Expanding your telecommuter workforce can have a significant impact on IT infrastructure, cybersecurity, and corporate processes. Progent has 20 years of experience helping SMBs to design, configure, manage, optimize, and debug IT networks that support at-home workers. Progent can assist your Chandler company to select the appropriate tools and adhere to best practices in creating and maintaining a secure virtual solution for teleworkers that promotes collaboration and returns top business value. Progent can provide support services that go from on demand guidance for helping you past occasional technical bottlenecks to comprehensive project management to help you successfully complete business-critical initiatives.
Progent's consultants can assist Chandler, Arizona businesses to succeed with any facet of building a high-functioning telecommuting environment by providing infrastructure configuration services, IP voice expertise, voice/video conferencing integration, collaboration platform customization and training, cloud connectivity, Call Desk outsourcing, data security, backup/restore solutions, and streamlined management.
Infrastructure for Teleworkers
Integrating the physical and software infrastructure required to support a remote workforce can be particularly challenging if you must manage a combination of worker-owned hardware such as desktop computers and notebooks, Internet routers, and wireless APs from an assortment of vendors and with a mix of OS software and firmware releases. Progent's experience delivering remote support for both legacy and modern technologies in remote office venues enables you to make cost-effective use of your existing network infrastructure and offers ready access to expertise for implement necessary upgrades. Support services available from Progent to assist you to implement a productive telecommuting ecosystem include:
- VPN technology allows you to establish a safe tunnel for authorized remote employees to use IT resources located at your corporate datacenter or in a public cloud. Progent's consultants can assist you to deploy and maintain VPN access between your teleworkers and your key network resources by providing remote VPN integration support. For organizations with Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA consultants can assist your remote workers to set up Cisco's AnyConnect software to provide secure VPN tunneling for a wide range of devices including Windows, Mac, Apple iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure platforms allow a telecommuter to see and use a remote computer's desktop. This technology gives network managers more control over the computing ecosystem of telecommuters and ensures them a familiar experience. Progent's VDI services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops expertise.
- Routers attach at-home computer networks to the Internet and support VPN tunnels, home wireless connectivity, and firewall services. Progent can provide top-tier remote consulting for deploying routers from a range of manufacturers. See router integration services from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, often shared by families and guests, are commonly utilized by at-home employees to access their Internet router for work. This can create throughput and security issues. Progent can assist you to mitigate these problems by providing expertise like Cisco Aironet integration expertise, Cisco Meraki wireless installation expertise, and Ubiquiti Unifi WiFi AP integration help.
- Internet connectivity methods affect the speed and availability of connections between telecommuters and the company network. Vital applications may require redundant Internet connections in the event the normal connection fails. Progent can provide guidance for selecting ISPs, picking sensible bandwidth and data volume packages, and integrating fault-tolerant Internet connections. Refer to Internet connectivity integration services.
VoIP Integration for an At-Home Workforce
Expanding the corporate PBX environment to accommodate teleworkers is vital to maintaining an effective at-home workforce. A broad range of cloud-centric VoIP platforms are used by SMBs to support remote users. Many larger organizations depend on Cisco's modern or older products for VoIP management. Progent can assist organizations of any size to design or maintain a remote IP voice service that delivers the versatility, convenience and protection needed for teleworkers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice experts offer high-level support to help organizations tune their current Cisco IP voice environments to support an expanding remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM) extends advanced IP telephony capabilities to devices like VoIP phones, media processing products, Voice over IP gateways, and mixed media applications deployed across the network. Unified Communications Manager supports other mixed media services such as unified messaging, video conferencing, and customer collaboration networks. For details about Progent's Cisco Unified CM or CUCM support, refer to Cisco Unified Communications Manager consultants.
- CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing agent and has been replaced by CUCM. Progent can assist you to maintain your current CallManager environment or migrate smoothly to Cisco's modern IP telephony solutions. To learn about Progent's expertise for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other legacy VoIP products, visit Cisco CallManager expertise.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide integration with PSTN networks and with clients operating beyond the corporate firewall
such as at-home workers. Progent can provide consulting expertise for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways such as the UC520, UC540 and UC560 series as well as for current Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway integration consulting.
