Expanding your remote workforce can have a significant effect on network architecture, cybersecurity, and company processes. Progent has 20 years of experience assisting businesses of all sizes to plan, configure, administer, optimize, and debug IT networks that incorporate work-from-home employees. Progent can assist your Carlsbad organization to pick the right technologies and follow leading practices in creating and operating a secure virtual ecosystem for teleworkers that facilitates teamwork and delivers top value. Progent offers support services that go from on demand guidance for helping you past challenging technical bottlenecks to comprehensive project management to help you carry out business-critical initiatives.
Progent can assist Carlsbad, California businesses to with any facet of building a high-functioning telecommuting ecosystem by providing network infrastructure design and configuration services, IP voice troubleshooting, video conferencing integration, collaboration platform selection and deployment, cloud connectivity, Call Desk services, security and compliance, data protection solutions, and centralized management.
Network Infrastructure for an At-Home Workforce
Configuring the network infrastructure required to support an at-home work environment can be especially challenging if you must accommodate a combination of personal hardware such as PCs and laptops, Internet routers, and wireless appliances from different manufacturers and with a variety of operating systems and firmware levels. Progent's experience delivering remote help for both legacy and modern technologies in virtual office venues allows you to make cost-effective use of your available network infrastructure and provides you with ready access to top-tire consultants for implement necessary updates. Support services available from Progent to help you to create a productive work-at-home ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network connectivity allows you to establish a secure tunnel for authorized remote employees to use IT assets located at your company datacenter or in the cloud. Progent can help your company to deploy and manage VPN connections between your teleworkers and your key network resources by providing remote VPN integration consulting. For organizations using Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA Firewall experts can assist your telecommuters to utilize Cisco's popular AnyConnect software for safe VPN tunneling for a wide selection of devices including Windows, macOS, Apple iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure products allow a telecommuter to see and use a data center computer's desktop. This technology gives IT managers substantial control over the digital environment of telecommuters and ensures remote users a consistent and more productive experience. Progent's virtual desktop services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI solutions.
- Routers connect home networks to the Internet and typically support VPN connections, local wireless connectivity, and firewalls. Progent can provide top-tier remote consulting for setting up home routers from a range of vendors. See router integration services from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, typically supporting families and visitors, are frequently used by at-home employees to connect to their router for work. This can create performance and security issues. Progent can help businesses to resolve these issues by providing services like Aironet configuration expertise, Cisco-certified Meraki wireless deployment consulting, and Ubiquiti Unifi WiFi access point integration assistance.
- Internet access solutions affect the speed and reliability of connections between at-home workers and the company data center. Line-of-business applications may require redundant Internet connections in the event the primary connection breaks. Progent offers expertise for selecting service providers, choosing sensible service bundles, and setting up fault-tolerant Internet access. Refer to Internet connectivity integration services.
IP Voice Solutions for At-Home Workers
Expanding the company phone environment to include telecommuters is critical to supporting an effective work-at-home solution. A variety of cloud-centric VoIP products are popular with SMBs to server telecommuters. Many enterprises rely on Cisco's current or legacy platforms for IP voice management. Progent can help organizations of any size to design or maintain a telecommuter IP voice service that provides the versatility, convenience and protection required for at-home workers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice consultants offer advanced support to help businesses optimize their existing Cisco IP voice environments to handle an expanding remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM or CUCM) delivers enterprise telephony features to devices such as IP phones, media processing platforms, Voice over IP gateways, and multimedia apps deployed throughout the network. Unified Communications Manager supports other combined media services like unified messaging, voice/video conferencing, and team collaboration networks. For details about Progent's CUCM expertise, visit Cisco Unified CM expertise.
- CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing software and has been superseded by CUCM. Progent's consultants can assist you to support your existing CallManager environment or migrate efficiently to Cisco's modern IP telephony solutions. To learn about Progent's expertise for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other early VoIP products, see CallManager consulting services.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide integration with PSTN networks and with clients operating outside the corporate firewall
such as at-home workers. Progent offers consulting expertise for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways such as the UC520, UC540 and UC560 product lines as well as for current Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway integration expertise.
- Other VoIP Platforms supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can assist you to enhance your WAN architecture to support these VoIP solutions and deliver on-demand configuration and troubleshooting expertise.
