Enlarging your remote workforce can have a significant impact on IT architecture, security, and company workflows. Progent has 20 years of experience helping SMBs to plan, configure, manage, tune, and troubleshoot IT networks that incorporate work-from-home employees. Progent can assist your Chandler company to pick the appropriate technologies and follow best practices in creating and maintaining a safe virtual office ecosystem for teleworkers that facilitates collaboration and returns top value. Progent can provide services that go from on demand expertise for getting you over occasional IT roadblocks to full project management to help you successfully complete business-critical initiatives.
Progent's consultants can help Chandler, Arizona businesses to succeed with any aspect of building a high-functioning work-from-home environment by delivering network infrastructure configuration services, IP voice troubleshooting, video conferencing support, collaboration platform selection and deployment, public cloud connectivity, Help Desk outsourcing, data security, backup/restore solutions, and unified management.
Infrastructure for Telecommuters
Integrating the physical and software infrastructure required for a remote work environment can be especially complicated if you have to manage a mix of personal hardware such as desktop computers and laptops, Internet routers, and wireless appliances from various manufacturers and with a mix of OS software and firmware levels. Progent's experience delivering remote support for both legacy and modern technologies in virtual office solutions enables you to make efficient use of your available infrastructure and provides you with fast access to expertise for making essential upgrades. Services offered by Progent to assist you to implement a high-functioning telecommuting ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network connectivity allows you to create a safe tunnel for authorized remote employees to use IT assets situated at your company datacenter or in a public cloud. Progent's consultants can assist you to configure and maintain VPN access between your teleworkers and your various network resources by providing remote VPN integration support. For businesses using Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco ASA consultants can assist your remote workers to set up Cisco's popular AnyConnect software for secure VPN tunneling for a broad range of endpoint devices including Microsoft Windows, macOS, iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure products enable a telecommuter to view and use a data center PC's desktop. This technology provides network managers more control over the computing environment of telecommuters and ensures remote users a familiar experience. Progent's virtual desktop consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI consulting.
- Routers attach at-home computer networks to the Internet and typically support VPN tunnels, home Wi-Fi connectivity, and firewalls. Progent can provide top-tier online consulting for setting up routers from a range of vendors. See router configuration services from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, typically shared by families and guests, are commonly utilized by telecommuters to connect to their router for work. This can cause performance and security issues. Progent can assist you to resolve these issues by delivering services like Aironet integration expertise, Cisco-certified Meraki WiFi installation expertise, and Ubiquiti wireless AP setup help.
- Internet access solutions impact the performance and reliability of connections between at-home workers and the corporate data center. Line-of-business processes might require backup Internet connections in case the normal connection fails. Progent can provide expertise for picking service providers, picking appropriate bandwidth and data volume bundles, and setting up fault-tolerant Internet access. Refer to Internet connectivity solutions.
VoIP Integration for an At-Home Workforce
Expanding the business phone system to accommodate remote users is critical to maintaining a productive at-home workforce. A broad range of cloud-centric IP voice products are popular with small and mid-size businesses to support remote users. Many larger organizations rely on Cisco's modern or legacy products for IP voice solutions. Progent can assist organizations of any size to design or maintain a remote IP voice environment that delivers the versatility, convenience and protection required for teleworkers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice experts can provide high-level support to assist organizations optimize their current Cisco IP voice environments to handle an expanding remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM or CUCM) delivers enterprise IP telephony capabilities to devices like IP phones, media processing platforms, Voice over IP gateways, and mixed media applications used across the network. Unified Communications Manager supports additional mixed media services like messaging, video conferencing, and team collaboration networks. For details about Progent's Unified Communications Manager support, see Cisco Unified Communications Manager expertise.
- CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing agent and has been superseded by CUCM. Progent can assist your company to support your existing CallManager deployment or upgrade smoothly to Cisco's current IP telephony products. For details about Progent's support services for CallManager and Cisco's other legacy IP voice platforms, visit Cisco CallManager expertise.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable integration with PSTN networks and with users working outside the corporate perimeter
like at-home workers. Progent offers consulting expertise for Cisco's legacy IP gateways like the UC520, UC540 and UC560 product lines and for current Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway configuration consulting.
