Expanding your at-home workforce may have a significant effect on network infrastructure, security/compliance, and corporate processes. Progent has 20 years of background assisting SMBs to design, deploy, manage, optimize, and debug IT networks that incorporate a remote workforce. Progent can help your Carlsbad organization to select the right tools and follow leading practices in creating and operating a safe virtual ecosystem for telecommuters that promotes teamwork and returns maximum business value. Progent offers support services ranging from on demand expertise for helping you past challenging technical roadblocks to comprehensive project management or co-management to help you carry out mission-critical initiatives.
Progent can help Carlsbad, California organizations to with any aspect of building a high-functioning telecommuting environment by providing infrastructure configuration services, VoIP PBX expertise, video conferencing support, collaboration platform customization and training, public cloud connectivity, Help Desk services, cybersecurity, data protection solutions, and unified management.
Network Infrastructure for Teleworkers
Configuring the network infrastructure required to support a remote workforce can be particularly complicated if you must manage a combination of personal hardware such as desktop computers and laptops, Internet routers, and wireless APs from an assortment of vendors and with a variety of OS software and firmware levels. Progent's experience providing online help for both outdated as well as current technologies in remote office solutions enables you to make efficient use of your available network infrastructure and provides you with ready access to top-tire consultants for making necessary updates. Support services available from Progent to assist your company to implement a productive work-at-home ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) technology allows you to establish a safe tunnel for authorized remote employees to access IT assets situated at your corporate datacenter or in a public cloud. Progent can help your company to deploy and maintain VPN connections between your at-home workforce and your key IT resources by providing remote VPN configuration support. For organizations using Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco ASA Firewall experts can help your telecommuters to utilize Cisco's AnyConnect client software to provide secure VPN connections for a broad range of devices including Windows, Mac, Apple iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) platforms allow an at-home worker to see and use a data center PC's desktop. This provides IT managers significant control over the computing ecosystem of telecommuters and offers remote users a familiar experience. Progent's virtual desktop consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI consulting.
- Routers attach at-home computer networks to the Internet and support VPN connections, local Wi-Fi networks, and firewall services. Progent can provide top-tier online support for setting up home routers from a range of manufacturers. See router configuration services from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, typically shared by an entire household and guests, are frequently used by telecommuters to connect to their Internet router for work. This can cause performance and security problems. Progent can help businesses to resolve these issues by providing expertise that include Cisco Aironet configuration expertise, Cisco-certified Meraki wireless installation expertise, and Ubiquiti Unifi WiFi AP setup help.
- Internet access methods impact the speed and availability of connections between at-home workers and the company data center. Line-of-business applications might require backup Internet connections in case the primary connection breaks. Progent can provide guidance for picking service providers, selecting appropriate bandwidth and data volume bundles, and integrating high-availability Internet access. See Internet access integration services.
IP Voice Solutions for At-Home Workers
Extending the corporate PBX system to accommodate remote users is critical to maintaining an effective at-home workforce. A broad range of cloud-based digital PBX platforms are popular with small and mid-size businesses to server telecommuters. Many larger organizations depend on Cisco's modern or older platforms for VoIP management. Progent can help businesses of all sizes to plan or tune a telecommuter IP voice environment that delivers the flexibility, convenience and protection required for remote users. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice consultants can provide high-level support to assist businesses tune their existing Cisco IP voice systems to handle an expanding remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM) delivers advanced IP telephony features to devices such as VoIP phones, media processing products, VoIP gateways, and multimedia applications used throughout the network. CUCM supports other mixed media services like unified messaging, voice/video conferencing, and team collaboration networks. For details about Progent's CUCM support, see Cisco Unified CM consulting services.
- CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing agent and has been replaced by Cisco Unified CM or CUCM. Progent can help you to support your existing CallManager deployment or upgrade smoothly to Cisco's current IP telephony solutions. To learn about Progent's support services for CallManager and Cisco's other early IP voice platforms, refer to CallManager consulting services.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable integration with public telephony networks and with users working beyond the corporate perimeter
like telecommuters. Progent offers consulting expertise for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways including the UC520, UC540 and UC560 series as well as for current Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway configuration expertise.
- Additional VoIP Platforms supported by Progent include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can help you to expand your wide area network infrastructure to support these VoIP solutions and deliver on-demand integration and troubleshooting services.
