Enlarging your at-home workforce may have a major impact on network infrastructure, security/compliance, and corporate workflows. Progent has 20 years of background helping small and mid-size businesses to plan, deploy, manage, optimize, and debug IT environments that support at-home workers. Progent can assist your Centennial company to select the right tools and adhere to best practices in creating and maintaining a safe virtual office ecosystem for teleworkers that facilitates collaboration and returns top business value. Progent can provide support services that go from as-needed guidance for helping you over challenging IT roadblocks to full project management or co-management to help you successfully complete mission-critical tasks.
Progent can help Centennial, Colorado organizations to succeed with any facet of building a high-performing telecommuting environment by providing infrastructure configuration services, IP voice expertise, video conferencing integration, collaboration platform customization and training, public cloud connectivity, helpdesk outsourcing, cybersecurity, backup/restore solutions, and streamlined management.
Network Infrastructure for Telecommuters
Integrating the network infrastructure needed to support a remote workforce can be especially complicated if you must accommodate a combination of personal equipment such as desktop computers and notebooks, Internet routers, and wireless APs from an assortment of vendors and with a mix of operating systems and firmware levels. Progent's background delivering online support for both legacy as well as current IT products in remote office venues enables you to make cost-effective use of your existing network infrastructure and provides you with fast access to top-tire consultants for implement necessary updates. Services offered by Progent to help your company to implement a productive telecommuting infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) connectivity makes it possible to create a safe tunnel for authorized at-home employees to use IT assets located at your company data center or in the cloud. Progent's consultants can assist you to deploy and maintain VPN connections between your at-home workforce and your key IT resources by providing remote VPN integration consulting. For businesses with Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco ASA Firewall consultants can assist your telecommuters to utilize Cisco's AnyConnect software to provide safe VPN tunneling for a wide selection of endpoint devices including Microsoft Windows, Mac, iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) products enable an at-home worker to see and use a data center PC's desktop. This gives network managers significant control over the computing ecosystem of at-home employees and ensures them a consistent and more productive work experience. Progent's virtual desktop consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI solutions.
- Routers connect home networks to the Internet and typically support VPN connections, home Wi-Fi networks, and firewall services. Progent offers top-tier online consulting for integrating routers from a range of manufacturers. See router integration services from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, often supporting families and guests, are commonly utilized by at-home employees to connect to their router for work. This can create performance and cybersecurity issues. Progent can assist businesses to resolve these issues by delivering expertise that include Cisco Aironet configuration expertise, Cisco Meraki WiFi installation expertise, and Ubiquiti Unifi wireless AP integration help.
- Internet access methods impact the performance and availability of connections between telecommuters and the company data center. Vital applications might require redundant Internet connections in case the normal connection breaks. Progent offers guidance for identifying service providers, picking appropriate bandwidth and data volume bundles, and setting up redundant Internet connections. Refer to Internet access integration services.
VoIP Solutions for Telecommuters
Extending the company PBX system to include remote users is vital to supporting an effective work-at-home solution. A broad range of cloud-based digital PBX platforms are used by SMBs to server teleworkers. Many enterprises rely on Cisco's modern or legacy platforms for IP voice solutions. Progent can help organizations of all sizes to plan or maintain a remote IP voice service that provides the flexibility, convenience and security required for remote users. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice experts can provide high-level support to help organizations optimize their current Cisco IP voice systems to support a growing remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM or CUCM) extends enterprise telephony capabilities to devices such as IP phones, media processing products, Voice over IP gateways, and multimedia applications deployed across the network. Unified Communications Manager manages other combined media services such as messaging, voice/video conferencing, and team collaboration networks. For more information about Progent's Unified Communications Manager expertise, visit Cisco Unified Communications Manager consultants.
- CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing software and has been replaced by Cisco Unified CM or CUCM. Progent's consultants can assist you to support your current CallManager deployment or migrate smoothly to Cisco's current IP telephony products. To learn about Progent's expertise for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other early VoIP products, visit CallManager consulting services.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable connectivity with public telephony networks and with users operating outside the corporate firewall
such as telecommuters. Progent offers expert support for Cisco's legacy IP gateways including the UC520, UC540 and UC560 products and for modern Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway configuration expertise.
