Enlarging your at-home workforce can have a significant impact on IT infrastructure, cybersecurity, and corporate culture. Progent has 20 years of background assisting SMBs to design, deploy, administer, optimize, and debug IT networks that incorporate a remote workforce. Progent can assist your Chandler organization to pick the appropriate tools and adhere to leading practices in building and operating a secure virtual office ecosystem for telecommuters that facilitates teamwork and returns maximum business value. Progent offers support services ranging from as-needed guidance for helping you past challenging IT roadblocks to comprehensive project management to help you carry out mission-critical initiatives.
Progent's consultants can help Chandler, Arizona businesses to succeed with any facet of building a high-functioning telecommuting environment by delivering infrastructure design and configuration services, VoIP PBX expertise, video conferencing integration, collaboration platform selection and deployment, cloud integration, helpdesk outsourcing, data security, backup/restore solutions, and centralized management.
Infrastructure for Teleworkers
Setting up the physical and software infrastructure needed for an at-home work environment can be particularly challenging if you must accommodate a combination of worker-owned hardware like PCs and notebooks, routers, and Wi-Fi appliances from different manufacturers and with a variety of operating systems and firmware levels. Progent's experience delivering online support for both outdated and current technologies in virtual office venues allows you to make efficient use of your available infrastructure and offers fast access to expertise for making essential updates. Support services offered by Progent to help you to implement a high-functioning work-at-home infrastructure include:
- VPN connectivity makes it possible to establish a safe connection for authorized at-home workers to use IT assets located at your corporate data center or in the cloud. Progent's consultants can help you to deploy and maintain VPN connections between your at-home workforce and your key network resources by providing remote VPN configuration support. For organizations using Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco ASA consultants can help your telecommuters to set up Cisco's popular AnyConnect software to provide safe VPN connections for a wide selection of endpoint devices including Microsoft Windows, macOS, iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure platforms allow a telecommuter to view and use a remote PC's desktop. This technology provides IT managers more control over the computing environment of at-home employees and offers them a familiar work experience. Progent's VDI services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI expertise.
- Routers connect home computer networks to the Internet and support VPN connections, home wireless networks, and firewall services. Progent offers top-tier online consulting for configuring routers from all major manufacturers. See router integration services from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, typically shared by an entire household and guests, are frequently utilized by telecommuters to connect to their Internet router for work. This can create performance and security problems. Progent can help you to resolve these problems by providing services that include Aironet integration expertise, Cisco-certified Meraki WiFi installation expertise, and Ubiquiti Unifi WiFi access point setup assistance.
- Internet access methods impact the performance and availability of connections between telecommuters and the corporate data center. Line-of-business processes might demand backup Internet access in case the primary connection fails. Progent can provide guidance for selecting Internet service providers, picking sensible bandwidth and data volume bundles, and integrating redundant Internet access. Refer to Internet connectivity integration services.
IP Voice Integration for Remote Workers
Extending the company PBX environment to include remote users is critical to supporting a productive at-home workforce. A variety of cloud-centric digital PBX products are used by small and mid-size businesses to support remote users. Many larger organizations rely on Cisco's current or older platforms for IP voice management. Progent can help organizations of all sizes to plan or tune a telecommuter IP voice environment that provides the flexibility, convenience and protection needed for remote users. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice consultants can provide advanced support to assist organizations tune their current Cisco VoIP systems to handle an expanding remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM) delivers enterprise telephony features to devices like VoIP phones, media processing products, VoIP gateways, and mixed media apps deployed across the network. Unified Communications Manager supports other mixed media services such as messaging, voice/video conferencing, and team interaction networks. For more information about Progent's CUCM expertise, see Cisco Unified CM consulting services.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing agent and has been superseded by CUCM. Progent can help you to maintain your existing CallManager deployment or upgrade smoothly to Cisco's modern IP telephony solutions. To learn about Progent's support services for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other older VoIP products, see CallManager consulting.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable connectivity with PSTN networks and with users working beyond the corporate perimeter
such as telecommuters. Progent offers expert support for Cisco's legacy IP gateways such as the UC520, UC540 and UC560 product lines and for current Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway integration consulting.
