Enlarging your at-home workforce can have a major effect on network infrastructure, security/compliance, and corporate workflows. Progent has two decades of background assisting businesses of all sizes to design, configure, administer, optimize, and debug IT networks that incorporate a remote workforce. Progent can assist your Chandler organization to select the right technologies and adhere to leading practices in creating and maintaining a secure virtual office solution for telecommuters that promotes collaboration and delivers maximum business value. Progent offers support services ranging from as-needed expertise for helping you over occasional technical roadblocks to comprehensive project management or co-management to help you successfully complete mission-critical tasks.
Progent's consultants can help Chandler, Arizona businesses to with any facet of creating a high-functioning work-from-home ecosystem by providing infrastructure configuration services, VoIP PBX troubleshooting, voice/video conferencing support, collaboration platform customization and training, cloud connectivity, Help Desk outsourcing, cybersecurity, backup/restore solutions, and centralized management.
Network Infrastructure for a Remote Workforce
Setting up the network infrastructure needed to support an at-home workforce can be particularly challenging if you have to manage a mix of worker-owned equipment like PCs and notebooks, routers, and Wi-Fi appliances from different manufacturers and with a mix of OS software and firmware levels. Progent's background providing remote support for both outdated as well as modern IT products in remote office venues allows you to make cost-effective use of your available network infrastructure and offers ready access to top-tire consultants for making necessary upgrades. Support services offered by Progent to help your company to create a high-functioning work-at-home ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network technology allows you to establish a secure tunnel for authorized remote employees to access IT resources situated at your company datacenter or in the cloud. Progent's consultants can help you to deploy and maintain VPN access between your teleworkers and your key network resources by providing remote VPN integration consulting. For businesses using Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA Firewall experts can assist your at-home workers to utilize Cisco's AnyConnect client software to provide secure VPN connections for a wide selection of devices including Microsoft Windows, Mac, Apple iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure platforms enable a teleworker to view and use a remote computer's desktop. This gives network managers substantial control over the digital ecosystem of telecommuters and offers them a familiar experience. Progent's VDI services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI solutions.
- Routers attach at-home computer networks to the Internet and support VPN connections, home Wi-Fi connectivity, and firewall services. Progent can provide expert remote support for deploying routers from a variety of manufacturers. See router integration services from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, often supporting an entire household and visitors, are commonly utilized by at-home employees to connect to their router for work. This can create performance as well as cybersecurity issues. Progent can assist businesses to mitigate these problems by providing services that include Aironet integration consulting, Cisco-certified Meraki wireless installation consulting, and Ubiquiti Unifi WiFi access point integration help.
- Internet access solutions impact the performance and availability of connections between at-home workers and the company network. Mission-critical applications might demand redundant Internet access in case the normal connection fails. Progent offers guidance for selecting Internet service providers, picking sensible service offerings, and integrating redundant Internet connections. Refer to Internet connectivity integration services.
VoIP Solutions for Remote Workers
Expanding the corporate PBX system to include teleworkers is vital to supporting an effective at-home workforce. A variety of cloud-based VoIP platforms are popular with small and mid-size businesses to support telecommuters. Many enterprises depend on Cisco's modern or legacy platforms for VoIP solutions. Progent can help organizations of any size to design or maintain a remote VoIP environment that delivers the flexibility, convenience and security required for at-home workers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice consultants offer advanced support to assist organizations tune their existing Cisco IP voice systems to handle a growing remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) extends high-end telephony capabilities to devices like VoIP phones, media processing products, Voice over IP gateways, and multimedia apps deployed throughout the network. CUCM manages other mixed media services like unified messaging, video conferencing, and customer interaction networks. For details about Progent's CUCM expertise, see Cisco Unified Communications Manager expertise.
- CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing software and has been replaced by CUCM. Progent can assist you to maintain your current CallManager deployment or upgrade smoothly to Cisco's modern IP telephony products. For details about Progent's support services for CallManager and Cisco's other older IP voice platforms, refer to CallManager consulting services.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide integration with PSTN networks and with clients operating outside the corporate perimeter
like telecommuters. Progent offers consulting expertise for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways like the UC520, UC540 and UC560 product lines and for current Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway configuration consulting.
- Other VoIP Products supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can assist you to enhance your wide area network architecture to support these solutions and deliver online configuration and debugging services.