- Other VoIP Products supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can help you to enhance your wide area network infrastructure to support these solutions and deliver online deployment and debugging expertise.
Voice/Video Conferencing for At-Home Workers
A wide selection of voice/video conferencing platforms from major technology companies enable virtual discussions, video conferencing, chat sessions, and content sharing for both onsite workers and teleworkers. Many companies utilize multiple conferencing products to meet the needs of their various partners and customers. Progent can assist your organization to maintain your current voice/video conferencing environment and optimize the experience of your at-home employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading unified communications product that supports real-time presence, IM, audio and video calling and conferencing plus the transparent integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications such as PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent offers the skills of Microsoft-certified specialists who can assist you to configure and manage Skype for Business client software to support your at-home workforce. To learn more about Progent's support services for Skype for Business, refer to Skype for Business integration services.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video phone platform for iOS, iPadOS, iPod and Mac computers and smartphones. FaceTime runs on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Later versions of FaceTime support up to 32 simultaneous users for voice/video sessions. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Apple FaceTime, visit Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides remote conferencing for most desktop or mobile devices. Offered through Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex services include sharing granular content or screens, presentations that incorporate rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint, session capture, plus revision and playback for future reference and training. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Cisco Webex as well as for other IP video solutions from Cisco, see Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams provides a portal for conferencing, contacts, and content with capabilities such as video calling, persistent threaded chat, plus file sharing. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Microsoft Teams as well as for other Office 365 apps, see Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Voice/Video Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver integration and troubleshooting services for these conferencing platforms and
help your business to optimize your network architecture to host them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Software for Telecommuters
Microsoft's collaboration products are closely integrated with Microsoft's popular Office suites, providing a powerful environment of applications that create a consistent user experience for exchanging information across multiple sites and on a broad range of endpoint computers. Progent has provided online consulting support for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange since their initial publication and can assist your company to deploy these flagship collaboration products to maximize the productivity of your at-home workforce.
SharePoint utilizes web entities to facilitate collaboration and knowledge sharing by offering policy-driven delivery of content, business processes, and utilities for searching through enterprise-wide information silos. SharePoint enables you to build protected web portals that allows at-home workforce to view and update consolidated corporate intelligence by means of Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social web sites, and Web Parts. To learn about Progent's SharePoint expertise, see SharePoint integration and application development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For information about Progent's Exchange consulting expertise, go to integration consulting for Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoftís collaborative cloud storage service, comparable to GoogleDrive. Remote workers can store files to OneDrive, and co-workers can share them safely via a browser. Included with Office 365, OneDrive allows home employees to jointly author documents. Edits created offline are automatically synced when you reconnect to the Internet. For details about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft OneDrive, visit Microsoft Onedrive configuration experts.
Cloud Integration for Telecommuters
Progent can provide advanced remote support for enabling organizations to create, manage and repair integrated hybrid network architectures that include physical data centers, telecommuters, branches, plus cloud services. Progent can provide top-tier consultant for all types of cloud service delivery such as Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service. Progent can help at-home workers resolve problems with public cloud access, identity, and security.
Azure is a leading family of cloud software and services that enables you to utilize infrastructure, servers, and key apps running on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Azure offers over 100 services services including the ability to host Windows and Linux-powered VMs, on-demand cloud storage, email and messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and data backup. Progent can assist your organization to set up virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, configure storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity control with Azure AD, and design backup and restore systems with Azure Backup. Progent can also show you how to create secure connections to Azure services for teleworkers by configuring and debugging firewalls and VPN tunnels. To find out about Progent's consulting services for Azure, go to Azure consulting services.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing family of client productivity software and cloud-based services available by subscription. Office applications and cloud services are provided in a selection of bundles intended for users ranging from individuals and households to large corporations. Progent can provide quick and easy remote contact with experts knowledgeable about Office 365-compatible client devices based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent's experts can help you to evaluate the numerous subscription plans available for Office 365 and deploy 365 applications for your remote workers to achieve maximum business value. For details about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Office 365, refer to Microsoft 365 consulting expertise.