Voice/Video Conferencing for At-Home Workers
A wide range of video conferencing products from major vendors support virtual discussions, video conferencing, chat, and content sharing for both onsite users and telecommuters. Many organizations utilize a mix of products to accommodate their different partners and customers. Progent can assist your organization to maintain your existing voice/video conferencing environment and enhance the productivity of your remote employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular communications platform that supports real-time presence, IM, audio and video conferencing as well as the seamless integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software such as PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent can provide the skills of Microsoft-certified consultants who can assist you to deploy and manage Skype for Business client software to accommodate your remote employees. For details about Progent's support expertise for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business integration experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video phone app for iOS and macOS devices. FaceTime works over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Current versions of FaceTime support up to 32 simultaneous users for video calls. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Apple FaceTime, refer to Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports online conferencing for virtually all computing devices. Offered through Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex services include sharing granular content or computer screens, presentations that incorporate rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, session recording, plus editing and playback for future reference and training. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Cisco Webex as well as for other video conferencing solutions from Cisco, see Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams provides a portal for conferencing, contacts, and information with features such as voice/video calling, persistent chat, plus data sharing. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Teams as well as for other Microsoft 365 apps, visit Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Voice/Video Conferencing Apps supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide configuration and debugging services for these products and
help your business to tune your WAN infrastructure to run them.
Microsoft Collaboration Platforms for At-Home Workers
Microsoft's collaboration products are closely integrated with Microsoft's familiar Microsoft Office and Microsoft 365 families, offering a powerful environment of applications that create a cohesive user experience for sharing data and ideas throughout multiple sites and on a wide range of endpoint devices. Progent has provided remote consulting support for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange Server since their first publication and can assist your company to configure these critical collaboration platforms to maximize the effectiveness of your at-home workforce.
SharePoint uses web sites to facilitate collaboration and information sharing by offering policy-based delivery of content, business processes, and utilities for looking through enterprise-wide information silos. SharePoint enables you to create secure portals that permits at-home workforce to view and update aggregated corporate intelligence by means of Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social networking sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). For information about Progent's SharePoint support services, see SharePoint integration and application development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To learn about Progent's Exchange consulting expertise, see planning and configuration expertise for Exchange.
OneDrive is MicrosoftÔŅĹs shared cloud file hosting and synchronization service, comparable to GoogleDrive. At-home users can store files to the OneDrive service, and colleagues anywhere can retrieve them safely through a browser. Provided with Microsoft Office and Microsoft 365, OneDrive allows remote workers to jointly author documents. Edits made offline are automatically uploaded when you go back online. For details about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft OneDrive, visit Microsoft Onedrive integration consulting.
Cloud Integration for Teleworkers
Progent can provide affordable online support for enabling organizations to create, manage and troubleshoot integrated hybrid network architectures that incorporate internal data centers, remote workers, branch offices, and cloud resources. Progent can provide expertise for all modes of public cloud service delivery such as Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help teleworkers fix issues with cloud connectivity, identity, and cybersecurity.
Azure is a popular family of public cloud software and services that allows you to utilize infrastructure, virtual servers, and key apps hosted on Microsoft's massive cloud. Azure includes more than 100 services services such as the ability to host Windows and Linux-powered VMs, on-demand cloud storage, messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and backup/restore. Progent can assist your organization to set up virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, configure storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity control with Azure AD, and plan backup and restore solutions with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also show you how to create protected access to Azure services for teleworkers by setting up and troubleshooting firewalls and VPN IPsec tunnels. To find out about Progent's consulting services for Azure, go to Microsoft Azure consulting.
Microsoft 365, previously branded Office 365, is Microsoft's popular suite of client productivity software and cloud services offered by subscription. Microsoft applications and cloud services are marketed in a selection of bundles designed for users ranging from individuals and small offices to large corporations. Progent offers fast and easy remote contact with experts knowledgeable about Microsoft 365-compatible client devices running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent's experts can assist your business to evaluate the various subscription plans offered with Microsoft 365 and configure 365 applications for your teleworkers to achieve top business value. To learn about Progent's expertise for Microsoft 365, see Microsoft 365 integration expertise.
