Expanding your telecommuter workforce may have a major impact on network architecture, security/compliance, and corporate workflows. Progent has two decades of experience assisting businesses of all sizes to plan, configure, manage, tune, and troubleshoot IT networks that support work-from-home employees. Progent can assist your Chandler company to pick the appropriate tools and adhere to leading practices in creating and operating a safe virtual office ecosystem for telecommuters that promotes collaboration and returns top business value. Progent offers services that go from as-needed expertise for helping you over challenging IT bottlenecks to full project management to help you carry out mission-critical initiatives.
Progent can assist Chandler, Arizona companies to with any aspect of building a high-functioning work-from-home ecosystem by providing network infrastructure design and configuration services, IP voice expertise, voice/video conferencing support, collaboration platform customization and training, cloud connectivity, Help Desk augmentation, endpoint security, data protection solutions, and unified management.
Network Infrastructure for a Remote Workforce
Setting up the physical and software infrastructure needed for an at-home work environment can be especially complex if you have to accommodate a combination of personal equipment such as PCs and notebooks, Internet routers, and Wi-Fi appliances from various manufacturers and with a variety of OS software and firmware releases. Progent's experience delivering remote help for both outdated and modern technologies in virtual office venues enables you to make cost-effective use of your available infrastructure and provides you with fast access to expertise for making necessary updates. Support services available from Progent to help you to implement a productive telecommuting ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network technology allows you to create a secure connection for authorized at-home employees to access IT resources situated at your corporate data center or in a public cloud. Progent's consultants can help you to deploy and manage VPN access between your at-home workforce and your key IT resources by providing online VPN integration support. For businesses with Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco ASA experts can assist your at-home workers to set up Cisco's AnyConnect software for safe VPN tunneling for a wide selection of endpoint devices including Microsoft Windows, Mac, iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) platforms allow a teleworker to see and use a remote computer's desktop. This technology provides network managers substantial control over the computing environment of telecommuters and offers remote users a consistent and more productive experience. Progent's VDI consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI consulting.
- Routers attach at-home networks to the Internet and typically support VPN connections, local wireless connectivity, and firewall services. Progent offers top-tier online consulting for deploying home routers from a variety of vendors. See router integration support from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, often shared by the whole family and visitors, are frequently used by telecommuters to access their Internet router for work. This can cause throughput as well as security problems. Progent can help businesses to mitigate these issues by providing services that include Aironet configuration expertise, Cisco Meraki wireless installation consulting, and Ubiquiti wireless access point integration assistance.
- Internet connectivity solutions affect the speed and availability of connections between at-home workers and the company network. Mission-critical applications may require redundant Internet connections in case the normal connection breaks. Progent can provide guidance for selecting service providers, selecting appropriate bandwidth and data volume packages, and integrating redundant Internet access. Refer to Internet access solutions.
IP Voice Solutions for Telecommuters
Expanding the corporate phone system to accommodate remote users is critical to maintaining an effective work-at-home solution. A broad range of cloud-based VoIP platforms are popular with small and mid-size businesses to server teleworkers. Many larger organizations rely on Cisco's modern or legacy platforms for IP voice solutions. Progent can assist businesses of all sizes to plan or maintain a remote VoIP service that delivers the versatility, convenience and security needed for at-home workers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice consultants offer high-level support to help organizations optimize their current Cisco VoIP systems to handle a growing at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM or CUCM) delivers high-end IP telephony features to devices such as VoIP phones, media processing platforms, Voice over IP gateways, and multimedia software deployed throughout the network. CUCM supports additional mixed media services such as unified messaging, voice/video conferencing, and team interaction networks. For details about Progent's CUCM support, visit Cisco Unified Communications Manager expertise.
- CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing software and has been replaced by Cisco Unified CM or CUCM. Progent can help your company to maintain your current CallManager deployment or migrate smoothly to Cisco's current IP telephony products. For details about Progent's expertise for CallManager and Cisco's other older IP voice platforms, see Cisco CallManager consulting services.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide connectivity with public telephony networks and with clients working outside the corporate perimeter
such as at-home workers. Progent offers expert support for Cisco's legacy IP gateways such as the UC520, UC540 and UC560 product lines and for modern Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway configuration consulting.
