Ransomware Hot Line: 800-462-8800
24x7 Online Access to a Top-tier Ransomware Consultant
Ransomware needs time to steal its way across a network. Because of this, ransomware assaults are typically unleashed on weekends and at night, when IT staff are likely to take longer to become aware of a breach and are least able to mount a quick and coordinated defense. The more lateral movement ransomware is able to make inside a victim's system, the more time it will require to restore basic operations and scrambled files and the more data can be stolen and posted to the dark web.
Progent's Ransomware Hot Line is intended to help organizations to take the urgent first phase in responding to a ransomware assault by putting out the fire. Progent's online ransomware experts can help businesses in the Charleston metro area to locate and isolate breached devices and guard undamaged resources from being penetrated.
If your network has been breached by any strain of ransomware, don't panic. Get help quickly by calling Progent's Ransomware Hot Line at 800-462-8800.
Progent's Ransomware Recovery Expertise Available in Charleston
Current variants of crypto-ransomware like Ryuk, Maze, DopplePaymer, and Nephilim encrypt online files and attack any available system restores. Files synchronized to the cloud can also be corrupted. For a poorly defended environment, this can make automated restoration nearly impossible and effectively throws the IT system back to the beginning. So-called Threat Actors, the cybercriminals responsible for ransomware assault, insist on a ransom payment in exchange for the decryptors needed to recover scrambled data. Ransomware attacks also attempt to exfiltrate information and hackers demand an additional ransom in exchange for not publishing this information or selling it. Even if you can rollback your system to an acceptable point in time, exfiltration can be a major issue according to the sensitivity of the stolen information.
The recovery work subsequent to ransomware attack involves a number of distinct phases, the majority of which can proceed concurrently if the recovery workgroup has a sufficient number of people with the necessary experience.
- Quarantine: This time-critical first step requires arresting the lateral spread of the attack across your IT system. The more time a ransomware assault is permitted to run unchecked, the longer and more costly the recovery effort. Because of this, Progent maintains a 24x7 Ransomware Hotline staffed by seasoned ransomware response experts. Containment processes consist of cutting off affected endpoints from the network to minimize the spread, documenting the environment, and protecting entry points.
- System continuity: This covers bringing back the network to a basic acceptable level of functionality with the shortest possible downtime. This effort is usually at the highest level of urgency for the targets of the ransomware assault, who often perceive it to be an existential issue for their company. This project also demands the widest range of technical skills that span domain controllers, DHCP servers, physical and virtual machines, PCs, laptops and smart phones, databases, productivity and line-of-business applications, network topology, and safe endpoint access. Progent's recovery experts use advanced workgroup platforms to coordinate the complex recovery process. Progent appreciates the importance of working quickly, tirelessly, and in unison with a client's management and IT group to prioritize tasks and to get vital services on line again as fast as feasible.
- Data recovery: The effort necessary to restore files impacted by a ransomware attack depends on the state of the network, the number of files that are affected, and what restore methods are needed. Ransomware attacks can take down pivotal databases which, if not properly closed, might have to be rebuilt from the beginning. This can include DNS and AD databases. Exchange and SQL Server rely on Active Directory, and many manufacturing and other business-critical platforms depend on Microsoft SQL Server. Often some detective work may be required to find clean data. For instance, undamaged OST files may have survived on employees' desktop computers and laptops that were not connected at the time of the attack. Progent's Altaro VM Backup experts can assist you to utilize immutable backup for cloud object storage, enabling tamper-proof data for a set duration so that backup data cannot be erased or modified by anyone including administrators. Immutable storage provides an extra level of security and recoverability in the event of a successful ransomware attack.
- Implementing modern AV/ransomware defense: Progent's ProSight ASM uses SentinelOne's machine learning technology to offer small and mid-sized companies the advantages of the same AV technology implemented by some of the world's biggest corporations including Walmart, Citi, and NASDAQ. By providing real-time malware filtering, detection, mitigation, restoration and forensics in a single integrated platform, Progent's Active Security Monitoring cuts total cost of ownership, streamlines management, and expedites resumption of operations. SentinelOne's next-generation endpoint protection engine built into in ProSight Active Security Monitoring was listed by Gartner Group as the industry's "most visionary Endpoint Protection Platform (EPP)." Progent is a SentinelOne Partner, reseller, and integrator. Read about Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring endpoint protection and ransomware defense with SentinelOne technology.
- Negotiating a settlement with the threat actor (TA): Progent is experienced in negotiating ransom settlements with threat actors. This calls for close co-operation with the victim and the insurance provider, if there is one. Services include determining the type of ransomware involved in the assault; identifying and making contact with the hacker; verifying decryption capabilities; budgeting a settlement with the ransomware victim and the cyber insurance provider; negotiating a settlement amount and schedule with the TA; checking compliance with anti-money laundering sanctions; carrying out the crypto-currency payment to the hacker; receiving, reviewing, and operating the decryptor utility; debugging failed files; building a clean environment; mapping and connecting datastores to match exactly their pre-encryption condition; and restoring machines and software services.
- Forensics: This activity involves learning the ransomware attack's progress throughout the network from beginning to end. This audit trail of how a ransomware attack progressed through the network assists your IT staff to evaluate the damage and brings to light gaps in security policies or work habits that need to be rectified to prevent later break-ins. Forensics involves the examination of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object (GPO), Active Directory, DNS servers, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and basic Windows systems to look for variations. Forensic analysis is usually given a high priority by the cyber insurance provider. Because forensics can take time, it is essential that other key activities like business resumption are pursued concurrently. Progent has an extensive roster of IT and security professionals with the knowledge and experience required to carry out the work of containment, business resumption, and data recovery without interfering with forensic analysis.
Progent has provided online and onsite IT services throughout the U.S. for over two decades and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's roster of subject matter experts (SMEs) includes professionals who have earned advanced certifications in foundation technologies such as Cisco networking, VMware virtualization, and major Linux distros. Progent's data security experts have earned industry-recognized certifications including CISA, CISSP-ISSAP, and GIAC. (See Progent's certifications). Progent also has guidance in financial and ERP applications. This breadth of skills allows Progent to identify and integrate the surviving parts of your information system following a ransomware assault and reconstruct them rapidly into a functioning system. Progent has collaborated with leading insurance providers including Chubb to help organizations clean up after ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent for Ransomware Cleanup Expertise in Charleston
For ransomware recovery consulting services in the Charleston metro area, call Progent at 800-462-8800 or go to Contact Progent.