Enlarging your remote workforce can have a major effect on IT infrastructure, cybersecurity, and corporate culture. Progent has 20 years of background assisting businesses of all sizes to plan, deploy, manage, tune, and troubleshoot IT environments that support a remote workforce. Progent can assist your Centennial company to pick the right technologies and follow leading practices in building and operating a safe virtual solution for telecommuters that promotes collaboration and returns maximum business value. Progent can provide support services that go from as-needed expertise for helping you over challenging technical roadblocks to full project management to help you successfully complete mission-critical tasks.
Progent's consultants can assist Centennial, Colorado organizations to succeed with any facet of creating a high-functioning work-at-home ecosystem by providing infrastructure configuration services, IP voice expertise, voice/video conferencing integration, collaboration platform selection and deployment, cloud connectivity, Call Desk augmentation, endpoint security, data protection solutions, and unified management.
Network Infrastructure for a Remote Workforce
Integrating the network infrastructure required for a remote workforce can be especially complex if you must manage a combination of personal hardware such as PCs and notebooks, Internet routers, and Wi-Fi appliances from different vendors and with a mix of operating systems and firmware levels. Progent's experience delivering online help for both outdated as well as modern technologies in virtual office solutions allows you to make cost-effective use of your existing network infrastructure and provides you with fast access to top-tire consultants for implement essential upgrades. Services available from Progent to assist your company to implement a productive telecommuting infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network technology makes it possible to create a safe connection for authorized remote employees to access IT assets located at your corporate data center or in a public cloud. Progent's consultants can help you to configure and maintain VPN access between your teleworkers and your various IT resources by providing remote VPN integration consulting. For businesses using Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA experts can assist your telecommuters to set up Cisco's popular AnyConnect client software for safe VPN tunneling for a broad selection of devices including Windows, Mac, Apple iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure products enable an at-home worker to view and interact with a data center PC's desktop. This technology provides IT managers more control over the digital environment of telecommuters and ensures them a consistent and more productive experience. Progent's VDI consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI solutions.
- Routers connect at-home computer networks to the Internet and support VPN tunnels, local wireless networks, and firewalls. Progent can provide expert online support for deploying home routers from a variety of manufacturers. See router configuration services from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wireless networks, typically shared by the whole family and guests, are frequently utilized by at-home employees to connect to their router for work. This can cause performance as well as security issues. Progent can help businesses to mitigate these problems by providing services that include Aironet integration expertise, Cisco-certified Meraki wireless installation consulting, and Ubiquiti wireless AP setup assistance.
- Internet connectivity methods affect the performance and reliability of connections between at-home workers and the corporate data center. Mission-critical applications may require redundant Internet connections in case the normal connection fails. Progent offers guidance for picking ISPs, choosing appropriate bandwidth and data volume offerings, and configuring fault-tolerant Internet connections. Refer to Internet connectivity solutions.
VoIP Solutions for an At-Home Workforce
Expanding the business PBX system to include telecommuters is critical to maintaining an effective work-at-home solution. A variety of cloud-based VoIP platforms are used by SMBs to support remote users. Many larger organizations depend on Cisco's current or older products for VoIP management. Progent can assist businesses of all sizes to design or maintain a remote VoIP service that delivers the flexibility, convenience and security needed for teleworkers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice consultants can provide high-level support to assist organizations optimize their existing Cisco VoIP systems to support an expanding at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM) delivers enterprise telephony features to devices like IP phones, media processing platforms, VoIP gateways, and mixed media applications used throughout the network. Unified Communications Manager manages other combined media services such as unified messaging, video conferencing, and team interaction networks. For details about Progent's Unified Communications Manager support, visit Cisco Unified CM consultants.
- CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing agent and has been replaced by CUCM. Progent can help your company to support your existing CallManager environment or upgrade efficiently to Cisco's modern IP telephony products. To learn about Progent's expertise for CallManager and Cisco's other early VoIP products, visit CallManager consulting.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide connectivity with PSTN networks and with clients working outside the corporate firewall
such as telecommuters. Progent can provide expert support for Cisco's legacy IP gateways like the UC520, UC540 and UC560 product lines as well as for current Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway integration consulting.
- Other VoIP Platforms supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can assist you to enhance your wide area network infrastructure to support these VoIP solutions and deliver online integration and troubleshooting services.
