Expanding your telecommuter workforce may have a major impact on network infrastructure, cybersecurity, and company culture. Progent has 20 years of experience helping businesses of all sizes to design, deploy, administer, optimize, and troubleshoot IT networks that incorporate a remote workforce. Progent can help your Centennial organization to select the right tools and adhere to best practices in building and maintaining a secure virtual office solution for teleworkers that promotes collaboration and returns top business value. Progent can provide services ranging from as-needed expertise for getting you past occasional IT bottlenecks to full project management or co-management to help you successfully complete mission-critical initiatives.
Progent can help Centennial, Colorado companies to with any aspect of creating a high-functioning telecommuting environment by delivering network infrastructure configuration services, VoIP PBX troubleshooting, video conferencing support, collaboration platform customization and training, cloud integration, Call Desk outsourcing, security and compliance, backup/restore solutions, and unified management.
Infrastructure for Teleworkers
Integrating the physical and software infrastructure required to support a remote workforce can be especially challenging if you have to accommodate a mix of worker-owned hardware like desktop computers and laptops, routers, and wireless APs from various vendors and with a variety of operating systems and firmware levels. Progent's experience providing online support for both legacy as well as current technologies in virtual office solutions allows you to make efficient use of your available network infrastructure and offers fast access to top-tire consultants for implement essential upgrades. Services available from Progent to assist you to create a high-functioning work-at-home ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network connectivity makes it possible to create a secure connection for authorized remote workers to access IT resources situated at your corporate data center or in a public cloud. Progent can assist you to deploy and maintain VPN access between your teleworkers and your various network resources by providing online VPN integration consulting. For organizations using Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco ASA experts can help your at-home workers to set up Cisco's AnyConnect software to provide safe VPN tunneling for a broad range of endpoint devices such as Microsoft Windows, macOS, Apple iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) platforms enable an at-home worker to view and use a remote computer's desktop. This provides network managers more control over the computing ecosystem of telecommuters and offers remote users a consistent and more productive experience. Progent's virtual desktop consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops expertise.
- Routers connect at-home networks to the Internet and support VPN tunnels, home Wi-Fi networks, and firewalls. Progent offers top-tier online consulting for integrating home routers from a variety of vendors. See router configuration services from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wireless networks, typically shared by families and guests, are frequently utilized by telecommuters to access their router for work. This can create performance as well as security issues. Progent can help businesses to mitigate these problems by providing expertise like Cisco Aironet configuration expertise, Cisco-certified Meraki wireless deployment expertise, and Ubiquiti Unifi wireless access point integration assistance.
- Internet access solutions affect the performance and reliability of connections between at-home workers and the corporate network. Mission-critical applications might demand redundant Internet connections in the event the primary connection fails. Progent can provide guidance for identifying ISPs, picking sensible service packages, and configuring high-availability Internet connections. See Internet access integration services.
VoIP Integration for Teleworkers
Extending the business PBX system to accommodate telecommuters is critical to supporting an effective work-at-home solution. A broad range of cloud-centric digital PBX platforms are popular with SMBs to server teleworkers. Many larger organizations depend on Cisco's current or older platforms for VoIP solutions. Progent can help businesses of any size to design or maintain a telecommuter IP voice service that delivers the flexibility, transparency and protection needed for teleworkers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice experts offer high-level support to assist organizations tune their existing Cisco VoIP systems to handle a growing remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) delivers enterprise telephony features to devices like IP phones, media processing products, VoIP gateways, and multimedia applications used across the network. CUCM supports additional combined media services such as unified messaging, video conferencing, and customer collaboration networks. For details about Progent's Cisco Unified CM or CUCM expertise, see Cisco Unified CM consulting services.
- CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing agent and has been superseded by Cisco Unified CM. Progent can help your company to support your existing CallManager environment or upgrade efficiently to Cisco's current IP telephony solutions. To find out about Progent's expertise for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other early IP voice products, refer to Cisco CallManager consulting services.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable integration with public telephony networks and with clients working outside the corporate perimeter
such as at-home workers. Progent can provide consulting expertise for Cisco's legacy IP gateways like the UC520, UC540 and UC560 products and for modern Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway configuration consulting.
