Expanding your at-home workforce may have a significant impact on network infrastructure, security/compliance, and company workflows. Progent has two decades of background helping businesses of all sizes to design, deploy, manage, tune, and troubleshoot IT networks that incorporate work-from-home employees. Progent can help your Centennial company to select the right technologies and adhere to leading practices in creating and maintaining a safe virtual solution for teleworkers that promotes teamwork and delivers top value. Progent can provide services that go from as-needed expertise for getting you over occasional technical roadblocks to comprehensive project management to help you successfully complete mission-critical initiatives.
Progent's consultants can help Centennial, Colorado organizations to with any aspect of building a high-functioning work-from-home environment by delivering infrastructure design and configuration services, VoIP PBX troubleshooting, voice/video conferencing integration, collaboration platform customization and training, cloud connectivity, helpdesk services, cybersecurity, data protection solutions, and unified management.
Network Infrastructure for an At-Home Workforce
Integrating the network infrastructure needed for an at-home workforce can be particularly complex if you have to manage a combination of worker-owned equipment such as PCs and laptops, Internet routers, and wireless APs from various manufacturers and with a mix of OS software and firmware levels. Progent's experience providing online support for both outdated as well as current technologies in virtual office solutions enables you to make cost-effective use of your existing network infrastructure and provides you with ready access to top-tire consultants for implement necessary upgrades. Support services offered by Progent to assist you to implement a productive work-at-home ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network technology allows you to establish a secure connection for authorized remote workers to use IT resources situated at your company datacenter or in the cloud. Progent's consultants can help your company to configure and maintain VPN access between your teleworkers and your various IT resources by providing remote VPN configuration consulting. For organizations with Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA Firewall consultants can assist your at-home workers to set up Cisco's popular AnyConnect client software to provide safe VPN tunneling for a wide selection of devices including Microsoft Windows, macOS, iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) products enable a telecommuter to see and use a data center PC's desktop. This technology provides IT managers substantial control over the digital environment of at-home employees and ensures them a consistent and more productive experience. Progent's VDI services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI expertise.
- Routers attach home computer networks to the Internet and support VPN connections, home Wi-Fi networks, and firewalls. Progent offers expert remote consulting for setting up home routers from a range of manufacturers. See router integration services from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, typically supporting the whole family and visitors, are commonly used by telecommuters to connect to their Internet router for work. This can cause throughput and cybersecurity problems. Progent can help businesses to resolve these problems by delivering expertise like Aironet configuration expertise, Cisco Meraki wireless deployment consulting, and Ubiquiti WiFi AP setup help.
- Internet connectivity methods impact the speed and availability of connections between at-home workers and the company network. Line-of-business applications might require backup Internet access in the event the normal connection breaks. Progent offers guidance for picking Internet service providers, selecting sensible bandwidth and data volume bundles, and configuring redundant Internet access. Refer to Internet connectivity solutions.
IP Voice Integration for Teleworkers
Expanding the company PBX environment to include remote users is vital to supporting an effective work-at-home solution. A broad range of cloud-centric IP voice platforms are popular with small and mid-size businesses to support teleworkers. Many enterprises depend on Cisco's modern or older platforms for VoIP solutions. Progent can assist businesses of any size to design or maintain a remote IP voice environment that provides the flexibility, transparency and protection required for telecommuters. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice consultants offer high-level support to assist businesses optimize their existing Cisco VoIP environments to support an expanding at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM or CUCM) extends enterprise IP telephony features to devices such as IP phones, media processing platforms, Voice over IP gateways, and multimedia apps deployed across the network. Unified Communications Manager manages additional combined media services such as messaging, video conferencing, and customer collaboration networks. For details about Progent's CUCM support, see CUCM consulting services.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing agent and has been superseded by Cisco Unified CM. Progent can help you to support your existing CallManager environment or migrate smoothly to Cisco's modern IP telephony solutions. To find out about Progent's support services for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other older VoIP platforms, visit Cisco CallManager expertise.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide connectivity with PSTN networks and with users working outside the corporate firewall
like at-home workers. Progent offers consulting expertise for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways including the UC520, UC540 and UC560 series and for current Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway integration expertise.
