Expanding your remote workforce may have a significant impact on IT infrastructure, security, and company processes. Progent has two decades of background helping small and mid-size businesses to plan, deploy, manage, optimize, and troubleshoot IT networks that incorporate work-from-home employees. Progent can assist your Chandler organization to pick the right tools and follow leading practices in creating and maintaining a safe virtual ecosystem for telecommuters that promotes collaboration and returns maximum business value. Progent offers services ranging from on demand expertise for getting you over occasional technical bottlenecks to comprehensive project management to help you successfully complete business-critical tasks.
Progent's consultants can help Chandler, Arizona businesses to with any facet of creating a high-functioning work-at-home ecosystem by delivering infrastructure configuration services, VoIP PBX troubleshooting, voice/video conferencing support, collaboration platform customization and training, public cloud integration, Call Desk outsourcing, security monitoring, backup/restore solutions, and unified management.
Infrastructure for a Remote Workforce
Integrating the network infrastructure required for a remote work environment can be especially complicated if you must manage a mix of personal hardware like desktop computers and notebooks, Internet routers, and Wi-Fi APs from an assortment of vendors and with a mix of operating systems and firmware levels. Progent's background providing online help for both legacy as well as modern IT products in virtual office venues allows you to make efficient use of your available infrastructure and offers fast access to top-tire consultants for implement essential upgrades. Support services offered by Progent to assist you to create a productive work-at-home infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network connectivity allows you to create a secure tunnel for authorized remote employees to use IT assets located at your company data center or in a public cloud. Progent can help you to configure and maintain VPN connections between your teleworkers and your various network resources by providing online VPN configuration support. For businesses with Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA Firewall experts can help your at-home workers to utilize Cisco's popular AnyConnect client software for safe VPN tunneling for a wide selection of devices such as Microsoft Windows, macOS, iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) platforms allow a teleworker to view and use a data center PC's desktop. This gives IT managers substantial control over the digital environment of telecommuters and ensures them a consistent and more productive experience. Progent's VDI consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI expertise.
- Routers attach home networks to the Internet and support VPN tunnels, home Wi-Fi networks, and firewalls. Progent offers expert online support for integrating home routers from a variety of manufacturers. See router integration services from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wireless networks, typically supporting the whole family and visitors, are frequently used by at-home employees to connect to their Internet router for work. This can create throughput and security issues. Progent can help businesses to mitigate these problems by delivering services that include Cisco Aironet configuration expertise, Cisco Meraki wireless deployment consulting, and Ubiquiti Unifi wireless access point integration assistance.
- Internet access methods impact the performance and availability of connections between at-home workers and the company data center. Mission-critical processes may demand redundant Internet access in the event the normal connection breaks. Progent can provide guidance for picking service providers, picking appropriate bandwidth and data volume packages, and configuring redundant Internet connections. Refer to Internet connectivity integration services.
IP Voice Solutions for At-Home Workers
Extending the corporate PBX environment to include telecommuters is critical to maintaining an effective at-home workforce. A variety of cloud-based IP voice products are used by SMBs to support telecommuters. Many enterprises depend on Cisco's modern or older products for IP voice management. Progent can help organizations of any size to design or tune a telecommuter VoIP environment that delivers the flexibility, convenience and security required for teleworkers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice consultants offer advanced support to assist businesses tune their current Cisco IP voice environments to support a growing at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) delivers advanced telephony features to devices such as VoIP phones, media processing products, VoIP gateways, and mixed media software used across the network. Unified Communications Manager manages additional combined media services like unified messaging, video conferencing, and team collaboration networks. For more information about Progent's CUCM expertise, see Cisco Unified CM consulting services.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing software and has been superseded by Cisco Unified CM or CUCM. Progent can assist you to support your current CallManager deployment or migrate smoothly to Cisco's modern IP telephony products. To find out about Progent's support services for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other early VoIP products, refer to CallManager consulting.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable connectivity with public telephony networks and with users operating beyond the corporate perimeter
like telecommuters. Progent can provide consulting expertise for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways including the UC520, UC540 and UC560 series as well as for current Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway integration consulting.
