Expanding your remote workforce may have a significant impact on network infrastructure, security/compliance, and corporate workflows. Progent has two decades of experience helping SMBs to design, deploy, manage, optimize, and troubleshoot IT environments that support at-home workers. Progent can assist your Centennial organization to select the appropriate tools and follow best practices in building and operating a safe virtual solution for telecommuters that facilitates collaboration and returns top business value. Progent offers services ranging from on demand expertise for getting you past challenging technical roadblocks to comprehensive project management or co-management to help you carry out mission-critical initiatives.
Progent can assist Centennial, Colorado companies to succeed with any facet of creating a high-performing work-from-home environment by providing network infrastructure design and configuration services, IP voice expertise, voice/video conferencing integration, collaboration platform selection and deployment, cloud integration, Help Desk services, cybersecurity, data protection solutions, and unified management.
Infrastructure for an At-Home Workforce
Integrating the physical and software infrastructure required to support an at-home work environment can be particularly complicated if you have to accommodate a combination of worker-owned hardware like desktop computers and laptops, routers, and Wi-Fi APs from an assortment of vendors and with a mix of OS software and firmware levels. Progent's experience providing online help for both legacy as well as modern technologies in remote office venues enables you to make efficient use of your available network infrastructure and offers fast access to top-tire consultants for implement essential updates. Services offered by Progent to assist you to create a productive work-at-home infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) connectivity makes it possible to create a safe tunnel for authenticated remote workers to access IT resources situated at your corporate datacenter or in a public cloud. Progent's consultants can help your company to deploy and maintain VPN access between your teleworkers and your various IT resources by providing online VPN integration consulting. For organizations with Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco ASA consultants can assist your remote workers to utilize Cisco's popular AnyConnect client software for secure VPN tunneling for a broad selection of endpoint devices including Microsoft Windows, Mac, Apple iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure products enable a teleworker to view and use a data center PC's desktop. This gives network managers more control over the digital environment of telecommuters and offers them a familiar experience. Progent's VDI services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI consulting.
- Routers connect home computer networks to the Internet and typically support VPN connections, local wireless networks, and firewall services. Progent can provide expert remote support for integrating routers from all major vendors. See router integration services from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wireless networks, typically shared by the whole family and visitors, are commonly utilized by at-home employees to access their Internet router for work. This can cause performance and security problems. Progent can assist businesses to mitigate these issues by providing expertise that include Aironet integration consulting, Cisco Meraki WiFi deployment expertise, and Ubiquiti WiFi access point integration help.
- Internet access methods impact the speed and reliability of connections between at-home workers and the corporate data center. Business-critical applications might require backup Internet connections in case the normal connection fails. Progent can provide expertise for selecting service providers, choosing appropriate bandwidth and data volume offerings, and integrating high-availability Internet access. See Internet connectivity integration services.
IP Voice Integration for At-Home Workers
Expanding the corporate PBX environment to include teleworkers is critical to maintaining a productive work-at-home solution. A variety of cloud-centric IP voice platforms are popular with SMBs to server remote users. Many larger organizations rely on Cisco's modern or legacy platforms for VoIP management. Progent can help businesses of all sizes to plan or maintain a remote IP voice service that delivers the flexibility, convenience and security needed for at-home workers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice experts can provide advanced support to help businesses optimize their existing Cisco VoIP systems to handle a growing at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) delivers advanced IP telephony features to devices such as IP phones, media processing platforms, VoIP gateways, and mixed media applications used throughout the network. CUCM manages additional mixed media services like unified messaging, video conferencing, and customer interaction networks. For more information about Progent's CUCM expertise, refer to CUCM consulting services.
- CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing agent and has been superseded by Cisco Unified CM. Progent can assist your company to maintain your current CallManager environment or migrate efficiently to Cisco's modern IP telephony solutions. To find out about Progent's expertise for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other early IP voice products, refer to Cisco CallManager consulting.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide integration with public telephony networks and with clients operating beyond the corporate firewall
such as at-home workers. Progent offers consulting expertise for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways such as the UC520, UC540 and UC560 products and for current Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway integration expertise.
- Additional VoIP Platforms supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can help you to update your wide area network infrastructure to work with these VoIP solutions and provide online configuration and debugging services.