- Other VoIP Platforms supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can help you to expand your wide area network infrastructure to support these solutions and deliver as-needed integration and troubleshooting expertise.
Video Conferencing for Teleworkers
A broad range of voice/video conferencing platforms from leading vendors support virtual meetings, video conferencing, chat sessions, and content sharing for both local workers and at-home workers. Many organizations use multiple conferencing products to accommodate their various partners and customers. Progent's communications experts can help your organization to manage your current conferencing environment and optimize the engagement of your remote employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading unified communications product that supports real-time presence, instant messaging, voice and video conferencing plus the transparent integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications such as PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent offers the expertise of Microsoft-certified consultants who can assist you to set up and manage Skype for Business clients to accommodate your remote workforce. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business consulting experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video phone app for compatible iOS, iPadOS, iPod and Mac computers and smartphones. FaceTime runs on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Newer versions of FaceTime allow up to 32 simultaneous users for voice/video calls. For details about Progent's support services for FaceTime, see Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports online conferencing for virtually all computing devices. Delivered through Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex services include sharing granular content or screens, presentations that incorporate rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint, network-based capture, plus editing and playback for future reference. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Webex and for additional IP video products from Cisco, refer to Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams provides a portal for conversations, contacts, and information with capabilities such as IP voice and video conferencing, threaded chat, plus file sharing. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Teams and for other Office 365 apps, see Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Voice/Video Conferencing Apps supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver configuration and debugging expertise for these conferencing platforms and
assist your business to tune your WAN infrastructure to host them.
Microsoft Collaboration Software for Teleworkers
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are tightly integrated with Microsoft's popular Office and Microsoft 365 families, offering a rich environment of applications that create a cohesive user interface for sharing information throughout a corporate network and on a wide selection of endpoint computers. Progent has provided remote consulting services for SharePoint and Exchange since their first releases and can help businesses to deploy these critical collaboration products to optimize the effectiveness of your remote workforce.
SharePoint utilizes web sites to promote collaboration and information sharing by providing policy-driven access to data, business processes, and tools for looking through company-wide business data. SharePoint allows you to build protected portals that allows at-home workforce to see and update aggregated business intelligence via Wikis, Blogs, social sites, and Web Parts. To learn about Progent's SharePoint expertise, visit SharePoint configuration and application development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For details about Progent's Exchange expertise, see planning and configuration consulting for Microsoft Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoftís collaborative cloud-based file hosting and synchronization service, comparable to GoogleDrive. Remote users can save files to OneDrive, and colleagues anywhere can share them securely via a browser. Provided with Microsoft 365, OneDrive allows at-home employees to co-author documents. Edits made offline are synced when you reconnect to the Internet. To find out about Progent's expertise for OneDrive, see Onedrive integration consulting.
Public Cloud Integration for Telecommuters
Progent offers affordable online assistance for helping businesses to create, manage and optimize cohesive network models that incorporate physical data centers, teleworkers, branch offices, and public cloud resources. Progent can provide expertise for all modes of cloud service including Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help remote workers fix problems with cloud connectivity, identity, and cybersecurity.
Azure is a leading platform for public cloud services that enables you to utilize infrastructure, virtual servers, and key applications hosted on Microsoft's massive cloud. Azure offers over one hundred cloud-based services including hosting for Windows and Linux-powered VMs, scalable cloud storage, email and messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and backup/restore. Progent can help your organization to deploy VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, configure cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity control with Azure AD, and plan backup and recovery systems with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also show you how to create protected access to Azure for at-home workers by configuring and debugging firewall appliances and VPN tunnels. For information about Progent's consulting expertise for Azure, refer to Microsoft Azure consulting.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's popular family of business productivity software and cloud services offered on a subscription basis. Office applications and cloud services are provided in a variety of plans intended for users ranging from students and small offices to major corporations. Progent can provide quick and affordable online contact with consultants knowledgeable about Microsoft 365-compatible clients running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent's experts can help you to assess the various subscription plans offered with Microsoft 365 and deploy 365 applications for your remote workers in a way that delivers top business value. For information about Progent's support services for Microsoft Office 365, go to Microsoft Office 365 consulting expertise.