- Other VoIP Products supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can assist you to update your wide area network infrastructure to support these solutions and provide online integration and debugging services.
Voice/Video Conferencing for Teleworkers
A wide selection of video conferencing products from leading vendors enable online meetings, video and voice conferencing, chat sessions, and content sharing for both local users and teleworkers. Many organizations utilize a mix of conferencing products to accommodate their different partners and clients. Progent can assist you to maintain your existing conferencing ecosystem and optimize the experience of your at-home employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular unified communications product that enables real-time presence, IM, voice and video conferencing as well as the seamless integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software including PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent offers the expertise of Microsoft-certified specialists who can assist your company to set up and maintain Skype for Business clients to support your at-home employees. For details about Progent's support expertise for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business integration experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video calling app for compatible iOS, iPadOS, iPod and macOS computers and smartphones. FaceTime works on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Later editions of FaceTime allow up to 32 concurrent users for video calls. For details about Progent's consulting services for Apple FaceTime, visit Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides online conferencing for most desktop or mobile devices. Delivered through Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex capabilities include sharing specific content or computer screens, presentations that incorporate rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, network-based recording, plus editing and playback for future reference. For details about Progent's support services for Webex and for other IP video solutions from Cisco, visit Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams provides a portal for conferencing, contacts, and content with capabilities such as voice/video calling, threaded chat, plus file sharing. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Teams and for other Microsoft 365 products, visit Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Voice/Video Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide integration and debugging services for these products and
help you to optimize your network architecture to run them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Software for an At-Home Workforce
Microsoft's collaboration products are closely integrated with Microsoft's popular Office suites, offering a powerful ecosystem of applications that create a consistent user interface for sharing information throughout multiple sites and on a wide range of endpoint devices. Progent has delivered remote consulting services for SharePoint and Exchange since their initial publication and can assist businesses to tune these flagship collaboration products to maximize the effectiveness of your remote workers.
SharePoint utilizes web entities to facilitate collaboration and knowledge delivery by offering policy-based delivery of content, business processes, and tools for looking through enterprise-wide information silos. SharePoint allows you to build protected web portals that enables at-home workers to see and update aggregated corporate intelligence by means of Wikis, Blogs, social sites, and Web Parts. For details about Progent's SharePoint expertise, see SharePoint integration and development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For details about Progent's Exchange consulting expertise, refer to deployment consulting services for Microsoft Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoft’s shared cloud file hosting and synchronization service, similar to GoogleDrive. Remote workers can store files to OneDrive, and co-workers anywhere can access them safely through a browser. Provided with Office 365, OneDrive allows remote employees to jointly author files. Edits created offline are uploaded when you reconnect to the Internet. To find out about Progent's consulting expertise for OneDrive, visit Microsoft Onedrive configuration consulting.
Cloud Integration for Remote Workers
Progent offers advanced remote support for helping businesses to create, maintain and optimize integrated network models that combine physical data centers, teleworkers, branch offices, and public cloud services. Progent can provide expertise for all types of public cloud service such as Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help remote workers resolve problems with public cloud connectivity, authentication, and cybersecurity.
Microsoft Azure is a leading family of cloud software and services that enables you to use infrastructure, virtual servers, and critical applications hosted on Microsoft's massive cloud. Microsoft Azure includes over one hundred services services including hosting for Windows and Linux-powered virtual machines, on-demand cloud storage, email and messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and backup/restore. Progent can help your organization to deploy virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, configure cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity control with Azure Active Directory, and design data backup and recovery systems with Azure Backup. Progent can also show you how to create secure access to Azure services for remote workers by setting up and troubleshooting firewalls and VPN tunnels. To learn about Progent's support services for Azure, see Azure consulting.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's popular family of client productivity applications and cloud services offered by subscription. Microsoft apps and services are provided in a variety of plans designed for customers ranging from individuals and households to major enterprises. Progent can provide quick and easy remote access to experts knowledgeable about Microsoft 365-compatible devices based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent's experts can help your business to evaluate the various subscription bundles offered with Office 365 and deploy 365 applications for your remote workers to achieve maximum business value. For details about Progent's expertise for Microsoft Office 365, visit Office 365 integration expertise.