- Additional VoIP Products supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can assist you to update your WAN architecture to work with these solutions and provide online deployment and debugging expertise.
Voice/Video Conferencing for Remote Workers
A broad range of voice/video conferencing products from leading vendors enable virtual discussions, video conferencing, chat sessions, and screen sharing for both onsite users and teleworkers. Many organizations use multiple conferencing products to meet the needs of their different partners and customers. Progent can assist you to maintain your current voice/video conferencing ecosystem and enhance the engagement of your remote workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular unified communications platform that supports presence, instant messaging, voice and video conferencing plus the transparent integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications such as PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent can provide the expertise of Microsoft-certified specialists who can assist you to configure and manage Skype for Business clients to support your at-home employees. For details about Progent's consulting services for Skype for Business, visit Skype for Business consulting experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video calling platform for iOS and Mac computers and smartphones. FaceTime works on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Current editions of FaceTime allow up to 32 simultaneous users for voice/video sessions. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Apple FaceTime, visit Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports online conferencing for most desktop or mobile devices. Offered via Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex services include sharing specific content or computer screens, presentations that incorporate rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint, session recording, plus revision and playback for future reference and training. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Webex as well as for additional IP video solutions from Cisco, refer to Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams provides a hub for conversations, contacts, and content with features that include voice/video calling, persistent chat, plus data sharing. To learn more about Progent's support services for Teams as well as for other Office 365 apps, visit Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Voice/Video Conferencing Apps supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver integration and troubleshooting services for these conferencing platforms and
help your business to optimize your network infrastructure to run them.
Microsoft Collaboration Software for At-Home Workers
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are closely integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office and Microsoft 365 families, providing a rich ecosystem of productivity apps that create a cohesive user experience for sharing data and ideas across multiple sites and on a wide range of endpoints. Progent has delivered online consulting support for SharePoint and Exchange since their initial publication and can help your company to configure these critical collaboration products to optimize the productivity of your at-home workforce.
SharePoint utilizes web sites to promote collaboration and knowledge delivery by offering policy-based access to data, business processes, and tools for looking through enterprise-wide information silos. SharePoint permits you to create protected web portals that allows at-home workforce to see and edit aggregated corporate intelligence by means of Wikis, Blogs, social web sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). To find out about Progent's SharePoint consulting expertise, see SharePoint integration and application development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For details about Progent's Exchange consulting expertise, visit deployment expertise for Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoft’s shared cloud file hosting and synchronization service, comparable to GoogleDrive. At-home workers can save files to the OneDrive service, and colleagues anywhere can access them securely via a web browser. Provided with Microsoft 365, OneDrive enables home workers to co-edit documents. Edits made offline are uploaded when you go back online. To find out about Progent's consulting expertise for OneDrive, go to Onedrive configuration experts.
Public Cloud Integration Services for At-Home Workers
Progent offers affordable remote assistance for enabling businesses to build, manage and troubleshoot integrated network models that incorporate physical data centers, telecommuters, branch offices, and cloud resources. Progent offers expertise for all types of public cloud service delivery such as Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help telecommuters resolve issues with public cloud connectivity, identity, and security.
Azure is a popular family of cloud software and services that allows you to utilize infrastructure, servers, and key applications hosted on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Microsoft Azure features over one hundred services services such as hosting for Windows and Linux-powered virtual machines, scalable cloud storage, email and messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and backup/restore. Progent can help your organization to set up VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity management with Azure Active Directory, and design data backup and restore systems with Azure Backup. Progent can also show you how to create protected connections to Azure for teleworkers by setting up and debugging firewalls and VPN tunnels. For information about Progent's expertise for Azure, visit Azure consulting services.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's popular suite of business productivity applications and cloud-based services available on a subscription basis. Microsoft applications and cloud services are provided in a selection of bundles designed for users ranging from individuals and households to major enterprises. Progent can provide quick and affordable remote contact with experts familiar with Microsoft 365-compatible endpoint devices running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent can help your business to evaluate the numerous subscription plans available for Microsoft 365 and configure 365 apps for your telecommuters to achieve maximum business value. To find out about Progent's expertise for Microsoft Office 365, go to Microsoft 365 integration services.
