Expanding your at-home workforce can have a major impact on IT architecture, cybersecurity, and company workflows. Progent has two decades of experience assisting small and mid-size businesses to design, deploy, manage, optimize, and debug IT environments that support a remote workforce. Progent can help your Chandler company to select the right technologies and follow best practices in building and operating a secure virtual office ecosystem for teleworkers that promotes teamwork and delivers top business value. Progent offers services that go from on demand guidance for getting you past challenging technical roadblocks to full project management to help you carry out mission-critical initiatives.
Progent's consultants can help Chandler, Arizona organizations to with any aspect of creating a high-functioning work-at-home environment by providing network infrastructure configuration services, IP voice troubleshooting, video conferencing integration, collaboration platform selection and deployment, public cloud integration, Help Desk outsourcing, data security, data protection solutions, and streamlined management.
Infrastructure for Telecommuters
Integrating the physical and software infrastructure required for an at-home workforce can be particularly complicated if you have to accommodate a mix of personal equipment such as desktop computers and notebooks, Internet routers, and wireless appliances from various manufacturers and with a mix of OS software and firmware levels. Progent's background providing online support for both legacy and modern technologies in virtual office solutions allows you to make cost-effective use of your existing network infrastructure and offers fast access to expertise for making essential updates. Support services offered by Progent to assist you to implement a productive telecommuting infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) connectivity allows you to create a secure connection for authorized remote employees to access IT assets located at your company data center or in a public cloud. Progent can help you to configure and manage VPN access between your at-home workforce and your key IT resources by providing online VPN configuration consulting. For organizations with Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco ASA Firewall experts can assist your at-home workers to set up Cisco's AnyConnect client software to provide safe VPN connections for a broad range of endpoint devices such as Microsoft Windows, macOS, iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) platforms enable a teleworker to view and use a remote PC's desktop. This gives network managers more control over the computing environment of telecommuters and offers them a familiar experience. Progent's VDI consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops expertise.
- Routers connect at-home computer networks to the Internet and typically support VPN tunnels, local Wi-Fi connectivity, and firewalls. Progent offers top-tier online consulting for integrating home routers from all major manufacturers. See router configuration support from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, often supporting an entire household and guests, are frequently used by telecommuters to access their Internet router for work. This can cause throughput and security issues. Progent can help businesses to mitigate these issues by delivering services that include Cisco Aironet integration consulting, Cisco-certified Meraki wireless installation expertise, and Ubiquiti WiFi access point setup help.
- Internet connectivity solutions affect the speed and reliability of connections between at-home workers and the corporate network. Business-critical processes might demand backup Internet connections in the event the primary connection fails. Progent offers guidance for selecting service providers, selecting appropriate bandwidth and data volume packages, and integrating fault-tolerant Internet access. See Internet connectivity solutions.
IP Voice Integration for At-Home Workers
Expanding the company PBX environment to include telecommuters is vital to supporting a productive at-home workforce. A variety of cloud-centric digital PBX products are used by SMBs to server remote users. Many enterprises rely on Cisco's modern or legacy platforms for VoIP solutions. Progent can assist businesses of all sizes to design or maintain a telecommuter VoIP environment that provides the versatility, convenience and protection needed for remote users. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice experts offer advanced support to assist organizations tune their current Cisco IP voice environments to handle a growing remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM) delivers high-end telephony capabilities to devices such as IP phones, media processing platforms, VoIP gateways, and mixed media apps deployed throughout the network. Unified Communications Manager manages other mixed media services such as messaging, voice/video conferencing, and team interaction networks. For more information about Progent's Unified Communications Manager support, refer to Cisco Unified CM expertise.
- CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing agent and has been superseded by Cisco Unified CM or CUCM. Progent can assist your company to maintain your existing CallManager deployment or migrate efficiently to Cisco's current IP telephony products. For details about Progent's expertise for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other early VoIP products, visit Cisco CallManager consulting services.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable connectivity with public telephony networks and with clients operating outside the corporate perimeter
such as at-home workers. Progent can provide expert support for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways like the UC520, UC540 and UC560 series and for current Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway integration expertise.
- Additional VoIP Platforms supported by Progent include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can help you to expand your WAN architecture to work with these VoIP solutions and deliver online integration and debugging expertise.