Video Conferencing for an At-Home Workforce
A broad range of voice/video conferencing products from major vendors enable online discussions, video and voice conferencing, chat, and screen sharing for both local users and telecommuters. Many companies utilize multiple products to meet the needs of their various partners and clients. Progent can assist your organization to manage your current conferencing environment and optimize the productivity of your at-home employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular communications product that supports real-time presence, instant messaging, audio and video calling and conferencing as well as the seamless integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent offers the expertise of Microsoft-certified specialists who can help your company to deploy and maintain Skype for Business clients to support your remote workforce. For details about Progent's consulting services for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business consulting experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video calling app for iOS, iPadOS, iPod and Mac computers and smartphones. FaceTime runs over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Newer editions of FaceTime support up to 32 simultaneous users for voice/video sessions. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Apple FaceTime, visit Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides online conferencing for most computing devices. Offered via Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex services include sharing discrete content or computer screens, presentations that embed rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, session capture, plus editing and playback for training. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Cisco Webex as well as for additional video conferencing products from Cisco, visit Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams provides a hub for conversations, contacts, and information with capabilities such as video calling, persistent threaded chat, plus file sharing. For details about Progent's support expertise for Microsoft Teams as well as for other Microsoft 365 apps, refer to Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Conferencing Apps supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide configuration and troubleshooting expertise for these conferencing platforms and
help your business to tune your WAN infrastructure to host them.
Microsoft Collaboration Software for At-Home Workers
Microsoft's collaboration products are tightly integrated with Microsoft's popular Microsoft Office and Microsoft 365 suites, offering a powerful ecosystem of productivity apps that create a cohesive user experience for exchanging information across a corporate network and on a broad selection of endpoint computers. Progent has delivered remote consulting support for SharePoint and Exchange Server since their first publication and can assist your company to tune these flagship collaboration products to optimize the effectiveness of your remote workforce.
SharePoint utilizes web sites to facilitate collaboration and information sharing by offering policy-based delivery of data, business processes, and utilities for searching through company-wide business data. SharePoint enables you to create protected portals that permits at-home workers to view and edit consolidated corporate intelligence via Wikis, Blogs, social web sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). For details about Progent's SharePoint consulting expertise, refer to SharePoint integration and development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For information about Progent's Exchange consulting services, refer to deployment expertise for Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoft's collaborative cloud file hosting and synchronization service, comparable to GoogleDrive. Remote users can save files to OneDrive, and co-workers anywhere can retrieve them safely through a browser. Included with Office and Microsoft 365, OneDrive allows remote workers to co-author files. Edits created offline are automatically uploaded when you go back online. To learn about Progent's consulting expertise for OneDrive, visit Microsoft Onedrive integration consulting.
Cloud Integration Services for Teleworkers
Progent can provide advanced remote assistance for helping organizations to build, manage and repair cohesive network models that include internal data centers, remote workers, branch offices, and public cloud services. Progent can provide top-tier consultant for all types of cloud service such as Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service. Progent can help at-home workers fix issues with public cloud access, authentication, and security.
Microsoft Azure is a popular platform for cloud software and services that allows you to utilize infrastructure, virtual servers, and critical applications running on Microsoft's massive cloud. Azure includes more than 100 services services such as hosting for Windows and Linux-powered VMs, on-demand cloud storage, email and messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and backup/restore. Progent can assist your organization to set up VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity management with Azure Active Directory, and plan backup and recovery systems with Azure Backup. Progent can also help you establish secure access to Azure for remote workers by setting up and debugging firewall appliances and VPN tunnels. To find out about Progent's consulting services for Azure, visit Microsoft Azure expertise.
Microsoft 365, previously branded Office 365, is Microsoft's growing family of client productivity applications and cloud services available on a subscription basis. Microsoft apps and cloud services are marketed in a selection of plans designed for users ranging from students and small offices to major corporations. Progent can provide fast and easy remote contact with consultants knowledgeable about Microsoft 365-compatible endpoint devices running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent's experts can help your business to evaluate the various subscription plans available for Microsoft 365 and configure 365 apps for your at-home workers in a way that delivers maximum business value. For information about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft 365, see Microsoft 365 integration support.