Microsoft 365 Exchange Online is among the most widely used cloud-based applications in Azure-hosted Microsoft 365 product product suite. Exchange Online offers the benefits of lower costs for data center infrastructure, simplified management, dynamic scaling, high availability, and additional benefits associated with public clouds. Microsoft has designed Office 365 Exchange Online to operate smoothly with on-premises Exchange environments, allowing you to create hybrid networks. Progent's certified Exchange consultants are available for as-needed help to get you past tough technical roadblocks and can also provide comprehensive project management outsourcing to make sure your telecommuters have easy and secure access to your Exchange Online deployment. To find out Progent's expertise for Office 365 Exchange Online, go to Office 365 Exchange Online integration and support expertise.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a pioneer in the public cloud market and is the industry's biggest source of cloud-based services. Progent offers quick and economical online contact with cloud integration consultants who can assist your organization to plan, implement, maintain, and debug hybrid IT networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with on-premises data centers and with other popular cloud platforms such as Microsoft Azure. Progent also can provide the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to help you to build a high-uptime network architecture so your employees have a productive computing experience whether they are working from your main office, a remote branch, from home, or on the move. For information about Progent's consulting expertise for Amazon AWS, refer to Amazon AWS consulting services.
Google Cloud Platform (GCP) is a leading set of cloud services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can assist your business to expand your existing IT assets with the Google Cloud, and Progent's DBA experts can help you make your critical applications cloud friendly so your at-home workers can take full advantage of Google Cloud services. Progent can assist your business to deploy VMs on GCP Compute Engine, design an efficient storage system with Google Cloud Storage, and simplify access management for remote workers with Google Cloud Identity services. Progent's experts can also assist your business to utilize GCP's management technology to control and track your Google Cloud environment. To find out, visit Google Cloud Platform integration support.
Help Desk Services for Telecommuters
An emergency, organization-wide switchover to a teleworker workforce, which could be motivated by an epidemic or as part of a business continuity preparedness plan, can overwhelm even a high-performing in-house Call Desk. Progent's Call Center services make it possible for businesses to outsource or supplement their Help Desk Call Center with Progent's remote Technical Response Center services.
- Progent's Standard Call Center services utilize Progent's extensive team of online IT support specialists along with enterprise-class trouble ticketing and tracking software to offer an economical, state-of-the-art Call Center. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer an end-to-end solution that handles all facets of online Level 1 PC support from initial service requests to trouble ticket creation, desktop sharing, issue resolution, and incident reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal allows from-home workers to monitor or revise their current tickets, enter information, and upload screen captures or relevant files. Technical support services are delivered at a substantial price reduction off Progent's ordinary Level 1 technical service rates, and Progent makes available the option of rapid hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 support specialists to deal with advanced issues. To find out more, refer to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small and mid-size companies.
- Progent's Call Desk Supplemental Service enables your business to supplement your existing Call Desk organization by sharing responsibilities for Support Desk support transparently between your regular support personnel and Progent's nationwide team of PC support technicians and subject matter experts. Progent's shared Help Desk Call Center service is based on a collaborative support model based on the leading professional services automation platform for managing help requests and trouble tickets, assigning responsibility, monitoring progress, and producing reports. For details about how Progent's Support Desk Supplementation Services can enable your business to deliver world-class IT support to your teleworkers, go to Progent's Call Desk augmentation Services.
Security and Compliance for Telecommuters
Telecommuters commonly run their personal computing devices and work in an unsecured area. This worsens their vulnerability to cyber threats and calls for judicious deployment of firewalls, remote endpoint monitoring, and the enforcement of security policies in compliance with leading practices. Progent's veteran team of certified cybersecurity professionals can assist your business to design, deploy and administer a modern security solution that safeguards sensitive data in networks that incorporate at-home workers.