Voice/Video Conferencing for Telecommuters
A broad selection of voice/video conferencing products from major vendors enable virtual meetings, video conferencing, chat sessions, and screen sharing for both local workers and teleworkers. Many companies utilize a mix of conferencing products to accommodate their different partners and customers. Progent's communications experts can help you to maintain your current conferencing environment and enhance the experience of your at-home workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular unified communications product that enables real-time presence, IM, audio and video conferencing plus the seamless integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent can provide the skills of Microsoft-certified specialists who can help you to deploy and manage Skype for Business client software to support your remote employees. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business consulting experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video phone platform for iOS, iPadOS, iPod and macOS computers and smartphones. FaceTime works over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Current editions of FaceTime allow up to 32 concurrent users for voice/video sessions. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for FaceTime, refer to Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides remote conferencing for virtually all computing devices. Offered through Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex services include sharing granular content or computer screens, presentations that incorporate rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, session recording, plus editing and playback for training. To learn more about Progent's support services for Webex and for additional IP video solutions from Cisco, refer to Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a hub for conferencing, contacts, and content with features that include voice/video conferencing, persistent chat, plus file sharing. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Microsoft Teams as well as for additional Microsoft 365 products, see Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Conferencing Apps supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide integration and debugging services for these products and
help your business to optimize your WAN architecture to run them.
Microsoft Collaboration Platforms for Telecommuters
Microsoft's collaboration products are tightly integrated with Microsoft's popular Office and Microsoft 365 suites, providing a rich environment of applications that deliver a cohesive user experience for exchanging information across a corporate network and on a broad selection of endpoint devices. Progent has delivered online consulting services for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange Server since their initial publication and can help businesses to tune these critical collaboration products to maximize the effectiveness of your remote workforce.
SharePoint uses web sites to enable collaboration and knowledge sharing by providing policy-driven delivery of content, business processes, and tools for looking through company-wide information silos. SharePoint enables you to create secure portals that allows remote workers to see and edit aggregated corporate intelligence via Wikis, Blogs, social web sites, and Web Parts. To find out about Progent's SharePoint expertise, visit SharePoint integration and development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To find out about Progent's Exchange support services, refer to planning and configuration expertise for Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoft's collaborative cloud-based file hosting and synchronization service, similar to GoogleDrive. At-home users can store files to the OneDrive service, and colleagues anywhere can retrieve them securely through a browser. Included with Office and Microsoft 365, OneDrive allows remote employees to jointly author files. Edits made offline are automatically synced when you reconnect to the Internet. To find out about Progent's support services for OneDrive, go to Microsoft Onedrive configuration consulting.
Cloud Integration Services for At-Home Workers
Progent can provide fast and affordable online assistance for helping organizations to create, manage and troubleshoot integrated network architectures that incorporate internal data centers, teleworkers, branch offices, plus public cloud resources. Progent can provide expertise for all types of cloud service delivery such as Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service. Progent can help telecommuters fix issues with public cloud connectivity, authentication, and cybersecurity.
Microsoft Azure is a leading platform for cloud software and services that allows you to use IT infrastructure, virtual servers, and key apps hosted on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Azure offers over one hundred services services such as the ability to host Windows and Linux-based virtual machines, scalable cloud storage, email and messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and backup/restore. Progent can help your organization to deploy virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity control with Azure AD, and plan data backup and restore solutions with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also help you create protected connections to Azure for telecommuters by configuring and troubleshooting firewalls and VPN tunnels. For information about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Azure, go to Microsoft Azure consulting.
Microsoft 365, formerly called Office 365, is Microsoft's popular family of business productivity applications and cloud-based services offered on a subscription basis. Office apps and cloud services are provided in a variety of plans intended for customers ranging from students and households to major enterprises. Progent offers quick and affordable online contact with consultants knowledgeable about Microsoft 365-compatible devices based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent's experts can help you to assess the numerous subscription plans available for Microsoft 365 and deploy 365 apps for your remote workers in a way that delivers maximum business value. For details about Progent's expertise for Microsoft 365, refer to Microsoft 365 consulting services.