Voice/Video Conferencing for an At-Home Workforce
A broad selection of voice/video conferencing products from major technology companies enable virtual meetings, video conferencing, chat, and content sharing for both local users and at-home workers. Many companies utilize a mix of products to meet the needs of their different partners and clients. Progent can help you to manage your current voice/video conferencing environment and enhance the experience of your at-home employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular unified communications product that enables real-time presence, instant messaging, voice and video calling and conferencing plus the seamless integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications including PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent can provide the skills of Microsoft-certified consultants who can help your company to set up and maintain Skype for Business clients to support your remote workforce. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Skype for Business, visit Skype for Business integration services.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video calling app for compatible iOS, iPadOS, iPod and macOS computers and smartphones. FaceTime runs over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Later versions of FaceTime allow as many as 32 simultaneous users for voice/video sessions. For details about Progent's consulting services for FaceTime, see Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides online conferencing for most computing devices. Delivered via Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex services include sharing specific content or screens, presentations that incorporate rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint, network-based recording, plus revision and playback for future reference and training. For details about Progent's support expertise for Cisco Webex and for other IP video products from Cisco, refer to Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams provides a portal for conversations, contacts, and information with features that include video conferencing, persistent chat, plus file sharing. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Teams and for additional Office 365 apps, visit Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Voice/Video Conferencing Apps supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver integration and debugging services for these products and
assist you to tune your network architecture to run them.
Microsoft Collaboration Platforms for an At-Home Workforce
Microsoft's collaboration products are tightly integrated with Microsoft's popular Office and Microsoft 365 suites, providing a powerful ecosystem of productivity apps that create a cohesive user experience for sharing data and ideas across multiple sites and on a wide range of endpoints. Progent has provided online consulting services for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange Server since their initial publication and can help businesses to tune these flagship collaboration platforms to optimize the productivity of your remote workforce.
SharePoint utilizes web entities to facilitate collaboration and knowledge delivery by providing policy-based delivery of data, workflow, and tools for searching through enterprise-wide business data. SharePoint permits you to build protected portals that allows remote workforce to view and edit consolidated corporate intelligence by means of Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). To learn about Progent's SharePoint consulting services, go to SharePoint configuration and development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To learn about Progent's Exchange expertise, refer to planning and configuration consulting for Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoftís collaborative cloud file hosting and synchronization service, comparable to GoogleDrive. At-home workers can save files to the OneDrive service, and co-workers anywhere can access them securely through a web browser. Included with Microsoft 365, OneDrive allows remote workers to jointly author files. Revisions made offline are automatically synced when you reconnect to the Internet. For information about Progent's expertise for OneDrive, go to Microsoft Onedrive integration consulting.
Public Cloud Integration for At-Home Workers
Progent offers fast and affordable online support for enabling businesses to create, maintain and troubleshoot integrated network architectures that include physical data centers, at-home workers, branches, plus public cloud resources. Progent offers top-tier consultant for all modes of public cloud service delivery such as Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help remote workers fix issues with public cloud connectivity, identity, and security.
Microsoft Azure is a popular family of cloud services that allows you to use IT infrastructure, servers, and key applications running on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Microsoft Azure includes over 100 services services such as the ability to host Windows and Linux-based virtual machines, on-demand cloud storage, email and messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and backup/restore. Progent can help your organization to set up virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity control with Azure Active Directory, and design data backup and recovery solutions with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also help you create protected connections to Azure services for remote workers by configuring and debugging firewalls and VPN IPsec tunnels. For information about Progent's support services for Azure, visit Azure expertise.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing suite of business productivity software and cloud-based services offered on a subscription basis. Office applications and services are marketed in a variety of bundles intended for users ranging from students and small offices to major enterprises. Progent can provide quick and affordable remote access to experts familiar with Office 365-compatible devices based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent can help your business to evaluate the various subscription plans offered with Office 365 and configure 365 applications for your telecommuters to achieve top business value. To find out about Progent's support services for Microsoft Office 365, see Office 365 integration support.