Exchange Online is one of the most widely used applications in Azure-hosted Microsoft 365 product line. Exchange Online offers the advantages of lower spending for physical infrastructure, simplified management, on-demand scaling, high reliability, and other benefits inherent with public clouds. Microsoft has designed Exchange Online to operate transparently with on-premises Exchange environments, enabling you to create hybrid cloud/onsite networks. Progent's Exchange experts can provide as-needed assistance to get you through challenging technical roadblocks and can also provide comprehensive project management services to ensure your remote workers have easy and safe access to your Microsoft 365 Exchange Online deployment. For details Progent's expertise for Exchange Online, go to Exchange Online integration and troubleshooting expertise.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a trailblazer in the public cloud computing market and is the industry's top provider of cloud-based services. Progent offers fast and economical online access to cloud connectivity consultants who can help your business to plan, implement, maintain, and debug hybrid IT networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with local resources and with other popular cloud platforms like Microsoft Azure. Progent also can provide access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to help your company to create a high-uptime network architecture so your employees have a consistent computing environment regardless of whether they are working from your main office, a remote branch, at home, or on the move. For details about Progent's consulting services for Amazon AWS, see Amazon AWS integration support.
Google Cloud Platform (GCP) is a leading set of public cloud services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can help you to expand your current IT resources with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's DBA consultants can help you make your mission-critical apps cloud friendly so your telecommuters can benefit fully from Google Cloud Platform services. Progent can help you to set up VMs on GCP Compute Engine, plan a cost-effective storage system with GCP Storage, and simplify access control for telecommuters with GCP Cloud Identity. Progent can also assist you to use GCP's unified management technology to control and monitor your GCP ecosystem. To learn, go to Google Cloud Platform (GCP) consulting support.
Help Desk Services for Remote Workers
A fast, company-wide transition to a from-home business model, which might be activated by an epidemic or as a component of a business continuity plan, can overwhelm even a well-staffed in-house Call Desk. Progent's Call Center services allow organizations to outsource or expand their Call Center with Progent's online Technical Response Center (TRC) services.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk Call Center support services leverage Progent's extensive network of remote technical support specialists along with world-class trouble ticketing and tracking technology to provide an affordable, modern Help Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide an end-to-end solution that handles all aspects of remote Level 1 desktop technical support from service requests to ticket creation, desktop sharing, issue resolution, and reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal allows at-home employees to check or revise their current tickets, enter information, and upload screen captures and attachments. Desktop support services are provided at a significant price reduction off Progent's normal Level 1 technical service rates, and Progent makes available the option of fast hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 support experts to deal with complex issues. To find out more, refer to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small and mid-size companies.
- Progent's Support Desk Supplemental Service enables your business to supplement your current Call Center team by sharing delivery of Call Desk services transparently between your in-house IT support organization and Progent's extensive pool of PC support technicians and subject matter specialists. Progent's shared Support Desk service uses a co-sourcing support model based on the number one PSA tool for managing service requests and ticketing, assigning responsibility, monitoring progress, and producing reports. For information about how Progent's Call Desk Augmentation Services can enable your business to deliver world-class desktop support to your from-home workers, see Progent's Support Desk augmentation Services.
Security and Compliance for Teleworkers
At-home staff members commonly utilize their personal devices and usually operate in a poorly secured physical area. This multiplies their vulnerability to cyber attacks and calls for judicious deployment of firewalls, anti-malware tools, multi-factor authentication, remote monitoring, intensive user training, and the creation of security policies based on leading practices. Progent's seasoned group of data security support consultants can assist you to design, implement and maintain an effective security solution that guards critical IT assets in environments that incorporate an at-home workforce.
Firewalls allow you to build a network that can be securely utilized by local users as well as by an at-home workforce, mobile workers, vendors, customers, and the public. Next-generation firewall appliances permit you to configure and manage different permissions to different classes of users and to expand your IT network and modify your security profile as your company evolves and as cyber threats grow increasingly sophisticated. Progent supports both current and older security devices from all major manufacturers like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. To learn more about Progent's firewall configuration expertise, visit firewall integration and support services.
