Enlarging your telecommuter workforce may have a major impact on IT infrastructure, cybersecurity, and company culture. Progent has two decades of experience helping small and mid-size businesses to plan, deploy, administer, optimize, and debug IT environments that incorporate a remote workforce. Progent can help your Carlsbad company to pick the appropriate technologies and adhere to best practices in building and operating a secure virtual office ecosystem for telecommuters that facilitates collaboration and returns maximum business value. Progent offers support services that go from as-needed guidance for getting you past challenging technical roadblocks to comprehensive project management or co-management to help you carry out mission-critical tasks.
Progent's consultants can help Carlsbad, California businesses to succeed with any aspect of building a high-performing telecommuting environment by delivering infrastructure design and configuration services, VoIP PBX troubleshooting, voice/video conferencing integration, collaboration platform selection and deployment, cloud integration, Call Desk outsourcing, cybersecurity, backup/restore solutions, and streamlined management.
Infrastructure for a Remote Workforce
Integrating the physical and software infrastructure needed for a remote workforce can be especially complex if you have to accommodate a mix of personal hardware such as PCs and laptops, routers, and wireless APs from different manufacturers and with a variety of OS software and firmware releases. Progent's experience providing remote help for both outdated and current technologies in virtual office solutions allows you to make cost-effective use of your existing infrastructure and provides you with fast access to top-tire consultants for implement necessary updates. Support services offered by Progent to help you to implement a high-functioning telecommuting infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network connectivity makes it possible to create a secure connection for authenticated remote workers to access IT resources situated at your corporate data center or in a public cloud. Progent can assist your company to deploy and maintain VPN access between your at-home workforce and your key network resources by providing online VPN configuration support. For organizations with Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco ASA Firewall consultants can assist your at-home workers to set up Cisco's AnyConnect client software for secure VPN tunneling for a wide selection of endpoint devices including Windows, macOS, iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) products enable a telecommuter to view and interact with a data center computer's desktop. This technology gives IT managers more control over the digital environment of at-home employees and ensures remote users a familiar experience. Progent's virtual desktop consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI solutions.
- Routers attach home computer networks to the Internet and support VPN tunnels, local wireless connectivity, and firewall services. Progent can provide top-tier online consulting for integrating home routers from a variety of manufacturers. See router integration services from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wireless networks, typically supporting an entire household and guests, are frequently utilized by at-home employees to access their Internet router for work. This can cause throughput as well as cybersecurity problems. Progent can help businesses to resolve these issues by delivering expertise like Aironet integration expertise, Cisco Meraki WiFi deployment expertise, and Ubiquiti wireless access point setup help.
- Internet connectivity methods impact the speed and reliability of connections between at-home workers and the company data center. Vital applications may require redundant Internet connections in the event the normal connection fails. Progent can provide expertise for picking Internet service providers, choosing appropriate bandwidth and data volume bundles, and configuring fault-tolerant Internet connections. Refer to Internet access solutions.
VoIP Solutions for Remote Workers
Extending the corporate phone system to accommodate remote users is vital to supporting an effective work-at-home solution. A variety of cloud-based VoIP platforms are used by SMBs to support teleworkers. Many larger organizations rely on Cisco's current or older platforms for IP voice solutions. Progent can help organizations of all sizes to design or maintain a telecommuter IP voice service that provides the flexibility, transparency and security needed for at-home workers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice experts can provide high-level support to help businesses tune their existing Cisco IP voice systems to support an expanding remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM or CUCM) extends enterprise telephony capabilities to devices like VoIP phones, media processing platforms, Voice over IP gateways, and mixed media applications used throughout the network. CUCM supports additional combined media services such as messaging, video conferencing, and team interaction networks. For more information about Progent's CUCM expertise, refer to CUCM consultants.
- CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing software and has been replaced by Cisco Unified CM. Progent can assist your company to support your current CallManager deployment or upgrade smoothly to Cisco's modern IP telephony solutions. For details about Progent's expertise for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other older IP voice products, visit CallManager expertise.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide connectivity with public telephony networks and with users operating outside the corporate firewall
like telecommuters. Progent can provide consulting expertise for Cisco's legacy IP gateways including the UC520, UC540 and UC560 series and for current Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway integration expertise.
