Expanding your at-home workforce can have a significant impact on network infrastructure, security/compliance, and company processes. Progent has 20 years of experience assisting businesses of all sizes to design, deploy, administer, tune, and debug IT networks that incorporate at-home workers. Progent can help your Carlsbad company to pick the appropriate tools and follow best practices in creating and operating a safe virtual ecosystem for teleworkers that facilitates teamwork and returns top business value. Progent can provide support services ranging from as-needed expertise for getting you over challenging technical roadblocks to full project management to help you carry out mission-critical initiatives.
Progent can assist Carlsbad, California organizations to with any facet of building a high-functioning telecommuting environment by delivering network infrastructure design and configuration services, VoIP PBX troubleshooting, video conferencing integration, collaboration platform selection and deployment, public cloud connectivity, Call Desk outsourcing, security monitoring, backup/restore solutions, and centralized management.
Infrastructure for an At-Home Workforce
Integrating the network infrastructure required to support a remote workforce can be especially complicated if you must manage a mix of worker-owned hardware such as PCs and notebooks, Internet routers, and wireless appliances from various manufacturers and with a mix of operating systems and firmware levels. Progent's background delivering online support for both outdated and modern IT products in remote office solutions enables you to make cost-effective use of your available infrastructure and offers ready access to top-tire consultants for implement essential upgrades. Support services available from Progent to help you to implement a high-functioning work-at-home infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network connectivity makes it possible to establish a safe connection for authorized remote employees to access IT resources located at your company data center or in the cloud. Progent can help you to deploy and manage VPN connections between your at-home workforce and your key IT resources by providing online VPN integration consulting. For organizations with Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco ASA consultants can help your remote workers to set up Cisco's popular AnyConnect software to provide secure VPN tunneling for a wide range of endpoint devices including Windows, macOS, iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure products allow an at-home worker to view and interact with a data center PC's desktop. This technology gives IT managers substantial control over the computing environment of telecommuters and ensures them a familiar work experience. Progent's virtual desktop services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI solutions.
- Routers attach home networks to the Internet and support VPN tunnels, local Wi-Fi networks, and firewalls. Progent can provide expert online support for deploying home routers from all major vendors. See router configuration support from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, typically shared by the whole family and guests, are frequently used by at-home employees to connect to their router for work. This can create throughput as well as security problems. Progent can help you to resolve these problems by providing services like Aironet integration consulting, Cisco-certified Meraki wireless installation consulting, and Ubiquiti Unifi WiFi access point integration help.
- Internet connectivity solutions affect the speed and availability of connections between telecommuters and the corporate data center. Line-of-business processes might require redundant Internet access in the event the normal connection breaks. Progent offers expertise for identifying Internet service providers, choosing appropriate service packages, and setting up high-availability Internet connections. Refer to Internet access integration services.
IP Voice Integration for Telecommuters
Extending the company phone system to include teleworkers is critical to maintaining an effective at-home workforce. A variety of cloud-based VoIP products are used by SMBs to support teleworkers. Many larger organizations depend on Cisco's modern or older platforms for IP voice solutions. Progent can assist organizations of all sizes to design or tune a remote IP voice service that delivers the versatility, convenience and protection needed for teleworkers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice consultants offer advanced support to help businesses tune their existing Cisco IP voice systems to handle an expanding remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) delivers high-end telephony features to devices such as IP phones, media processing platforms, Voice over IP gateways, and multimedia applications used throughout the network. Unified Communications Manager supports other combined media services like unified messaging, voice/video conferencing, and team collaboration networks. For more information about Progent's Cisco Unified CM or CUCM support, refer to Cisco Unified Communications Manager consultants.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing agent and has been superseded by CUCM. Progent can assist your company to maintain your existing CallManager environment or migrate efficiently to Cisco's current IP telephony solutions. For details about Progent's expertise for CallManager and Cisco's other older VoIP platforms, refer to CallManager expertise.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable integration with PSTN networks and with users operating outside the corporate perimeter
such as at-home workers. Progent offers expert support for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways like the UC520, UC540 and UC560 products as well as for current Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway configuration consulting.