Office 365 Exchange Online is among the most widely used applications in Azure-hosted Microsoft 365 product line. Exchange Online provides the advantages of reduced spending for data center infrastructure, simplified management, dynamic scaling, high availability, and additional benefits inherent with public clouds. Microsoft has designed Exchange Online to run transparently with on-premises Exchange environments, enabling customers to build hybrid information systems. Progent's Exchange consultants are available for occasional assistance to get you past tough technical roadblocks and also offer end-to-end project management services to make sure your remote workers have easy and safe access to your Microsoft 365 Exchange Online environment. To learn Progent's consulting expertise for Office 365 Exchange Online, go to Microsoft 365 Exchange Online configuration and troubleshooting expertise.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a pioneer in the public cloud computing market and is the world's biggest provider of cloud services. Progent offers rapid and affordable online access to cloud integration experts who can help your organization to design, deploy, maintain, and debug hybrid IT networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud services with local data centers and with other popular cloud platforms such as Microsoft Azure. Progent also offers the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to help you to build a high-availability network model so your users have a productive computing environment regardless of whether they are working from your headquarters, a branch office, from home, or on the move. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Amazon AWS, visit Amazon AWS integration expertise.
Google Cloud is a popular suite of public cloud services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can help your business to expand your existing IT assets with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's DBA consultants can show you how to make your key applications cloud friendly so your remote workers can benefit fully from Google Cloud services. Progent can help you to set up virtual machines on Google Cloud Compute Engine, plan an efficient storage system with Google Cloud Storage, and streamline identity control for teleworkers with GCP Cloud Identity. Progent's consultants can also help your business to use GCP's management technology to administer and monitor your GCP ecosystem. To learn, go to Google Cloud Platform consulting expertise.
Help Desk Call Center Support for Teleworkers
A rapid, company-wide transition to a from-home workforce, which might be motivated by a pandemic or as a component of a disaster recovery/business continuity process, can overstretch even the most efficient in-house Call Desk. Progent's Help Desk services make it possible for organizations of any size to outsource or augment their Support Desk by using Progent's remote Technical Response Center (TRC) services.
- Progent's Standard Call Center support services leverage Progent's extensive team of online technical support experts along with world-class trouble ticketing and follow-up technology to offer an affordable, state-of-the-art Call Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer an end-to-end solution that handles all aspects of online Level 1 desktop technical support from service requests through ticket creation, screen sharing, issue resolution, and incident reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal enables telecommuters to check or update their active tickets, add information, and append screenshots and attachments. Technical support services are provided at a substantial price reduction off Progent's normal Level 1 technical service rates, and Progent offers optional fast hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 support specialists to deal with complex issues. To learn more, refer to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small and mid-size companies.
- Progent's Call Desk Augmentation Service enables your company to augment your current Help Desk team by splitting responsibilities for Call Desk support transparently between your in-house support personnel and Progent's nationwide roster of desktop support engineers and subject matter specialists. Progent's co-managed Help Desk Call Center service is based on a collective support solution based on the leading PSA tool for managing service requests and trouble tickets, assigning ownership, monitoring progress, and generating management reports. To learn how Progent's Call Center Augmentation Services can help your company to deliver best-in-class technical support to your at-home workforce, refer to Progent's Support Desk augmentation Services.
Security and Compliance for Remote Workers
Teleworkers often run their personal computing devices and work in an unsecured space. This increases their exposure to cyber attacks and requires judicious deployment of firewalls, remote endpoint monitoring, and the enforcement of policies that follow leading practices. Progent's seasoned roster of certified data security professionals can assist your organization to plan, implement and manage a compliant cybersecurity environment that protects sensitive data in networks that incorporate remote workers.