- Additional VoIP Platforms supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can help you to enhance your WAN infrastructure to work with these VoIP solutions and provide as-needed deployment and debugging services.
Voice/Video Conferencing for Telecommuters
A broad selection of video conferencing products from leading vendors enable online meetings, video conferencing, chat, and content sharing for both local workers and at-home workers. Many companies use multiple conferencing products to accommodate their various partners and clients. Progent can help your organization to maintain your existing conferencing ecosystem and optimize the productivity of your at-home workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular communications platform that enables real-time presence, instant messaging, voice and video conferencing plus the seamless integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications such as PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent can provide the expertise of Microsoft-certified specialists who can assist your company to deploy and manage Skype for Business client software to support your at-home employees. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Skype for Business, visit Skype for Business consulting services.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video phone app for iOS and macOS devices. FaceTime works over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Newer versions of FaceTime support up to 32 concurrent users for video sessions. For details about Progent's support services for Apple FaceTime, visit Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides remote conferencing for most computing devices. Offered through Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex capabilities include sharing granular content or screens, presentations that incorporate rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint, session capture, plus revision and playback for future reference. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Webex as well as for other video conferencing solutions from Cisco, see Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams provides a hub for conversations, contacts, and content with capabilities such as video conferencing, persistent threaded chat, plus file sharing. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Microsoft Teams and for additional Office 365 apps, see Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Voice/Video Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver integration and debugging services for these conferencing platforms and
assist your business to tune your network infrastructure to run them.
Microsoft Collaboration Platforms for Teleworkers
Microsoft's collaboration products are closely integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office and Microsoft 365 suites, offering a rich ecosystem of productivity apps that create a cohesive user interface for exchanging data and ideas throughout multiple sites and on a wide range of endpoint computers. Progent has delivered remote consulting support for SharePoint and Exchange Server since their original publication and can help businesses to tune these critical collaboration platforms to maximize the effectiveness of your at-home workforce.
SharePoint utilizes web sites to promote collaboration and knowledge sharing by providing policy-based access to data, workflow, and utilities for searching through enterprise-wide information silos. SharePoint allows you to build secure web portals that permits remote workforce to view and update aggregated corporate intelligence via Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). To find out about Progent's SharePoint support services, see SharePoint integration and application development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To find out about Progent's Exchange consulting expertise, see deployment consulting services for Microsoft Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoftís collaborative cloud-based file hosting and synchronization service, comparable to GoogleDrive. Remote workers can store files to the OneDrive service, and colleagues can retrieve them safely through a web browser. Included with Microsoft 365, OneDrive allows at-home workers to co-edit documents. Revisions made offline are uploaded when you reconnect to the Internet. For information about Progent's support services for OneDrive, go to Onedrive integration experts.
Public Cloud Integration for Telecommuters
Progent can provide fast and affordable online support for enabling organizations to build, manage and optimize cohesive network models that combine physical data centers, at-home workers, branch offices, plus cloud resources. Progent can provide expertise for all types of public cloud service delivery including Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help telecommuters fix problems with cloud connectivity, identity, and cybersecurity.
Azure is a leading family of cloud services that enables you to utilize infrastructure, servers, and critical apps running on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Azure features over one hundred services services including the ability to host Windows and Linux-powered virtual machines, scalable cloud storage, email and messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and data backup. Progent can help your organization to set up virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity management with Azure AD, and design data backup and recovery systems with Azure Backup. Progent can also help you establish protected access to Azure for teleworkers by setting up and debugging firewalls and VPN tunnels. For details about Progent's support services for Microsoft Azure, go to Microsoft Azure expertise.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's popular family of client productivity software and cloud-based services available by subscription. Office apps and cloud services are provided in a variety of bundles designed for users ranging from students and households to major enterprises. Progent can provide fast and easy remote access to consultants knowledgeable about Office 365-compatible devices running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent's experts can assist you to evaluate the various subscription plans available for Office 365 and configure 365 applications for your teleworkers to achieve maximum business value. To find out about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Office 365, refer to Office 365 consulting services.