Voice/Video Conferencing for At-Home Workers
A broad range of video conferencing platforms from major technology companies enable online discussions, video and voice conferencing, chat sessions, and content sharing for both onsite users and at-home workers. Many organizations use multiple products to meet the needs of their various partners and clients. Progent can help you to maintain your existing conferencing ecosystem and enhance the experience of your at-home workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading unified communications product that enables presence, IM, audio and video conferencing plus the seamless integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications such as PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent can provide the expertise of Microsoft-certified specialists who can help you to set up and manage Skype for Business client software to accommodate your remote workforce. For details about Progent's support services for Skype for Business, visit Skype for Business integration experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video calling platform for compatible iOS, iPadOS, iPod and macOS devices. FaceTime works over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Current editions of FaceTime support as many as 32 concurrent users for voice/video calls. For details about Progent's support services for FaceTime, see Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides online conferencing for virtually all computing devices. Delivered through Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex services include sharing discrete content or computer screens, presentations that incorporate rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint, session recording, plus revision and playback for future reference. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Cisco Webex and for other video conferencing solutions from Cisco, visit Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams provides a portal for conferencing, contacts, and information with capabilities that include voice/video conferencing, persistent threaded chat, plus file sharing. For details about Progent's support expertise for Microsoft Teams as well as for additional Microsoft 365 products, visit Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Conferencing Apps supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver configuration and debugging expertise for these conferencing platforms and
help you to tune your network architecture to run them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Software for At-Home Workers
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are closely integrated with Microsoft's familiar Microsoft Office and Microsoft 365 families, providing a powerful ecosystem of productivity apps that create a consistent user interface for exchanging information across multiple sites and on a broad range of endpoint devices. Progent has delivered online consulting support for SharePoint and Exchange since their original publication and can assist your company to deploy these flagship collaboration products to optimize the effectiveness of your remote workers.
SharePoint utilizes web entities to allow collaboration and knowledge sharing by offering policy-driven access to data, business processes, and utilities for looking through enterprise-wide information silos. SharePoint permits you to create protected web portals that permits remote workers to see and update consolidated corporate intelligence via Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social sites, and Web Parts. To find out about Progent's SharePoint consulting expertise, see SharePoint integration and development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For information about Progent's Exchange support services, visit deployment consulting for Exchange.
OneDrive is MicrosoftÔŅĹs shared cloud-based file hosting and synchronization service, comparable to GoogleDrive. At-home users can store files to the OneDrive service, and colleagues can retrieve them securely through a web browser. Provided with Office and Microsoft 365, OneDrive allows home workers to co-author documents. Edits made offline are automatically synced when you go back online. For information about Progent's expertise for OneDrive, refer to Onedrive configuration consulting.
Public Cloud Integration Services for Remote Workers
Progent offers fast and affordable online assistance for enabling organizations to build, manage and repair cohesive network models that include internal data centers, at-home workers, branch offices, plus cloud resources. Progent offers expertise for all modes of public cloud service including Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help telecommuters resolve issues with public cloud access, authentication, and security.
Microsoft Azure is a leading family of cloud software and services that allows you to utilize IT infrastructure, virtual servers, and critical apps hosted on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Azure features over one hundred services services including the ability to host Windows and Linux-based virtual machines, scalable cloud storage, email and messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and backup/restore. Progent can help your organization to deploy VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, configure storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity control with Azure AD, and design data backup and restore systems with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also help you create secure connections to Azure for teleworkers by configuring and troubleshooting firewall appliances and VPN IPsec tunnels. To find out about Progent's expertise for Azure, go to Microsoft Azure consulting services.
Microsoft 365, previously branded Office 365, is Microsoft's popular family of client productivity software and cloud services offered on a subscription basis. Microsoft apps and cloud services are marketed in a selection of bundles designed for customers ranging from students and small offices to major enterprises. Progent can provide fast and affordable online contact with consultants familiar with Microsoft 365-compatible clients running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent can assist you to evaluate the numerous subscription bundles available for Microsoft 365 and deploy 365 apps for your telecommuters in a way that delivers maximum business value. For information about Progent's support services for Microsoft 365, see Microsoft 365 consulting services.