Office 365 Exchange Online is among the most widely used applications in Azure-hosted Microsoft 365 product product suite. Microsoft 365 Exchange Online offers the advantages of lower costs for data center infrastructure, simplified management, dynamic scaling, high availability, and other advantages inherent with cloud computing. Microsoft has engineered Exchange Online to run smoothly with local deployments of Exchange, enabling customers to build hybrid cloud/onsite networks. Progent's certified Exchange consultants can provide occasional assistance to get you past challenging technical bottlenecks and also offer comprehensive project management services to ensure your teleworkers have easy and secure access to your Exchange Online environment. For details Progent's consulting expertise for Exchange Online, refer to Exchange Online configuration and support consulting.
Amazon AWS is a trailblazer in the public cloud computing arena and is the world's leading source of cloud services. Progent can provide rapid and affordable online contact with cloud connectivity consultants who can assist your organization to design, implement, manage, and debug hybrid information networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with local data centers and with other popular cloud platforms like Microsoft Azure. Progent also offers access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to help you to build a high-availability network architecture to make sure your users have a productive computing environment whether they are working from your main office, a remote branch, from home, or on the move. To learn about Progent's consulting expertise for Amazon AWS, go to Amazon AWS consulting services.
Google Cloud Platform is a popular collection of public cloud services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can assist your business to scale your existing IT resources with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's database consultants can show you how to make your mission-critical apps cloud ready so your teleworkers can benefit fully from Google Cloud services. Progent can help your business to set up virtual machines on Google Cloud Compute Engine, plan a cost-effective storage system with Google Cloud Storage, and simplify identity control for at-home workers with GCP Cloud Identity. Progent's consultants can also help your business to use GCP's management technology to administer and track your Google Cloud environment. To find out, go to Google Cloud Platform (GCP) consulting expertise.
Help Desk Call Center Support for Telecommuters
A fast, enterprise-wide transition to a telecommuter workforce, which might be motivated by a pandemic or as an element of a disaster recovery/business continuity preparedness plan, can overwhelm even the most efficient internal Help Desk. Progent's Help Desk Call Center services make it possible for businesses of any size to outsource or augment their Help Desk Call Center with Progent's online Technical Response Center (TRC) team.
- Progent's Standard Support Desk support services leverage Progent's extensive network of remote IT support specialists along with world-class ticketing and follow-up technology to offer an economical, modern Support Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer a comprehensive solution that addresses all facets of remote Level 1 PC support from service requests through trouble ticket generation, desktop sharing, issue resolution, and reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal enables teleworkers to monitor or edit the status of their current trouble tickets, add details, and append screenshots or relevant files. Technical support services are delivered at a significant discount off Progent's normal Level 1 technical service charges, and Progent makes available the option of rapid escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 support experts to resolve complex issues. To find out more, refer to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small and mid-size businesses.
- Progent's Support Desk Augmentation Service enables you to expand your current Support Desk staff by splitting responsibilities for Call Center support services seamlessly between your regular support organization and Progent's extensive roster of PC support engineers and subject matter specialists. Progent's co-managed Call Center service uses a co-sourcing support model based on the leading professional services automation tool for handling service requests and trouble tickets, establishing ownership, tracking progress, and generating reports. For details about how Progent's Help Desk Call Center Supplementation Services can enable your business to deliver best-in-class technical support to your telecommuters, visit Progent's Help Desk Call Center supplementation Services.
Cybersecurity for At-Home Workers
Teleworkers often use their own computing devices and work in an unsecured space. This worsens their vulnerability to cyber attacks and requires careful use of security appliances, remote endpoint monitoring, and the enforcement of policies in compliance with best practices. Progent's seasoned team of certified cybersecurity experts can assist you to design, implement and manage a compliant cybersecurity solution that safeguards vital information in IT networks that include teleworkers.
Firewalls enable you to build a network environment that can be safely accessed by local users and by at-home workers, mobile workers, suppliers, customers, and other stakeholders. Next-generation firewall devices permit you to assign and control appropriate access rights to various groups of users and to expand your network and adjust your security as your company evolves and as cyber threats grow increasingly complex. Progent works with both new and older firewall appliances from all leading vendors including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, and Fortinet. For more information about Progent's firewall support expertise, visit firewall support expertise.
