Enlarging your telecommuter workforce can have a significant effect on network infrastructure, security/compliance, and corporate culture. Progent has 20 years of experience assisting SMBs to design, configure, manage, tune, and troubleshoot IT networks that support a remote workforce. Progent can assist your Carlsbad company to select the appropriate technologies and adhere to leading practices in building and operating a secure virtual solution for teleworkers that promotes collaboration and delivers maximum value. Progent can provide support services ranging from as-needed expertise for getting you past occasional technical bottlenecks to comprehensive project management or co-management to help you carry out business-critical tasks.
Progent's consultants can help Carlsbad, California companies to with any facet of building a high-performing work-from-home ecosystem by delivering infrastructure configuration services, IP voice expertise, video conferencing integration, collaboration platform selection and deployment, public cloud connectivity, Call Desk services, security monitoring, backup/restore solutions, and centralized management.
Network Infrastructure for an At-Home Workforce
Integrating the physical and software infrastructure needed to support an at-home work environment can be especially complex if you have to manage a combination of personal equipment such as PCs and notebooks, Internet routers, and wireless APs from an assortment of vendors and with a variety of OS software and firmware releases. Progent's experience delivering remote help for both legacy as well as current IT products in virtual office venues allows you to make efficient use of your existing network infrastructure and offers fast access to expertise for implement essential updates. Services offered by Progent to help your company to create a productive work-at-home ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network technology makes it possible to establish a secure connection for authenticated remote employees to use IT assets located at your corporate data center or in a public cloud. Progent's consultants can assist you to deploy and maintain VPN access between your teleworkers and your various network resources by providing remote VPN configuration support. For organizations using Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco ASA experts can help your telecommuters to set up Cisco's AnyConnect client software for safe VPN tunneling for a broad range of endpoint devices such as Microsoft Windows, macOS, Apple iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) platforms enable an at-home worker to see and interact with a remote computer's desktop. This provides network managers substantial control over the computing environment of telecommuters and ensures remote users a familiar experience. Progent's VDI services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI consulting.
- Routers attach home computer networks to the Internet and typically support VPN tunnels, local Wi-Fi networks, and firewalls. Progent can provide expert remote support for integrating home routers from a variety of vendors. See router integration services from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, typically supporting the whole family and guests, are commonly utilized by at-home employees to connect to their router for work. This can cause performance as well as security problems. Progent can assist businesses to resolve these problems by delivering services like Cisco Aironet integration consulting, Cisco Meraki wireless deployment consulting, and Ubiquiti wireless access point integration assistance.
- Internet access solutions impact the performance and availability of connections between at-home workers and the company network. Vital processes might demand backup Internet connections in case the normal connection breaks. Progent can provide expertise for picking Internet service providers, picking appropriate bandwidth and data volume offerings, and integrating fault-tolerant Internet access. See Internet access solutions.
VoIP Solutions for At-Home Workers
Extending the business PBX system to accommodate remote users is critical to maintaining an effective at-home workforce. A variety of cloud-based digital PBX products are used by small and mid-size businesses to support remote users. Many larger organizations rely on Cisco's modern or older platforms for VoIP solutions. Progent can assist organizations of all sizes to plan or maintain a telecommuter VoIP environment that provides the flexibility, convenience and security needed for remote users. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice consultants can provide advanced support to assist organizations optimize their current Cisco IP voice systems to handle a growing remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) extends enterprise telephony capabilities to devices such as IP phones, media processing products, VoIP gateways, and multimedia apps deployed across the network. Unified Communications Manager supports additional mixed media services such as unified messaging, video conferencing, and team interaction networks. For more information about Progent's CUCM expertise, refer to CUCM expertise.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing agent and has been superseded by Cisco Unified CM. Progent can assist your company to maintain your current CallManager environment or migrate efficiently to Cisco's current IP telephony products. To learn about Progent's expertise for CallManager and Cisco's other older VoIP platforms, visit CallManager consulting services.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide connectivity with PSTN networks and with users working outside the corporate firewall
like telecommuters. Progent offers expert support for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways such as the UC520, UC540 and UC560 products as well as for current Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway integration consulting.