Microsoft 365 Exchange Online is one of the most widely used applications in the Microsoft 365 product line. Exchange Online provides the advantages of lower costs for physical infrastructure, simplified management, dynamic scaling, high reliability, and other benefits inherent with cloud computing. Microsoft has designed Exchange Online to operate transparently with on-premises Exchange environments, enabling you to build hybrid cloud/onsite networks. Progent's certified Exchange experts can provide occasional assistance to guide you through challenging IT roadblocks and also offer end-to-end project management services to ensure your at-home workers have convenient and secure access to your Exchange Online deployment. To learn Progent's expertise for Office 365 Exchange Online, visit Office 365 Exchange Online configuration and troubleshooting expertise.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a trailblazer in the public cloud arena and is the industry's top provider of cloud-based services. Progent can provide quick and economical online access to cloud integration experts who can assist your organization to plan, implement, manage, and debug hybrid information networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud services with on-premises resources and with other popular cloud platforms like Azure. Progent also can provide access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to help you to create a high-availability network model to make sure your users have a consistent computing environment whether they are working from your main office, a branch office, at home, or on the move. For information about Progent's expertise for Amazon AWS, see Amazon AWS integration expertise.
Google Cloud Platform is a leading collection of cloud services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can help you to extend your existing IT resources with the Google Cloud, and Progent's DBA experts can show you how to make your critical applications cloud friendly so your teleworkers can take full advantage of Google Cloud Platform services. Progent's consultants can assist your organization to set up VMs on GCP Compute Engine, design a cost-effective storage system with GCP Storage services, and streamline access management for teleworkers with GCP Cloud Identity services. Progent can also assist your business to use GCP's unified management tools to control and monitor your GCP environment. To find out, visit Google Cloud Platform (GCP) integration services.
Help Desk Support for Teleworkers
A fast, company-wide changeover to a from-home business model, which could be activated by an epidemic or as a component of a disaster recovery plan, can overwhelm even the most efficient in-house Call Center. Progent's Call Center services make it possible for organizations of any size to outsource or augment their Call Desk by using Progent's online Technical Response Center team.
- Progent's Standard Support Desk support services leverage Progent's nationwide team of online technical support specialists combined with world-class ticketing and follow-up technology to offer an economical, modern Help Desk Call Center. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer a comprehensive solution that handles all aspects of remote Level 1 PC technical support from service requests through trouble ticket creation, desktop sharing, problem resolution, and incident reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal allows telecommuters to monitor or revise their active tickets, add information, and append screen captures or attachments. Support services are provided at a substantial discount off Progent's ordinary Level 1 technical service rates, and Progent makes available optional rapid escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 IT experts to deal with complex issues. To learn more, visit Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small and mid-size businesses.
- Progent's Help Desk Call Center Augmentation Service allows you to augment your existing Help Desk Call Center organization by sharing responsibilities for Help Desk Call Center support transparently between your regular IT support organization and Progent's extensive roster of desktop support engineers and subject matter specialists. Progent's co-managed Call Desk service is based on a co-sourcing support model utilizing the leading professional services automation (PSA) tool for managing help requests and trouble tickets, assigning ownership, tracking progress, and generating reports. For information about how Progent's Help Desk Call Center Supplementation Services can enable your company to deliver best-in-class technical support to your at-home employees, go to Progent's Call Desk supplementation Services.
Security and Compliance for At-Home Workers
At-home workers commonly use their personal equipment and work in an unsecured space. This worsens their vulnerability to cyber attacks and requires careful use of security appliances, remote monitoring, and the creation of policies based on leading practices. Progent's seasoned roster of certified cybersecurity professionals can help your business to design, implement and administer a modern security environment that protects sensitive information in networks that include remote workers.
Firewalls enable companies to create a network that can be securely utilized by local users and by at-home workers, mobile workers, vendors, clients, and other stakeholders. Next-generation firewall appliances permit you to configure and control appropriate permissions to different groups of users and to scale your IT network and adjust your security profile as your company evolves and as network attacks become increasingly sophisticated. Progent supports both new and older firewall appliances from all leading vendors like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, and Fortinet. To find out more about Progent's firewall integration expertise, see firewall integration and support expertise.
