Expanding your remote workforce can have a significant impact on network infrastructure, security/compliance, and company workflows. Progent has 20 years of experience assisting small and mid-size businesses to design, deploy, manage, optimize, and debug IT networks that support a remote workforce. Progent can help your Centennial company to pick the right technologies and adhere to best practices in building and maintaining a safe virtual office ecosystem for teleworkers that promotes teamwork and delivers maximum business value. Progent can provide support services ranging from as-needed guidance for helping you past challenging technical bottlenecks to full project management to help you successfully complete business-critical tasks.
Progent's consultants can assist Centennial, Colorado businesses to with any aspect of building a high-performing remote work environment by providing network infrastructure configuration services, VoIP PBX expertise, voice/video conferencing support, collaboration platform selection and deployment, cloud connectivity, helpdesk augmentation, endpoint security, backup/restore solutions, and streamlined management.
Infrastructure for Telecommuters
Configuring the physical and software infrastructure required for a remote workforce can be particularly complex if you have to accommodate a mix of worker-owned equipment such as desktop computers and notebooks, Internet routers, and Wi-Fi APs from different manufacturers and with a mix of OS software and firmware releases. Progent's background providing online support for both legacy and current technologies in virtual office venues enables you to make cost-effective use of your existing network infrastructure and offers fast access to expertise for implement necessary upgrades. Services offered by Progent to assist you to create a productive work-at-home infrastructure include:
- VPN connectivity allows you to establish a safe tunnel for authorized remote employees to use IT assets situated at your company datacenter or in a public cloud. Progent can help you to deploy and manage VPN access between your at-home workforce and your various IT resources by providing remote VPN configuration consulting. For organizations using Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA Firewall experts can help your at-home workers to set up Cisco's AnyConnect client software for safe VPN tunneling for a broad range of endpoint devices including Windows, Mac, iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure products allow a teleworker to view and use a data center PC's desktop. This provides network managers substantial control over the computing environment of telecommuters and ensures remote users a consistent and more productive experience. Progent's virtual desktop services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI consulting.
- Routers attach home computer networks to the Internet and typically support VPN tunnels, local wireless connectivity, and firewall services. Progent offers top-tier remote support for integrating home routers from a range of manufacturers. See router configuration support from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, typically shared by an entire household and visitors, are frequently utilized by at-home employees to connect to their router for work. This can cause throughput as well as cybersecurity issues. Progent can help you to resolve these issues by delivering services that include Cisco Aironet integration consulting, Cisco-certified Meraki wireless deployment consulting, and Ubiquiti Unifi wireless AP setup help.
- Internet connectivity methods affect the speed and reliability of connections between telecommuters and the corporate network. Line-of-business processes might require backup Internet connections in case the normal connection fails. Progent can provide expertise for identifying ISPs, picking sensible bandwidth and data volume offerings, and setting up high-availability Internet access. See Internet connectivity solutions.
VoIP Solutions for At-Home Workers
Expanding the company PBX system to include teleworkers is critical to supporting an effective work-at-home solution. A variety of cloud-centric digital PBX products are popular with SMBs to support remote users. Many larger organizations rely on Cisco's modern or older products for IP voice management. Progent can assist organizations of any size to plan or maintain a telecommuter VoIP environment that delivers the flexibility, convenience and protection required for teleworkers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice consultants offer advanced support to help businesses optimize their existing Cisco VoIP systems to handle a growing remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM or CUCM) extends advanced IP telephony capabilities to devices like IP phones, media processing platforms, Voice over IP gateways, and mixed media applications deployed throughout the network. Unified Communications Manager manages additional combined media services like messaging, voice/video conferencing, and customer collaboration networks. For more information about Progent's Unified Communications Manager support, visit Cisco Unified Communications Manager consulting services.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing software and has been replaced by Cisco Unified CM or CUCM. Progent's consultants can help you to maintain your existing CallManager deployment or migrate smoothly to Cisco's current IP telephony solutions. To find out about Progent's expertise for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other legacy IP voice platforms, visit Cisco CallManager expertise.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable integration with public telephony networks and with users operating beyond the corporate perimeter
like at-home workers. Progent offers consulting expertise for Cisco's legacy IP gateways such as the UC520, UC540 and UC560 product lines as well as for modern Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway integration consulting.
- Other VoIP Products supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can help you to expand your wide area network architecture to work with these VoIP solutions and deliver online deployment and troubleshooting expertise.