Online Endpoint Monitoring makes it easy to watch over the disparate computers used by telecommuters and either reject or spot and mitigate the latest cyber attacks such as ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a small-footprint agent is put on every secured endpoint device, monitoring all activity and using advanced machine learning to detect zero-day attacks before they can spread. When an attack is spotted, ProSight ASM instantly isolates the targeted device from the network to quarantine the malware. Because the ProSight Active Security Monitoring agent is autonomous, endpoints remain secure even when they are not connected to the Internet. For more information about ProSight ASM, refer to remote endpoint monitoring for remote workers.
Progent's Duo authentication services utilize Cisco's Duo cloud technology to defend against stolen passwords by using two-factor authentication (2FA). Duo enables one-tap identity confirmation on Apple iOS, Google Android, and other out-of-band devices. Using Duo 2FA, when you log into a protected online account and give your password you are asked to verify your identity on a unit that only you possess and that is accessed using a separate network channel. A broad range of devices can be used as this second means of authentication including a smartphone or wearable, a hardware token, a landline phone, etc. You may register multiple validation devices. To learn more about Duo identity authentication services, refer to Cisco Duo MFA two-factor authentication (2FA) services for telecommuters.
Security Audits can assess the vulnerability of your information system to all types of external and local security threats for a network that incorporates remote workers. Progent can deploy online, automated security analysis software for rapidly and economically detecting a wide variety of security holes that can be found over the Internet. Progent's endpoint security assessment consulting services, which can be provided by data security professionals with advanced credentials including CISM, CISSP, and GIAC, can assist your business to evaluate your workflows and policies and assess your network infrastructure to enable you to implement top-level protection for your telecommuters.
Download White Paper: Securing a Work-From-Home (WFH) Environment
To read or download a white paper describing critical things to concentrate on for securing a network that supports telecommuters, click:
Securing a Work-From-Home Network White Paper. (PDF - 2.4 MB)
Data Protection for Telecommuters
Data Protection involves saving and recovering critical data so as to prevent data loss and reduce recovery time in case of storage system problems resulting from hardware issues, programming glitches, user mistakes, malware, or any other reason. Reliable data protection solutions can be especially difficult to architect and manage in hybrid environments that incorporate in-house data centers, public clouds, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Recovery solutions for telecommuters must address multiple types of user-owned endpoints. Progent offers fast remote access to consultants knowledgeable about a broad array of products for backing up Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktops as well as laptops, tablets and smartphones. Leading backup/recovery solutions maintained by Progent's backup/recovery experts include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Mozy, and Time Machine. To back up data spread throughout a wide area network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a managed backup/recovery subscription service that utilizes cloud-based storage and features fine-grained restore and unified management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) strategies often anticipate circumstances that require a rapid changeover to telecommuting. Progent's expert disaster recovery planning consultants and business continuity specialists can help your business to develop, document and validate a DR/BC plan that addresses the process of switching to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for Teleworkers
Microsoft has renamed and reshuffled its endpoint management products under the title Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud management of mobile and remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing local endpoints. Endpoint Manager offers a centralized solution for protecting corporate data by managing local, mobile, and home-based endpoint devices.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also includes Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and protecting off-premises computers and software. Managed endpoint devices can be personally owned or company owned. IT admins managing the endpoint computers of telecommuters can use Intune to deploy and validate apps on devices, push updates and certificates, configure policies for permission to access data and networks, manage passwords, create VPN tunnels, control how home-based workers share data, establish threat protection, ensure compliance, and delete corporate information from missing, stolen or deactivated devices. Intune works with iOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS endpoints. For details about Intune and to find out how Progent can assist you to use this platform to manage the endpoint devices of your at-home workforce, see Intune remote device management expertise.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced centralized Mobile Device Management (MDM) product that helps network managers to keep offsite endpoints current and secure. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch for unified endpoint management plus VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery technology for identity control, application management, and configuration management of endpoints. Workspace ONE operates with devices powered by Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-premises product via a one-time purchase. Key capabilities of Workspace ONE include fast remote provisioning of out-of-the-box notebooks, quick onboarding of new users, policy set up and enforcement for all categories of endpoints, unifies management reporting and performance analytics, an email encryption gateway, and integration with Microsoft apps and cloud-based products. To learn about Progent's expertise for VMware Workspace ONE, refer to VMware Workspace ONE mobile device management expertise.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Support Services
To contact Progent about building and managing an efficient telecommuter solution for your Carlsbad, California business, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.