Microsoft 365 Exchange Online is among the most popular applications in the Microsoft 365 product suite. Microsoft 365 Exchange Online provides the benefits of lower spending for physical infrastructure, simplified management, on-demand scaling, high reliability, and additional advantages inherent with public clouds. Microsoft has engineered Exchange Online to operate transparently with on-premises Exchange environments, enabling customers to create hybrid cloud/onsite networks. Progent's certified Exchange consultants can provide as-needed help to guide you through challenging IT roadblocks and also offer comprehensive project management services to ensure your telecommuters have convenient and safe access to your Exchange Online deployment. For details Progent's support services for Exchange Online, see Exchange Online configuration and troubleshooting consulting.
Amazon AWS is a pioneer in the public cloud market and is the world's top provider of cloud services. Progent can provide fast and economical online contact with cloud connectivity consultants who can help your business to design, implement, maintain, and troubleshoot hybrid IT networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud services with on-premises resources and with other popular cloud platforms like Azure. Progent also offers access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to help your company to build a high-availability network architecture so your users have a productive computing environment whether they are working from your headquarters, a branch office, from home, or on the road. To find out about Progent's support services for Amazon AWS, go to Amazon AWS integration services.
Google Cloud (GCP) is a popular suite of cloud computing services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can help you to expand your existing IT assets with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's database consultants can show you how to make your critical applications cloud friendly so your at-home workers can benefit fully from Google Cloud services. Progent can help your organization to set up virtual machines on GCP Compute Engine, plan an efficient storage solution with GCP Storage services, and simplify access control for teleworkers with GCP Cloud Identity services. Progent can also assist your business to utilize GCP's management technology to administer and monitor your Google Cloud environment. To find out, go to Google Cloud Platform (GCP) integration services.
Help Desk Call Center Services for Telecommuters
An emergency, enterprise-wide transition to a teleworker workforce, which might be motivated by an epidemic or as a component of a disaster recovery/business continuity preparedness plan, can overstretch even a high-performing in-house Call Desk. Progent's Call Center services make it possible for businesses of any size to outsource or supplement their Call Desk by using Progent's online Technical Response Center services.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk services leverage Progent's extensive network of online IT support specialists combined with world-class trouble ticketing and follow-up technology to provide an economical, advanced Help Desk Call Center. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide a comprehensive solution that handles all facets of remote Level 1 desktop support from help requests through trouble ticket generation, screen sharing, problem resolution, and incident reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal allows at-home employees to monitor or revise the status of their current tickets, add information, and append screenshots or attachments. Desktop support services are delivered at a significant price reduction off Progent's ordinary Level 1 desktop support charges, and Progent offers the option of fast escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 IT specialists to deal with advanced issues. For more information, refer to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small companies.
- Progent's Call Desk Augmentation Service enables your company to expand your current Help Desk organization by splitting responsibilities for Help Desk Call Center services seamlessly between your in-house support personnel and Progent's nationwide team of PC support technicians and subject matter experts. Progent's co-managed Help Desk Call Center service is based on a co-sourcing support model utilizing the number one professional services automation (PSA) platform for managing service requests and trouble tickets, establishing ownership, monitoring progress, and producing management reports. For information about how Progent's Call Desk Augmentation Services can help your company to deliver best-in-class technical support to your telecommuters, refer to Progent's Call Desk supplementation Services.
Cybersecurity for Telecommuters
Work-from-Home employees commonly utilize their own computing devices and usually work in a poorly secured physical environment. This situation increases their susceptibility to malware threats and calls for judicious deployment of corporate firewalls, anti-malware tools, multi-factor authentication, remote monitoring, extensive end-user training, and the development of policies based on best practices. Progent's seasoned group of cybersecurity solutions experts can help you to plan, configure and maintain a compliant security solution that protects vital information assets in networks that incorporate at-home workers.
Firewalls enable you to build a network that can be safely utilized by local users and by an at-home workforce, mobile users, vendors, clients, and other stakeholders. Modern firewall appliances permit you to configure and control different permissions to different classes of users and to scale your IT network and modify your cybersecurity posture as your business evolves and as cyber threats become more sophisticated. Progent supports both current and older firewall appliances from all major manufacturers like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. To learn more about Progent's firewall support expertise, refer to firewall support services.
Online Endpoint Monitoring makes it easy to track the various devices utilized by teleworkers and either block or spot and mitigate modern cyber attacks such as ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a lightweight agent is put on every secured endpoint device, monitoring all activity and utilizing advanced behavioral threat analysis from SentinelOne to detect zero-day attacks on arrival. When an attack is discovered, ProSight Active Security Monitoring immediately disconnects the impacted endpoint device from the corporate network to contain the threat. Because the ProSight Active Security Monitoring software agent is self-contained, endpoints remain protected even if they are not connected to the Internet. For details about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, visit remote endpoint monitoring for an at-home workforce.