Voice/Video Conferencing for Telecommuters
A wide selection of voice/video conferencing platforms from leading technology companies enable online meetings, video conferencing, chat sessions, and screen sharing for both onsite users and teleworkers. Many companies utilize multiple products to meet the needs of their different partners and clients. Progent's communications experts can help your organization to maintain your current conferencing ecosystem and optimize the experience of your remote employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading communications product that enables presence, IM, voice and video calling and conferencing plus the transparent integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent can provide the skills of Microsoft-certified consultants who can assist you to set up and maintain Skype for Business clients to support your at-home workforce. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business consulting services.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video phone platform for iOS, iPadOS, iPod and macOS computers and smartphones. FaceTime works on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Newer versions of FaceTime support up to 32 concurrent users for voice/video calls. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for FaceTime, see Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports online conferencing for virtually all desktop or mobile devices. Offered through Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex services include sharing discrete content or screens, presentations that embed rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, session recording, plus revision and playback for future reference. For details about Progent's consulting services for Cisco Webex and for additional video conferencing solutions from Cisco, refer to Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a portal for conversations, contacts, and information with capabilities that include IP voice and video calling, persistent threaded chat, plus data sharing. To learn more about Progent's support services for Teams as well as for other Microsoft 365 apps, refer to Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Conferencing Apps supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide configuration and debugging services for these products and
assist your business to tune your network infrastructure to run them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Software for At-Home Workers
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are tightly integrated with Microsoft's popular Office and Microsoft 365 families, offering a powerful environment of productivity apps that create a cohesive user experience for exchanging information throughout a corporate network and on a broad range of endpoint computers. Progent has delivered online consulting support for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange since their initial releases and can help your company to deploy these critical collaboration products to optimize the effectiveness of your remote workers.
SharePoint uses web entities to allow collaboration and knowledge delivery by offering policy-driven delivery of content, business processes, and utilities for looking through enterprise-wide business data. SharePoint allows you to create protected portals that allows at-home workforce to view and edit consolidated corporate intelligence via Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social networking sites, and Web Parts. For details about Progent's SharePoint consulting services, visit SharePoint configuration and development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To learn about Progent's Exchange expertise, go to planning and configuration consulting for Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoft's shared cloud-based file hosting and synchronization service, similar to GoogleDrive. Remote users can store files to the OneDrive service, and colleagues can access them securely via a browser. Provided with Microsoft Office and Microsoft 365, OneDrive allows remote workers to co-author files. Revisions created offline are synced when you reconnect to the Internet. To learn about Progent's consulting expertise for OneDrive, go to Onedrive configuration experts.
Public Cloud Integration for Remote Workers
Progent can provide affordable remote assistance for helping organizations to build, manage and repair cohesive network models that include physical data centers, at-home workers, branches, and cloud resources. Progent can provide top-tier consultant for all modes of cloud service delivery such as Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help teleworkers resolve issues with cloud access, authentication, and security.
Azure is a leading platform for public cloud software and services that enables you to utilize infrastructure, servers, and key apps running on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Azure features more than one hundred cloud-based services including the ability to host Windows and Linux-powered virtual machines, scalable cloud storage, messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and data protection. Progent can assist your organization to set up virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, configure storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity management with Azure AD, and design backup and recovery solutions with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also help you create secure connections to Azure services for teleworkers by setting up and debugging firewalls and VPN tunnels. To learn about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Azure, visit Microsoft Azure consulting.
Microsoft 365, previously branded Office 365, is Microsoft's popular suite of client productivity applications and cloud-based services offered by subscription. Office apps and cloud services are provided in a selection of plans intended for users ranging from students and households to large enterprises. Progent can provide fast and easy online contact with experts knowledgeable about Microsoft 365-compatible endpoint devices running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent's experts can help you to evaluate the various subscription plans available for Microsoft 365 and configure 365 applications for your remote workers to achieve maximum business value. To learn about Progent's expertise for Microsoft 365, visit Microsoft 365 integration expertise.