- Other VoIP Products supported by Progent include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can help you to enhance your wide area network infrastructure to support these VoIP solutions and provide online deployment and troubleshooting services.
Voice/Video Conferencing for an At-Home Workforce
A wide range of voice/video conferencing platforms from major technology companies support virtual meetings, video conferencing, chat sessions, and screen sharing for both onsite workers and at-home workers. Many companies use multiple conferencing products to meet the needs of their different partners and clients. Progent's communications experts can assist your organization to maintain your current voice/video conferencing environment and optimize the experience of your at-home workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading unified communications platform that supports presence, instant messaging, audio and video calling and conferencing plus the transparent integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software including PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent offers the skills of Microsoft-certified specialists who can assist your company to set up and manage Skype for Business client software to support your at-home workforce. To learn more about Progent's support services for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business integration services.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video calling app for iOS, iPadOS, iPod and macOS devices. FaceTime works on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Newer versions of FaceTime allow as many as 32 simultaneous users for video sessions. For details about Progent's support expertise for FaceTime, refer to Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports online conferencing for virtually all computing devices. Delivered via Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex services include sharing discrete content or computer screens, presentations that embed rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, network-based recording, plus revision and playback for future reference and training. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Cisco Webex and for other IP video products from Cisco, refer to Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams provides a hub for conferencing, contacts, and content with features that include video conferencing, persistent threaded chat, plus file sharing. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Teams and for other Office 365 products, see Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Voice/Video Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide integration and debugging services for these conferencing platforms and
help you to tune your network architecture to host them.
Microsoft Collaboration Platforms for an At-Home Workforce
Microsoft's collaboration products are tightly integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office families, providing a rich environment of productivity apps that create a cohesive user interface for exchanging information throughout multiple sites and on a broad selection of endpoint computers. Progent has provided online consulting support for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange Server since their first releases and can help your company to tune these critical collaboration platforms to optimize the effectiveness of your remote workforce.
SharePoint uses web sites to promote collaboration and knowledge sharing by providing policy-driven delivery of content, workflow, and tools for looking through company-wide information silos. SharePoint allows you to create secure web portals that enables at-home workforce to view and update consolidated corporate intelligence via Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). To find out about Progent's SharePoint support services, refer to SharePoint integration and application development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For details about Progent's Exchange expertise, go to planning and configuration consulting for Microsoft Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoftís collaborative cloud-based storage service, comparable to GoogleDrive. At-home workers can store files to OneDrive, and colleagues can retrieve them securely through a web browser. Provided with Microsoft 365, OneDrive allows remote employees to jointly author files. Revisions created offline are synced when you go back online. To find out about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft OneDrive, visit Onedrive configuration consulting.
Cloud Integration Services for At-Home Workers
Progent can provide fast and affordable remote support for helping businesses to create, manage and optimize cohesive network models that incorporate internal data centers, at-home workers, branch offices, and public cloud services. Progent offers expertise for all modes of cloud service delivery including Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help telecommuters fix issues with cloud connectivity, authentication, and cybersecurity.
Azure is a leading platform for public cloud services that enables you to utilize infrastructure, virtual servers, and critical applications hosted on Microsoft's massive cloud. Azure includes over one hundred services services including the ability to host Windows and Linux-powered virtual machines, scalable cloud storage, email and messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and backup/restore. Progent can help you to deploy virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity management with Azure AD, and plan data backup and restore solutions with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also show you how to establish secure access to Azure for telecommuters by setting up and troubleshooting firewall appliances and VPN IPsec tunnels. For information about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Azure, see Microsoft Azure expertise.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing suite of client productivity software and cloud services offered by subscription. Microsoft applications and cloud services are marketed in a selection of bundles designed for customers ranging from individuals and households to large corporations. Progent can provide fast and easy remote access to experts familiar with Office 365-compatible endpoint devices running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent can help your business to assess the numerous subscription plans offered with Office 365 and configure 365 applications for your remote workers to achieve maximum business value. For details about Progent's support services for Microsoft Office 365, refer to Office 365 integration services.