Microsoft 365 Exchange Online is one of the most popular applications in Azure-hosted Microsoft 365 product suite. Microsoft 365 Exchange Online provides the benefits of reduced costs for data center infrastructure, simplified management, dynamic scaling, high reliability, and other benefits associated with public clouds. Microsoft has engineered Microsoft 365 Exchange Online to run transparently with on-premises deployments of Exchange, enabling customers to build hybrid cloud/onsite information systems. Progent's certified Exchange consultants are available for occasional assistance to guide you through tough technical bottlenecks and also offer comprehensive project management outsourcing to make sure your at-home workers have easy and secure access to your Microsoft 365 Exchange Online environment. For details Progent's expertise for Microsoft 365 Exchange Online, go to Microsoft 365 Exchange Online configuration and support expertise.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a trailblazer in the public cloud computing market and is the industry's top source of cloud services. Progent offers rapid and economical online access to cloud connectivity consultants who can assist your business to design, implement, manage, and debug hybrid IT networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with on-premises data centers and with other popular cloud platforms such as Microsoft Azure. Progent also offers access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to help your company to build a high-availability network architecture to make sure your users have a productive computing environment regardless of whether they are working from your main office, a branch office, at home, or on the road. To find out about Progent's consulting services for Amazon AWS, visit Amazon AWS integration support.
Google Cloud (GCP) is a popular suite of cloud computing services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can assist your organization to scale your existing IT assets with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's DBA consultants can help you make your critical applications cloud ready so your remote workers can take full advantage of Google Cloud services. Progent can help you to set up virtual machines on Google Cloud Compute Engine, plan a cost-effective storage solution with GCP Storage services, and simplify access management for telecommuters with GCP Cloud Identity. Progent's consultants can also help your business to use GCP's management tools to control and monitor your GCP ecosystem. To find out, see Google Cloud Platform (GCP) integration support.
Help Desk Call Center Services for Teleworkers
An emergency, organization-wide switchover to a telecommuter workforce, which could be the result of a pandemic or as part of a disaster recovery process, can overstretch even a high-performing in-house Call Desk. Progent's Call Center services allow businesses of any size to outsource or supplement their Help Desk with Progent's online Technical Response Center (TRC) services.
- Progent's Standard Support Desk support services utilize Progent's extensive network of online technical support experts along with enterprise-class trouble ticketing and tracking technology to offer an economical, advanced Call Center. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide a comprehensive solution that addresses all facets of online Level 1 PC support from service requests to ticket generation, desktop sharing, issue resolution, and reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal allows at-home employees to monitor or revise the status of their current tickets, enter information, and upload screenshots or relevant files. Support services are delivered at a substantial price reduction off Progent's normal Level 1 technical service rates, and Progent makes available optional fast hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 support specialists to deal with complex issues. For details, see Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small and mid-size companies.
- Progent's Support Desk Augmentation Service enables your business to expand your existing Help Desk team by sharing delivery of Support Desk support transparently between your regular support staff and Progent's extensive pool of desktop support engineers and subject matter experts. Progent's shared Support Desk service uses a collective support model utilizing the leading professional services automation (PSA) platform for handling help requests and trouble tickets, assigning responsibility, monitoring progress, and producing reports. For information about how Progent's Call Center Augmentation Services can help your business to provide world-class desktop support to your from-home workers, visit Progent's Help Desk augmentation Services.
Cybersecurity for Remote Workers
Work-from-Home (WFH) workers commonly use their own devices and usually operate in a poorly secured physical area. This situation multiplies their susceptibility to cyber attacks and calls for careful deployment of corporate firewalls, anti-malware tools, multi-factor authentication, remote endpoint monitoring, intensive user education, and the creation of security policies built on best practices. Progent's seasoned team of cybersecurity support consultants can help your business to plan, deploy and manage an effective cybersecurity solution that guards vital information assets in networks that incorporate telecommuters.
Firewalls enable companies to build a network that can be securely utilized by local users as well as by at-home workers, mobile employees, suppliers, clients, and the public. Next-generation firewall appliances permit you to assign and manage different permissions to different groups of users and to expand your network and modify your cybersecurity posture as your company evolves and as cyber threats grow more complex. Progent works with both new and older firewall appliances from all major manufacturers including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. To find out more about Progent's firewall configuration expertise, see firewall configuration and support expertise.
Remote Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it possible to track the disparate computers used by remote workers and either reject or spot and mitigate the latest threats like ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a lightweight agent is put on each protected endpoint, monitoring all activity and using advanced machine learning from SentinelOne to detect new attacks before they can spread. When an attack is spotted, ProSight ASM immediately disconnects the infected endpoint from the network to quarantine the malware. Since the ProSight Active Security Monitoring software agent is self-contained, endpoint devices stay secure even if they are not connected to the Internet. Progent is a SentinelOne Partner, dealer, and integrator. To find out more about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, visit remote endpoint security monitoring for an at-home workforce.