- Additional VoIP Platforms supported by Progent include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can assist you to enhance your WAN infrastructure to support these VoIP solutions and provide as-needed integration and troubleshooting services.
Voice/Video Conferencing for an At-Home Workforce
A wide selection of voice/video conferencing platforms from leading technology companies support virtual discussions, video and voice conferencing, chat, and content sharing for both onsite users and teleworkers. Many organizations utilize a mix of conferencing products to accommodate their different partners and clients. Progent's communications experts can assist your organization to maintain your existing conferencing ecosystem and optimize the engagement of your remote workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading communications product that enables real-time presence, instant messaging, voice and video conferencing as well as the seamless integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications such as PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent offers the skills of Microsoft-certified specialists who can assist your company to deploy and manage Skype for Business client software to support your at-home workforce. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Skype for Business, refer to Skype for Business consulting experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video phone platform for compatible iOS and Mac computers and smartphones. FaceTime works on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Later versions of FaceTime allow up to 32 concurrent users for voice/video calls. For details about Progent's support expertise for FaceTime, refer to Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports remote conferencing for virtually all desktop or mobile devices. Delivered via Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex capabilities include sharing granular content or screens, presentations that incorporate rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, session capture, plus editing and playback for future reference and training. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Cisco Webex as well as for additional video conferencing products from Cisco, visit Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams provides a hub for conferencing, contacts, and information with capabilities that include video conferencing, persistent threaded chat, plus data sharing. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Teams and for additional Microsoft 365 apps, visit Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Conferencing Apps supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver integration and troubleshooting services for these conferencing platforms and
help your business to optimize your network architecture to host them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Platforms for At-Home Workers
Microsoft's collaboration products are closely integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office and Microsoft 365 suites, offering a powerful ecosystem of applications that create a consistent user interface for exchanging data and ideas throughout a corporate network and on a broad range of endpoint computers. Progent has delivered remote consulting services for SharePoint and Exchange Server since their first releases and can help your company to configure these critical collaboration products to optimize the productivity of your at-home workers.
SharePoint uses web sites to facilitate collaboration and information sharing by providing policy-driven delivery of data, workflow, and utilities for looking through company-wide information silos. SharePoint enables you to create protected web portals that allows remote workforce to see and edit aggregated corporate intelligence by means of Wikis, Blogs, social networking web sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). To learn about Progent's SharePoint consulting expertise, go to SharePoint integration and development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For details about Progent's Exchange consulting expertise, refer to planning and configuration consulting for Microsoft Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoftís shared cloud-based storage service, comparable to GoogleDrive. Remote workers can store files to OneDrive, and co-workers can share them safely via a web browser. Included with Office 365, OneDrive allows at-home employees to jointly author documents. Revisions made offline are synced when you go back online. To find out about Progent's expertise for OneDrive, refer to Microsoft Onedrive integration experts.
Cloud Integration Services for Telecommuters
Progent can provide fast and affordable remote support for enabling businesses to create, manage and optimize cohesive hybrid network architectures that combine physical data centers, at-home workers, branch offices, and public cloud resources. Progent can provide top-tier consultant for all modes of cloud service delivery including Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help at-home workers resolve issues with cloud access, authentication, and security.
Azure is a popular platform for public cloud services that allows you to utilize infrastructure, servers, and critical apps running on Microsoft's massive cloud. Azure features more than 100 cloud-based services such as the ability to host Windows and Linux-powered VMs, scalable cloud storage, messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and data backup. Progent can assist your organization to deploy VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity management with Azure AD, and plan data backup and restore systems with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also show you how to establish protected connections to Azure services for telecommuters by configuring and debugging firewalls and VPN tunnels. For information about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Azure, go to Microsoft Azure expertise.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's popular family of client productivity software and cloud-based services offered on a subscription basis. Office applications and services are marketed in a variety of bundles intended for customers ranging from individuals and households to large corporations. Progent can provide fast and affordable remote access to experts familiar with Microsoft 365-compatible endpoint devices based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent can help you to evaluate the various subscription bundles offered with Microsoft 365 and deploy 365 apps for your telecommuters to achieve top business value. For information about Progent's support services for Microsoft Office 365, refer to Office 365 consulting services.