- Additional VoIP Products supported by Progent include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can help you to enhance your WAN architecture to work with these VoIP solutions and deliver on-demand integration and troubleshooting services.
Video Conferencing for At-Home Workers
A broad selection of voice/video conferencing products from leading technology companies enable virtual discussions, video conferencing, chat, and content sharing for both local users and telecommuters. Many organizations use multiple products to meet the needs of their various partners and clients. Progent can assist your organization to manage your existing conferencing environment and enhance the productivity of your at-home employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading unified communications platform that supports real-time presence, instant messaging, audio and video calling and conferencing plus the seamless integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications such as PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent can provide the expertise of Microsoft-certified specialists who can assist your company to configure and manage Skype for Business clients to support your at-home employees. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Skype for Business, visit Skype for Business consulting services.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video calling platform for iOS and Mac computers and smartphones. FaceTime works on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Newer versions of FaceTime support as many as 32 simultaneous users for video sessions. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for FaceTime, visit Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports remote conferencing for most computing devices. Delivered via Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex capabilities include sharing granular content or screens, presentations that embed rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, session capture, plus revision and playback for future reference and training. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Cisco Webex as well as for additional IP video solutions from Cisco, see Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams provides a portal for conferencing, contacts, and content with capabilities such as video calling, threaded chat, plus file sharing. For details about Progent's consulting services for Teams as well as for other Microsoft 365 apps, visit Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Voice/Video Conferencing Apps supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide integration and troubleshooting expertise for these conferencing platforms and
help you to tune your network architecture to host them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Platforms for an At-Home Workforce
Microsoft's collaboration products are closely integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office families, providing a powerful environment of applications that create a consistent user interface for exchanging information across multiple sites and on a wide range of endpoint computers. Progent has provided remote consulting services for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange Server since their initial releases and can help businesses to configure these critical collaboration products to optimize the productivity of your at-home workers.
SharePoint uses web entities to allow collaboration and information sharing by offering policy-driven access to content, workflow, and tools for searching through enterprise-wide business data. SharePoint enables you to build protected web portals that allows at-home workforce to see and update aggregated corporate intelligence via Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social web sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). For information about Progent's SharePoint support services, see SharePoint integration and development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To find out about Progent's Exchange consulting services, go to integration consulting for Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoftís shared cloud storage service, comparable to GoogleDrive. At-home workers can save files to the OneDrive service, and colleagues anywhere can access them securely through a browser. Provided with Office 365, OneDrive allows remote employees to co-edit files. Edits created offline are synced when you reconnect to the Internet. To find out about Progent's consulting expertise for OneDrive, refer to Onedrive integration experts.
Cloud Integration Services for Remote Workers
Progent can provide fast and affordable online support for helping businesses to build, maintain and optimize integrated hybrid network architectures that combine physical data centers, telecommuters, branches, and cloud resources. Progent offers expertise for all types of cloud service delivery including Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help teleworkers resolve problems with cloud access, identity, and cybersecurity.
Microsoft Azure is a popular platform for public cloud services that enables you to use IT infrastructure, virtual servers, and key apps running on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Microsoft Azure offers over one hundred cloud-based services including hosting for Windows and Linux-based VMs, on-demand cloud storage, email and messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and data backup. Progent can assist you to set up VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, configure storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity control with Azure AD, and design backup and recovery systems with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also show you how to create protected access to Azure for remote workers by configuring and debugging firewall appliances and VPN IPsec tunnels. For details about Progent's support services for Azure, refer to Azure expertise.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's popular suite of business productivity applications and cloud-based services offered on a subscription basis. Microsoft applications and cloud services are provided in a variety of bundles intended for customers ranging from individuals and households to large enterprises. Progent can provide fast and easy online access to consultants knowledgeable about Microsoft 365-compatible client devices based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent's experts can help your business to assess the various subscription bundles available for Office 365 and deploy 365 applications for your teleworkers to achieve top business value. For information about Progent's expertise for Microsoft Office 365, go to Office 365 consulting services.