Online Endpoint Monitoring makes it possible to track the disparate computers utilized by an at-home workforce and either block or spot and mitigate modern cyber attacks like ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a lightweight software agent is installed on every protected endpoint device, watching all activity and using state-of-the-art machine learning to identify zero-day attacks at inception. When an attack is discovered, ProSight ASM immediately disconnects the impacted endpoint from the network to contain the malware. Because the ProSight Active Security Monitoring software agent is autonomous, endpoint devices stay secure even if they are disconnected from the Internet. To find out more about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, refer to remote endpoint security monitoring for an at-home workforce.
Progent's Duo authentication services incorporate Cisco's Duo cloud technology to protect against password theft through the use of two-factor authentication. Duo supports single-tap identity confirmation with Apple iOS, Android, and other out-of-band devices. Using Duo 2FA, when you log into a protected application and enter your password you are requested to confirm your identity via a unit that only you have and that is accessed using a different ("out-of-band") network channel. A broad range of out-of-band devices can be used as this second form of authentication such as an iPhone or Android or wearable, a hardware token, a landline telephone, etc. You can designate multiple validation devices. For details about Duo two-factor identity authentication services, visit Duo MFA two-factor authentication (2FA) services for remote workers.
Security Audits can evaluate the exposure of your information system to all classes of external and local security attacks for an environment that includes an at-home workforce. Progent can deploy remote, automated cybersecurity inventory scanning for rapidly and economically detecting a broad range of security holes that can be surfaced over the Internet. Progent's security audit consulting services, which can be managed by network security professionals with top certifications such as CISA, CISSP, and GIAC, can assist your company to audit your workflows and policies and assess your IT infrastructure to enable you to design the highest level of security for your remote workers.
Data Protection for Telecommuters
The field of Data Protection involves saving and recovering critical information so as to prevent data loss and minimize restoration time and effort in the event of storage system problems due to equipment issues, programming hiccups, operator error, malware, or any other reason. Reliable data protection strategies can be particularly challenging to architect and maintain in hybrid environments that incorporate private data centers, cloud resources, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Recovery strategies for remote workers must address multiple kinds of personally owned endpoint devices. Progent can provide quick remote access to experts knowledgeable about a wide range of platforms for backing up Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX servers and desktop computers as well as laptops, iOS and Android tablets and smartphones. Leading backup/restore products maintained by Progent's data protection consultants include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, CrashPlan, Mozy, and Time Machine. To protect resources distributed throughout a wide area network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a managed backup/recovery service that uses cloud-based storage and includes granular restore and centralized management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) strategies typically anticipate scenarios that require a rapid changeover to telecommuting. Progent's senior disaster recovery planning consultants and business continuity consultants can assist your business to develop, document and test a DR/BC plan that addresses the process of switching to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for At-Home Workers
Microsoft has renamed and reshuffled its endpoint management platforms under the name Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud-based management of remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing onsite endpoints. Endpoint Manager offers a centralized environment for protecting corporate information by controlling on-premises, mobile, and at-home endpoints.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also includes Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and protecting off-premises computers and applications. Remote endpoint devices can be personally owned or business owned. Network administrators managing the enrolled endpoint devices of teleworkers can utilize Intune to deploy and validate apps on managed devices, push patches and certificates, configure policies for accessing data and resources, set passwords, establish VPN connections, determine how telecommuters share information, establish threat protection, verify compliance, and erase corporate data from lost, stolen or decommissioned endpoint devices. Intune runs with Apple iOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X endpoints. For information about Microsoft Intune and how Progent can assist you to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to administer the devices of your telecommuters, visit Intune teleworker endpoint management expertise.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich centralized Mobile Device Management product that helps network managers to keep offsite endpoint devices current and secure. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch technology for centralized endpoint management along with VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery platform for authorization control, app management, and setup management of endpoint computers. Workspace ONE runs with endpoints based on Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-site deployment through a one-time purchase. Key capabilities of VMware Workspace ONE include rapid over-the-air provisioning of new laptops, immediate onboarding of new employees, policy set up and enforcement for all classes of endpoints, unifies reporting and analytics, email encryption, and integration with Microsoft applications and cloud products. For details about Progent's support for VMware Workspace ONE, refer to VMware Workspace ONE remote endpoint management consultants.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Support Services
To get in touch with Progent about building and maintaining an efficient telecommuter environment for your Centennial, Colorado company, phone 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.