- Additional VoIP Platforms supported by Progent include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can help you to expand your wide area network architecture to support these solutions and deliver on-demand configuration and debugging services.
Video Conferencing for At-Home Workers
A broad range of video conferencing products from major technology companies enable online discussions, video and voice conferencing, chat, and screen sharing for both onsite users and at-home workers. Many organizations use multiple products to accommodate their various partners and clients. Progent's communications experts can help your organization to maintain your current voice/video conferencing environment and optimize the engagement of your remote workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular communications product that supports real-time presence, instant messaging, voice and video calling and conferencing as well as the seamless integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software such as PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent offers the skills of Microsoft-certified consultants who can assist you to deploy and manage Skype for Business client software to accommodate your remote workforce. For details about Progent's support expertise for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business integration experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video calling app for iOS, iPadOS, iPod and Mac devices. FaceTime runs over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Newer versions of FaceTime support as many as 32 concurrent users for voice/video sessions. For details about Progent's support expertise for FaceTime, see Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports online conferencing for most desktop or mobile devices. Offered through Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex services include sharing specific content or computer screens, presentations that embed rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint, session capture, plus editing and playback for training. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Webex and for other video conferencing solutions from Cisco, visit Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a portal for conferencing, contacts, and content with capabilities such as video conferencing, persistent threaded chat, plus data sharing. To learn more about Progent's support services for Teams as well as for additional Microsoft 365 products, see Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver configuration and troubleshooting services for these conferencing platforms and
assist you to optimize your WAN infrastructure to host them.
Microsoft Collaboration Platforms for Telecommuters
Microsoft's collaboration products are tightly integrated with Microsoft's popular Office suites, offering a rich environment of productivity apps that create a consistent user experience for sharing information across multiple sites and on a broad selection of endpoint devices. Progent has delivered online consulting support for SharePoint and Exchange Server since their first releases and can help businesses to tune these flagship collaboration platforms to optimize the productivity of your at-home workers.
SharePoint uses web sites to enable collaboration and information sharing by offering policy-based delivery of content, workflow, and utilities for searching through company-wide information silos. SharePoint permits you to build protected portals that permits at-home workforce to see and update consolidated business intelligence by means of Wikis, Blogs, social networking sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). To learn about Progent's SharePoint consulting services, refer to SharePoint integration and application development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For information about Progent's Exchange expertise, go to planning and configuration consulting services for Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoftís collaborative cloud-based storage service, similar to GoogleDrive. At-home workers can store files to OneDrive, and co-workers can retrieve them safely via a web browser. Provided with Office 365, OneDrive enables remote workers to jointly author files. Revisions made offline are automatically synced when you reconnect to the Internet. For details about Progent's support services for OneDrive, see Microsoft Onedrive configuration consulting.
Cloud Integration Services for Remote Workers
Progent can provide advanced online support for enabling organizations to create, manage and troubleshoot cohesive hybrid network models that combine internal data centers, teleworkers, branches, and cloud resources. Progent offers expertise for all types of public cloud service including Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help remote workers resolve issues with cloud access, authentication, and cybersecurity.
Microsoft Azure is a leading family of public cloud services that allows you to utilize infrastructure, virtual servers, and critical apps running on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Azure offers over one hundred cloud-based services such as hosting for Windows and Linux-based VMs, on-demand cloud storage, email and messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and backup/restore. Progent can assist you to set up VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, configure storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity management with Azure Active Directory, and design data backup and restore solutions with Azure Backup. Progent can also help you establish protected access to Azure services for at-home workers by setting up and troubleshooting firewall appliances and VPN tunnels. For information about Progent's consulting expertise for Azure, see Azure expertise.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's popular suite of client productivity applications and cloud services available by subscription. Office applications and services are provided in a selection of bundles designed for customers ranging from individuals and small offices to large enterprises. Progent offers quick and affordable remote contact with consultants familiar with Microsoft 365-compatible devices based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent's experts can assist your business to assess the various subscription bundles offered with Microsoft 365 and configure 365 apps for your telecommuters to achieve top business value. For information about Progent's support services for Microsoft Office 365, refer to Microsoft 365 integration expertise.