- Firewalls enable you to build a network environment that can be safely accessed by on-premises users as well as by telecommuters, mobile users, vendors, clients, and the public. Modern firewall devices permit you to configure and control appropriate permissions to various groups of users and to scale your network and adjust your security as your company evolves and as network attacks grow more sophisticated. Progent supports both new and legacy security appliances from all leading vendors like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, and Fortinet. For details about Progent's firewall configuration services, go to firewall integration and support expertise.
- Remote Endpoint Monitoring makes it easy to track the disparate devices used by teleworkers and either block or spot and mitigate modern threats like ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a small-footprint agent is put on every secured endpoint, watching all activity and using advanced machine learning to detect zero-day attacks before they can spread. When a cyberattack is spotted, ProSight ASM immediately isolates the infected endpoint device from the network to contain the malware. Because the ProSight Active Security Monitoring software agent is autonomous, endpoints stay secure even when they are not connected to the Internet. For more information about ProSight ASM, visit remote endpoint monitoring for telecommuters.
- Security Audits can evaluate the vulnerability of your network to all types of external and internal security attacks for a network that includes teleworkers. Progent can deploy remote, automated cybersecurity inventory scanning for rapidly and affordably detecting a wide variety of security weaknesses that can be surfaced via the Internet. Progent's endpoint security assessment experts, which can be provided by data security professionals with top certifications including CISM, ISSAP, and GIAC, can help you to audit your workflows and governance policies and assess your WAN infrastructure to allow you to implement the highest level of protection for your teleworkers.
Data Protection Solutions for Teleworkers
The field of Data Protection covers backing up and restoring critical information so as to avoid data loss and minimize restoration time and effort in case of storage failures resulting from hardware breakdowns, software hiccups, operator error, cyber attack, or other causes. Reliable data protection strategies can be particularly challenging to architect and maintain in hybrid environments that incorporate local data centers, cloud resources, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Restore strategies for an at-home workforce must cover multiple types of user-owned endpoints. Progent can provide fast remote help from consultants familiar with a wide array of products for backing up Microsoft Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktop computers as well as laptops, iPads and smartphones. Popular backup/recovery products maintained by Progent's backup/recovery consultants include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, CrashPlan, Mozy, and Time Machine. To back up data spread throughout a wide area network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services, a managed backup/recovery subscription service that uses cloud storage and includes granular restore and centralized management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) plans commonly anticipate circumstances that require a temporary changeover to a work-at-home environment. Progent's expert disaster recovery planning consultants and business continuity specialists can assist you to create, document and test a DR/BC strategy that addresses the process of moving to telecommuting.
Unified Management for an At-Home Workforce
Microsoft has rebranded and reshuffled its endpoint management platforms under the name Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud-based management of mobile and remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing local computers. Microsoft Endpoint Manager provides a unified environment for safeguarding corporate data by controlling onsite, mobile, and home-based endpoint devices.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also features Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and securing mobile devices and software. Remote endpoint devices can be user owned or company owned. IT admins managing the endpoint devices of at-home workers can use Intune to deploy and authenticate applications on devices, push updates and certificates, configure rules for permission to access information and resources, set passwords, establish VPN connections, control how home-based workers share data, establish threat protection, verify security compliance, and wipe corporate data from missing, stolen or deactivated devices. Intune can be used with iOS/iPadOS, Android, Windows, and macOS computers. For information about Intune and how Progent can help your company to use this platform to administer the devices of your at-home workforce, go to Intune telecommuter device management expertise.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich unified Mobile Device Management (MDM) product that allows network managers to keep remote endpoints up to date and protected. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch for unified endpoint management along with VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery technology for identity control, application management, and setup management of endpoint devices. Workspace ONE runs with devices powered by Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-site product through a perpetual license. Key features of Workspace ONE include rapid remote provisioning of out-of-the-box notebooks, quick onboarding of new users, policy set up and enforcement for all classes of devices, aggregated management reporting and performance analytics, email encryption, and tight integration with Microsoft apps and cloud products. For details about Progent's expertise for VMware Workspace ONE, go to VMware Workspace ONE mobile device management consultants.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Support Services
To contact Progent about creating and managing a productive telecommuter solution for your Chandler, Arizona organization, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.