Exchange Online is one of the most widely used applications in Azure-hosted Microsoft 365 product product suite. Exchange Online provides the advantages of reduced costs for data center infrastructure, simplified management, dynamic scaling, high availability, and other advantages inherent with public clouds. Microsoft has engineered Microsoft 365 Exchange Online to run transparently with on-premises deployments of Exchange, allowing customers to build hybrid cloud/onsite information systems. Progent's certified Exchange experts are available for as-needed help to get you past tough technical roadblocks and can also provide end-to-end project management outsourcing to ensure your remote workers have convenient and safe access to your Office 365 Exchange Online deployment. To find out Progent's consulting expertise for Exchange Online, go to Microsoft 365 Exchange Online configuration and troubleshooting expertise.
Amazon AWS is a pioneer in the public cloud computing market and is the world's leading provider of cloud-based services. Progent offers quick and affordable online contact with cloud connectivity consultants who can assist your organization to plan, deploy, maintain, and debug hybrid IT networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with on-premises data centers and with other public clouds such as Microsoft Azure. Progent also can provide access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to assist your company to build a high-availability network model to make sure your employees have a productive computing environment whether they are working from your headquarters, a branch office, at home, or on the road. For information about Progent's consulting expertise for Amazon AWS, see Amazon AWS consulting services.
Google Cloud Platform is a leading set of cloud computing services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can assist your organization to scale your current IT assets with the Google Cloud, and Progent's DBA experts can help you make your key applications cloud friendly so your teleworkers can take full advantage of Google Cloud Platform services. Progent can help your business to deploy VMs on Google Cloud Compute Engine, plan an efficient storage system with Google Cloud Storage services, and streamline identity management for teleworkers with GCP Cloud Identity. Progent can also assist you to utilize GCP's management tools to control and track your GCP ecosystem. For details, visit Google Cloud Platform (GCP) integration expertise.
Help Desk Call Center Services for Teleworkers
A rapid, enterprise-wide changeover to a telecommuter business model, which could be motivated by an epidemic or as a component of a disaster recovery/business continuity plan, can overwhelm even a well-staffed in-house Call Center. Progent's Help Desk Call Center services make it possible for businesses to outsource or supplement their Help Desk Call Center with Progent's online Technical Response Center team.
- Progent's Standard Call Center support services leverage Progent's nationwide team of online technical support specialists along with world-class ticketing and tracking technology to provide an affordable, modern Call Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer an end-to-end solution that handles all aspects of remote Level 1 PC support from help requests through trouble ticket creation, desktop sharing, problem resolution, and incident reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal enables telecommuters to check or edit the status of their active trouble tickets, enter details, and upload screen captures and attachments. Technical support services are delivered at a substantial price reduction off Progent's ordinary Level 1 technical service charges, and Progent offers optional fast hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 support specialists to resolve advanced problems. For details, visit Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small companies.
- Progent's Support Desk Augmentation Service enables you to supplement your existing Help Desk organization by splitting responsibilities for Help Desk Call Center support services seamlessly between your in-house support staff and Progent's extensive roster of PC support technicians and subject matter specialists. Progent's shared Support Desk service is based on a co-sourcing support solution based on the leading professional services automation (PSA) tool for handling help requests and ticketing, assigning responsibility, tracking progress, and producing reports. To learn how Progent's Call Desk Supplementation Services can enable your company to provide world-class technical support to your telecommuters, refer to Progent's Support Desk augmentation Services.
Cybersecurity for At-Home Workers
Teleworkers often use their personal computing devices and work in an unsecured area. This worsens their vulnerability to cyber attacks and demands judicious use of security appliances, remote security monitoring, and the creation of policies in compliance with leading practices. Progent's veteran roster of certified data security experts can assist you to design, implement and manage a modern cybersecurity environment that protects vital data in networks that incorporate teleworkers.