Microsoft 365 Exchange Online is one of the most popular applications in Azure-hosted Microsoft 365 product suite. Microsoft 365 Exchange Online provides the benefits of reduced costs for data center infrastructure, easier management, dynamic scaling, high availability, and other advantages associated with public clouds. Microsoft has engineered Exchange Online to operate transparently with local Exchange environments, enabling customers to create hybrid networks. Progent's Exchange experts are available for occasional assistance to guide you through challenging technical roadblocks and also offer end-to-end project management outsourcing to make sure your teleworkers have convenient and secure access to your Microsoft 365 Exchange Online environment. For details Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft 365 Exchange Online, refer to Exchange Online integration and support expertise.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a pioneer in the public cloud computing arena and is the world's leading source of cloud-based services. Progent can provide rapid and economical online contact with cloud connectivity experts who can assist your business to design, implement, maintain, and troubleshoot hybrid IT networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud services with on-premises resources and with other public clouds such as Microsoft Azure. Progent also can provide access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to assist your company to build a high-availability network model to make sure your users have a productive computing environment whether they are working from your main office, a remote branch, at home, or on the road. For details about Progent's consulting services for Amazon AWS, refer to Amazon AWS consulting support.
Google Cloud Platform (GCP) is a popular suite of public cloud services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can assist your business to extend your existing IT resources with the Google Cloud, and Progent's database experts can show you how to make your key apps cloud friendly so your telecommuters can benefit fully from Google Cloud Platform services. Progent can help your organization to set up virtual machines on Google Cloud Compute Engine, plan an efficient storage system with GCP Storage services, and simplify access management for teleworkers with GCP Cloud Identity services. Progent's experts can also help you to use GCP's unified management technology to administer and monitor your GCP environment. For details, refer to Google Cloud Platform integration services.
Help Desk Support for At-Home Workers
A rapid, organization-wide switchover to a telecommuter business model, which could be driven by an epidemic or as a component of a disaster recovery/business continuity preparedness plan, can overstretch even the most efficient internal Help Desk. Progent's Help Desk Call Center services make it possible for organizations to outsource or augment their Call Center by using Progent's online Technical Response Center (TRC) services.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk Call Center support services utilize Progent's nationwide network of online technical support specialists combined with world-class ticketing and follow-up technology to provide an economical, state-of-the-art Help Desk Call Center. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide a comprehensive solution that handles all facets of online Level 1 desktop support from help requests through ticket generation, desktop sharing, issue resolution, and incident reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal enables teleworkers to check or revise their current trouble tickets, enter information, and append screen captures and attachments. Desktop support services are provided at a substantial discount off Progent's ordinary Level 1 desktop support charges, and Progent makes available optional rapid escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 support experts to deal with advanced issues. To find out more, visit Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small and mid-size companies.
- Progent's Help Desk Supplemental Service enables your company to expand your existing Help Desk Call Center staff by sharing delivery of Call Desk services seamlessly between your in-house support staff and Progent's extensive roster of PC support technicians and subject matter experts. Progent's co-managed Call Desk service uses a co-sourcing support solution utilizing the number one professional services automation tool for managing service requests and ticketing, establishing ownership, monitoring progress, and producing management reports. For information about how Progent's Call Center Supplementation Services can help your business to provide best-in-class IT support to your teleworkers, visit Progent's Help Desk Call Center supplementation Services.
Cybersecurity for Telecommuters
Work-from-Home (WFH) staff members commonly use their own computing devices and often work in a poorly secured physical space. This situation multiplies their vulnerability to cyber attacks and calls for judicious configuration of firewalls, AV tools, MFA-based identity verification, remote monitoring, intensive end-user education, and the creation of security policies built on leading practices. Progent's veteran group of data security support consultants can help you to design, deploy and manage a compliant cybersecurity solution that protects critical information assets in environments that incorporate an at-home workforce.
Firewalls allow companies to build a network environment that can be safely utilized by on-premises users as well as by telecommuters, mobile users, suppliers, customers, and other stakeholders. Next-generation firewall appliances allow you to assign and manage appropriate permissions to various classes of users and to expand your network and modify your cybersecurity posture as your company evolves and as cyber threats grow increasingly sophisticated. Progent supports both new and legacy security appliances from all leading manufacturers including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, and Fortinet. For more information about Progent's firewall integration expertise, go to firewall support expertise.
Online Endpoint Monitoring makes it easy to track the disparate computers utilized by an at-home workforce and either block or spot and respond to the latest threats like ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a small-footprint software agent is put on every protected endpoint, watching all activity and utilizing advanced machine learning and full execution context from SentinelOne to detect new threats on arrival. When an attack is spotted, ProSight Active Security Monitoring immediately isolates the targeted endpoint device from the corporate network to quarantine the threat. Since the ProSight Active Security Monitoring software agent is self-contained, endpoints remain protected even when they are offline. Progent is a SentinelOne Partner, dealer, and integrator. To learn more about ProSight ASM, visit remote endpoint security monitoring for telecommuters.