Progent's Duo authentication services utilize Cisco's Duo cloud technology to defend against password theft by using two-factor authentication (2FA). Duo enables single-tap identity confirmation on Apple iOS, Android, and other out-of-band devices. Using 2FA, when you sign into a secured application and give your password you are requested to verify your identity on a device that only you possess and that is accessed using a different ("out-of-band") network channel. A wide range of devices can be used as this added form of ID validation including a smartphone or wearable, a hardware/software token, a landline phone, etc. You may designate several verification devices. To learn more about Duo two-factor identity validation services, go to Duo MFA two-factor authentication (2FA) services for at-home workers.
Security Audits can evaluate the vulnerability of your information system to all classes of outside and local security threats for an environment that incorporates teleworkers. Progent can deploy online, automated security inventory scanning for quickly and economically uncovering a broad range of security weaknesses that can be surfaced over the Internet. Progent's security assessment experts, which can be provided by network security professionals with top credentials such as CISM, CISSP, and GIAC, can assist you to evaluate your operations and governance policies and assess your network infrastructure to enable you to implement the highest level of security for your remote workers.
Download White Paper: Securing a Work-From-Home (WFH) Environment
To read or download a white paper about key things to concentrate on for protecting an IT environment that includes work-from-home staff, click:
Securing a Work-From-Home (WFH) Network White Paper. (PDF - 2.4 MB)
Data Protection for Telecommuters
The field of Data Protection involves saving and recovering critical information so as to prevent data loss and reduce recovery time in the event of storage failures due to equipment issues, software hiccups, user mistakes, cyber attack, or any other reason. Reliable data protection solutions can be particularly difficult to architect and maintain in hybrid environments that combine in-house data centers, public clouds, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Restore strategies for telecommuters must address diverse kinds of user-owned endpoints. Progent offers quick remote help from consultants familiar with a broad range of products for backing up Microsoft Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX servers and desktop computers as well as laptops, tablets and handhelds. Leading backup/restore solutions supported by Progent's data protection experts include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Mozy, and Time Machine. To protect resources spread throughout a wide area network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services, a backup/recovery service that utilizes cloud storage and features granular restore and unified management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity strategies typically envision circumstances that call for a quick changeover to an at-home workforce. Progent's senior disaster recovery preparedness experts and business continuity specialists can assist your business to produce, document and validate a DR/BC plan that addresses the logistics of switching to telecommuting.
Unified Management for Teleworkers
Microsoft has renamed and rebundled its endpoint management products under the name Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud management of mobile and remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing onsite endpoints. Microsoft Endpoint Manager provides a centralized environment for protecting critical information by managing local, mobile, and at-home endpoints.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also features Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and securing remote computers and applications. Remote endpoint devices can be personally owned or company owned. IT administrators managing the endpoint computers of teleworkers can utilize Intune to provision and validate applications on managed devices, push patches and certificates, configure policies for accessing data and resources, manage passwords, create VPN tunnels, determine how teleworkers share data, establish threat protection, verify compliance, and wipe corporate information from missing, stolen or deactivated endpoint devices. Microsoft Intune can be used with iOS/iPadOS, Android, Windows, and macOS devices. To find out about Microsoft Intune and to find out how Progent can help your company to use this platform to manage the endpoint computers of your at-home workers, refer to Intune teleworker device management experts.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich unified Mobile Device Management (MDM) product that helps network administrators to keep off-premises endpoint devices current and protected. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch technology for centralized endpoint management plus VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery technology for identity control, application management, and setup management of endpoint computers. Workspace ONE runs with endpoints powered by Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-premises product through a one-time purchase. Key capabilities of VMware Workspace ONE include rapid over-the-air provisioning of new laptops, quick onboarding of new employees, policy setting and enforcement for all categories of devices, unifies management reporting and performance analytics, an email encryption gateway, and integration with Microsoft apps and cloud-based products. To find out about Progent's support services for VMware Workspace ONE, go to VMware Workspace ONE remote device management expertise.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Expertise
To get in touch with Progent about creating and maintaining an efficient telecommuter environment for your Centennial, Colorado organization, call 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.