Expanding your at-home workforce may have a major impact on network infrastructure, security/compliance, and corporate culture. Progent has two decades of background assisting small and mid-size businesses to plan, deploy, administer, optimize, and debug IT environments that support work-from-home employees. Progent can help your Charleston company to pick the right technologies and adhere to best practices in creating and maintaining a secure virtual ecosystem for telecommuters that promotes collaboration and delivers maximum business value. Progent offers services that go from as-needed guidance for getting you past occasional technical bottlenecks to full project management or co-management to help you successfully complete business-critical initiatives.
Progent can assist Charleston, South Carolina organizations to with any facet of building a high-performing work-at-home ecosystem by providing network infrastructure design and configuration services, VoIP PBX expertise, voice/video conferencing integration, collaboration platform customization and training, public cloud connectivity, Help Desk augmentation, cybersecurity, backup/restore solutions, and centralized management.
Video Conferencing for Telecommuters
A broad selection of voice/video conferencing products from major technology companies enable online meetings, video conferencing, chat sessions, and screen sharing for both onsite workers and teleworkers. Many companies use a mix of conferencing products to meet the needs of their different partners and clients. Progent's communications experts can help your organization to manage your existing voice/video conferencing environment and optimize the experience of your remote employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading unified communications product that supports real-time presence, instant messaging, voice and video calling and conferencing plus the seamless integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software such as PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent offers the skills of Microsoft-certified specialists who can help your company to set up and manage Skype for Business clients to support your at-home employees. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Skype for Business, refer to Skype for Business consulting services.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video calling platform for iOS and macOS devices. FaceTime runs over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Later editions of FaceTime support as many as 32 simultaneous users for video calls. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Apple FaceTime, refer to Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides online conferencing for most desktop or mobile devices. Delivered via Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex capabilities include sharing discrete content or computer screens, presentations that embed rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint, session capture, plus editing and playback for future reference. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Webex and for other IP video solutions from Cisco, refer to Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a hub for conversations, contacts, and content with capabilities that include voice/video conferencing, persistent threaded chat, plus data sharing. For details about Progent's support services for Teams and for other Microsoft 365 apps, refer to Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Voice/Video Conferencing Apps supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide integration and troubleshooting services for these products and
help your business to tune your WAN architecture to host them.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Expertise
To contact Progent about creating and maintaining a productive telecommuter solution for your Charleston, South Carolina organization, phone 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.