Progent's Ransomware Negotiation Services in Charleston
Progent is experienced in negotiating ransomware settlements with hackers. Reaching an optimum settlement is a complicated activity that calls for a combination of real-word experience, IT skills and business acumen. It also demands working closely with the victim's IT staff and the cyber insurance provider, if any. Because the number one priority of the ransomware target is fast recovery, it is vital to establish response teams that work efficiently, concurrently, and with intimate collaboration. Progent offers the breadth of IT skills and the deep bench of personnel to supplement your IT support team and recover your network environment rapidly and affordably.
Services available from Progent's ransomware settlement negotiation experts include:
Concurrent with the settlement negotiations, Progent's ransomware staff can assist with:
- Determining the type of ransomware involved in the attack
- making contact with the hacker
- Assessing the likelihood of recovery
- Validating the hacker's decryption capabilities
- Determining a settlement payment with the victim and the cyber insurance provider
- Negotiating a settlement and schedule with the TA
- Confirming adherence to anti-money laundering (AML) regulations
- Carrying out the crypto-currency disbursement to the hacker
- Acquiring, reviewing, and using the threat actor's decryption utility
- If necessary, contacting the threat actor for technical assistance with the decryption tool
After the decryption tool has been learned, Progent can help you to restore computers and software services to their original condition. Progent can also help you to perform comprehensive forensics and generate a report to share with the cyber insurance carrier. This report identifies cybersecurity gaps that must be fixed and recommends actions that should be performed to counter future ransomware assaults.
- Isolating infected endpoints to arrest the spread of the attack
- Making digital copies of every breached device and data store in order to perform forensics in parallel with restoration
- Installing anti-virus agents to all clean endpoints
- Salvaging files from air-gapped backups or unscathed machines
- Building a clean environment
- Remapping and connecting datastores to reflect exactly their pre-encryption state
Paying Exfiltration Ransoms
In addition to demanding money for a decryption utility, current variants of crypto-ransomware such as Ryuk, Sodinokibi, DopplePaymer, and Egregor often try to steal (or "exfiltrate") files. TAs can then require an additional ransom for not divulging this data on the dark web. Unfortunately, there exists no method to prove that exfiltrated files have been completely deleted by the TA. In fact, in numerous cases the threat actor has little say about data custody. Settling an exfiltration ransom does not free you from the necessity of getting the guidance of privacy attorneys, performing an audit on which data were stolen, and sending the necessary notifications to affected entities. In almost all cases, paying an exfiltration ransom is a waste.
Progent has provided remote and on-premises network services throughout the U.S. for over 20 years and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's roster of subject matter experts (SMEs) includes consultants who have earned high-level certifications in core technology platforms including Cisco networking, VMware virtualization, and major Linux distros. Progent's cybersecurity consultants have earned internationally recognized certifications including CISM, CISSP-ISSAP, and CRISC. (See certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also offers top-tier support in financial and ERP applications. This broad array of expertise gives Progent the ability to salvage and consolidate the undamaged pieces of your information system after a ransomware intrusion and rebuild them quickly into a functioning network. Progent has worked with leading insurance carriers like Chubb to help organizations clean up after ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Crypto-Ransomware Settlement Services in Charleston
To contact with Progent about ransomware settlement negotiation expertise in Charleston, phone Progent at 800-462-8800 or go to Contact Progent.