Exchange Online is among the most popular cloud-based applications in the Microsoft 365 product product suite. Microsoft 365 Exchange Online provides the advantages of lower spending for physical infrastructure, simplified management, on-demand scaling, high reliability, and other advantages associated with cloud computing. Microsoft has designed Office 365 Exchange Online to operate smoothly with on-premises Exchange environments, enabling customers to build hybrid cloud/onsite information systems. Progent's certified Exchange consultants can provide occasional assistance to get you past challenging IT bottlenecks and can also provide comprehensive project management outsourcing to make sure your telecommuters have convenient and safe access to your Office 365 Exchange Online deployment. For details Progent's consulting expertise for Office 365 Exchange Online, go to Exchange Online integration and troubleshooting expertise.
Amazon AWS is a trailblazer in the public cloud computing arena and is the world's leading provider of cloud-based services. Progent can provide rapid and economical online access to cloud connectivity consultants who can assist your business to design, implement, manage, and troubleshoot hybrid information networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud services with on-premises data centers and with other popular cloud platforms like Microsoft Azure. Progent also can provide the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to assist your company to create a high-uptime network architecture so your employees have a productive computing experience regardless of whether they are working from your headquarters, a branch office, from home, or on the move. For details about Progent's expertise for Amazon AWS, go to Amazon AWS consulting services.
Google Cloud is a popular suite of cloud computing services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can assist your organization to extend your existing IT assets with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's DBA consultants can help you make your mission-critical apps cloud friendly so your telecommuters can benefit fully from Google Cloud Platform services. Progent's consultants can assist your business to set up virtual machines on GCP Compute Engine, design an efficient storage system with GCP Storage, and streamline identity control for teleworkers with GCP Cloud Identity services. Progent's experts can also help your organization to use GCP's unified management technology to administer and track your Google Cloud ecosystem. To learn, go to Google Cloud Platform (GCP) integration services.
Help Desk Call Center Services for Teleworkers
An emergency, organization-wide changeover to a teleworker business model, which might be activated by an epidemic or as a component of a disaster recovery plan, can overstretch even a high-performing in-house Call Desk. Progent's Help Desk services allow businesses to outsource or augment their Help Desk Call Center by using Progent's online Technical Response Center team.
- Progent's Standard Call Desk services leverage Progent's nationwide team of online IT support specialists along with enterprise-class trouble ticketing and tracking technology to provide an affordable, state-of-the-art Call Center. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer a comprehensive solution that handles all aspects of online Level 1 PC support from initial service requests to trouble ticket creation, desktop sharing, problem resolution, and reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal allows at-home employees to monitor or update their active tickets, add information, and append screenshots or attachments. Technical support services are delivered at a significant price reduction off Progent's ordinary Level 1 technical support charges, and Progent makes available optional fast hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 support specialists to deal with complex problems. To find out more, refer to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small and mid-size companies.
- Progent's Support Desk Supplemental Service allows you to augment your existing Support Desk team by sharing delivery of Call Center support transparently between your in-house IT support personnel and Progent's nationwide team of PC support technicians and subject matter experts. Progent's co-managed Help Desk service uses a collective support model utilizing the number one professional services automation platform for managing service requests and trouble tickets, assigning ownership, monitoring progress, and generating reports. To find out how Progent's Help Desk Augmentation Services can enable your business to deliver best-in-class technical support to your from-home workers, see Progent's Call Center supplementation Services.
Security and Compliance for Teleworkers
At-home workers commonly use their personal equipment and work in a physically unsecured area. This worsens their vulnerability to cyber attacks and demands judicious use of security appliances, remote security monitoring, and the creation of policies that adhere to leading practices. Progent's veteran roster of certified cybersecurity experts can help you to plan, implement and administer a compliant cybersecurity solution that safeguards critical data in IT networks that include teleworkers.