- Other VoIP Platforms supported by Progent include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can assist you to enhance your WAN infrastructure to work with these solutions and provide online configuration and troubleshooting expertise.
Video Conferencing for Teleworkers
A broad range of video conferencing products from major technology companies enable virtual discussions, video conferencing, chat sessions, and content sharing for both onsite workers and telecommuters. Many companies use a mix of conferencing products to accommodate their different partners and customers. Progent's communications experts can help your organization to manage your current voice/video conferencing ecosystem and enhance the engagement of your at-home employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular unified communications platform that enables presence, instant messaging, voice and video conferencing as well as the transparent integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent offers the skills of Microsoft-certified specialists who can help your company to configure and manage Skype for Business client software to support your at-home workforce. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business integration experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video calling app for iOS, iPadOS, iPod and macOS computers and smartphones. FaceTime works over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Current editions of FaceTime allow up to 32 simultaneous users for voice/video calls. For details about Progent's support expertise for FaceTime, refer to Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports remote conferencing for virtually all desktop or mobile devices. Delivered through Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex services include sharing granular content or computer screens, presentations that incorporate rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, session capture, plus editing and playback for training. For details about Progent's support expertise for Webex and for additional IP video products from Cisco, refer to Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a portal for conversations, contacts, and information with features that include video calling, persistent chat, plus data sharing. To learn more about Progent's support services for Teams and for other Microsoft 365 apps, see Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Conferencing Apps supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide configuration and troubleshooting services for these conferencing platforms and
assist your business to optimize your WAN architecture to run them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Software for At-Home Workers
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are closely integrated with Microsoft's popular Office and Microsoft 365 suites, providing a rich ecosystem of applications that deliver a consistent user interface for sharing data and ideas across multiple sites and on a broad range of endpoint computers. Progent has delivered online consulting services for SharePoint and Exchange since their first releases and can help your company to tune these flagship collaboration products to optimize the effectiveness of your at-home workers.
SharePoint utilizes web sites to allow collaboration and knowledge sharing by offering policy-based access to data, workflow, and utilities for searching through enterprise-wide business data. SharePoint allows you to build protected portals that permits remote workers to see and update consolidated business intelligence by means of Wikis, Blogs, social sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). For information about Progent's SharePoint expertise, see SharePoint integration and application development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To learn about Progent's Exchange expertise, visit integration consulting for Microsoft Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoftís shared cloud-based storage service, comparable to GoogleDrive. Remote workers can save files to OneDrive, and co-workers can share them safely via a web browser. Included with Microsoft 365, OneDrive allows remote workers to co-author files. Revisions made offline are automatically synced when you reconnect to the Internet. For information about Progent's expertise for Microsoft OneDrive, see Microsoft Onedrive integration consulting.
Cloud Integration for Remote Workers
Progent can provide advanced remote assistance for enabling organizations to create, manage and optimize integrated network models that include internal data centers, telecommuters, branch offices, and cloud services. Progent can provide top-tier consultant for all types of cloud service delivery such as Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help telecommuters resolve problems with cloud access, authentication, and security.
Microsoft Azure is a popular family of public cloud services that allows you to utilize infrastructure, virtual servers, and critical applications running on Microsoft's massive cloud. Microsoft Azure offers more than one hundred cloud-based services including the ability to host Windows and Linux-based virtual machines, scalable cloud storage, email and messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and data protection. Progent can assist you to deploy VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, configure cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity control with Azure AD, and plan data backup and recovery solutions with Azure Backup. Progent can also help you establish secure connections to Azure services for teleworkers by setting up and troubleshooting firewall appliances and VPN tunnels. For information about Progent's consulting services for Azure, visit Azure consulting services.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing suite of business productivity applications and cloud-based services available on a subscription basis. Microsoft apps and services are marketed in a selection of bundles designed for customers ranging from students and small offices to large enterprises. Progent can provide fast and affordable online contact with consultants familiar with Office 365-compatible endpoint devices based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent's experts can help your business to assess the numerous subscription bundles available for Office 365 and configure 365 apps for your at-home workers to achieve maximum business value. For details about Progent's expertise for Microsoft Office 365, visit Microsoft Office 365 consulting support.