Progent's Duo MFA managed services incorporate Cisco's Duo technology to defend against stolen passwords by using two-factor authentication (2FA). Duo supports single-tap identity confirmation on Apple iOS, Android, and other out-of-band devices. With 2FA, when you log into a secured application and enter your password you are requested to verify your identity via a unit that only you possess and that is accessed using a different network channel. A wide selection of devices can be utilized for this added form of authentication including a smartphone or watch, a hardware token, a landline phone, etc. You may designate multiple validation devices. For more information about ProSight Duo two-factor identity validation services, go to Duo MFA two-factor authentication (2FA) services for teleworkers.
Security Audits can evaluate the vulnerability of your network to all classes of outside and internal security threats for an environment that includes an at-home workforce. Progent can deploy online, automated cybersecurity inventory scanning for rapidly and affordably uncovering a broad range of security holes that can be found over the Internet. Progent's security audit experts, which can be provided by security professionals with top certifications such as CISA, CISSP, and GIAC, can assist your business to evaluate your procedures and governance policies and assess your IT architecture to enable you to implement the highest level of protection for your telecommuters.
Download White Paper: Protecting a Work-From-Home (WFH) Environment
To read or download a white paper describing key things to concentrate on for protecting a network that supports telecommuters, click:
Protecting a Work-From-Home Network White Paper. (PDF - 2.4 MB)
Data Protection Solutions for Teleworkers
The field of Data Protection involves backing up and recovering vital information in order to prevent data loss and reduce restoration time in the event of storage system problems due to hardware issues, programming hiccups, user mistakes, malware, or any other reason. Dependable data protection solutions can be especially challenging to design and maintain in hybrid networks that incorporate in-house data centers, cloud resources, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Restore strategies for an at-home workforce must address multiple types of user-owned endpoint devices. Progent can provide quick remote help from experts knowledgeable about a wide range of products for protection Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktops as well as laptops, iOS and Android tablets and smartphones. Leading backup/recovery solutions maintained by Progent's backup/recovery consultants include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Mozy, and Time Machine. To protect resources distributed throughout a wide area network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a managed backup/recovery service that uses cloud storage and features fine-grained restore and unified management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) strategies commonly anticipate scenarios that call for a quick changeover to an at-home workforce. Progent's senior disaster recovery preparedness consultants and business continuity consultants can assist you to develop, document and validate a DR/BC plan that includes the logistics of switching to telecommuting.
Unified Management for Remote Workers
Microsoft has renamed and reshuffled its endpoint management platforms under the title Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud-based management of mobile and remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing onsite computers. Endpoint Manager offers a unified environment for protecting corporate data by controlling on-premises, mobile, and home-based endpoints.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also includes Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and securing remote devices and software. Remote endpoint devices can be personally owned or company owned. IT administrators managing the enrolled endpoint computers of telecommuters can use Intune to provision and validate apps on managed devices, push updates and certificates, set up policies for accessing data and networks, manage passwords, create VPN tunnels, determine how teleworkers share data, set up threat protection, ensure security compliance, and wipe corporate data from lost, stolen or decommissioned endpoint devices. Microsoft Intune can be used with Apple iOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X devices. For details about Microsoft Intune and how Progent can help you to use this platform to administer the endpoint computers of your at-home workers, go to Intune telecommuter endpoint management expertise.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich centralized Mobile Device Management product that allows network administrators to keep remote endpoints up to date and protected. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch for centralized endpoint management combined with VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery platform for authorization control, application management, and configuration management of endpoints. Workspace ONE runs with devices powered by Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-site deployment through a one-time purchase. Top capabilities of VMware Workspace ONE include rapid over-the-air deployment of out-of-the-box notebooks, immediate onboarding of new employees, policy setting and enforcement for all categories of endpoints, aggregated reporting and analytics, an email encryption gateway, and seamless integration with Microsoft applications and cloud-based products. For details about Progent's expertise for VMware Workspace ONE, visit VMware Workspace ONE mobile device management expertise.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Expertise
To get in touch with Progent about creating and managing an efficient work-from-home environment for your Chandler, Arizona company, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.