Microsoft 365 Exchange Online is among the most popular applications in the Microsoft 365 product product suite. Office 365 Exchange Online provides the advantages of lower spending for data center infrastructure, simplified management, dynamic scaling, high availability, and additional benefits associated with public clouds. Microsoft has designed Office 365 Exchange Online to run seamlessly with local deployments of Exchange, enabling customers to build hybrid information systems. Progent's certified Exchange experts can provide as-needed help to guide you past tough technical roadblocks and also offer end-to-end project management outsourcing to ensure your teleworkers have easy and secure access to your Microsoft 365 Exchange Online environment. For information Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft 365 Exchange Online, refer to Exchange Online configuration and troubleshooting expertise.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a pioneer in the public cloud computing arena and is the industry's leading provider of cloud-based services. Progent offers rapid and affordable online access to cloud connectivity experts who can help your organization to plan, deploy, manage, and debug hybrid information networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with on-premises resources and with other public clouds like Microsoft Azure. Progent also can provide the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to assist you to create a high-uptime network architecture to make sure your users have a consistent computing experience regardless of whether they are working from your main office, a remote branch, at home, or on the road. For information about Progent's consulting services for Amazon AWS, go to Amazon AWS integration expertise.
Google Cloud Platform is a leading suite of cloud computing services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can assist you to extend your current IT resources with the Google Cloud, and Progent's DBA experts can show you how to make your critical apps cloud friendly so your telecommuters can benefit fully from Google Cloud Platform services. Progent's consultants can help your business to set up virtual machines on GCP Compute Engine, design a cost-effective storage solution with Google Cloud Storage, and streamline access control for at-home workers with GCP Cloud Identity services. Progent's experts can also help you to utilize GCP's unified management technology to administer and monitor your GCP ecosystem. To learn, see Google Cloud Platform consulting support.
Help Desk Call Center Services for Remote Workers
A sudden, organization-wide switchover to a teleworker workforce, which could be driven by a pandemic or as part of a disaster recovery process, can overwhelm even a high-performing internal Call Center. Progent's Help Desk Call Center services make it possible for businesses of any size to outsource or supplement their Call Center by using Progent's remote Technical Response Center (TRC) services.
- Progent's Standard Call Desk support services leverage Progent's extensive network of online IT support specialists combined with enterprise-class trouble ticketing and follow-up technology to offer an affordable, advanced Support Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer a comprehensive solution that addresses all facets of online Level 1 PC technical support from initial service requests through trouble ticket creation, screen sharing, problem resolution, and incident reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal enables telecommuters to track or revise the status of their current trouble tickets, enter information, and upload screen captures or relevant files. Support services are provided at a significant discount off Progent's ordinary Level 1 desktop service charges, and Progent makes available the option of rapid hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 IT specialists to deal with advanced issues. To find out more, go to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small companies.
- Progent's Help Desk Call Center Supplemental Service allows your business to augment your existing Call Desk team by sharing responsibilities for Support Desk support services transparently between your in-house IT support staff and Progent's nationwide pool of PC support technicians and subject matter specialists. Progent's shared Call Center service uses a co-sourcing support model based on the number one professional services automation (PSA) platform for managing service requests and trouble tickets, assigning responsibility, tracking progress, and generating reports. To learn how Progent's Help Desk Augmentation Services can help your business to provide best-in-class IT support to your at-home employees, visit Progent's Call Center augmentation Services.
Security for Remote Workers
Remote workers commonly use their own computing devices and work in a physically unsecured space. This increases their exposure to cyber threats and demands careful deployment of security appliances, remote monitoring, and the creation of security policies in compliance with best practices. Progent's seasoned team of certified data security experts can help you to design, implement and manage a modern cybersecurity solution that guards sensitive information in IT networks that incorporate at-home workers.