Office 365 Exchange Online is among the most popular cloud-based applications in the Office 365 product product suite. Office 365 Exchange Online offers the benefits of reduced costs for data center infrastructure, simplified management, on-demand scaling, high availability, and other benefits inherent with cloud computing. Microsoft has engineered Office 365 Exchange Online to operate seamlessly with on-premises deployments of Exchange, allowing customers to build hybrid cloud/onsite networks. Progent's certified Exchange experts are available for as-needed help to guide you through tough IT roadblocks and also offer end-to-end project management outsourcing to ensure your telecommuters have easy and safe access to your Office 365 Exchange Online environment. For information Progent's expertise for Office 365 Exchange Online, refer to Microsoft 365 Exchange Online integration and support consulting.
Amazon AWS is a trailblazer in the public cloud arena and is the world's top source of cloud-based services. Progent can provide quick and economical online contact with cloud connectivity consultants who can assist your organization to plan, deploy, manage, and troubleshoot hybrid information networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with local data centers and with other public clouds like Microsoft Azure. Progent also offers the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to help you to build a high-uptime network model so your employees have a consistent computing environment regardless of whether they are working from your headquarters, a branch office, at home, or on the road. For information about Progent's consulting services for Amazon AWS, refer to Amazon AWS consulting support.
Google Cloud Platform is a popular set of cloud services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can help your organization to extend your current IT resources with the Google Cloud, and Progent's database experts can help you make your mission-critical apps cloud ready so your remote workers can take full advantage of Google Cloud services. Progent can assist your business to deploy virtual machines on Google Cloud Compute Engine, design an efficient storage system with Google Cloud Storage services, and streamline identity management for teleworkers with GCP Cloud Identity services. Progent's experts can also help your business to use GCP's management tools to control and monitor your GCP environment. To learn, go to Google Cloud Platform (GCP) consulting services.
Help Desk Call Center Support for Telecommuters
A fast, company-wide changeover to a from-home workforce, which could be driven by a pandemic or as an element of a disaster recovery/business continuity process, can overwhelm even a well-staffed in-house Help Desk. Progent's Help Desk services make it possible for businesses to outsource or expand their Call Desk with Progent's remote Technical Response Center services.
- Progent's Standard Call Center services utilize Progent's nationwide team of online technical support experts along with enterprise-class ticketing and tracking technology to offer an economical, modern Help Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide an end-to-end solution that addresses all aspects of online Level 1 desktop support from initial service requests through trouble ticket creation, screen sharing, problem resolution, and incident reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal allows telecommuters to track or update the status of their current trouble tickets, enter information, and upload screen captures and attachments. Support services are provided at a significant price reduction off Progent's normal Level 1 desktop support rates, and Progent offers the option of rapid hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 IT specialists to resolve advanced issues. For more information, go to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small and mid-size companies.
- Progent's Support Desk Supplemental Service allows your business to augment your existing Call Desk staff by sharing responsibilities for Call Center support seamlessly between your in-house IT support staff and Progent's nationwide team of desktop support technicians and subject matter specialists. Progent's co-managed Call Desk service uses a collective support solution utilizing the number one professional services automation platform for managing help requests and trouble tickets, establishing responsibility, monitoring progress, and producing management reports. For details about how Progent's Support Desk Augmentation Services can help your company to deliver world-class IT support to your teleworkers, visit Progent's Call Center augmentation Services.
Cybersecurity for Remote Workers
Telecommuters commonly use their own equipment and work in an unsecured area. This increases their exposure to cyber threats and calls for judicious use of firewalls, remote monitoring, and the enforcement of security policies in compliance with best practices. Progent's seasoned team of certified data security experts can help you to plan, deploy and manage a compliant security solution that guards critical data in IT networks that include at-home workers.