- Firewalls enable companies to create a network environment that can be safely accessed by on-premises users as well as by an at-home workforce, mobile users, vendors, customers, and other stakeholders. Modern firewall appliances permit you to configure and control appropriate permissions to different groups of users and to expand your IT network and adjust your security profile as your company evolves and as network attacks become more sophisticated. Progent supports both new and legacy security appliances from all leading manufacturers including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, and Fortinet. To learn more about Progent's firewall integration services, see firewall support expertise.
- Remote Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it possible to track the various computers utilized by at-home workers and either reject or spot and respond to the latest threats like ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a lightweight software agent is installed on every secured endpoint, watching all activity and utilizing advanced AI technology to identify zero-day attacks at inception. When a cyberattack is spotted, ProSight Active Security Monitoring immediately disconnects the targeted endpoint device from the corporate network to contain the threat. Because the ProSight ASM software agent is self-contained, endpoint devices stay secure even if they are offline. For more information about ProSight ASM, visit remote endpoint security monitoring for telecommuters.
- Security Audits can assess the vulnerability of your information system to all classes of outside and internal security threats for a network that includes telecommuters. Progent can deploy online, automated cybersecurity analysis scanning for rapidly and affordably uncovering a broad range of security holes that can be found over the Internet. Progent's security audit consulting services, which can be provided by data security professionals with advanced certifications including CISA, ISSAP, and GIAC, can help your company to evaluate your procedures and policies and review your IT infrastructure to allow you to design top-level security for your an at-home workforce.
Data Protection Solutions for At-Home Workers
The field of Data Protection covers backing up and recovering critical information so as to avoid data loss and minimize recovery time and effort in the event of storage problems resulting from equipment issues, programming hiccups, human error, malware, or any other reason. Dependable data protection strategies can be especially challenging to architect and maintain in hybrid environments that combine private data centers, cloud resources, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Restore strategies for teleworkers must cover diverse kinds of user-owned endpoint devices. Progent offers fast online access to experts familiar with a wide range of products for protection Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX servers and desktops as well as notebooks, iPads and handhelds. Popular backup/recovery solutions maintained by Progent's data protection experts include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, CrashPlan, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To protect resources spread across a wide area network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services, a backup/recovery service that uses cloud storage and features fine-grained recovery and centralized management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) plans commonly envision circumstances that call for a temporary changeover to telecommuting. Progent's expert disaster recovery preparedness consultants and business continuity planning consultants can help your business to create, document and test a DR/BC plan that addresses the process of moving to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for Teleworkers
Microsoft has renamed and rebundled its endpoint management platforms under the title Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud management of mobile and remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing local endpoints. Microsoft Endpoint Manager provides a centralized solution for safeguarding critical data by managing local, mobile, and at-home endpoint devices.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also includes Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and securing remote computers and software. Managed endpoint devices can be user owned or business owned. IT admins managing the enrolled endpoint computers of at-home workers can use Intune to deploy and validate apps on managed devices, push patches and certificates, configure policies for permission to access data and resources, set passwords, establish VPN connections, control how teleworkers share data, set up threat defense, ensure compliance, and erase corporate data from missing, stolen or deactivated endpoint devices. Intune works with iOS/iPadOS, Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X devices. For details about Microsoft Intune and to find out how Progent can assist your company to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to administer the endpoint computers of your telecommuters, refer to Intune teleworker device management consultants.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced unified Mobile Device Management (MDM) platform that allows network administrators to keep off-premises endpoints current and protected. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch technology for unified endpoint administration along with VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery technology for access control, app management, and setup management of endpoint devices. Workspace ONE runs with endpoints powered by Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-premises product through a perpetual license. Key features of Workspace ONE include fast remote deployment of new notebooks, immediate onboarding of new employees, policy set up and enforcement for all categories of devices, unifies management reporting and performance analytics, an email encryption gateway, and seamless integration with Microsoft apps and cloud services. For details about Progent's support services for VMware Workspace ONE, visit VMware Workspace ONE remote device management consultants.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Support Services
To contact Progent about building and managing an efficient work-from-home solution for your Carlsbad, California organization, phone 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.