Microsoft 365 Exchange Online is among the most popular applications in Azure-hosted Microsoft 365 product product suite. Microsoft 365 Exchange Online offers the benefits of reduced costs for physical infrastructure, simplified management, dynamic scaling, high reliability, and additional advantages associated with public clouds. Microsoft has designed Office 365 Exchange Online to operate smoothly with local deployments of Exchange, enabling you to build hybrid cloud/onsite information systems. Progent's certified Exchange experts can provide occasional assistance to guide you past tough IT roadblocks and also offer comprehensive project management outsourcing to make sure your remote workers have convenient and secure access to your Exchange Online environment. For details Progent's support services for Microsoft 365 Exchange Online, visit Office 365 Exchange Online integration and troubleshooting consulting.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a trailblazer in the public cloud market and is the world's leading provider of cloud services. Progent can provide rapid and economical online contact with cloud connectivity experts who can help your business to design, deploy, manage, and debug hybrid IT networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud services with on-premises resources and with other popular cloud platforms like Microsoft Azure. Progent also offers access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to help you to create a high-availability network architecture so your employees have a consistent computing environment whether they are working from your headquarters, a branch office, from home, or on the road. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Amazon AWS, see Amazon AWS consulting expertise.
Google Cloud (GCP) is a leading suite of cloud services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can assist you to scale your existing IT resources with the Google Cloud, and Progent's DBA experts can show you how to make your key apps cloud friendly so your telecommuters can benefit fully from Google Cloud services. Progent can help your organization to set up virtual machines on GCP Compute Engine, plan an efficient storage system with Google Cloud Storage services, and simplify identity control for remote workers with Google Cloud Identity. Progent's consultants can also help your business to utilize GCP's unified management tools to administer and monitor your Google Cloud ecosystem. For information, refer to Google Cloud Platform (GCP) integration expertise.
Help Desk Call Center Support for Remote Workers
An emergency, organization-wide transition to a from-home workforce, which could be the result of an epidemic or as a component of a disaster recovery/business continuity process, can overstretch even the most efficient internal Help Desk. Progent's Call Center services allow organizations of any size to outsource or augment their Support Desk by using Progent's online Technical Response Center (TRC) services.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk Call Center services utilize Progent's nationwide team of online IT support specialists along with enterprise-class trouble ticketing and follow-up technology to offer an affordable, advanced Help Desk Call Center. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer a comprehensive solution that handles all aspects of remote Level 1 desktop technical support from help requests to ticket generation, screen sharing, problem resolution, and reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal enables at-home employees to check or revise the status of their active trouble tickets, enter details, and upload screen captures or relevant files. Desktop support services are provided at a substantial discount off Progent's ordinary Level 1 technical support charges, and Progent makes available optional rapid hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 IT experts to resolve complex issues. To learn more, go to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small companies.
- Progent's Support Desk Augmentation Service enables your business to augment your current Support Desk staff by splitting delivery of Call Desk services transparently between your in-house support staff and Progent's extensive team of PC support engineers and subject matter experts. Progent's shared Help Desk Call Center service is based on a collaborative support solution utilizing the leading professional services automation platform for managing service requests and ticketing, establishing ownership, monitoring progress, and producing management reports. To learn how Progent's Support Desk Augmentation Services can enable your company to deliver best-in-class desktop support to your telecommuters, see Progent's Call Desk augmentation Services.
Cybersecurity for Remote Workers
Telecommuters commonly run their own computing devices and work in an unsecured space. This worsens their vulnerability to cyber threats and demands careful deployment of firewalls, remote security monitoring, and the enforcement of policies that follow leading practices. Progent's seasoned team of certified data security experts can help your company to design, deploy and manage a compliant security solution that protects critical information in networks that incorporate at-home workers.