Voice/Video Conferencing for Telecommuters
A wide range of voice/video conferencing platforms from leading vendors enable virtual discussions, video and voice conferencing, chat, and screen/content sharing for both local workers and telecommuters. Many companies use multiple conferencing products to accommodate their different partners and customers. Progent can assist your organization to manage your current conferencing ecosystem and enhance the engagement of your at-home workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular unified communications product that supports real-time presence, IM, audio and video calling and conferencing plus the seamless integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications such as PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent offers the expertise of Microsoft-certified consultants who can help you to set up and maintain Skype for Business client software to support your at-home employees. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business integration services.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video calling app for iOS, iPadOS, iPod and macOS devices. FaceTime runs on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Current editions of FaceTime allow up to 32 concurrent users for voice/video calls. For details about Progent's support services for Apple FaceTime, visit Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports remote conferencing for most computing devices. Offered through Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex capabilities include sharing granular content or computer screens, presentations that embed rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, network-based capture, plus editing and playback for future reference. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Cisco Webex as well as for other video conferencing solutions from Cisco, refer to Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams provides a portal for conferencing, contacts, and information with capabilities that include IP voice and video calling, persistent threaded chat, plus data sharing. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Teams as well as for other Microsoft 365 apps, visit Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver configuration and troubleshooting expertise for these products and
help your business to optimize your WAN infrastructure to run them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Software for Remote Workers
Microsoft's collaboration products are tightly integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office and Microsoft 365 suites, providing a rich ecosystem of applications that create a cohesive user interface for exchanging information across multiple sites and on a wide selection of endpoints. Progent has delivered online consulting support for SharePoint and Exchange since their initial publication and can help businesses to tune these flagship collaboration products to maximize the productivity of your remote workers.
SharePoint utilizes web sites to facilitate collaboration and information sharing by providing policy-based delivery of data, workflow, and utilities for searching through company-wide information silos. SharePoint enables you to build secure portals that allows at-home workers to view and edit consolidated business intelligence by means of Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social networking web sites, and Web Parts. To find out about Progent's SharePoint expertise, see SharePoint integration and development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To learn about Progent's Exchange expertise, visit planning and configuration consulting for Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoft's collaborative cloud-based storage service, similar to GoogleDrive. Remote workers can save files to OneDrive, and colleagues anywhere can access them securely through a browser. Provided with Microsoft Office and Microsoft 365, OneDrive allows remote employees to co-author files. Edits made offline are automatically synced when you go back online. For details about Progent's support services for OneDrive, visit Microsoft Onedrive configuration consulting.
Cloud Integration Services for Remote Workers
Progent offers advanced remote support for enabling organizations to create, maintain and troubleshoot cohesive network architectures that combine physical data centers, remote workers, branches, plus public cloud resources. Progent can provide top-tier consultant for all modes of public cloud service including Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service. Progent can help telecommuters fix issues with public cloud access, identity, and security.
Microsoft Azure is a popular family of public cloud software and services that allows you to utilize IT infrastructure, servers, and key applications hosted on Microsoft's massive cloud. Azure includes over one hundred services services including the ability to host Windows and Linux-based virtual machines, on-demand cloud storage, email and messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and backup/restore. Progent can help you to deploy VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, configure cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity management with Azure Active Directory, and plan data backup and recovery solutions with Azure Backup. Progent can also show you how to create secure access to Azure services for telecommuters by configuring and debugging firewall appliances and VPN tunnels. To learn about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Azure, go to Azure consulting services.
Microsoft 365, previously branded Office 365, is Microsoft's popular family of client productivity applications and cloud-based services offered on a subscription basis. Office apps and cloud services are marketed in a variety of plans designed for users ranging from students and small offices to large enterprises. Progent offers quick and affordable online access to experts familiar with Microsoft 365-compatible devices based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent can help you to assess the various subscription bundles offered with Microsoft 365 and configure 365 applications for your teleworkers in a way that delivers top business value. To learn about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft 365, go to Microsoft 365 consulting expertise.