Exchange Online is one of the most widely used applications in Azure-hosted Microsoft 365 product line. Microsoft 365 Exchange Online provides the advantages of reduced costs for data center infrastructure, simplified management, dynamic scaling, high reliability, and additional advantages associated with public clouds. Microsoft has engineered Microsoft 365 Exchange Online to run smoothly with on-premises deployments of Exchange, allowing you to create hybrid cloud/onsite information systems. Progent's certified Exchange experts are available for occasional help to guide you through tough IT roadblocks and can also provide comprehensive project management outsourcing to ensure your at-home workers have easy and safe access to your Exchange Online environment. For information Progent's consulting services for Exchange Online, go to Microsoft 365 Exchange Online integration and troubleshooting consulting.
Amazon AWS is a trailblazer in the public cloud computing market and is the industry's biggest source of cloud-based services. Progent can provide quick and affordable online access to cloud connectivity consultants who can help your organization to plan, implement, manage, and debug hybrid information networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud services with local data centers and with other public clouds like Microsoft Azure. Progent also offers access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to assist you to build a high-uptime network architecture to make sure your employees have a productive computing experience regardless of whether they are working from your headquarters, a branch office, at home, or on the move. To find out about Progent's consulting expertise for Amazon AWS, refer to Amazon AWS consulting expertise.
Google Cloud is a popular suite of cloud computing services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can assist you to expand your existing IT resources with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's database experts can show you how to make your critical apps cloud friendly so your remote workers can benefit fully from Google Cloud Platform services. Progent can help your business to set up VMs on GCP Compute Engine, plan an efficient storage system with GCP Storage services, and streamline access management for remote workers with GCP Cloud Identity services. Progent's experts can also help your organization to utilize GCP's management technology to control and monitor your Google Cloud environment. For details, see Google Cloud Platform (GCP) integration expertise.
Help Desk Support for At-Home Workers
A sudden, organization-wide changeover to a teleworker business model, which could be driven by an epidemic or as a component of a disaster recovery/business continuity plan, can overwhelm even a well-staffed internal Call Center. Progent's Help Desk Call Center services make it possible for organizations of any size to outsource or expand their Support Desk with Progent's online Technical Response Center team.
- Progent's Standard Call Center services utilize Progent's extensive network of remote IT support specialists combined with world-class ticketing and tracking technology to offer an economical, advanced Help Desk Call Center. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide an end-to-end solution that handles all facets of online Level 1 PC technical support from initial service requests through ticket generation, desktop sharing, problem resolution, and incident reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal enables from-home workers to monitor or edit their current trouble tickets, enter details, and append screen captures or attachments. Desktop support services are delivered at a substantial price reduction off Progent's ordinary Level 1 desktop service rates, and Progent offers optional fast hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 IT specialists to deal with advanced issues. For details, refer to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small businesses.
- Progent's Call Desk Supplemental Service enables your business to expand your existing Help Desk Call Center organization by sharing delivery of Help Desk Call Center support services seamlessly between your in-house support organization and Progent's extensive team of desktop support technicians and subject matter experts. Progent's shared Support Desk service is based on a collective support model utilizing the leading PSA tool for handling service requests and trouble tickets, assigning ownership, monitoring progress, and producing reports. To find out how Progent's Help Desk Supplementation Services can enable your company to provide world-class IT support to your teleworkers, refer to Progent's Help Desk supplementation Services.
Cybersecurity for Remote Workers
Work-from-Home employees typically utilize their personal devices and often work in a poorly secured physical area. This multiplies their susceptibility to cyber attacks and calls for careful deployment of firewalls, AV tools, MFA-based identity verification, remote monitoring, thorough user education, and the creation of security policies based on best practices. Progent's seasoned group of data security solutions consultants can help your business to design, implement and manage an effective security solution that protects critical IT assets in environments that include at-home workers.
Firewalls enable companies to build a network that can be safely utilized by local users and by telecommuters, mobile employees, vendors, customers, and the public. Next-generation firewall devices allow you to configure and control different access rights to different groups of users and to scale your IT network and modify your security as your company evolves and as cyber threats grow more sophisticated. Progent works with both current and legacy firewall devices from all major vendors like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, and Fortinet. To find out more about Progent's firewall integration expertise, refer to firewall support services.