Office 365 Exchange Online is among the most popular cloud-based applications in the Office 365 product line. Microsoft 365 Exchange Online provides the advantages of lower spending for physical infrastructure, simplified management, on-demand scaling, high reliability, and other advantages inherent with cloud computing. Microsoft has designed Office 365 Exchange Online to run transparently with on-premises deployments of Exchange, allowing customers to create hybrid cloud/onsite information systems. Progent's certified Exchange experts are available for occasional help to guide you through tough technical bottlenecks and can also provide end-to-end project management services to make sure your remote workers have convenient and secure access to your Exchange Online environment. For information Progent's consulting expertise for Office 365 Exchange Online, see Office 365 Exchange Online configuration and support expertise.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a pioneer in the public cloud computing market and is the world's top source of cloud services. Progent offers fast and economical online access to cloud connectivity consultants who can assist your organization to plan, implement, maintain, and troubleshoot hybrid information networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud services with on-premises data centers and with other popular cloud platforms such as Microsoft Azure. Progent also can provide access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to help your company to build a high-availability network model so your users have a productive computing environment regardless of whether they are working from your headquarters, a branch office, at home, or on the road. For information about Progent's consulting expertise for Amazon AWS, see Amazon AWS integration expertise.
Google Cloud Platform is a popular suite of cloud computing services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can assist you to extend your current IT assets with the Google Cloud, and Progent's DBA experts can help you make your key applications cloud ready so your at-home workers can take full advantage of Google Cloud services. Progent's consultants can assist your organization to set up VMs on GCP Compute Engine, design a cost-effective storage system with GCP Storage, and simplify identity control for telecommuters with GCP Cloud Identity services. Progent's experts can also assist you to utilize GCP's management technology to control and monitor your GCP environment. To find out, visit Google Cloud Platform (GCP) integration expertise.
Help Desk Call Center Support for Teleworkers
An emergency, organization-wide transition to a telecommuter business model, which could be driven by an epidemic or as a component of a business continuity preparedness plan, can overwhelm even the most efficient internal Help Desk. Progent's Help Desk services make it possible for businesses to outsource or supplement their Call Center by using Progent's online Technical Response Center services.
- Progent's Standard Call Center services utilize Progent's nationwide network of remote IT support experts along with world-class trouble ticketing and follow-up technology to offer an economical, state-of-the-art Help Desk Call Center. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer an end-to-end solution that addresses all aspects of online Level 1 PC technical support from help requests through ticket creation, desktop sharing, issue resolution, and reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal enables from-home workers to check or edit their active tickets, add information, and append screenshots and relevant files. Support services are provided at a significant discount off Progent's ordinary Level 1 technical support rates, and Progent offers the option of rapid escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 IT experts to resolve advanced issues. For more information, go to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small businesses.
- Progent's Help Desk Call Center Augmentation Service enables your business to augment your current Call Desk organization by sharing delivery of Help Desk Call Center support services seamlessly between your in-house IT support staff and Progent's extensive pool of desktop support engineers and subject matter specialists. Progent's co-managed Help Desk service uses a co-sourcing support model based on the number one professional services automation tool for handling service requests and trouble tickets, assigning ownership, monitoring progress, and generating management reports. To find out how Progent's Help Desk Supplementation Services can help your business to provide best-in-class desktop support to your telecommuters, refer to Progent's Call Center supplementation Services.
Security and Compliance for At-Home Workers
Teleworkers often run their own computers and work in an unsecured area. This worsens their vulnerability to cyber attacks and demands judicious deployment of firewalls, remote monitoring, and the enforcement of security policies based on leading practices. Progent's seasoned roster of certified data security professionals can help your organization to design, deploy and manage a modern cybersecurity solution that guards vital data in IT networks that incorporate an at-home workforce.