- Additional VoIP Platforms supported by Progent include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can help you to update your WAN architecture to work with these solutions and provide as-needed integration and debugging services.
Video Conferencing for Telecommuters
A broad selection of video conferencing platforms from leading technology companies support virtual meetings, video conferencing, chat sessions, and content sharing for both local users and telecommuters. Many companies utilize a mix of products to accommodate their various partners and customers. Progent can assist your organization to maintain your existing voice/video conferencing ecosystem and optimize the experience of your at-home workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular unified communications product that enables presence, IM, audio and video calling and conferencing plus the transparent integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications such as PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent offers the expertise of Microsoft-certified consultants who can assist you to deploy and manage Skype for Business clients to support your remote workforce. For details about Progent's consulting services for Skype for Business, refer to Skype for Business integration services.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video calling platform for compatible iOS, iPadOS, iPod and macOS devices. FaceTime works on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Later versions of FaceTime allow as many as 32 simultaneous users for voice/video calls. For details about Progent's consulting services for FaceTime, visit Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides online conferencing for virtually all desktop or mobile devices. Delivered through Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex services include sharing specific content or screens, presentations that embed rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint, session recording, plus revision and playback for training. For details about Progent's support expertise for Webex and for other video conferencing products from Cisco, refer to Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams provides a portal for conversations, contacts, and content with capabilities that include voice/video conferencing, persistent threaded chat, plus data sharing. For details about Progent's consulting services for Teams and for other Microsoft 365 products, refer to Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver integration and troubleshooting expertise for these conferencing platforms and
assist you to optimize your WAN architecture to host them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Platforms for At-Home Workers
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are closely integrated with Microsoft's popular Office and Microsoft 365 families, providing a powerful ecosystem of applications that deliver a consistent user experience for exchanging information throughout a corporate network and on a wide range of endpoints. Progent has delivered remote consulting support for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange since their initial publication and can help businesses to configure these flagship collaboration platforms to optimize the productivity of your remote workforce.
SharePoint utilizes web entities to enable collaboration and knowledge delivery by offering policy-based access to data, business processes, and tools for looking through company-wide business data. SharePoint permits you to build protected web portals that permits remote workforce to see and update aggregated corporate intelligence via Wikis, Blogs, social networking web sites, and Web Parts. For details about Progent's SharePoint expertise, see SharePoint integration and development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To find out about Progent's Exchange expertise, go to planning and configuration expertise for Microsoft Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoftís shared cloud file hosting and synchronization service, comparable to GoogleDrive. Remote users can save files to OneDrive, and colleagues can access them securely through a web browser. Included with Microsoft 365, OneDrive allows remote workers to co-author documents. Edits made offline are uploaded when you reconnect to the Internet. For information about Progent's consulting expertise for OneDrive, go to Onedrive integration experts.
Cloud Integration for Teleworkers
Progent can provide affordable remote assistance for helping organizations to build, maintain and repair integrated network models that combine internal data centers, teleworkers, branch offices, plus cloud resources. Progent offers expertise for all types of public cloud service including Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service. Progent can help telecommuters resolve issues with public cloud connectivity, authentication, and cybersecurity.
Azure is a popular family of public cloud services that allows you to use infrastructure, virtual servers, and critical applications hosted on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Azure includes over 100 cloud-based services such as the ability to host Windows and Linux-based virtual machines, on-demand cloud storage, email and messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and data backup. Progent can help you to deploy virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, configure cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity management with Azure AD, and plan data backup and restore solutions with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also help you create secure connections to Azure for teleworkers by setting up and troubleshooting firewall appliances and VPN IPsec tunnels. To find out about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Azure, refer to Microsoft Azure consulting.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's popular suite of client productivity software and cloud services offered by subscription. Microsoft applications and cloud services are marketed in a variety of plans intended for customers ranging from students and households to large enterprises. Progent offers quick and affordable remote contact with consultants knowledgeable about Microsoft 365-compatible client devices running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent's experts can help your business to evaluate the various subscription plans offered with Microsoft 365 and deploy 365 applications for your teleworkers to achieve maximum business value. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Office 365, refer to Microsoft 365 consulting services.