Online Endpoint Monitoring makes it easy to watch over the various computers used by telecommuters and either block or identify and respond to modern threats such as ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a lightweight agent is installed on each protected endpoint device, watching all activity and utilizing advanced machine learning and full execution context from SentinelOne to identify new threats on arrival. When a cyberattack is discovered, ProSight ASM immediately isolates the infected device from the corporate network to quarantine the threat. Since the ProSight Active Security Monitoring agent is self-contained, endpoint devices stay protected even if they are disconnected from the Internet. To find out more about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, visit remote endpoint security monitoring for remote workers.
Progent's Duo MFA service plans incorporate Cisco's Duo cloud technology to protect against password theft by using two-factor authentication (2FA). Duo enables one-tap identity verification on Apple iOS, Google Android, and other out-of-band devices. Using 2FA, when you log into a secured online account and give your password you are asked to verify your identity on a unit that only you possess and that uses a separate network channel. A broad selection of out-of-band devices can be used for this added form of ID validation including a smartphone or watch, a hardware token, a landline telephone, etc. You can register several verification devices. To learn more about ProSight Duo identity validation services, see Duo MFA two-factor authentication services for remote workers.
Security Audits can assess the vulnerability of your information system to all types of outside and local security attacks for an environment that includes teleworkers. Progent can deploy online, automated security inventory software for rapidly and affordably uncovering a broad range of security gaps that can be found over the Internet. Progent's endpoint security assessment consulting services, which can be managed by data security professionals with top certifications such as CISA, ISSAP, and GIAC, can assist you to evaluate your procedures and governance policies and review your IT architecture to enable you to design the highest level of protection for your teleworkers.
Download White Paper: Securing a Work-From-Home (WFH) Network
To view or download a white paper about key areas to focus on for securing an IT environment that includes telecommuters, click:
Protecting a Work-From-Home (WFH) Environment White Paper. (PDF - 2.4 MB)
Data Protection for Telecommuters
The field of Data Protection covers backing up and recovering critical data in order to prevent data loss and minimize recovery time in case of storage system problems due to equipment issues, software hiccups, operator mistakes, cyber attack, or other causes. Reliable data protection solutions can be especially difficult to design and manage in hybrid networks that combine private data centers, public clouds, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Restore solutions for teleworkers must cover diverse kinds of personally owned endpoint devices. Progent can provide fast remote access to consultants familiar with a wide range of platforms for backing up Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktop computers as well as laptops, iOS and Android tablets and handhelds. Leading backup/recovery solutions supported by Progent's backup/recovery experts include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, CrashPlan, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To back up data spread across a hybrid network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services, a managed backup/recovery subscription service that uses cloud-based storage and features fine-grained recovery and unified management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity strategies typically envision circumstances that require a temporary switch to an at-home workforce. Progent's expert disaster recovery planning experts and business continuity planning specialists can assist your company to create, document and test a DR/BC strategy that includes the logistics of moving to telecommuting.
Unified Management for Telecommuters
Microsoft has rebranded and reshuffled its endpoint management platforms under the name Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud-based management of remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing local computers. Endpoint Manager offers a centralized solution for protecting corporate data by managing onsite, mobile, and at-home endpoint devices.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also includes Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and securing off-premises computers and software. Remote endpoint devices can be personally owned or company owned. Network administrators managing the enrolled endpoint devices of at-home workers can utilize Intune to provision and authenticate applications on managed devices, push updates and certificates, set up policies for permission to access information and networks, manage passwords, establish VPN connections, control how telecommuters share data, set up threat defense, verify compliance, and wipe sensitive information from missing, stolen or decommissioned endpoint devices. Microsoft Intune can be used with iOS, Android, Windows, and macOS devices. For information about Intune and how Progent can assist your company to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to administer the endpoint computers of your telecommuters, visit Intune telecommuter endpoint management consultants.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced centralized Mobile Device Management product that allows network managers to keep off-premises endpoint devices up to date and protected. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch for unified endpoint management combined with VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery technology for access control, application management, and setup management of endpoints. Workspace ONE operates with endpoints powered by Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or leading distros of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-premises product through a perpetual license. Top capabilities of VMware Workspace ONE include rapid remote provisioning of new laptops, quick onboarding of new users, policy set up and enforcement for all classes of endpoints, unifies management reporting and analytics, an email encryption gateway, and integration with Microsoft applications and cloud products. For information about Progent's expertise for VMware Workspace ONE, see VMware Workspace ONE remote device management consultants.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Support Services
To get in touch with Progent about building and maintaining an efficient telecommuter solution for your Carlsbad, California business, phone 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.