your an at-home workforce.
Data Protection for Remote Workers
The field of Data Protection involves backing up and recovering vital information so as to prevent data loss and reduce recovery time and effort in the event of storage problems due to hardware breakdowns, software glitches, operator mistakes, cyber attack, or other causes. Reliable data protection strategies can be especially challenging to design and maintain in hybrid networks that incorporate private data centers, cloud resources, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Recovery solutions for at-home workers must address diverse types of user-owned endpoint devices. Progent can provide fast remote access to consultants knowledgeable about a wide range of products for backing up Microsoft Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktops as well as notebooks, tablets and smartphones. Popular backup/recovery solutions supported by Progent's data protection consultants include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Mozy, and Time Machine. To back up data distributed across a wide area network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a managed backup/recovery subscription service that utilizes cloud storage and includes granular restore and unified management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity plans commonly envision circumstances that require a rapid switch to a work-at-home environment. Progent's senior disaster recovery planning experts and business continuity planning specialists can assist your company to develop, document and test a DR/BC strategy that addresses the logistics of switching to telecommuting.
Unified Management for an At-Home Workforce
Microsoft has rebranded and rebundled its endpoint management products under the name Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud-based management of remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing local endpoints. Microsoft Endpoint Manager offers a unified solution for safeguarding critical information by managing local, mobile, and home-based endpoints.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also includes Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and securing mobile computers and software. Remote endpoint computers can be personally owned or company owned. Network administrators managing the enrolled endpoint computers of at-home workers can utilize Intune to provision and authenticate apps on managed devices, push updates and certificates, configure rules for permission to access data and resources, set passwords, create VPN connections, determine how telecommuters share information, establish threat defense, verify compliance, and erase corporate information from missing, stolen or deactivated devices. Intune runs with iOS, Android, Windows, and macOS endpoints. To learn about Intune and to find out how Progent can assist your company to use this platform to administer the endpoint devices of your at-home workers, go to Intune teleworker device management experts.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced unified Mobile Device Management platform that allows network managers to keep offsite endpoints current and protected. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch for centralized endpoint management plus VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery technology for authorization control, app management, and configuration management of endpoint devices. Workspace ONE operates with devices powered by Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-site product via a one-time purchase. Top capabilities of VMware Workspace ONE include rapid remote provisioning of new notebooks, quick onboarding of new users, policy set up and enforcement for all classes of endpoints, aggregated reporting and analytics, email encryption, and tight integration with Microsoft apps and cloud-based services. For information about Progent's support services for VMware Workspace ONE, refer to VMware Workspace ONE remote endpoint management consultants.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Expertise
To get in touch with Progent about building and maintaining an efficient telecommuter solution for your Carlsbad, California business, phone 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.