Office 365 Exchange Online is one of the most widely used applications in the Microsoft 365 product line. Microsoft 365 Exchange Online offers the benefits of lower spending for data center infrastructure, simplified management, dynamic scaling, high availability, and other advantages inherent with public clouds. Microsoft has designed Office 365 Exchange Online to operate transparently with on-premises deployments of Exchange, enabling customers to build hybrid cloud/onsite networks. Progent's certified Exchange consultants are available for as-needed assistance to get you past tough technical bottlenecks and also offer comprehensive project management services to make sure your remote workers have convenient and secure access to your Office 365 Exchange Online environment. To learn Progent's support services for Office 365 Exchange Online, go to Exchange Online integration and troubleshooting expertise.
Amazon AWS is a trailblazer in the public cloud market and is the industry's leading provider of cloud services. Progent offers rapid and economical online access to cloud connectivity experts who can assist your business to plan, implement, manage, and debug hybrid IT networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud services with local resources and with other popular cloud platforms such as Microsoft Azure. Progent also offers the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to assist your company to build a high-availability network architecture to make sure your users have a consistent computing environment whether they are working from your main office, a branch office, from home, or on the move. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Amazon AWS, refer to Amazon AWS integration services.
Google Cloud (GCP) is a popular collection of cloud services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can assist your organization to expand your current IT resources with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's DBA experts can help you make your mission-critical apps cloud friendly so your telecommuters can take full advantage of Google Cloud services. Progent's consultants can assist your business to deploy VMs on GCP Compute Engine, plan an efficient storage solution with GCP Storage, and streamline access control for telecommuters with GCP Cloud Identity. Progent's experts can also assist your organization to use GCP's management technology to administer and track your GCP environment. For information, go to Google Cloud Platform integration expertise.
Help Desk Call Center Services for Teleworkers
A sudden, organization-wide switchover to a telecommuter business model, which might be motivated by a pandemic or as part of a business continuity plan, can overstretch even a high-performing internal Help Desk. Progent's Help Desk services make it possible for businesses of any size to outsource or expand their Help Desk by using Progent's online Technical Response Center (TRC) team.
- Progent's Standard Call Center support services utilize Progent's extensive network of remote technical support experts combined with enterprise-class ticketing and follow-up software to offer an economical, state-of-the-art Help Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide a comprehensive solution that addresses all aspects of remote Level 1 PC support from initial service requests to ticket generation, desktop sharing, issue resolution, and incident reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal enables telecommuters to monitor or update their current trouble tickets, add details, and append screenshots and relevant files. Technical support services are provided at a significant price reduction off Progent's ordinary Level 1 technical service rates, and Progent makes available optional rapid escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 support specialists to resolve complex problems. To learn more, see Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small businesses.
- Progent's Support Desk Augmentation Service enables your business to expand your current Call Desk staff by splitting delivery of Help Desk support services seamlessly between your regular support personnel and Progent's nationwide roster of PC support technicians and subject matter experts. Progent's shared Support Desk service uses a co-sourcing support model utilizing the number one professional services automation (PSA) tool for managing service requests and ticketing, assigning responsibility, tracking progress, and generating management reports. To learn how Progent's Help Desk Augmentation Services can enable your company to deliver world-class desktop support to your at-home employees, visit Progent's Help Desk Call Center augmentation Services.
Security and Compliance for Remote Workers
Remote workers commonly run their personal equipment and work in an unsecured area. This worsens their vulnerability to cyber threats and demands judicious use of security appliances, remote security monitoring, and the enforcement of security policies that adhere to best practices. Progent's veteran team of certified data security experts can help your business to design, deploy and manage a compliant cybersecurity environment that safeguards sensitive information in IT networks that include at-home workers.