- Firewalls allow companies to build a network environment that can be securely accessed by local users as well as by at-home workers, mobile users, suppliers, clients, and the public. Modern firewall devices permit you to configure and control different permissions to various classes of users and to expand your IT network and modify your security profile as your company evolves and as network attacks become more complex. Progent works with both new and older firewall appliances from all leading manufacturers like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. To learn more about Progent's firewall support expertise, see firewall support services.
- Remote Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it easy to watch over the disparate devices used by teleworkers and either reject or identify and mitigate the latest threats such as ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a small-footprint agent is put on each secured endpoint, watching all activity and using state-of-the-art behavioral threat analysis to detect new attacks on arrival. When a cyberattack is spotted, ProSight ASM instantly isolates the targeted endpoint from the corporate network to quarantine the malware. Because the ProSight Active Security Monitoring software agent is autonomous, endpoints stay protected even when they are disconnected from the Internet. For more information about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, refer to remote endpoint security monitoring for teleworkers.
- Security Audits can evaluate the exposure of your information system to all types of external and local security attacks for an environment that incorporates teleworkers. Progent can deploy online, automated security inventory scanning for quickly and economically uncovering a wide variety of security gaps that can be surfaced via the Internet. Progent's endpoint security assessment experts, which can be provided by network security professionals with top certifications including CISM, ISSAP, and GIAC, can assist you to audit your operations and policies and assess your network architecture to enable you to design the highest level of protection for your teleworkers.
Data Protection for Telecommuters
Data Protection involves backing up and recovering vital information in order to prevent data loss and reduce restoration time in the event of storage problems due to equipment issues, programming glitches, user error, cyber attack, or any other reason. Dependable data protection strategies can be particularly difficult to design and maintain in hybrid environments that combine local data centers, public clouds, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Restore solutions for an at-home workforce must cover multiple types of personally owned endpoint devices. Progent offers quick online access to experts familiar with a wide range of platforms for backing up Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktop computers as well as notebooks, iOS and Android tablets and smartphones. Leading backup/recovery solutions supported by Progent's data protection experts include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To protect data spread across a hybrid network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a managed backup/recovery subscription service that utilizes cloud-based storage and includes fine-grained recovery and unified management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity strategies often anticipate circumstances that call for a temporary switch to telecommuting. Progent's expert disaster recovery preparedness consultants and business continuity consultants can help you to develop, document and validate a DR/BC strategy that addresses the process of switching to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for an At-Home Workforce
Microsoft has renamed and rebundled its endpoint management platforms under the name Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud management of remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing local endpoints. Microsoft Endpoint Manager provides a unified platform for protecting corporate data by controlling onsite, mobile, and home-based endpoint devices.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also features Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and securing off-premises devices and applications. Managed endpoint devices can be personally owned or business owned. Network administrators managing the endpoint computers of teleworkers can utilize Intune to deploy and authenticate applications on devices, push updates and certificates, set up rules for permission to access data and networks, manage passwords, establish VPN tunnels, determine how telecommuters share information, set up threat defense, ensure compliance, and wipe sensitive information from missing, stolen or deactivated devices. Microsoft Intune can be used with iOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X devices. To find out about Microsoft Intune and to find out how Progent can help your company to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to manage the endpoint computers of your teleworkers, go to Intune remote endpoint management expertise.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich centralized Mobile Device Management (MDM) product that helps network administrators to keep off-premises endpoint devices up to date and protected. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch technology for unified endpoint administration plus VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery platform for access control, application management, and setup management of endpoints. Workspace ONE runs with endpoints powered by Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-premises product through a one-time purchase. Top features of VMware Workspace ONE include rapid remote provisioning of new laptops, immediate onboarding of new users, policy set up and enforcement for all classes of devices, unifies reporting and analytics, an email encryption gateway, and seamless integration with Microsoft apps and cloud products. To learn about Progent's expertise for VMware Workspace ONE, visit VMware Workspace ONE mobile device management consultants.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Support Services
To contact Progent about creating and managing an efficient work-from-home environment for your Chandler, Arizona organization, call 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.