- Firewalls enable companies to build a network environment that can be securely utilized by local users and by an at-home workforce, mobile users, vendors, customers, and other stakeholders. Next-generation firewall devices allow you to configure and manage appropriate access rights to different classes of users and to scale your IT network and adjust your security profile as your business evolves and as cyber threats grow increasingly sophisticated. Progent supports both new and legacy security devices from all leading manufacturers including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. For details about Progent's firewall support expertise, visit firewall configuration and support services.
- Online Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it easy to watch over the various devices utilized by remote workers and either block or spot and respond to the latest cyber attacks such as ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a lightweight agent is installed on each protected endpoint, watching all activity and utilizing advanced AI technology to detect zero-day attacks at inception. When an attack is discovered, ProSight Active Security Monitoring instantly disconnects the infected device from the network to contain the malware. Because the ProSight ASM agent is autonomous, endpoint devices remain secure even when they are offline. To learn more about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, see remote endpoint monitoring for remote workers.
- Security Audits can evaluate the vulnerability of your information system to all classes of outside and local security threats for a network that incorporates at-home workers. Progent can deploy online, automated cybersecurity inventory scanning for rapidly and affordably uncovering a broad range of security weaknesses that can be found over the Internet. Progent's endpoint security assessment consulting services, which can be managed by security experts with advanced credentials including CISA, CISSP, and GIAC, can assist your business to audit your processes and governance policies and assess your WAN architecture to enable you to implement top-level security for your telecommuters.
Data Protection for Remote Workers
Data Protection covers backing up and recovering critical data in order to avoid data loss and minimize restoration time and effort in case of storage failures due to hardware breakdowns, programming hiccups, operator error, cyber attack, or any other reason. Reliable data protection solutions can be especially difficult to architect and maintain in hybrid networks that combine local data centers, cloud resources, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Restore strategies for an at-home workforce must address diverse kinds of user-owned endpoints. Progent can provide fast remote access to consultants familiar with a broad range of products for protection Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX servers and desktops as well as notebooks, iPads and handhelds. Popular backup/restore solutions maintained by Progent's data protection consultants include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, CrashPlan, Mozy, and Time Machine. To protect resources spread across a wide area network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a managed backup/recovery subscription service that utilizes cloud storage and features granular recovery and unified management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) strategies commonly anticipate scenarios that call for a rapid changeover to a work-at-home environment. Progent's senior disaster recovery preparedness experts and business continuity consultants can assist you to produce, document and test a DR/BC strategy that includes the process of moving to telecommuting.
Unified Management for At-Home Workers
Microsoft has rebranded and rebundled its endpoint management platforms under the name Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud-based management of mobile and remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing onsite computers. Endpoint Manager provides a centralized environment for safeguarding corporate data by managing onsite, mobile, and at-home endpoints.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also includes Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and protecting remote devices and software. Managed endpoint computers can be user owned or business owned. IT administrators managing the enrolled endpoint devices of telecommuters can use Intune to provision and authenticate applications on devices, push updates and certificates, set up rules for accessing information and networks, set passwords, establish VPN connections, control how teleworkers share information, establish threat protection, verify security compliance, and wipe corporate data from missing, stolen or decommissioned devices. Intune runs with iOS/iPadOS, Android, Windows, and macOS computers. To learn about Microsoft Intune and to find out how Progent can assist you to use this platform to administer the endpoint computers of your at-home workers, see Intune mobile device management experts.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced centralized Mobile Device Management platform that helps network managers to keep remote endpoints up to date and secure. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch for unified endpoint administration plus VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery platform for authorization control, app management, and configuration management of endpoints. Workspace ONE runs with devices powered by Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-premises deployment through a perpetual license. Key features of Workspace ONE include rapid remote deployment of new laptops, quick onboarding of new employees, policy set up and enforcement for all categories of endpoints, aggregated management reporting and analytics, email encryption, and integration with Microsoft applications and cloud products. For details about Progent's expertise for VMware Workspace ONE, go to VMware Workspace ONE remote device management consultants.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Expertise
To contact Progent about building and managing an efficient telecommuter solution for your Centennial, Colorado company, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.