Exchange Online is one of the most widely used cloud-based applications in Azure-hosted Microsoft 365 product suite. Exchange Online offers the advantages of reduced spending for data center infrastructure, simplified management, dynamic scaling, high availability, and other benefits inherent with cloud computing. Microsoft has designed Exchange Online to operate transparently with local Exchange environments, enabling customers to create hybrid cloud/onsite information systems. Progent's Exchange consultants can provide occasional assistance to get you through challenging IT roadblocks and can also provide comprehensive project management services to ensure your remote workers have convenient and safe access to your Exchange Online environment. To learn Progent's expertise for Exchange Online, see Microsoft 365 Exchange Online configuration and troubleshooting expertise.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a pioneer in the public cloud computing market and is the industry's leading source of cloud services. Progent offers fast and economical online contact with cloud connectivity consultants who can assist your business to design, deploy, manage, and troubleshoot hybrid IT networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud services with local resources and with other popular cloud platforms such as Azure. Progent also can provide access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to assist you to create a high-uptime network architecture so your users have a consistent computing experience regardless of whether they are working from your main office, a remote branch, at home, or on the road. To find out about Progent's consulting services for Amazon AWS, go to Amazon AWS integration expertise.
Google Cloud Platform is a popular collection of cloud services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can assist your organization to expand your existing IT resources with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's database experts can help you make your key apps cloud friendly so your teleworkers can benefit fully from Google Cloud services. Progent's consultants can help your organization to deploy virtual machines on Google Cloud Compute Engine, design an efficient storage system with GCP Storage, and streamline identity management for remote workers with Google Cloud Identity. Progent's experts can also help your business to utilize GCP's unified management technology to control and monitor your GCP ecosystem. To learn, visit Google Cloud Platform consulting expertise.
Help Desk Call Center Services for At-Home Workers
An emergency, enterprise-wide transition to a from-home business model, which might be motivated by an epidemic or as an element of a disaster recovery preparedness plan, can overwhelm even a well-staffed in-house Call Center. Progent's Call Center services make it possible for organizations to outsource or supplement their Call Center with Progent's online Technical Response Center team.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk support services leverage Progent's nationwide team of remote technical support specialists combined with world-class ticketing and follow-up software to offer an affordable, advanced Help Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide a comprehensive solution that addresses all facets of remote Level 1 PC technical support from help requests to ticket generation, screen sharing, problem resolution, and reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal enables teleworkers to track or update the status of their active trouble tickets, enter details, and upload screen captures or attachments. Technical support services are provided at a substantial price reduction off Progent's normal Level 1 technical service charges, and Progent offers optional fast hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 IT specialists to deal with complex issues. To find out more, go to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small businesses.
- Progent's Support Desk Augmentation Service enables you to augment your current Call Center organization by splitting delivery of Call Desk services transparently between your regular IT support staff and Progent's nationwide roster of PC support engineers and subject matter experts. Progent's co-managed Help Desk service is based on a collaborative support solution utilizing the number one professional services automation (PSA) platform for handling service requests and ticketing, establishing responsibility, tracking progress, and generating reports. To learn how Progent's Help Desk Supplementation Services can enable your business to deliver world-class desktop support to your telecommuters, visit Progent's Call Desk augmentation Services.
Security for Teleworkers
At-home staff members typically utilize their own computing devices and often operate in a poorly secured physical environment. This increases their vulnerability to malware threats and requires careful deployment of corporate firewalls, anti-malware tools, multi-factor authentication, remote monitoring, extensive user training, and the development of policies based on leading practices. Progent's veteran team of IT security support experts can assist your business to design, configure and manage an effective security solution that guards vital information resources in networks that include telecommuters.
Firewalls allow companies to create a network environment that can be safely accessed by local users as well as by telecommuters, mobile workers, vendors, customers, and the public. Modern firewall appliances allow you to configure and control appropriate access rights to different groups of users and to expand your IT network and modify your cybersecurity posture as your business evolves and as network attacks grow increasingly complex. Progent supports both new and older security devices from all leading vendors including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, and Fortinet. To find out more about Progent's firewall configuration services, see firewall configuration and support expertise.
Online Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it easy to track the various computers utilized by teleworkers and either reject or spot and mitigate modern cyber attacks like ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a small-footprint agent is installed on every secured endpoint device, monitoring all activity and using state-of-the-art behavioral threat analysis from SentinelOne to identify zero-day attacks on arrival. When a cyberattack is spotted, ProSight ASM instantly isolates the targeted endpoint from the network to quarantine the malware. Since the ProSight Active Security Monitoring agent is autonomous, endpoint devices remain secure even when they are not connected to the Internet. Progent is a SentinelOne Partner, reseller, and integrator. To find out more about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, go to remote endpoint security monitoring for an at-home workforce.