Exchange Online is among the most widely used cloud-based applications in Azure-hosted Microsoft 365 product line. Office 365 Exchange Online provides the advantages of reduced spending for data center infrastructure, simplified management, dynamic scaling, high reliability, and additional advantages associated with public clouds. Microsoft has designed Microsoft 365 Exchange Online to operate seamlessly with on-premises Exchange environments, enabling you to create hybrid cloud/onsite information systems. Progent's certified Exchange experts are available for occasional help to guide you past tough IT roadblocks and also offer end-to-end project management outsourcing to make sure your telecommuters have convenient and secure access to your Microsoft 365 Exchange Online deployment. To learn Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft 365 Exchange Online, visit Exchange Online integration and support consulting.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a pioneer in the public cloud computing market and is the industry's top provider of cloud-based services. Progent can provide fast and economical online contact with cloud integration consultants who can assist your business to plan, deploy, maintain, and debug hybrid information networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with local resources and with other popular cloud platforms such as Microsoft Azure. Progent also can provide the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to assist you to build a high-uptime network model to make sure your users have a consistent computing experience regardless of whether they are working from your main office, a remote branch, from home, or on the road. To find out about Progent's consulting expertise for Amazon AWS, see Amazon AWS consulting support.
Google Cloud Platform is a leading suite of public cloud services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can help your business to scale your current IT assets with the Google Cloud, and Progent's database experts can show you how to make your mission-critical apps cloud friendly so your telecommuters can benefit fully from Google Cloud services. Progent's consultants can help you to set up virtual machines on Google Cloud Compute Engine, plan a cost-effective storage solution with Google Cloud Storage, and streamline access control for teleworkers with Google Cloud Identity services. Progent's experts can also assist your business to utilize GCP's unified management tools to administer and monitor your Google Cloud ecosystem. For details, see Google Cloud Platform consulting support.
Help Desk Call Center Support for Remote Workers
A rapid, company-wide transition to a from-home workforce, which could be activated by an epidemic or as an element of a disaster recovery/business continuity plan, can overwhelm even the most efficient in-house Support Desk. Progent's Help Desk services allow businesses to outsource or augment their Help Desk by using Progent's remote Technical Response Center (TRC) team.
- Progent's Standard Call Desk services utilize Progent's nationwide network of online technical support experts along with world-class ticketing and tracking technology to offer an economical, state-of-the-art Support Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide a comprehensive solution that addresses all aspects of remote Level 1 desktop technical support from initial help requests through trouble ticket generation, desktop sharing, issue resolution, and reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal enables from-home workers to check or revise their current tickets, enter details, and upload screenshots or attachments. Technical support services are delivered at a significant price reduction off Progent's normal Level 1 desktop service rates, and Progent offers optional fast escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 support specialists to deal with advanced problems. For details, see Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small businesses.
- Progent's Support Desk Augmentation Service allows your business to augment your current Support Desk staff by sharing responsibilities for Support Desk services transparently between your regular IT support organization and Progent's extensive roster of desktop support engineers and subject matter experts. Progent's shared Call Center service uses a collective support solution utilizing the number one professional services automation (PSA) tool for managing help requests and trouble tickets, establishing responsibility, monitoring progress, and generating reports. For details about how Progent's Support Desk Supplementation Services can help your company to provide best-in-class technical support to your at-home workforce, go to Progent's Call Center augmentation Services.
Cybersecurity for Remote Workers
Teleworkers often run their personal equipment and work in an unsecured space. This worsens their vulnerability to cyber attacks and requires careful use of security appliances, remote security monitoring, and the creation of security policies that follow leading practices. Progent's veteran roster of certified cybersecurity experts can assist you to design, deploy and manage a compliant cybersecurity environment that guards critical information in IT networks that include an at-home workforce.