- Firewalls allow you to create a network environment that can be securely utilized by on-premises users as well as by at-home workers, mobile employees, suppliers, customers, and the public. Next-generation firewall devices allow you to configure and manage different access rights to various classes of users and to expand your IT network and adjust your security as your company evolves and as network attacks become more sophisticated. Progent supports both current and older security devices from all leading vendors like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. To find out more about Progent's firewall configuration expertise, go to firewall configuration and support services.
- Remote Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it possible to watch over the disparate computers utilized by at-home workers and either block or spot and respond to modern cyber attacks such as ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a lightweight software agent is put on every secured endpoint device, monitoring all activity and utilizing advanced machine learning and full execution context to identify new threats at inception. When a cyberattack is spotted, ProSight Active Security Monitoring immediately isolates the targeted device from the network to contain the threat. Since the ProSight Active Security Monitoring agent is self-contained, endpoints remain secure even if they are offline. To find out more about ProSight ASM, go to remote endpoint monitoring for remote workers.
- Security Audits can evaluate the exposure of your network to all types of outside and internal security threats for a network that incorporates telecommuters. Progent can deploy online, automated security analysis software for rapidly and economically detecting a wide variety of security holes that can be found over the Internet. Progent's security audit consulting services, which can be managed by security professionals with advanced certifications such as CISM, ISSAP, and GIAC, can assist your business to audit your processes and policies and assess your IT architecture to allow you to implement top-level protection for your an at-home workforce.
Data Protection Solutions for Remote Workers
Data Protection involves backing up and restoring vital information in order to prevent data loss and minimize recovery time and effort in the event of storage problems due to hardware breakdowns, software hiccups, operator mistakes, malware, or any other reason. Dependable data protection strategies can be particularly challenging to design and manage in hybrid networks that combine local data centers, cloud resources, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Restore strategies for an at-home workforce must cover multiple kinds of personally owned endpoints. Progent can provide quick online help from experts knowledgeable about a wide range of platforms for backing up Microsoft Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktops as well as laptops, iPads and handhelds. Leading backup/recovery solutions supported by Progent's backup/recovery experts include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Mozy, and Time Machine. To protect data distributed throughout a hybrid network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services, a managed backup/recovery service that uses cloud-based storage and includes fine-grained restore and centralized management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) plans typically anticipate circumstances that require a quick changeover to telecommuting. Progent's expert disaster recovery planning experts and business continuity planning specialists can assist your company to produce, document and test a DR/BC strategy that addresses the process of moving to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for Telecommuters
Microsoft has rebranded and rebundled its endpoint management platforms under the name Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud management of mobile and remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing local endpoints. Microsoft Endpoint Manager features a unified environment for protecting corporate data by managing onsite, mobile, and at-home endpoint devices.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also includes Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and securing remote computers and software. Managed endpoint computers can be user owned or company owned. IT admins managing the enrolled endpoint computers of at-home workers can utilize Intune to deploy and authenticate apps on managed devices, push patches and certificates, configure policies for permission to access information and networks, set passwords, establish VPN connections, determine how teleworkers share data, set up threat protection, ensure security compliance, and erase corporate data from missing, stolen or decommissioned devices. Intune works with iOS/iPadOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X devices. To learn about Intune and to find out how Progent can assist you to use this platform to administer the devices of your at-home workers, visit Intune remote device management consultants.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich unified MDM platform that helps network managers to keep off-premises endpoints up to date and protected. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch technology for unified endpoint management plus VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery platform for identity control, application management, and setup management of endpoint computers. Workspace ONE operates with endpoints powered by Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-site product through a one-time purchase. Top features of VMware Workspace ONE include fast remote provisioning of out-of-the-box laptops, quick onboarding of new employees, policy setting and enforcement for all categories of devices, aggregated reporting and performance analytics, an email encryption gateway, and integration with Microsoft apps and cloud products. For details about Progent's expertise for VMware Workspace ONE, refer to VMware Workspace ONE remote device management expertise.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Expertise
To contact Progent about creating and managing a productive telecommuter solution for your Carlsbad, California business, call 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.