Ransomware Hot Line: 800-462-8800
24x7 Remote Help from a Top-tier Ransomware Consultant
Ransomware needs time to steal its way through a network. Because of this, ransomware assaults are typically unleashed on weekends and at night, when support staff may be slower to recognize a breach and are least able to organize a rapid and coordinated response. The more lateral progress ransomware is able to manage inside a victim's system, the more time it will require to recover core operations and scrambled files and the more data can be exfiltrated to the dark web.
Progent's Ransomware Hot Line is designed to assist organizations to carry out the time-critical first step in mitigating a ransomware attack by stopping the bleeding. Progent's remote ransomware engineers can help businesses in the Centennial metro area to locate and quarantine infected servers and endpoints and protect undamaged assets from being penetrated.
If your network has been breached by any version of ransomware, don't panic. Get help quickly by calling Progent's Ransomware Hot Line at 800-462-8800.
Progent's Ransomware Response Services Offered in Centennial
Modern strains of crypto-ransomware such as Ryuk, Sodinokibi, DopplePaymer, and Egregor encrypt online data and invade any available system restores. Data synched to the cloud can also be impacted. For a vulnerable network, this can make automated restoration nearly impossible and effectively sets the datacenter back to square one. Threat Actors (TAs), the hackers behind a ransomware attack, demand a settlement payment in exchange for the decryptors needed to unlock scrambled files. Ransomware attacks also try to exfiltrate files and TAs demand an extra ransom in exchange for not publishing this data or selling it. Even if you are able to restore your network to a tolerable date in time, exfiltration can pose a big issue depending on the nature of the downloaded data.
The restoration work after a ransomware penetration involves several distinct stages, most of which can be performed concurrently if the response workgroup has enough members with the necessary skill sets.
- Containment: This urgent initial step involves blocking the sideways spread of the attack across your IT system. The more time a ransomware assault is allowed to go unrestricted, the more complex and more expensive the recovery effort. Because of this, Progent keeps a round-the-clock Ransomware Hotline staffed by seasoned ransomware recovery experts. Quarantine processes consist of isolating affected endpoint devices from the rest of network to block the contagion, documenting the environment, and protecting entry points.
- System continuity: This involves restoring the network to a basic useful degree of functionality with the shortest possible delay. This effort is usually the highest priority for the victims of the ransomware attack, who often see it as a life-or-death issue for their company. This activity also requires the broadest array of technical abilities that span domain controllers, DHCP servers, physical and virtual servers, PCs, notebooks and smart phones, databases, productivity and line-of-business apps, network architecture, and protected endpoint access management. Progent's ransomware recovery experts use state-of-the-art workgroup tools to organize the multi-faceted recovery process. Progent understands the importance of working quickly, tirelessly, and in unison with a customer's managers and IT staff to prioritize tasks and to put vital services back online as fast as feasible.
- Data recovery: The work required to restore data impacted by a ransomware assault varies according to the condition of the network, the number of files that are encrypted, and which recovery techniques are required. Ransomware attacks can destroy key databases which, if not carefully closed, might have to be reconstructed from scratch. This can include DNS and AD databases. Microsoft Exchange and Microsoft SQL Server rely on AD, and many financial and other business-critical platforms are powered by SQL Server. Some detective work may be needed to locate clean data. For instance, non-encrypted OST files (Outlook Email Offline Folder Files) may exist on employees' PCs and notebooks that were off line during the ransomware assault. Progent's Altaro VM Backup experts can assist you to utilize immutable backup for cloud storage, enabling tamper-proof data while under the defined policy so that backup data cannot be erased or modified by anyone including administrators. Immutable storage adds another level of protection and restoration ability in case of a successful ransomware attack.
- Deploying modern AV/ransomware defense: Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring incorporates SentinelOne's behavioral analysis technology to offer small and medium-sized businesses the advantages of the identical AV tools implemented by many of the world's largest enterprises including Netflix, Citi, and NASDAQ. By providing real-time malware blocking, classification, containment, repair and forensics in a single integrated platform, Progent's Active Security Monitoring lowers total cost of ownership, simplifies administration, and promotes rapid recovery. SentinelOne's next-generation endpoint protection engine built into in ProSight ASM was ranked by Gartner Group as the industry's "most visionary Endpoint Protection Platform." Progent is a SentinelOne Partner, dealer, and integrator. Learn about Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) next-generation endpoint protection and ransomware defense with SentinelOne technology.
- Negotiating a settlement with the threat actor (TA): Progent has experience negotiating settlements with hackers. This calls for close co-operation with the victim and the insurance carrier, if there is one. Activities consist of determining the kind of ransomware used in the attack; identifying and making contact with the hacker persona; verifying decryption capabilities; budgeting a settlement with the ransomware victim and the insurance carrier; negotiating a settlement amount and timeline with the hacker; confirming adherence to anti-money laundering regulations; overseeing the crypto-currency payment to the hacker; receiving, learning, and using the decryption tool; debugging failed files; creating a clean environment; mapping and reconnecting datastores to match precisely their pre-encryption state; and restoring physical and virtual devices and services.
- Forensic analysis: This process is aimed at learning the ransomware attack's progress across the targeted network from start to finish. This history of how a ransomware assault travelled through the network helps you to assess the impact and highlights gaps in security policies or work habits that need to be rectified to prevent later breaches. Forensics involves the review of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object, Active Directory (AD), DNS, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and basic Windows systems to check for anomalies. Forensic analysis is typically assigned a top priority by the insurance provider. Because forensics can be time consuming, it is critical that other key recovery processes such as operational resumption are executed concurrently. Progent has a large team of IT and cybersecurity experts with the skills needed to perform the work of containment, operational resumption, and data recovery without interfering with forensics.
Progent has delivered remote and onsite network services throughout the United States for more than two decades and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's team of SMEs includes professionals who have earned advanced certifications in foundation technology platforms including Cisco infrastructure, VMware, and popular distributions of Linux. Progent's data security consultants have earned prestigious certifications including CISM, CISSP-ISSAP, and CRISC. (Refer to Progent's certifications). Progent also has guidance in financial and ERP application software. This breadth of expertise allows Progent to salvage and integrate the surviving pieces of your information system after a ransomware assault and rebuild them quickly into a functioning network. Progent has collaborated with top insurance carriers like Chubb to assist organizations clean up after ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent for Ransomware Recovery Consulting Services in Centennial
For ransomware system recovery consulting in the Centennial metro area, call Progent at 800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.