- Firewalls enable you to build a network environment that can be safely accessed by on-premises users and by teleworkers, mobile employees, vendors, clients, and other stakeholders. Next-generation firewall appliances allow you to configure and control different permissions to different classes of users and to expand your network and modify your security profile as your company evolves and as cyber threats grow more complex. Progent works with both new and legacy security appliances from all major vendors like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. For more information about Progent's firewall integration expertise, visit firewall support services.
- Online Endpoint Monitoring makes it possible to watch over the various devices utilized by remote workers and either block or identify and respond to the latest cyber attacks such as ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a lightweight agent is installed on every protected endpoint, monitoring all activity and using advanced AI technology to identify zero-day attacks before they can spread. When an attack is discovered, ProSight ASM instantly isolates the impacted device from the corporate network to quarantine the threat. Because the ProSight ASM software agent is autonomous, endpoints stay protected even if they are disconnected from the Internet. To find out more about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, see remote endpoint monitoring for teleworkers.
- Security Audits can evaluate the vulnerability of your information system to all types of external and local security threats for a network that incorporates telecommuters. Progent can deploy online, automated security inventory software for quickly and economically detecting a broad range of security holes that can be surfaced over the Internet. Progent's endpoint security assessment experts, which can be managed by network security professionals with top credentials such as CISM, CISSP, and GIAC, can help your company to evaluate your procedures and governance policies and review your IT infrastructure to allow you to design top-level protection for your teleworkers.
Data Protection for Teleworkers
The field of Data Protection covers saving and restoring vital data so as to prevent data loss and reduce restoration time and effort in the event of storage failures resulting from equipment issues, software hiccups, operator mistakes, cyber attack, or other causes. Reliable data protection solutions can be especially challenging to architect and manage in hybrid networks that combine in-house data centers, public clouds, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Recovery solutions for an at-home workforce must cover multiple types of user-owned endpoint devices. Progent can provide fast online access to experts familiar with a broad range of platforms for protection Microsoft Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX servers and desktops as well as laptops, tablets and smartphones. Leading backup/restore products maintained by Progent's data protection consultants include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, CrashPlan, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To protect resources distributed across a hybrid network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a backup/recovery subscription service that utilizes cloud-based storage and features fine-grained recovery and centralized management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) strategies often anticipate circumstances that require a temporary switch to telecommuting. Progent's expert disaster recovery planning consultants and business continuity consultants can help you to produce, document and test a DR/BC plan that addresses the process of switching to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for Telecommuters
Microsoft has rebranded and reshuffled its endpoint management products under the name Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud management of mobile and remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing local computers. Microsoft Endpoint Manager features a unified platform for safeguarding critical data by managing on-premises, mobile, and at-home endpoints.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also features Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and protecting remote devices and applications. Remote endpoint computers can be user owned or company owned. Network administrators managing the enrolled endpoint computers of telecommuters can use Intune to provision and authenticate apps on devices, push patches and certificates, set up rules for permission to access data and resources, set passwords, create VPN tunnels, control how teleworkers share data, establish threat protection, ensure security compliance, and erase sensitive data from missing, stolen or decommissioned endpoint devices. Microsoft Intune works with iOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS computers. For details about Intune and how Progent can help your company to use this platform to manage the endpoint devices of your at-home workers, refer to Intune teleworker device management consultants.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich unified Mobile Device Management platform that helps network managers to keep remote endpoint devices current and secure. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch for unified endpoint administration plus VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery technology for access control, application management, and setup management of endpoint computers. Workspace ONE runs with devices based on Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-site deployment via a perpetual license. Top capabilities of VMware Workspace ONE include rapid over-the-air provisioning of out-of-the-box laptops, immediate onboarding of new users, policy set up and enforcement for all categories of endpoints, aggregated management reporting and performance analytics, email encryption, and seamless integration with Microsoft applications and cloud-based products. For information about Progent's support for VMware Workspace ONE, go to VMware Workspace ONE mobile endpoint management expertise.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Support Services
To get in touch with Progent about creating and maintaining a productive work-from-home solution for your Carlsbad, California business, call 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.