Progent's Duo authentication services incorporate Cisco's Duo technology to protect against stolen passwords by using two-factor authentication (2FA). Duo supports one-tap identity verification on Apple iOS, Google Android, and other personal devices. With Duo 2FA, when you log into a protected online account and enter your password you are asked to verify your identity on a device that only you possess and that is accessed using a different network channel. A wide selection of out-of-band devices can be utilized as this added form of authentication such as a smartphone or watch, a hardware/software token, a landline telephone, etc. You may designate several validation devices. For more information about ProSight Duo two-factor identity validation services, visit Duo MFA two-factor authentication (2FA) services for at-home workers.
Security Audits can evaluate the exposure of your network to all types of outside and local security attacks for an environment that incorporates telecommuters. Progent can deploy remote, automated security analysis scanning for quickly and affordably uncovering a wide variety of security holes that can be found over the Internet. Progent's security audit experts, which can be provided by security professionals with advanced certifications such as CISM, ISSAP, and GIAC, can help your business to audit your processes and governance policies and assess your WAN architecture to enable you to implement the highest level of security for your at-home workers.
Download White Paper: Securing a Work-From-Home (WFH) Environment
To view or download a white paper about key areas to focus on for securing an IT environment that incorporates work-from-home staff, click:
Protecting a Work-From-Home Network White Paper. (PDF - 2.4 MB)
Data Protection for Teleworkers
Data Protection involves backing up and restoring critical data so as to prevent data loss and minimize restoration time in the event of storage problems due to hardware issues, software glitches, human mistakes, cyber attack, or any other reason. Reliable data protection strategies can be particularly challenging to architect and maintain in hybrid networks that incorporate in-house data centers, cloud resources, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Restore solutions for telecommuters must address diverse types of personally owned endpoints. Progent offers quick online help from consultants knowledgeable about a broad array of platforms for protection Microsoft Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX servers and desktops as well as laptops, iOS and Android tablets and handhelds. Leading backup/recovery solutions supported by Progent's data protection experts include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To back up resources distributed throughout a wide area network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a managed backup/recovery subscription service that uses cloud-based storage and features fine-grained restore and centralized management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity plans commonly envision scenarios that require a temporary switch to an at-home workforce. Progent's senior disaster recovery planning consultants and business continuity planning specialists can help your business to develop, document and validate a DR/BC plan that includes the logistics of switching to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for Teleworkers
Microsoft has renamed and reshuffled its endpoint management platforms under the name Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud-based management of mobile and remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing on-premises endpoints. Endpoint Manager features a unified solution for safeguarding corporate data by controlling on-premises, mobile, and at-home endpoint devices.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also features Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and protecting remote devices and software. Managed endpoint devices can be personally owned or company owned. Network admins managing the endpoint devices of at-home workers can use Intune to deploy and authenticate applications on devices, push updates and certificates, set up policies for permission to access data and networks, set passwords, create VPN connections, determine how teleworkers share data, establish threat protection, verify security compliance, and wipe corporate information from missing, stolen or decommissioned devices. Intune can be used with Apple iOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X devices. For information about Microsoft Intune and how Progent can assist you to use this platform to manage the endpoint computers of your telecommuters, go to Intune remote endpoint management expertise.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced centralized MDM platform that allows network administrators to keep remote endpoints current and protected. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch for centralized endpoint management along with VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery platform for identity control, application management, and setup management of endpoints. Workspace ONE runs with devices based on Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-site deployment through a perpetual license. Key capabilities of Workspace ONE include fast remote deployment of out-of-the-box notebooks, immediate onboarding of new employees, policy set up and enforcement for all categories of endpoints, unifies management reporting and analytics, an email encryption gateway, and integration with Microsoft applications and cloud products. For information about Progent's support services for VMware Workspace ONE, go to VMware Workspace ONE mobile endpoint management consultants.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Expertise
To get in touch with Progent about creating and managing a productive telecommuter solution for your Chandler, Arizona business, phone 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.