Progent's Duo authentication service plans utilize Cisco's Duo technology to defend against stolen passwords through the use of two-factor authentication (2FA). Duo enables single-tap identity confirmation on Apple iOS, Google Android, and other personal devices. With Duo 2FA, when you sign into a secured online account and give your password you are requested to verify who you are via a device that only you have and that uses a different ("out-of-band") network channel. A wide selection of out-of-band devices can be utilized for this added form of ID validation including an iPhone or Android or watch, a hardware/software token, a landline phone, etc. You may register multiple verification devices. For more information about Duo two-factor identity validation services, go to Duo MFA two-factor authentication services for an at-home workforce.
Security Audits can evaluate the vulnerability of your information system to all types of external and internal security attacks for a network that includes telecommuters. Progent can run online, automated cybersecurity inventory software for rapidly and economically detecting a wide variety of security weaknesses that can be surfaced via the Internet. Progent's endpoint security assessment experts, which can be managed by security professionals with advanced certifications such as CISM, CISSP, and GIAC, can help your company to audit your workflows and governance policies and review your network infrastructure to allow you to design the highest level of security for your remote workers.
Download White Paper: Securing a Work-From-Home (WFH) Environment
To read or download a white paper describing critical things to concentrate on for securing an IT environment that incorporates telecommuters, click:
Protecting a Work-From-Home (WFH) Environment White Paper. (PDF - 2.4 MB)
Data Protection for Remote Workers
Data Protection involves backing up and restoring vital data so as to prevent data loss and minimize recovery time in case of storage system problems resulting from equipment breakdowns, programming glitches, operator mistakes, cyber attack, or other causes. Dependable data protection solutions can be particularly difficult to architect and maintain in hybrid networks that incorporate private data centers, cloud resources, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Restore strategies for telecommuters must address diverse kinds of personally owned endpoint devices. Progent offers fast online access to consultants knowledgeable about a wide array of products for backing up Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX servers and desktops as well as laptops, tablets and handhelds. Leading backup/restore solutions supported by Progent's data protection experts include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Mozy, and Time Machine. To back up resources spread throughout a hybrid network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services, a managed backup/recovery subscription service that uses cloud storage and includes granular restore and centralized management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity strategies typically anticipate circumstances that call for a rapid switch to telecommuting. Progent's senior disaster recovery preparedness experts and business continuity specialists can assist your business to develop, document and validate a DR/BC plan that includes the logistics of moving to telecommuting.
Unified Management for Teleworkers
Microsoft has renamed and reshuffled its endpoint management platforms under the name Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud-based management of remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing local computers. Endpoint Manager offers a unified environment for safeguarding corporate data by controlling local, mobile, and at-home endpoint devices.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also features Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and protecting off-premises devices and applications. Remote endpoint computers can be user owned or company owned. Network administrators managing the endpoint computers of telecommuters can utilize Intune to deploy and validate apps on devices, push patches and certificates, configure rules for permission to access information and resources, manage passwords, establish VPN tunnels, control how home-based workers share data, establish threat defense, ensure security compliance, and erase corporate information from lost, stolen or deactivated devices. Microsoft Intune works with Apple iOS, Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X devices. For information about Microsoft Intune and to find out how Progent can assist your company to use this platform to administer the endpoint computers of your teleworkers, refer to Intune remote endpoint management experts.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced unified Mobile Device Management (MDM) platform that helps network administrators to keep offsite endpoint devices current and protected. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch for unified endpoint management combined with VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery technology for access control, app management, and configuration management of endpoint computers. Workspace ONE runs with endpoints powered by Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or popular distros of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-site product through a perpetual license. Top features of VMware Workspace ONE include fast remote deployment of out-of-the-box laptops, immediate onboarding of new users, policy setting and enforcement for all classes of endpoints, unifies reporting and analytics, email encryption, and tight integration with Microsoft apps and cloud services. For information about Progent's support for VMware Workspace ONE, visit VMware Workspace ONE mobile endpoint management consultants.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Expertise
To contact Progent about building and maintaining an efficient work-from-home solution for your Centennial, Colorado company, phone 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.