- Firewalls enable companies to build a network environment that can be safely accessed by on-premises users as well as by an at-home workforce, mobile workers, suppliers, customers, and other stakeholders. Next-generation firewall devices permit you to assign and manage appropriate access rights to different classes of users and to scale your network and modify your security as your company evolves and as cyber threats grow more complex. Progent works with both new and legacy security appliances from all leading vendors including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, and Fortinet. For more information about Progent's firewall integration expertise, see firewall support services.
- Remote Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it possible to track the disparate computers used by teleworkers and either block or spot and mitigate modern threats such as ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a lightweight software agent is put on each protected endpoint, monitoring all activity and utilizing advanced behavioral threat analysis to identify zero-day attacks at inception. When a cyberattack is discovered, ProSight Active Security Monitoring immediately isolates the targeted endpoint from the corporate network to contain the threat. Since the ProSight ASM software agent is self-contained, endpoints remain secure even when they are disconnected from the Internet. For more information about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, refer to remote endpoint security monitoring for at-home workers.
- Security Audits can assess the exposure of your network to all classes of external and local security threats for a network that includes remote workers. Progent can deploy online, automated security analysis scanning for quickly and affordably detecting a broad range of security holes that can be found via the Internet. Progent's endpoint security assessment experts, which can be provided by network security experts with top credentials including CISM, CISSP, and GIAC, can assist your company to audit your procedures and policies and review your network infrastructure to allow you to implement top-level security for your telecommuters.
Data Protection for Teleworkers
Data Protection covers saving and recovering vital information in order to avoid data loss and reduce restoration time in case of storage problems resulting from hardware breakdowns, software hiccups, human error, cyber attack, or any other reason. Dependable data protection strategies can be particularly difficult to design and manage in hybrid networks that combine in-house data centers, cloud resources, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Recovery solutions for telecommuters must address diverse types of personally owned endpoints. Progent can provide fast remote access to consultants knowledgeable about a wide array of products for protection Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktop computers as well as notebooks, iOS and Android tablets and handhelds. Popular backup/restore solutions maintained by Progent's data protection consultants include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, CrashPlan, Mozy, and Time Machine. To back up resources distributed throughout a hybrid network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services, a backup/recovery service that utilizes cloud storage and features fine-grained recovery and centralized management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity strategies often envision scenarios that require a rapid switch to telecommuting. Progent's expert disaster recovery preparedness experts and business continuity specialists can help your business to develop, document and validate a DR/BC plan that includes the process of moving to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for At-Home Workers
Microsoft has rebranded and reshuffled its endpoint management platforms under the name Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud management of remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing local endpoints. Microsoft Endpoint Manager features a centralized solution for protecting critical information by controlling on-premises, mobile, and at-home endpoint devices.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also features Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and securing off-premises computers and applications. Managed endpoint devices can be personally owned or company owned. Network admins managing the endpoint computers of teleworkers can use Intune to provision and validate apps on devices, push patches and certificates, configure rules for permission to access data and resources, manage passwords, establish VPN tunnels, determine how telecommuters share information, establish threat protection, verify compliance, and wipe sensitive data from lost, stolen or decommissioned devices. Microsoft Intune can be used with Apple iOS, Android, Windows, and macOS computers. For details about Intune and how Progent can help your company to use this platform to manage the endpoint computers of your at-home workforce, go to Intune teleworker endpoint management experts.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced centralized Mobile Device Management (MDM) product that allows network managers to keep off-premises endpoint devices up to date and protected. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch for centralized endpoint management along with VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery platform for identity control, application management, and setup management of endpoint devices. Workspace ONE operates with devices based on Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-premises product through a perpetual license. Top capabilities of VMware Workspace ONE include fast remote provisioning of new notebooks, quick onboarding of new employees, policy set up and enforcement for all classes of devices, aggregated management reporting and analytics, an email encryption gateway, and seamless integration with Microsoft apps and cloud-based services. For information about Progent's support for VMware Workspace ONE, refer to VMware Workspace ONE mobile device management consultants.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Support Services
To contact Progent about building and managing a productive telecommuter solution for your Chandler, Arizona organization, phone 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.