- Firewalls allow you to build a network environment that can be safely accessed by local users and by at-home workers, mobile users, suppliers, clients, and the public. Next-generation firewall appliances permit you to assign and control different access rights to various groups of users and to expand your network and modify your cybersecurity posture as your business evolves and as cyber threats grow more sophisticated. Progent works with both current and legacy firewall devices from all leading vendors like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. For more information about Progent's firewall support expertise, visit firewall configuration and support expertise.
- Online Endpoint Monitoring makes it possible to track the various devices used by teleworkers and either reject or identify and mitigate modern threats like ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a small-footprint agent is put on every secured endpoint, monitoring all activity and utilizing state-of-the-art machine learning to detect new attacks on arrival. When an attack is spotted, ProSight Active Security Monitoring instantly isolates the impacted device from the corporate network to contain the threat. Since the ProSight ASM software agent is self-contained, endpoint devices stay protected even if they are offline. For details about ProSight ASM, go to remote endpoint security monitoring for at-home workers.
- Security Audits can evaluate the vulnerability of your information system to all classes of outside and internal security attacks for an environment that includes teleworkers. Progent can deploy online, automated cybersecurity analysis software for quickly and affordably detecting a broad range of security holes that can be surfaced via the Internet. Progent's endpoint security assessment consulting services, which can be managed by network security professionals with advanced certifications including CISM, CISSP, and GIAC, can help your business to evaluate your procedures and governance policies and assess your network infrastructure to enable you to design the highest level of security for your at-home workers.
Data Protection Solutions for Remote Workers
The field of Data Protection covers saving and restoring vital data in order to avoid data loss and minimize restoration time and effort in case of storage system failures resulting from equipment breakdowns, software glitches, operator error, malware, or other causes. Reliable data protection solutions can be particularly challenging to architect and maintain in hybrid environments that combine in-house data centers, public clouds, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Recovery strategies for teleworkers must address multiple types of user-owned endpoints. Progent can provide fast online help from consultants familiar with a broad range of platforms for protection Microsoft Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX servers and desktops as well as notebooks, iPads and handhelds. Leading backup/recovery products maintained by Progent's data protection consultants include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, CrashPlan, Mozy, and Time Machine. To protect resources distributed throughout a wide area network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services, a managed backup/recovery service that utilizes cloud-based storage and includes granular restore and centralized management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity plans often anticipate scenarios that call for a temporary switch to an at-home workforce. Progent's senior disaster recovery preparedness consultants and business continuity planning specialists can assist you to develop, document and validate a DR/BC plan that includes the process of switching to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for Telecommuters
Microsoft has renamed and rebundled its endpoint management platforms under the name Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud-based management of mobile and remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing on-premises computers. Microsoft Endpoint Manager offers a unified solution for safeguarding critical data by managing onsite, mobile, and at-home endpoints.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also features Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and securing mobile computers and applications. Managed endpoint computers can be user owned or business owned. Network admins managing the enrolled endpoint computers of at-home workers can use Intune to provision and authenticate apps on managed devices, push patches and certificates, set up rules for accessing information and resources, manage passwords, establish VPN connections, control how telecommuters share data, set up threat defense, verify compliance, and erase corporate information from missing, stolen or deactivated endpoint devices. Intune can be used with Apple iOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS endpoints. To find out about Intune and to find out how Progent can assist you to use this platform to administer the endpoint devices of your at-home workforce, see Intune teleworker device management consultants.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced unified Mobile Device Management (MDM) platform that allows network administrators to keep off-premises endpoints up to date and secure. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch for unified endpoint management plus VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery platform for access control, application management, and configuration management of endpoint devices. Workspace ONE runs with devices powered by Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-site deployment through a perpetual license. Top features of VMware Workspace ONE include fast remote deployment of out-of-the-box notebooks, immediate onboarding of new employees, policy setting and enforcement for all categories of endpoints, aggregated management reporting and performance analytics, email encryption, and integration with Microsoft apps and cloud services. For details about Progent's support for VMware Workspace ONE, visit VMware Workspace ONE mobile device management expertise.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Support Services
To get in touch with Progent about creating and managing a productive telecommuter environment for your Chandler, Arizona business, phone 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.