- Firewalls allow companies to build a network environment that can be safely accessed by on-premises users and by an at-home workforce, mobile workers, vendors, customers, and the public. Next-generation firewall devices permit you to assign and control different access rights to various groups of users and to scale your IT network and adjust your security profile as your company evolves and as network attacks become increasingly complex. Progent supports both current and older security appliances from all leading vendors including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. For more information about Progent's firewall integration services, see firewall support expertise.
- Remote Endpoint Monitoring makes it possible to watch over the various devices utilized by an at-home workforce and either block or spot and mitigate modern threats such as ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a lightweight software agent is put on every protected endpoint, monitoring all activity and using state-of-the-art AI technology to identify zero-day attacks before they can spread. When a cyberattack is spotted, ProSight Active Security Monitoring instantly isolates the impacted device from the network to contain the malware. Because the ProSight ASM software agent is self-contained, endpoints stay protected even if they are not connected to the Internet. For details about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, see remote endpoint security monitoring for an at-home workforce.
- Security Audits can evaluate the vulnerability of your network to all classes of outside and local security threats for a network that incorporates teleworkers. Progent can deploy online, automated cybersecurity inventory software for quickly and affordably uncovering a wide variety of security holes that can be surfaced over the Internet. Progent's endpoint security assessment experts, which can be provided by security experts with top credentials including CISM, ISSAP, and GIAC, can help your business to audit your procedures and governance policies and review your WAN infrastructure to enable you to implement the highest level of security for your telecommuters.
Data Protection for Teleworkers
The field of Data Protection involves saving and recovering critical data so as to prevent data loss and reduce recovery time and effort in case of storage system failures due to equipment breakdowns, programming glitches, operator mistakes, malware, or other causes. Reliable data protection strategies can be particularly difficult to architect and manage in hybrid networks that incorporate in-house data centers, cloud resources, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Restore solutions for telecommuters must cover multiple kinds of user-owned endpoints. Progent offers quick online access to consultants knowledgeable about a wide range of platforms for backing up Microsoft Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX servers and desktops as well as laptops, iPads and handhelds. Popular backup/recovery solutions maintained by Progent's data protection consultants include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Mozy, and Time Machine. To protect resources spread throughout a wide area network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services, a managed backup/recovery service that uses cloud-based storage and includes granular restore and centralized management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) plans commonly anticipate scenarios that call for a quick switch to a work-at-home environment. Progent's senior disaster recovery planning consultants and business continuity specialists can assist you to create, document and test a DR/BC strategy that addresses the logistics of switching to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for Remote Workers
Microsoft has renamed and reshuffled its endpoint management platforms under the title Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud-based management of mobile and remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing local computers. Endpoint Manager features a unified platform for safeguarding critical data by controlling local, mobile, and at-home endpoints.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also features Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and securing remote devices and applications. Remote endpoint devices can be user owned or business owned. IT administrators managing the endpoint computers of telecommuters can use Intune to provision and authenticate apps on devices, push patches and certificates, configure policies for permission to access information and resources, set passwords, establish VPN connections, determine how teleworkers share data, set up threat protection, verify security compliance, and erase sensitive information from missing, stolen or deactivated devices. Microsoft Intune can be used with iOS/iPadOS, Android, Windows, and macOS devices. To learn about Microsoft Intune and to find out how Progent can help your company to use this platform to administer the endpoint computers of your telecommuters, go to Intune remote device management expertise.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced unified Mobile Device Management (MDM) platform that allows network administrators to keep remote endpoint devices current and secure. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch technology for unified endpoint administration combined with VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery technology for access control, application management, and setup management of endpoint devices. Workspace ONE runs with devices based on Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-premises product via a perpetual license. Top features of VMware Workspace ONE include fast remote provisioning of new laptops, quick onboarding of new users, policy set up and enforcement for all categories of devices, unifies management reporting and performance analytics, an email encryption gateway, and integration with Microsoft applications and cloud-based services. To learn about Progent's support for VMware Workspace ONE, visit VMware Workspace ONE remote endpoint management expertise.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Expertise
To get in touch with Progent about creating and managing a productive work-from-home environment for your Centennial, Colorado company, phone 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.