- Firewalls enable companies to build a network environment that can be safely utilized by on-premises users and by telecommuters, mobile workers, vendors, customers, and other stakeholders. Next-generation firewall appliances permit you to configure and control appropriate access rights to various groups of users and to scale your IT network and adjust your security profile as your business evolves and as network attacks grow more sophisticated. Progent supports both current and legacy firewall devices from all leading vendors including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, and Fortinet. To learn more about Progent's firewall support services, go to firewall configuration and support services.
- Remote Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it easy to watch over the disparate devices used by remote workers and either block or identify and respond to modern threats like ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a lightweight agent is installed on each secured endpoint device, monitoring all activity and utilizing state-of-the-art behavioral threat analysis to identify zero-day attacks at inception. When a cyberattack is spotted, ProSight ASM immediately isolates the infected device from the corporate network to contain the threat. Because the ProSight ASM agent is self-contained, endpoints stay secure even if they are disconnected from the Internet. For more information about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, visit remote endpoint monitoring for at-home workers.
- Security Audits can assess the exposure of your information system to all classes of outside and internal security threats for an environment that includes at-home workers. Progent can deploy online, automated cybersecurity analysis scanning for quickly and economically detecting a broad range of security gaps that can be surfaced via the Internet. Progent's security audit experts, which can be managed by security professionals with advanced certifications including CISA, CISSP, and GIAC, can assist your business to audit your operations and governance policies and assess your WAN infrastructure to allow you to design the highest level of protection for your telecommuters.
Data Protection Solutions for Teleworkers
The field of Data Protection involves backing up and restoring vital information in order to prevent data loss and reduce restoration time in case of storage system problems resulting from hardware issues, software hiccups, operator error, malware, or any other reason. Dependable data protection strategies can be especially challenging to design and manage in hybrid networks that combine private data centers, cloud resources, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Restore solutions for at-home workers must cover diverse kinds of user-owned endpoints. Progent can provide fast remote access to consultants familiar with a wide array of products for protection Microsoft Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktop computers as well as notebooks, tablets and smartphones. Leading backup/restore products maintained by Progent's data protection consultants include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, CrashPlan, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To back up resources spread across a wide area network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a managed backup/recovery subscription service that uses cloud storage and features fine-grained recovery and centralized management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) strategies commonly anticipate scenarios that require a quick switch to telecommuting. Progent's senior disaster recovery planning consultants and business continuity consultants can assist you to produce, document and test a DR/BC plan that addresses the logistics of moving to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for an At-Home Workforce
Microsoft has rebranded and reshuffled its endpoint management platforms under the title Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud-based management of mobile and remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing on-premises computers. Endpoint Manager features a centralized platform for protecting critical information by controlling on-premises, mobile, and home-based endpoint devices.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also features Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and securing mobile computers and applications. Remote endpoint devices can be user owned or business owned. IT administrators managing the endpoint devices of telecommuters can utilize Intune to deploy and validate apps on managed devices, push updates and certificates, set up rules for permission to access information and networks, set passwords, create VPN connections, determine how home-based workers share data, set up threat protection, verify security compliance, and wipe corporate information from missing, stolen or deactivated endpoint devices. Intune runs with iOS/iPadOS, Android, Windows, and macOS devices. To find out about Microsoft Intune and how Progent can help you to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to administer the devices of your at-home workers, refer to Intune remote endpoint management expertise.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich centralized MDM platform that allows network managers to keep offsite endpoint devices current and protected. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch for centralized endpoint administration combined with VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery technology for access control, app management, and configuration management of endpoint computers. Workspace ONE operates with devices based on Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-site product via a one-time purchase. Top capabilities of Workspace ONE include rapid over-the-air provisioning of new notebooks, immediate onboarding of new employees, policy setting and enforcement for all categories of devices, unifies reporting and analytics, email encryption, and tight integration with Microsoft apps and cloud-based services. For details about Progent's support for VMware Workspace ONE, see VMware Workspace ONE remote device management expertise.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Support Services
To get in touch with Progent about building and maintaining a productive telecommuter solution for your Centennial, Colorado business, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.