Enlarging your remote workforce may have a major impact on network infrastructure, security, and corporate culture. Progent has 20 years of background helping SMBs to plan, configure, administer, tune, and debug IT networks that support at-home workers. Progent can help your Charleston company to select the right technologies and adhere to best practices in creating and maintaining a secure virtual solution for telecommuters that promotes collaboration and returns maximum value. Progent offers support services ranging from as-needed expertise for helping you past challenging technical roadblocks to full project management to help you carry out business-critical tasks.
Progent's consultants can help Charleston, South Carolina companies to with any aspect of creating a high-functioning work-from-home ecosystem by delivering infrastructure configuration services, IP voice expertise, video conferencing support, collaboration platform selection and deployment, public cloud integration, helpdesk outsourcing, security monitoring, data protection solutions, and streamlined management.
Video Conferencing for Teleworkers
A wide selection of video conferencing products from major technology companies support virtual discussions, video and voice conferencing, chat sessions, and content sharing for both onsite users and teleworkers. Many organizations utilize a mix of conferencing products to accommodate their various partners and clients. Progent can assist your organization to manage your current voice/video conferencing ecosystem and optimize the productivity of your at-home workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading unified communications platform that supports real-time presence, IM, voice and video conferencing plus the transparent integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications such as PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent offers the skills of Microsoft-certified specialists who can help you to deploy and manage Skype for Business client software to support your remote employees. To learn more about Progent's support services for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business integration services.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video phone platform for iOS, iPadOS, iPod and Mac computers and smartphones. FaceTime runs on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Later versions of FaceTime allow as many as 32 simultaneous users for video sessions. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Apple FaceTime, see Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides remote conferencing for most desktop or mobile devices. Offered via Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex services include sharing granular content or computer screens, presentations that embed rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, network-based capture, plus revision and playback for future reference and training. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Webex and for other IP video products from Cisco, refer to Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a hub for conferencing, contacts, and content with features that include voice/video conferencing, threaded chat, plus file sharing. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Teams as well as for additional Microsoft 365 apps, see Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Conferencing Apps supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver integration and debugging expertise for these products and
help you to optimize your network infrastructure to host them.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Expertise
To contact Progent about building and managing a productive telecommuter solution for your Charleston, South Carolina company, phone 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.