Remote Endpoint Monitoring makes it easy to watch over the various devices used by teleworkers and either block or identify and respond to modern threats like ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a small-footprint software agent is put on each secured endpoint, monitoring all activity and using state-of-the-art behavioral threat analysis to identify zero-day threats on arrival. When a cyberattack is discovered, ProSight ASM immediately disconnects the infected device from the corporate network to contain the malware. Since the ProSight ASM agent is autonomous, endpoint devices stay secure even when they are not connected to the Internet. To find out more about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, visit remote endpoint monitoring for teleworkers.
Progent's Duo authentication services utilize Cisco's Duo cloud technology to defend against password theft through the use of two-factor authentication (2FA). Duo enables single-tap identity confirmation on Apple iOS, Google Android, and other out-of-band devices. Using 2FA, whenever you log into a secured application and give your password you are requested to verify your identity via a device that only you possess and that is accessed using a different ("out-of-band") network channel. A wide selection of out-of-band devices can be utilized as this added form of ID validation such as an iPhone or Android or wearable, a hardware/software token, a landline telephone, etc. You can designate several verification devices. To learn more about ProSight Duo identity validation services, refer to Duo MFA two-factor authentication services for teleworkers.
Security Audits can assess the exposure of your information system to all classes of outside and internal security attacks for a network that includes teleworkers. Progent can deploy online, automated cybersecurity analysis software for rapidly and affordably uncovering a wide variety of security weaknesses that can be found over the Internet. Progent's security assessment experts, which can be managed by network security professionals with advanced certifications including CISA, ISSAP, and GIAC, can assist your company to evaluate your procedures and governance policies and review your IT architecture to allow you to design the highest level of security for your at-home workers.
Data Protection for Telecommuters
Data Protection involves backing up and recovering vital data in order to avoid data loss and reduce recovery time in the event of storage problems due to hardware breakdowns, software glitches, operator error, cyber attack, or any other reason. Dependable data protection strategies can be especially challenging to design and maintain in hybrid networks that combine in-house data centers, public clouds, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Restore strategies for telecommuters must address diverse kinds of personally owned endpoints. Progent can provide fast online access to experts familiar with a wide array of platforms for backing up Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX servers and desktops as well as notebooks, iOS and Android tablets and handhelds. Leading backup/restore solutions supported by Progent's backup/recovery experts include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To back up resources spread throughout a hybrid network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services, a backup/recovery service that uses cloud-based storage and features granular restore and unified management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) plans commonly envision circumstances that call for a temporary switch to a work-at-home environment. Progent's senior disaster recovery preparedness experts and business continuity consultants can help your company to develop, document and validate a DR/BC strategy that addresses the process of switching to telecommuting.
Unified Management for an At-Home Workforce
Microsoft has rebranded and reshuffled its endpoint management products under the name Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud-based management of mobile and remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing local computers. Endpoint Manager offers a centralized solution for protecting corporate information by managing local, mobile, and at-home endpoint devices.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also features Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and protecting off-premises computers and applications. Remote endpoint computers can be personally owned or company owned. Network admins managing the enrolled endpoint devices of teleworkers can utilize Intune to deploy and validate applications on devices, push updates and certificates, set up policies for permission to access data and networks, set passwords, establish VPN tunnels, control how telecommuters share information, set up threat protection, ensure compliance, and delete sensitive information from missing, stolen or deactivated endpoint devices. Intune can be used with iOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS computers. To find out about Microsoft Intune and to find out how Progent can assist you to use this platform to administer the devices of your at-home workers, go to Intune teleworker device management expertise.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich unified Mobile Device Management (MDM) product that helps network managers to keep off-premises endpoints up to date and secure. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch technology for unified endpoint administration combined with VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery technology for access control, application management, and setup management of endpoints. Workspace ONE operates with endpoints powered by Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-premises deployment through a perpetual license. Top features of VMware Workspace ONE include rapid over-the-air deployment of new notebooks, quick onboarding of new employees, policy setting and enforcement for all categories of endpoints, unifies reporting and performance analytics, email encryption, and tight integration with Microsoft apps and cloud products. To learn about Progent's support for VMware Workspace ONE, see VMware Workspace ONE mobile device management expertise.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Expertise
To get in touch with Progent about creating and maintaining a productive telecommuter environment for your Chandler, Arizona business, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.